3.8

1. Jan 20, 2013
    My god this is awful. I remember i was playing this just because i didn't have anything to play! Only thing that keeps it from absolute 0 for me is a Mysterio part, but only because i like idea of this, you know, wrecked apart city that floats in the sky. Other than that, it's one of the worst games ever made.
  2. JohnD.
    Jun 30, 2004
    The game for pc sucks. I have never seen a sh... like this. You don't do the cool stuff in the pc version as in the versions for other platforms. I was really mad. The guys that created this game just lied to the fans who bought the pc version.
  3. MattM.
    Jul 9, 2004
    Ugh..... thats all i can say.
  4. JeffR.
    Jul 1, 2004
    Its not the same game as the XBOX/PS2 versions. This one is crap, thank heaven I got my money back. This game is not worth a longer comment then this, so I will end here now, because this is time you will never get back, reading on such a horrible chopped up kiddie version of a game.
  5. Chris
    Jul 10, 2004
    God. This is a great argument for try-before-you-buy (i.e. warezing) games. What a load of crap.
  6. Jbb
    Crap!
  7. SidneyW.
    Jul 2, 2004
    This game is a travesty. Poor play, poor graphics and a poor interface. We need to do more than just complain. We to let activision and Kellogg (makers of Cheez-its) know that we won't tolerate this kind of product. I highly recommend buying the game and then immediately returning and demanding a complete refund.
  8. ZanM.
    Jul 3, 2004
    Anyone who buys this game will be very sad afterwards... I beat this crappy ****ING game in one hour, ten minutes.... lol... what a joke. Compared to the console releases, it really is like some idiotic prank that activision decided to play. IDIOTS!
  9. KelseaJ.
    Jul 4, 2004
    I would be willing to burn this game for the same amount of money i got it for! There is nothing similar to the console versions, except the title!
  10. MacDaddy
    Aug 6, 2004
    This game is a bit poor on the PC, but if you have an XBOX then get it on that. Its way better on the XBOX, I actually really like the game. I love to swing round the city really fast. On the XBOX I give it an 8. The game is still a little short.
  11. SamG.
    Jun 30, 2004
    After witnessing the deluge of advertising (including the "Making the Game" special on MTV) and seemingly universal critical praise for the console version of the game, I purchased the PC version expecting to play the same thing. It's not. The graphics are horrible (the Unreal engine is capable of ten times more; yet half the cutscenes are prerendered anyway by what seems to be an After witnessing the deluge of advertising (including the "Making the Game" special on MTV) and seemingly universal critical praise for the console version of the game, I purchased the PC version expecting to play the same thing. It's not. The graphics are horrible (the Unreal engine is capable of ten times more; yet half the cutscenes are prerendered anyway by what seems to be an old, half-broken Nintendo 64), the same five enemy characters are re-used ad nauseam (and use the same taunt dialogue again and again), and the controls are non-standard and generally annoyingly difficult to use. Most of all, the free-roaming environments and non-linear gaming so touted in the promotional materials _are not part of this game._ Even though the structure of the PC version seems designed for a console ("save points" instead of save-anywhere design; only one game can be saved at a time) it lacks any of the special features advertised for the console versions. The Unreal engine can blow away even the Xbox's best efforts, and it's a shame that its power wasn't harnessed. The biggest shame, however, is that Activision has duped gamers into purchasing a totally linear, almost thoroughly unenjoyable product that is wholly different from the one that has been advertised excessively in the past weeks. I feel disappointed and cheated, and I hope I can get my money back. :-P Expand
  12. Obi
    Jul 10, 2004
    Well what can I say about this game. Buy it for your 3 year old! It should have had a maximum age limit of 7 not minimum! Very disappointed its not the console version. Activision what were you thinking of :( Took it straight back to HMV following day after completing it in six hours.
  13. BobBobo
    Jul 2, 2004
    Dont waste your money on this, if there was anything below a 0 this game would be recieving it, I sure hope they port the console version to pc soon.. or else all pc users will hate activison..
