8.6

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Dec 12, 2021
    Way worse than first game. I have finished first game over 10 times, but could hardly push myself to finish second game. It was so boring. All the horror elements were gone, semi-open world was awful idea, unique locations from first game was way better. It's so obvious that this game had different director. Hopefully Evil Within 3 will be better (if they even make it).
  2. Oct 12, 2017
    The Evil Within 2 redeemed the first one on every aspect, superior to any RE game in the last years, Shinji Mikami truly make things right this time .
  3. Dec 6, 2021
    The first game was better in every way. The Evil Within 2 is just a disgrace to the original in my eyes, it's so sad.
  4. Jan 15, 2022
    The first game was way better in terms of story, atmosphere and enemy designs. The story of this game is terrible, it retcons the first game so much. Some main characters from TEW1 are not even mentioned, which is so weird and unsatisfying. Save your daughter storyline is really lazy and boring. It’s like a cliche movie from 80s. None of the antagonists in this game have interestingThe first game was way better in terms of story, atmosphere and enemy designs. The story of this game is terrible, it retcons the first game so much. Some main characters from TEW1 are not even mentioned, which is so weird and unsatisfying. Save your daughter storyline is really lazy and boring. It’s like a cliche movie from 80s. None of the antagonists in this game have interesting backstory like Ruvik. And it really offended me that TEW2 treated almost all of women characters so badly. Buy The Evil Within 1 instead. Expand
  5. Dec 12, 2021
    It's simply bad, way worse than first game, idk what happened, but this is pure action. If first game was like RE4, then this game is like RE6.
  6. Mar 2, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. dont like predictable outcomes and boring story. the mother has turned insane but once she is knocked to her senses she has to kill herself in ordre to destroy STEM. but STEM magically reactivates itself at the end of the game anyway. so unoriginal. Expand
  7. Feb 1, 2022
    Sadly, this game is not as fun or interesting as the first game. We can clearly feel that they ran out of time, money and ideas in the development.
  8. Nov 30, 2021
    Worse than first game in every way possible, only people who like this are people who actually don't like horror.
  9. Sep 20, 2021
    Such a disappointing sequel to the amazing first game. Mikami’s absence is very clear, gameplay is smooth but uninteresting, the plot is just bad. Myra exist just for shock value, Lily is just a mcguffin and Seb’s character is worse than the first game. The Castellanos family was the most boring, gross and shallow family I’ve ever seen in video games. Meh.
  10. Sep 20, 2021
    Okay gameplay, meh atmosphere, boring boss fights and **** story. Sebastian really lost his charm in this game, now he is just a cliche Hollywood protagonist. Many good elements from the first game is missing in this game.I loved the first game, but I don't care for this franchise anymore.
  11. Feb 15, 2021
    Boring Stealth. No bullets so you have to always creep areound. Just like EW1s trash DLC.. Game may have a good score but word of mouth made sure people knew how dull and rubish the gameplay is, cause it barly even sold.
  12. Feb 9, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first game was a terrible hack but with "ok" gameplay and I had a good laugh out of it.
    The second one is madness. Maximum hack job on the level of The Mystery of the Druids.
    Everyone noticed that they are ripping off Silent hill and Resident Evil, but there is soooo much more..
    - Ripping off whole ideas from Psychonauts, Bioshock, Diablo II and many more. Somthing that is very recognizable and yet they have audacity to copy bit by bit.
    - Dialogs from a number of movies Visuals from other games and movies like Matrix, Actually, they are ripping off in a very bad and laughable way Matrix since the first game
    - Recycled bosses from the first game all the way to the end.
    - Beside tiresome and boring changing of the scenery every 20 seconds you are in danger to get brain damage from the story. It looks like it is written by some schizophrenic, of amateur, who was watching some movies and thought he can be writer.
    Nothing make sense and the game never ends because they do not know how to end it. It is always "something" and our hero's comment is always: "What the"...
    At one point our main guy discovers that his wife is still alive and she was undercover for years {!!!}, to recover their daughter that is 4-5 yo. With years?! For what?! They are soaking wet in the bath tab all the time... But the kid is 4-5 year old... My brain hurts.
    - But the end is comedy gold. For some reason this hacks thought they are very clever, so they try to add emotions in the game. Our undercover mother "sacrifice" herself to destroy the bath tabs of the organization that is evil. From within the nightmare! {Or whatever is this dim world}. She was working together with another girl, Kidman, from the previous game, but she helps us this time. Kidman is not bathing like the rest. She lock herself in the room with the tabs and all this while no one can kill the sleepers in the tab...
    This organization never had a plan B to have some poison or similar thing for this kind of situations, never had a plan to restrict access from OUTSIDE the doors.
    But even now, the guards can play cards in front of the doors until our brave heroes die from hunger or thirst,..
    But no. They try to cut the nuclear blast door with a torch... You can't make this up. I'm telling you - comedy gold like The Room.

As a bonus, this pretentious hacks were kissing Bethesda's ass and troughout the game you can find toys from games like Doom, ESO, Fallout, Wallenstein...

Do not give money to this hacks. Do not listen the kids with perfect 10/10. Stay away from this garbage.
  13. Oct 16, 2017
    Закончил Визин 2 (он же The Evil Within 2). Итого заняло 17 с хвостиком часов чистого геиплей времени. Если кратко - отличная игра. Замечания и претензии есть, но это придирочки чисто от меня, которые другим людям скорей всего вообще не особо нужны.

Плюсы: 1) Небольшой открытый мир разделенные на локации - отличная штука которую жестко не юзают после супер коридорной первой части.

Плюсы:

2) Много контента
    3) Реальный выживач, как и первая часть, но немного (как мне показалось) уменьшен градус хардкорности (мб на ласт сложности там как раз тот самый "острый перчик" как в первой игре).
    4) Отличная история (правда некоторую часть истории выкинули, которую так же могли плести из первой части)
    5) Концовка дает надежду на возможно продолжение (или Длц?)
    6) Оружие не делает вас "Оверповером" из за очень малого кол-ва патронов по всей игре + без прокачки многие пушки не особо сильные.
    7) Есть враги которые "Люто ненавижу аааа уйди от меня сволочь"
    8) Кучу паранормальных штук
    9) 17 часов чистого геиплея - многие игры сеичас и столько не могут дать.
    10) В конце (в ласт 1-2 часа) крутые отсылки к первой части.

Минусы:

1) Арбалет испоганили как оружие почти полностью в сравнению с первой частью.
    2) Мало (почти нет) патронов на снаиперку и автомат (на него только крафтить)
    3) Некоторые части локации явно забыли доделать (т.е. между домами может быть странная пустота из земли и т.п.)
    4) Мили-бой так же ущербный как и в первой части.
    5) Из игры пропали ловушки (хотя в первой части их было очень много и они добавляли огромный градус остроты)
    6) ОЧЕНЬ МНОГО хилл травы (под конец закончил с 50+ штуками)
    7) Спорный баланс "спелов" по стоимости (да и вообще есть спорные)
    8) Некоторые удары боссов могут тебя ваншотнуть и похуй что у тебя макс выкачено хп и у тебя фулл полоска. Вот тупо ваншот-удар. Как с таким "играть" и проходить сложность - 1 смерть = начинаешь фулл игру с начала - мне не ясно. (при том что даже перки не работают на такой ваншот)
    9) Бои с некоторыми боссами можно было сделать интереснее.
    10) Часть за Кидман явно обрезали и не доделали.
    11) После конца игры осталось кучу вопросов - не ясно когда получим (и получим ли) ответы. Надеюсь на ДЛЦ к игре как минимум (как в первой части)
    12) На боссах твой навык стелса - это кусок дерьма (бесполезный), за то в остальное время очень нужная штука.

Не смотрите что я столько написал, это по большей части то, что наверное отделяет игру от "10 из 10". Думаю в среднем оценка в 8 или 8.5 была бы справедливой для данной игры. Любителям жанра это 9 и выше. Короче, рекомендую, но нужно как минимум знание сюжета первой части (играть в неё в наше время уже может быть больно для глаз к сожалению).
  14. Jun 19, 2020
    Compared with the first part, it sags greatly in optimization, in the plot and in the villains, the slurry in the end is of course in general.
  15. Oct 13, 2017
    Well this is...unexpected. I did not like the first game too much. The PC version was bad and my main issue with it is that it just wasn't effective at being scary or tense or interesting or anything other than gruesome and annoying. It felt like a AAA publisher carelessly stomping on a genre that they don't understand.

