8.2

1. May 17, 2019
    I can play this game forever! I'm not saying that because I am a Sonic fan.
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    Sonic Adventure 2 is possibly known best for it's outstanding music and fun Chao Garden. With both great things in hand it greats an amazing feeling that'll get people to come back for more. From fast gameplay to slow, Sonic Adventure 2 mixes up The feel of the game to make sure you're getting more for your buck. Sonic Adventure 2 is still as great as it was long ago
  3. Aug 31, 2013
    Sonic Adventure 2 is one of the best games in the Sonic series. The game brings together different elements of gameplay which were introduced in the first game but expanded it over without the worry and stress of going back and forth in a open world. The game includes a marvelous soundtrack despite its horrid voice acting, improved visuals and dynamic lighting/shading, along with a ton ofSonic Adventure 2 is one of the best games in the Sonic series. The game brings together different elements of gameplay which were introduced in the first game but expanded it over without the worry and stress of going back and forth in a open world. The game includes a marvelous soundtrack despite its horrid voice acting, improved visuals and dynamic lighting/shading, along with a ton of replay value in its levels and addicting Chao garden mini game. Also dont forget about the multiplayer and boss battle modes which are also available. Simply one of the best games in the history of video games. Expand
  4. Nov 21, 2012
    Sonic Adventure 2 is simply amazing. It's arguably one of the best sonic games ever. It's not something brand new, but many old fans that played it on the gamecube may be interested in the nostalgia factor. Also the music in this game is great. Go pick it up off of steam; it's only 10 bucks!
  5. Dec 26, 2018
    I've never experienced SA2 before playing the steam release so I won't be wearing any nostalgia goggles here. And to be honest this might be the most overrated game in history.

SA2 is mostly a downgrade to its predecessor which wasn't great to begin with. Its story is lackluster and laughable at times, the controls are clunky, the level design is horrible, and you have to repeat the adventure twice on two teams. And to make matters worse it forces you to change characters after each stage.

There are 3 playable characters in the game and each has an exact copy in terms of gameplay on the other team. You have Sonic/Shadow, Tails/Eggman, and Knuckles/Rouge.

Sonic/Shadow stages are typical speed stages where you have to run to the finish line. These stages are the only ones worth playing. They're not great though, they lack variety and exploration which existed in its predecessor but for some reason got removed here. But even if you want to stick with these stages you are forced to change characters after each one.

Tails/Eggman stages are very boring. In these stages you ride a slow mech with auto-target missiles and just like the speed stages, you need to reach the end of the stage to finish it. The mech stages are by far the most boring in the game. The entire experience is just walking slowly, stopping when see and enemy, auto-target, shoot, then continue walking slowly. The platforming is irritating when the character is so heavy.

The Knuckles/Rouge stages however are by far the worst in the game. In these stages you need to hunt for treasure. Treasure hunting stages already existing in the first Sonic Adventure and were pretty decent before. But in this game they completely ruined them. First they made it so that the radar only points to one gem at a time, forcing you many times to backtrack. The stage design however is also the worst in the game. Most stages incorporate very annoying gimmicks that are poorly designed, making traversing them very painful, especially when you are inevitably forced to backtrack. The last 2 stage for Knuckles and Rouge are the worst stages I've ever played in any Sonic game. The controls for both character are awkward and very buggy.

Boss stages are average and unimpressive. But sometimes the bosses are other playable characters. For speed characters you basically spam homing attack and hope for the best as the camera swings wildly at every direction. For mech characters you autoaim and hope for the best. As for treasure hunting characters, you're lucky if you even find your opponent let alone hit them.

