7.8

1. Nov 17, 2019
    Superliminal starts strong, very strong. Puzzle mechanics are different enough for it to pique interest.
    Unfortunately after the third "wake" things go dramatically downhill. Puzzle solutions become more mundane less imaginative and the solutions become less intuitive, which is ironic given the idea of the game is looking at things with a different perspective. The game quickly becomes a Stanley Parable walking sim, which as good as that game is, is not something I signed up for by buying Superliminal.
    Although the game is short, it ran out of ideas well before the end point, and I was rather wishing for it all to be over about three quarters of the way through.
    I am sure you can sense my frustration here, because after first half hour I was sure I had stumbled upon a classic game.
    It is not without some charm and interest, and of its genre it is pleasant enough to play through.
  2. Dec 8, 2019
    Interesting puzzles, but not very challenging. Also game is pretty short. When I reached the end of the game, my first impression was "That's all?"
  3. Nov 29, 2019
    Good idea. Interesting mechanics. But it more like a tech demo than a puzzle game. You can do different interesting things with stuff in the game but puzzles are very easy to solve and it's all very linear. The game is also very short. Story is simple and doesn't deserve attention. Environments are pretty simple too. Nothing beautiful. Music is just OK. If not for "out of the box thinking"Good idea. Interesting mechanics. But it more like a tech demo than a puzzle game. You can do different interesting things with stuff in the game but puzzles are very easy to solve and it's all very linear. The game is also very short. Story is simple and doesn't deserve attention. Environments are pretty simple too. Nothing beautiful. Music is just OK. If not for "out of the box thinking" mechanics than it would have been 5/10 or even less. Expand
  4. Dec 2, 2019
    Superliminal is a game that tries to do too much with its unique game mechanic of perspective. The first hour feels fresh and exciting because of its concept. The idea of shifting depth and field of view to make things shrink or grow in size is an awesome mechanic. It is still invigorating to move puzzle blocks to get bigger and see what potential routes I could do, if I wanted to speedSuperliminal is a game that tries to do too much with its unique game mechanic of perspective. The first hour feels fresh and exciting because of its concept. The idea of shifting depth and field of view to make things shrink or grow in size is an awesome mechanic. It is still invigorating to move puzzle blocks to get bigger and see what potential routes I could do, if I wanted to speed run this later. Unfortunately, this game has a big problem on its lack of depth. Beyond that first hour, you'll be doing similar puzzles where the "perspective" mechanic starts feeling mundane with nothing new coming to the forefront unless its something completely different (e.g. East/West Puzzle). Many of the new puzzles you'll experience only come during the 3rd act of the game, and are one offs. This is a big issue because that relinquishes the notion of learning, which is integral to puzzle games, because you'll never use that new knowledge ever again.

Also, this game's "story" is not really a story. It initially feels like something out The Stanley Parable because of its reverb-heavy, omniscient voice. Except, they replaced the humor and wit with parental lecturing. One could argue that the exposition dump in the 3rd act of this game could be the story, but the fact it comes so late makes me believe that the story was more an afterthought. It does kinda piece things altogether, but when you have no real foundation of what is occurring, I believe its best to scrap the story. I think the game's story would have been far more cohesive and streamlined if players are given the choice to figure out the underlying story through the puzzles and items that can read/picked up (i.e. The Witness).

When it comes to visuals of the game, it does run pretty hard for me and there was no setting changing that I could find with my game. I am a little upset by that. I don't have the strongest system, but I was able to run at 60FPS without screen-tearing. The landscapes are pretty well detailed and look nice. It looks very similar to textures from The Beginner's Guide. It's by no means ugly, but it's nothing to shout about either. I cannot speak much about sound, but I did find the game's base settings to be quite loud.

Can I recommend this game? No. The concept of superliminal is pretty cool, but its an incredibly short game that gets tiring pretty fast. I hope that a larger company is able to take the Superliminal Guys and make it a triple AAA title that could be a spiritual successor to Portal. That would be an amazing product, and could be one of the greatest puzzle games in the 2000s. As for right now, I cannot recommend it because its too short and tedious for those who are fans of puzzle games.

