5.6

1. Apr 26, 2011
    I got this game a while ago on Steam and it looked really awesome. The game actually plays pretty well and it runs smoothly. The reason I'm giving it such a low score is that the developer, FlashCube, said that they were adding more levels and new content and then just vanished. The site's not even there anymore. So the game is great aside from the fact that there aren't very many levelsI got this game a while ago on Steam and it looked really awesome. The game actually plays pretty well and it runs smoothly. The reason I'm giving it such a low score is that the developer, FlashCube, said that they were adding more levels and new content and then just vanished. The site's not even there anymore. So the game is great aside from the fact that there aren't very many levels and I'm pretty sure someone hacked the leaderboards. All that being said, it's still a pretty good game. Expand
  2. Jan 5, 2013
    A decent little game. I bought it for $1.25 during a Steam Sale so overall it was a good purchase. Completed it in 2.5hr though, was expecting more levels (seeing as the version I bought was called "extended" edition), but oh well. I had a good time, however the last level was almost impossible for me because of the glitches (had to restart the level entirely numerous times), some movingA decent little game. I bought it for $1.25 during a Steam Sale so overall it was a good purchase. Completed it in 2.5hr though, was expecting more levels (seeing as the version I bought was called "extended" edition), but oh well. I had a good time, however the last level was almost impossible for me because of the glitches (had to restart the level entirely numerous times), some moving platforms that previously took me to where I needed to go just slowly descended the second time around, and even went through other props and tracks (just clipped right through them). A teleporter was also glitched and wouldn't work (and it was activated). So because of the glitches and bugs I had to take 2 points off, and the shortness was another 1 point off. And the last point I took off was because of the poor level design, it was just: go find this button, open the door, go through. Go find this button, turn the gravity plate on, go up. Go find this button, drop the bridge, go over. I think you get the idea. Expand
  3. Aug 29, 2013
    Spectraball has been criticized pretty harshly on here, and I think it's a little misguiding. It's a solid marble platformer, and if that's something you like you'll almost definitely enjoy it.
  4. Oct 28, 2015
    A simplistic marble platformer game, Spectraball is nothing if not inoffensive. The graphics are rather crude - while the actual ball itself looks nice enough, everything else in the levels looks like something from the PS2 era, with crude models and low-res textures being the rule rather than the exception. There was very little to excite in this game...

Yet, I don't really feel like

Yet, I don't really feel like it was a total waste of my time. It was reasonably challenging and it had okay levels. They were pretty ugly, but the actual platforming challenges in them were mostly fairly decent. The fact that you were a marble meant that bouncing off of stuff was dangerous, and there were a number of momentum-based puzzles and ramp-based puzzles to satisfy your urge to do those things.

But on the whole the game was utterly unremarkable. There are seven levels in the game, and chances are you’ll beat the whole game in about 2 hours, working out to a bit north of 10 minutes per level. This means that you’re not getting a whole bunch of gameplay for your buck – but on the other hand, the game is so simplistic you probably wouldn’t really want it to be any longer, as it would wear out its welcome.

All in all, the game is a competent platformer. And this is somewhat surprising, as making a competent 3D platformer is surprisingly difficult. Still, this isn’t anything special, and it certainly isn’t GOOD – more okay. The graphics are poor, there is no real story or anything else, no real motive – all there is are the levels and the question of whether or not you can clear them all.
  5. Jan 16, 2013
    It's Marble Madness, in pretty 3d.

Not enough to really bring back that nostalgia, but it's still more than worthwhile for the price point. Little to lose if you don't like it.

There are no critic reviews yet.