6.6

1. Oct 28, 2016
    This website is full of unwarranted negativity. The PC version of this game was free to everyone who already owned the content included in the Special Edition. So to everyone that's complaining about how the game compares to a heavily modded version of the game, go back to playing that version and stop crying. This remaster is obviously meant to improve the console experience and itThis website is full of unwarranted negativity. The PC version of this game was free to everyone who already owned the content included in the Special Edition. So to everyone that's complaining about how the game compares to a heavily modded version of the game, go back to playing that version and stop crying. This remaster is obviously meant to improve the console experience and it succeeds. This is a massive improvement over the XBOX 360 and PS3 versions of the game. Expand
  2. Aug 17, 2019
    One of the best games ever made.
    This is the best way to play it. (unless you have unlimited time to spend on modding)
  3. Jun 28, 2019
    Skyrim is one of the best games of all time, this remastered version is not really big jump in graphics tho some things are little bit better but not as near as good as graphic mods u can get for "Oldrim", but I think it still deserves very high score because it is still Skyrim
  4. Nov 2, 2020
    Having played this game on various platforms and versions for well over 1000 hours, I can say two main things about Skyrim:

1- If you're new to the RPG genre (Not like those new games that is categorized as "RPG" just because they have a skill tree. Yes, I'm looking at you Witcher and Assassins Creed. ) and want to delve into a whole new world, then this game is definitely for you. It's casual enough for everyone to understand the world and story, and it doesn't have a complex mechanical structure like those old cRPGs. It's much more focused on action elements while still providing tons of roleplaying chances in an amazing setting. However, if you've played games like The Witcher 3 and expect those kinds of things, don't. In terms of story and storytelling, this game is nothing like The Witcher 3. Both main and side stories are clunky and you won't even care about them except for a few questline.

2- If you're an oldschool RPG fan who've played and liked games like Baldur's Gate, Planescape, Icewind Dale or even Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect, this game might not be for you. It's still a good game that you may enjoy, but don't expect anything like the games I've just mentioned. Combat is very action oriented with no room for tactics and all. Dialogue options can vary, but they're definitely not rich, it's mostly your typical "yes, no" type of options. (There's not even sarcastic yes.) However, if you're into tabletop roleplaying games like Dungeons and Dragons, the game gives you a HUGE chance to roleplay, even in vanilla.

There are some good amount of class and profession variations that you can do to roleplay. You want to be a merchant who only trades by wandering town to town? You can do it. You want to be a fierce warrior who earns his living by killing monsters and bandits? Sure, go ahead. You want to be an evil elf with a secret lair who secretly kills nords because of an old trauma? Hell yeah you can do that. You want to be a loving family dad while being a town guard? You might need a few console commands but yes, you can also do that. I've played this game with anything from "imma go murder every single man in this land" to "I'm just a peaceful dude who lives in a shack and sells rabbit meat" and I can easily say that every playthrough has its own delight.

Although, if you want to experience this game to the fullest, you definitely should install mods. Nearly all Bethesda games have an awesome engine in terms of mod support, so there are thousands of awesome mods for all your tastes that you can download for free and you don't even need a good PC to use most of them.

Overall, awesome game with a lot of opportunity for roleplaying, albeit with a mediocre gameplay/story.