  14. NickG.
    Jul 2, 2004
    Deserves a -1000, crappiest game ever, I dont think even a 6 year old would find this game amusing or fun in any way.
  15. RossC
    Jul 2, 2004
    Thank god I got this piece with bit torrent instead of buying it. I beat it in about three hours and was wondering why they had made the second game suck so much more than the first one until I figured out that this is just a hacked up and ugly version of the console game I've heard so much about. It's good to know I'm not on crazy pills after all, and that Spider-Man 2 Thank god I got this piece with bit torrent instead of buying it. I beat it in about three hours and was wondering why they had made the second game suck so much more than the first one until I figured out that this is just a hacked up and ugly version of the console game I've heard so much about. It's good to know I'm not on crazy pills after all, and that Spider-Man 2 really is just an insultingly shoddy piece of garbage that deserves to be recalled with 150% payback to all you poor suckers who actually paid for it. Expand
  16. JaudaK.
    Jul 22, 2004
    Jeez... Even the first spider-man game based on the movie was better than this! Why couldn't the pc-gamers get the same version as the console gamers? Crap.
  17. Bakula
    Jul 5, 2004
    Uggh, this one time i was holding a my cousin's baby and it threw up on me, this game was just a little bit worse then that.
    Aug 14, 2004
    Terrible. The only good part was the amusing voice-over in the tutorial.
  19. PaulB.
    Jul 1, 2004
    What a piece of S..T. The makers of this should be ashamed of themselves. They should also be sued for false advertizing.
  20. Mark
    Jul 10, 2004
    No, no and no! I downloaded demo and what I get? Crap. Okey, this game is for the kids, but I think this game is too easy for kids. Luckily, I have Xbox and I buy Spider-Man 2 for Xbox.
  21. StefanosS.
    Jul 3, 2004
    What a piece of junk. I mean, really, why did they even bother releasing it? I'm sure that even publishers Activision are aware that this game is crap. I'm furious because I'm tricked. I bought this game after readinga review of the console version. I was ripped.
  22. Zack
    Jul 3, 2004
    What the hell? i buy this game.. and find out its crap.. why the hell didn't activision have anything about the game being crap on their site? this is false advertisment.. i emailed activision, i want my money back.
  23. Spidermanfan
    Jul 4, 2004
    God i hate this game,good thing i downloaded the demo because the game was crap.i mean the first game was better than this one. Why do the pc gamers get the worst game and console gamers get the better games. is it because people hate bill gates? i mean alien vs predator extinction was an rts but it didnt come out for the pc only on the console. any ways this game was crap. P.S This game God i hate this game,good thing i downloaded the demo because the game was crap.i mean the first game was better than this one. Why do the pc gamers get the worst game and console gamers get the better games. is it because people hate bill gates? i mean alien vs predator extinction was an rts but it didnt come out for the pc only on the console. any ways this game was crap. P.S This game was crap. Expand
  24. J.S.
    Jul 7, 2004
    Activision. I'll say that again; ACTIVISION. Remeber the name ladies and gentleman. That is the company that made a superb game on console then proceeded rip out everything that was good about it and release it to the PC community. Without mentioning it was a 'different' version. I always thought it was the console owners which developers and distributers treated with Activision. I'll say that again; ACTIVISION. Remeber the name ladies and gentleman. That is the company that made a superb game on console then proceeded rip out everything that was good about it and release it to the PC community. Without mentioning it was a 'different' version. I always thought it was the console owners which developers and distributers treated with distain? PC users are people with long memories and short fuses and I for one won't be forgetting this slap in the face from Activision. Stand alone, this game merits a 2 or 3. Given that I can only think they released this castrated, shadow of a game to extract money from the PC market, for the first time I find myself genuinely upset that the MC rating system does not have negatives. Ludicrously abhorrent. Expand
  25. Batman
    Aug 6, 2004
    It isnt a port its a completely different game...if it were a port it would be the best version.
