8.6

1. David
    Dec 16, 2009
    I dont understand why people give this game a bad score. Its really fun and better than the first one. With online play, the replay value is seemingly endless. Great game for any Star Wars fan!!
  2. Jul 5, 2013
    Battlefront 2 is a great game, nice gameplay, interesting gamemodes (galactic conquest). But on my opinion, I think this was worse than the first one. In this, they removed flying vehicles in non-space levels, which I loved in the first one, also, in my opinion, the maps in the first one were better, plus, the first person in vehicles sucks now, in battlefront 1, you had a cool GUI.Battlefront 2 is a great game, nice gameplay, interesting gamemodes (galactic conquest). But on my opinion, I think this was worse than the first one. In this, they removed flying vehicles in non-space levels, which I loved in the first one, also, in my opinion, the maps in the first one were better, plus, the first person in vehicles sucks now, in battlefront 1, you had a cool GUI.

In general, it's a good game, but I think the first was better
  3. JohnH.
    Oct 1, 2006
    I love it! It's one of the best games I've ever played. I love the space battles and all of the new added places. I also like the Heros.
  4. Misa
    Dec 29, 2009
    A lot of people are actually trying to compare the original Battlefront with this sequel which I think is wrong. Yes a lot of stuff in BF2 has already been seen in the original game but still there is a lot of stuff that players now can do in BF2 and were not able to do in the original. Or do you think that playing with Darth Maul on Mustafar while the background music is pumping the A lot of people are actually trying to compare the original Battlefront with this sequel which I think is wrong. Yes a lot of stuff in BF2 has already been seen in the original game but still there is a lot of stuff that players now can do in BF2 and were not able to do in the original. Or do you think that playing with Darth Maul on Mustafar while the background music is pumping the adrenaline to the point of burst id anywhere to see in the original. Also there are huge improvements in the gameplay system and a lot of new multiplayer mods which I think are interesting enought to allow a lot of fun. Why not 10/ Because of the AI which sometimes can ruin the party :) Expand
  5. Sep 17, 2011
    the game really gives you the sense that you are part of a big war. i liked the hell out of it. the campaign mode was not that good, but it wasn't terrible either. fortunately, other modes allow for fun.
  6. Sep 17, 2011
    This is my favourite game of all time. The galactic conquest is amazing and the online is extremely fun as well. I used to have it for PS2 and bought it again for pc since it was on sale on steam, you can play it in 3rd or 1st person and I have to say I prefer 1st person because I am slightly better at it than 3rd person. The game play is amazing and there is much fun too be had.
  7. Mar 6, 2012
    A lot of games get bad when they get old, graphic's move on, Story line gets boring, but not battlefront! They have the best star wars multi-player I have seen in ages! the only game that could stand a chance against it would be republic commando!
  8. Dec 8, 2012
    Quite possibly one of the best Star Wars games ever made. There's no other game quite like it, with amazing space wars and heart-pounding ground battles. I've played over 500 hours and I still can't get enough of it!
  9. KobyF.
    Feb 15, 2006
    I think this game is very intense, and is worth a 10, all because its so awesome, though its hard.
  10. Apr 9, 2012
    One of my favorite games of all time, this game never gets old. Exciting fast paced combat and a perfect learning curve make it a must have for any action or Star Wars fan.