8/10 in Vanilla.
    11/10 with mods.
  5. Jul 5, 2020
    The best RPG that ever existed!! Excellent!!! The freedom, the character build system, openworld, great history and perfect soundtrack.
  6. Aug 25, 2020
    the low rating for low graphics and most of people don't use mods so they don't love the game
    one of my favorites games i ever played
  7. Sep 14, 2020
    i have no words for this game other than that this game is game of the decade i have played many games from 2011 to 2019 no other game is more entertaining than this and the plus thing of special edition is better lighting this version we will be playing after 5 years and 10 years thats plus point of this version if ray tracing version not arrived
  8. Oct 22, 2020
    after a little while, its very fun, with alot of places to explore, and lots of quests. I recommend this game!
  9. Nov 6, 2016
    WARNING: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME ON PC! ONLY ACCEPT IT FOR FREE! That being said, if you did get it for free, this is such a non-issue for PC but I felt it was worth saying anyway. The main thing you need to know about SE on PC is that it runs on a 64 bit executable rather then a 32 which is what the original skyrim ran on. This means the architecture of the game is technically superior toWARNING: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME ON PC! ONLY ACCEPT IT FOR FREE! That being said, if you did get it for free, this is such a non-issue for PC but I felt it was worth saying anyway. The main thing you need to know about SE on PC is that it runs on a 64 bit executable rather then a 32 which is what the original skyrim ran on. This means the architecture of the game is technically superior to the original. Thats it really... thats really the only thing its got going for it. PC mods took care of ALL of the visual improvements years ago and a huge down side to the SE is the mod community has to transfer EVERYTHING over. Which takes a lot of time and some stuff isnt going to make it over at all. You cant use base skyrim mods with SE so it all has to be redone. You know, as of right now I wouldn't even bother with the SE but in the future when all the mods are out, you may want to swap over. Everything I have just said however is conditional on if you have received the game for FREE. You get this game for free if you has Skyrim and all the DLC but if you are even missing ONE DLC, you have to pay full price for the SE. Expand
  10. Oct 29, 2016
    This game is still great, but don't expect to be blow away by the visuals until the modding community has had its way with it. If you completed the original already including the DLC, this might not be for you, but in all other cases, this game is still epic.
  11. Nov 7, 2016
    It seems to me a lot of players don't understand what "remastered" means. I didn't expect a new game, or add ons', or new quests. I expected just what I got. An update in graphics, bug fixes, and console mod support. I myself got the upgrade for free, (through Steam) as I had the Legendary PC Version. I am very happy with what I got. I am back to playing all over again. One of my top 3It seems to me a lot of players don't understand what "remastered" means. I didn't expect a new game, or add ons', or new quests. I expected just what I got. An update in graphics, bug fixes, and console mod support. I myself got the upgrade for free, (through Steam) as I had the Legendary PC Version. I am very happy with what I got. I am back to playing all over again. One of my top 3 games all time. Love Skyrim. Expand
  12. Nov 1, 2016
    I think Bethesda has done great work with this Edition of Skyrim. The 64-bit version makes it more stable in my opinion. The graphical changes actually quite good, because there is more grass and plants, the trees looks better, sun glare, god rays, Depth of Field and the new lightning. And I can not forget to say that the viewdistance is a big improvement.
    Of course this can not compete
    Of course this can not compete with a modded 32-bit Skyrim, so this is compared with vanilla Skyrim.
    Absolutely worth the free upgrade or a buy for those who don't own the game.
    The PC is simply the best Skyrim version. very nice.
  13. Oct 27, 2016
    It is a slight improvement over the original, so it gets one more point. There really isn't a whole lot to say. It basically saves 20-25 slots of mods by including them into the game. I can see why they gave it away to anyone who owned the full collection. It's nothing more than taking the top mods and including them in. Since I had those, I didn't see much of an improvement until IIt is a slight improvement over the original, so it gets one more point. There really isn't a whole lot to say. It basically saves 20-25 slots of mods by including them into the game. I can see why they gave it away to anyone who owned the full collection. It's nothing more than taking the top mods and including them in. Since I had those, I didn't see much of an improvement until I started a fresh, clean install with no mods to compare.

Based as a stand alone, I obviously recommend over the others. Still the same great storyline. Still the same bugs fixed by the community. The only really stupid thing is that if you mod the game to fix the bugs Bethesda didn't, you don't get the achievements. Fortunately, I don't care about them.
  14. Oct 28, 2016
    Can only assume people are taking the proverbial urine with the low scores... I mean honestly, this is Skyrim - it could have been re-released exactly the same as it was and still deserve a high score. It's one of the gold standards of RPGs in gaming history, with a scope and breadth that is just breathtaking.

The quality of the remaster is so-so. Not bad, not amazing. Some rework to

The quality of the remaster is so-so. Not bad, not amazing. Some rework to lighting effects, 64 bit capability and so on, but there's still low res textures that reminds you it is essentially a game from 2011.

But really, what is here is still absolutely wonderful. The kicker for me at these low scores from people moaning about it not being different enough from the original... that must mean you have the original. Meaning you got this game free probably. So what is your problem?

For newcomers to the game, you have a brand new version with more contemporary graphics to enjoy, whereas old players have the same thing to enjoy for nothing. Seriously, shut up and stop moaning.

The game is largely bug free (as bug free as Skyrim was anyway), but I have run into one crash in my playtime thus far, and the logo at the start of the game goes mad around the screen for a second, but that might just be my PC. There does seem to be an issue with the sound in terms of NPC speech, but I can't figure out what it is - they all just seem a bit subdued, but it's not very noticeable and certainly doesn't take much away from the game. Yes, no mods yet really, but they'll come, and they have an expanded architecture to build them on.

Sometimes, things are just hated upon purely because it is popular. The score right now is 5.7 for this game. That is a ridiculous score and should be thoroughly ignored as the net result of a bunch of bed wetters who don't know what the hell they're complaining about.

