7.9

1. Apr 30, 2020
    The game is very good, with very colorful designs, the soundtrack is worthy of the franchise, and with too many levels and difficulties, with unlockables, highly recommended for fans of this genre.
  2. Apr 30, 2020
    Faithful to the formula, unique characters that make you want to try them all. One I didnt like are the boss fights, they seem very overpowered compared to the characters, in the other SOR games they followed the same rules as any other enemy, for example you could grab them...
  3. Apr 30, 2020
    Streets of Rage 4 is a fantastic successor to the original 3 Streets of Rage games. While some of the artistic styles may be a little questionable, this game shares the same heartbeat and soul as Streets of Rage.

The gameplay is paced more like Streets of Rage 2 than Streets of Rage 3, which i prefer. The attacks feel heavy and impactful. The musical score is top notch, thanks to

The musical score is top notch, thanks to the return and influence of the original composers
    Yuzo Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima. Anybody who disrespects the music in this game loses any credibility that they could possibly have. From the moment you reach the title screen, you know you're in Streets of Rage, without question. And the sound effects are clean, crisp and satisfying to hear.

The combat and gameplay feels very safe, familiar and comfortable from the original games but with a few added and welcoming features and combos feel very satisfying to pull off. it doesn't stray far at all from what made the original games feel great.

While I found the stylized artwork a little odd for Streets of Rage at first, overall, it works. The backgrounds are gorgeously drawn and the lighting is perfect. It captures a more dark and bleak and gritty atmosphere and tone the game is set to.

As well, the animation quality is absolutely superb. A lot of care and passion went into animating the characters.

Even with several enemies on the screen at once, i didn't feel any drops in performance or framerate and the game continued to perform beautifully. And bosses have some unique combat mechanics that made them fun and engaging.
  4. Apr 30, 2020
    The sensational return of one of the best beat em ups in history. Street Of Rage 4 is not only a nostalgia operation but a new beginning ... Dotemu has realized a dream with great quality and with a new graphic style while maintaining classic gameplay. The result is simply perfect! Hey Capcom! Are you there?
  5. Apr 30, 2020
    is a game that will please both old fans and people who have never played anything in the franchise.
    Everything I knew about Streets of Rage is here, they took all the good from the 3 games and added it here, still with a great selection of characters and game modes that we never had in the series, after all, it was 26 years without being updated!
    The game is incredible, let it be a
    The game is incredible, let it be a revival for this SEGA franchise!
  6. May 5, 2020
    Grew up with the SOR series, still regularily play the originals.

First impressions after completing SOR4 Story Mode on Normal. Overall it's the best I could've hoped for (in so far as there was plenty of potential for this to be a disaster). Wasn't hugely into the art style after seeing trailers, but seeing it in person the stages are very detailed and animations are high quality.
    Grew up with the SOR series, still regularily play the originals.

First impressions after completing SOR4 Story Mode on Normal.

Overall it's the best I could've hoped for (in so far as there was plenty of potential for this to be a disaster). Wasn't hugely into the art style after seeing trailers, but seeing it in person the stages are very detailed and animations are high quality. I'm sold in that regard.

Soundtrack is obviously important in any SOR game, again it's pretty decent though you can kinda tell which tracks Yuzo Koshiro did and didn't work on. You can listen to rhe 'retro' soundtrack though which is a nice feature, but unfortunately they're very poor quality in terms mixing, the retro tracks sound really muddy.

Gameplay impressions, seems to have a fairly high skill ceiling. Lots of different playable characters with unique styles of playing. Haven't tried any of the 'original' characters yet so I think a lot of the replay value will come from this.

Finally, it's hard to judge as I may not fully understand their gimmicks, but some of the bosses are a real pain in the ass. Lots of unstoppable invincible/armoured moves and a lot of 2 against 1 situations that are pretty painful (single player obviously).

I'm not sure yet how I'd rate this in comparison to the original games, but each of the originals have their own little flaws too and I still spent 15+yrs playing them anyway so I'm still looking forward to going back and playing through it again and trying to figure out strategies for the bosses.

