5.3

1. Nov 18, 2018
    Holy Hell! Never thought this would be so much fun! I thought I had completed my quest of finding the ultimate fighting game through Tekken but no!! This is a must, going to grab my softcopy so it can always be available to play.
  2. Dec 20, 2018
    Overall I like this installment in the series, definitely an improvement over IV and V. Character creation is a little less impressive than V at the moment, but gameplay is much more fluid, online functions fairly well on PC, although I have heard that xbox has been having issues. Matchmaking times are pretty short, the game allows you to easily filter by connection quality as well asOverall I like this installment in the series, definitely an improvement over IV and V. Character creation is a little less impressive than V at the moment, but gameplay is much more fluid, online functions fairly well on PC, although I have heard that xbox has been having issues. Matchmaking times are pretty short, the game allows you to easily filter by connection quality as well as several other parameters, and lag is infrequent. The game is fairly easy to get into if you don't spend a lot of time in fighting games, and a pretty high skill ceiling for veterans of the franchise. Graphically, VI is the best looking installment yet, as you would expect.

However the game does have some issues, character balance is meh, strong characters such as Ivy and Nightmare definitely outclass weak characters such as Tira and Taki more than is comfortable. Additionally, the new Reversal Edge mechanic leaves something to be desired. It is much easier to pull off than the traditional guard impact, and essentially pauses the match for a round of rock-paper-scissors. While it offers a good option to beginning players, it slows down gameplay, and isn't very satisfying, not to mention it gives what is in my opinion an excessive amount of meter gain.

SCVI is a strong return for the series, and probably the best since II or III imo.
  3. Feb 18, 2019
    One of very few fighting game series I can actually play more than a few hours and not throw up. It's obvious they tried to meet a common ground with the first 3 games and 5. And I think they did a good job. Gameplay is solid, lots of fun with friend or online competitively, although later on, only hardcore tryhards left playing it online.

Major problems about this game for me are

Major problems about this game for me are these:
    - Graphics don't look much better than SCV which released on PS3 and X360.
    - They hold one of the core fighter who is Tira behind a day one DLC pay wall.
    - The game updates very rarely, and there is no cross platform which causes player base on PC to shrink down to 300 players as I write this.

Overall, I can only recommend this game to fans of the genre or the series only. Yes it's a bit richer in content compared to IV and V but there is an overall blandness and old age showing.
  4. Oct 22, 2018
    The gameplay is fluid and the game is a lot more accessible with the indepth guides and tutorials. Somewhat easy entry barrier with a high skill ceiling, which is expected from modern day fighters. Single player seems to be a bit lacking, but who plays fighting games for the story? Soul Calibur is back, baby!
  5. Oct 22, 2018
    Pros:
    + Keeps what is good from earlier SC instead of breaking something that worked very well
    + Amazing Graphics + Great Soundtrack + Core cast isn't cut + Robust number of characters on launch + It isn't SCV + Character creation is robust - lost of people making cool crossover characters with it + Very fun ranked play + Core gameplay is the best + Cinematic moves added and lots
    Pros:
    + Amazing Graphics
    + Great Soundtrack
    + Core cast isn't cut
    + Robust number of characters on launch
    + It isn't SCV
    + Very fun ranked play
    + Core gameplay is the best
    + Cinematic moves added and lots of great particle effects

Cons:
    - No chat or voicechat in casual lobbies
    - Laggy connections sound can jitter on PC
    - Had to wait 8 years+ for this game after SCV wasn't good itself so been even longer than that

It's good they didn't change more. Change for the sake of change is why we got SCV. You change too much and you change the game's identity and what people like about it. This has super meters, soul charge and reversal edge as well as changing move sets some and balancing the game around all of that vs older SC. Changes I can live with because the core gameplay is there, and is awesome as it ever was and maybe even a little better, with a new skin, new levels, new story.

People rating games low because not enough changed in their opinion are totally missing the point of making a new installment. The new Dragon Quest for example got some low reviews from some people for reasons like that, but it's one of the most successful RPGs of all time, and bigger in Japan than even FF games. And their core fighting has NEVER changed since the first one. Ya'll are wack. Sometimes a formula works very well, and for new iterations only minor tweaks would make it better.
  6. Oct 24, 2018
    Loads of single player content:
    * Soul Chronicle: the main story and additionally a number of story chapters per character (all characters have a story).
    * Libra of Soul: a very long RPG-like story with numerous sidequests, unlockable stories, money to earn and spend, levels to gain and weapons to master and craft. * Arcade mode: fight against the CPU on a difficulty of your choice. *
    Loads of single player content:
    * Arcade mode: fight against the CPU on a difficulty of your choice.
    * Museum: learn the massive lore and world history behind all the story content and the characters themselves. Also art and cut-scenes and music.