If you missed this in 2011, enjoy one of the finest RPGs ever made. I would also recommend taking a look at Oblivion and Morrowind - two others games in the series - which are just as excellent and, in different ways, even better.
  15. Oct 28, 2016
    Simply amazing, it's the same game but totally overhauled. Me, as a pure TES enthusiast, i loved the changes. Skyrim is not my favourite the elder scrolls gamee but it's a pretty good game overall. I'm already replaying it on this special edition which is superb. I don't get why all the hate and negative scores given to this game. People, its a remastered version of the original, at leastSimply amazing, it's the same game but totally overhauled. Me, as a pure TES enthusiast, i loved the changes. Skyrim is not my favourite the elder scrolls gamee but it's a pretty good game overall. I'm already replaying it on this special edition which is superb. I don't get why all the hate and negative scores given to this game. People, its a remastered version of the original, at least bethesda put some work on it and released it for free, you should be thanfull.
    For me it's a clear 10/10, Bethesda just did everything right with this remastered special version
  16. Oct 28, 2016
    Its pretty much the same game with better visuals so I am giving it the same rating as the previous game. There are just too many people hating it even though they probably got it for free like I did
  17. Oct 29, 2016
    This edition is about graphical remaster, but whole game also seems a bit improved, smoother, less buggy. If you like the original game, it worth to play it again in this edition. If not, well there is nothing new what could change your mind.
    Content is mostly the same. At such huge game can not tell it at 100 % for sure and I do not remember whole game, it was a while from my previous experience.
    As I said, some of main bugs are fixed. When I say "bug", I mean broken feature, not gameplay or AI mistakes or bad habits.
    Many people do not like remasters, specially for a full price. But this game is a monument and it deserve have modern edition on current generation. Must buy for everyone, who has no experience with Skyrim.
  18. Nov 4, 2016
    I give it an 8, 2 points off for charging 60$ for it if you dont have the complete version on steam. luckily i do, so i thought why not give it a try again. It is still the same skyrim, but there is a huge difference for a player like me. first off i played it on ps3 without mods. well thats the huge difference. load up the game, go to mods in game and you dont have to go to any externalI give it an 8, 2 points off for charging 60$ for it if you dont have the complete version on steam. luckily i do, so i thought why not give it a try again. It is still the same skyrim, but there is a huge difference for a player like me. first off i played it on ps3 without mods. well thats the huge difference. load up the game, go to mods in game and you dont have to go to any external websites or get nexus mod manager or anything. you just download the mod in game and it is added automatically. thats pretty amazing for any game. now i got climate, new perk tree, open cities, better dragons, alternate start etc etc etc. I am playing the game now and it is so beautiful, the trees the amount of density, they are all around, and you really feel like your walking in woods now. the wet and cold and all the little mods add so much flavor to the game i love it. yes the combat is still the same, yes the textures are still bad on some things. yes i would not be playing this game unless it was free. but you know what it is free for me since i already have all the dlc, so for me its a freaking great game to go back into and mess around especially with the new perk tree mod. will i play it for 300 hours, most likely not, but i am glad they game me a good enough reason to go back into a game i used to love and play it once more, get my stats up and level. i dont care about story and storm cloaks and all that crap. Still I feel it is so shady to charge the console guys 60$ 60! it should have been 9.99$ or 19.99$ for a chance for people who never played to get into a great rpg and have some fun. And leave skryim and the elder scrolls on a good note. not on a money grabbing note. they can make billions off us, but they dont want to make a 5 year old game more accessible? I think its pretty messed up. Anyways if its free for you i encourage you to download it and run around it doesnt take much time, and you might enjoy getting back into it. It only makes me excited for what they will do for the next elder scrolls game, which is by far my most anticipated game of all time. and stop comparing it to the witcher 3, obviosly thats better, and when elder scrolls 6 comes they will say its the greatest of all time yada yada, they are all great just play them when they are out have the best time ever and be happy, lol only a few real strong rpg's around. and be glad the genre is so popular and huge now. Expand
  19. Oct 11, 2017
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was an open world RPG released by Bethesda Softworks in November 2011. It is the fifth game in the venerable Elder Scrolls Series. The game became an instant classic and has gone on to sell well on both consoles, PC and even has a version on the Nintendo Switch coming out soon. Since its release there have been three DLCs and, with the help of the moddingThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was an open world RPG released by Bethesda Softworks in November 2011. It is the fifth game in the venerable Elder Scrolls Series. The game became an instant classic and has gone on to sell well on both consoles, PC and even has a version on the Nintendo Switch coming out soon. Since its release there have been three DLCs and, with the help of the modding community, is just as popular today as it was when it was first released.
    The world of Skyrim is one of its main selling points, it being one of the most interesting and diverse open worlds I’ve ever seen. Even if the size of the map has been eclipsed by more recent games, very few have ever come close to the depth and diversity found there. The landscapes and biomes vary from the towering peaks of the Reach to the dense forests of Falkreath the iconic snowy hills of Winterhold.
    The gameplay is as you’d expect from an Elder Scrolls game, with all the classical swords and spells. Although it does not break any new ground it is at least functional and fun to play, the new addition of shouts putting an interesting spin on how you play but does not change anything drastically. A new feature I think Skyrim improves on from the previous editions though, is the levelling up systems. While previous Elder Scrolls games would have you manually choose whichever class you wanted to play, in Skyrim you level up simply by using the skill you want to level up. This is a simple change but it does wonders for the gameplay, as it allows you to organically develop your own playstyle so that everybody who plays will have a slightly different experience and it is a lot less linear than simply choosing a class from a menu.
    Then we get to the graphics of Skyrim. Although graphics are not as important to a game as gameplay or story is, I feel it is still worth mentioning, especially considering the controversial nature of Skyrim’s look. When viewing from afar, Skyrim might be one of the most beautiful games I have ever seen, the mountains and open planes are part of Skyrim’s iconic look and when you first see them they will take your breath away. It’s only upon closer inspection that you start to see the cracks in the system. Although the quality of Skyrim’s textures leaves much to be desired, the graphics of a game are more than simply the number of pixels and there are other flaws in Skyrim’s look. A large problem is how repetitive all the rock and dirt textures look, which is a huge problem in a game as large as Skyrim that you are sure to be spending a lot of time in and after a while all the tombs and ruins will start looking the same. Another problem is how desaturated the objects in the game are. Things such as the shining elven armour looks like dirty bronze and bright red imperial armour looks more like a brown. This problem is sadly due to the era in which Skyrim came out, where games preferred a more ‘realistic look’ when by realistic they simply meant dark browns and greys, a look that has not aged well. It’s at times like this when the modding community come to the rescue. Although it is somewhat of a joke at this point, you are missing out on some of Skyrim’s best content is you don’t get the PC version. There are so many mods that as well as upping the pixel quality, also inject some much-needed colour into the world of Skyrim and make it into the fully-fledged piece of art it was meant to be.
    After that rant, let’s talk about another of Skyrim’s weak points: the story. As you may or may not have been able to tell, I like the lore of the Elder Scrolls. Sadly, this quality of writing does not shine through to the story of the game itself. The main problem with Skyrim’s story is it a game which gives complete freedom, which is a main staple of the Elder Scrolls story. However, this means there is no linear focus and it is very hard to have a good story. This does not mean that it is impossible though, and I feel like the dev team of Skyrim could have done a better job. Compare the story of Skyrim to that of a similar game, the Witcher 3: Both games give you a lot of freedom in what you can do and where you can go, however The Witcher does a much better job of creating realistic feeling characters that you actually care about and high stakes that you actually want to solve rather than the blank faced NPCs of Skyrim which are all voiced by the same five people.
    However, any good game will have flaws, and with a game as large as Skyrim it is impossible to make it completely polished. The flaws are all forgivable to play in the world Bethesda crafted, and if you play on PC, then any holes Bethesda have left are sure to be filled in by the modding community with even more amazing content you can get (for free), and while it is an imperfect game, I believe that Skyrim remains as one of the best games of its era.
  20. Oct 27, 2016
    This game is still epic. Ignore the people complaining that this is an issue and that is an issue. This is Skyrim and being buggy is what makes it Skyrim. Well, that and the mods. The graphics are simply amazing now, everything from the texture resolution to the god rays and effects. As far as balance and fixes are concerned, I have not spent so much time in the game yet to know for sureThis game is still epic. Ignore the people complaining that this is an issue and that is an issue. This is Skyrim and being buggy is what makes it Skyrim. Well, that and the mods. The graphics are simply amazing now, everything from the texture resolution to the god rays and effects. As far as balance and fixes are concerned, I have not spent so much time in the game yet to know for sure if they have done much but I did not face many bugs or glitches. Combat has been improved with an increased distance between opponents and I suspect that some of the weapon stats may ave been reworked, like Dawnbreaker although I'm not too sure. Everything else is regular Skyrim, which is in fact a good thing because there is no point in improving that which is already perfect. Overall, this is a great remaster. 10/10 would take an arrow to the knee again and fus ro dah that guard who talks about my beloved sweetroll. Expand
  21. Oct 29, 2016
    It was free. And it's Skyrim. What's more to say?