5.5/10: Wait for absolute bargain-bin sales.
  5. Nov 15, 2019
    This game is simply mind bending and amazing. It’s like portal, but more about experiencing rather than puzzle solving. Your way of perceiving the environment will never be the same agin after finishing this game. Gameplay wise, the only mechanism is the forced perspective, it’s very tricky to explain to someone but amazingly intuitive. This level of innovation although is not quite PortalThis game is simply mind bending and amazing. It’s like portal, but more about experiencing rather than puzzle solving. Your way of perceiving the environment will never be the same agin after finishing this game. Gameplay wise, the only mechanism is the forced perspective, it’s very tricky to explain to someone but amazingly intuitive. This level of innovation although is not quite Portal level, it’s definitely good to see from floods of similar 3A titles these days. Expand
  6. Feb 8, 2020
    Portal meets The Witness. You solve puzzles where there are 2 basic mechanics: 1) when you pick up an object, its physical size will depend on where in the scene you drag it - while the size of the object on the screen stays the same, 2) certain objects may first exist just as distorted pictures on walls, possibly even scattered across several 3d surfaces - when you look at them from thePortal meets The Witness. You solve puzzles where there are 2 basic mechanics: 1) when you pick up an object, its physical size will depend on where in the scene you drag it - while the size of the object on the screen stays the same, 2) certain objects may first exist just as distorted pictures on walls, possibly even scattered across several 3d surfaces - when you look at them from the correct spot, they visually align, and you can create the 3d object.

Pros:
    - the novel mechanic of "physical size derived from render size on screen"
    - the novel mechanic of 3d geometry looking like something else from the direction where you'd approach it, and other ways of visually deceiving the player for a fun effect
    - some humor in the voice messages scattered throughout the levels

So-so:
    - overall the game reminds Portal which is a double-edged sword: it feels familiar but you also expect some crazy story with colorful characters but instead the story is somewhat bland

Cons:
    - levels feel a bit too repetitive, probably because there are too few 3D models which get recycled over and over.
    - somewhat laggy mouse. I don't know what engine they used or what it is exactly but the cursor doesn't immediately follow your mouse movements - as if the cursor were rendered in the scene, and frame rate were low

Overall, Superliminal is more live than The Witness but doesn't reach the cult status of Portal. 8/10
  7. Nov 13, 2019
    It is pretty good. It doesn't have much of a story, and it isn't real deep. The puzzles are so simple it is more of a walking simulator along the lines of The Stanley Parable or The Beginner's Guide than something like Portal. It is also pretty pricey at $17 (that includes the 15% launch discount) for a 2-3 hour game. Plus it is only on the Epic store right now, for PC only, and has noIt is pretty good. It doesn't have much of a story, and it isn't real deep. The puzzles are so simple it is more of a walking simulator along the lines of The Stanley Parable or The Beginner's Guide than something like Portal. It is also pretty pricey at $17 (that includes the 15% launch discount) for a 2-3 hour game. Plus it is only on the Epic store right now, for PC only, and has no controller support.
    But personally I thought it was worth it overall. It was a fun, trippy walking simulator if nothing else. A couple sections were fun enough to play around with even though I knew how to continue on. I've spent that much on 2-hour movies that weren't nearly as entertaining.
    I would much rather waste $17 than 3 hours of my time. I thought this was worth my time. But if money matters to you, there are longer, better, cheaper puzzle games out there.
  8. Nov 14, 2019
    Amazing, but too short. The game is completed in about 4 hours, the walkthrough on YouTube is for 1.5
  9. Nov 22, 2019
    Game with great potential that hasnt been used. When I bought this I thought its gonna be a puzzle game with levels like in portal or other games. Well, start is very addictive, but later it gets worse and worse. At the beginning we are solving puzzles then we are just walking around, the story is really shallow and it is supposed to be a "woke" game (like do something with your real lifeGame with great potential that hasnt been used. When I bought this I thought its gonna be a puzzle game with levels like in portal or other games. Well, start is very addictive, but later it gets worse and worse. At the beginning we are solving puzzles then we are just walking around, the story is really shallow and it is supposed to be a "woke" game (like do something with your real life etc). The worst part of this game is that, there is no easter eggs, the game is very linear. You can basically finish it in 1,30 hours. I dont recommend buying this game for full price (20$). It is not worth spending 20$ on a game where there is no graphic options and there are still several bugs. Overall it is worth checking but not for 20$. Expand
  10. May 22, 2020
    This is game is absolutely mind-blowing.
    Probably one of the best games I've played in my life time.
    Yes, it's short, but suffices to tell a good story.
  11. Jan 1, 2020
    Superliminal is a brilliant puzzle game with relevant message to everyone. One of the most important indi-games of 2019 and fantastic ending of this year. Highly recommend!
  12. Nov 25, 2019
    Superluminal is a fun and confusing puzzle game that's sure to make you think about your approach to many different obstacles. Without going too much in to detail, it's a journey of the mind that really forces you to wake up. Easily this is one of the best games post 2010.
  13. Dec 2, 2019
    It's a mindbending game with inspiration from the Stanley parable I believe. very good, but short i finished it in one sitting.
  14. Dec 21, 2019
    This would normally get a very high score. Unfortunately, Pillow Castle decided to abuse their copyright and only licensed their product to Epic Games under an exclusive license. As a result, their game is inaccessible to those opposed to Epic, and their game specifically endorses these immoral business practices.
  15. Dec 7, 2019
    I was so hyped about this one even before I played.

