7.4

1. Oct 24, 2014
    The fanboys attack again.

If you're a big fan of the Airbender thing, you can find some enjoyment. For everyone else stay away, just a average-mediocre game.
  2. Oct 22, 2014
    I felt that I needed to make this short pros and cons review just because of how much I disagreed with Gamespot's and IGN's review scores. This opinion is based on the fact that I have beaten the entire game in one sitting (~3.5-4.5 hours) and played a decent amount of the probending, which is unlocked after you have beaten the game.

Pros: +Feels like a Platinum game gameplay wise

Pros:
    +Feels like a Platinum game gameplay wise
    +Great for Korra fans and character action game fans
    +Runs at a constant 60 fps with no dips (AMD FX-4300 & AMD HD 7850)
    +Great voiceacting
    +Art style in game and in cinematics is nice
    +Cool final boss albeit not a real Korra villan
    +All 4 elements have a specific time in which they are used
    +Probending is a lot of fun
    +Difficulty (normal) feels good, not too easy but certainly not too hard, looking forward to playing it on extreme
    +Counters can be a high risk high reward on certain enemies

Cons:
    -More times than not counters do way too much damage
    -Enemies sometimes have a tendency to wait turns and attack
    -Cannot fluently combo different elemental attacks with each other
    -Story isn't up to Korra standards
    -Only three real boss battles in the game
    -Not much replayability because you seem to unlock mostly every item just one time through
    -Naga segments are a chore and are unnecessary
    -The platforming is awkward and there is way too much of it
    -Repetitive enemies and mostly bland locations (Somewhat understandable due to the $15 price and time in development)

On a scale of 1-10, Final Score: 6.8/10 (Good)

Final Verdict: Buy it if you are a fan of character action games, are a Platinum game fan, or are a Korra fan. Wait until it goes slightly on sale (~33-50% off) if you don't consider yourself either of those things. I do consider this a game many can enjoy, it just depends on how much you are willing to pay for it.
  3. Feb 18, 2015
    legend of korra is a very average and mixed game in my opinion. it's not an awful game. but not a good game too

things i did liked: awesome cutscenes great combat. however felt repetitive. 80% of the voice acting was great. controls are responsive. things i hated: graphics lacking many things. even that's supposed to be a cartooned game. the minigames are very dull. the story

things i did liked:
    awesome cutscenes
    great combat. however felt repetitive.
    80% of the voice acting was great.
    controls are responsive.

things i hated:
    graphics lacking many things. even that's supposed to be a cartooned game.
    the minigames are very dull.
    the story is kinda fine. but sometimes doesn't explained right.
    uninspired map design.
    very linear.
    item store is bad.

the fact this game is at 15$ dollars. and that's fine by me. it can be fun. but overall. like i said. VERY average.
  4. Mar 3, 2018
    Game: The Legend of Korra
    Genre: Action
    Developer: Platinum Games Publisher: Activision System: Steam (PC) Year of Release: 2014 Length of Playthrough: 6 Hours Total Score: 57/100 Value Score: 5.7/10 • Story: 4/10 • Characters: 4/10 • GamePlay: 6/10 • Graphics: 7/10 • Sound: 8/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 3/10 • Replay Value: 3/10 • Player Value: 5/10 Pros +Combat is
    Game: The Legend of Korra

• Music: 7/10
    • Length: 3/10
    • Replay Value: 3/10
    • Player Value: 5/10

Pros
    +Combat is fun with all the Chi, bending, skills, counters, etc.
    +Faithful to the cartoon series as far as what is shown in the game
    +Multiple difficulty modes
    +Can revisit levels to travel to paths that you could not before unless you progress through the game