The people complaining of price need to learn how to e-commerce. I checked my receipt and I got the legendary and now this for free at a total of $13. Not bad!
  22. Nov 20, 2016
    Ok I'll keep it quick appart from 2 vital mods SKSE & SKUI that havent been converted yet, this is the SKyrim back in the day that I was hoping to get. Playing on vanilla the only thing I noticed was 60fps and some nicer textures, better draw distance, smoother seamless exploreing which didnt happen in the 2011 version, infact that version was a joke out of the box, only mods fixed it aOk I'll keep it quick appart from 2 vital mods SKSE & SKUI that havent been converted yet, this is the SKyrim back in the day that I was hoping to get. Playing on vanilla the only thing I noticed was 60fps and some nicer textures, better draw distance, smoother seamless exploreing which didnt happen in the 2011 version, infact that version was a joke out of the box, only mods fixed it a bit. SE runs perfect on my GTX970 AMd FX 8350 16 gb ram (Mid to High spec pc) over 100 mods installed including Redshader for graphics. The game looks amazing and plays unbelievably smooth and with Open Cties installed. I noticed some negative reviews here are saying it runs bad even on high spec PC's well mine is mid to high so anything lower than mine maybe these people need to get with the Jones' Expand
  23. Oct 29, 2016
    This is a nice way to hold us till their next new game is ready. Even better if you got it on Steam since you can upgrade for free if you have the previous version with DLC.
  24. Oct 30, 2016
    The synopsis of the title is quite simple.
    If you have never played skyrim, this is your chance to participate in the best open world single player rpg ever made, (i love oblivion maybe a little more but..)
    There is a multi-faceted reason why it is free on pc, i mean if you own the hd mods and others you just wouldn't buy it right ? One of the biggest gripes i see is that it's a
    The synopsis of the title is quite simple.

