8.5

1. Apr 29, 2022
    i like the bucket. good bucket. mm. bucket. so calming. so tranquil. you musn't go now. give me the bucket.
  2. Apr 29, 2022
    Absolute breathtaking. As someone who enjoyed the original Stanley Parable, I was excited for the new content that would come from this remake. And it truly surprised me in more ways than one. The Stanley Parable 59: The Cursed Closet Room was my fav sequel.
  3. dfq
    Apr 28, 2022
    [TLDR: It‘s a really interesting and satisfying experience. There is stuff that repeats intentionally. You‘ll have about 5-10 hours of very enjoyable playtime if you don‘t care about 100%. If you try to 100% this game without a guide/walkthrough expect a lot of repetition with trial and error after 3-4 hours playtime. It‘s very much worth it though. I highly recommend this game!]

I‘ve

I‘ve put 15 hours into this game (didn‘t play the original game before) to do pretty much everything there is to do, yet other people seem to only have needed around 7-8 hours to manage 100% completion.

This means after the first 3-4 hours into the game you‘ll probably run around trying to reach new places and interact with everything that seems even remotely plausible which is fun, but can get tedious, because you could end up with a lot of repetition.

But that‘s the price of discovering things for yourself without a guide I guess. I was incredibly happy every time I discovered something new and it was such an amazing, interesting and satisfying experience overall.

In hindsight I would suggest to play the first 4-5 hours without a guide and then look for hints online.

I definitely recommend everyone to play this game!
  4. May 1, 2022
    As someone who absolutely adored the original, this game is literally that, but even more. What's not to love? Not only did they remake the entire game in Unity, but expanded with new endings that still carried the brilliant commentary on video games the original had (if more explicit now with a couple). Every step I took into the new content I was surprised by the game by how much more itAs someone who absolutely adored the original, this game is literally that, but even more. What's not to love? Not only did they remake the entire game in Unity, but expanded with new endings that still carried the brilliant commentary on video games the original had (if more explicit now with a couple). Every step I took into the new content I was surprised by the game by how much more it does than I expected. While most of the old endings remain the same, I am happy that way, and it really shows how faithful and passionate they were, and yet still dedicated to not disappoint the player, providing delight and awe. A must-play if you have not played the Stanley Parable before, but an even more must-play if you already have. Expand
  5. Apr 28, 2022
    10/10 game and a perfect expansion of the original Stanley Parable, highly recommend
  6. May 7, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A triumph in the fields of analytic number theory and fashion design.
    10/10 the birds were VERY silly
  7. May 14, 2022
    TLDR: Its new and better Stanley. If you haven't played the original, just play UD. Its bigger and better. If you want more info, I won't give you since all of it are spoilers (;

I'm not 5 I can read: Stanley Parable is a game of its kind. Of course, we are talking about Ultra Deluxe, and simply, its MUCH better version of original Stanley. Other than 2 new endings, about 1,5h of new

I'm not 5 I can read:
    Stanley Parable is a game of its kind. Of course, we are talking about Ultra Deluxe, and simply, its MUCH better version of original Stanley. Other than 2 new endings, about 1,5h of new content, and, well, 2x more new endings after completing "New Content" it adds really important Epilogue, and everything after it.
    Well, I just said what adds UD, but here is a question: What is Stanley Parable?
    Stanley Parable is a game about choices. It's a game about a person named Stanley. Its a game about Narrator and him being scared his work won't be loved. And most importantly: It's a story about control.
    But from gameplay perspective, its a game about exploring office, and making choices that have different endings. Narrator talks straightforward with Stanley and/or player, and breaks the 4th wall many, many times.
    Its really funny, it's really creative, it's really good. You should play it. I finished in about 8h, but there are people with much more on their timer (like 14-6h), and even I can find some new content (as a guy who played the original).
    So, umm, I hope you liked the review, its my first "big one". Buy the game, Have good time, And see you later.