The sounds are very loud and annoying. The dialogue is badly written and voiced. And I just can't find anything to write about this game. Even the chao garden which got many people invested in this game, is a very outdated virtual pet minigame.
  6. Oct 4, 2012
    Still one of the best Sonic games, recent Sonic games have gotten better, but they are good in a new and different way, this is easily the best of the classic Sonic games, must have for big fans!
  7. Oct 5, 2012
    So, Sonic Adventure 2 is back. We finally have it up on the Steam. For what I've seen, I must say that it didn't get to be the same error as the port of the first Adventure was earlier. This note is quite based on the comparation with experience we've seen with the First Adventure on the PSN/XBLA and Sonic Heroes, that came after the original Adventure 2. Can't say this game is way betterSo, Sonic Adventure 2 is back. We finally have it up on the Steam. For what I've seen, I must say that it didn't get to be the same error as the port of the first Adventure was earlier. This note is quite based on the comparation with experience we've seen with the First Adventure on the PSN/XBLA and Sonic Heroes, that came after the original Adventure 2. Can't say this game is way better or fixed than it was before, but it's a relief to see that this one has not been nerfed in terms of quality like the first Adventure. So, we have HD graphics, trophies (yes, finally a good reason to A-Rank all stages and missions)... But this is all to be there. We got no big news beside the chance to mix the best of the original Dreamcast version with the best of the Gamecube version via DLC. Nonetheless, it did not made the same mistake of becoming the bugmass the first Adventure had become on the PSN/XBLA version. Expand
  8. Jan 19, 2013
    My intial score is actually 6.7 or something but anyways. The gameplay is great and unique, actually but the annoying fact is that every sonic game on the PC, you NEED gamepad. The balance of characters was pretty ish since there is too much consquective Tails and Knuckles gameplay and Sonic is usually kept for last since it i the best. No big improvement here other than the textures andMy intial score is actually 6.7 or something but anyways. The gameplay is great and unique, actually but the annoying fact is that every sonic game on the PC, you NEED gamepad. The balance of characters was pretty ish since there is too much consquective Tails and Knuckles gameplay and Sonic is usually kept for last since it i the best. No big improvement here other than the textures and all. Multiplayer is only good with a Gamepad too. Chao Garden rules as well! Oh, and the camera stinks :/ Expand
  9. Apr 10, 2016
    This is awesome game . One of the best game of Sonic series . Awesome graphics for 2001 , Best storyline in videogame of the 2001 , best storyline in Sonic series with Sonic Adventure , Shadow the hedgehog , Sonic the hedgehog 2006 , Sonic Unleashed , Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations . Very amazing gameplay . Two campaign . Hero campaign and Dark . This game has got game for 2 players ,This is awesome game . One of the best game of Sonic series . Awesome graphics for 2001 , Best storyline in videogame of the 2001 , best storyline in Sonic series with Sonic Adventure , Shadow the hedgehog , Sonic the hedgehog 2006 , Sonic Unleashed , Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations . Very amazing gameplay . Two campaign . Hero campaign and Dark . This game has got game for 2 players , kart race , boss battle ( hero ) , boss battle ( dark ) and kart race ( for 2 player ) . And this game has got awesome , but sad ending . At the end Shadow is die . Amazing , cool , excellent , awesome , very good game . 9/10 Expand
  10. Dec 11, 2012
    I'm actually giving this game a 6.5 out of 10, but Metacritic does not allow decimals. So, my opinion on this game? Well I was a little disappointed really. There a good stages (the Sonic and Shadow stages) the average stages (Tails and Eggman) and the bad stages (Knuckles and Rouge). So looking at the game that way and seeing that the majority of it is either bad or average, I can't rateI'm actually giving this game a 6.5 out of 10, but Metacritic does not allow decimals. So, my opinion on this game? Well I was a little disappointed really. There a good stages (the Sonic and Shadow stages) the average stages (Tails and Eggman) and the bad stages (Knuckles and Rouge). So looking at the game that way and seeing that the majority of it is either bad or average, I can't rate it that highly. That said, it can feel sometimes rewarding when playing the Sonic or Shadow stages, it's almost like the bad levels are just there to make the good levels feel amazing! Anyway, it's worth a look at, it's not a complete failure, it's just average. Expand
  11. Jul 8, 2013
    I loved this game when I played it on the Gamecube, so when it came to Steam finally, I was pretty ecstatic. Upon playing it, I realized that this was a pretty good port, except one problem. I found that this game, at least at the time I played it, only natively supported the 360 pad. This is a problem for me, since I have no 360 pad to speak of. So I had to rough it out with aI loved this game when I played it on the Gamecube, so when it came to Steam finally, I was pretty ecstatic. Upon playing it, I realized that this was a pretty good port, except one problem. I found that this game, at least at the time I played it, only natively supported the 360 pad. This is a problem for me, since I have no 360 pad to speak of. So I had to rough it out with a keyboard and/or my key mapped 3rd party pad, both of which felt very clumsy.

To those whom have never played this game, you play as Sonic/Shadow stages, where its your standard Sonic affair of rushing through the level and killing as many enemies in combos to get a higher rank. The Tails/Eggman stages involve you on a small scale mech again killing things in combos to rack up points. The Knuckles/Rouge stages involve you finding 3 shards of the Master Emerald most of the time, in a treasure hunter sort of stage where you can ask for hints. Finding them without hints and quickly racks up the points there. The Sonic/Shadow stages are the most fun in my opinion.