A worthy sequel.
  7. Apr 30, 2020
    Loved every minute of my playthrough with Cherry. Can't wait to do playthroughs with every character.
  8. Apr 30, 2020
    Absolute great....if you love Streets of Rage. Very little is done to evolve the genre. The graphics are now cell shaded, and regaining health has been inserted after a special. Do NOT FEAR THIS...It's great, when you play!!!!
  9. Apr 30, 2020
    This game is one that i been waiting for for some 20+ years. I think they nailed it by including all of the retro aspects and music. Only downfall is that the new tracks aren't as good as the originals. Great to see the beat em up genre going strong.
  10. May 3, 2020
    The characters are moving too slowly, and they don't have enough countermeasures to deal with the danger. Even on normal difficulty, I find it difficult. Of course, I'm not saying that the game should be easier, I just want to say that the difficulty is out of balance... There are also too many accomplishments and trophies required for a single player, so why encourage us to play a singleThe characters are moving too slowly, and they don't have enough countermeasures to deal with the danger. Even on normal difficulty, I find it difficult. Of course, I'm not saying that the game should be easier, I just want to say that the difficulty is out of balance... There are also too many accomplishments and trophies required for a single player, so why encourage us to play a single player game that is better suited to multiplayer? I think players should be encouraged to play together. Also, Online mode can only be played by 2 people, so I think it should support at least 3 people (I know online level is probably designed for 2 people, but I think it should be designed for 3 people too). Some people thought the graphics were a little cheap, but I liked it, which is one of the reasons I bought it. It just wasn't rich enough, some levels in the game are too short, the enemies and bosses in the second half of the story were reused, and some of the characters looked like street fighters...
    Finally,the game really isn't good enough. But I would like to say that I like this type of game, I hope the game market can be more of this type of game, and bring us online cooperation mode.
  11. May 1, 2020
    Exactly what we could expect from it. Great job from developers for this work. Making a new street of rage was not an easy task.
  12. Apr 30, 2020
    I played first 3 chapters 26 years ago and I’m strongly reccomend this chapter.game of the year
  13. Apr 30, 2020
    Streets of Rage 4 is an incredible return to the roots of the beat em up genre but with a modern twist that transforms the legacy and makes you feel that 26 years have not passed since the last game.
  14. May 1, 2020
    what can i say about a game that I waited for 26 years? ITS GREAT, I will not compare this game with the old ones because with almost three decades apart the game obviously has many differences,the street of rage franchise has always been well known for its excellent gameplay and soundtrack, in both aspects this game does not disappoint, if i could i would change one thing or anotherwhat can i say about a game that I waited for 26 years? ITS GREAT, I will not compare this game with the old ones because with almost three decades apart the game obviously has many differences,the street of rage franchise has always been well known for its excellent gameplay and soundtrack, in both aspects this game does not disappoint, if i could i would change one thing or another but overall I couldn't be happier, I feel like a kid playing my favorite 16bit franchise again. Expand
  15. Apr 30, 2020
    This is Streets of Rage without a doubt, anyone who says otherwise has NEVER played an SoR.
    It doesn't help that someone called the game slow yet IT'S THE FASTEST PACED SOR to date.
    Instead of just mashing this time though, the elegant juggle physics allow for some pretty sick combos between you and your partner that weren't really possible before. Combined with the series' entire soundtrack and every character that's ever been playable in SoR history, this is the definitive SoR experience.
  16. Apr 30, 2020
    It is perfect so good game, una de las mejores sagas de la historia no merece menos como reconocimiento 17 personajes y 12 mapas con una musica sublime es dios .
  17. Apr 30, 2020
    This is quite the masterpiece. Stands tall alongside Streets of Rage 2. The amount of care that went into this project is one of the highest I've seen in a continuation of a classic - much like Sonic Mania and Megaman 11. Bought on PS4 even though I have Xbox Game Pass. Much recommended
  18. May 1, 2020
    It captures everything that made the first three SoR games good and adds a little more with a modern flair on the retro classic.

It delivers on both nostalgia and novelty at the same time. The execution here is almost perfect. The music and art style are different than the originals, but I thought they were both major improvements which enhanced the experience, they did not detract from it. There are moments where the music just lines up so perfectly with the action it will give you shivers.

The only downside is the game is really short, but it is certainly worth $20. I recommend playing on hard difficulty from the start to extend the experience.

Anyone who says this is not Streets of Rage never played the originals. This is Streets of Rage to its very bones. The Streetiest of Rages, you might say.

It's a almost unprecedented thing for a developer to make a true sequel to a beloved franchise 20 years later and pull it off in a way that doesn't suck, but by God those crazy bastards did it somehow.
  19. Apr 30, 2020
    Everything I had hoped for in a sequel I waited so long for, and more. One of my favorite game franchises.
  20. Apr 30, 2020
    Street of Rage вернулся во всей своей красе! Стоит отдать должное разработчикам - проделана скрупулёзная работа, начиная с арта, приятной общей визуальной картинки, музыкальной составляющей в духе лучших частей серии (ещё бы, привлекли создателя с первых двух частей) и заканчивая бережным сохранением старых механик и грамотным привнесением новых, при этом ничего не сломав по пути. ВиднаStreet of Rage вернулся во всей своей красе! Стоит отдать должное разработчикам - проделана скрупулёзная работа, начиная с арта, приятной общей визуальной картинки, музыкальной составляющей в духе лучших частей серии (ещё бы, привлекли создателя с первых двух частей) и заканчивая бережным сохранением старых механик и грамотным привнесением новых, при этом ничего не сломав по пути. Видна любовь к наследию: в некоторых моментах просто хочется орать в голосину с отсылок на предыдущие части, ну и очевидный факт того, что добавили всех персонажей с предыдущих частей со всеми механиками. Лучшего продолжения и пожелать сложно. Об оптимизации говорить глупо, всё работает как часы. Ставлю 10 и иду играть дальше!)

PS: На низкие оценки от игроков можно просто не обращать внимания, так как это ньюкамерский вброс, а игра всё же делалась с большим упором на аудиторию не понаслышке знающую серию Street of rage
  21. May 6, 2020
    Коли почав грати, то ностальгія просто пробила!!!! Я к у старі добрі лампові дев'яності! Зараз через карантин проходжу гру один, але як тільки з'явиться можливість відразу зарубимся з друзяками як колись на MegaDrive!
    The Game is retro-bomb for all those gamers who play SoR on their MegaDrive consoles lately in 90th.
  22. May 3, 2020
    Fantastic game! This new Streets of Rage entry manages to keep the classic gameplay style SoR that fans love, yet evolved with a deep combo and juggle system that requires player skill and training. It feels rewarding and fun to master the characters.

Amazing graphics with very detailed and fluid animations running at 60 frames per second. The music and sound effects keep the high quality as standard for the series.

Highly recommended for Streets of Rage fans and beat-em up players, especially for people looking for a coop game to play with a friend (it has an option to disable friendly hits).
  23. May 3, 2020
    An amazing modern sequel to one of the best games of the 16-bit era.
    They have made the hardrawn characters moves and gel with the world so well.
    The game is a furious and incredibly fun brawler with incredibly tight controls.