This, on the other hand...is hard to review without spoiling it. I

This, on the other hand...is hard to review without spoiling it. I will say this though, this time it is VERY effective. When it wants you to feel panic and run, you do. When it wants you to breath in its decaying atmosphere and feel claustrophobia, you absolutely do. And it switches between those two modes constantly without ever feeling disjointed. It also wants you to wander around freely and explore, while also feeling like a carefully directed experience at the same time. Impossible, right? Turns out, no, it isn't. It also wants you to feel both powerful and frail at the same time, it wants the power fantasy of Resident Evil 5, but it wants you to be terrified that one misplayed confrontation will send it all crashing down. It succeeds. Oh, and it also wants to make you care about its characters and story. It does.

Evil Within 2 constantly walks on a tightrope while trying to balance opposites. The slight mistake could lead to you uninstalling it on the spot. It doesn't make that mistake. I will give it a 10, not because it is a perfect game, but because in my opinion it is a perfect sequel. It improves on Evil Within 1 as significantly as Silent hill 2 or Half Life 2 did on their part 1's. If you like survival horror, don't ignore this.
  16. Oct 13, 2017
    That's a very good second entrance from Tango we got here.

I've just beaten the game in Nightmare and I was overall delighted with the way the game handles its new orientation. It has an interesting way of delivering its core elements to the player. The whole game is taking place in the city of Union, pivotal place giving off plenty of room for exploration through semi-open areas.
    That's a very good second entrance from Tango we got here.

The whole game is taking place in the city of Union, pivotal place giving off plenty of room for exploration through semi-open areas. The game design is thought in such a way that you alternate between narrow places focusing on frenzied chase scenes and more open scenery prone to exploration. As far as I'm concerned the parts unfolding "inside" were the most thrilling as it's mainly during those closed sequences that the real survival/horrific touch springs. I recommend playing in Nightmare because the challenge is present and also because the game design choices won't make you feel uncomfortable or frustrated in any way. If you plan your escape properly relying on infiltration (you'll have to do so in Nightmare, trust me) the outcome will be rewarding because you'll save bullets and also sweat a lot from time to time for fear of getting your head topped off - some death scenes are horrendously graphic, good thing in a TEW game. While sometimes you'll be forced to run as fast as you can, you'll also have to bring out the big underloaded guns so as to make heads fall off. Given that ammunition is more a of rare commodity in this mode (though the lack never turns out to be an artificial attempt to spice up the global challenge if you thoroughly search your surroundings) shooting at enemies will always require a good aim just as did the first episode and this is an important element when it comes to inducing anxiousness. The game itself is not as terrifying as an Amnesia or Outlast primarily because of this alternation between the inside and the outside - the outside being thought as a way to take a breather between two insane sequences.

The atmosphere is absolutely riveting and spine-tiggling. Both the pretty graphics (especially on PC) and FX sounds are the root of this result. A lot of questions find answers and the scenario more personal this time is very pleasant to follow. I find it good that the developers put Sebastian in the center of the plot this time. It was high time they set him forth. He's a lot more well written than before, giving rise to a more human, touching and sensitive figure. Big up to Stefano Valentini who is to my mind the best-rendered ingame antagonist alongside Obscura.

Good Points :
    - Well-written story
    - Stefano Valentini has a great fu*ked up personality
    - Pretty-looking (especially on PC)
    - More accurate aiming system than in the first
    - Shooting, running and stealth scenes feel good
    - Awesome bestiary chara design, gruesomely beautiful enemies (Well Sebastian's definitely a classy detective)
    - Quite lengthy for such a game (20h)
    - Smartly implemented crafting system
    - The bosses (Stefano)
    - Clearer story
    - Alternations inside/outside, a good idea...

Negative points :
    - ...resulting in a less blistering terror pace
    - Rigid animations (movements)
    - Minor collision bugs

This game doesn't revolutionize anything but the execution of its mechanics is indubitably qualitative. We get to delve into a hellacious story with many strong points one should definitely consider experiencing. Do not expect this game to turn your blood into ice like Outlast or Amnesia because it's not as terrifying (neither was the first game btw) but do expect however a wacko journey that will have you venture into a twisted and impressively well rendered mad world where rationalism seems to be an intruder. A really good experience. If you loved the first iteration of the series and are fond of singular survival-horror experiences, you definitely should consider giving TEW 2 a try.
  17. Oct 22, 2017
    The game is a masterpiece, the begginning is a little slower, but as you keep playing the game, he just become better and better. The history complete the story from the first game and end the journey of Sebastian Castellanos.

Give a chance to the game guys, i want a sequel.
  18. Oct 27, 2017
    I didn't like the first but The Evil Within 2 has improve everything. This 2nd part is much better as the previous one.
    PROS: Interesting story + Nice weapons & crafting system + Good ambient & graphics + Good side missions + Much to explore and different ways to cope the missions + Balanced checkpoints + etc

CONS: Total manual camera + No gamepad custom buttons
  19. Oct 18, 2017
    Amazing game
    First game was good but here everything is just better. No more small corridors and more bigger open areas which are fun and useful to explore as u find ammunition, gear, resources for crafting and collectibles which are references to other great games (which will most likely make u smile)
    Amazing game
    In conclusion: everything that's been in the 1st game got improved and the things players didn't like in the first game got changed in a better way. Not mentioning that the graphics got improved.
    10/10 without any doubt
    (also, I didn't expect this game to be a success or be better after the first one)
  20. Oct 14, 2017
    I have been playing resident evil since it came out for sega saturn. Love the survival horror genre. This game does belong in the genre, but to be fair it is more " the last of us on crack" as opposed to "resident evil " style... puzzles are garbage, or it would get a 9. The graphics, voice acting all OK. My game is running on ps PRo , but lagging a bit in some areas which REALLY kills theI have been playing resident evil since it came out for sega saturn. Love the survival horror genre. This game does belong in the genre, but to be fair it is more " the last of us on crack" as opposed to "resident evil " style... puzzles are garbage, or it would get a 9. The graphics, voice acting all OK. My game is running on ps PRo , but lagging a bit in some areas which REALLY kills the tension. Overall, im happy with this, as it was needed for the Friday the 13th vibe. If this came out in any other month than october, we would probably see 7-8 scores across the board. VAST improvement over 1, which i did not bother to finish. Expand
  21. Oct 15, 2017
    Excellent game, it takes everything from the first one, and makes it a hundred times better, absolutely loved it, despite de collision bugs, it was just perfect, a survival horror at it finest.
  22. Oct 13, 2017
    Finally seems like the producers have come out of the negative spiral that enveloped the first chapter full of bugs and many other kind of mistakes. The game looks solid in all the aspects, Graphics, soundtracks, fear and mistery. Enjoyable gameplay and most of all you never know what awaits you 2 steps ahead. Strongly recommended.
  23. Nov 13, 2020
    Just came here to say, here's my negative review for this awful game............
  24. Oct 24, 2017
    Excellent game, I enjoyed it completely. Loved the open areas, the improved stealth (new ways to kill enemies), the story, everything. Its better than its predecessor.
  25. Oct 14, 2017
    The Evil Within 2 is so good that i decided to play on nightmare difficulty just to get best out of it i love the first one and the second and i will for sure play new game plus over and over again
  26. Oct 28, 2017
    Даже лучше первой части. Не ожидал такого качественного продолжения. Если кратко, то разработчики исправили ошибки первой части и улучшили все плюсы второй. Да, геймплей всё ещё немного посредственный, но сюжет и атмосфера всё вытягивают.Даже лучше первой части. Не ожидал такого качественного продолжения. Если кратко, то разработчики исправили ошибки первой части и улучшили все плюсы второй. Да, геймплей всё ещё немного посредственный, но сюжет и атмосфера всё вытягивают.
  27. Oct 29, 2017
    I loved the first game, its one of the best games out there and I did not understand the hate people gave it.
    This one is an OpenWorld yet it has chapters just like the original. The exploring is incredibly fun. Sneaking and killing monsters and finding loots is satisfying. The graphics are good and alive with level details and a story driven game but so was the first game and beautiful art.

Open world games are usually boring with less details and less quality. Some Open world games are made in a right way which makes them quality and this one is one of these game that gives you quality.

I don't understand the people who are saying its copy-paste from many games. First of all its NOT. And second of all there is nothing wrong with taking ideas from other games as long as they being executed and done right which is what this game exactly have done.

The ONLY DOWN side is that these "zombies" have glowing eyes which I hate because it makes them less serious and not scary at all. And There are no gun suppressor in the game which is sad because its gives the game less stealthy mechanics.

All in All I am loving the hell of it and exploring every inch of the game. Not every day we get such an awesome survivor horror game and that's why you should enjoy it fully.