Good network rank play (PC), also a casual mode with rooms.

Character creation is a massively fun mode, and you can fight others online with your customized fighters!

Really fun combat, intuitive mechanics, it's just a LOT of fun.
    Ringouts provide 3D tactics which is also very welcome.

Really recommended!
  7. Oct 29, 2018
    Really fun game to play, one of the best SC ever made, at least for me, some stuff might be still missing, but it's okay, it's a fighting game and it's really good at that you know what you are buying.
  8. Nov 14, 2018
    Wonderful to see the series hit the PC for the first time (legally).
    The game overall is really fun. Even to the point of dragging my 'online nervous' coward behind online against randoms.
    SP content (Libra of Souls) is quite nice, even if in the beginning it feels repetitive to the point of almost ditching that part. Sure there are a few mechanics that will not, in their current
    Wonderful to see the series hit the PC for the first time (legally).

Sure there are a few mechanics that will not, in their current state, be remembered kindly.
    The 'Reversal Edge' isn't only rock, paper scissors, if it goes to the second round and you know what the opponent gain most from, and counter it at the risk of taking some damage, but not leave the screen for a ring-out like a rocket.

At the same time the RE's disrupting the flow of the game, as it's an unnecessary slow-motion, with almost cinematic ending if you forgot to pick the right counter.
    And by cinematic I don't mean in a good way, you just have to sit for 5+ seconds watching the animation ply through, even as you both know the result of it.
    They also give to much meter not to use at times, so playing without using them gives you a disadvantage if opponent makes good use of them.

The 'Soul Charge' are.. nice, but the 'Critical Edge' supers have the same problem as the RE's.
    They just disrupt the flow of the game.. and seeing them all a few hundred times already just makes you want it to go away, or play it in real time, without 'cinematic angle'.

Yes, a super usually hurt, but it don't have to hurt the 'game flow' as well!
    So two of the major added game mechanics actually hinder the flow of the game to a screeching halt.

Still I rate this as a 9?!?
    Yes I loved the series since 1999, and this is one of the best.. if they just did slight adjustments to the 2 main stoppers of 'the flow'

My GOTY 2018 even with my added complaints.
  9. Nov 20, 2018
    By no means I'm an expert to fighting games but I usually finish all the story modes and play casually in the couch with friends. It must have been more than 10 years since I had this amount of fun with a fighting game, and all because of the masterpiece level character creation tool.

By no means the core gameplay is boring, it's very good in fact with but lacks some of the satisfying sensation of the earlier entries, somehow I feel not as good when my hits connect. I'm not impressed nor dissatisfied by the mechanics, as I'm not a competitive player I can't really evaluate that aspects.

As you may have gotten used to more flashy games such as Arc Systems', SC VI may feel a little bit plain, but try it regardless. I get that high res 2D hand made sprites are appealing but that would make it impossible for the best feature ever implemented on a fighting game to exist in the first play so I'm ok with the slighly less beautiful art-style.

I lack the verbal prowess to convey the stupendous, prodigious, mind-blogging, formidable, inordinate, nipple-erecting, experience that is creating whatever abomination you decide on the character creation screen and then fighting against hordes of crossover human made fighters online. There has never been such a functional yet creatively resourceful custom character tool on a fighting game, and I dare to say that even having not tried all of them, that's the commitment of my appreciation for this addition to the game.

If there's any developers, producers or designers of fighting games reading this, please know that THE CHARACTER CREATION TOOL IS NOW A GOD DAMN STANDARD AND YOU BETTER GET USED TO ADDING IT TO YOUR FUTURE GAMES AS OUR SPECIES DESERVES AND WILL ACCEPT NO LESS FROM NOW ON. DISREGARD OF THAT SENTIMENT WILL BE INTERPRETED AS A SIGN OF PURE DISRESPECT AND HATRED TOWARDS YOUR AUDIENCE AND SHALL BE SCORED ACCORDINGLY, NO EXCEPTION. That's it.
  10. Nov 16, 2018
    impossible to create character with the keyboard. keys in menus aren't rebindable, only (thank god for that) keys for fighting... weird choice. when will you japanese developers learn how to program a user interface for PC users too? I wanted to create my character and I can't due to controls, this is unacceptable.

