- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Release Date: Feb 17, 2023
- Summary: The Settlers combines a fresh take on the popular gameplay mechanics of the series with a new spin. It offers a deep infrastructure and economy gameplay, used to create and employ armies, to ultimately defeat opponents. 3 playable, distinctive factions – the Elari, the Maru and the Jorn –The Settlers combines a fresh take on the popular gameplay mechanics of the series with a new spin. It offers a deep infrastructure and economy gameplay, used to create and employ armies, to ultimately defeat opponents. 3 playable, distinctive factions – the Elari, the Maru and the Jorn – can be found in The Settlers. Each with a unique look and play style. At the heart of every match is gaining resources and building up your economy to recruit new settlers and a directly controllable, winning army. Research upgrades for your army and strengthen them by recruiting support and siege units. Various online multiplayer modes with up to 8 players offer thrilling skirmish battles against other players or AI for long-lasting fun. A story driven campaign will immerse the players into the world of The Settlers, while new players can learn the basic mechanics in a separate tutorial.… Expand
- Developer: Ubisoft Blue Byte
- Genre(s): Strategy, Management, Government
- # of players: Up to 8
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
The Settlers - Official Trailer | Gamescom 2018
Positive: 1 out of 21
Mixed: 18 out of 21
Negative: 2 out of 21
Feb 22, 2023The Settlers: New Allies has a good core loop that, unfortunately, lacks a solid connection with the series' history. There’s too much military action and not enough focus on delivering products to citizens. The land-claiming concept is interesting but under-used. Ubisoft could have used the same gameplay and another name and players might be more interested. But the game does not do enough to differentiate itself from better experiences in the genre. The Settlers: New Allies wants to tweak a classic formula but never finds the best way to do that.
Mar 14, 2023A game we've waited five years for should be a masterpiece. At the very least, it should have advanced strategy elements. It would be a much better positioning if the game only came to the tablet.
Feb 21, 2023The Settlers: New Allies is a solid starting point to reboot the RTS franchise. While its campaign is dull enough to be ignored, the game’s bones are strong enough to support solidly entertaining online play. Despite its issues it has the potential to breathe new life into The Settlers as a franchise, which would be great for all RTS fans.
Mar 3, 2023A game that cannot satisfy City Builders lovers, nor RTS seekers. However it could please the youngest and those who would like to try the genre with something extremely light and undemanding.
Feb 26, 2023New Allies fails in breathing new life in The Settlers' franchise: the crossover between the classic gameplay and the RTS mechanics feels dull and rushed, leaving the player with the feeling that this is not The Settlers' return they longingly waited for.
Mar 7, 2023The Settlers: New Allies tries to reinvent the series, simplifying its city-builders core mechanics to make room for newcomers more familiar with the RTS genre. Unfortunately, the final shape is a game that struggles to find its identity and that isn't really convincing neither as an RTS nor as a city-builder.
Mar 9, 2023The Settlers: New Allies is a basic and easy RTS. Unfortunately, the game has no complexity for an RTS which hinders advanced strategies and even “cheese” mechanics. The campaign is forgettable, and the skirmish mode offers little in variety, not to mention the horrible multiplayer stability. I was very hopeful for a new Settlers game but got a “Babies first RTS” instead.
Positive: 10 out of 63
Mixed: 6 out of 63
Negative: 47 out of 63
Feb 20, 2023The game itself is ok. Varied units. Buildings. Graphics at a good level. As for playability, I have no complaints. No errors so far, althoughThe game itself is ok. Varied units. Buildings. Graphics at a good level. As for playability, I have no complaints. No errors so far, although sometimes military units don't know what to do. Overall, I recommend it, and as for the settlers themselves, you can see the connections between the 3rd and 4th part of the game.… Expand
Feb 28, 2023The Settlers: New Allies is refreshingly reminiscent of Settlers 3. Some things have been dumbed down a bit and there is lots of room forThe Settlers: New Allies is refreshingly reminiscent of Settlers 3. Some things have been dumbed down a bit and there is lots of room for improvement but overall it captures the same feel of the classics. There are lots of critics claiming that this game "doesn't know what it is" but I strongly disagree here.