Criticisms include the removal of prone position , maps that aren't as good as its predecessor, and unbalanced multiplayer.
  11. Jul 22, 2012
    This game in its self is a good game, and it does have some faults but not enough to really take away form the game play. One thing that I noticed is that people are comparing the game to the prequel and not just as a game, so they think that it should be completely different and not just better. The AI is a bit buggy but not to bad, but that is the only thing that stands out to me as IThis game in its self is a good game, and it does have some faults but not enough to really take away form the game play. One thing that I noticed is that people are comparing the game to the prequel and not just as a game, so they think that it should be completely different and not just better. The AI is a bit buggy but not to bad, but that is the only thing that stands out to me as I play the game and aren't looking for errors to go onto site like this and say it sucks. So to sum it up, great game play, decent graphics and it's just a ton of fun. Expand
  12. Sep 2, 2012
    It's a little late to write a review now but what the heck! I first played this game when it came out and i was engrossed in every way. There were so many maps and characters and ships and you could play them in any way you wanted! There were many classes too as well as heroes and game modes. I recently came back to this game full of nostalgia and i noticed that there is yet another thingIt's a little late to write a review now but what the heck! I first played this game when it came out and i was engrossed in every way. There were so many maps and characters and ships and you could play them in any way you wanted! There were many classes too as well as heroes and game modes. I recently came back to this game full of nostalgia and i noticed that there is yet another thing that makes the game so good. That is mods! Not using mods on this game is like not putting cheese in a cheeseburger! It may still be good, but you know something is missing! As i said mods add tons of new content to the game and give it a legendary aura. Try this game even now, it will be a rewarding experience! Expand
  13. Feb 13, 2013
    Thé best Starwars shooting game there is and one of the best Starwars games made.
  14. Mar 7, 2013
    THIS GAME IS AWESOME! Love the clone characters, and droids characters. I like being the Jedi! There has to be a Battlefront 3! This game has campaign, online multiplayer and galactic conquest taking over planets! EPIC GAME! Get on steam for $9.99, lots of people still play it on PC online multiplayer, its pretty fun! You can put it FIRST PERSON IN THE OPTIONS OF THE GAME!
  15. May 21, 2013
    This game was a childhood favorite of mine. Compared to when this game was created everything about it is amazing. The graphics level of a game don't actually make a game to me which is why I love this game so much. Most of the complaints I see are about graphics. True gamers tend not to care about graphics. The game had so much replayability it was basically unlimited. The game almostThis game was a childhood favorite of mine. Compared to when this game was created everything about it is amazing. The graphics level of a game don't actually make a game to me which is why I love this game so much. Most of the complaints I see are about graphics. True gamers tend not to care about graphics. The game had so much replayability it was basically unlimited. The game almost never got boring with the constant battles in space and ground wars. You were able to do so much with the game. The amount of ways to play was just ridiculous. Hero battles for those who want to see there favorite heroes and villains battle it out. Space battles for those interested in the destruction of giant space ships. The satisfaction of flying a drop-ship overhead an enemy ground force and your team getting out and flanking them. The capability to switch between first and third person as you please was also a great feature of the game so you could be comfortable no matter what your preference is. Expand
  16. May 23, 2013
    My favorite Star Wars and battlefield type game. The maps are really well made based around the the Prequels and Original trilogy. A great game for old and new Star Wars fans. Now buy.
  17. Jul 3, 2013
    Star Wars Battlefront was one of the greatest FPS games of it's time if not THE best, Star Wars fans, gamers and random family friends alike could sit and get a good few hours of enjoyment at a time from this game and then still want to go back to it the next day. Yes it's an old game now but a sequel has been in the waiting for 7 years and has finally been announced by DICE, giving fansStar Wars Battlefront was one of the greatest FPS games of it's time if not THE best, Star Wars fans, gamers and random family friends alike could sit and get a good few hours of enjoyment at a time from this game and then still want to go back to it the next day. Yes it's an old game now but a sequel has been in the waiting for 7 years and has finally been announced by DICE, giving fans every reason to relive those memories of pure awesomeness and get themselves excited for what it could be like if it was made now! A whole 2 Console Generations down the line!
    As for those who never played it then pick it up for a cheap price and see what all the fuss is about so you to can join the exciting anticipation of what could be one of gamings biggest hits!
  18. Mar 11, 2014
    Guys Seriously this is one of the best star wars game I've ever played. it gives endless replay time with the multi-player. this game is old of course, however the graphics were good at the time. you get to play as a jedi or sith!!! what could be better
  19. LukeK.
    Nov 3, 2005
    Great game delivers on many levels, fun to play single and multi player.
  20. OU812
    Dec 2, 2005
    Well I didn't buy the original so take this for what it's worth. The game is fun and I love playing the movie battlefields. It's fast and has lots of action. The bad side is it is just plain wild and a free for all. After playing Battlefield 2, this game seems silly at times. There's no real strategy or feeling of teamwork but just run around shoot the other side, die, Well I didn't buy the original so take this for what it's worth. The game is fun and I love playing the movie battlefields. It's fast and has lots of action. The bad side is it is just plain wild and a free for all. After playing Battlefield 2, this game seems silly at times. There's no real strategy or feeling of teamwork but just run around shoot the other side, die, respawn and shoot some more. The game is not a stinker of "1"...that is ridiculous. For me the game is good not great but Battlefield 2 will get more of my time (though it is damn hard sometimes) and Battlefront 2 will get my time when I just need a quick fun fix. Expand
  21. Jul 3, 2011
    Whether you're a fan of star wars, open-ended objective based gameplay, third/first person shooters or space flight sims, this game is simply bound to appeal to your tastes in more ways than one. The main attractions for me was the quite simply remarkable amount of content and replayability. You can either follow the well written narrative of the 501st Legion, aka "Vaders fist" as theyWhether you're a fan of star wars, open-ended objective based gameplay, third/first person shooters or space flight sims, this game is simply bound to appeal to your tastes in more ways than one. The main attractions for me was the quite simply remarkable amount of content and replayability. You can either follow the well written narrative of the 501st Legion, aka "Vaders fist" as they made their transition from their role as the peacekeepers of the galaxy against the separatist rebellion, to the cold, cruel enforcers of The Emperors ideals, effectively bridging the gap between Star Wars episodes III and IV. All in all the entire campaign should take most people around 5 - 7 hours. But then there's more, in Galactic Conquest mode it is possible to play as any side you like, be it CIS vs Republic or Rebel Alliance vs The Empire, battling for control of the galaxy through the use of a galaxy map interface, where you may buy buffs for your troops so that they may have the advantage in the next fight, or buying new troop classes that will give your forces more weapon variety to take down your enemies. It's also worth mentioning that in this mode it is possible to achieve an alternate ending to the star wars universe depending on whether the side your playing on wins or loses their influence over the galaxy.