other than that is a good game.
  11. Oct 21, 2018
    It's cute that other reviews are saying, that the game has nothing new to offer, then telling you, that you're still playing the same SC game and yet rating it with 79 out of 100 etc.
    This SC part's strong side is a combat.
    Story is short(can beat it in 3 hours) and lazy done with a 1-2 cutscenes and a lot of static images and voice overs. Character creation lucks a lot of content to
    This SC part's strong side is a combat.
    Character creation lucks a lot of content to use in order to customize your own character.
    Libra of Soul mode is lame and gives you nothing to use on your created character outside of this mode, yep you have to create a new character in a Libra of Soul mode instead of using your already created one.
    OST is lame except the Witcher 3 one track.
    And rapidatly you can get a failed to initialize steam api error, when you're launching a game, ofc you can fix it with a steam restart, but it's a problem aswell.
    So that's pretty much it for a 60$ price tag with a locked original SC character TIRA behind a season pass.
    It's 1 out of 10, just for a mostly smooth and good combat, cuz everything else was made poor, lazy, boring. There is nothing for you to do, rather then grinding a skill against an AI or a real people online.
  12. Oct 24, 2018
    Rock-Paper-Scissors QTE in Soulcalibur! Not. A. Good. Idea. Thanks, but NO.
    OST is meh. Graphics are not bad, but not great
  13. Nov 4, 2018
    Now don't bite in th excuse this is a budget game that was made only due to fan requests and if it doesn t sell well will be the last. SAME excuse was used since SCII and became stale already. Back to the game for the price of an AAA game you get a beta release with bad graphic and an expensive season pass to get the full cast. Welll we are really Beyond EA level at this point but this isNow don't bite in th excuse this is a budget game that was made only due to fan requests and if it doesn t sell well will be the last. SAME excuse was used since SCII and became stale already. Back to the game for the price of an AAA game you get a beta release with bad graphic and an expensive season pass to get the full cast. Welll we are really Beyond EA level at this point but this is not even the worst.

As a SC veteran after just a couple of weeks its clear how they even failed miserably in the game mechanics:
    This game has so many broken things i don t even know where to start from.
    And i am not talking about OP characters, but even worse.
    It will sould a little technical but a couple of example:
    A stance double cancel that gives you 6 frame advantage from a 10 frame mid move.... (Raph WRBB46)
    A Reversal edge cancel that lets you forfeit the risk (Talim stance cancel).
    An invisible techtrap that kills you once you touch the ground (voldo).
    Guard impacts that lasts seconds....

And moreover insane damage to make it even more scrubby (2-3 hits decide amatch)

Come on....its clear now how namco releases a low budget soulcalibur eachtime is in need of moneys for Tekken...

2 weeks and the game is almost dead already...

Stay as far as you can from this "thing"
  14. Nov 19, 2018
    Full broken ranked system, full broken balance.
    1 game mode.
    Useless, retarded rooms.