My biggest disappointments, however, is the lack of a free-for-all mode or the option to play with AI teammates. It is also a huge let down that there is no editor or map generator.… Expand
Feb 21, 2023After 10 h, I am confident to say that it is a bad game. Bad in terms of not being fun to play. It is not a Settlers game, obviously, but aAfter 10 h, I am confident to say that it is a bad game. Bad in terms of not being fun to play. It is not a Settlers game, obviously, but a few points are:
- It is 5/10 because I appreciate the experiment. I do not think that Ubisoft, with all its mismanagement and release fails of the past years, can handle innovation at this point.
- Did you know that some Christian Hagedorn is the game's director, but apparently, the game designer behind Champions of Anteria from 2016 which originally also started as a Settlers game. We can take bets if Hagedorn's ego is mainly responsible for both game failures.
- Ubisoft's desire to create a new PvP game type probably led to that LoL female announcer voice, which feels not only odd but, if you know Dota 2 or LoL, is just awkward and bad.
- There is not much left of the chilling colony/settlement building game mechanics. If you need a base/colony builder, play Foundation or Farthest Frontier, to name a few.
- We could go into detail regarding the horrible AI wave attacks, the surprisingly ugly UI, or how a baker is still baking without water, in terms of supply chains. But I think that these points are to be expected, if the original Settlers formula does not play a role anymore.
- The campaign is awful and unimaginative. I didn't finish it, but do all scenes play in the same room, between the same 3 characters? The factions... I recall the early demo where they were different. Lore and factions do not matter at this point.
- The influence of MOBAs and some competitive RTS is there, but Hagedorn, the design team, or whoever is or was in charge, clearly does not understand those genres. Settlers New Allies would probably be better off as an experimental game as its own new IP, I guess, like Champions of Anteria.
- Let's hope that Hagedorn or Ubisoft do not try to create a SimCity MOBA game next. It is all about a lack of creativity and experience at game design, I guess, and how Ubisoft does not know on how to handle and check bad game designs internally. Because the art, the lighting, and I am pretty sure also the programming, if it was not been rushed, is rather solid.
- It is perhaps worth mentioning that all Ubisoft Settlers games, since Settlers 5 (and we could argue about Settlers 7), have the reputation of being mediocre and a joke commercially. Ubisoft should sell this IP.
Therefore, Settlers New Allies most likely mirrors the internal director and management problems that have plagued Ubisoft for years. It is beyond me why the Ubisoft management left the franchise to someone like Hagedorn who objectively failed before at the same franchise with the drama surrounding Champions of Anteria. The drama of the past months alone is worth an article. It is not only unprofessional. Ubisoft seems to be in some kind of internal crisis.… Expand
Feb 19, 2023Avoid. This is an empty cash grab. Pretty graphics and little else with respect to game play, fun. Surprising it was released as it does notAvoid. This is an empty cash grab. Pretty graphics and little else with respect to game play, fun. Surprising it was released as it does not look fixable.… Expand
Feb 20, 2023To carry the name of The Settlers and provide gameplay this shallow is incredibly saddening. They removed the requirement of food for yourTo carry the name of The Settlers and provide gameplay this shallow is incredibly saddening. They removed the requirement of food for your people. Shortened production lines. Made military recruitment and combat single unit based instead of squads. Finally removed any social aspect from your population. They tried very hard to be the next Action RTS with an IP that was never intended to be such. They get points for the visuals, it looks pretty. But after about an hour you'll realize looks are all it has going for it. Ultimately with constant crashes, lackluster gameplay, server side connection issues and day one MTX. its not worth your time. Instead you'll get an itch to go play Anno 1800, which at this point, does Settlers better than Settlers.… Expand
Mar 13, 2023An insult to the original creator, an insult to the community and the fans, an insult to the legacy.
Leaving behind a product, made forAn insult to the original creator, an insult to the community and the fans, an insult to the legacy.
Leaving behind a product, made for profit only, without a soul, several itterations and changes, complete overhauls. Promising features with the announcement, that are now dearly missed.
All that is left is a shallow and tasteless puddle of mediocrity not even a thirsty stray cat wants to gulp from.
Feel ashamed. For you are nothing more but a peripheral shadow in the sight of the devotee, whose eyes are searching tirelessly in hope for a passionate piece of art that he can immerse himself into.
This here? Will never be that.… Expand
Feb 19, 2023This game is bad joke..... naprosto vyhozené peníze. S původním settlers to kromě názvu nemá nic společnèho....
- (0 views)