    Instant action is as you would expect it, pick a planet or orbital battleground that were points of important battles throughout the movies, choose from a vast variety of gamemodes (CTF, Conquest, Jedi Assault etc) and jump right into the combat, it's possible to play maps with whichever era you prefer giving you a new insight into how the fights between factions would play out in different settings.
    In conclusion this is a VERY well rounded game, with hours upon hours of content and replayability, even in this day and age.
  22. Dec 13, 2012
    This game improves upon the things that made the first Battlefront a success and then adds some new features such as space battles and a reasonably well-done single player campaign. If you like the gameplay of Battlefield games and are a Star Wars fan, you'll probably love this game. I never played online much, but had plenty of fun fighting in epic ground battles against hundreds of NPCsThis game improves upon the things that made the first Battlefront a success and then adds some new features such as space battles and a reasonably well-done single player campaign. If you like the gameplay of Battlefield games and are a Star Wars fan, you'll probably love this game. I never played online much, but had plenty of fun fighting in epic ground battles against hundreds of NPCs (using simple mods) and dogfighting in space. Even many years later, still a fun little game for fans of either series. Expand
  23. Jul 21, 2013
    Fantastic, it may have came out in 2004 but I still play it today. The AI are kinda bad but that can be overlooked with the multiplayer. Amazing game, it can be played over and over again and there are many fantastic mods which are easy to install, I would definitely recommend getting this game!
  24. Sep 3, 2013
    If there was one game I poured hundreds and hundreds of hours into, it has to be this game. My all time favourite shooter EVER! I don't understand how this game gets negative reviews, it's great.
  25. Nov 13, 2014
    Battlefront II is one of those rare Star Wars games that gives the player the full experience of adventuring through everyone's favorite Galaxy Far Far Away. You get to drive the vehicles, fly the ships, engage in epic ground battles and even wield a lightsaber across a wide variety of planets. The main distinction between this entry and its predecessor is the addition of playable heroBattlefront II is one of those rare Star Wars games that gives the player the full experience of adventuring through everyone's favorite Galaxy Far Far Away. You get to drive the vehicles, fly the ships, engage in epic ground battles and even wield a lightsaber across a wide variety of planets. The main distinction between this entry and its predecessor is the addition of playable hero characters. This turns out to be a blessing and a curse. While it's great to swing a lightsaber as your favorite Jedi or Sith, jetpack around as Boba Fett or gunsling from the hip as Han Solo it does occasionally upset the game balance. This is particularly evident in levels where one side has a hero with force powers and the other doesn't. Also, a couple of the best maps from the first game are conspicuously absent here. Still this is one of the greatest Star Wars games of all time (certainly of the Xbox/PS2 console cycle) and the ridiculously addictive multiplayer adds enormously to its high replay value. Expand
  26. Dec 2, 2014
    Best Star Wars game made. One of the best shooters of its time. So many hours can be put into this game because it is just consistently fun. This was my first ever online game, and it was some of the best times I had playing any game.
  27. Nov 2, 2015
    Именно такой должна была быть первая часть, но не стала. Второй battlefront - красивая, интересная, захватывающая и наконец-таки правильная часть. Девятку чисто душой.
  28. WilsonT
    Dec 26, 2009
    This game is great! If you're a fan of 3rd-person shooters, then you'll really enjoy this game! It's way better than it's predecessor in many ways than one. The only downfall is that it doesn't have air crafts in this one like it did in the first, but I'm sure they had their reasons. The space battles were a good implement as well though!
  29. Feb 19, 2013
    Battlefront 2 isn't a good looking game, but its pretty damn fun. The combat is epic although guns lack weight and the animations look like ass in first person. The game is very similar to the first but honestly, why would you want it to be a completely different game as a sequel? It is not like it didn't add things. It has also many of the maps from battlefront 1, but whats wrong withBattlefront 2 isn't a good looking game, but its pretty damn fun. The combat is epic although guns lack weight and the animations look like ass in first person. The game is very similar to the first but honestly, why would you want it to be a completely different game as a sequel? It is not like it didn't add things. It has also many of the maps from battlefront 1, but whats wrong with that? Its like L4D 2 is now adays, it eventually got all L4D1 maps. Sure it makes the original feel more worthless, but it makes the sequel so much better. Star ship battles have been introduced, which are sort of a simplified combat space sim where you must beat the enemy by killing them or destroying systems on the enemy main battle ship. This is very fun to do and looks pretty epic, although I wish you could actually blow up the enemy ship (although this would have to take a very large amount of hits). Heros have been introduced, which are overpowered units awarded after a certain amount of time to the best player on each team (different in campaign and galactic conquest mode). There is galactic conquest mode where you have a simple map with planets, where you and the opponent take turns moving ships around, buying new unit types and buying special bonuses which give an powerful passive (or hero unit) to use once before a battle. If you move onto an enemy planet, you start a conquest gametype battle type which you win by depleting enemy reinforcements or capturing all spawn points. These battles give you more credits to buy bonuses, units and ships. If you move to an enemy ship, to begin a star ship battle, ending with the losers ship destroyed. This is a fun gamemode if your playing against a friend, but the AI seems pretty incompetent at stopping you (although I have not tried it on elite difficulty, and Felucia in the empire conquest is almost impossible to win). Some maps have a unique idea that gives variety. Kasheek for example has a constant spawn of free wookies who don't count to the reinforcements (but cannot be controlled by a player) on the good side. Hoth has two insta respawning giant AT ATs on the empire side that take huge damage or a successful snowspeeder ship wire hook kill (yes, just like in the movie) and those AT ATs act as slow mobile spawn points for the empire. Sadly many of the maps simply don't have these things which is disapointing, as it gives a great deal of variety. Some maps have heros which are completely useless, mainly the Fett's and Princess Leia. Space combat is also hurt due to bad PC controls which while bareable, are completely useless against anyone even using a gamepad. Still it is essentially a simple space sim, so that is to be expected. Hit detection on thrown lightsabers, and blocking in general seems to also be a bit inconsistant. AI also is hit and miss, most of the time they work 'ok' but there is times where for example when they control a jedi, they will stun you take you to near death, then run past you and stand still while you gun them down from behind. The hero assault mode is fun where you play heroes vs villians, but it is sadly only on one map. Hunt mode however is on a small number of maps where you can play as the aliens or animals from the planet in a death match mode. (Things like Wumpas vs Rebels and Ewoks vs Empire). A big problem is they did not bring the maps from Battlefront 1 that had aircraft for support on ground battles, aside from Hoth, which only have dog fighting (for some reason) weapons on the snow speeders and the hooks they use to take out AT ATs. Sound and music quality is good, but it just uses sounds directly from the movies, even the music is all from the movies, which is good in some ways, bad in others.