Console shame on pc.
  15. Oct 26, 2018
    I stopped playing Soul Calibur series after the 3rd installment. Hard to say what's stuff overdone already.
    PROS
    -It's so flashy, like a lot of visual effects from powers and specials. - Sophitia look so nice.(have to repeat I din't play this series for quite a while). - A company comes over common sense and include arcade mode from the begining. Finally. - Besides Sophitia, other
    PROS
    -It's so flashy, like a lot of visual effects from powers and specials.
    - Besides Sophitia, other classic characters are back.
    - Sophitia Super special is brilliant, not mean to pun.lol
    - Beating some opponent with Taki in Soul Charge shows a cool efect in her body. Really awesome.
    - Geralt Of Rivia is the boss in arcade. Nice to see Geralt.
    - Seems like an interesting battle system.
    -Counter super powers with animations as well like the specials.
    And very sadly , sigh, the CONS:
    - Outdated graphics with very compresed textures. Game's weight is like 11 GB.
    - Unsettling/bizarre situations detroying some male oponents clothes. Mainly mosters.
    -Groh, generic, doesn't look like is from this game, boring, seem forced into the series.
    -For those into customization , items scarce and very obvious aproach of future DLC and aditional content.So expect expensive fines ahead for a deeper experience. Wait for a more complete edition somewhere in the future.
    - Only one type of suit with only 2 colors for each character.
    - Small repertoire of characters.
    -Double amount of male characters than female ones, felts like misogyny.
    - History seems boring.
    -After so many years, not even close to the SC 1 and 2 masterpieces yet.
    - There's a learning curve about the playing system.
    - No endurance, it seems.
    - Not all super specials are all that impresive.
    - One character never appears at all in arcade. Gro always appear in the same stage like 4, taking into account how few characters are in this game it's plain absurd and Geralt is always in the final stage in arcade.
    At first glance this game is worthy. These characters doing super specials and so is nice looking at.Add a nice character and seems like take my money already. If you're familiar with some previous games , getting along into the battle system could lead to a better gameplay experience and not just smashing buttons.
    Analizing the CONS: Sadly the game shows more flaws than quality doing a further inspection. The graphics are outdated. Was very unfortunate to look at Ivy's body closer. (T_T) Model texture seems old and cheesy.On the forest stage is very evident. Very compresed textures. On other case is Tira's animation after winning. Looking at his hands.This is a no no. Looks like these japanese companies are focusing more in the mobile market, Nintendo's portables and for cheap laptops as well to be supported. So it gives the impresion that these games are more for those systems, for casuals. Thumbs down.
    Now thing are getting worse. Taking about the bizarre situation...You can destroy dressing pieces of your oponents. It can get pretty bizarre, depending of your opponent. Battle a girl is a complete differente history. From ok to dissapointing. There's not much to destroy unfortunately, besides how few female characters are in the game. Battle a male and completely destroy their clothes and it begins to get odd for some point degree, then battle a stupid monster and WHAT THE...??? Well it's confusing enough destroying the clothing of some males until they are in loin cloth like Mitsurugi. Besides the poor character design. In fact he depiction only in loincloth and his body texture design is pretty clumsy to say something.
    There´s only one female that can get in almost only underwear, after clothes destroyed. I think, is Seong Mina like in a so so bikini suit. After that is pretty lame what you can see for the rest of female characters, like Sophitia. You can only destroy partially, just some of her strings. Looks like her skirt isn't destroyable at all. And very midly for the rest. Evidently this team is not really interested in depicting women in whatever situation. About the frigging monsters and some males, is quite the opposite of the females, you can destroy very much of these. It's as charming as imaging Herman Munster in underwear. What is worst is that some of these stupid monsters/males wearing a codpiece that is a more vulgar version of a loincloth , pretty antique, obscure, bad taste and no longer in use. If you are skeptic, check out the character drawings. It´s not quite evident but here it is.
    Pretty gross. Crazy as *! What the heck is going on with this all stupid companies wanting to be DOA, Senran Kagura but doing everything wrong , crazy and cheesy ?????? I mean, really??? Definitively I'm playing this game with nobody locally , less online. So at final conclusion, I don't recommend it.
  16. Dec 10, 2018
    I've spent over 60h on SC6, it is a very enjoyable game. Everything I would ever want from a new SC ... BUT ... there are severe balancing issues, with certain characters having outright exploits, especially in laggy situations. If you get into higher level online, the amount of cheese on display is jaw dropping. You have to play dirty, and this ruins the game for me. There is literally noI've spent over 60h on SC6, it is a very enjoyable game. Everything I would ever want from a new SC ... BUT ... there are severe balancing issues, with certain characters having outright exploits, especially in laggy situations. If you get into higher level online, the amount of cheese on display is jaw dropping. You have to play dirty, and this ruins the game for me. There is literally no point playing more technical characters like Taki, Yoshimitsu or even Mitsurugi. You will get owned by every Azwel, Ivy, Nightmare or Kilik player.

But that is not the biggest issue here, the biggest issue is that the core mechanics DO NOT WORK AS EXPECTED, when pushed to the limit. The amount of times I've been grabbed mid strike (which should never happen btw), the amount of times I've tried a grab in a pretty guaranteed situation, only for that grab to whiff etc. is staggering. It's hard to play 30 min of online without at least a few WTF moments.

It is really unfortunate, because otherwise the game would be stellar. I've initially given it a glowing review on Steam. Unfortunately once you get into the high level online, serious cracks begin to show. To a point where I really want to play it, but it's just too frustrating to be faced with the issues.

Shame, hope Namco will patch it up.
  17. Oct 31, 2021
    Cenário com detalhes que possuem pouca beleza, e também há poucos personagens.
  18. Mar 3, 2019
    It's fun to play, this is a new Soul Calibur so it has new mechanics to play, you've to understand your attack range but what's really important is to understand how to defend, this is something characteristic of the series and it's really enjoyable, I've played all the saga since Soul Edge.