One of the biggest gripes i see is that it's a blatant cashgrab, Bethesda charging 2016 for a 2011 game but....... we all knew it was coming, i bought legendary in 2014 for £6.
    This edition is the same game, so yes i do agree that in this circumstance the value is questionable.

Member when Skyrim was something we talked about ?

It's always been a good game and it has that thing, you know when you go round to a friends and they are a different race and use dodgy weps and sneak round and like you're 'nub' and they're like educating you in thievery whilst stealing sht and you're ready to batter them round the head with a stables sign for the upset they're causing in the world and there is a minute albiet a brief moment, that you think when you go home and play his/her interactions will be visible in your world.(I take Risperidone btw)

Synopsis: It's Skyrim, so it's good but if you haven't played it ever it's hard to justify the cost. The Mods for the hd textures and other stuff are more to my liking than the remaster so i'm quite happy to have the remaster in my steam account and it will probably never see the light of day
  25. Nov 18, 2016
    I think this remaster is pretty good personally. Anyone who has actually played the original without mods would see where the graphics have been improved, and as for bad performance, I don't know why others are reporting bad performance, but I don't have any issues at all, and it's not like I have a massively high end PC either...I have a AMD RX480 8GB with 16 gigs of 1600 MHz ddr3 ram andI think this remaster is pretty good personally. Anyone who has actually played the original without mods would see where the graphics have been improved, and as for bad performance, I don't know why others are reporting bad performance, but I don't have any issues at all, and it's not like I have a massively high end PC either...I have a AMD RX480 8GB with 16 gigs of 1600 MHz ddr3 ram and a I7 4770 not overclocked. I know that's not low end but still...There are more powerful CPU's out there and certainly more powerful graphics cards on the market so...yeah.

Anyway back to the game! I haven't noticed any game play alterations so far, it seems to me to be a game that has been ported to Fallout 4's game engine with touched up graphics. Primarily the shadows spring to mind; the shadows on the original Skyrim where frankly shockingly bad with the hour cycle. It left a lot to be desired that's for sure. I have also heard from a good friend of mine who put's a lot of mods into his games where and when he can that the new Skyrim is more stable with mods for him at least.

