3.8

1. May 16, 2019
    I had high hopes for SE2 remastered. (on PC).

I've over 300hrs on SE4 (pc). Not much by some peoples standards, but enough to have a good feel for the playstyle, animation style and general graphics/effects across the game. In SE4 I'm primarily co-op survival with friends (just to make clear my bias :). I've played some SE3, and while good, wasn't *quite* as polished as SE4 (little
    I had high hopes for SE2 remastered. (on PC).

In SE4 I'm primarily co-op survival with friends (just to make clear my bias :). I've played some SE3, and while good, wasn't *quite* as polished as SE4 (little things like, why can't I continue picking up stuff between survival rounds?).

I had high hopes for SE2R. I had hoped they had taken an older classic, given it current movement/graphics, and that'd it be "the same" but new, and different.
    I paid the full price (didn't own original SE2) gladly.

I played about 20m of kill tally with friends. I fouund it to be totally unbalanced. Difficult to see enemies. non-linear rampups on incoming enemy numbers. I think the first couple of waves were 5-6 and then wave 3 is something like 12. Only playing on "marskman" (easy). And still getting utterly overwhelmed.

Totally different from SE4 (which is fine) but just didn't enjoy it at all. In fact, 20m is all it took before I requested a refund. Sadly.
    Perhaps Kill-Tally is a bad way to experience SE2R, unsure. I didn't try the campaign.

Graphics we're "ok", but I was still left wanting even at the main menus. I had thoughts of "did they actually remaster this?".

Player movement is weird. It's very digital. I go left and suddently the player snaps left and begins moving left. In SE4 that's a far more gradually animated transition. Movement seemed clunky in SE2, detracting from overall feel.

I'm sure my negative bias is based on the hopes that I had for the game. It's probably good.
    Is it worth $40 (NZD)? Not to me. I'd rather play SE4 survival for another 300 hrs. Is it worth $13 (NZD) if I owned SE2 already? Maaaaaybe. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

I'm not giving this a 1/2 rating. It's probably an OK game.
    It just doesn't live up to later releases or that it's a "remaster".
  2. May 19, 2019
    Low-res textures in a remaster... terrible enemy movement. No manual save which is annoying. It's a letdown.
  3. May 21, 2019
    Sniper Elite V2 Remastered es un título que viene a compensar la falta de Sniper Elite 5 (Aunque ya está confirmado) y no lo hace de buena manera. Si bien el apartado visual realmente marca varias mejoras, los problemas de mecánicas se realzan mucho más y tal vez, en eso deberían haber puesto el ojo.

1. May 24, 2019
    Overall, the game’s remaster is average at best, and the only demographic that will truly be interested in it is the one that grew up with the original and want to relive their glory days sniping Nazis, zombies, and Nazi zombies.
  2. May 14, 2019
    If you’ve never played Sniper Elite V2 Remastered, this game can offer a nice entertainment for fans of the sniper experiences. Otherwise, this remaster is’t worth that much.
  3. May 13, 2019
    Sniper Elite V2 Remastered is a brilliant remaster of a mediocre game. The central concept is still cool and players will have fun with it at its best moments, but there are just too many glaring design flaws that no visual overhaul could ever fix.