If you loved the first game you will definitely love this one!
  28. Oct 15, 2017
    last time i had this much fun on any horror game was resident evil 4 ( 2005 ) The evil within 2 is awesome game. All bad stuff from the first game was taken away and replaced to better. story was great and game play was fantastic open areas you can move way you want, there are lots of guns, there is stealth, if you like survival horror and thinking is this a good game i can say it is solidlast time i had this much fun on any horror game was resident evil 4 ( 2005 ) The evil within 2 is awesome game. All bad stuff from the first game was taken away and replaced to better. story was great and game play was fantastic open areas you can move way you want, there are lots of guns, there is stealth, if you like survival horror and thinking is this a good game i can say it is solid 9/10. This became one of my favorite games i have played. Expand
  29. May 22, 2019
    Great game. Way better than the first part. Loved most of it. I still didn't like the running away sequences or the sneaking stuff, but the fighting was great. Also the story was amazing... so was the sound. Pickens approves!
  30. Jun 29, 2020
    Here is how I have ended with a mere 6/10 for metacritic.

Even though the grand Plot of the story is better on EW2, and the game is very playable as a story experience, EW2 is a step down from EW1 in so many ways: 1 Story is forgettable where it matters i.e. in actual localised story and script and it's cardboard cut-out villians 2 Colour schemes/art and atmosphere is a significant
    Here is how I have ended with a mere 6/10 for metacritic.

2 Colour schemes/art and atmosphere is a significant step-down from EW1
    3 Weapons are considered secondary to the stealth 'executions'
    4 Most of what made EW1 combat Wonderful and interesting has been removed i.e. environmental traps like tripwire mines and bombs, unique traps
    5 Open world is dull and offers nothing more than busy work -which is the definition of an open world done wrong.
    6 Combat is made dull by points 3, 4 and 5 being so Massive to the operation of the game
    7 This is compounded by reusing the same map again i.e. revisiting an open world area, and re spawning a new set of similar mobs
    8 Horror atmosphere is distinctly lacking
    9 Player death sequences have been removed 99% of time, except in minor exceptions
    10 Whiny characters scripts
    Somethings that are decent about the game:
    1 Over branching Plot is nice concept
    2 Game is very playable, in general for the story experience
    3 Open world exploration is rewarded
    4 Generally well optimised - i had no issue with graphics and performance
    5 Certain modernisation of game, like :
    *In game-games at hub - though these seem compltely out of style with the rest of the game, almost as an escape...
    *In-game skill system for character and weapons does helps and does work
    * Upgrade economy , although repetitive is still ok

I reviewed this on steam a long time ago, but my conclusion was a DONT RECOMMEND. The more I think about it more, the more this game is compltely missable and especially how the stealth + open world have completely ruined it - let alone the completely weak horror element with poor use of colours and atmosphere.

As far as I'm concerned because so much is missing from the 2nd that was in the 1st, they have ruined what made EW1 good - and so we have the generic, story game - the horror story line is quite conservative too, a story of a father and his daughter.
  31. Jun 21, 2020
    Великолепная игра...... Одна из не многих которую я прошел не один раз и на разных сложностях... рекомендую !!!
  32. Nov 13, 2017
    It's, okay: I enjoyed the start of the game more than I expected to, the middle-portion started to wane quite a bit and by the end I had started to get bored with it.

Initially it had a bit of a Silent Hill 2 feel to it (I never did play the first Silent Hill) and I was hoping that it would open up in the same way with exploring various areas and finding out via "brute force" where you could or couldn't go. Sadly TEW2 instead have me a lot of "points of interest" that turned out to not actually be that interesting.

The weapon and character customization are pretty cool however the lack of weapons and actual "abilities" made this all feel sort of tacked on. I ended up with an over-powered pistol that left me hardly ever using my shotgun or crossbow; fun for an experiment but too cumbersome to bother with unless you like counting your steps between doorways.

Another thing that started to really annoy me was the slowed down pace at many points...I'd just had an adrenaline-fueled shootout or encounter and then I was forced into a slowed down walk to a gate, a jump to an alternate "alternate" reality that did nothing but frustrate me (because why slow down the action so quickly to almost halt it entirely)...

It tries to be a lot of things but fails to actually master any of them. At one point an AI enemy ran away from me but forced my character to move very slowly (appeared like lag) until it had exited the area...the what now?

Nothing really scared me either so while it does have some really nasty looking subjects I really almost felt as if I was in a cheap horror movie more than something making me want to run away.

Your character will almost always start with saying "What the hell...". It gets stale really quickly.

Anyway enough with this review. It was okay but not worth picking up at full price and if you're okay with everything I've mentioned above then you'll probably enjoy portions of it as I did but at the same time don't expect it to be all fun and games.
  33. Nov 28, 2017
    overall, game is solid, but it could be way better. developers like couldnt specify if they want to make a action game, shooter, suirvival horror or adventure. final product is a mix of everything and it's not the best balance imo. there are some pretty good horror elements to build a atmosphere on it but suddenly everything goes into action and killing. like in dying light, soon you willoverall, game is solid, but it could be way better. developers like couldnt specify if they want to make a action game, shooter, suirvival horror or adventure. final product is a mix of everything and it's not the best balance imo. there are some pretty good horror elements to build a atmosphere on it but suddenly everything goes into action and killing. like in dying light, soon you will find in situation that u're chasing the enemies for reward rather than hiding and avoiding. but then ammo is noiwehre to find at least first 75% of the game and you need to take stealth approach which is a little bit boring. you have a few nice weapons but munition is so rare to find. story is growing throughout the game and from slow start it's getting more and more thrilling . overall, it's a good game, not the best in genre but deffinitely not the worst. too bad they didnt put some more horror elements. Expand
  34. Oct 15, 2017
    Not enough of its own thing
    The Evil within 2 a quote unquote Survival horror game where you once again play as Sebastian... This time however the story is much more personal and therefore miles better than the original as you’re out to save your daughter instead of chase after a lunatic… The story has some touching moment and is greatly told… easily the best part of
    Not enough of its own thing
    The story has some touching moment and is greatly told… easily the best part of this experience…
    The rest of the game though for the most part in my opinion is a step in the wrong direction…
    This game calls itself a horror game, but to me this 12 and a half hours felt more like an action 3rd person shooter zombie game with sprinkles of horror.. especially compared to the first…
    there are the occasional monsters like the first game, and there are a few really great chapters here, especially in the beginning…
    But The Evil Within 2 went more the route of an open world supply gathering stealth game than a linear puzzle solving horror game like the original..
    The makes for a really good action game... not for a very good horror games as I find zombies to be more annoying than they are scary…
    The Evil Within 2 is essentially taking Resident Evil 4, Silent Hills, The Evil Within, and The Last of Us and throwing it into a blender, but never quite being as good as any of those 4 parts…
    The first half of the game is more open worldy, where you’re in a creep town called union..
    There are side quests all around this town that will lead to creepy encounter, enemies to kill for their goo... but more importantly weapons…
    IF you want all the weapons in this game you have to actually work for them…
    I didn’t dislike this section of the game… I just could’ve definitely done without it…
    I was tense while exploring this tiny town trying my hardest to not alarm enemies, kill them for their goo get what I can and get out… go back to the safe house, upgrade my weapons with the scraps I found a round a get back out there…
    Which is where the last of us influence comes into play…
    The light crafting system here for ammo and medpacks is heavily inspired by the last of us, and you can craft items on the go, but doing so at a crafting table uses less materials, so is worth searching for..
    Speaking of the green goo...
    the nurse lady in the mirror is back to help you on your journey to save your daughter... letting you upgrade your health, combat, and stealth in a skill tree in exchange..
    You’ll also be able to take to a shooting range for rewards to help upgrade your character...
    Stealth this time around feels a little clunky to me and enemies are annoyingly unpredictable… where I found them turning around right before I was ready to get them from behind with a quick kill…
    though combat isn’t too difficult, as most will go down with a couple nice headshots, ammo seems to be pretty readily available, and you’re able to pick up axes that work as a 1 hit kill melee attack.. .though you do have a knife if you’re out of ammo or materials to craft more... which is a situation I never found myself in…
    Especially thanks to the safe houses in this game where you can stock up on a few bullets and refill your health with a cup of coffee so you can save your syringes and med packs for boss fights…
    The best part of this game is when you get back into the main storyline…
    There are a great number of characters you’ll run into, hate, and even care for…
    And some of the missions do the cool layers of fear thing where you turn around and the room is changed or there’s a door there that wasn’t there before… really creeping you out…
    Sadly these creepy moments only exist in the first half and the horror aspects completely disappear until something else happens for a brief moment that ties into the first game that I won’t spoil, but it just reminded me of the potential of this series and made me sad when the game continued and I was just back to feeling like I was Nathan drake with none of the charm having a weird nightmare…
    I was a huge fan of the original evil within until a game breaking bug stopped me from completing it…
    Thankfully the evil within 2 is much more polished and I ran into 0 bugs the whole time…
    It’s just not what I wanted from it…
    The Evil Within 2 feels like a completely different game than the original..
    It’s just lacking in the horror field... I’m tired of zombies…
    But for what it is, this is a really good action game…
    I give The Evil Within 2
    a 7.5/10
  35. Nov 5, 2017
    Although being a great game the controls of it felt very clunky and at times frustrating. The gun controls are very difficult to control and actually getting off shots is very difficult at times making me frustrated with the game rather than actually enjoying it. However it is a very immersive horror experience, and I do feel properly scared when I'm playing it, that aspect of the game,Although being a great game the controls of it felt very clunky and at times frustrating. The gun controls are very difficult to control and actually getting off shots is very difficult at times making me frustrated with the game rather than actually enjoying it. However it is a very immersive horror experience, and I do feel properly scared when I'm playing it, that aspect of the game, worked very well. Expand
  36. Jan 31, 2022
    I played this on PS4 and I hate this game's story and direction so much that I put negative review here as well. If you loved the first game, you would be disappointed with this game.
  37. Oct 24, 2017
    The best game in years.I'm tired of suspense, I need a completely complete story with a hint of the continuation of this universe.Sebastian must have.
  38. Sep 20, 2021
    Just one word is enough to describe this game; trash. Gameplay is not fun or tense at all. The first game, especially AKUMU mode, was a lot better than this one. All you have in this game is lazily made open area, but boring bosses and characters. None of the bosses in this game was interesting as Ruvik and it’s even impressive that literally every character in this game is one-dimensional.
  39. Sep 20, 2021
    I just hate this game so much. TEW1 was a very lovable game but I can't like this game, at all. The plot is very bad and misogynistic and like a 70s American movie, the game is not as interesting as the first game and it hurts to see they kill off so many characters in this game.

