8.8

1. AndreC.
    Jun 1, 2009
    This is one of the best 4x strategy games out there. Easy to learn, tension to fight and hard to master. I love the races and the art style of the game. Give it a chance!
  2. ChrisM.
    Oct 8, 2008
    Another Excellent expansion. Perhaps not the 10 that Born of Blood was, but excellent. Many new ideas on the empire side of the game, which really fleshes it out a bit more then the simple expansion game it was. This might conflict with the combat focused gameplay of before, I'll know more once I've played it some more. Big con is that the voice acting for the new faction is a Another Excellent expansion. Perhaps not the 10 that Born of Blood was, but excellent. Many new ideas on the empire side of the game, which really fleshes it out a bit more then the simple expansion game it was. This might conflict with the combat focused gameplay of before, I'll know more once I've played it some more. Big con is that the voice acting for the new faction is a real disappointment, especially after the stellar performance on the zuul. But the gameplay is what really matters, and it is top notch. Expand
  3. ErickS
    Jun 22, 2009
    Much more to the game than first meets the eye. Those who review the game in a mere hour or so have no idea what the game contains. Designed do be playable for many years, and has many hidden surprises.
  4. RobertG
    May 27, 2009
    Excellent core game, excellent expansion. This still takes my vote for best '4x' strategy game on the market currently. Amazing support from the developers, great community, great multiplayer support.
  5. INewton
    May 29, 2009
    Been playing Sword of the Stars since the original. Now with all the expansions it just gets better. If there ever was a true successor to Masters of Orion this is it. Streamlines the complexity that some 4x games go into, but maximises on the fun parts of the game. Truly brilliant.
  6. TonyN
    Aug 28, 2009
    This is an outstanding strategy 4x title. I think it is the best one out there at the moment. Every race has a distinct style and sense about them. The multi-player functions smoothly and I have had many, many games with my friends, who also very much like this game. The graphics are adequate and the interface is very intuitive and easy to use. It is true that you have a limited ability This is an outstanding strategy 4x title. I think it is the best one out there at the moment. Every race has a distinct style and sense about them. The multi-player functions smoothly and I have had many, many games with my friends, who also very much like this game. The graphics are adequate and the interface is very intuitive and easy to use. It is true that you have a limited ability to control ships in combat but the feature to pre position your ships in whatever formation you want before turn end can help this a lot. Not overly complicated, but full of strategic depth I will definitely be playing this game for a long time to come. I would give this game a 9 but the 3 rating by one user is totally uncalled for so I am giving it a 10 to help cancel him out. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

The expansion also enhances your ability to interact with other races – something I’ve given the series criticism for in the past.
  2. A Murder of Crows offers some nice new features for vets, but is still pretty complex and unwieldy for newcomers.
    While it undoubtedly expands the options of the core game and brings in an inventive, engaging race, the lingering interface problems still frustrate out efforts to uncover the undeniable joys to be found inside. Despite its flaws, the game has earned its fans and they will undoubtedly enjoy the added options found here.