Overall its a good game with some problems, but still very enjoyable game. Also since its old, its pretty cheap on steam, however I have heard there is problems with sound on some computers which causes incompatability and crashs when entering battle. However I have not had any of these problems on my Windows 7 laptop (which albiet is pretty awful) and headphones apparently prevent the crashs as headphone drivers seem to not cause problems. This is likely just a problem with a few sound cards but due to the amount of people annoyed at it, it could be a more common one. Recommend pirating first so you can quickly test if the sound card problem affects you. Unless there is a demo (I have not bothered to check if there is one).
  30. Nov 14, 2012
    This is my favorite Star Wars game of all time. The fact that you get to be a soldier on the frontlines, making a difference in combat, is a phenomenal idea versus other games where you're some super soldier designed to obliterate the enemy. In this one, when you die, you come back and resume the fight. When you do want to mash faces, you have the chance to play as heroes/jedi, which is aThis is my favorite Star Wars game of all time. The fact that you get to be a soldier on the frontlines, making a difference in combat, is a phenomenal idea versus other games where you're some super soldier designed to obliterate the enemy. In this one, when you die, you come back and resume the fight. When you do want to mash faces, you have the chance to play as heroes/jedi, which is a fun break from normal combat. I find both experiences to be enjoyable, but I'm glad this game focuses on you being a normal soldier. The different soldier classes present you with opportunities to contribute on the battlefield in different ways- I like this because it suits multiple playstyles. Plus, you can switch which class you want to be in the middle of a game, so you can easily react to your opponent's tactics. This is a great game to play when you have just a few minutes of spare time or if you feel like blowing away a whole evening. Don't expect much in way of a storyline or campaign- just enjoy the game for it's frantic combat. Expand
  31. Apr 27, 2013
    Star wars battlefront 2, along with halo 2 is the 2 greatest shooters of all time. I would stop there, but there's a minimum of 150 characters so. I love this game. Why you ask. Well, it fits me, you can fly and destroy battleships, be a jedi. 9001/9000
  32. Nov 6, 2013
    Battlefront II is a great game. It improved on the best parts of Battlefront. The inclusion of space battles, and more involved story really made it worth buying. While I liked the original Battlefront a little better, mostly for the maps it included, I still thoroughly enjoyed Battlefront II. Plus, with the PC version, there are tons of really cool mods that add a lot of replay value.Battlefront II is a great game. It improved on the best parts of Battlefront. The inclusion of space battles, and more involved story really made it worth buying. While I liked the original Battlefront a little better, mostly for the maps it included, I still thoroughly enjoyed Battlefront II. Plus, with the PC version, there are tons of really cool mods that add a lot of replay value.

All Star Wars fans should give this game a try.
  33. Feb 8, 2012
    Great MMO game that gives you plenty of variety and choices to leave you hanging. Although the space fights were not designed for a mouse and the AI can sometimes be buggy, even at the best settings. Still, good game if you want to blow some time.
  34. Jul 8, 2014
    One of my favourite games and one of the few fps that I like at the moment. I cannot say something more than I wrote at the previous game, but the graphics are better and there is the option to play as Jedi. There are more levels and characters from multiple series, such as Clone Wars. Great job!
  35. Oct 7, 2015
    This is a game that is not too difficult, but not too easy. This game is fun with a variation of the game that much. We can play as a trooper on the ground, driving combat vehicles; or play in space as pilot. For the story, not too good, after all, we already know that this is based on the star wars movie.
  36. Dec 29, 2011
    I got mildly disappointed. I'm huge Star Wars fan and I expected more from this game. The gameplay is pretty repetitive and shallow. It can bore you quickly. Soundtrack is very climatic, though. Pick it up only if you're Star Wars geek and you want to play it online. Otherwise, it's a waste of time and money.
  37. Mar 22, 2014
    The game itself is quite decent, I need to admit. I like Star Wars, but I'm not a huge fan of this universum and yet I enjoyed every single bit of battle atmosphere this game could offer to me. The game in 2014 is still not dead and while finding populated European servers was difficult, there were still american servers with like 20-30 players.

There are flaws, however, and I'm affraid

There are flaws, however, and I'm affraid there are pretty big. Big enough to ruin the game.

After playing the game for like 20-30 minutes, it always starts to lag incredibly and CPU usage grows to 100%. I've read it's a comon problem, but none of the solutions I've found on the internet worked in my case.

So in general it's a decent game, especially if you are a Star Wars fan. However, from what I've read on the internet, it's kinda incompatible with both newer and older systems and getting it to work might be difficult.

