6.9

1. Feb 27, 2016
    You'll live every breathtaking, exciting moment, graphics are very accurate and realistic, the scene is undoubtedly set in a real asylum.. Money well spent, i recommend playing it.
  2. Feb 29, 2016
    The Town Of Light tells a story, and does it very well. Congratulation LKA, you have done a great job. A new story, new emotion. A really dark adult story.
  3. Feb 29, 2016
    A really emotional and powerful story, you will not regret the time spent on this dark and "terrible" journey into Volterra's asylum. I recommend to start and finish the game in one play-through.
  4. Feb 27, 2016
    Really an amazing game! I've just finished playing with my girlfriend and it was so emotional and heart-breaking. A dark and adult story, where the humanity and kindess of the main character shines trough the walls of the asylum. Beautiful atmosphere and stunning visuals. I recommend you to play it if you're into narrative and explorative game, really one of a kind!
  5. Feb 27, 2016
    Had some friends recommend this to me. Bought it today and after a few hours totally amazed by what I see. Really worth checking out and worth it's price.
  6. Feb 26, 2016
    Had the chance to play the beta, sick game, couldn't belive that the graphic and storyline had this level of quality from a young team in the industry, worth the to be played
  7. Oct 31, 2017
    As a psychiatrist can i just say, that was one of the best psychiatric games I've played so far. The diagnoses and treatments look very real and the approach looks very coherent. Atmosphere I found very appropriate and impressive. A sad story, a bitter truth. I enjoyed a lot of that.
  8. Dec 27, 2016
    Very emotional, strong and moving story. The overall design is perfectly showing how horrifying the existence of people with such disorders have been back in times, all of this raw and ugly environment... The game does a great job of making you feel how terrible and hopeless it was and makes you feel scared, not by some stupid self-closing doors, pop-ins or other cheap horror things, butVery emotional, strong and moving story. The overall design is perfectly showing how horrifying the existence of people with such disorders have been back in times, all of this raw and ugly environment... The game does a great job of making you feel how terrible and hopeless it was and makes you feel scared, not by some stupid self-closing doors, pop-ins or other cheap horror things, but by making you think. From technical stand point you can see that the game is very basic in its build and presentation and that this is low budget title, but this not what it is about. Definitely recommended for someone looking for something more in games. Expand
  9. Aug 10, 2020
    Picked this up earlier today on sale for only a few bucks and played through it. Took my time, and the game-play lasted about 5-6 hrs. This is very good game. Well, it's more of a walking simulator, with a very "Very" good story. Not really a horror as the description states, but more of a psychological thriller. It's all based on "actual events." It'll really make you think. I couldn'tPicked this up earlier today on sale for only a few bucks and played through it. Took my time, and the game-play lasted about 5-6 hrs. This is very good game. Well, it's more of a walking simulator, with a very "Very" good story. Not really a horror as the description states, but more of a psychological thriller. It's all based on "actual events." It'll really make you think. I couldn't stop playing until the end. That's how much it pulled me in and kept me wanting more. Beautiful graphics, excellent voicing, great music, memorable characters, especially the main protagonist, Renee. What that poor young girl went through left me sad to say the least. I don't want to give too much away, so I won't go into details on the story. My only, and I mean, my only beef with the game is that despite Renee having multiple choices to make throughout the game, there is only one ending. Kind of a bummer. So, in saying that. The game is unfortunately only good for 1 or 2 plays. There are quite a few achievements to unlock, so if you don't get them all on the first time around, you can play again. Also, there are some secrets to discover as well that one may not catch on their first run. So, other than there being only 1 possible ending, it's a really good game, and I enjoyed it very much. Great job by the DEVS. 9/10. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 22 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 31, 2017
    So while the research and attention to detail that went into Town of Light is good, and they're addressing a very important issue, the developers have failed to adapt it into a game format. I'd go as far to say you'd be better off watching a documentary or show about it. Actually, the game even makes an attempt at this. When you finish the game, you see this little video play button at the bottom of the title menu. It was actually a live-action video of the institute in its current 2017 state, which makes you understand how they've tried to recreate the exact place in-game, and there are also scenes with an actress playing the role of Renee and recreating events from the game. It actually makes for a better viewing experience than the game itself.
  2. CD-Action
    Jul 21, 2016
    The Town of Light reminded me of similarly short and unpleasant Neverending Nightmares. Both games tried to tackle the subject of mental illnesses and both failed utterly. [07/2016, p.51]
  3. May 31, 2016
    If you’re looking for a jump-out action packed horror game, The Town of Light is not for you. But I urge you to open your mind and consider it a separate learning experience.