Perfect. Absolutely perfect.
  24. May 1, 2020
    Nostalgia pura, muito legal de jogar em cooperativo com os amigos, me faz voltar na epoca que eu jogava os Stretts of Rageno mega driver, valeu a compra na Steam Argentina por R$20,00 haha
  25. May 9, 2020
    Cheap and unfair enemies with super armor, unfair boss attacks and i- frames kills this game completely. If a game feels unfair even on easy there is something wrong. I played through the original SoR many times and it never felt this cheap... Had high hopes finally a new SoR and then this... no thank you.

It looks nice.
  26. May 4, 2020
    Wow, this game has blown me away! It is shocking how faithful to the genesis classics this game is. Excellent beat em up gameplay that rewards replays and finding new combos. Tons of fun with a friend as well. Would recommend to every gamer.
  27. May 2, 2020
    Clearly does 'add' to the genre while giving me the same or more satisfaction as the earlier entries. So much replay value, everything has been cranked up and I'll be coming back to this game for years to come to beat that combo or finish on Mania difficulty! Excellent
  28. May 4, 2020
    This game is awesome, a love letter to everyone who loved the old trilogy.
  29. May 2, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. تيزرزيزيزوؤنؤنيزثزبزرمسمنسنيزسم كةحبكسمسظضظظؤكءكسكسكسميمسمسمسمسزسزسزوسزسوسوسوسوسوءتءمكلححضحضخصخهثم٣خ٣هقهقهبهرخرخرخمضمضظ٢م٢ظيززيزيظرظرزرزرزؤزؤز Expand
  30. May 3, 2020
    Прошли с другом за один присест. Приятно вернутся в то время, когда ты играл в неё первый раз. Современная графика, дополнили геймплей и персонажи. Можно играть в 4 и тогда вы окунётесь в полный хаос, вы будете в восторге, если друзья, такие фанаты же, как и я.

Эх...Ностальгия...

Эх...Ностальгия...
  31. May 1, 2020
    Its perfect...feels so good to play it like old games...they fit game so good with new generation...music is amazing...gameplay is dynamic and so fun and you can enjoy a lot...thanks for this game
  32. May 1, 2020
    Obrigatório para qualquer gamer que gosta de beat n up. Um ótimo game, que resgata um estilo de game, que ha muito tempo, foi deixado de lado pelas produtoras.
  33. May 1, 2020
    It makes no sense, qualify with less ... Just a gem that deserves to buy in physical ... I hope more Dotemu / SEGA collaborations continue like this!
  34. May 2, 2020
    Зарегистрировался на сайте только ради этого отзыва. Я прошёл все 4-е части игры.
    После третей части много воды утекло. Однако возвращение серии получилось на ура!
    Большое спасибо. Игралось хорошо но не идеально. Минусы: 1) Не все персонажи бегают!( медленно... 2) нету перекатов вверх и вниз 3) нету приёмов с оружием => => X 4) что бы открыть старых персонажей, нужно несколько раз
    Большое спасибо. Игралось хорошо но не идеально.

Минусы: 1) Не все персонажи бегают!( медленно...
    2) нету перекатов вверх и вниз
    3) нету приёмов с оружием => => X
    4) что бы открыть старых персонажей, нужно несколько раз пере пройти историю
    игра уже надоест к тому времени когда я начну играть классическим персонажем
    5) игра короткая

Плюсы:
    Адам, графика, музыка, история (жаль без разветвлений), перехват вражеского оружия, восстановление здоровья после спец. приёма, комбо удары, взаимодействие с окружением, кооператив, мультиплеер и так далее
  35. May 2, 2020
    Played the orginals as a kid and this did not disappoint in the slightest. For those complaining about the art style then you should know, in the audio and visual settings, you can set it to retro, but it looks iffy, retro sound is nostalgia. Also as you play though arcade, you can unlock sor 1, 2, 3 versions of the character's for even more nostalgia
  36. May 2, 2020
    I remember in first grade playing the very 1st streets of rage on the sega genesis and from then on i was a fan. Streets of rage on the game genie was my all time favorite. The games mechanics are amazing and addictive with combinations you can unleash and special moves makes this game my favorite game of 2020 so far!! Highly recommended game.
  37. May 3, 2020
    I was a bit scared about this game... waited so long for a sequel it would be easy to be disappointed but no the devs did a great job. They clearly understood what is SOF and you can guess they are big fans.
    Songs are great (it demand to be listen more than once and till the end cause there is a lot of variations) my fav is « Cruise Ship-storm boat ».
    I’m not a big fan of the new design,
    I’m not a big fan of the new design, looks like cheap French animation. Would prefer a more Japanese style.
    Hope we will have new Playable characters and why not an episode 5 !
  38. May 3, 2020
    This game is incredible! From a longtime fan of the series your getting everything you loved from 1-3 (minus run but I’ll get back to that later) plus some. I would have loved to be able to run but the addition of air combos was a nice touch. I was a detractor of the art style but after seeing it in motion I’m sold. Quick fluid gameplay, awesome soundtrack and the ability to spank cheeksThis game is incredible! From a longtime fan of the series your getting everything you loved from 1-3 (minus run but I’ll get back to that later) plus some. I would have loved to be able to run but the addition of air combos was a nice touch. I was a detractor of the art style but after seeing it in motion I’m sold. Quick fluid gameplay, awesome soundtrack and the ability to spank cheeks with some personality. MUST BUY! Expand
  39. May 3, 2020
    Hermoso trae de vuelta los clásicos arcades de los años 90´s , rejugable, gráficos y sonido de ensueño que nos traslada a las mejores épocas de los beat it up , SEGA lo has logrado otra vez.
  40. Apr 30, 2020
    This is a game made from admiration and passion. Filled with easter eggs to the original trilogy. Fan service, but well thought out, produced and tested. DotEmu and LizardCube have fully understood that Streets Of Rage is rhythm-based (both gameplay and OST), and highly replayable. We could imagine it on an arcade machine and play non-stop. Well done! It would be the best of the entireThis is a game made from admiration and passion. Filled with easter eggs to the original trilogy. Fan service, but well thought out, produced and tested. DotEmu and LizardCube have fully understood that Streets Of Rage is rhythm-based (both gameplay and OST), and highly replayable. We could imagine it on an arcade machine and play non-stop. Well done! It would be the best of the entire saga if it were not for the nostalgic component of its second part. Expand
  41. Apr 30, 2020
    Fantastic, it brings me back to playing SoR in my bedroom on my Genesis, only with better graphics, art and more game options. Definitely a lot of fun, looking forward to playing with my friends online (Steam allows for 4 player online through Steam Remote Play) since it seems like it'll be even more fun than it has been just playing solo.
  42. Apr 30, 2020
    If you are a OLD SCHOOL gamer you will love this game , (best if you play with a friend )
    this game is the perfect next generation of Street of rage, graphic look very good and the musicccc keep the same feeling from 1990+