3/10 from me, since I wasn't able to enjoy the game at all. If I could I would probably rate it somewhere arround 7-9/10.
  38. Role
    Mar 7, 2008
    Finally got this the other day and what can I say? Just Battlefront with space battles tbh. I cannot believe that this game demanded such a high spec PC to run on its initial release as graphically its very poor, even with everything maxed out, and several of the maps are from battlefront. All of the vehicles look like they have been added after the shaders and lighting so look incredibly Finally got this the other day and what can I say? Just Battlefront with space battles tbh. I cannot believe that this game demanded such a high spec PC to run on its initial release as graphically its very poor, even with everything maxed out, and several of the maps are from battlefront. All of the vehicles look like they have been added after the shaders and lighting so look incredibly out of place. Have not tried online because u need gamespy and I won't use gamespy - no inbuilt server browser sucks. If you are (like me) a massive star wars fan then buy it, because from that aspect you will have fun, and it does have some great rebel scum blasting moments, but only buy it if ou find it cheap. Cmon lucasarts - do the right thing - give Battlefront 3 to dice to develop and give us the starwars game we have all been waiting for. Expand
  39. Kenshin
    Aug 5, 2009
    I really cant believe people give this game a 10 or even anything above a 5 all this game is is a bad attempt at making a battlefield clone the AI sucks the graphics are horrible and they dont let you have any kind of aircraft in land battles the only reason i even give this a 1 is because its a Star Wars game if you want a far better battlefield experience then play BF2 or BF2142 or even I really cant believe people give this game a 10 or even anything above a 5 all this game is is a bad attempt at making a battlefield clone the AI sucks the graphics are horrible and they dont let you have any kind of aircraft in land battles the only reason i even give this a 1 is because its a Star Wars game if you want a far better battlefield experience then play BF2 or BF2142 or even battlefield Vietnam all were better then this game. Expand
  40. Bryan
    Nov 7, 2005
    Same game with jedis, lame.
  41. Ed
    Nov 22, 2005
    Have to agree with Bryan. Played the first, and with little exception its just like it. I feel like I'm playing a VERY expensive expansion pack. Enemy Territory is a better game with more depth and better design.... and you can get it for free. Don't waste your money on this rip off.
  42. AdamL.
    Nov 28, 2005
    I'm Sorry, But this just didn't satisfy me! This new game isn't a 'new game', it's more like an expansion. I can sort of understand that they made a new game for PS2 and Xbox, but they should have made it an expansion for the PC. It does not have the fundementals for a new game, such as easier to use, better quality,fixed glitches, and most of all, a I'm Sorry, But this just didn't satisfy me! This new game isn't a 'new game', it's more like an expansion. I can sort of understand that they made a new game for PS2 and Xbox, but they should have made it an expansion for the PC. It does not have the fundementals for a new game, such as easier to use, better quality,fixed glitches, and most of all, a different gameplay feel and completely new gameplay techniques. This just didn't hold up to my expectations. Like Ed said: "Don't waste your money on this rip off." Expand
  43. Mikey
    Nov 12, 2006
    I didnt like the game because it feels like an over priced expansion.they just added in some new stuff but they havent fixed the AI and other major problems and they also took out alot of fun features from the first game like you cant go prone anymore,they took out aircraft on lands maps now the only maps you can fly on are space maps.i also wish they would add more vechicles and I didnt like the game because it feels like an over priced expansion.they just added in some new stuff but they havent fixed the AI and other major problems and they also took out alot of fun features from the first game like you cant go prone anymore,they took out aircraft on lands maps now the only maps you can fly on are space maps.i also wish they would add more vechicles and weapons.i would reccomend you stick with the first one until the next generation consoles come out and which the pc version wont be limited by the outdated ps2 and they release the inevitable battlefront 3. Expand
  44. Jul 15, 2011
    Nothing short of a fantastic improvement on the original. The addition of a proper story to the Single Player campaign is quite welcome, but also well thought out, and there are a few maps that you can only get to play by going through the single player. Space battles were added to the game, with air vehicles like xwings, etc being taken out of the land based levels as in the first oneNothing short of a fantastic improvement on the original. The addition of a proper story to the Single Player campaign is quite welcome, but also well thought out, and there are a few maps that you can only get to play by going through the single player. Space battles were added to the game, with air vehicles like xwings, etc being taken out of the land based levels as in the first one the levels just weren't quite big enough to allow for any strategic value to be gained by flying around. Unfortunately although it is a fun element, it quickly becomes repetitive and is probably the one glitchy point of the game, by glitchy I mean that its rather intermittent as to stationary turrets bothering to fire at you and next to impossible to dodge on some occasions, whereas other times you could shut your eyes and not get hit, even if you opened them and tried to fly into it. That aside it was still a step in the right direction. The other addition to the game is heroes characters ranging from Obi-Kenobi and Mace Windu, to Boba Fett and Han Solo, not to mention Yoda. The heroes are simple enough to use, but can easily turn the tide of battle, and in the hands of a master can mean total annihalation for a side. The only drawback to the heroes are that some seem to be a bit pathetic, but all in all its another step in the right direction for the Battlefront series. If you liked the first one, this is well worth the purchase. Ignore the bad reviews here people, if you like Star Wars this definately one of the good games in the franchise. Battlefield in the Star Wars Universe, who cares if its a ripoff, it makes for good gaming, not to mention the last good game in the battlefield series was the Desert Combat MOD for Battlefield 1942. Buy it, play it, nuff said! Expand
  45. Feb 1, 2012
    The game has no "weight". The enemies, the weapons, the spaceships - have no feel to them. It's like playing with cardboard cutouts :( Very sad.
  46. Oct 30, 2013
    Be prepared to have to turn your sound COMPLETELY OFF. Good graphics. Fun open battlefield feel. AI is good at times, but also randomly idiotic at others. You are the only one who can acquire the checkpoints in battle, even if you are simply just another grunt. Forced to unlock certain units each fight, meaning anything you previously accomplished is erased with each battle, though theyBe prepared to have to turn your sound COMPLETELY OFF. Good graphics. Fun open battlefield feel. AI is good at times, but also randomly idiotic at others. You are the only one who can acquire the checkpoints in battle, even if you are simply just another grunt. Forced to unlock certain units each fight, meaning anything you previously accomplished is erased with each battle, though they can be switched mid-fight, and are not too demanding to acquire. It especially gets a low rating for the sound issue (which is a well known bug with no resolution even now). Also GAME BREAKING BUG. On later missions: Even if you've completed all the objectives, have a huge troop advantage, and have not/hardly died, if you die near the end of the mission (such as Naboo) results in auto defeat. That means if you've managed to survive the whole fight, and helped your side dominate, you will magically lose if randomly killed as you are about to totally rout the enemy. There is also an AI countermeasure that will not allow you to complete a level too fast. If you acquire the checkpoints too fast you will be overrun by large swarms of opponents that come in unending waves. Talk about a big fail in the campaign AI.
    The Star Wars universe should be 3 things. Epic mythos, great special effects, and dynamic sound. W/O sound it loses alot of cache. From a company that has made 3 terrible movies after 3 great ones, and refuses to bring back X-Wing/Tie Fighter for the new century, you have to know what to expect.
    Do NOT pay more then $5 for this game.
  47. Jan 7, 2014
    I think the reason people keep crapping on this game's score is because they're reviewing it based on today's game standards. Will the AI, graphics, sound, and content hold up to multi-million dollar games like Battlefield and Call of Duty? Of course not! This game was made a decade ago. We should be happy the AI isn't staring at the ground and shooting walls, because we still have thoseI think the reason people keep crapping on this game's score is because they're reviewing it based on today's game standards. Will the AI, graphics, sound, and content hold up to multi-million dollar games like Battlefield and Call of Duty? Of course not! This game was made a decade ago. We should be happy the AI isn't staring at the ground and shooting walls, because we still have those problems today. For a game made back in the day of PS2, this title deserves at least an 8/10. There have been very few games like this; where you're offered a small roll in a much bigger ongoing battle with BOTS. Online set aside, there are practically no games where you play a soldier; just a soldier. It's always "secret special operative of the covert missions squadron number 5 based in deep undercover reconnaissance in china" because that is what every modern day FPS is about. This game? You're a soldier-scratch that- an omnipotent controller of expendable soldiers. This game was one of the first to offer different classes that had at least semi-different attributes like health and damage output differences. This game was an inspiration to games like COD and Battlefield, so when you come in to play, don't bring your modern expectations. Think, "10 years ago, what did I expect from a game- and a MOVIE LICENSED GAME at that." You'll be much, much more pleased. And, if you're like me and bought this game for the nostalgia, it's even more beautiful than before with all the new mods and unofficial patches that are out. You'll fall in love with this game all over again; It should curb your appetite until Battlefront 3 comes out next year. Expand
  48. Jan 5, 2016
    You get to mass-murder Gungans and Ewoks.
    10/10, best game ever. Would commit genocide again.