Lastly, I just want to say if your expecting this to be Elder Scrolls 6, then may I suggest you look up the definition of "Remaster" in a dictionary. Thanks for reading and happy gaming everyone!
  26. Jan 6, 2017
    Best game ever ....................................................................................................................................................................................
  27. Nov 23, 2016
    A remaster should not to be judged by purely by the quality of the game itself, but also how much it has improved on the original. The game itself is an absolute masterpiece with more depth and detail than any other game I've played, but the remaster is sub-par to say the least. It fixes the alt+tab bug and adds new graphical improvements, but leaves out in-game glitches and doesn't evenA remaster should not to be judged by purely by the quality of the game itself, but also how much it has improved on the original. The game itself is an absolute masterpiece with more depth and detail than any other game I've played, but the remaster is sub-par to say the least. It fixes the alt+tab bug and adds new graphical improvements, but leaves out in-game glitches and doesn't even provide 144hz support. Expand
  28. Feb 23, 2017
    Thanks Bethesda, One of my all time favourite games, thanks for making it even prettier. Still has some random bugs but console commands can usually fix that now that I'm on pc. I didn't expect them to fix all the bugs so I wasn't disappointed that they didn't. Wouldn't want to play on a console for this reason but I know what I'm getting into with skyrim. Not to mention I got this gameThanks Bethesda, One of my all time favourite games, thanks for making it even prettier. Still has some random bugs but console commands can usually fix that now that I'm on pc. I didn't expect them to fix all the bugs so I wasn't disappointed that they didn't. Wouldn't want to play on a console for this reason but I know what I'm getting into with skyrim. Not to mention I got this game for free because I previously bought skyrim on steam. I am very happy with this version, 200 enjoyable hours so far so no complaints here. Expand
  29. Mar 8, 2017
    Though no new gameplay features or quests were added, the jump from 32 bit to 64 allowed for a greater stability necessary on most weaker hardware, allowing for more mods to run at the same time. And as for the few graphic enhancements, they offered interesting additions for any who wishes to take screenshots in-game.
  30. Jul 30, 2017
    Fantastic entry to the Elder Scrolls series, and an absolute delight to play. Everything runs, and looks better than original vanilla Skyrim. Most bugs can be ironed out by a extremely amazing modding community. Well worth it in your gaming arsenal.
  31. Dec 13, 2020
    Absolute masterpiece of an undying game for those who love RPGs with magnificent lore, atmosphere and music.
    This remastered version makes everything look even better and more immersive, all 3 DLCs included.
    I strongly recommend to play it without any mods to get the best experience of true Skyrim.
  32. Apr 20, 2019
    extremely addictive to level up, at first you feel so overwhelmed by the dragons and everyone, so u just keep leveling and learning to be a powerful hero. ( the quests are fun, dlc's are great )
    and with ur sit of mods 1010
  33. Nov 9, 2019
    The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim itself is an easy 10/10 game, yet the remastered version improved so few things that it wont be worth buying the game if you own the original. If you have never played Skyrim though, then I'd suggest the Special Edition since it is still better than the original.
  34. Feb 25, 2021
    Skyrim, despite its flaws, is one of the most immersive video games I have ever played. The flaws are quite apparent as soon as you start the game. Melee combat sucks. Most questlines are not very good, a clear step back from Oblivion. But the world is so beautiful, cohesive and immersive, it’s easy to ignore Skyrim’s flaws.

The attention to detail is astonishing. I have found myself in

The attention to detail is astonishing. I have found myself in awe in many situations where the world of Skyrim reacted in mind-blowing ways. I am not talking about scripted events, mind you. You can find your horse -Shadowmere- getting pissed at some enemies and climb hundreds of stairs to invade a bandit camp. You can become a vampire lord and play the game as such and it will still make sense within Skyrim’s world. On your journey to a mountain, you can see a dragon flying around, minding its own business. That said, you can engage with the dragon if you choose to. In Skyrim, you can pretty much go anywhere you like, anytime you like and engage with anything you see. For a game made in 2011, the ambition is spectacular. Even Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall was extremely ambitious when it came out in 1996, so you may think Elder Scrolls has always been an ambitious series. What takes Skyrim apart though is the fact that the game totally delivers in most aspects, despite being overambitious for a 2011 game. I loved Oblivion, but I can easily say Skyrim is the better game (except the questlines) and as far as the Elder Scroll series is concerned, Skyrim is up there with Morrowind.

There is one more thing that should be mentioned. If you are into high fantasy, you likely have a special love for dragons. It has been 10 years since Skyrim came out, but it still is, by far the best dragon game ever made. Dragons are part of the game’s world and they never feel out of place. Yes, the fights can be quite easy, but it never feels scripted.

Music is spectacular, although a more variety of songs would have been nice. Sound is really good too.

In summary, Skyrim is the perfect comfort food. Yes, it is even more casualized than Oblivion. Combat Is bad. It’s very easy even in expert difficulty. But despite all these, Skyrim is extremely good at what it’s trying to achieve. Skyrim is the second-best Elder Scrolls game, second only to Morrowind.