i want to buy the physical copy but is too expensive , anyway a great game !
  43. May 1, 2020
    Получилось определенно очень круто.Стилистика,дизайн,музыка...Эта игра определенно сохранила ретро стиль,и показала что то новенькое в плане боевки.Желаю дальнейших успехов DotEmu
  44. Apr 30, 2020
    If you like SoR, SoR2 and SoR3 you’ll like this game. Of course there is room for improvements but it’s a true successor of the series. The best thing is you can play the game with characters from SoR, SoR2 and SoR3. I love it.
    I prefer SoR2 overt this, maybe because it was one of the firsts games I played in my life and brings me back memories from those Mega Drive glorious days. But I prefer this over SoR or SoR3.
    I'd love to see more unlockables, and more stages, and path choices. For a 2020 video game, this is a lack. but overall I like it and I’ll play for many hours more.
  45. Apr 30, 2020
    O melhor Streets of Rage de todos os tempos, gráficos, jogabilidade, quantidade de personagens, trilha sonora, modos de jogo, multiplayers ou seja um jogo completo.
  46. May 1, 2020
    The beat’em up king is back.

Streets of Rage 4 is a very well-polished brawler game, where it’s pretty obvious that the people responsible of bringing this franchise back to us are true fans of the series, and the genre in general. The controls are tight, the frame-rate is 60 FPS smooth as silk, as it should be, and everything feels in the hands of us, the players. The game is not
    The beat’em up king is back.

The controls are tight, the frame-rate is 60 FPS smooth as silk, as it should be, and everything feels in the hands of us, the players. The game is not easy, as it should be, because it has plenty of depth on each of the characters to learn a lot of stuff in the form of different combos, combined with juggling mechanics, special moves that remove a temporal portion of HP, that we then we can recover by hitting enemies without getting hit (usually takes a couple seconds at best, but we need to be careful, which adds to the tension and concentration), and even star moves.

Most of the stuff present in the previous three games is in SoR 4 in some form or another, it’s not a carbon copy of the same formula, but a good improvement in my opinion, without disrespecting the originals of course, they are, after all, classic games, and they should remain as that, great games worth re-playing over and over and over. I feel the same for SoR 4, it scratches that itch “need to play again, one more time, this time I’ll do better”, we all know how that feels, don’t we? Like many classic games from the 90s, 8 and 16 bit games, they weren’t long games, but they were difficult, and for a good couple hours, they were all worth playing again and again, and this is what SoR 4 captures, among many other aspects of its predecessors, in my opinion.

The amount of little throwbacks and easter eggs from previous games is also there, of course, as expected, and overall it feels like a true joy playing this game when one did experience those great times back in the 90s with our friends, sitting on our couches, playing on the good old fat and trusty CRT TVs, with chunky controllers in our hands.

And the music…it’s amazing, and I’m talking about the new tracks, with some remakes of the classics, but the thing is…that’s not all, we can also use the old SoR1 and SoR2 tracks too, for all the stages…it’s simply beautiful, but the music team in charge of the re-imagined tracks and the new ones also did a very good job in my opinion and they really fit the tone of the game quite well.

Of course, a review of a PC game needs to contain some info on how the game runs, and other particulars: the game isn’t demanding at all, just take a look at the minimum and recommended specs, they’re made so it can run on a potato. One thing I found is that the game relies a lot on one single CPU core, at least on my Ryzen 5 3600, but with any average computer out there shouldn’t be much of an issue maintaining the 60 FPS target the game is designed around.

The resolution seems fixed at 1080p, probably due to design / art style decisions, I can understand that, and the controls are fully rebindable, including the gamepad buttons, and we can use Xbox, PS or Nintendo Switch button icons, no matter the gamepad used. When using Switch button layout, the “ok” and “cancel” actions are reversed, a nice touch for those that are fans of that setup with Nintendo and Japanese games.

The game also barely uses any GPU power, my GTX 1070 sits around 10-15% on Ultra settings so, yeah, the game should run well on a very wide range of PCs. There are quite a lot of Graphical settings to tinker with, which is surprising for a game like this, so in the case anyone has a bare minimums PC, very ancient…it should be possible to regain some performance, but other than that, anyone with a somewhat “modern” machine shouldn’t need to worry much.

I have no testing time on the online part, but I’ve read reports of some lag and frame-rate issues when playing online, with the developer being aware of it though, a patch should be out in a few days, hopefully.

All in all, great beat’em up game worthy of its name and legacy, and a very needed addition on a space that was quite starving, albeit with some decent games out there, but very few, so another great game was very much needed, and here it is indeed.
  47. May 1, 2020
    Uma celebração magnífica aos anos 90, época de ouro nos videogames, impressiona a cada fase!
  48. Apr 30, 2020
    Absolutely stunning sequel to a beloved 1990s franchise.