Cons
    -Storyline lacks soul, very boring and pointless when compared to the cartoon's story
    -More than half of the main characters do not make an appearance at all but are mentioned only
    -Enemy characters are bland and there are multiples via different colors of the same enemy
    -Boss battles are repetitive and can be more annoying than anything
    -Naga levels feel like a chore and are a unnecessary addition to the game
    -Main villains feel like they should be a one episode side story villain than anything major
    -Battles at later in the game feel like they are endless and a chore
    -If you use a item and then leave a stage without finishing it, despite the game telling you unsaved progress will not be saved, you still lose items and lose anything you gained in a level
    -Game is very short - some levels are a few min however one or two stages are super long
    -Costume variety for Korra is poor
  5. Dec 3, 2014
    The Legend of Korra has a fighting system that has adequate depth, so that a 5-hour game can move on it. Unfortunately that means that Platinum, Games have lowered their standards, as the game fails to give some form of entertainment or excitement. It's a very short game with a few ideas, tolerable technical aspect that is comfortably using some older gen standards and it costs 15 Euros.The Legend of Korra has a fighting system that has adequate depth, so that a 5-hour game can move on it. Unfortunately that means that Platinum, Games have lowered their standards, as the game fails to give some form of entertainment or excitement. It's a very short game with a few ideas, tolerable technical aspect that is comfortably using some older gen standards and it costs 15 Euros. Because of the price, we can recommend it to the fans of the TV series, the genre or of Platinum Games, but nothing more. Expand
  6. Oct 25, 2014
    I'm a big fan of the show so I got the game asap;

+ Graphics are good. + Animations and effects are decent. + Voice acting is decent. + Has it's original story anc cutscenes. + Nice combat system. - Camera in this game sucks rectum meat. - Some of the challanges needed to proceed are **** joke. It's too hard. - You fight so many, I mean SO MANY of the same enemies over and over
    I'm a big fan of the show so I got the game asap;

+ Graphics are good.
    + Animations and effects are decent.
    + Voice acting is decent.
    + Has it's original story anc cutscenes.
    + Nice combat system.

- Camera in this game sucks rectum meat.
    - Some of the challanges needed to proceed are **** joke. It's too hard.
    - You fight so many, I mean SO MANY of the same enemies over and over again.

Overall not bad. Definely must try for the fans of the show. Otherwise I don't think you will go till the end.
  7. Feb 12, 2015
    The Avatar series is one of my favorite shows of all time. Sadly, this game is one of my least favorites of all time. Here's why.

FEATURES Game is really short. 8 Chapters each beatable in about 20 minutes or so. Most of the game is about going back and earning the best medals through each chapter, which is hard because the medal is an average score overall medals earned in the

FEATURES

Game is really short. 8 Chapters each beatable in about 20 minutes or so. Most of the game is about going back and earning the best medals through each chapter, which is hard because the medal is an average score overall medals earned in the chapter.

The game is comprised of 2 modes. Standard beat'em up levels and Temple Runner races. There's also a "Pro-Bending" mode after you beat the game once but after beating the game twice I didn't really feel like playing it. There are segments in the main game mode that give you a gist of what it is and it's not really all that fun. There are Naga races inbetween missions that are like something you would find in a Mobile App Runner game. You run straight, and hit left/right/jump. It's really feels like it's just there to fill space. I was really hoping for more than just a linear beat-em-up with short Naga races inbetween as filler content.

There is a shop where you spend Spirit Tokens on equipables/consumables and moves for each style of bending. The shop is small, though. About 10 talismans total, with 2-3 moves per bending style and a handful of consumables. There's also Korra's Room, which is just a menu screen to change outfits. Most outfits are just reskins of the same outfit. 2 of the 5 outfits you have to unlock via a secret code.

COMBAT

The combat is "Press X/Left-Click 'X' amount of times then Y/Right-Click 'X' amount of times." Charging X/Y builds your Spirit which allow for more powerful attacks. You also can time blocks for quick counter attacks that use QTE segments. Stronger enemies can also counter, which brings up another QTE for you to counter their counter. Overall the gameplay feels smooth and the animations are pretty sweet. If you're expecting something high grade you'll be sadly disappointed as the combat in this game is really bare bones button mashing with well timed blocks/dodges. While dodging all attacks go through you as well, so you don't even really need to move out of the way when you dodge.

You attack with Fire, Earth, Wind and Water. Fire is the worst out of the 4 and is poorly represented in this game. Mostly close ranged attacks, and nearly every attack somehow never wants to hit your target. Water is the first one you get, and is mostly long ranged quick attacks with medium range heavy attacks. Earth is slow burst damage and is easily the hardest hitting element at your disposal, but it's slowness makes it a double edged sword leaving you open to attacks during your combos. Air is the most powerful element as it has mostly AOE attacks with a crap ton of crowd control. Simply put, as soon as you get air everything dies.