9.5/10

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard:

I played the vampire storyline as a diehard fan of vampires. I like the addition of vampires, but this DLC is a bit sloppy. There are way more bugs than the original game. You will have very long walks in between missions, which aim to extend the gameplay hours for no good reason. Ghost mount is quite cool and you will see some beautiful zones. It is Skyrim after all and although still better than most faction questlines, I expected better.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dragonborn

Definitely the best Skyrim expansion. It introduces a big island with full of quests to explore. The main questline story is not very good but the design of Apocrypha is amazing. What I loved the most about this expansion is the island of Solstheim where it takes place. It is an island from Morrowind and it does make you feel like you are playing Morrowind with Skyrim graphics.

My major disappointment was riding dragons. It may be a good idea, but it’s very poorly implemented. Dragon control is weird and riding dragons in Skyrim is simply not fun.

9.5/10

My ranking of major questlines:

Main Quest (great) > Dark Brotherhood (great) > Dragonborn (good) > Dawnguard (vampire) (good) > Civil War (imperial legion) (good) > College of Winterhold (alright) > Thieves Guild (ok) > Bard’s College (bad) > The Companions (bad)
  35. Feb 1, 2018
    One of the best PC-Games ever. DLCs are really cool and the base game of course too.
  36. May 13, 2018
    I know Skyrim has its flaws, but I've been addicted to it twice - once for the original, where I played well over 100 hours, and once for the special edition where I did about the same again. It looks dated in 2018, but the variety of quests and the detail in the world remain the best out there.
  37. Oct 5, 2018
    I great massive open world sandbox, the modders paradise and a blast to play. I do feel it is let down by some clunky ui and shallow quests in comparison to games like the witcher
  38. Oct 24, 2018
    Skyrim is one of the best fantasy rpg games of all time and has the best mod support out of any game in existence. Expect 100-200 hours from the main game, 100 more from the dlc, and infinitely many hours from quest mods.
  39. Apr 2, 2020
    Without mods I would have game this review probably a 7. It was free since I owned the regular one on PC so I can't complain. The modding community has made this game a completely new game for me and i'm not talking about the Creation Club or in game mod tab. I don't think I have anything vanilla in my game that couldn't be changed already. But overall with or without mods it's still aWithout mods I would have game this review probably a 7. It was free since I owned the regular one on PC so I can't complain. The modding community has made this game a completely new game for me and i'm not talking about the Creation Club or in game mod tab. I don't think I have anything vanilla in my game that couldn't be changed already. But overall with or without mods it's still a great game to spend hours on Expand
  40. Jul 29, 2019
    Definição: Incrivel!
    - Graficos: 7
    - Jogabilidade: 8 - Historia: 9 - Trilha Sonora: 10 - Direção: 9 - Densempenho (RTX 2060 + Ryzen 1600): 6. [O jogo está mal otimizado. Tive de baixar as configurações graficas pro High, porque no Ultra, eu tinha queda de quadros consideraveis, sendo quem nem 30% da minha placa estava sendo utilizado. Porém, vou desconsiderar na nota final, pois o
    Definição: Incrivel!
    - Graficos: 7
    - Jogabilidade: 8
    - Historia: 9
    - Trilha Sonora: 10
    - Direção: 9
    - Densempenho (RTX 2060 + Ryzen 1600): 6. [O jogo está mal otimizado. Tive de baixar as configurações graficas pro High, porque no Ultra, eu tinha queda de quadros consideraveis, sendo quem nem 30% da minha placa estava sendo utilizado. Porém, vou desconsiderar na nota final, pois o jogo original não tem culpa]

Comentarios: Após muito tempo, resolvi jogar um dos games mais venerados de todos os tempos e posso dizer que me arrependi. Me arrependi de ter demorado tanto tempo a jogá-lo. O universo do jogo é muito bem construido, tudo é muito bem detalhado; A trilha sonora é absurdamente linda e imersiva, e alguns cenarios são de cair o queixo.
  41. Feb 9, 2021
    Undoubtedly, Elder Scrolls V Skyrim is one of the best open world RPGs that has been made. I'd call it "Mother of all RPGs" because I believe most of the elements in todays RPG games, are taken from Skyrim.
    Graphics weren't improved really, but it was still OK and playable. Story and mechanics were good. Atmosphere and building designs were incredible. Music was the only thing that prevented me from Fast Travelling.
    And at last, this game will teach you to save your game!
    (January - February 2021)
  42. Apr 15, 2021
    Unmodded: disgusting
    Modded: one of the best games ever
    ------------ Seriously, unmodded this game is unplayable. Graphics look ugly. So I installed about 10 mods (only!!!!) and the game looked like a different game. Just go to Nexusmods and download the first 10-20 most popular mods using their Mod Manager "Vortext" and install them. After modding, you will have "another" game, I
    Unmodded: disgusting
    Modded: one of the best games ever
    ------------

