7.3

1. Oct 25, 2020
    I somehow, despite the multiplayer, dislike this more than the first one. It takes all the problems I had with the previous game and exacerbates them. There's two types of level:

Type 1: Keep searching desks until you get the random items you need, and then do the scripted obvious escape route the game planned for you to do. Type 2: Combat levels, which sound more fun than the

Type 2: Combat levels, which sound more fun than the previous type but they're not cause the combat sucks and is boring af.

It also feels like they pumped out all their energy into the multiplayer and pretty much neglected the solo gameplay, because they're an even worse experience.

Edit: Just remembered that there's a very annoying but with the arrow that's supposed to point where you have to go, pointing to your workplace instead through the whole game, something that happened to everyone I was playing with on almost every prison, not sure why this hasn't been fixed.
  2. Jan 12, 2021
    → Je suis Scofield !
    → Je suis Scofield !
    S'échapper de prison semble ici aussi peu fun que dans la réalité, j'imagine. En tout cas, ça s'avère mal exploité par les développeurs, avec un système de craft vraiment améliorable et compliqué en l'état… Le gameplay se montre très redondant, devoir chaque jours trouver des objets ou des composants, se rendre en un lieu précis de la prison à heure régulière, c'est réellement une expérience rebutante pour moi.

Sortie en août 2017 / Développé par Team 17 (Worms).
  3. Jul 9, 2020
    Co-op mod don't work and playing solo this game is boring. So i'm givin' it 3/10

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 11, 2018
    The Escapists 2 expands the idea of the original title and goes beyond; it packs a lot of prisons from which we can find some original and sometimes funny ways of escape. And this time, we can bring friends to the party, since it has cooperative and versus modes.
  2. Sep 27, 2017
    I never sat down with The Escapists 2 without smiling. Even during its rough first hours, its personality and a keen sense of humor kept me going. And as you discover its layers of challenge, intrigue, and variety, you'll be hooked. By turning the routine into a steady and engaging flow of progress, and by spicing things up with historical and fantastical locations, The Escapists 2 gets tremendous mileage out of its premise. Then you have the online, which is mildly problematic yet brimming with life and new ways to experience the game. You may be serving time in jail, but The Escapists 2 will ensure that you won't feel guilty about it. Now excuse me, I think I've earned some kind of punishment for that awful wordplay.
  3. Sep 19, 2017
    A great step forward beyond its predecessor.