I was so hyped about this one even before I played.

Sadly idea of the game drained very quickly. I blazed through 1st part of the game as it felt like tutorial. Through the rest of the game I met 2-3 puzzles that really provided some intellectual challenge. Rest of them felt quite unfair as it was often about finding some minor thing to see or to click. Puzzle of green corridor loop would be awesome if not so detached from the rest of the game - it was huge difficulty spike.
    Ending of the game was even worse and if gone mad. Entire idea of ending was one big cheat - no clue what is wall or that to click.
  16. Dec 28, 2019
    It's fine though not a masterpiece but great. The main reason it's not a 10 is that the story and setting of it is very blunt to the point of being boring and cheesy though at least it doesn't resort to cheap jump scares like other games so at least it does that well. The other reason that makes it lose a point is that while the puzzles aren't necessarily unoriginal they do not make youIt's fine though not a masterpiece but great. The main reason it's not a 10 is that the story and setting of it is very blunt to the point of being boring and cheesy though at least it doesn't resort to cheap jump scares like other games so at least it does that well. The other reason that makes it lose a point is that while the puzzles aren't necessarily unoriginal they do not make you think they are revolutionary but they are still partly original especially if you haven't played that many 3d puzzle games before. Expand
  17. Dec 15, 2019
    Superliminal: If Portal and Antichamber had a baby.
    It's short--for me, about 2.5 hours. But this means it doesn't overstay its welcome.
    It's got a unique perspective-based game mechanic, and the game stretches this mechanic to its limit without becoming too repetitive. The puzzles were often very satisfying, and they became more obscure and interesting as the game went on. The story
    Superliminal: If Portal and Antichamber had a baby.
    The story is engaging but somewhat vague, and some of the story is told through the environment, like in the Portal games.
    But because of the nature of its gameplay--satisfaction coming from exploring a unique environment and finding the solutions to puzzles--it will not have much replay value. So if you're looking to get more mileage out of the $20 price point, this one may not be for you.
    Overall, Superliminal was a satisfying and unique experience, and if you don't mind the price for a once-through type game, pick it up.
  18. Nov 22, 2019
    Every once in awhile you are totally caught off guard by a game. You get a email with a review key, and you look at it with dread. I know you probably shouldn't. You should just go into games with open mind and accept your assignment, but when you're reviewing games daily it can get tiring and stale. Some times you see things , and just dread doing them. That is how I felt whenEvery once in awhile you are totally caught off guard by a game. You get a email with a review key, and you look at it with dread. I know you probably shouldn't. You should just go into games with open mind and accept your assignment, but when you're reviewing games daily it can get tiring and stale. Some times you see things , and just dread doing them. That is how I felt when "Superliminal" arrived. I thought here we go another indie puzzler "Who wants it" no one stepped up so I was like oh well guess it's mine. It didn't take long though to realize I had stumbled on to something really special. It took me back to he very first time I had discovered "Portal" Just a puzzler so intelligent , and unique in it's style. This might sound crazy, but "Superliminal" might actually go some where Portal didn't go. It might actually be more special. Note I'm not talking about Portal 2 the far more in depth title, but the original entry into the franchise. Superliminal brings first person puzzling a new element in depth perception and optical illusions.
    As you fall asleep with the TV on at 3AM, you remember catching a glimpse of the commercial from Dr.Pierce’s Somnasculpt dream therapy program. By the time you open your eyes, you’re already dreaming - beginning the first stages of this experimental program. That is the description given by the development team at Pillow Castle. It is just a really original and unique feeling. You have no idea what is going on, and why you are trying to solve these puzzles, you just do. As you advance and advance nothing ever feels the same, and that is rare from a puzzler. That usual repetitive feeling of puzzlers just isn't there. Every area looks and feels totally different. They all look amazing as well. The beautiful colors and well designed levels are just so easy on the eyes, You will find yourself looking at them for a good amount of time just trying to find your way so it's good they put so much time into their perfection. I can't put into words just how great these environments look and feel. I kind of worry that my intelligence level in description won't do this game justice either. The game is just so smart that way. It really never frustrates you, but still tests you at the same time. I wish i was better with words when it comes to reviewing "Superliminal" I hope maybe my score for it will help with expressing how I felt about it. I feel it's the best puzzler of 2019, and maybe the best since Portal 2.
    I would usually talk about music, but there really isn't any. I think that aids in the feeling of isolation. I think you really feel like you are there trying to escape. The narrator delivers almost the same level of excellence that Glados did. You really question yourself who is this guy, and why has he put me here. That sticks with you all the way into completion when it all comes together.
    Is this for you? If you like puzzlers with out question. I'm not the guy that says not my genre. As a reviewer and gamer, I'm open to all types of games. I've never been one dimensional at anything though. I've always enjoyed different types of movies, foods, drinks etc. I've always went at life with I don't want to miss out on something , because I was to set in my ways. That has led me to many of great experiences. "Superliminal" will go into that category for me. I'm glad I decided to go against my original thoughts and ideas, and I hope you will to if given the chance to play this. It is so worth your time, and it is so not like anything else. If your feeling the grind of repetitive games I highly recommend you run over to the Epic Games Store and give it a try.

Pros: Beautiful well designed levels
    Realistic sounds and amazing narration
    Unique ideas and game play
    Spot on controls