And who the f is this game's protagonist? He is supposed to be Sebastian 3 years after the first game but he just doesn't look like Sebastian. And he is not heroic or attractive anymore. This game's Sebastian doesn't really care about other people, he just want his daughter back as his property. It's so sad Sebastian became **** protagonist in this game.
  40. Oct 6, 2021
    I've heard some people saying like "the first one is a better horror game and the second game is a better action game", but eh part 2 isn't even good as an action game imo. Honestly the action in this game is just like a copy and paste from other games and map design, AIs and bosses etc were far better and memorable in part 1.
  41. Oct 11, 2021
    + smoother gameplay than 1.

- boring antagonists. - worse level design than 1. - too stealth heavy. - horrible scripts and voice acting. - doesn't follow up the first game's storyline. - Sebastian being a whiny bastard, who doesn't really care about anyone. - tropy, male-centric, terrible writing that white American dudes would love. Seriously, overprotective and selfless mother
    + smoother gameplay than 1.

- boring antagonists.
    - worse level design than 1.
    - too stealth heavy.
    - horrible scripts and voice acting.
    - doesn't follow up the first game's storyline.
    - Sebastian being a whiny bastard, who doesn't really care about anyone.
    - tropy, male-centric, terrible writing that white American dudes would love. Seriously, overprotective and selfless mother figure of Myra was really outdated I can't believe this came out in 2017.
    - overall really really soulless.
  42. Dec 21, 2017
    Gameplay is slow and clunky. This is the problem that consoles have brought to gaming. Game designers have to design the action sequences around the speed of the response time that people can manage with the crippled input devices that are on consoles. Character motion is so awkward and imprecise. I feel like I was moving through sludge.

The skill tree is basically crippled. 1/2 way

The skill tree is basically crippled. 1/2 way through the game I leveled up the predator skill thinking yay here's something I can use, but I never activated once. The help says sneak up behind someone and watch for the red marker. You do that and the red marker never appears. So you just stealth kill them as pre-level predator.

Is it scary? Well for me Dead Space 1 and 2 set the bar in scary action games. The Evil Within 2 might be scary if you haven't experienced a scary action game before. Maybe I am immune to scares after playing Dead Space. Although it does have some weird bukakke like monster, if I wanted to watch porn, I'd watch porn.
  43. Oct 18, 2017
    I took a chance buying this game at full price, especially with mixed feelings about the first in the series.

I could hardly believe the quality I witnessed throughout the entire game. It is a phenomenal masterpiece. A perfect sequel, in the way that it improves -everything- from the predecessor. This game is completely insane and thoroughly amazing. Extremely fun, replayable, engaging, rewarding, has epic Bioshock-quality characters, with movie quality cinematics in a few areas, and the gunplay is superb. Excellent character progression. The ending is really satisfying and it's the ending we deserve. I was really shocked at how great this game was. Each day I started it up, it was a pleasure and a privilege. Thank you Bethesda, as it was obvious you were much more involved in this title, compared to the first one. It's obvious that your relationship with the revered designer, Shinji Mikami and his employees at Tango Gameworks is a special one.

Thank you for making such a great game!
  44. Oct 22, 2017
    Overall a very good game, with enjoyable combat and gameplay mechanics. The voice work was solid throughout, although the script was a bit hit or miss. Visually it was decent, but nothing that will blow you away, although the mob design was excellent, the final boss is one of the best looking I've ever seen. Technically is where the game falls short, the PC port is not good as highlightedOverall a very good game, with enjoyable combat and gameplay mechanics. The voice work was solid throughout, although the script was a bit hit or miss. Visually it was decent, but nothing that will blow you away, although the mob design was excellent, the final boss is one of the best looking I've ever seen. Technically is where the game falls short, the PC port is not good as highlighted by Digital Foundry and other tech websites, it's impossible to get a fully locked 1080p/60fps experience regardless of hardware. I ended up playing at 900p which offered 60fps most of the time, without compromising the visuals too much. I'm hoping the developers will patch it sometime in the future, if you're not dying to play it now I'd wait until they do because it's a really good game, but the performance issues do harm the overall product. Expand
  45. Oct 21, 2017
    Best horror game of 2017. Characters can be a little bland at points, but overall the game is sufficiently creepy with an interesting story and very entertaining gameplay.
  46. Oct 28, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What bothered me the most is the repetitive storytelling with needles plot twists.
    I actually felt the urge to die vs the last boss, since our main character can´t protect anything a long the entire game; shots at his own mates, has no clue what was and is going around him and manages to kill the only one possible survivor from the primary team, by roasting his brain. Also don´t forget that tons of innocent people got killed too, since "even the toilet cleaners had a chip implemented"
    Probably the worst person to "take care of" other people
    Felt like watching a very cheesy action movie in which the hero is not the smartest guy around
  47. Jul 30, 2018
    Великолепный хоррор, интересный сюжет, хороший геймплей. Однозначно в коллекцию!
    P.S. Играл на "Кошмаре", а это живучие враги и вечная нехватка патронов - всё как мы любим:)
  48. Oct 24, 2019
    I beat this game like 12 times, the story is perfect and the gameplay is awesome. Better than the first one imo.
  49. Oct 22, 2021
    This game is a downgrade from the first one in every way. Like a weaker sequel of Silent Hill Downpour. The “open” map wasn’t well made. The writing was one of the worst ones I’ve seen in video games.
  50. Oct 18, 2017
    When you first start Evil Within 2 and reach Act 3 you'll probably ask yourself what exactly was the point in Acts 1 & 2? But considering this game has 17 Acts you'll soon learn why as you progress. The Evil Within 2 is everything the first game in the series should've been. It's clean, creepy with some disturbing locations and the Story including the cutscenes is well executed. The openWhen you first start Evil Within 2 and reach Act 3 you'll probably ask yourself what exactly was the point in Acts 1 & 2? But considering this game has 17 Acts you'll soon learn why as you progress. The Evil Within 2 is everything the first game in the series should've been. It's clean, creepy with some disturbing locations and the Story including the cutscenes is well executed. The open world transition in the first game didn't really pan out but it works great here. I don't think i've had to sneak around any open world map as much as i did in Evil Within 2. Well worth the price. One annoyance is the number of times the Clint Eastwood voiceover says "What the..." Expand
  51. Oct 29, 2017
    Кофе мой друг... (The Evil Within 2)

Кофе мой друг... (The Evil Within 2)

