8.3

1. Nov 7, 2015
    DLC released with time gated content and major bugs, dev doesn't care and just play with community with hints about "secrets" that didn't released yet. It's a shame that this is the worst The Binding of Isaac installment and probably start of milking franchise since they will announce next dlc soon.
  2. Jan 9, 2016
    Okay, Afterbirth.

Okay, Afterbirth.

Personally, as a newbie, I bought Afterbirth DLC and Rebirth together. But, yeah. It was fun, but I then thought it wasn't worth it. It's 11,500 KRW (Rebirth is 16,000 KRW), but I personally thought well it's too expensive for an additional package which adds just a few of features (well I personally thought that). Yes. The game is fun, but the price is too expensive for its expensive price. If Afterbirth † comes out, I am going to purchase it, as I am a fan of 'The Binding of Isaac'.
  3. Sep 4, 2016
    I think the producers wrongly believed that the only way to improve their game is to make it harder and harder. I really liked Rebirth and I've spent 100h+ playing time to get the platinum triumph on Vita. And then came the endless nerfs and a boring, punishing DLC, I just can't find any joy in playing anymore. I know this is a hardcore game, but a good gameplay, even for a hardcore game,I think the producers wrongly believed that the only way to improve their game is to make it harder and harder. I really liked Rebirth and I've spent 100h+ playing time to get the platinum triumph on Vita. And then came the endless nerfs and a boring, punishing DLC, I just can't find any joy in playing anymore. I know this is a hardcore game, but a good gameplay, even for a hardcore game, should be much more than purely punishing. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Feb 4, 2016
    McMillen’s dungeon is really worth revisiting. Afterbirth does not introduce any spectacular changes but offers tons of new content. [01/2016, p.73]
  2. Dec 29, 2015
    In contrast to the previous expansion, Afterbirth is just a collection of scraps and trimmings that has nothing original to offer.
  3. Nov 23, 2015
    The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is packed with content and knows like no other 2D game how to turn a gloomy atmosphere down.