(Seriously, though. This game is really good and fun, with great controls, great graphics and fantastic gameplay. And it has way more content than that EA thing from last year. Recommended.)
  49. LukeS.
    Nov 3, 2005
    Awesome game!!!
  50. Vicky
    Nov 4, 2005
    If you loved the first Battlefront then, you'll definitely enjoy this one. Pretty similar to the first one with the addition of space simulation. Excellent way to kill time.
  51. RobertN.
    Nov 4, 2005
    Much better than I expected...plenty of levels, heros...the gameplay is redefined and independent from its Battlefield 2 contender. This is a unique Star Wars experience.
  52. SAMF.
    Nov 5, 2005
    A few additions like Space combat really add something new to the Game. Other than new maps though the rest of the game is pretty much the same as the first. Would like to have been able to have a mission of destroying the death star instead of just capitol Ships. and fighters. The Death Star Map is just like those conquest modes on all other maps. Not everything I hoped for but enough to A few additions like Space combat really add something new to the Game. Other than new maps though the rest of the game is pretty much the same as the first. Would like to have been able to have a mission of destroying the death star instead of just capitol Ships. and fighters. The Death Star Map is just like those conquest modes on all other maps. Not everything I hoped for but enough to add to the original. Expand
  53. K.Dep
    Nov 7, 2005
    I honest really like this game. The addition of Jedi adds a whole new twist on this game. I wasn't crazy about the first one, but this game comes with far more depth, more levels, and more interesting strategy. Space fights are incredibly fun as well. Overall very strong, and better than the first.
  54. DaveG.
    Nov 11, 2005
    Nice array of boards to battle on. Inclusion of the Jedi make for some fun. Controls on the PC (especially in space combat) are tough and you'd best have a lot of hard drive since this puppy eats almost 6 gigs on the install.
  55. SonicPhoto
    Dec 17, 2005
    In this game you play has the clone troopers in the way they change from good to bad. Like the original game you have the ability to choose from many different type of clone troopers: normal troopers, heavy troopers (use missile launchers), sniper troopers that can shoot enemies from far places, commander troopers that have infinite ammo and better defense, the engineers that can repair In this game you play has the clone troopers in the way they change from good to bad. Like the original game you have the ability to choose from many different type of clone troopers: normal troopers, heavy troopers (use missile launchers), sniper troopers that can shoot enemies from far places, commander troopers that have infinite ammo and better defense, the engineers that can repair tanks, etc. and last the jet troopers that use jetpacks. The CIS robots and the rebels have different types of soldiers giving the game some variety to it. The addition on the on foot stuff is playing has a hero which is a jedi or a non-jedi like Han Solo or Leia. The controls are simple and each hero has their own abilities like for choke, push, pull and the most common lightsaber throwing. Heroes can be exciting dpending which one you are playing because if it does not use a lightsaber you will get the same feel has a trooper. Also some heroes don't have fast moves with the lightsaber like Darth Vader which is quite a dissapointment cause many fans want to play with him. Vehicles on foot work nicely altough some do not move smoothly, like the speeder bikes that can feel useless and easy die by hitting a tree. Still at least the tanks work out well. The other addition and the biggest one is the space battles. In space you can decide which type of spaceship you want and hop into it. The missions consist of destroying important parts of the enemy's battleship. The really good stuff about sapce is that you can land on your enemy's battleship and destroy his interior parts and steal a spaceship. Overall Star Wara Battlefront II offers a great package with most of the important stuff in the Star Wars universe: war, jedi and space. If you are a Star Wars fan then I would checking this game out. If you play the 1st game and not looking for something totally new but want to check the jedi stuff and space then is a buy here. The rest should rent it first if you have a PS2 or Xbox. Expand
  56. CharlieW.
    Jan 4, 2006
    Very fun, jedi and space additions are nice, and the new maps are pretty awsome. The campaign however could have stood being more difficult and less linear. I beat it in 2 1/2 days.
  57. YodaYoda
    Jan 23, 2006
    Great game! Much better than the first one. It's on my list of top 5. I love the heroes and space!
  58. DarthVader
    Jan 27, 2006
    dont listen to ed or ryan, they both wouldnt know a good game even if it punched them on the face. it is not an expasion because an expansions is like the first one, only with little things vcchanged. yeah the game play on swbf2 is like the first one, but hey, u cant make perfection any better. true they didnt fix the graphics or some glitches, but so what? who cares? they arent bothering dont listen to ed or ryan, they both wouldnt know a good game even if it punched them on the face. it is not an expasion because an expansions is like the first one, only with little things vcchanged. yeah the game play on swbf2 is like the first one, but hey, u cant make perfection any better. true they didnt fix the graphics or some glitches, but so what? who cares? they arent bothering me i tell you, and hey am not even a star wars fan, i never liekd anyof the movies a lot, but i say this game is pretty good in the way it tries to connect the 6 movies, with the 501s and everything, awesome game, not an expasion, its SWBF2, buy it, its worth the money so much. Expand
  59. Jon
    Feb 13, 2006
    Space assualt should have more capital ships, otherwise, great game. The only other thing I could ask for would being able to make a custom team (take units from different CIS, Rebels, Impire, and clones to make a completly new side), but I've never played a game that does.
  60. Oct 10, 2010
    best shooter ever. period. Why won't they patch it to work on win 7? great multiplayer and single. a blast to play lan with your friends! They need to make #3!
  61. Apr 5, 2011
    I really loved this game as there were so many different ways to play in each battle. The choice of submitting your own map really excited me and I was literally hooked on the game for months.
    I would recommend that the game is checked over for glitches-many things went wrong, but it wasn't enough to spoil my enjoyment of the game.
  62. Apr 9, 2011
    Single player was ruined, because of AI, that really don't help you in battles. Especially in space battles. But multi-player is worth playing with friends. I also liked being a Jedi. If you like multiplayer games like Battlefield, and you are a fan of Star Wars, play this game.
  63. Jul 19, 2011
    To say this game has it all i love it but battlefront 2 does lack some key features the first one had like going prone, flying a vechiles on genoisis, style of the map, creativity, and the fun. It did good in the space battles, adding more maps, and the jedi fun, but it does not add it all combined, ill miss flying like the movies and the style the first one had but this will still be aTo say this game has it all i love it but battlefront 2 does lack some key features the first one had like going prone, flying a vechiles on genoisis, style of the map, creativity, and the fun. It did good in the space battles, adding more maps, and the jedi fun, but it does not add it all combined, ill miss flying like the movies and the style the first one had but this will still be a fun game to try and play dont have to be a fan to like it.
    graphics- who cares
    fun-9
    Style-8
    Creativity- 7.9
    Upgradability-9( by this i mean making ur own maps, skins and modding to ur fit)
  64. Nov 30, 2011
    This game is great and all, Ive played it for years, and the story is nice even though it doesn't really follow along the Star Wars storyline, and unlike other space fighting games I've seen, this one has excellently executed space combat.
  65. Dec 28, 2011
    Everyone knows that the AI in Battlefront games suck. So what? It makes the games way more fun and the ragdoll effects are hilarious. Obviously when this game was released 6 years ago it wasn't as bad as it looks now. But so what! It's very unique (even if it does take alot of ideas of Battlefield!)
  66. Dec 30, 2011
    SWBF2 is my first Star Wars game i ever played, after it i played the first Battlefront and i must say Battlefront 2 is amazing. Its the same original Battlefront, but it added so much more that the first game missed out. If you want to play on first Battlefront maps just download a mod to fill your needs.
  67. Jun 1, 2012
    Man! I have fond memories of this game. To this day, I'll remember it as the game that brought me into the world of shooting. Also, I am a huge Star Wars fan, and if you ask me, this is one of the best Star Wars games out there. The game definitely lives up to its premise of giving you the ability to live through the battles of the Star Wars films rather than watching them. TheMan! I have fond memories of this game. To this day, I'll remember it as the game that brought me into the world of shooting. Also, I am a huge Star Wars fan, and if you ask me, this is one of the best Star Wars games out there. The game definitely lives up to its premise of giving you the ability to live through the battles of the Star Wars films rather than watching them. The gameplay is very fun. It has you leading an entire army into battle against the enemy on various planets, with various objectives. Unlike Star Wars Battlefront, this game has more than just the standard conquest mode. It also has one and two flag capture the flag, among many more fun modes. It also has a pretty fun campaign that has you playing as the 501st clone legion. The graphics of this game are decent, but nothing special. Although it does a pretty good job of representing the Star Wars universe, the graphics are nothing compared to games such as Half-Life. The sound of this game represents the Star Wars universe very well too. Everything in the game sounded very much like sounds that you would hear in the Star Wars universe. One of the game's major flaws is the A.I. It acts really stupid and goes "Ooh! I just spawned! I must find the player and shoot him! I will take him down even though all of his allied players are shooting at me with horrendous accuracy, tendency to just randomly walk into walls, and run into my fire!". That is a perfect description of the A.I. of this game. Also, I have not played the game in multiplayer, but from what I hear, it is terribly laggy and sucky. Other than those two flaws, the game is very good. It's just a shame that the game's developer went out of business. I would've loved a Battlefront III! Expand
  68. Jul 15, 2012
    Battlefront II, although old and certainly not perfect, is a classic 3rd person shooter. Multiplayer is fun and somewhat competitive, and single player continues to entertain. The wide variety of mods for this game also is a big plus. I've had this game since 2005 and I am still playing. Come on Lucasarts! Everyone loved Battlefront 2! Quit screwing around with the Force Unleashed and theBattlefront II, although old and certainly not perfect, is a classic 3rd person shooter. Multiplayer is fun and somewhat competitive, and single player continues to entertain. The wide variety of mods for this game also is a big plus. I've had this game since 2005 and I am still playing. Come on Lucasarts! Everyone loved Battlefront 2! Quit screwing around with the Force Unleashed and the Clone Wars and give us Battlefront III! Expand
  69. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is AWZOM, definitely buy it. peace out!
  70. Mar 25, 2013
    A clunky, and boring shooter set in the 'Star Wars' universe. Doesn't hold up over-time, and it can only peak my interest for a few hours at most. It's not a horrible game, but is by no means "one of the best games ever made" like everyone I know, and see on the internet seems to claim it being.