Absolutely stunning sequel to a beloved 1990s franchise.

SOR4 feels, sounds, plays and even looks like Streets of Rage. I disagree that this game is heavy on nostalgia; this just doesn't do the game justice at all. In of itself, SOR4 is a very good game, very polish game that you just don't get anymore these days. They nailed the beat'em up aspect, the stage layout, the colors, the sound ; the fact that they respect the lore of Streets of Rage is just a big cherry on top and I am thankful for that.

Buy this now.
  49. May 5, 2020
    Amazing game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  50. May 5, 2020
    Almost perfect game. I wish I could play as Max and Shiva as SoR4 cel shaded skins. And that the characters still could run and have specials with certain weapons via SoR3. Despite that it still has the really silly story of a group of vigilantes fighting crime with their fists. A simple beat em up with good music and vibes. Will play again, and again.
  51. May 4, 2020
    Отличное, качественное и классическое продолжение серии!
  52. May 2, 2020
    This Streets Of Rage 4 is disappointing. The graphics are cheap and do not match the spirit of the old Streets Of Rage. The music is not catchy, apart from some boss musics. In addition the gameplay allows even going back with the absence of energy bar for super attacks. Go play Streets Of Rage Remake!
  53. May 1, 2020
    I found beat em ups to be idle fun back in the day, but they had their own issues. On the surface it looked as if SOR4 was going to revamp all this to make things more fluid, more modern. It did not. You still get countless cheap shots, you are locked into combo animations only to watch as the enemy surrounds you. Wild jump kicks that don't appear to be on your 3d plane connect. Your powerI found beat em ups to be idle fun back in the day, but they had their own issues. On the surface it looked as if SOR4 was going to revamp all this to make things more fluid, more modern. It did not. You still get countless cheap shots, you are locked into combo animations only to watch as the enemy surrounds you. Wild jump kicks that don't appear to be on your 3d plane connect. Your power moves being knocked out by thinks like a jump kick. Blazes leg slice should never be overridden by a simple jump kick in ANY game. I actually just quit the game at the old pier because the game thought they should have a level where you can be kicked/thrown/punted off the pier for massive damage. **** THAT.

Beat em Ups kind of faded out because one on one fighting games offered better controls and a balanced gameplay. SOR4 does very little to fix that. It looks great, sounds great, but it is still a frustrating beat em up from the 80s. Another user put the finger on the games lack of defense options. No guards, dodges, or the ability to interupt combos to GTFO, and most of your power moves are completely interruptible. There is just so much disappointment when your trying to put the hammer down and small jabs hit you, you get jump kicked, or a boss just charges across the screen and grabs you.
  54. May 1, 2020
    Not as good as I hoped, sadly. 3 big things I disliked:
    ---POOR MUSIC CHOICE: SoR 1 and 2 were amazing, melodic, one of the best OST in 16bits games. SoR3 killed the atmosphere with noisy experimental music and this game instead of the well-loved first games, chooses a non melodic style closer to the 3rd. Why would they do that? And where's the Stage Clear tune? :(
    ---TOO DARK, TOO
    Not as good as I hoped, sadly. 3 big things I disliked:
    ---TOO DARK, TOO DIRTY: Scenarios used to be colourful and nice to the eye. Instead of the 80s-90s style, the ones here look like a post-apocalyptic rioty mess, all dirty and decadent. Instead of saving a cool city that someone is f*ing up, I feel I'm in a f*ed up city where there's just trash everywhere.
    ---SLOW MOVEMENT, OFTEN FRUSTRATING COMBATS. Why can't the characters run?? Many things seem copied here from the SoR Remake the fans made years ago, yet this game missed key elements of the gameplay they did saw as key: the freedom of running and dodging attacks. Then there's things that feel weird like some enemies who are immune to your hits, and some enemy attacks that are unstoppable: if a guy throws me an air kick, I want to be able to stop it with a great uppah! Have options beyond just causing damage or skipping things jumping like a rabbit or using the special attack.