TEW2 утратил всякий ужас оригинала. Ни тебе кривого управления или не раскрытых механик, ни тебе финала, который был упакован в два DLC, ни боссов на глупо работающих скриптах. Благо хоть гнетущую атмосферу и чувство неизбежности оставили на месте. Шутка ли, но в игре остался только тот кошмар, который так полюбился в первой части. И пусть теперь игра больше триллер чем хоррор, она чувствуется полноценной второй частью со всеми вытекающими из неё жидкостями. Уже с первой главы приходит понимание, что если персонаж и погибнет, то это только вина человека играющего за него, а не своеобразный геймдизайнерский ход. И пусть условности остались, но зато теперь они окупаются желанием к исследованию и вознаграждаются подобающим образом. The Evil Within 2 делает всё чтобы те кто прошёл первую часть действительно поняли почему стоило поддерживать эту франшизу банкой зелени, а для только погружающихся в этот омут пугающих мыслей, показать насколько прекрасен рассвет новой истории серии Миками.
  52. Jan 6, 2018
    That crafting **** in every single game has to stop, i stopped the game because of the crafting, it has nothing to do in this kind of game.
  53. Oct 21, 2017
    The Evil Within 2 is an incredibly addictive and fun experience, while also feeling much better in it's own skin compared to it's predecessor. Although I found myself enjoying the first game as well, this sequel really managed to do what sequels generally should, but often don't - take the unique and essential parts of the previous game, and make it better while also throwing in somethingThe Evil Within 2 is an incredibly addictive and fun experience, while also feeling much better in it's own skin compared to it's predecessor. Although I found myself enjoying the first game as well, this sequel really managed to do what sequels generally should, but often don't - take the unique and essential parts of the previous game, and make it better while also throwing in something new. The story, which is arguably the worst aspect of the first game, is at the very least, solid, and by the end of the game you realize that you actually started to care and sympathize with these characters, an important part of the gameplay the original is completely oblivious to. The plot is much more understandable and better paced, with more emotion and yes, even better acting.. but what helped the story of The Evil Within 2 the most, is the drive of the main character. Sebastian in the first game is a brave, but oddly indifferent detective who wants to do the right thing, busting heads and telling bad jokes on the way. Pretty much a bleak buffoon of a character with no clear motivation. Sebastian in the second game is a father, a husband, a mistrusting friend, a washed-up cop, a man who lost everything, and also a man with a second chance at life.. sure, he's still a little brash and grizzled, but hey - that's okay, because now he HAS DRIVE. The grotesque and dark gothic feel of dread of the first game was toned down as well, to a more tasteful and meaningful measure. The gameplay mechanics are pretty similar, with some clear inspiration taken from The Last Of Us - also something I met with a smile, as it blends well with the game as a whole. The first instalment was a heavily-violent bundle of a bunch of different games relatively skillfully blended into one. The second one is a game of it's own. It's not a perfect game, but it's a big step in the right direction. Should the third instalment be better from the second as much as the second was from the first, we might just be looking at a new game of the year. In my book, this game is exactly 8.5/10, but since it's really entertaining, I'll give it a 9. Cheers. Expand
  54. Jan 27, 2018
    HARD TO SAY, THAT THIS ACTUALLY IS SEQUEL TO THE FIRST "THE EVIL WITHIN". THIS GAME IS, WHAT THE FIRST GAME SHOULD HAVE BEEN, FROM THE WHOLE BEGINNING! BUT OF COURSE, THERE ARE STILL SOME FLAWS.

POSITIVES: - Great Open-World Feel - Great Gameplay Mechanics - Meaning of The Story - Visuals - Audio Design (When i heard the cat, in "Sebastian's" office for the first time, i thought

POSITIVES:
    - Great Open-World Feel
    - Great Gameplay Mechanics
    - Meaning of The Story
    - Visuals
    - Audio Design (When i heard the cat, in "Sebastian's" office for the first time, i thought that it was my cat at first.)

NEGATIVES:
    - Tank/Clunky Controls (Shinji Mikami?)
    - Sometimes Really Bad Voice Acting (Mainly for Sebastian...)
    - Some of The Characters are Totally Bland and Have No Meaning
    - After Finishing the Game Some of The Side Missions do Feel Pointless
    - Ending of The Game Appears Unfinished (Some collision boundaries are so linear and limited, than the rest of the game.)

PLAYED ON NIGHTMARE.
  55. Nov 13, 2017
    Fantastic gameplay. Smooth, very well paced, great controls and a very satisfying upgrade system. I had so much fun, especially when playing stealthily. Graphics are pretty as well, except for the awful anti-aliasing. Well optimized. I'd definitely even play it again.

The story is ok, but it's riddled with cringeworthy cliches, ridiculous cutscenes with bad acting, unnessessary melodrama and bland characters. I expected this from The Evil Within, but come on, at least try!

The game is so amazing, however, that it makes up for all of that.
  56. Jul 4, 2020
    Um dos melhores survival horror da atualidade, inovando e trazendo mundo aberto ao gênero e um dos melhores protagonistas dos games.

57. Oct 21, 2017
    The Evil Within 2 - the sequel to psychedelic hell. The first part challenged the players, had a dark but attractive atmosphere, gameplay Resident Evil 4 (which is good), but sags in the plot. The game had a certain charm, she attracted, was forced to return to his dark world, because if hell is, it looks like the first The Evil Within. The second part did John Johanas, which wasThe Evil Within 2 - the sequel to psychedelic hell. The first part challenged the players, had a dark but attractive atmosphere, gameplay Resident Evil 4 (which is good), but sags in the plot. The game had a certain charm, she attracted, was forced to return to his dark world, because if hell is, it looks like the first The Evil Within. The second part did John Johanas, which was responsible for the DLC for the first part, and keep an eye on him, Shinji Mikami. It is felt that the sequel was done by other people, but the game does not become worse.

This time the plot is much simpler and clearer than in the first game, which went only benefit. After completing The Evil Within 2, you'll have no issues. Along with the story and changed the gameplay. Moreover, the linear stages is not particularly changed. There we were still locked in a small space, and we need to hide, or alternately kill monsters. This game is still a survival horror, even more survival. Survival now became more developed thanks to the Kraft and, of course, appeared in open locations. It's not open world, but explore that. In an open world we can find the various items for crafting, to carry out the plot and additional missions. The extra missions are very interesting and related to by Sebastian. Additional tasks third party to tell us stories in this world. In the first part of the Chapter commercials from 2 to 9 we aimlessly killing monsters and tried to survive. It was not easy and hardcore, but often a story or at least some clear goal was not simple. Here we always understand why we do something. Even when the plot is not particularly develops, we learn some other history.

Open world is a controversial decision, but it is justified by the plot. In the first part we traveled through the ruined mind of a psycho. Here, in the minds built the city, and the developers wanted this part of the story was the gameplay. We have several parts of the city, but the plot is still developing in corridor spaces. Linear locations are made more fiction. Now they consist not only of blood and guts. This is a separate surreal, psychedelic locations. The head is sometimes very transient and sometimes perceived simply as a new paragraph, so to speak. In the first game of the head was really something separate. But storytelling has grown and the main story runs through the whole game, a special sagging is not seen. Of course, in the middle of it, as usual, not much, but you did not notice, because you always have a goal and understanding what is happening.

The monsters are all the same threat as in the first part, but they looked more vile and disgusting. Even ordinary opponents with their barbed wire over the body and nailed to the skull. In the sequel, even bosses are not as challenging. In the first part often can not be just to kill the boss with them was a special gameplay. Here are they without special problems elementary shot. Remember the huge twins, big dog? Now, this is not here. Here or bosses or normal enemies (normal enemies, there are several types and some are extremely dangerous). Also removed the mechanics from the burning of ordinary opponents, because even before the common infected just so the knife could not be seperate, now this is no problem (but I understand that this mechanic was removed from the STEM of another world). Due to the open world, the game became easier. Enemies are still strong. But because of the vast spaces you can easily get around them, or even to escape to the sanctuary, you will chase the crowd. The first part was not enough traps, in which could get the player, or to do otherwise - to lure them into the enemy, but in the sequel traps almost there. Also open world drops to the pacing and tempo of scaring the player. In the linear stages of the game can still challenge and some where to scare. This is not a stupid third-person shooter. Here you need to survive, to save health packs and bullets.