While being fun for a few short hours it quickly loses it's charm, and the single-player story is alright at best, and the multiplayer is the only saving grace, even though the PC community has been plagued with hackers, and people using exploits.
  71. Apr 24, 2013
    Its a great game but dat A.I. path finding... its just straight up inexcusable. I can shoot a laser right next to a reblesles face it will be a centimeter away from hitting him and he'll just stand there staring at the wookie porn set up in his helmet also who the would come running at Darth Vader with a shotgun after he just mowed down a armada of men who because i sure as wouldn'tIts a great game but dat A.I. path finding... its just straight up inexcusable. I can shoot a laser right next to a reblesles face it will be a centimeter away from hitting him and he'll just stand there staring at the wookie porn set up in his helmet also who the would come running at Darth Vader with a shotgun after he just mowed down a armada of men who because i sure as wouldn't but apparently every rebel soldier has ball of titanium but at the end of the day playing with your friend as Boba Fett and lighting Yoda on fire is just good old fashioned fun. Expand
  72. May 5, 2013
    This game is amazing, and on my computer, the graphics are WAY better than PS2 graphics. And plus, this is an older game (about nine years old), so amazing state of the art graphics can't be expected, though I think it looks good overall, especially compared to the PS2. It's a total blast though with capturing command posts, commanding a jedi on the battlefield, playing all-out Sith VSThis game is amazing, and on my computer, the graphics are WAY better than PS2 graphics. And plus, this is an older game (about nine years old), so amazing state of the art graphics can't be expected, though I think it looks good overall, especially compared to the PS2. It's a total blast though with capturing command posts, commanding a jedi on the battlefield, playing all-out Sith VS Jedi hero battles, space battles, and even hunt battles where you can play creature fights, where you can fight battles like Ewoks vs. storm-troopers, Jawas vs. tuscan raiders, or (my favorite) wampas vs rebels. This game is a blast though and it will always be my personal favorite Star Wars game. Expand
  73. May 12, 2013
    I have to admit very addicting game ever! Well not really Amnesia kind beat this one. But anyway what I don't like about this is how you can't choose any kinda color clone you want. For example you can't be the clones from the 2nd 1 on any other map but Geonosis. And you can't be the red clones on Mustafar, or the yellow ones on Utapah or the clone commander looking ones on Mygeeto. And itI have to admit very addicting game ever! Well not really Amnesia kind beat this one. But anyway what I don't like about this is how you can't choose any kinda color clone you want. For example you can't be the clones from the 2nd 1 on any other map but Geonosis. And you can't be the red clones on Mustafar, or the yellow ones on Utapah or the clone commander looking ones on Mygeeto. And it is freaking impossible to get mods on here because I can never replace anything on the freaking game data! And the guns in here suck you should have more than just classes you should have like 5 guns that are good! And that is not including the pistol. And they should include the Sith and the Republic on Star wars the old republic. I mean cmon if they want this to come any close to the game of the year they got lot's of work to do. Expand
  74. Nov 24, 2013
    This is my all-time favorite game and as a child i played this non-stop without a problem, you could say I was a sweater at this game... to know this game is rated so low piddles me off!
  75. Jan 18, 2014
    This game in my opinion is the best star wars game ever crated it is a master piece .
    When you include mods in to mix the replay value is endless .
    This a star wars fan must buy .
  76. May 20, 2014
    Star Wars Battlefront is one of the greatest third and first person shooters ever also include the fact that you can now use Jedi's as playable characters and the space battle it was absolutely brilliant I can't wait for the 3rd one oh wait they cancelled that get your head in the game EA or DICE.
  77. Jun 22, 2014
    Star wars: Battlefront II is pretty darned fun. I absolutely love the great diversity in soldiers, the many different things that each class could do, the battle aspects, the animations (they look pretty damn awesome), how you can move your character around, like getting him to strafe that way, roll this way to avoid an enemy grenade, and zoom in with ease. Also to add onto the awesomenessStar wars: Battlefront II is pretty darned fun. I absolutely love the great diversity in soldiers, the many different things that each class could do, the battle aspects, the animations (they look pretty damn awesome), how you can move your character around, like getting him to strafe that way, roll this way to avoid an enemy grenade, and zoom in with ease. Also to add onto the awesomeness known as Battlefront II is the Galactic Conquest, which kind of makes you feel like a general actually commanding, for example, the Empire's armies. If you read a bad report, the person who made that report has no idea what a game with some good work put into it looks like. Only problem is the graphics. They're O.K, but not great. Expand
  78. Jul 4, 2014
    star wars battlefront 2 for pc is very fun play i liked what they did enjoy playing mods as well the game has it best moments and i think that grate!!
  79. Rem
    Oct 5, 2014
    As a child growing up, SW:BF was the greatest game I ever played, though I can't say the game has aged well. I mean who would deject the idea of a full scale Star Wars/Battlefield hybrid? The great things that were still retained are the 64 Player battles, the healthy modding community, and the sheer fun of doing anything on the battlefield. What hasn't aged well as I came to realize theAs a child growing up, SW:BF was the greatest game I ever played, though I can't say the game has aged well. I mean who would deject the idea of a full scale Star Wars/Battlefield hybrid? The great things that were still retained are the 64 Player battles, the healthy modding community, and the sheer fun of doing anything on the battlefield. What hasn't aged well as I came to realize the flaws? Well, for starters the lame ass campaign, the stagnant and stupid A.I., and the faulty online support. The improvements over the original battlefront were next to nothing, and I preferred the maps of the original as they retain the scale of the battle rather than cramping 64 players in a small arena. Still, it's always fun to play Hero Assault on Mos Eisely once more as Darth Maul mowing the good guys with a double edged lightsaber. Expand
  80. Oct 22, 2014
    This was my favourite game when I was a young kid, It is still great fun. You should play it if you havn't. You can get it quite cheap on steam so go buy it and hav esome fun.
  81. Nov 16, 2014
    Played this as a kid, I was so terrible at it but I had a ton of fun sucking. I played it a few months back just cause and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.
  82. Dec 1, 2014
    Ah, the sweet memories. This brings the magic of the original trilogy. Shame they've recently shut down the servers, can't wait for DICE reboot. The sweet, sweet memories....
  83. Dec 22, 2014
    I know you're reading this, EA and DICE. See this lovely game called Star Wars:Battlefront II? This should be an example of what you ought to do in Battlefront 2015. This doubled the content of Battlefront 1 and improved everything. THAT is what you must do. Give us more so we don't have to play Battlefront II again. Take all maps from this and Frostbite them. If you have to delay it to doI know you're reading this, EA and DICE. See this lovely game called Star Wars:Battlefront II? This should be an example of what you ought to do in Battlefront 2015. This doubled the content of Battlefront 1 and improved everything. THAT is what you must do. Give us more so we don't have to play Battlefront II again. Take all maps from this and Frostbite them. If you have to delay it to do it, fine. If we have to wait for more years, fine. And look EA, if you ever decide to pull half the maps and modes from the game and sell it to us as DLC, if you push the game to release too early and the game is a glitchfest, if you remove bots, then I'll just stick to the good ol' Battlefront II; we have graphic mods for it. And it still has online because of GameRanger. Expand
  84. Apr 24, 2015
    Worth every penny. The replay value is astronomical with several different game modes, my favorite is galactic conquest where you move fleets around between planets and empty space and the enemy moves theirs and when the fleets meet, a space battle ensues and if a planet is below that belonged to the defender, a battle for control of the planet begins on the surface. You can also purchaseWorth every penny. The replay value is astronomical with several different game modes, my favorite is galactic conquest where you move fleets around between planets and empty space and the enemy moves theirs and when the fleets meet, a space battle ensues and if a planet is below that belonged to the defender, a battle for control of the planet begins on the surface. You can also purchase bonuses and have to unlock the classes which is just fun for some reason! The game is so much fun to play and it looks really good considering it's age. I can only think of a handful of things that weren't so good... Sniping is not very satisfying.. There's no real impact or recoil when you shoot and when youre aiming at enemies that are far away, their movements are lightning fast! They're going one way but all of a sudden they do a complete 180 faster than you can blink. The next minor gripe I would have would be the squad commands... It was good in the first battlefront and you have several orders, now you can only aim at a trooper and order him to follow you but when you want him to leave you have to move very quickly to aim at him because he's always behind you and then you can tell him to move out. The biggest problem that can occasionally break immersion for some of us and cause some... Facepalming... The AI is really... REALLY bad... The AI is so inept and incompetent, ESPECIALLY in space combat! The AI is totally serviceable on the surface, but in space... Holy crap... You'll see gunships fly out of the hangar, turn right around and crash into the hull of their own ship. One space map is glitched too. The one where the bow of the rebel ship is facing the port side of a star destroyer... The imperial pilots are often brain dead. They stand around the doors doing nothing and it's weird because they spawn normally but when they walk through the doors they just... Stop... Expand
  85. May 14, 2015
    Okay, it might have a lot of glitches and graphical bugs, but its from 2005 so what do you expect! The gameplay is amazing and if the maps, gamemodes or character choices dont satisfy you, just go download some maps or mods.
  86. Jun 5, 2015
    Iz rly gud heuheh!