Aside from the poor controller pad support, this is a very good port, the game itself is a 9/10 borderlining a 10, but the aforementioned poor controller support puts this port at a 7. If you have a Gamecube/Wii/Dreamcast lying around, I'd suggest finding those versions of the game.
  12. Sep 16, 2013
    Not that bad of a pc port but the old graphics and sound are missing Other than that this pc port is awesome! Brings back so many memories with the Dreamcast.
  13. Aug 5, 2016
    SHORT VERSION: It's by no means terrible, but the game really hasn't aged well.

Whenever I talk about Sonic with friends, this game is usually brought up. Most of them have fond memories of playing Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on the GameCube. I never grew up with a GameCube, so I was never able to experience it for myself. So I decided to finally give it a try with the Steam release.
    SHORT VERSION: It's by no means terrible, but the game really hasn't aged well.

GAME-PLAY: Levels are made up of three game modes: high speed platforming with Sonic or Shadow, treasure hunting with Knuckles or Rouge, and controlling a mech while shooting everything in sight with Tails and Dr. Eggman.

Sonic/Shadow: These parts are pretty fun when you have a good flow as you're speeding through the level, performing homing attacks on enemies, etc. However, I'd sometimes run in to cheap deaths which can get pretty obnoxious, but it was still overall fun.

Knuckles/Rouge: These would have to be the ABSOLUTE WORST parts of the game! You're supposed to look for three items in often extremely large areas making them very tedious to find. To make matters worse, the locations are completely random and the radar only tracks one item at a time.

Tails/Eggman: From what I hear, a lot of people hate these parts either a little less or just as much as much as the Knuckles/Rouge stages. But surprisingly, they're my favorite parts of the game. It's just you in a mech shooting everything in sight as you platform your way through the level, simple but fun. Apparently people have trouble platforming, but I was playing it just fine. The camera angles and the beeping noise when locking on to enemies can get annoying at first, but I got used to it.

STORY: From what I hear, I a lot of people really like this story. But I think everyone's starting to notice how cheesy and flawed it is. It's actually pretty fun to roast on it by noticing all the plot holes and how inconsistent it can be with what to focus on. This is all topped off by the hilarious voice acting that's absolutely terrible. But it gets better! Since the cut-scenes were made to follow the Japanese voices, the English voices often seem like they're speaking over or interrupting other characters. There's a scene where a space shuttle is about to crash and you can't tell if everyone's supposed to be freaking out on purpose or just unintentionally interrupting each other!

I'm not ranting on it like I did with my admittedly large LBX review for two reasons. One: I already knew what I was getting myself in to thanks to a review I saw. Two: I feel SA2 is so hilariously bad in terms of story and voice acting that it's more then deserving of someone to buy it just to make fun of it (it also helps that it's just $10, even lower during a sale).

FINAL THOUGHTS: Unfortunately, I don't think the game is as good as others claim. It can still be really fun to play, but I feel it's pretty dated in terms of some game-play decisions like cheap deaths and the dreadful Knuckles/Rouge stages. I have a feeling I would've loved this game if I grew up with it like everyone else, but it just feels dated by my modern standards.