I've been playing it for more than 202 hours now and only tried 2 characters, It'd take forever see what I can do with the others characters, my best wins in a row on-line was 31 and I also enjoy the CAS (Create A Soul) option, it improve in every SC release.

This game simply isn't like others, there's no similar fighting game like this, and if you want to try this game I've a tip for you, don't expend your time looking how to attack, expend it practicing how to defend, that's the fun to me.
  19. Dec 6, 2018
    Well the game is good but it has some confusing controls while making your own character.
  20. Apr 29, 2019
    Amazing game, its fun and competitive, have a nice amount of single player content.
  21. May 5, 2019
    The best entry in the series since SC2 gameplay wise. Somewhat lacking in the single player department (although I found Libra of Souls to be quite good) and the graphics are nothing more than allright, but that doesn't really matter much when playing with your friends or online is so enjoyable.
  22. Feb 12, 2020
    I have not played many fighting games but out of the ones I have played SOULCALIBUR VI has been the best.

The game for sure is not without it's faults, most notably the shotty net code that drops games a lot, the large amounts of DLC, the matchmaking never matching you with someone of equal skill, and the main menus being ify at best. The game certainly has some flaws but for as far

The game certainly has some flaws but for as far as fighting games go the combat is quite fun, very very hard to master like most fighting games, but still fun for both people that have mastered it and those who have not. (as long as you're not new and placed against someone who has mastered it which will happen)
  23. Mar 21, 2020
    Game is nicely balanced and can sometimes look nice, but its flaws are massive making it one of the worst SC games. Roaster is massively castrated compared to previous games, with cancerous very expensive season pass DLC policy, including day one. If you want to unlock old characters from previous games you have to pay for it again. Game has low budget as you can see from graphical assetsGame is nicely balanced and can sometimes look nice, but its flaws are massive making it one of the worst SC games. Roaster is massively castrated compared to previous games, with cancerous very expensive season pass DLC policy, including day one. If you want to unlock old characters from previous games you have to pay for it again. Game has low budget as you can see from graphical assets but Namco is still greedy and currently demands over 90$ if you want complete game that still is not a pair with SC2 or 3 content. Basically if you don't pay for DLC characters you have fewer chances to being good in ranked matches, because you will be unable to know their moves. At least for buying "deluxe" edition Namco could give complete game, not demanding money for another DLC. Stages are also very few and mostly look poor and uninspired, loading times take far too long and reversal edge mechanic is completely unnecessary, it slows and dumb down gameplay. Online on PC is basically dead. I wouldn't be so harsh and give such low rating but I'm pissed over DLC policy, this needs to stop. Expand
  24. Mar 29, 2022
    Cara, Soul Calibur sempre foi meu jogo de luta preferido, mas o que fizeram com o seis é um crime.
    A jogatina é ótima, mas o resto é uma merda. Modo arcade sem zeramento! Onde já se viu uma porra dessa! No nível lendário vc vai lutar SEMPRE contra os mesmos oito personagens. SEMPRE! Isso em um jogo que tem quase trinta personagens! Rapaiz, como que o jhêniu que teve essa idéia ainda trabalha na Namco?! O modo história e o libra of souls eu ignorei completamente. É uma bela merda. O modo de criação é meio travado. Vc percebe que não usaram muitos poligonos pra criar os persongens, pois consegue observar muitas partes angulosas nos braços e pernas; o que dá a impressão que fizeram o jogo na pressa. Cara, esse jogo tinha potencial para ser o mais épico soul caibur da história, em vez disso, fazem o jogo na pressa e cheio de caralho de DLC. Tem dia que eu rezo para que essas empresas vão todas à falência.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 2, 2018
    SoulCalibur 6 joins Injustice 2 on the front line of modern arcade fighting games. I hope the amazing character editor will only increase its popularity over time.
    No stuttering, no frame drops, no crashes: SOULCALIBUR VI is rather polished. The story modes are intriguing, and Libra of Soul is likely to hold your interest through its entirety. Perhaps even beyond that, especially if you enjoy RPG elements added to a fighting game. A release to check out, for sure.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Nov 21, 2018
    Soulcalibur had always been relatively accessible fighting series, and now it is even more so: certain moves that previously required multiple button presses are now relegated to shoulder buttons. Still, it doesn’t oversimplify combat, as inertia from miscalculated strike still can drag you out of area boundaries, causing an instant loss. [Issue #233, p.66]