Cons: Wish it was a little longer

Overall: 9.0 Superliminal is one of those games that just sneaks up on you, and sucks you in. In my opinion a puzzler Game of the Year contender. Would be my pick without question. Most fun I've had puzzling since Portal 2.
  19. Dec 26, 2019
    muito bom, realmente fico sem palavras muito bom mesmo serio vai la joga agora top muito bom de +
  20. Jan 8, 2020
    Completed in 1.5 hours, broke the game twice - first time at the kitchen when its revealed that blood is actually red paint - jumped out of bounds. Second time when there were supposed to be a paradox in switching houses - i became an ent and fell out of bounds in white space- not the one you are supposed to fall in. Whole plot is weak, puzzles are weak and i dont recommend anyone buyingCompleted in 1.5 hours, broke the game twice - first time at the kitchen when its revealed that blood is actually red paint - jumped out of bounds. Second time when there were supposed to be a paradox in switching houses - i became an ent and fell out of bounds in white space- not the one you are supposed to fall in. Whole plot is weak, puzzles are weak and i dont recommend anyone buying this game, torrent on your own risk. Expand
  21. Nov 13, 2019
    Un juego de puzzles 3D, muy al estilo Portal o Qube.
    Cuenta con una dinámica de juego innovadora que consiste en jugar con la perspectiva de los objetos, haciéndolos grandes o pequeños, según se necesite para resolver el puzzle.
    Es un juego sumamente fácil y se termina en menos de 2hs. Sin embargo es de esos pocos juegos que sientes que te deja algo al terminarlo...quizá te vuelvas más
    Un juego de puzzles 3D, muy al estilo Portal o Qube.
    Es un juego sumamente fácil y se termina en menos de 2hs.
    Sin embargo es de esos pocos juegos que sientes que te deja algo al terminarlo...quizá te vuelvas más creativo al terminar este juego.
  22. Nov 13, 2019
    Amazing game! Graphics are amazing, easy to control and interesting mechanics! Although the game is slightly buggy it is still a blast to play!
  23. Nov 14, 2019
    I don't know what all the people saying "it doesn't have a story" are talking about. They told the story they wanted to tell, and personally I enjoyed that far more than if they made it "deep" or bent it to what other people might have wanted to see. The only reason this isn't a 10 is because I ran into a single bug that made me re play part of a level. The overall graphics execution isI don't know what all the people saying "it doesn't have a story" are talking about. They told the story they wanted to tell, and personally I enjoyed that far more than if they made it "deep" or bent it to what other people might have wanted to see. The only reason this isn't a 10 is because I ran into a single bug that made me re play part of a level. The overall graphics execution is amazing, except for their lack of efficient shadow maps or whatever in a random room somewhere. The overall gameplay is one of the most unique things I've experienced.

At multiple places I thought I was stuck, and then I figured out what clever trick they played on me. Most puzzle games I have had to use a walkthrough or tutorial to figure out, but not this one. Puzzles in this were perfectly made to be figured out not instantly, but after some work. Although its playtime is only around 4 hours, those hours are totally worth it.

Overall pros: Incredibly unique, fun as a casual puzzle game, engaging but not hardcore story.

Overall cons: Occasionally glitchy, some FPS drops, shorter than many games at the same price point.

You should get it if: You don't want to play a normal game, you want a completely new concept, you liked portal or inception.

You shouldn't get it if: You don't like games that don't play fair, you get frustrated easily, you are pinching pennies and want 20 hours of entertainment for $20
  24. Jan 28, 2020
    Amazing game. I already knew the programmer did an amazing job, but i was not expecting the story and soundtrack to be amazing too. Not too challenging but it's duration made the game not tiresome (The game was short but it gave you a blast for those few hours). A lot of people didn't get the message of the story. Minor spoiler if you can't finish a 2-4 hour game. The final phrase reallyAmazing game. I already knew the programmer did an amazing job, but i was not expecting the story and soundtrack to be amazing too. Not too challenging but it's duration made the game not tiresome (The game was short but it gave you a blast for those few hours). A lot of people didn't get the message of the story. Minor spoiler if you can't finish a 2-4 hour game. The final phrase really made me realize how we use games as an escape from our problems. Expand
  25. Jul 31, 2020
    Pure genius, very relaxing and chilling experience , had a bad day a work ? had a bad day at school? just play this game. ( ALL) and i guarantee that you will feel much better.
  26. Mar 16, 2020
    Це, напевно, найкраща гра у світі!
    Як тільки я побачив трейлер, я зрозумів - це саме те, чого не вистачало ігровій індустрії. Глибокий підтекст, затягуючий геймплей та незвичайна стилістика, цього виявилося цілком достатньо, щоб створити гру на десятиліття.
    Це, напевно, найкраща гра у світі!
  27. Dec 28, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is probably one of the best games I have ever played. The concept and the visuals and the gameplay and the surprisingly emotional message at the end are everything. Expand
  28. May 29, 2020
    This feels like a $5-10 game. It took me 2.5 hours to beat this super-short game, and even then, I was just waiting for it to end.

