6.8

1. Jun 4, 2017
    I am convinced the people who are giving poor reviews have not even played this game.
    The game is incredible on PC, much more features than the arcade version. Im using a Qanba Obsidian stick and its perfect for this game. The game recognises all controllers without any issues. Tested 3 sticks so far, no problems. The game is deep and very rewarding to play. Have yet to find any issues with the PC version. Online is smoother than some games that have been out for a while (SFV).
    Its easily the best fighting game to come out in years. Ignore the poor reviews, they clearly have not played the game or are not fighting game veterans. highly recommended to those who love fighting games!
  2. Sep 3, 2017
    Good port, very scalable on PC, even on low end hardware the game is very enjoyable.

The loading time is annoying for a quick rapid succession of matches though. Story mode is now follow a single storyline with multiple characters, instead of per character. Arcade mode is shallow, but fighting game is about PVP multiplayer and that's where this game shine the most. The best

The loading time is annoying for a quick rapid succession of matches though.

The best thing is that the cross over works VERY well; Akuma uses Street Fighter system instead of converted into Tekken's. This has been proven failed on Street Fighter X Tekken, where all the Tekken characters adopt the SF system. Not just that, Akuma is very well balanced too, it's hard to spam the hadoken within the game, you'll need to do close up combos using this character too, but nevertheless Street Fighter player will feel very at home using Akuma.

Hopefully they will bring more cross over characters into this game (AFAIK Geese Howard from Fatal Fury is coming).
  3. Jun 2, 2017
    great game, smooth online. the haters are dumb, best fighting game in years. its tekken so prob too hard for some people.. its a fighting game doesnt need a story mode even, get online or w a friend and play it... I was playing vs my friend w another controller we had a blast, then took it online had even more fun, lag free.... if you think the other fighters are more complex than tekkengreat game, smooth online. the haters are dumb, best fighting game in years. its tekken so prob too hard for some people.. its a fighting game doesnt need a story mode even, get online or w a friend and play it... I was playing vs my friend w another controller we had a blast, then took it online had even more fun, lag free.... if you think the other fighters are more complex than tekken you dont know much about fighting games sorry not sorry.... and if you think rage is op you might want to learn to block and counter lol noobs Expand
  4. Dec 19, 2019
    This is my first game from the Tekken series and I am head over heels for it. I've played a bunch of fighting games over the years and this game hits the sweet spot for me. The current User Score barely reflects the quality of the game. It is content-rich. Beautiful. And most importantly, fun as hell.
  5. Jun 6, 2017
    Finally a Tekken game on PC, and a good one at that! Tekken 7 is a strong follow up in the long running franchise with great characters and good PC port (1080p 60fps ULTRA gtx 970). Compared to TTT2 there are very few characters, but it's always like that after a Tag game. If you compare this to Tekken 4, this is MUCH better. The only negative is that there's no "team battle" and theFinally a Tekken game on PC, and a good one at that! Tekken 7 is a strong follow up in the long running franchise with great characters and good PC port (1080p 60fps ULTRA gtx 970). Compared to TTT2 there are very few characters, but it's always like that after a Tag game. If you compare this to Tekken 4, this is MUCH better. The only negative is that there's no "team battle" and the graphics is sub par todays standards, and Tekken games are often knows to have great graphics "for a fighting game".

This puts Tekken 7 on a solid 9/10 and I would love to see all the old characters returning in some form of DLC, free or payed. I would also be more than happy if the next Tekken game also gets a PC release in the future.
  6. Jul 4, 2017
    It’s really nice to see how more and more fighting game franchises are finally arriving to PC and Tekken is not a disappointment. This is a great fighting game with beautiful and colorful Unreal Engine 4 graphics. You can use your game controller with no problem and with several game modes available playing feels rewarding. I personally love treasure battle which is like an arcade mode,It’s really nice to see how more and more fighting game franchises are finally arriving to PC and Tekken is not a disappointment. This is a great fighting game with beautiful and colorful Unreal Engine 4 graphics. You can use your game controller with no problem and with several game modes available playing feels rewarding. I personally love treasure battle which is like an arcade mode, but you can unlock dozens of items and earn in-game money to buy even more (with no microtransactions whatsoever), customization is AMAZING, I love how deep it is (for a fighting game). Combat is fluid and fun and also feels balanced. There is a large character roster to pick from (36 and 37 if you include pre-order). Characters have very different fighting styles and have a lot of personality. Music and sounds are cool.
    So, in a nutshell, Tekken is awesome. Well done Namco!
  7. Aug 4, 2017
    Nothing special at first glance, but after playing for a while I realized that the gameplay is very cool. Victory depends not only on the combos, but on tactics and dexterity. I play multiplayer every day after I bought this game. You need to practice a little bit to start loving this game, but it's worth it.
  8. Jun 4, 2017
    Metacritic, wtf are you doing? T7 on the PC is the best version available, this is a fact! Where the hell all reviews??? Stop being biased towards those platforms that you think suits games more and do you goddamn work!
  9. Jun 3, 2017
    This game is so amazing, we couldnt expect less than this.
    2 years ago this game was release on Arcades in Japan, and for this reason, the company had a great time for balance the game completly, before release in consoles. Anyways, this tekken like others tekken. The game was release with many characteres, a great story mode, with a great netcode and etc. Buy it!
  10. Jun 12, 2017
    The Tekken series I have no nostalgic feeling, I bought a seventh part just for the sake of efficiently fighting. And was not disappointed!

