- Publisher: Merscom LLC
- Release Date: Nov 9, 2004
- Summary: Challenging ? but not too complex ? gameplay and high caliber effects are accessible to all gamers yet engaging enough for even the most experienced players. Blaze through enemy fleets and turrets around massive spaceships, tumbling asteroid fields and snaking planetside canyons. Shadows andChallenging ? but not too complex ? gameplay and high caliber effects are accessible to all gamers yet engaging enough for even the most experienced players. Blaze through enemy fleets and turrets around massive spaceships, tumbling asteroid fields and snaking planetside canyons. Shadows and lights dance through the galaxy in real-time as your ship darts between guns, missiles and explosions, all of which create their own light source. Your wingmen take care of themselves and will actually assist you in missions, requiring no input. The weapons system -- with Ship-to-Ship missiles, Ship-to-Ground missiles, photon torpedoes, and a plasma glob launcher in addition to the primary lasers, all on the ship simultaneously ? is enough to satisfy any gun nut. Particularly entertaining is how every explosion in the game blows up magnificently, with columns of light racing into the sky as energy pierces through spectrums. [Merscom]… Expand
- Developer: City Interactive
- Genre(s): Simulation, Sci-Fi, Space, Large Spaceship, Large Spaceship, Combat, Civilian
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 5 out of 12
Mixed: 7 out of 12
Negative: 0 out of 12
If you are looking for an outstanding visual and visceral action experience then you haven’t seen or played anything this cool since that old "Incoming" game from a few years ago.
The graphics in Space Interceptor are what make this game worth looking at as they are really great looking! If you have a powerful enough PC you will be surprised to see how great this game looks for being just a budget title.
As long as you treat it like the no-frills budget game that it is, there is plenty to enjoy here.
There’s no space to explore, multiplayer option, ship customization, mission ratings … and not much to motivate you to go back and replay completed missions. So here we get to the question you have to ask yourself – do 21 missions of straightforward space shooting make the game worth the money to you?
Cheat Code CentralAn old-school, space shooter that was designed to entertain. Developers City Interactive has done its homework to produce a no-frills game that is literally guaranteed to be fun.
PC GamerA fun diversion if you want mindless space action. But I guarantee you'll have a better time with a bargain-bin copy of "FreeSpace 2" or "Freelancer." [Feb 2005, p.64]
No replay value at all. The sounds are boring, the action is nothing new and once, you learn how to fly the ship, the challenge is gone.
Positive: 2 out of 3
Mixed: 0 out of 3
Negative: 1 out of 3
Sep 3, 2015Played it as a kid, still got it in box. It was great back then, and I still find it very good. And what a surprise it was when I found out itPlayed it as a kid, still got it in box. It was great back then, and I still find it very good. And what a surprise it was when I found out it was produced by devs from my country!… Expand
Aug 20, 2013Nephew bought this game, saw if I could get it to work, played it, was actually pretty surprised.
Here's the instructions that allowed me toNephew bought this game, saw if I could get it to work, played it, was actually pretty surprised.
Here's the instructions that allowed me to get the game to work on win7:
Go to the HKCUSoftwareCity InteractiveProject FreedomV4D Direct3D Renderer.
There, you can find Width and Height. Double click on it, and change the value to Decimal. Put your desired resolution, and the game will be applied with your custom resolution next time when you execute the game.
2. Create a shortcut of the exe and add -skipmovies to the end of the target.
This game has good graphics (it actually feels like your flying in space close to a huge planet while dodging some asteroids), relatively good voice acting and the gameplay/control of the ship is great.
It actually has a first person view, which is extremely rare for this type of game, and you can even roll 360 degrees. Think decent/homeworld/freelancer with just pure action.
Maybe this game just got released at the wrong time, was overshadowed by other games etc.
But this is a pretty decent action packed game that more than decent, it's so simple yet so fun and kinda challenging too.… Expand
Mar 8, 2021Ce vieux machin encore assez joli ressemble à de la baston dans l’espace mais pas seulement : les combats se déroulent aussi à la surface deCe vieux machin encore assez joli ressemble à de la baston dans l’espace mais pas seulement : les combats se déroulent aussi à la surface de planètes plus ou moins variées… à dire vrai, les Wing Commander 3 et 4 ont proposé en leur temps quelques missions au sol mais ce n’était pas franchement très intéressant…
Car en effet, l’espace (infini…) et les vaisseaux, c’est surtout dans l’espace que ça se passe, pas sur les planètes ou alors, on est carrément dans d’autres styles de jeu ! (FPS, TPS, stratégie, jeu de rôle etc, etc). Or Project machintruc là, il propose surtout des conneries par terre rapidement répétitives…
En outre, s’il se prend vite en main (tout se joue à la souris et un peu au clavier, c’est toujours bizarre pour de la baston sidérale) il s’avère extrêmement arcade, (très) désagréablement arcade ! la musique électro d’ascenseur peut en témoigner, tout comme les bruitages avec bien trop de « pious-pious »… assez ridicules, il faut bien le dire.
On doit faire des cabrioles et des loopings lorsqu’on se bastonne à la surface afin d’éviter tout ce qui nous tire dessus (c’est-à-dire « tout ») ce qui rend le jeu confus et peu maniable, bordélique et très bête. En bref, une daube de plus à accrocher à mon tableau de chasse !… Expand