At the very end of the game you unlock the Avatar state which slowly charges (very slowly) over time. Once you activate it you become unkillable and deal massive damage to everything. It lasts for about 20 seconds but that's more than enough time to destroy everything except for the final boss which seems to be resistant to everything you throw at it.

Every other boss in the game is a Mecha-Tank. They're more like minibosses actually. There's one segment where you fight a big spirit instead of a tank, but it's pretty much the same thing. The only real boss is the last boss and he is a giant HP pool with unblockable attacks and AoE's. You don't really learn anything about him other than that The Avatar destroyed his body in a past life and he wants revenge.

STORY

The story is really lackluster as well. It's basically Korra, and Ginora as Navi, then the Main Villain. It's really disappointing that they didn't feel the need to have more of the characters from the show in the game. Makko and Bolin make a short appearance at the beginning and have 2 or 3 lines of dialog but that's about it. You don't see any other characters from the show besides Korra and Ginora through 99% of the game. Sadly, Ginora isn't played by the same actor from the show either, although she does a decent job at trying to imitate her.

The animated cutscenes are colorful, but they are choppy. Sometimes it looks like a short slideshow. It's not bad but it doesn't compare to the Animated Series at all. Voice acting is good at least. The only one who talks through nearly all the cutscenes is Korra so don't expect much dialog. I think some sound clips are actually from the show itself, I could be wrong though.

GRAPHICS

The graphics feel like they are a PS2 or GCN game from the 1st generation of games. The textures are really bland and the level design is linear as you can get. Some textures even look so poor it seems like they are from a PSX game. The levels are nearly all a straight line with some offshoots that lead to chests with nothing useful in them. They just give you more experience/cash.

OVERALL

Overall I was disappointed in the end but the ride was pretty fun. The whole game kind of felt like one big tutorial. Once you get the 4 elements to bend it's pretty much over about an hour later.

I'll probably get a few more hours out of it. If you're a fan of the show or you just want a quick beat-em-up game to kill a few hours then it's worth the fifteen clams. You'd probably be better off waiting for it to go on a sale, though. It's a budget title and the end result really shows that Activision/Nick didn't want to spend any real money to produce this game.
  8. Oct 29, 2014
    Great game experience for Legend of Korra fans.And this game costs 15$ why not to buy this game and don't have fun when beating enemies up?But,this game too short...And the game budget very short too(Sry for my english)
  9. Nov 30, 2015
    I love both shows to death, and this game did it's job of bringing out a little excitement in me for about 5 hours. It is a classic fighting game, where you get that rush of feeling like an all powerful being in the avatar state. That being said, it is rather short, some of the controls were a tad bit annoying (I couldn't get some combo's to work), and there wasn't a story basically. TheI love both shows to death, and this game did it's job of bringing out a little excitement in me for about 5 hours. It is a classic fighting game, where you get that rush of feeling like an all powerful being in the avatar state. That being said, it is rather short, some of the controls were a tad bit annoying (I couldn't get some combo's to work), and there wasn't a story basically. The show has the potential to be made into an AMAZING RPG, and this was not it, but it did what it set out to do, and is a fun little game with a surprising amount of challenge. Also pro bending is a little addicting. If it was fleshed out more, would make a fun little online game or something, but as it is, it's a little plain. They had the right voice actors, which evoked a bit of emotion in the handful of 10 second cut-scenes. I got it on sale for 3 something dollars and it is absolutely worth that, but I'd say don't buy above $5. Expand
  10. Aug 31, 2017
    + Original graphics - just like playing anime
    + Simple and atmospheric normal and combo attacks
    + Short movies from time to time

- Poor story
    - Too less different enemy types
    - Too short - at about 4h of gameplay
    - Visible world limitations - open places without possibility to walk there

Mixed or average reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Feb 7, 2015
    Without Activision at the helm and its policy on licensed games – done too quickly and too cheap – it could have been an epic adventure. [01/2015, p.80]
  2. Dec 3, 2014
    While the story campaign is woefully short and there are very few gameplay modes, the controls and locations are quite pleasant.
  3. The Legend of Korra Game is a unfortunate game. Game has a big potential but we have to play a unfinished game. It’s a fun but buggy game. You will find Legend of Korra both pain and pleasure.