After modding, you will have "another" game, I promise you! A game that can be played in 2021 with a great immersion!
  43. Jan 12, 2021
    → Je suis Dovahkiin !
    → Je suis Dovahkiin !
    L'indémodable Skyrim reste une aventure toujours au top des années après sa sortie. Il faut dire que la mission principale se sépare entre la guerre civile qui sévit en Bordeciel et les quêtes de l'enfant du dragon, de quoi faire donc, sans parler des DLC qui sont bien sûr présents dans cette Spéciale Édition. Et bien sûr, comme à chaque fois avec la franchise The Elder Scrolls, il y aura bien d'autres choses à faire en parallèle. En parlant de Bordeciel, la région enneigée du Nord, elle est vraiment sympa mais avec un peut trop de montagne et donc de relief à mon goût, obligeant parfois à faire quelques détours. Skyrim est toujours à ce jour un monstre dans le secteur des RPG.

Sortie en octobre 2016 / Développé par Bethesda Softworks.
  44. Oct 15, 2020
    Um dos melhores jogos que eu já joguei na minha vida de longe, instala uns 200 mod que mds é um jogo absurdo da pra ter tudo que você quer, comunidade top demais concertou tudo que tava ruim no jogo.
  45. Feb 17, 2020
    09/10......................................................................
  46. Apr 16, 2021
    Best rpg to date. Does'nt deserve the low review score. You can cokmpletely ignore the creation club if you want.
  47. Jan 10, 2021
    Отличнейшая база для создания и использования модов! Обновление движка очень хорошее! Жать не все моддеры захотели переносить моды.
  48. Aug 12, 2020
    Очень крутая игра с глубоким и интересным сюжетом, крутой боевкой и захватывающим геймплеем. Благодаря огромному количеству модов, спустя многие годы в игру все так же интересно играть.
  49. Mar 9, 2021
    melhor RPG singleplayer de todos os tempos Skyrim e uma Obra Prima da Industria dos jogos
  50. Feb 8, 2021
    116 saatin sonunda şunu söyleyebilirim, oynadığım en iyi iki oyundan birisi. Diğeri Witcher 3. Hangisi daha iyi bilmiyorum. Skyrim çok daha serbestlik tanıyor. Olabileceğiniz ve yapabileceğiniz şeyler, dünyasının genişliği hakikaten benzersiz. Witcher ise duygusal olarak daha çok etkiliyordu. Hikayesindeki ara sahneler falan daha güzeldi. Tabii grafik kalitesi de epey önde. İkisine de116 saatin sonunda şunu söyleyebilirim, oynadığım en iyi iki oyundan birisi. Diğeri Witcher 3. Hangisi daha iyi bilmiyorum. Skyrim çok daha serbestlik tanıyor. Olabileceğiniz ve yapabileceğiniz şeyler, dünyasının genişliği hakikaten benzersiz. Witcher ise duygusal olarak daha çok etkiliyordu. Hikayesindeki ara sahneler falan daha güzeldi. Tabii grafik kalitesi de epey önde. İkisine de 10/10 veriyorum.

Tüm loncalara girdim. Hepsinin hikayesini bitirdim. Ana göreve benzer yan görevlerin hemen hemen hepsini yaptım. Ufak tefek yan görevlerin de çoğunu yaptım. Dlc'ler bitti. Bir kaç eksiği dışında hakikaten muazzam oyun.

Hiç beklemediğin yerlerde küçük hikayelere, maceralara denk gelmek, oradan işin saçma sapan fantastik yerlere varması... İşte bir oyunda aradığım bu. 10 metre ileride ne olduğunu asla bilmiyorsun. Rastgele bir npc ile konuşurken seni hangi maceraya yollayacağını, gittiğin yerde başına ne geleceğini asla bilmiyorsun. Oyunu oynarken fantastik dünyasından ötürü game of thrones ve lord of the rings'i özlediğimi fark ettim.
  51. Feb 28, 2021
    Одна из лучишх игр, когда-либо увидивших свет, на мой взгляд! Обожаю эту игру ♥
  52. Feb 14, 2021
    Good Game llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Mixed or average reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Games Master UK
    Jan 1, 2017
    The original version with graphics mods installed still looks better, so it's not worth the upgrade. [Christmas 2016, p.73]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 12, 2016
    Purely graphical upgrade with support of the Gen4 console modes that PC owners of the original game and all expansions get for free. [Issue #269]
  3. Nov 11, 2016
    Skyrim is still a great place to get lost in and the visual upgrade is welcome. It perhaps doesn’t go as far as it should and it’s a shame no other aspect of the game got looked at but it’s still well worth your time.