For beginners I would suggest the first thing to go in a training mode. There you can practice combos and explore the character. Learning in the game. For me it's not a problem, but still I would like to deal not so as it is not very obvious. Tekken 7 is a 3D fighting game, you can dodge not only forward and backward, and to move closer to the screen or farther away - this can help in the battle.

The fighting system in Tekken 7 is something between Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. It is less skillsability than Street Fighter 5, but your character need to learn and a long train with him. It's no joke - the list of techniques every character has like, over 100. The same character can fight in different ways. Tekken 7 easy to learn, but difficult to master. I like to hone the skill for the characters, and in this game it is fun and convenient. Management intuitive, and there are several modes against the AI. In Arcade battle, a limited number of opponents, so I suggest you have fun with AI in the "Treasure Hunt". Where the enemy is endless, and for the victory give random stuff to different characters.

Tekken 7 is and subject company. But don't buy the game for the sake of the plot! Tekken is the game for local battles or fights over the network. The plot is so-so training crossed with the story. Overall, the story is simple and yields the same Injustice, the story is also very short. But he has excellent points, also I wanted to know the history of the characters (pity the game is not the text of the biography). The game is beautiful and epic video, great music. Well, the best that the game has is the ending. He is well-choreographed, and, perhaps, this is the best episode in all fighting games! I passed the company in the medium difficulty and the last boss I have notably burnt. I was filled with a family history of Mishima, and Heihachi in particular. Unlike MK and Injustice, Tekken 7 reasons for fighting don't look stupid. You always know why and for what the heroes have to fight. What I didn't like is the voice of the journalist. He is always calm and monotone, and even in these moments of playing somber music. The company gives us to play for a small number of characters. The history of the characters is in a separate tab. These stories are very weak, and felt like an unnecessary appendage, and even fight for them, only one.

There is character customization - it's fun. You can put any character as you wish your fantasy. You can spend money on clothes or to unlock the materials from the past games in the series Tekken.

Multiplayer no lag, everything is very smooth, so if you lose it's your fault, not the joists (e.g. as in MKX). The enemy searched not long. If you feel that you are ready to fight against real players, then feel free to go out in a multiplayer game. Ping and lag is not annoying, everything is stable.

All fans of fighting games should join Tekken 7. This is an interesting, deep, high-quality fighting game. In MKX I spent 100 hours, I think, and then spend less. I'll see you in battle:)
  11. Jun 8, 2017
    Damn, this is great, It feels like a Arcade machine in my house.

The PC version is great, the Rage mechanic does cause rage, but does add a element you must watch out for giving new players a way to feel Deadly without ever learning how to throw some combos. Less satisfying than actually learning moves the Rage mechanic adds a way for newer players to make come backs but it's easy to
    Damn, this is great, It feels like a Arcade machine in my house.

Less satisfying than actually learning moves the Rage mechanic adds a way for newer players to make come backs but it's easy to punish at the same time giving veterans a tougher time ending the match if they get sloppy but no less tools to do so.

Great game, not just a port is well made.
    The DRM doesn't seem to invasive on my machine, They are open about the fact it's in the game. The Agreement will outline some of what you have to expect from it. I can't say for sure but feels less invasive than blizzard. So, you be the judge my CPU and GPU don't over work and I don't get any odd requests from my firewall telling me this DRM is mostly just for anti Piracy. Or any thing in my log that seems suspicous from a first few play sessions.
    it goes to show Quality games (especially digital copies need some quality anti piracy at least from the companies perspective), Not worth the full price unless you like fighting games but it definitely is if you enjoy tekken. PC gives you ability to use more controllers from any console so long as you can adapt it too your PC for this reason, I love the game the depth is more than I can Chew on being new to Tekken. Could potentially keep me busy for more hours than I have to spare :)
  12. Jun 22, 2017
    I am not a fan of tekken but this game .. I love it excellent 4k graphics and gameplay the only thing that I am worried about is that the game does not have an actual tutorial you have to learn from videos or yourself if you wanna be competitive to the other players in online mode
  13. Aug 28, 2017
    Tekken 7 is one of the most famous fighting games, with a poor Street Fighter V now this new chapter is the first one to arrive on the pc platform. In the last years, i've never seen nothing comparable to this new title.