The Evil Within 2 took into account the mistakes of its predecessor, and became great Thriller-adventure, this survival in a hostile world. The game has expanded, deepened gameplay, linear locations have become more inventive, the game has acquired a clear and intriguing storyline. For me it will likely be game of the year. Especially because of the ending. Very beautiful final point. Of course, there are small hooks to continue, but without him it will be a great film series about detective Sebastian Castellanos.
  58. Nov 29, 2017
    Great followup game. Stealth is improved upon. Bosses could have been a little better though. Mysterious cliffhanger if you ask me like the first game. I really want a followup DLC to know the fate of certain characters.
  59. Nov 16, 2017
    First of, the game RUN sooo SMOOTH on my GTX 1050, unlike the first one that was barely unplayable 15-25 fps, The Evil Within 2 is just soo much better like x2 better than the original, the setting is great, a bit of familiar on the world of the first one, but this time it's more open and a lot of exploration you can do to this world, story of event that had happen can be discovered byFirst of, the game RUN sooo SMOOTH on my GTX 1050, unlike the first one that was barely unplayable 15-25 fps, The Evil Within 2 is just soo much better like x2 better than the original, the setting is great, a bit of familiar on the world of the first one, but this time it's more open and a lot of exploration you can do to this world, story of event that had happen can be discovered by exploring, and the Big POINTS, why this game is sooo much better is that i care about Sebastian's goal and his character, than the first game, and so are the side characters you can meet in the world, there are side missions as well but which is there to be rewarded by items you need.

so all in all, great story, and a great ending, good characters, and over all it's just a great GAME.

if you like a silent hill-ish type and a bit of a last of us gameplay and story, then this game is a must play.

i would actually do a NG+ on this, cause i might have other areas i haven't explored

took me 17hr. to complete my first playthrough

a GREAT GAME, thanks shinji mikami
  60. Oct 17, 2017
    Hi, been gaming since the days of the ZX-81 (35 years), first review here though as enjoying the game;

Playing the game on survival first at WQHD on a 50" TV, using keyboard and mouse as have a bed stand so no discomfort there, compared with using controller. (Better headshot rate with the mouse) (Rig GTX 1080, 16gb ram, i5 intel OC'd to 4.8mhz) Pros - Similar shooting / melee

(Rig GTX 1080, 16gb ram, i5 intel OC'd to 4.8mhz)

Pros
    - Similar shooting / melee mechanics as RE4 which is not a bad thing
    - Great graphics, getting 40fps at 4k ultra settings and 80fps at 2560 x 1440 (WQHD) ultra settings. 40fps is fine though as it a third person. Graphics look AAA to me.
    - Like the way you can forage for ages (as I am a completionist) or just stay on the main quest line.
    - great enemy animations (I like fleshy looking monsters rather than daft ones like in prey 2017, especially when you blow the guts out of them).
    - Like the shooting gallery in the nurses room just in case you need a bit more equipment.

Cons
    - Bit of a slow start, not much to fight for a while (you can skip most cut scenes with Q though)
    - A few bugs like NPC's missing in safe rooms but you can still hear them speaking. (I Just went through the broken mirror and back into the room to fix this bug, as the man reappeared) Also a bug in a safe room were the workbench disappeared until i saved the game and went back into the room. I'm sure a patch will be out soon for these things and nothing game breaking so...
    - Seems to be slight lag between picking up item (E on keyboard) and Sebastian actually picking them up also same delay when switching weapons, but this could be only for K&M rather then controller as have not tried that.

Overall 9/10 and will be playing again on nightmare mode and classic mode when i have the time (only 7 saves allowed in classic mode)

If you like survival horror this is a no brainer purchase especially if you can get it for £23.99 like myself from a keys company. I put this just behind RE4 and level with RE code veronica.
  61. Dec 18, 2017
    An amazing game in every way! One of the best I have ever played! Story, graphics, environment and music are all top notch and the fun factor is higher than propably any game I have played in 2017!
  62. Apr 29, 2018
    Sebastian's story continues in this fantastic sequel. The Evil Within 2 improves upon the first by allowing you to explore several semi-open worlds that contains lots of interesting side content.
  63. Aug 28, 2020
    Я прошел «The Evil Within 2» и это было классно. Я давно не получал такого удовольствия, хоть и не сверх яркого. Даже как-то жаль, что продолжительное время оставлял игру на потом и только сейчас умудрился её вытащить из бэклога.

Весьма трогательная и красивая история с приятным дизайном говорящих персонажей. Но не скажу, что именно сюжет оказался для меня главным блюдом. Хотя вот постановка многих моментов тут просто потрясающая. Например, погружение в прошлое или путешествие между терминала сети. Но по большей мере Я остался доволен именно игровым процессом. Прогулки на корточках по кустам в здешних полуоткрытых локациях провинциального городка в поисках припасов и забав на свою пятую точку, с уклоном на незаметное и экономное устранение не особо запоминающихся и однообразных противников оставило самые приятные впечатления. А ещё кофе и холодная, но очаровательная Татьяна в сейфхаусах. Именно на эти сегменты у меня и пришлась большая часть веселья. К сожалению, каждый раз, когда игра прерывала подобные моменты и вынуждала прибегать к открытому бою оставались довольно неприятные впечатления. Хотя в целом боёвка тут соответствующая жанру и более-менее удобоваримая. Управление отзывчивое и приятное. Но мне не хватало возможности переназначить кнопки на геймпаде, хоть и имеющие раскладки вполне удобные и понятные.

Остался дико не удовлетворен здешним дизайном врагов и некоторых локаций. Да и анимации в игре периодически сходили с ума и ломались, что оставляло не лучшие впечатления. Хотя большая часть окружения и редизайн действующих лиц оставили меня довольным, особенно Кидман. В целом, игру Я так и характеризую – вполне уютной, с парой провисающих аспектов. Ну и печалит, что некоторые весьма конкретные намеки так и не получили продолжение в виде DLC или стенд-алона. Но, видимо, “успешные” продажи внесли свою коррективу. А пока есть соблазн пройти её на «New Game+» и сложности «Nightmare», да выбить часть оставшихся ачивок.
  64. Jul 8, 2020
    Impressive graphics and atmosphere , really nice game , nice story , some bugs but not too disturbing to give it lower than this , I would give 10 out of 10 actually
  65. Sep 18, 2021
    ====================IIIIIIIIII GAME SCORE : 73 IIIIIIIIII====================
  66. May 7, 2020
    I've finally played this game during quarantine, I loved it, just amazing gameplay and storytelling.
  67. Oct 9, 2020

Graphics - 9/10
    Gameplay - 7/10
    Audio - 7/10
    Story - 8/10
    Optimization - 10/10

Game Time - 28.2h
  68. Sep 14, 2020
    most entertaining game of ps4 xbox one era really i mean it i liked the town and enviorment serial killer villain stefano was awesome my favorite passtime is killing town enemies town was also beautiful in its own way in my opinion best game of ps4 xbox one era no.1 game
  69. Oct 14, 2017
    Here we are. 2017. After playing "Prey" over the summer ( what a great game ), I was dumb enough to give this one a try. Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat. What a boring game. Lousy story. Predictable action. I had to try hard on this one to keep going. What's annoying with these game developers is their cynicism. The same formula over and over again. Nothing new. And then they complainHere we are. 2017. After playing "Prey" over the summer ( what a great game ), I was dumb enough to give this one a try. Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat. What a boring game. Lousy story. Predictable action. I had to try hard on this one to keep going. What's annoying with these game developers is their cynicism. The same formula over and over again. Nothing new. And then they complain about poor sales. Can't say nothing more. I gave it a 2 for graphics. That's about it. It's 2017. And game developers are still stuck in 2001. Let's hope Virtual Reality will change things. Expand
  70. Feb 17, 2018
    Very SUX game

evil within 1 is Best Game of 2014
    But evil within 2 is almost worst games at 2017

no horror no mise en scène
    and WTF open World??
    Resident evil series is not GTA
    japanese TPS game dont need Open World
    i think reason of why evil within 2 SUX
    Cos of Director
    Come Back Mikami Plz!
  71. Oct 15, 2017
    To sum up : Michael Bay made a game for Dinsney and they dare to call it survival horror.

I wanted to play and review this, but after 10 minutes of "gameplay" I find myself gathering the willpower to press on. One thing is clear, this is a supernatural horror flick, not a horror game. I was forced into a story I give zero **** about, why cant we have some sense of mistery? This thing starts like a **** episode of Supernatural, shoves **** in your face instead of subtly building tension. The controls feel abysmal as well, you thought the Witcher 3 had clunky movement? This is way worse, and why the **** is this in third person to begin with, isnt this supposed to be immersive? I m going to play a bit and finish this review, but I bet the enemies will be scripted as **** barely reacting to things you do, there s gonna be a ****ton of explosion, gore and bright flashes, maybe it evolves into a decent action game like Dead space 3 ( i quite liked that).

Okay, played 5 seconds and I m pissed off. The guy manifests in an another world and the first door he encounters he kicks in. This would be hilarious in Machete 3, but I want to feel terror, not be **** John Wick in a horror game...
  72. Oct 18, 2017
    Overall a much better package than the previous one.

Pros: The survival horror. The atmosphere of this game is very interesting and can be right down horror in some cases. Low carry capacity for each weapon means every shot counts. The combat itself is a bit improved and it encourages stealth approach due to lack of resource in higher difficulty setting. Also there's not much QWE, so
    Overall a much better package than the previous one.

Pros:
    The survival horror. The atmosphere of this game is very interesting and can be right down horror in some cases. Low carry capacity for each weapon means every shot counts. The combat itself is a bit improved and it encourages stealth approach due to lack of resource in higher difficulty setting. Also there's not much QWE, so no cheap death like the first game.

Characters are relatable and voice acting is improved. The story is better in the sense that it doesn't leave you with more questions than answers like its previous game.