The first half has decent puzzles based on 3 simple mechanisms. The 2nd half was almost entirely a guess-and-check walking simulator with many scripted events. If you're expecting something similar to Portal, The Talos Principle, or QUBE, skip this game. It's too much of a walking simulator to be considered a decent puzzle game.

Unlike most walking simulators, there isn't a story. Even an uneventful game such as "Gone Home" is 5x more eventful than this game. The ending was VERY WEAK.
  29. Jun 12, 2020
    If you are a visual thinker and have high spacial intelligence you are going to love this game. Short but full of mind bending and funny notes.
  30. Nov 21, 2020
    This game bug your mind and the show a different perspective about resolve problems
  31. Jun 19, 2021
    Actually one of the most interesting puzzles i've played for last years. The mechanics of perspectives and optical illusions are mind-blowing features of Superliminal, as well as amazing music and pretty nice written story. It wasn't too long or too short, it wasn't too hard or too easy. That was a pleasurable process.
  32. Aug 16, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Очень красиво оформленная, но чересчур простая игра. В конце даже есть нехитрая мораль, но всё равно разнообразия задач не хватает. Expand
  33. Jul 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good at the start but the puzzle where there were two doors really pissed me off. I was searching for playthroughs and nobody has the same puzzle as myself at all. The west and east signs in that looping puzzle was never there for me and I was left to wonder wtf is going on. Never played tthe game after that and never going back to this Expand
  34. Jun 13, 2020
    Superliminal is by far the bast game I played in the last few years. Even though it starts as a puzzle solving game that has a funny way of dealing with physics, the story is what caught me the most. especially in the last 20 minutes. It kind of reminded me of Kafkas "Trial" when you did not really know what was going on around you, but you just knew that you needed to comply in hope thatSuperliminal is by far the bast game I played in the last few years. Even though it starts as a puzzle solving game that has a funny way of dealing with physics, the story is what caught me the most. especially in the last 20 minutes. It kind of reminded me of Kafkas "Trial" when you did not really know what was going on around you, but you just knew that you needed to comply in hope that it will end.
    There was so much love put into the game, which makes it so awesome to play. I can only recommend to play this if you want to have a good time.
  35. Sep 20, 2020
    A really really good game. Great atmosphere, Great Soundtracks. One of the best puzzle games I've ever played
  36. Aug 5, 2020
    ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
  37. Jun 28, 2020
    Simply the most unique and awesome experience I've head in a video game! Must play for anyone who's looking for smth mindblowing!
  38. Jun 29, 2020