During the Tekken 7 release, the game didn't have any problems for the online mode nor for the content. In fact the roster has 35 characters, each one with his personal style, also the customization is really huge. You can unlock new items by playing the treasure mode, as long as you play you will increase your offline rank up to "Tekken God Prime", which is separated from the online rank. The story mode has a duration around four hours, if you wish you can play it again at the "ten stars difficulty", which is really hard. In the arcade you will fight against 5 characters but in the end there aren't a cutscenes for the fighters. These are the only three single player modes unfortunately, but the online is great. On the pc version there isn't input lag, the game finds very quickly a new opponent and it's hard to lose the connection.
    The new gameplay innovation is the rage mode, it will be activated when the health is at 40%, by pressing RB (for the xbox gamepad) you will unleash a powerful combo that will deal a huge amount of damage. As long as you will not activate the rage mode, all your damage is increased so you must choose well.
    Tekken 7 is a great game, with a huge roster, a good scalability (you can play the game with an old pc, but you need to set your graphic settings to medium or low) and a good network mode. If you are a Tekken fan or a competitive player you must add this game to your collection.

Pros:

- The netcode is stable;
    - So many options with a good scalability;
    - None input lag;
    - Unique style;
    - The story is not complicated.

Cons:

- Only three single player modes;
    - Poor arcade mode.
  14. Mar 30, 2018
    Great game, best tekken since tekken 2 imo.
    Packed with content, good net code, great graphics and not a pig to run on PC.

15. Jul 5, 2018
    Primer Tekken que juego y me dejo sorprendido, tiene una gran variedad de combos, una historia muy bizarra, una banda sonora espectacular y los gráficos son hermosos.
  16. Jun 9, 2017
    For as long as I have started playing video games, the 'fighting games' genre has always been my favorite. As a martial artist myself, I always loved a good combat system in games, and to me personally no other franchise has ever done that better than Tekken. And now with Tekken 7, the new king of this genre has arrived. Tekken 7 is better, prettier, smoother and larger than any TekkenFor as long as I have started playing video games, the 'fighting games' genre has always been my favorite. As a martial artist myself, I always loved a good combat system in games, and to me personally no other franchise has ever done that better than Tekken. And now with Tekken 7, the new king of this genre has arrived. Tekken 7 is better, prettier, smoother and larger than any Tekken before. The story is also the best in the franchise and there are all the other game modes present that you expect in a fighting game - Arcade Mode, Treasure Mode, Practice Mode, Online And Local Versus Mode and so on. From these, my favorite is Treasure Mode where you fight random opponents on any difficulty to unlock new gear, fight money, etc. which then you can use to customize your characters. And the customization possibilities are HUGE, and the best part about it that it is FREE, you don't need any microtransactions to unlock EVERYTHING! All you need is skills and time. At launch almost 40 fighters are already available with many more coming as DLC characters, it is safe to say that you get more than enough content for your money. Of course all of this would not work if the battles weren't addictivly fun. Tekken since the beggining has always been all about skills. The combat system is sooo deep, there is nothing else like it. It is not as easy to get good at it like Injustice, Street Fighter and other games in the genre. It takes time and again SKILLS to master it. Casual gamers will easily get destroyed online. This is not a diss to other fighting games, because as I said, I like and play almost all of them, but Tekken 7 is the best of the best. The last few years have been superb for fighting games fans with King Of Fighters XIV, Mortal Kombat X, Street Fighter V, Guilty Gear Drx 2, Injustice and so on but Tekken 7 takes the crown as THE best. Amazing game and a must play for everyone. Expand
  17. Jun 22, 2017
    Tekken 7 is a great technical achievement in that everything works as they should with minimal problems. The online works great and only takes about 20 seconds to find a match and the game is practically bugless. One exception is the BGM, tekken 7 seem to have some of the worst music of any tekken games, at times it seems like they release a bunch of cats and dogs in a room full ofTekken 7 is a great technical achievement in that everything works as they should with minimal problems. The online works great and only takes about 20 seconds to find a match and the game is practically bugless. One exception is the BGM, tekken 7 seem to have some of the worst music of any tekken games, at times it seems like they release a bunch of cats and dogs in a room full of instruments and let them have at it.

Tekken 7's gameplay and mechanics however, may not be for everyone. I grow up in the 90's and been playing fighting games since Street Fighter 2 on the SNES. Naturally, I've been following tekken since tekken 1 on the ps1. I remembered I was enthralled by it's graphics, freshness and novelty then as it was one of the first few 3D fighters available.

Now that I'm older and more jaded, I found I look deeper when it comes to games. Tekken 7 while seems complicated at first is actually quite dull when you're familiar with most of the mechanics.