edit:
    I readed some negative steam reviews. I'm suprised because some of them have a really good point (some, most are just saying "too little new things" after 0,5h, or too expensive), And I wanted to address those reviews. So, all of them are from fans of the original. That is very important. They criticize two things: The new content is just worse old content without a soul, and that its a bad satire.
    As to the first argument: It's just wrong. The new content is as good as the old one, sometimes even better. Like, half of my favorite ending are from UD and half from Original.
    Simply: Nostalgia is powerful.
    And the second argument, is, more complicated. I am a person who, apart from PS4 Exclusives (and mgs/r) doesn't play a lot of typical AAA. And with that I'm not good with answering the question: What makes a good sequel. There are many games that have another parts same as old ones with new settings and minor changes in gameplay (Ubisoft moment), and some others with super big changes, like fighing games. (just look at Guilty Gear). So overall, this may be an argument, but imo it's not a reason to say that game is bad.
    Well, that was long, and nobody will read it, sadly, so umm, Have a good day!
  8. May 4, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm content with the new content. I was especially delighted by the Jump Circle. It's not often video games allow you to jump. Expand
  9. May 7, 2022
    Provides a great expansion upon the original game that feels true to the content that fans love while also covering new ground and exploring distinctly different ideas, all while presenting consistently comedic metacommentary on the nature of sequels in many video game franchises. The balance between absurdist humour and somewhat philosophical metacommentary that this game lands sets itProvides a great expansion upon the original game that feels true to the content that fans love while also covering new ground and exploring distinctly different ideas, all while presenting consistently comedic metacommentary on the nature of sequels in many video game franchises. The balance between absurdist humour and somewhat philosophical metacommentary that this game lands sets it apart from other games of the style by always knowing when to swap between serious monologue and outlandish comedy video.

This game perfectly encapsulates everything that a mature comedic game can accomplish, even if a few elements (namely the invisible walls which seem to affect the decision making that the game directly criticises) don't seem entirely ironed out over the development process. Definitely worth the experience even if you've already played through the original game.
  10. May 4, 2022
    such a great improvement in the store of the characters, the new endings are awesome. the new CONTENT is the best part of all
  11. May 10, 2022
    True beauty never fades, you just need to be reminded of it every once in a while.
  12. May 13, 2022
    I am doney with the funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. May 7, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is the over. i never see like this game. A masterpiece that will always remain Expand
  14. Apr 29, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is chic, the new endings pleased, Especially the escape with a bucket, disappointed ONLY IN THE UNITY ENGINE and that's it. Source is better! Expand
  15. May 10, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. good, i like it, bucket nice, steam review funny, all stanlerines collected, cant wait to play again in ten years. Expand
  16. May 11, 2022
    Man that was fking bullshat. the narrator just keeps blabbering for the sake of blabbering with no direction, intent or wit. I gained nothing playing the sequel, and will not recommend it. just play the original.
  17. Apr 29, 2022
    this is a game for geniuses what could be better than a talking bucket and a mockery of everything that is
  18. May 15, 2022
    This is Good for somebody who has never played the Stanley Parable but as someone who as played all of the original game I feel like a sucker for even buying this is this the new content? at first I thought I was being punked or something I thought surely there must be more to the new content than wandering around the same hallways from the last game with this bucket and seeing mostly theThis is Good for somebody who has never played the Stanley Parable but as someone who as played all of the original game I feel like a sucker for even buying this is this the new content? at first I thought I was being punked or something I thought surely there must be more to the new content than wandering around the same hallways from the last game with this bucket and seeing mostly the same endings too but no its like the whole game is just making fun of you for wasting money it this should have been a free update to the original not a sequel or whatever this is supposed to be but why release anything for free when you can just milk your fans instead if there ever is another Stanley Parable game ill save money and just pirate it Expand
  19. May 18, 2022
    Excellent work porting the game from Source to Unity such that you could easily miss the engine change completely. The new content has some wonderful art design, music, and of course excellent writing brilliantly brought to life by all the voice actors.