For real though, Battlefront 2 is one of the few games that stand out from being what other games at the time were. You know the kind! Games with tacked-on multiplayer features! Man, those sucked amirite? Iamrite, so let's take a look at the game which will soon to be accompanied by the (probable) failure that is Battlefront 3. Basically: You can either play the
    Iz rly gud heuheh!

Basically: You can either play the campaign or galactic conquest which i'll get to in a bit. In the campaign you play as a (not so) loved defender of the republic; a Clone Trooper™! And as you gun down enemies with your bulky(ish) weapons you soon come to the conclusion that follows: Derr, jehdiz arrnt gud ppl!

And suddenly you advance into a more (not so) respectable role as an Oda Clonobunaga™!
    Actually, you just kinda' buy a cs:go reskin pack and become the (overrated) Stormtrooper™®©!

Most that can be said for galactic conquest is: You pick your side as either: Da Ehmpyre, Thu Rebhellleeun, Treehd Fhedoration, and Da Replyblic.

There's also space missions in which: you attack the enemy ship in various ways, including; destroying their various ship-components located on the hull of the ship, and the inner parts of the ship which you'll have to reach on foot.

Here's the (not so (i have to stop with these jokes) ) summary:

Pros:

+ Has almost infinite replayability!
    + Great gameplay
    + Awesome soundtrack (duh)

Cons:

- B*tches and glitches, baby!
    - Multiplayer is dead
    - Is a f*ckin' nightmare to get working on modern computers
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, this game's pretty good! It's a star wars game i always have a fun time with. However, story mode is pretty lame once you complete it and multiplayer is sorta'... not a thing anymore since, you know, this game was around way back when having a mullet was actually uncommon. Needless to say: this game has almost infinite replayability. And that settles the final score, which ended up being:

8/10 ("i can dig it")
  87. Aug 9, 2015
    Great game, battles feel like you're in a real war zone. Better than the new games like Battlefield and other shooters. The only problem that didn't make this game perfect is the ai in space battle because the ai on your team won't work as a team and the enemy ai play so sloppy. Sill the space battles are fun so this game deserves a nine.
  88. Aug 17, 2015
    amazing performce by a very talented actor temera morrison plays this game for his talent a amzing voice actor i love this game and its still hundred times better than the rip off batlefield
  89. Oct 2, 2015
    OH HELL YEAH! I remember playing this game back in PS2 but in the pc is much better! This will bring back the nostalgia of the old and new films. For a game that came out in 2015, this has age really well with it's graphics and gameplay! I recommend getting it full price right now if you're a real Star Wars fan!
  90. Oct 26, 2015
    Was born in 1999 and I was born with these types of shooters, like Halo CE and Battlefront. Battlefront is a cool game, It is amazing with the Heroes mode, all four factions, story mode and the cool space battles. I used to have this on my ps2, when the disc broke I got so upset, until my parents got it again. Then my ps2 broke. I recently last year found it on steam and got so excited, IWas born in 1999 and I was born with these types of shooters, like Halo CE and Battlefront. Battlefront is a cool game, It is amazing with the Heroes mode, all four factions, story mode and the cool space battles. I used to have this on my ps2, when the disc broke I got so upset, until my parents got it again. Then my ps2 broke. I recently last year found it on steam and got so excited, I have 500+ hours on it on steam. When I heard the new one was announced I got so happy. This is one of my favorite shooters I have ever played. Expand
  91. Nov 19, 2015
    Star Wars: Batllefront 2 improves on every level what its predecesor had: Better AI, slighly better graphics, better storyline and more maps. What Star Wars: Battlefront 2 lacks, is that some of the original maps are gone and also, this is a minor thing but still, in Jabbas Palace, the whatever theyre called, rhino people, are marked on red, as is your enemy, but in the originalStar Wars: Batllefront 2 improves on every level what its predecesor had: Better AI, slighly better graphics, better storyline and more maps. What Star Wars: Battlefront 2 lacks, is that some of the original maps are gone and also, this is a minor thing but still, in Jabbas Palace, the whatever theyre called, rhino people, are marked on red, as is your enemy, but in the original Battlefront they were yellow and acted as a third team. But thats just a minor thing. The servers arent operational anymore, so you cant play online anymore. This game did come out over 10 years ago, so its excusable. Should you buy it? Yes. Expand
  92. Feb 21, 2016
    This is by far the best Star Wars game out there, period, end of discussion, nothing's close. What does this game not have other than an amazing story line? It has everything a Star Wars game needs. At $10 on Steam, it is the biggest steal you will ever make in your life, mark my words.
  93. Mar 6, 2016
    Good game! Bryan is just probably jealous that he didn't beat the game. It Was awesome and decent graphics and smooth gameplay. Not a bad game everyone, give it a chance!
  94. May 16, 2016
    I played this originally on the PSP, and later got it on PC. I enjoyed the game a lot, however there are some issues with it, such as the AI not being too difficult
  95. Oct 16, 2016
    Still enjoy playing this far more than the new Battlefront game. Can't go wrong with it being $10 on Steam and having far more content available right off the start. Space combat, instant action, galactic conquest, etc. All of these are things you cannot find in Battlefront 2015. Like Call of Duty 4 on PC, Battlefront 2 has benefited from a diverse community creating custom content withStill enjoy playing this far more than the new Battlefront game. Can't go wrong with it being $10 on Steam and having far more content available right off the start. Space combat, instant action, galactic conquest, etc. All of these are things you cannot find in Battlefront 2015. Like Call of Duty 4 on PC, Battlefront 2 has benefited from a diverse community creating custom content with the mod tools. Because of that, there are plenty of custom mods and maps for download. Even though it's a decade old, it's still a far better game than the newest iteration. Expand
  96. Mar 3, 2017
    battlefront 2 is good game but the campaign in this isn't that great but i liked the idea that you are in some part of big war, It is so much better than the new battlefrount.
  97. Dec 31, 2016
    It's one of my favorite shooters ever, and it really holds up. It's super fun to play, and I still often play it nowadays. Couldn't recommend this enough. But let's be honest. You've played this already...
  98. Apr 29, 2018
    This game features an enjoyable campaign which introduces you to the mechanics. It also has various multiplayer modes, each providing a different experience. A fun, classic game which is very cheap!
  99. Jul 5, 2018
    No puedo creer que este juego corría en la PS2, un juego muy completo, con muchos mapas, personajes y una buena jugablilidad.
  100. Jul 30, 2018
    Battlefront II is by far the best Star Wars game ever created alongside Knights of the Old Republic. This title include the best galaxy battles and large scale ground battles in any Star Wars title, it contains every map from the main 6 films without extra charge for more maps (ahem... Battlefront 2 2017) with a mod community including more maps on the arsenal that help expand theBattlefront II is by far the best Star Wars game ever created alongside Knights of the Old Republic. This title include the best galaxy battles and large scale ground battles in any Star Wars title, it contains every map from the main 6 films without extra charge for more maps (ahem... Battlefront 2 2017) with a mod community including more maps on the arsenal that help expand the experience and even more hours for playthrough.
    Maybe the campaing isn't the most creative, it centers on a battalion of clone troopers from their early days on the clone wars to the rise of the empire, it does pretty well recreating some of the most iconic battles on the film as well of recreating those maps.
    The game gives the freedom to the players to make their custom rules for party matches with your pals, and to choose the game mode that goes from capture the flag, heroes, command post (aka. domination) haunt and others.
    Other cool feature that this game has in comparison to Battlefront 2 (2017) is that you can play using any character from the films... well the 6 first films and again with no extra charges like EA does... ohh... and NO loot supplies or pay to win methods included here, so don't worry.
    A great old school gem that you should be playing now!!!! if you have EA's Battlefront 2 throw that rubbish away and play this one instead.

The sequel to last year's third-person/real-time strategy game set in Star Wars land once again manages to be the 'Nam of Wars games. In other words, the disc does a heck of job of trying to make you feel like you're really "in the sh.t" on Coruscant.
  2. Battlefront II is a good sequel, but it's got too much in common with the first game to make the upgrade a no-brainer.
    And so more than its predecessor, the faults and quirks of Battlefront II stand out and become glaring because the new adds feel unpolished while the old gripes manage to rear their heads for a second time.