6.4

1. May 11, 2016
    I'm a hardcore Turn Based Tactis fan, I really blew my eyes out with Rebel Star series and Laser Squad back the days of the ZX Spectrum... replayed once and once more U.F.O. and Terror from the Deep, I enjoyed to death new XCOM and XCOM2, and found Frozen Synapse really enjoyable.
    MECHANICS are great, and the AI seem pretty decent. TASTEE borrows combat mechanics from Frozen Synapse, which means that you play simultaneously with the machine (or other players) and see the outcome of the turn. But I think they managed to make a far better interface, giving orders is much faster and different actions stacks very well in the same waypoint.
    On the THEME side, the motown late 70's style really catches me, game is not heavy on story, it is just a backup for the 30 solo play missions. I think they work pretty well and solidly, you have to make missions to obviously end the campaign and unlock new "anti-heroes".
    About MISSIONS, this is an squirmish game, so all look pretty much similar withing it's type (pickup, rescue, etc) but again it does the trick, focusing on the fight rather than the story and complex steps during missions.
    On the MULTIPLAYER side, I didn't played (I prefer to enjoy solo games rather than make other players wait for my turns) but probably it 'll work as well as Frozen Synapse (which I played A LOT).
    FINAL THOUGHTS : This game well deserves a 9, even a 9'5. I really enjoyed and I think it fills the gap for Turn Based fans which enjoy asthetics from games like Team Fortress 2 or Overwatch. And above all... price range is awesome for such a great product!

Mixed or average reviews - based on 15 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 28, 2016
    From the school of Frozen Synapse, a plan-and-go turn based tactical game which is going to shine in multiplayer.
  2. Jun 24, 2016
    In all ways well-designed tactical turn-based strategy is perhaps too close to Frozen Synapse, and it suffers with bugged controls, but for the fans of the genre it is still an obligation.
  3. Jun 2, 2016
    A turn-based tactical effort that manages to deftly marry cheeky style with small scale strategy, TASTEE Lethal Tactics might not be the most groundbreaking effort around but its charm and accessibility make for a compellingly fun prospect.