    Вообщем напишу на русском, эта игра - это действительно новые ощущения лично у меня за последние лет 5, некоторые головоломки просто взрывают мозг от того, что ты понимаешь как они проходятся и это очень круто. Решение головоломок очень не стандартно и действительно как мне кажется ново для игровой индустрии. При этом в игре есть жизненная мораль. Спасибо авторам данного творение, яВообщем напишу на русском, эта игра - это действительно новые ощущения лично у меня за последние лет 5, некоторые головоломки просто взрывают мозг от того, что ты понимаешь как они проходятся и это очень круто. Решение головоломок очень не стандартно и действительно как мне кажется ново для игровой индустрии. При этом в игре есть жизненная мораль. Спасибо авторам данного творение, я получил огромное удовольствие ! Expand
  39. Jul 7, 2020
    Great inventive puzzles. There are some moments that genuinely surprised me in there inventiveness and the way the mechanics worked. The sound design is brilliant. The visuals vary from quite basic to areas where the use of colour and perspective is something to behold. Would advise to anybody who enjoys first person puzzle games. Loved it.
  40. Jul 12, 2020
    This is such a good puzzle game with a very profound ending. The controls can be a little frustrating at times and you can break a puzzle once or twice but other than that it’s a perfect game. Would definitely recommend it.
  41. Aug 22, 2020
    Not since portal have I felt so gobsmacked by a game. There is some moments of utter brilliance that left me gasping for more!
  42. Nov 11, 2020
    Игра хуйня полная, никому не рекомендую.
    P.S Надеюсь спидран Арсения я все же побил
  43. Dec 26, 2020
    Fun and interesting concept, some of the puzzles actually had me checking walkthroughs to figure out how to handle them! Only complaint would be that it's definitely too short and seems to run out of steam in the last third of the game.
  44. Dec 20, 2020
    This game... i saw this game while on steam looking for a new game to play, i almost gave up till i saw this game. i almost didn't buy it but then i say the trailer, i proceed to buy it and beat it in a hour, i want to start off with the music. The calm piano in the back when you're beating a puzzle is so nice, i stopped mid level just to hear it and relax, and the fact that every levelThis game... i saw this game while on steam looking for a new game to play, i almost gave up till i saw this game. i almost didn't buy it but then i say the trailer, i proceed to buy it and beat it in a hour, i want to start off with the music. The calm piano in the back when you're beating a puzzle is so nice, i stopped mid level just to hear it and relax, and the fact that every level have its own piano music that you listen to is amazing, i think this is my new favorite piano music to listen to while doing work, its that good. Now the gameplay, it's really simple, you just find the cube or door to beat the puzzle, but you always get confused sometimes because the puzzle is that good. After the gameplay i want to finish with the ending, it's a really good ending, you think of what the narrator is saying and it gets deep because what he says is true. To conclude, this is a great game, to the point that you will probably beat it again, but if you're looking for a calm and relaxing game to beat on a weekend, get this you wont regret it. Expand
  45. Jan 1, 2021
    Superliminal is an interesting game, giving heavy Stanly Parable feelings it never stops surprising me with every turn on what could be around the next corner. Although I was misled on what I needed to do for one of the puzzles the ending is great as I was tearing through each stage as the narration happened.
  46. Jan 5, 2021
    I wish I could say that this game was good, but after playing it I have to say otherwise.

