8.6

1. Oct 1, 2016
    Holy crap guys!

So I just finished this game. I actually dropped it in the middle of episode 4 a couple years ago because I had a backlog of other games I wanted to play. I remember people being depressed by the third episode and thinking it wasn't so bad as they were claiming. But my god, that 5th episode just rips you apart! If you have any kind of heart. I think that's the
    Holy crap guys!

I think that's the most broken up I've been over a video game ever. Actually, I don't remember being that broken up by any kind of media since The Road. Brutal!

The human story it tells is simply amazing. Maybe even more so for me because I can identify with the protagonist and having that protective instinct.

I'm rating this a 9/10 based on the experience it offers. It's not a traditional game, and you shouldn't go into it thinking that. But if you want an incredible, interactive story told by amazing voice actors and stellar writing, pick this up immediately! The weakest episode is definitely the first one, so if you're on the fence about going through the entire season, I'd suggest you stick it out.

I do have some nitpicks with the game. There are some minor logic fails in the story. Something will happen that doesn't quite make sense or someone will react to something they should be completely unaware of. Minor details. Another nitpick is that the game is supposed to be all about choice, but you can't actually impact the direction of the game itself. Most, and arguably all, major plot points are set in stone. What you can do is impact the surrounding details: your relationships with other characters, their fates, and how they react with each other.

For me, that's enough. But I am hoping that season 2 offers more in the way of choices that actually impact the story's direction, as difficult as that is to do.

That's it; I recommend picking this up if you haven't yet. But be prepared for a rough ride!

There are no critic reviews yet.