Cons:
    The story stretches thin sometimes to fit a rather big plotline. So some of the characters feel a bit "rush" and anti-climatic at the end. Plot holes are still there and there's not much follow-up with whatever happened in the first game.

For gameplay, combat can feel repetitive as many monsters are kind of just a reskinned version of the previous game. I would argue that Evil Within 1 probably has more interesting monsters than this one. There's also no puzzle in this game. If there is one, it's too easy.
  73. Nov 12, 2017
    A surprisingly emotional experience that had me gripped from start to finish. Even if you're not a horror fan you should play Evil within 2. One of my favorite games of 2017.
  74. Dec 26, 2019
    Shinji Mikami he has steel balls, he and his team have created the best horror of this decade, you have to be an idiot to say otherwise, Resident evil 7 is a poo for children.
  75. Sep 27, 2021
    'The Evil Within 2' improves in many ways over the original. However there are still a few major issues that keep this game from achieving greatness.

The original game was difficult but mostly due to the awful controls and the abominable x100 zoom-in when aiming your weapons. Once the enemies flanked you, it was over, blame the enormous amount of zoom-in the game provided. The controls in Evil Within 2 are still a bit bad, especially when enemies get up close to you. The aiming however is vastly improved, it is still not what it should be, but it is a significant improvement over its predecessor.

The game starts out awfully slow, forty minutes worth of cinematics including the kind that make you walk through them. Nothing like taking control from the player to break immersion. I don't mind and actually enjoy cinematics, but I only ask that it doesn't have me walk at a snails pace through them. Why can't I run anymore? Why can't I aim my weapon? Every time I was getting sunk in the atmosphere, Sebastian's headache again, here comes the wobbly walls and camera, time for the scripted ghost "chase" again.

I never thought the original was scary but the game did manage to create some tension. This was mostly thanks to the bosses. But in Evil within 2, aside from the Buzz-Saw Stalker and the things that crawl, there isn't anything else that can get your adrenaline going. The enemy Ai is still pretty awful, while the stealth is pretty solid, it's not entirely needed, enemies will stop chasing you after a few seconds.

There is also the problem of ammo, even on new game plus I never had full ammo on anything until near the end of my second play-through. I started new game plus and relied on brass knuckles for the vast majority of that play-through to save ammo. Bad guys have been dropping green slime since new game plus even though I no longer need any. They could have gone the extra mile and eliminated green slime once the game recognized that all augments were completed and have the slime be replaced by AMMO!

It still manages to be a good ride for the most part. I got it on sale for $20. Had I paid full price I would have rated this game on the red zone. Get it on sale and it will be worth it.
  76. Nov 8, 2017
    This game is one big wannabe. That's all it is. Like any other fake product, it tries to copy a lot of epic games, but fails just short on all points. Some of those games are resident evil, the last of us, tomb raider. It feels like some of the levels where directly influenced by one of those games. Like a cheap version of them which at first looks similar but ultimately lacks the realThis game is one big wannabe. That's all it is. Like any other fake product, it tries to copy a lot of epic games, but fails just short on all points. Some of those games are resident evil, the last of us, tomb raider. It feels like some of the levels where directly influenced by one of those games. Like a cheap version of them which at first looks similar but ultimately lacks the real substances which makes those games great. Some of the problems are as follows:

The story lacks any suspense.
    The plot has twists which feel like the next random event.
    The game-play, while not bad, is more often a struggle rather than fun.
    Environments that have no atmosphere.
    Companions which doesn't have any personality - only bad acting.
    Protagonist who is boring.
    Effect-oriented scenes that are just that - for effect. Like an uninteresting movie with a good car-chase.
    The game just tries too hard.

Overall: it's worth the try, but don't expect to be immersed in this mediocre game in the skin of a block-buster
  77. Oct 19, 2017
    The Evil Within 2 has a truly great concept and story to tell, in my opinion it's one of most original horror action games you can buy. It's twisted and will mess with your mind a lot. It has decent enough gameplay (Sebastian - main characters could be less clumsy as former cop/detective) and good exploration - where unlike prequel, this game has few open hub areas and it serves the gameThe Evil Within 2 has a truly great concept and story to tell, in my opinion it's one of most original horror action games you can buy. It's twisted and will mess with your mind a lot. It has decent enough gameplay (Sebastian - main characters could be less clumsy as former cop/detective) and good exploration - where unlike prequel, this game has few open hub areas and it serves the game well.

Now I would rate it higher but I can't - because.... BETHESDA!!! The game is built on the same, slightly modified engine as the first one - and it's truly is not a great engine and this game comes with problems. As of date of this review, fullscreen doesn't work - regardless what it says you are put in borderless window, GPU is not being utilized - game uses up to 80% GPU horsepower, very often far less than that, some players experience micro-stuttering on some hardware configurations. Despite it's a lot better from technical perspective than first game, I cannot ignore problems and have to take those into consideration when rating a game (-1 from rating).

As for non-technical problems, voice acting quite bad for some characters (mostly side characters) and dialogue animations are straight terrible - luckily it's not RPG so there is not that much of them. Also one open zone is reused with just tiny variation and you have to dig through it twice. So this also have be reflected on final score (-1 from rating).

All in all, it's great game and one you must experience because honestly it's one of the kind, especially if you like **** stories and and twisted storytelling. If you don't mind small but relatively apparent technical problems - grab it now, otherwise - wait maybe for sale, maybe they will patch thing or two until then, but i strongly recommend to any fan of genre to experience the game, it's really worth!
  78. Dec 23, 2017
    Polygon is a disgrace. 10 out of 10? lol wtf... this broken release of a game is nowhere near a 10 out of 10.

This is how is should have been reviewed...

"Will you more than likely see buggy bs in every match you play more than once per match?"

"Yes you will! 0 out of 10"
  79. Dec 30, 2020
    I don't know how I missed this gem.
    I just couldn't stop playing for 4 days in a raw.
    I played on survival difficulty and challenge level is just perfect for me. Gameplay, graphics, story, character customization - I loved them all. Weapon use is bringing real childish joy. Great game, thank you. Couple of things I would improve: 1. I little more gore - I miss satisfactory
    I don't know how I missed this gem.
    I just couldn't stop playing for 4 days in a raw.
    I played on survival difficulty and challenge level is just perfect for me.
    Gameplay, graphics, story, character customization - I loved them all.
    Weapon use is bringing real childish joy.
    Great game, thank you.

Couple of things I would improve:

1. I little more gore - I miss satisfactory explosion of monster on kill.
    2. May be it's me, but cover mechanics seem a bit clunky. Many times I was stuck and detected trying to get over corner
  80. May 20, 2020
    Such a good game, in fact one the best games of its type I've ever played. I'm at a loss for words, except to say that everything about this game, from the art to the overall structure, is beautiful.

The higher user score than critic score indicates just what a gem this is.
  81. Nov 6, 2017
    Five Word Review: Good horror, a quality experience.
    Favorite Thing: I enjoyed running around the (smallish) open areas, cleaning up the infection one execution at a time.
    Least Favorite Thing: The town was small enough that they could have made interiors for all the buildings, or at least more of them. Date Completed: 2017-11-05 Fear Factor: Not so scary, a little bit creepy at
    Five Word Review: Good horror, a quality experience.

Date Completed: 2017-11-05
    Fear Factor: Not so scary, a little bit creepy at times.
    Playtime: ~ 18h
    Enjoyment: 8/10
    Recommendation: If you liked The Evil Within 1 then yes. If you're never played TEW1 yet then go play that first.
  82. Oct 24, 2017
    One of the best horror games in recent years and I think it was better than the first one in every way. I'd give it a 10 but some technical issues like the GPU usage never going above 70% and some sub par voice acting for minor characters keep me from doing it. Overall it was a masterpiece. The story haunts you till the end and makes you really emotional. The graphics are great and combat is fun.
  83. Sep 10, 2021

1. گرافیک فنی و باگ های کیری
    2. هوش مصنوعی تخمی

.در کل که حتماً بازی کنید
  84. Jul 15, 2018
    Если сравнивать с первой частью, то получилась абсолютно другая игра. Новая часть больше похожа на последние Resident evil. Геймплей сделан с упором на экшен, а не на выживание. Атмосфера стала более посовой (если так можно выразиться). Сюжет упростили до нельзя.Если сравнивать с первой частью, то получилась абсолютно другая игра. Новая часть больше похожа на последние Resident evil. Геймплей сделан с упором на экшен, а не на выживание. Атмосфера стала более посовой (если так можно выразиться). Сюжет упростили до нельзя.
  85. Oct 23, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Невероятная игра, пробирающая на эмоции!
    Прошел игру залпом за 3 часа и ни капельки не пожалел потраченных денег и времени.
    Хотел бы конечно - чтобы у героя все было хорошо, но сцена после титров говорит об обратном!
  86. Oct 14, 2017
    Classic survival-horror game but its awesome than other :)
    Awesome storyline and open world, good characters and animations. Amazing graphics, Wıth good sound effects.
  87. Dec 13, 2020
    I found this to be a great surprise. It was scary enough and difficult enough that you cannot just steam roll your way through mobs. I never played the first one but was impressed by how I could still engage with this game throughout.
    Not much replay value after I completed it but I did thoroughly enjoy the first play through.
  88. Aug 9, 2018
    The evil within 2 a demostrado como se hace un buen juego, ha añadido mecanicas nuevas y interesantes, el tema de dejarnos nuestro espacio en determinados momentos esta genial, descubrir por ti mismo si quieres entrar en esa casa, garaje o tejado.
    Las secundarias son geniales, y lo mejor es que tu decides si quieres ir o si quieres seguir directo a por la historia, cuando entre en la iglesia al principio del juego, me sorprendi de encontrarme aquello, me parecio fantastico, y el diseño artistico es una maravilla, y el final es simplemente brutal.
  89. Sep 5, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After my play through for RE 2 I was itching for some more Horror TPS... The Evil Within 2 satisfied my want to quite the extent...

