- Summary: SUPERHOT is the first person shooter where time moves only when you move. With its gameplay and unique, stylized graphics SUPERHOT aims to finally add something new and disruptive to the FPS genre. See the bullets crawling towards you as you carefully plan your steps and aim your gun. EnjoySUPERHOT is the first person shooter where time moves only when you move. With its gameplay and unique, stylized graphics SUPERHOT aims to finally add something new and disruptive to the FPS genre. See the bullets crawling towards you as you carefully plan your steps and aim your gun. Enjoy the mayhem that is unleashed as you put that plan into motion. Dodge bullets. Take out your enemies. One step at a time. [SuperHot Team]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
SUPERHOT - Steam Greenlight Trailer
LEVEL (Czech Republic)Apr 12, 2016Amazingly addictive shooter raises the genre of action games from the ashes. You are the masters of the time and fun – what else could you wish for? Perhaps just a few more missions and a bit fewer of the technical issues. [Issue#262]
Feb 26, 2016Fresh, innovative, cool.
Brings real life into a dead FPS genre.
No more CoD-s and MoH trash please, more indie gems like this please.Fresh, innovative, cool.
Brings real life into a dead FPS genre.
No more CoD-s and MoH trash please, more indie gems like this please.
Superhot, supercool, super-addictive, SUPERFUN!… Expand
Oct 13, 2021Quem gosta de um bom FPS Single Player simplesmente deve dar uma chance a SUPERHOT.
Sua jogabilidade é perfeita, imersiva, e muito bemQuem gosta de um bom FPS Single Player simplesmente deve dar uma chance a SUPERHOT.
Sua jogabilidade é perfeita, imersiva, e muito bem elaborada.
Questões gráficas, sonoras e de enredo são quase imperceptíveis, pois todo o brilho do jogo está na sua gameplay.… Expand
Mar 24, 2016This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Brief Synopsis of Full Review]
Whereas many strategy or puzzle games last much longer than they should or wrap up much sooner than anticipated, I think Superhot nails just about the right amount of time to place an emphasis on standard gameplay. Before things can get too overused or stale the main content is over and it's onto the seemingly neverending variations of levels available to test yourself with. To add to replay value there are also differing "modes" that prevent the use of certain items or make the main objective be that you complete the level in a specific fashion, furthering adding elements of strategy and puzzle to the gameplay. Simple in concept and only relatively more complicated in execution, Superhot is super and it is hot.
Concept: Take the core of gameplay from any shooter and that gameplay will revolve around shooting, plain and simple. It's in the title just like it's in gaming DNA. Now add a twist where the entire thing moves in slow motion and you're prone to insta-kill enemies just as they can do so to you. Messes with your mind a little bit at first doesn't it?
Graphics: I personally loved the art style that permeates this world. Your enemies are brightly colored but not so detailed as to be fleshed out beyond mere polygonal shapes. The same can be said for the surrounding world, which lacks color but remains sharp and clear in its definite shapes and settings.
Sound: The sound work is nothing special or remotely spectacular but what it does is excellent pace the game along so that you never feel like you're chugging along slowly, rather playing through in a blur of speed alongside the constantly crescendoing and galloping soundtrack.
Playability: There should be no confusion here once the controls have been established, as your one and only goal is to move forward at all costs, eliminating those who dare to stand in your way and doing your best to survive their counterattacks.
Entertainment: For a title that revolves around slowing combat down, I never once felt bored or tired of the matters at hand and instead felt that much more tense and anxious as I made my way slowly but surely through the levels and the world.
Replay Value: Moderately High.
Overall Score: 8.0… Expand
Mar 23, 2016SUPERHOT has a new and innovative concept that I find really cool. This review would be 10/10 if not for the price. $23 is a bit too much forSUPERHOT has a new and innovative concept that I find really cool. This review would be 10/10 if not for the price. $23 is a bit too much for a game that does not have a lot of gameplay. $10-$15 would be a great spot for the price of the game. Overall, SUPERHOT is an amazing game that looks nice and is very different from other games with little flaws for its experimental feeling.… Expand
Dec 3, 2016It's an innovative mix of a shooter and a puzzle which thinks a lot of itself. Unfortunately pretty soon the game becomes a boringIt's an innovative mix of a shooter and a puzzle which thinks a lot of itself. Unfortunately pretty soon the game becomes a boring trial-and-error grind of maneuvering around flying bullets and running enemies.
- time moves only when you move (but bullets still fly, although slowly, even when time is stopped), an innovative idea!
- an interesting system of menus, resembling that of Norton Commander and DOS. It was fun to just explore every "file" there and see the game of life simulation and other useless stuff
- laconic, minimalistic graphical design. I didn't like it much but didn't hate it either
- actions like punching an enemy, taking a gun, firing a gun all take some real time which isn't obvious at first and caused me some frustration in the early levels.
- the levels are just scripted sequences. You mostly stay at the same place, and enemies run from all directions, from behind doors and start shooting at you. This means that you will restart and restart the same level until you know where everyone will appear until you can beat it. Or you can rotate the camera after every step so as to see if anyone new has appeared behind you. Not a very pleasant experience.
Ultimately, this game is very shallow. As soon as the novelty wears off and you "get it", there isn't much left. But it's still worth a look.… Expand
Jun 21, 2016Making an Oculus exclusive game instantly makes you a **** dev and will ensure that I never buy or recommend your content. Either stop makingMaking an Oculus exclusive game instantly makes you a **** dev and will ensure that I never buy or recommend your content. Either stop making exclusives or close down.… Expand