Overall, The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe beautifully expands on the original Stanley Parable remake with new ideas that feel like they were always part of the older game.
  20. May 14, 2022
    this game very gud, buy 4 me pls. oh man, if i could only find a girlfriend...
  21. May 1, 2022
    7,5/10
    (Это оценка именно ремастера! Оригиналу я поставил 9)
    7,5/10
    (Это оценка именно ремастера! Оригиналу я поставил 9)
    Мне не очень сильно понравился Новый контент™, по сути немного копирующий концепцию демо-версии Стенли и игру "Dr. Langeskov", команада разработчиков которой, судя по описанию, и делала "Ультра Делюкс", идея с ведром тоже такое себе, ну почему нельзя было предмет посимпатичнее какой-нибудь?) Но пару раз усмехнуться от здешней метаиронии можно. И сколько бы авторы сами себя не стебали, что типо "шедевру не нужна расширенная версия", зачем что-то лишнее, но ведь действительно, так и получилось) Особой надобности проходить эту часть я не нашёл, да, можно найти щепотку философии, или посмеяться (слушать полный бред, говорящийся на серьёзных щшах - это фишка SP), но "не фанат таких игр" ничего не потеряет, если пройдёт только оригинал) Нового контента™ тут часа на 4. Движок тут, кстати, изменили с Source на Unity, но всё выглядит идентично, атмосфера не потеряна.

Вообще, для тех, кто не знает, оригинальная Стенли Парабл - это уникальная сюжетная игра с 20+ концовками, рассуждающая о том, как игроки желают бесконечно отыскивать бесполезные для них секреты, или делать что-то, противоречащее основному ходу игры, просто чтобы сделать, без всякого смысла, просто потому что кто-то заложил это в игру, значит ты должен это открыть, рассуждающая о том, что игрок заперт в игре без выбора, при этом дающая ему иллюзорные "альтернативные" пути истории, которые точно также спланированы для него. Причём тут у нас ещё и ломание 4-ой стены, и рассказчик, и, даже, наверное, сама игра, как отдельные личности)
    Крче, такого вы больше нигде не найдёте, просто попробуйте) Единственный субъективный минус игры в том, что она не очень динамичная и по-настоящему ярких или экшоновых концовок мало, но если у вас есть хоть капля терпения, когда вы играете в игры, то проблем не будет.

В оригинальной игре было что-то около 24 концовок, тут я прошёл (вместе с оригинальными) - 36.

Подписывайтесь на Кураторство в Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/curator/37365104
  22. May 18, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Perfect game as of all the suprises like the truth about the bucket or the amount of game titles you get to choose Expand
  23. May 3, 2022
    admirable
    [ ad-mer-uh-buhl ]

adjective
    worthy of admiration; inspiring approval, reverence, or affection.
  24. May 16, 2022
    Didn't like the ULTRA DELUXE content, they ruined the CLASSIC game that was The Stanley Parable, but the bucket is so good it deserves a 10.
  25. May 16, 2022
    A masterpiece. Perfect sequel to the first game. Funny, artistic, and brilliant engineering 10/10.
  26. May 19, 2022
    10/10 Game that wants you begging for more, and there's always more. so many ending so many different pieces of dialogue just as you think you've done everything it throws something new at you making you want to do it even more.

Universal acclaim - based on 13 Critic Reviews

1. May 23, 2022
    Ultra Deluxe is easily going to be one of the finest gaming experiences of the year, despite its short length relative to most. This is a game that gets in, says exactly what its creators wanted to say, and then gets out…maybe. The most ridiculous elements of the original are still perfectly preserved here, and then amplified in the new content, letting the player experience exactly what they want to. I wouldn’t change a single thing about it.
  2. Edge Magazine
    May 19, 2022
    Most importantly, the old jokes are still funny. [Issue#372, p.116]
  3. May 19, 2022
    The Stanley Parable once again charmed me with its narrative and its constant toying with the player. There’s not much game in it but despite that (or maybe because of that) it says a lot about other games and gamers. It’s a brilliant, one-of-a-kind title, now available in a richer, longer version.