  26. WilliamT.
    Nov 11, 2007
    An insult to the franchise. The graphics are cartoony (the enemies guns apparently shoot big purple blobs at a quarter of the bullet speed), the web-slinging limited to icons in the sky and the gameplay is laughable. Just don't buy this.
  27. KarlB.
    Jul 13, 2004
    I hope the better business bureu reads these threads. this game is false advertising. this game is utter garbage.
  28. LeandroO.
    Jul 23, 2004
    What the hell is going on with Activision? Why they put in the game trailer those magnificent images and in the final a PC CDROM logo? How can they have courage to charge that thing they called official game of the movie, I spent almost a month looking for this game, and I WANT MY MONEY BACK.
  29. JWCrankz0r
    Jul 31, 2004
    The best example console to PC ports can turn up a pile of crap.
  30. CharlieW.
    Nov 13, 2005
    Horrific. I was very excited when I bought this game. I was 11 or 12 at the time... not exactly sure. And even then, I knew this game was total crap. I couldn't even get past the 3rd level... I was way too bored with it already. A sad excuse for a game. The only redeeming quality is the amusing voice-over for the tutorial
  31. LucasM.
    Mar 22, 2008
    this game is total garbage, it would be more entertaining to shit on the cd and set it on fire. i mean this game totally sucks, swing icons! oh my dear god what an idiot would do something like that. i was sooo dissapointed about this game activision sucked balls this time.(sorry for cursing)
  32. Sep 19, 2015
    Spider-Man 2 on PS2 is common and easy to find. BUY THAT GAME!!!!! NOT THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goddamn, this game. The "innovative" web-slinging is AWFUL!!! I understand this game was dumbed down, but, why? Spider-Man 2 on PS2, Xbox, and GameCube is way better and this game is unfair. DO NOT BUY IT!!!! You can get a pre-owned PS2 and Spider-Man 2 for $50. SCREW THIS

Goddamn, this game. The "innovative" web-slinging is AWFUL!!!

SCREW THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  33. Aug 13, 2017
    Terrible Console Port to PC
    -Bad Story
    -Pointless collectibles. -Repetitive generic enemies littered everywhere. -Enemies poop out health drops when defeated. -Terrible Boss fights. You have to guess when the game decides they aren't invincible. -Main actions such as jump or attack seem to only work when they want to. There should have been separate buttons for physical attacking
    Terrible Console Port to PC
    -Bad Story
    -Pointless collectibles.
    -Repetitive generic enemies littered everywhere.
    -Enemies poop out health drops when defeated.
    -Main actions such as jump or attack seem to only work when they want to.
    There should have been separate buttons for physical attacking and web shooting.
    -No button mapping or any options for that matter, other than sound. (screams console port)
    -Superman 64 Hoop Trials
    -Invisible Walls/Ceilings
    *-Bad game design: Requiring a web icon to swing.

Do not buy this game for PC!
  34. Nov 9, 2018
    I played this a lot when I was younger, a childhood favorite you can say but that doesn't excuse the fact that this game is awful, the only thing fun about the combat in the dodge system but it's not as good as the dodge in the console versions, not to mention it is really buggy.
  35. Dec 2, 2017
    The **** What the **** is this game??? This is..... i don't know, this game is so terrible. And you know what is the worst part? When i was young i really like it.....no i didn't but i didn't hated this game too. But now I'm little older and see how terrible this **** is. Whatever you do, don't touch this trash.
  36. Oct 10, 2020
    I remember having a lot of fun in the game's demo and being straight out scared of the Rhino, but the complete game is barely two hours long and it's not that compelling.
  37. Nov 18, 2019
    Retarded version of the one that came out on PS2.... Only kids should play this game...
    The major complain is that I didn't even finish this game because of some ridiculous bugs XD
  38. Nov 29, 2019
    THESE GAME JUST SUcKS!!!