The problem is it's not much of a puzzle game. The only times I got stumped were the ones where I was stuck in a room until I figured out what object to pick up. Some puzzles got me excited (like one with a fan), but the solution was so mind-numbingly easy it was like it was negating there being a puzzle in the first place.

For the most part, this is a walking simulator (especially the last third of the game, which is the worst part and just feels like a slog). However, the story isn't interesting enough to make up for it. I ended up extremely bored for the majority of my time with the game.

The best parts of the game (for me at least) were chapters 3, 5, and 6, because they at least seemed to try to have puzzles or be like a normal puzzle game in any way. Unfortunately, they still fall play to the problem of insultingly easy and sometimes almost non-existent puzzles.

Even worse, the game only took me 2 hours, and that's with struggling on a few rooms for a while (again, not because there was a hard puzzle that I couldn't solve, but because I couldn't find the random object that I needed to pick up to move on). It's definitely not worth $23 CAD, and in my opinion, it's not even worth the $15 I got it for.

Buy this game if you want to walk in a straight line and resize boxes for 2 hours. Otherwise, look elsewhere.
  47. Apr 12, 2021
    This is game is is so good you need to be a genius to solve it was the worlds most unusual ending like I wasn’t expecting that ending the ending is so different from story it’s so unexpected

Mixed or average reviews - based on 35 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 14, 2020
    The forced perspective game mechanic alone makes Superliminal an essential buy for those looking for a new first-person puzzler. Both mind-bogglingly clever and hilarious use of environmental storytelling, the potential to be a classic is limited by its short play time and unnecessary exposition.
  2. Nov 26, 2020
    Superliminal offers unique gameplay elements for a fun evening, but the experience won’t leave an impact. Its perspective features turn out to be more of a novelty or a practical tech demo than a way to create an engaging narrative. While that alone might make it worth giving a try if you’re looking for an interesting experience, the idea of Superliminal works better on paper than in execution.
  3. Nov 25, 2020
    Superliminal is still a really solid puzzle game. Its innovative main mechanic is worth the price of admission alone, with Pillow Castle taking the time to evolve and experiment with the mechanic so no two levels are ever exactly the same. What it lacks in challenge, story, and length it makes up for with its commitment to its perspective-based premise, carving a genuinely fun puzzler that's sure to leave aficionados of the genre satisfied.