7.3

1. Jun 26, 2018
    The awesome adventures of captain spirit
    Not so awesome
    The Awesome Adventure of Captain spirit is a free to play prequel to life is strange 2.. The decisions you make here will carry over into that game… but I didn’t really find much deciding to be done here other than 1 or 2 moments in this 2 hour game I went in with high hopes for the awesome adventures of captain spirit, I loved
    The awesome adventures of captain spirit
    Not so awesome
    I went in with high hopes for the awesome adventures of captain spirit, I loved life is strange and bits of before the storm…
    the game starts with promise as you’re describing the type of super hero your want captain spirit to be..
    This isn’t your typical life is strange episode though..
    This game takes place all in one area… the home and yard of 10 year old Chris.. aka captain spirit…
    it’s a Saturday and you have a list of awesome things to do.. there are also tons of not so awesome things to do like the laundry and dishes…
    there is a story to uncover here.. the emotion youre used to from this series is here and im excited to see where this story goes or how it ties into life is strange 2 as we don’t know who that game is all about, though after playing through captain spirit I have a few hunches…
    unfortunately though the awesome adventure if captain spirit just doesn’t capitalize on the idea of childhood imagination..
    this is a nostalgia trip as youre playing with your figures.. but where the game lets me down are the rugrat like moments where youre immersed in chris imagination..
    these moments are just extremely brief practically interactive cutscenes where you mash a button and that’s it..
    there wasn’t really a wow this is a neat game moment for me…
    The awesome Adventures of Captain spirit is free so theres really nothing to lose by checking it out.. just don’t go in with crazy expectations to see something cool and unique.. this is more of a story teaser than anything else.
    I give The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
    a 6.5/10
  2. Jun 27, 2018
    It's pretty clear the devs behind Life is Strange now have much more budget and their games look better graphics and animation-vise. Captain Spirit a free short episode that introduces us to the new story of Life is Strange 2. And that's the whole purpose of this episode - the introduction. I guess I was too confident when I thought they might do a more complex story with a twist withinIt's pretty clear the devs behind Life is Strange now have much more budget and their games look better graphics and animation-vise. Captain Spirit a free short episode that introduces us to the new story of Life is Strange 2. And that's the whole purpose of this episode - the introduction. I guess I was too confident when I thought they might do a more complex story with a twist within one episode. I expected something along the lines of the bonus "Farewell" episode from Before the Storm, but I understand it's hard to do such things when the audience is still new to the narrative.

Just because I think they could've shown us more, I'm gonna give it a 7/10. I trust the devs will bring a new Life is Strange where they will, once again, play with your emotions. Looking forward to it. As to Captain Spirit, it's free, so why not have a look at it and try it out. It'll take you about 1.5 hours to play through.
  3. Feb 15, 2019
    The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is essentially an interactive teaser trailer for Life is Strange 2 as just when you're starting to get used to the game, its characters, its story and your surroundings, the game abruptly ends leaving no indication of which choices you made will actually have an impact on Life is Strange 2 (or at least a hint of which choices were recorded).The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is essentially an interactive teaser trailer for Life is Strange 2 as just when you're starting to get used to the game, its characters, its story and your surroundings, the game abruptly ends leaving no indication of which choices you made will actually have an impact on Life is Strange 2 (or at least a hint of which choices were recorded). However, the game is absolutely free and it will give those who aren't already fans of the series, a taste of what a DONTNOD adventure game feels like. Expand
  4. Mar 30, 2020
    7.2/10
    7.2/10
    Ещё одно маленькое и запоминающееся приключение от Dontnod Entertainment, предлагающее взглянуть на эту непростую "странную жизнь" глазами мальчика, в семье которого произошла беда, а беда, как известно, не приходит одна. Весьма любопытно наблюдать за тем, как Крис ищет себе развлечения, в основном руководствуясь своей фантазией, как все мы делали это в детстве. Довольно интересный сюжет заставляет задуматься о роли отцовства и материнства, об ответственности, и о других подобных вещах, а эффектная и интригующая концовка напоминает нам о том, что игра существует всё-таки в рамках вселенной Life Is Strange, любителям которой должен как минимум понравиться этот маленький (и кстати, бесплатный) драматический опыт.
  5. Feb 12, 2020
    Not awesome its pretty dull and has bad writing and its too short, still is about something but meh.
  6. Jun 29, 2020
    With it being free, short and basically serving as a prologue to Life is Strange 2, Captain Spirit is an endearing little story, sure to stay in your mind for a couple of days at the minimum. It's far from perfect or even all that interesting, but I glad i jumped into Chris' shoes for a couple of hours
  7. Aug 6, 2020
    ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Generally favorable reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Oct 25, 2018
    By finding extraordinary in completely ordinary situations (there are no supernatural elements in The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, and there are actually no real adventures either) Dontnod reminded me why I fell in love with the studio. [09/2018, p.54]
  2. Jul 30, 2018
    A very short, but lovingly narrated adventure, skillfully combining serious and funny topics.
  3. Jul 13, 2018
    A worthy (and free) successor to Life is Strange, and an intriguing teaser for the full sequel. Dontnod have improved on most accounts and look to draw in new fans with this prologue.