    THESE GAME JUST SUcKS!!!
  39. r_p
    Mar 17, 2020
    This game is just garbage compared to the console port. the combat is just trash. the story is stupid and doesn't make any sense in any way. you can't roam around the city and the city is just lifeless. a.i is stupid. there is no challenge in any way and its merely 3-4 hours long. this game is awful compared to the ps2 port.
  40. Sep 5, 2020
    По непонятным причинам разработчики решили немного извратиться. Они сразу заявили, что PC-версия игры будет в корне отличаться от приставочной версии. От себя добавим: далеко не в лучшую сторону. Как сказали, так и сделали. А зачем - неизвестно. Потому как не понять нашему человеку мелкую темную и жутко жадную капиталистическую душу.
    Минусы:
    - самый большой недостаток игры - геймплей.
    Минусы:
    - самый большой недостаток игры - геймплей. Всё упрощено до предела, как будто игру разрабатывали специально для детей, никогда не игравших в компьютерные игры. Скучное лазанье по стенам и утомительные драки до самого финального ролика. Широко разрекламированная фишка Spider Scenes - цирк: на секунду появляется расплывчатое видение надвигающейся опасности, после чего нужно нажать кнопку прыжка, и герой ловко вывернется из переделки. Про комбосы я вообще молчу. В Hulk или Wolverine's Revenge всё было сделано на несколько порядков лучше.
    - излишне упрощенная графика. Одноообразные пейзажи, нечеткие текстуры на зданиях, а если хорошо присмотреться, то можно заметить еще и повторяющиеся элементы фона на заднем плане. Поголовно всем моделям в игре не хватает полигонов, а взрывы и огонь выглядят просто удручающе.
    - управление также упрощено до безобразия, и с одной стороны, это хорошо и почти удобно, а с другой - список доступных действий очень и очень мал, что наполняет игровой процесс однотипными элементами, делая его скучным и однообразным.
    - звук в игре есть, но какой-то он невыразительный. Под гнетущим впечатлением от графики и всего остального даже вполне пристойные мелодии неприятно режут слух.
    - сюжет находится в зачаточном состоянии и представляет собой обычный набор уровней, слегка разбавленный роликами и боями с вполне стандартными для игр такого плана боссами, без разбора собранными из самых разных серий комиксов.
    Плюсы:
    - Сам Spider-man сделан на редкость хорошо - движения, ужимки, броски, прыжки и удары прилежно скопированы из мультсериала. Судя по всему, дизайнеры старались каждый в силу своих фанатских пристрастий - по-другому объяснить столь разительные отличия в качестве моделей персонажей нельзя.
    - лазая по совершенно невзрачного вида стенам из стекла и пластика, можно созерцать очень даже симпатичные отражения соседних зданий.
    - разборки с боссами хоть как-то разнообразят всю эту тягомотину, но чтобы добраться до очередного супостата, необходимо изрядно поскучать, проходя уровни, как две капли воды похожие друг на друга.
    Вместо заключения можно сказать, что выпустив Spider-man 2, Activision составили значительную конкуренцию только таким ацким играм, как «Бубка Боб» или «Пижама Сэм».
  41. Nov 19, 2020
    Çocukken oynamıştım. Yerden kalkan kaya parçaları üzerinden gökyüzünde bir yere gitmeye çalışıyorduk.

Generally unfavorable reviews - based on 13 Critic Reviews

1. PC Gamer
    The PC version is nothing more than formulaic action/adventure that's been dumbed down for kids. It's a waste of everyone's time...A colossal disappointment. [Oct 2004, p.92]
    If you've got a 7-10 year-old who enjoyed the movie, feel free to tack another star on to the score; otherwise, consider yourself warned -- this is not your father's Spider-Man 2.
  3. A dull 3D Action game in the strictest sense and besides the wall climbing or web swinging that your character can do, it doesn't bring anything new to the genre