TL;DR - Sebastian is a compelling character and his motivations are understandable. Even though the game-play is uneven at times the excellence in Art design and above average game mechanics keep it from being a failure. Just think playing Liam Neeson from 'Taken' through a horrifying and haunting world with a sprinkle of Inception thrown in, It's a pretty good combination.

The Good...
    Art Direction. This was hands down the best aspect of the game. The enemy design, character design, environment, boss design, weapon design; you name it was all high praiseworthy. Though the graphics were not exceptional, but it was competent enough to support the excellent Art Design.
    Sebastian had some interesting shoes to fill, initially he seemed pretty one note; I honestly lost count of how many times he said 'What the Hell'. But as the game went on we see the cracks in his psyche brought about by his life, his failures and his fears; loved the few instances we spend in Beacon since I did not play the original game.

Which brings me to my next point, the story was well paced with it's flow; even though I did not play the first game I got a pretty good grip on where Sebastian was coming from and got into his motivations comfortably. Personally I felt the horror elements were a little stronger than the action-shooter elements in the over all story, which was a good thing.
    The game-play a little uneven at times makes up for it's flaws by allowing a very fluid combination of stealth and shooter, added with a good amount of weapon choices kept my play-through engaging. Voice acting was competent and well done for the most part, sometimes too good as the in game characters models were not as expressive and the dialogue was not the best either. Collectibles were fun and worth the time fleshing story and giving usable rewards for exploring.

The Bad...
    As i said I found some of the game play a bit uneven, melee combat being the primary loser It was mostly non-existent and downright **** at times with the Axe the only melee worthy weapon but downside being a one hit break. At least one melee weapon should have replaced the 'Survival Knife' aka Kitchen Knife since it was mostly useless in head to head combat and was just a stealth thing.
    Aiming was a little off at times as well especially with the crossbow as some of bolts were less misses and more just phasing through the sides, sometimes when enemies were running up close the aiming would come at a detriment of FOV almost giving a sniper feel and obscuring environment.

The Bosses were also a bit dull save for the final boss and Wallace, but T.Wallace only for me since I did not play the first game; but I assume would have felt like a cop-out/rehash for gamers who played the first game.
    Even though the final boss mechanics were decently varied I wish Myra would have got some more proper character development, maybe actual interactions with her inside STEM and gradually seeing her deteriorate into 'The Overprotective Mother'. Myra's sacrifice though heartbreaking for Sebastian was a little overplayed for me since I did not really interact with her as Sebastian outside very small cut-scenes. Same could be said for 'The Administrator' and the whole concept of all minds connected to STEM which seems a little stupid for an all powerful organization to be doing, just seemed all too convenient to allow for the 'Happy Ending'.

Even with my issues I am hard pressed to say this is a bad game as I usually rush through the main story of TPS games in general save for the ones I am really enjoying, TEW 2 was one of those. I spent roughly 20 odd hours going through every nook and cranny of the Levels finding collectibles, ammo pouches and slides.
    Would love a sequel since the concept of STEM is pretty vast and being clearly influenced by Inception which is one of my favorite movies, but maybe this time around let Sebastian's Book remain closed and maybe we start a new story with a new protagonist since I'd really hate for Castellanos to be forced into STEM again.
  90. Feb 28, 2021
    Compared to the first part, this is no longer a horror that can make the heart beat slower when approaching the next corner of the corridor. The second part is half action & half horror. I cannot say that it is worse, just differently. I also liked this game too. it more reveals the world of the game and the motives of its characters.
    The story of the game is very interesting. It might
    The story of the game is very interesting. It might feel like there are too many sudden plot twists for a simple horror, but I liked it too, because it seemed to me that the antagonist who appeared at the beginning of the game began to tire me a lot(I hate such characters), and this would mean that the game would end very quickly. In addition, further narration made the game sparkle with new colors. The end of the game was especially interesting. A little far-fetched with pathos and special effects, but still very interesting. Therefore, it was offensive to write about the shortcomings of the game because of which I did not give it the maximum rating: Non-removable arrows. A single silencer that we receive only in 2/3 of the game. Too many words like "what the f**k" for someone, who knows already about dreams(Such a surprise shouts from such a pro who has been familiar with the system for a long time sounds too silly). The flashlight is constantly switched on in the first zone and some places further. Looting is slow(to take an item you need to wait seconds!). Two enemies sit near and if you kill silently one of them it does not interfere with the other one(silent killing involves loud sounds of fighting and knife strikes, by the way). Too stupid theatrical deaths(I hate this in films and I'm not going to forgive that to the games, it takes much more time, energy and attention here). And the last one. Slides that you watch in your office, they are good, but the dialog during watching... It seemed to me very funny that he spoke on the radio not about what was on the slides, but about what he associated with these slides. It's just that some of them depicted something that would be interesting to know, but he starts to talk about something completely uninteresting, like a conversation between two drunks in a bar. Perhaps it's only a niggle, but like that.
  91. Mar 6, 2020
    I think better than first one. The atmosphere is very good. Scenario is strong. The mechanics are very good. This game is very satisfied.
  92. Jan 27, 2021
    This game is real game of the year 2017, i cant believe what i see in indications and the evil within 2 not in the best game 2017
  93. Jul 4, 2019
    Very interesting project, the best horror game of 2017
    its one of my best loves game.
  94. Jun 3, 2019
  95. Jun 21, 2019
    The Evil Within 2 is a excellent game about the fera, that live in our souls. The main character - Sebastian Castellanos, have his own death, that kill him from inside. I really love this game, and, I hope, we will wait for it to continue, or at least, DLC's
  96. Jul 18, 2020
    this is a good game but if you played the first game you will notice this game are less horror, darker and not that difficult on the normal difficulty. the big plus of the game is the story and the character development of Sebastian, where in the first game the story was more focused on the villain.

it is a good game,but i enjoyed the first one more. still i can't complain about this after all i got the game cheap and still fun to play.
  97. Sep 17, 2021
    O primeiro é muito bom.
    Esse ta dublado em pt-br, tem graficos bons.
    No inicio é bem legal, ate me lembrou o primeiro SIlent Hill, mas na metade do jogo o negocio fica meio estranho, parece que tem mais cutscenes do que gameplay.
    E a historia me parece ser menos interessante do que a do primeiro.
  98. Dec 8, 2019
    This is one of the best games of survivor horror ever created! Great history , nice graphics and one of the best soundtracks for a horror game , actually one of my favorites games of all time
  99. Aug 24, 2021
    Awesome game!
    - Story better than first game. Finally Seb become a really good character, he have senses and good Motivation.
    - Gameplay good too... More guns, interesting character's levelup. A tiny different monsters, but that not serious and not enough boss fights, but this fights really good. - Graphic - good for 2017. ...and of course this game really creppy! In total, we have
    Awesome game!
    - Graphic - good for 2017.
    ...and of course this game really creppy!
    In total, we have a very good sequel, i like that.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 28, 2018
    Fans of Silent Hill and Resident Evil should definitely try The Evil Within 2. Even with all its annoying flaws, the sequel is better than the original game. Slowly but surely, Tango Gameworks is working its way towards a perfect formula for a modern horror game.
  2. Jan 2, 2018
    This time devs cleaned up their act. The Evil Within 2 fights with immortals in a richer, better-designed and well-crafted action. It is not just a thoughtless brutality, as it may seem. Good ideas are rewarded by a pleasantly long game time.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 1, 2017
    A definite step above the original but still not without its problems. [Issue#268, p.60]