8.5

1. Jan 9, 2019
    So, here's my experience playing Syberia on PC.

So, here's my experience playing Syberia on PC.

The good times: I knew i was getting my self into a serious adventure game when i purchased Syberia. Story-wise,you start off with little or no information about where you are and why you're there, but as expected eventually you're finding clues that give you many details. You're Kate Walker, a lawyer who travels all the way from New York to a small village called Valadilene, to seal a deal (that's all the spoiler you're gonna get :P). The story unwinds smoothly. As you play the game,you begin to understand more and more about your (Kate's) personality and ambition as well as empathize with some issues going on in Kate's personal life. The script gets you going and makes you want to spend every single minute of the day just so that you (or Kate - I'm kinda confused now) make it to the finish line.
    The visuals are not much-as you’d expect from a 2002 game-but there is some great photography imprinted.

The bad times: Naturally, starting playing Syberia in 2018, almost 2019 it seemed like forever to go from one place to another. Kate's worst enemy is.....the stairs.Apparently double clicking makes Kate run, and that's something that should save you some time. But the overall back and forth trying to gather tools and information to solve the puzzle,makes it a little difficult to maintain your cool and make the best out of this experience. There where moments that i found it impossible to make some progress, because some things (not gonna say what) are really easy to miss. As a point and click adventure game, you have to swipe the whole screen many many times, just to check if there is a point of interest that you missed. I'm not gonna lie.. it took me some time to get used to some things such as Kate's stair-phobia.. but what matters, is that this game’s,story, the music the photography as well as the puzzles, won me eventually. Overall, I really enjoyed Syberia (as well as Syberia 2) despite the problems i came across..I mean, I really enjoy the country side, even though sometimes I know I'll come across some bugs..but at the end of the day, the overall country side experience feels rewarding and so pleasing that makes me want to go again.

Kudos to each and everyone that played the game in 2002 (when it was released) and actually made it without any walkthroughs--> that's some serious consistency there!
  2. MikeS.
    Feb 4, 2005
    Not a bad game, the graphics are alittle out dated by today standards. very linear gameplay.
  3. Jan 3, 2018
    Hikaye = 8
    Oynanış = 6
    Grafikler = 6
    Sesler = 6
    Keyif = 7
    Atmosfer = 7
    Süre = 7

1. It is really hard for a run-of-the-mill writer like me to do justice to Syberia in describing it. Ultimately all I can tell you is this: Play it yourself! It is not likely you will be disappointed.
  2. Plot issues, questionable voice acting and a frustrating control scheme mask an otherwise good adventure title.
  3. Game Informer