GOOD STUFF: taking away these 3 things, which really dissapointed me as a fan of the first 2 games and the unofficial remake, the game is a pretty solid one. The new combo system, and coordinated attacks between the several players are really cool. Having more than 2 players on screen is great too. I'm not sure there weren't better alternatives to the comic style for the graphics, but this one does work quite well. And there are nice surprises like being able to go into the arcades to live old moments.
  55. May 1, 2020
    Very Nice game, but it could include some improvements made in SOR3, like running, different colors to the team
  56. May 4, 2020
    Нуууу,не знаю даже с чего начать.Большой поклонник первой части.Может по геймплею она немного не такая разнообразная,как следующие,но зато по саундтреку,Лору,качеству детализации персонажей и окружения,атмосфере-самая лучшая(Имхо).Но,почему-то,разрабы 4-ой части взяли за эталон 2-ую и 3-юю.Особенно это касается саундтрека и это сильно печалит,во 2-ой и 3-ей части саундтрек был простоНуууу,не знаю даже с чего начать.Большой поклонник первой части.Может по геймплею она немного не такая разнообразная,как следующие,но зато по саундтреку,Лору,качеству детализации персонажей и окружения,атмосфере-самая лучшая(Имхо).Но,почему-то,разрабы 4-ой части взяли за эталон 2-ую и 3-юю.Особенно это касается саундтрека и это сильно печалит,во 2-ой и 3-ей части саундтрек был просто ужаснейший,если сравнивать с первой.Так вот 4-ая часть по музыкальному сопровождению настолько же плоха,жалкая попытка заремиксить большую часть мелодий из 2-3 части.Абсолютно не запоминающиеся мелодии.Почему нельзя было взять и послушать,как заремиксили мелодии фанаты,взять тот же самый Streets of Rage Remake-шедеврально же переработано в плане звука.Функцию «оригинальный саундтрек» лучше бы вообще не вставляли,начинается абсолютно невозможная 8-битная вакханалия и какофония.Короче,желания бежать и срочно качать OST Streets of Rage 4 не появилось точно,в отличие от саундтреков из SoR 1 и SoR remake.
    Графика-рисовка,в целом-сначала расстраивает,но потом привыкаешь,и все же на задворках остаётся мысль,что тут сэкономили на нас.Но зато прорисовано все очень детально и видно,что с любовью.
    Звук в самой игре-в целом отличный,но маловато озвучки голосовой,для 4-ой части можно было бы побольше фраз разных записать.
    Очень неплохой геймплей в целом,разнообразные рядовые противники,интересное окружение и оружие,но,иногда непонятно,вот тут вот этот бумеранг лежал,я его поюзал 1 раз и больше он на протяжении всей игры не встречается,как так?Создается впечатление,что для галочки делались некоторые вещи.Типа,бумеранг-есть,швабра-есть,звездочки ниндзя-есть.А то,что они по 1 разу и в 1 месте на 1 уровне только-так и пофиг,пускай водопроводными трубами и ножами наслаждаются,их запихаем тоннами и на всех уровнях.
    Боссы,нууууу,я конечно понимаю,что это хорошая традиция всей серии повторяться и некоторых боссов по 2-3 раза пихать,но вот в 2020 это то,что можно было бы поменять в серии.Справедливости ради,надо сказать,что повторяющиеся главные боссы обыграны сюжетно хотя бы.И то хорошо.
    С технической точки зрения,на мой взгляд,игра вылизана идеально,ни одного фриза,ни одного лага,никаких багов,дуалшок 4 работал идеально и даже с вибрацией корректной-тут твёрдая 5.Но читал на форуме в Стиме, что были жалобы на запуске на то, что игра схлопывается,вылетает,не видит джойстик или не работает вибрация, я с таким не столкнулся.
    Режим дуэль и кооперативное прохождение-это однозначно зачёт.В кооперативе весело, а в дуэлях раскрываются персонажи и их откровенный дисбаланс, поджигающий пукан и от этого становится ещё веселее.
    Своих денег Streets of Rage 4 стоит однозначно, если бы не саундтрек, рисованная графика, повторяющиеся боссы и слишком короткий сюжет-была бы игра года
  57. May 1, 2020
    A huge disappointment. Feels, and looks, wooden. No option to run for most (?) characters, just baffling. Look to the fan made Streets of Rage remake to see how things are supposed to work.
  58. May 4, 2020
    Fun for 10mn in co-op then extremely repetitive. I get bored after 2mn in single player. The gameplay is shallow and if you have not played the original games like me then there is not much to experience appart from boredom
  59. May 1, 2020
    This game is purely amazing.
    Missed good up-to-4 beat'em ups.
    So many emotions playing this game with your friends locally as we did in the good days.
  60. Apr 30, 2020
    Wow, this is nothing like streets of rage at all. Crappy flash-like art style. Forgettable music. Completely different gameplay. Someone buy these guys a megadrive and a SoR2 cart, they can't have possibly played any of the originals and still made this turd!
  61. May 2, 2020
    good game , even more enjoyable when playing online or in local couch co-op mode, bit pricey I thought as the main campaign was completed in 3hrs, and the other modes have limited appeal, am getting a bit bored of it after just 5 hrs play.
  62. May 2, 2020
    Well, its "Street of rage" definitely, loyal to the original ones. But actually too loyal! some game-play bugs are steel there specially in movement and fighting. Music and UI are great. Overall, worth it to spend money and time. Thanks SEGA.
  63. Apr 30, 2020
    The presentation is very good. The character designs are aesthetically pleasing as well as the backgrounds.
    The music is uninspiring and very forgetable.
    The music is uninspiring and very forgetable.
    The gameplay is stuck in the past for the wrong reasons. Like the originals it's too repetitive, rigid, limiting, restrictive. It pushes you to play in a pre determined way instead of finally giving the players freedom to express themselves.
    The few new mechanics implemented like throwing and retrieving weapons and the super attacks were good innovations but still too little to trully modernize the franchise.
    The need to collect stars to perform a super it's very unsatisfying. Instead they could've used a "rage bar" that would fill either with the damage you take or deal. It would feel more earned.
    A big issue is the lack of deffense options such as dashes for all characters, dodges, block, parry and counters.
    The use of cancels could help in prolonging and creating more combos, or just cancel them in order to escape an incoming attack.
    Streets of Rage needs a more diverse and modernized combat system. Be stuck in the past for nostalgia only is not good enough.
  64. Apr 30, 2020
    This has nothing to do with streets of rage, it's a completely different game
  65. Apr 30, 2020
    I'm so pissed off!!! Wait for years to play a new SOR game but they developed a game that's nothing like SOR at all. Did these guys ever even played the previous game?

As a beat 'em up game, it's nothing special and boring a lot. It's not how a beat 'em up game should be at all. Ignore the positive reviews, they are probably the developers who try to increase the rating. What a dishonest people!!!
  66. Apr 30, 2020
    wat happnd to mah man axel man? i cn't beliv it nooooooo. whyu do dis du me?
  67. May 14, 2020
    The devs of this game probably never played a classic SOR game cause they do not understand what a best em up is. The game hardly remembers to the classics. There are some things done well and some things done horribly wrong.