If you're willing to get this game out of curiosity, just keep in mind that you may get frustrated at the parts that feel dated. If you want to make fun of the story, I'd say it's worth the ten dollars, but you should also keep the dated parts of the gameplay in mind.
  14. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's pretty fun, but I wouldn't call it "amazing." There are fun parts. The speed sections are super cool and fun. The mech sections can be fun (but aren't always.) The treasure sections are a nightmare! So yeah, it's got good parts, but isn't great. Expand
  15. Dec 9, 2015
    This game is AWESOME,i give it a 9/10.I like all of the stages,great bosses,awesome levels,good story,fun multiplayer.This is my number 4 best sonic games.
  16. Mar 6, 2019
    Poor level design, clunky controls, laughable voice acting and countless levels that are simply boring, Sonic Adventure 2 is easily the most overrated game Sonic game to date. The only good things about this game are the Sonic and Shadow levels and the music.
  17. May 27, 2017
    4 things wrong with this game cheap enemy placements,TREASURE hunting stages take way too long,THE MUSIC IS WAY TO LOUD DURING CUTCENES,THE SOUND FX ARE WAY TOO LOUD.
  18. Mar 15, 2018
    Good port!
    Sonic Adventure 2 is a good port to PC and has everything that the original game had, very good speed stages, demolition stages and the "sometimes annoying, sometimes fun" find the treasure stages. I haven't found any bugs that weren't in the original game, that being said the game has some audio syncing and music too loud over dialog problems.
    The single player experience is
    Good port!
    The single player experience is great, a "sonic like" non sensical story, bad voice acting, evil plans that makes no sense, everything that makes a Sonic game. Speed stages are really great, demolition stages are good to take a breather but the treasure stages can be really annoying when trying to find 3 treasures on a maze.
    Local multiplayer is really fun and has all 3 modes and lots of maps but nothing different from the single player.
    The game also offers a Chao garden, that is like a take care of your pet kind of thing and can be really fun, the problem is that you can bring from the stages only 10 items, having to make lots of trips if you want to raise your chao to a very good chao.
  19. Aug 2, 2018
    Неприятности с камерой все еще преследуют Соника из прошлой части. Игры за наклза могли быть лучше, если бы не на столько огромные просторы для поиска в некоторых локациях. А постоянное сканирование теилза, реально бесит. Но все еще игра хороша в основном на уровнях с Соником и Шэдоу. Убийство боссов по механике однотипно, добеги до нужно точки тыкни сюда тыклни туда и все, но все такиНеприятности с камерой все еще преследуют Соника из прошлой части. Игры за наклза могли быть лучше, если бы не на столько огромные просторы для поиска в некоторых локациях. А постоянное сканирование теилза, реально бесит. Но все еще игра хороша в основном на уровнях с Соником и Шэдоу. Убийство боссов по механике однотипно, добеги до нужно точки тыкни сюда тыклни туда и все, но все таки очень интренсы. Что нельзя сказать о боссах-героях. Если Соника-Шэдоу и Наклз-Руж хоть на сколько то можно назвать затруднительными(нужно выждать момент для атаки), то за Тэилса-Эгмана это тупое закликивание противника. Хорошие песни и ост вообщем. Хорошая история. Expand
  20. Mar 11, 2020
    [ ] Perfect
    [x] Awesome
    [ ] Good
    [ ] Good Bad
    [ ] Fail

Não vejo necessidade em escrever um longo texto analisando uma arte, a nota é apenas um conselho para saber o quanto ela vale para sua vida.

I see no need to write a long text analyzing an art, the note is just a piece of advice to know how much it is worth in your life.
  21. Mar 13, 2020
    In this HD port of the Dreamcast/Gamecube Sonic title, SEGA actually solidifies the presentation to make the experience clearer and not any less fun than it was.
  22. Jun 21, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game sucks mega pengis. absolutely terrible. i have spent thousands of hours in this game. and all of them i regret. do not play this game if you arent homophobic Expand
  23. Jun 28, 2020
    This is one of the best Sonic games not to say, the best, Gameplay is the most characteristic of this game, the animations, physics, movements ... all of that. What's more, it is the Sonic game with the best gameplay. this port is wonderful ... much more spacious and entertaining. Although they should have squeezed more the potential of the PC
  24. Jul 1, 2020
    Muito bom a história e o jogo são muito divertidos a jogabilidade é muito boa só tenho elogios a esse jogo incrível
  25. Mar 4, 2021
    Simply incredible!!! History perhaps being the best of the series, phases with varied gameplay but without losing the essence of Sonic and of course, the first appearance of Shadow and Rouge.
    But there may be things that can be annoying, like the fact that we can't choose who to play with, just the hero campaign or the dark campaign. Besides, the gameplay hasn't aged so well, but it's not all bad.

But other than that this game is great, I recommend it highly!
  26. Sep 10, 2020
    Muito bom o jogo, ótimos gráficos, trilha sonora legal, história bem elaborada, e você vai ficar horas em uma determinada fase ou boss, pois o jogo não é fácil, vai presenciar alguns bugs mas nada que atrapalhe.
  27. Oct 25, 2020
    This Game Was Fantastic But You Have To Install 3rd Party Patches To Make It More Better And Run Into .dill Issues And They Should Of Added The Battle Mode DLC With The Base Game £1.99 Is Too Much For A DLC With Karate Themes A New Intro and start screen and New 2p Stages I Hope The Upcomming Rumour Remake Solves These Issues