A typical fight at high level generally involves both you and your opponent twitching around until one of you gets a launcher and hits the other in the air, after this happens, you proceed to juggler about 1/3rd of the other's HP away then rise and repeat. As you can see, the launcher is the key and the whole game revolves around who gets launched first, and this process is quite boring. In addition, it takes away the control from the player that gets launched too long.

It also makes some mechanics unnecessarily complicated, like the infamous korean back dash which is a move that requires the player to do an awkward input (back, back, down-back, back, down-back, back.....). It adds nothing to the enjoyment of the game and only make it more painful to play.

In games like SFV, while technically flawed with many problems especially online connectivity, the core of the game is sound. It may seems simple at first glance but this actually made the game easier to access and understand. Every win and lost, both you and your opponent knew what happened and you sometimes even feel impressed even though you lost due to how cleaver your opponent was in the match.

In tekken 7, most of the time when you lose, it will seems random to you and you learn nothing from your lost because each character has a huge move list some with special properties. To truly enjoy this game, you need to spent years, learning and be familiar with EVERY character. If not, everything will seem a bit random to you. I've been playing tekkens since tekken 1 and even to this day, some lost still feels random to me.

Maybe my taste changed over the years, but mechanically, this franchise no longer impresses me.
  18. Jun 21, 2017
    Tekken 7 is made for serious fighting game players. There's not much fluff or filler for the casual audience, but Tekken 7 was built to be played for years. This is why you will see the game supported by the community for the next 4+ years at tournaments and events. There is a good amount of 1-plater content, including a great customization mode... but the overall story and presentationTekken 7 is made for serious fighting game players. There's not much fluff or filler for the casual audience, but Tekken 7 was built to be played for years. This is why you will see the game supported by the community for the next 4+ years at tournaments and events. There is a good amount of 1-plater content, including a great customization mode... but the overall story and presentation feels a bit rushed. Still, Tekken 7 is one of the best fighting game experiences of this era. Practice up and learn a few characters, because you will be rewarded with fun mind games and epic moments. Rage Arts and Power Crush techniques are designed to help new players, but these new mechanics are heavily punishable by 3D fighting game fundamentals and skill. Tekken 7 is a no BS fighting game. Learn the ropes, or get owned with style. Expand
  19. May 2, 2018
    Very good Pc port!
    Huge fan of Tekken and i would reccomend it to every fighting game Fan!
  20. Jun 9, 2017
    This is by far best Tekken game since Tekken 3 and not only that but one of the best fighting games I've played its a lot of fun.

Namco did not take the greedy road like many others did. Instead they gave a quality game with many quality characters with fun customizations and great graphics and above all that a solid and great combat mechanics and effects. beautiful character design and animations with good sound and cool stage design too. Also it runs pretty good which makes it good a optimized game for PC.

This is how a complete game should be and look like. Well DONE!
  21. Dec 4, 2019
    Good fighting game. I like the Rage arts but I think it's a step down from Tekken 6 fighting mechaninics. The Arcade mode is so short I beat it in under 40mins. Also great PC port !
  22. Jan 5, 2020
    Base game isn't the best thing of the world, but is incredible who your vanilla content can maintain for yourself. But, we need check this for complete, and, it lacks a lot of content when we compare with DLC content. Holy crap, Akuma is important for history, but we need buy an DLC to play with him!
    Despite this, is an incredible game with incredible gameplay and a lot of customization. If don't exist DLC important to history progress, it will leave an 9.
  23. Jan 25, 2020
    Tekken 7 is a tough game to rate. The base mechanics are excellent and while the rage art is overpowered and poorly implemented the game experience is still positive. The problem is with everything else. The story is abysmal, singleplayer content is non existent, customization leaves so much to be desired and many character choices are odd.
  24. Feb 16, 2020
    This game have good combos but it`s very sad that creators won`t continue legendary saga
  25. Jun 20, 2020
    Easily the best fighting game of the decade. Tekken 7 gives so much depth and endless hours of gameplay with its combat system and characters. Wins are earned and you can always learn something new. However the single player content is lacking and the netcode barely functions.
    However with its faults, it's still has by far the best gameplay out of its competitors
  26. Jun 21, 2020
    Отличное продолжение, отличного файтинга
  27. Jun 21, 2020
    thank you for bandai namco. and harada PD. TEKKEN series is Forever! :) good luck!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 19 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 17, 2017
    The online game is excellent, but the lack of some beloved features is very irksome. [Issue#264, p.59]
  2. Jul 23, 2017
    Tekken 7 is a great time-killer that can hold its own against the latest installments of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Jul 5, 2017
    No two ways about it – Tekken 7 is a success. Sure, it would be better if the campaign was longer, if it still had Fight Lab training mode and every single character that ever appeared in the series was playable; but still – base roster of 36 fighters, great performance and flawless combat mechanics make Tekken 7 more than worthy to be called an editor’s choice game. [Issue#221, p.70]