Positive (+) + Classic style gameplay, thankfully there is an option to choose that, otherwise it would be a negative + The option to choose retro music, cause

Positive (+)
    + The option to choose retro music, cause the new one is mediocre at best
    + The ability to replenish the small ammount of health lost after a special move by hitting enemies, sadly it takes many hits to recover it, so most of the times you are going to get hit while doing that and loose even more health
    + The powerful special move used by collecting stars, it works well but it does not do enough damage to the bosses
    + Some cool secrets (like the retro stage) and decent combos to make
    + The animations are fluid and good looking, but I don't like the hand-drawn artstyle

Negative (-)
    - Awful hitbox detection, making combat very slow and confusing
    - Enemies will have advantage most of the time, either by moving faster or by punching first
    - Unfair boss battles and combos against the player, looks like the AI can make complex combos without a problem while the player gets handicapped constantly by limiting combos and damage done
    - Unforgiving, brutal and artifficial difficulty, even on Normal. That is the reason why the game has unlimited credits. I would rather play a fair (somewhat forgiving) game with not very limited continues
    - Ugly characters, even Axel, looks awful, and not only does he look old and ugly, but he is also pretty bad in combat. Blaze is the only good lookin character in this game, gimme a break Sega.

While this game deserves a 5, I would go ahead and give it a 6/10, an extra point just for nostalgia and for the fact that they revived a long time dead franchise, thx for that I guess. but they could have made a much better game with better controls, because this controls are terrible. Hope SOR 5 is better than this failed attempt.
  68. May 8, 2020
    An amazing return to form for the classic series. Not only a sequel faithful to the tone and feel of the original, but a fantastic game on its own strengths, one I would recommend just as strongly if it were a new IP. Also has one of the most infectious soundtracks in recent memory; I'm hoping they make it purchasable through Steam soon.
  69. May 20, 2020
    still doesn't works, 3 weeks i can't play this game, xbox game pass pc, i uninstall,, sorry
  70. May 7, 2020
    I wish the game had a slightly faster pace, the music doesn't fit the atmosphere very well and it's pretty forgettable as a whole, but by in large those are the only two things that I dislike about this game.

The combo and special system is nice. It still drains life if you use a special, but you can gain it all back if you continue to combo enemies and maintain not getting hit, it's a simple addition to the SOR series, but it's a really nice one! and It allows strategy to widely open.

4 player local is a bit too much, but the 2 payer multiplayer is fun and is really where the replayability lies for me; after you've beaten the story and arcade modes and have tested out all of the characters of course.

This is SOR, if you like beatem'ups then go play.

8.5/10
  71. May 7, 2020
    This right here is one of the BEST beat’em ups to date. If you’re a fan of the original Streets of Rage games this is a most play. I downloaded on the day it came out but didn’t play it right away (Adulting lol). This morning before I made it out for work, I thought I would play some of it with my brother and almost left out late for work. The story is simple enough, but the controls andThis right here is one of the BEST beat’em ups to date. If you’re a fan of the original Streets of Rage games this is a most play. I downloaded on the day it came out but didn’t play it right away (Adulting lol). This morning before I made it out for work, I thought I would play some of it with my brother and almost left out late for work. The story is simple enough, but the controls and art style are so captivating. Many thanks to the men and women that put time and love into a very creative and fun game. Expand
  72. May 9, 2020
    I was actually skeptical when i saw the first pictures and i was so damn wrong, this game is just amazing. Sure it has all the flaws inherent to this type of game, but for a sequel to streets of rage it's just amazing... The graphics, animation, musics are perfect, i want to give it a 10 honestly but i'm trying to restrain my nostalgia.
    It's nice to play a game made with such care and
    It's nice to play a game made with such care and effort after capcom spat in my face with re3r.
  73. May 20, 2020
    Overall, this game was fun, has a refreshing and fun combo system. Local/online co-op is awesome and the option for 4-player local play is a great addition. Sadly, the replay value just isn’t there for me. The unlockables are all just nostalgic throwbacks that don’t really add anything new. They were extremely faithful to the SoR formula, which I know would please some hardcore fans.Overall, this game was fun, has a refreshing and fun combo system. Local/online co-op is awesome and the option for 4-player local play is a great addition. Sadly, the replay value just isn’t there for me. The unlockables are all just nostalgic throwbacks that don’t really add anything new. They were extremely faithful to the SoR formula, which I know would please some hardcore fans. Maybe I’m of a minority that expected “more” out of a 23 year gap and several console generations than another by-the-books-beat-em-up with a wafer thin plot featuring a cliché anime trope pretty-boy villain.

What I would have liked to seen:
    • “Choices” that could change enemy layouts, stage routes and outcomes.
    • Different endings.
    • Editor mode: man, this game is sorely missing an editor mode and I think it would have made a world of difference.
    • Character editor mode.
    • enemy randomizer would have been fun.
    • Different routes/stages in main campaign.

What pisses me off:
    • The removal of dodge/roll and run functions. For a game playing it so safe they removed two of the best additions in SoR2 and SoR3. I know Thor put on some weight but man even a light jog would have been cool.
    • Fat-Thor Axel, he looks like he’s been in his basement pounding doughnuts for the past “10” years.
    • Copy/paste of enemies with just a fresh coat of paint. Shiva, Dominatrix…they are all here. Been there and seen it all before.
    Other thoughts: this game just isn’t worth the price of $25 on release. I hope the developers use my contribution wisely and build another Streets or Rage worthy of what’s capable in the current gen.

sidenote: Check out Fighting Force on PS1, it was originally supposed to be the sequel to SoR series on the next gen. It never really hit the mark of the Streets of Rage charm but still a decent game nonetheless.
  74. May 12, 2020
    This game is great. I wasn't sold at the artstyle at the beginning but ended up loving it. The gameplay is top-notch. The specials actually make a lot of sense this time around with a nice risk/reward mechanic. The soundtrack is good.
  75. May 11, 2020
    Um jogo excelente, me fez reviver meus tempos no megadriver, so acho que deveriam inovar pra mostrar que esae estilo de jogo tem seu espaço.
  76. May 29, 2020
    Excellent game. Very fun to play. Difficulty is perfect, I will try to play some levels on hard. The music, the atmosphere, the feeling when connecting beats 10/10.
    Most negative comments are from people who cannot play well.
    Most negative comments are from people who cannot play well.

Excelente juego. Muy entretenido. La dificultad está perfecta, incluso me animaré a jugar algunos niveles en difícil. La música, el ambiente, la sensación al conectar golpes 10/10.
    La mayoría de comentarios negativos es de personas que no pueden pasar el juego.
  77. May 25, 2020
    Streets of Rage 4 is a fantastic return to form for one of the most beloved beat em ups of all time. It mixes traditional beat em up mechanics and modernizes them just that doesn't stray too far from its roots. You pick from 1-4 characters. Original mainstays Axel and Blaze from SOR 1, 2 and 3 return with the newcomers being Lyod and Cherry. My personal favorite would have to be Cherry,Streets of Rage 4 is a fantastic return to form for one of the most beloved beat em ups of all time. It mixes traditional beat em up mechanics and modernizes them just that doesn't stray too far from its roots. You pick from 1-4 characters. Original mainstays Axel and Blaze from SOR 1, 2 and 3 return with the newcomers being Lyod and Cherry. My personal favorite would have to be Cherry, she is the only character who has the unique ability to sprint, she also has some great move sets that lets her juggle multiple enemies in the air at once and launches them back down with a dive attack. Lyod is my second favorite, definitely the tank of the cast, he may move slowly, but makes up for it with his ranged attacks that allow him to grab enemies from a distance to either throw them back at other incoming bad guys, shock them or grab two targets at once and slam them together. There are roughly 16 stages to run through. It will probably take you no more than 3 hours to play it through it entirely, but not including extras from unlocking other characters like Adam from SOR1, the Original SOR Character Sprites, Versus mode and other difficulties to give you a better challenge.

Its Classic Beat em up goodness that any fan of the Gerne should not miss!
  78. May 30, 2020
    怒之铁拳4保留了当年街机清版动作游戏的优点并做出了些创新,可当年的缺点却依旧存在。这个系列不是清版格斗的擎天柱,它披着2020年世代的皮,却仍是90年代的内核,不求上进。它对整个游戏行业的作用只是续了那一口气,使90年代的清版格斗得以在游戏质量呈爆炸式增长的2020游戏世代苟延残喘,或许续的这口气有机会在当世的未来中觅得一线小众游戏之生机尚未可知。80/100(精良品质游戏)怒之铁拳4保留了当年街机清版动作游戏的优点并做出了些创新,可当年的缺点却依旧存在。这个系列不是清版格斗的擎天柱,它披着2020年世代的皮,却仍是90年代的内核,不求上进。它对整个游戏行业的作用只是续了那一口气,使90年代的清版格斗得以在游戏质量呈爆炸式增长的2020游戏世代苟延残喘,或许续的这口气有机会在当世的未来中觅得一线小众游戏之生机尚未可知。80/100(精良品质游戏)
  79. Apr 30, 2020
    It's baaaack! A lot of remembers of my childhood came to my mind. Retro never dies :3
  80. May 12, 2020
    This is what I want to call true successor of legendary SoR series.At first there were moments I would argue about but two weeks after release there no doubt left - developers made the right choises about all the aspects starting with artstyle and music (first time I felt a lack of 80s-90s atmoshpere from my favourite SoR1) ending with gameplay features.

I will not list all things I

I will not list all things I love in SoR4 just because it became one of my very favourite games ever. The experience is unforgettable.

Though I want to notice some disadvantages that stolen 1 point of my score:
    -we all know this beat-em-up genre doesn't need deep story but at least there could be longer and more interesting story scenes. Some characters really need better introduction (e.g. Ys and Max).
    -antagonists give no any impression of true villains (as it was with Mr.X) but couple of harmful kids.
    -guys what have you done with Axel? he definately did not deserve to be the weakest character in game. Never was his fan but I feel bad for poor guy haha
    -multiplayer is kinda unbalanced. e.g. duo mania feels much harder than solo cause of lack of healing items and points to get extra life.
    -last and the most important: developers should have paid more attention to bossfights (maybe it was really difficult to implement). don't know why but sometimes bunch of normal enemies feels more interesting (hi again, Max).

Summing up - despite all my complaints: 9 out of 10, AMAZING job guys, can't stop playing it!
  81. May 27, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First at all, the game it's funny. So good as far.
    The gameplay reminds the SoR 2, of Sega Megadrive. The com plays dirty on higher level, wich makes you take out your best to get the higher rank, as if you want tho. The music it's just amazing. And the boss mode test your might in game.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 47 Critic Reviews

1. May 22, 2020
    It’s a true sequel to Streets of Rage, with enough tweaks in its gameplay to make it relevant in this day and age, albeit without complicating the welcoming simplicity of the long-lost beat ‘em up genre. Fans of the series should definitely give it a try.
  2. May 22, 2020
    Despite the super armor mechanic, there’s still an absolute ton to love about Streets of Rage 4. The enhanced combo engine is a neat addition that can lead to some seriously insane beatdowns, four player local co-op’s great, and the sleek graphical style, fantastic music and bonus retro characters are all excellent accompaniments to an undeniably strong entry in the 2D beat-’em-up genre. It’s a truly wonderful return to form for a beloved gaming franchise that’s been absent for far too long.
  3. May 21, 2020
    Streets of Rage 4 is much more than just nostalgia and fan service. Streets of Rage 4 is the revival of the beat em' up genre and a must have no matter what.