7.5

1. Feb 2, 2021
    The battle in this game is very annoying. The additional mini-games and side missions are simply torturing players. The plot of the game is very weird and boring.
  2. Feb 3, 2021
    The Yakuza series remastered: When I first signed up for XGP about a year ago the first game ai downloaded was Yakuza Kiwani 2, I’m not sure why I started with that one aside from it seemed new and I thought it be good. I was expecting some kind of Japanese GTA experience, my limited understanding of the genre left me disappointed in a game that had 15-20 minute long cut scenes. I moved onThe Yakuza series remastered: When I first signed up for XGP about a year ago the first game ai downloaded was Yakuza Kiwani 2, I’m not sure why I started with that one aside from it seemed new and I thought it be good. I was expecting some kind of Japanese GTA experience, my limited understanding of the genre left me disappointed in a game that had 15-20 minute long cut scenes. I moved on naturally to Doom and that was that. Fast forward to the first week of 2021 and having played a lot of the games the pc side of XGP has to offer I decided I should give Yakuza a fair chance. If you can ignore the blip ins and low end graphics this series is pretty amazing story wise. Yakuza 3 and 4 both play really well but my favorite to play is without a doubt 5. The action, the story and the slow burn style is captivating. Some really in-depth mini games, fun and hilarious moments mixed with some pretty solid fighting made it a standout for me. I won’t go into detail about the plot, but I played over 30hrs so far and it hasn’t become boring or tedious like some RPGs that require you to invest hours upon hours to the grind. I’m not sure how improved the graphics are I have nothing to compare it to, (Disclaimer: never played these games when they were originally released) I suppose I can Google it but I don’t really mind that the game looks circa early PS3 era. Sometimes people blip in when you’re driving this can be a minor annoyance as hitting them costs points but overall not a major issue. If you see this as a issue try Kiwani 1 or 2 which I’ll play next I believe these are remakes of the first two Yakuza games remade from the ground up in the dragon engine from Yakuza 6 so maybe it’s better to start there. This is definitely worth checking out the devs put a lot of detail into the story and action. Expand
  3. Jan 31, 2021
    An absolute spoil of riches 5 alone is enough to justify the purchase with it's impecable gameplay (all 5 characters are a bliss to control) and outstanding narrative and a plathora of side content to do . 3 is quite outdated mechanically but makes up for it with it's heartwarming story and hype bossfights 4 is also great my only gripe with the pc release is some textures are a bit roughAn absolute spoil of riches 5 alone is enough to justify the purchase with it's impecable gameplay (all 5 characters are a bliss to control) and outstanding narrative and a plathora of side content to do . 3 is quite outdated mechanically but makes up for it with it's heartwarming story and hype bossfights 4 is also great my only gripe with the pc release is some textures are a bit rough and for some reason the games are locked to just 60fps which is the only reason i'm giving it a 9 instead of a 10 you are seriously doing yourself a disservice by not playing these masterpieces Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

This collection is a must have for any Yakuza players that are familiar with the series and want to jump straight into the story after Yakuza Kiwami 2.
  2. Feb 9, 2021
    The Yakuza series is one of the best at what it does, being an Action-RPG with explorable locations. The games in this collection are dated, but even so, they perform well today and are still enjoyable to play. For players who have played before on console, pick this up if you want updated graphics and the ability to play through the series again without having to worry about backwards compatibility on consoles. For fans on PC who haven’t played the full saga, I highly recommend the Collection as it’s important to understanding the story of Yakuza, and is plenty fun to play, even if it’s dated. For any players who are new to Yakuza, I recommend first checking out Yakuza 0 or Yakuza Kiwami, they are better starting points, the Remastered Collection is not the best place to jump in.
  3. Feb 2, 2021
    Visually and mechanically it will be a bit jarring for players who cut their teeth on the series with 0 and the 2 Kiwami games. However those who can forgive these shortcomings, this collection is still quite a value. With 3 titles whose play time can clock in around 20 hours each and even more if you indulge in the plethora of mini games and substories, it’s an absolute steal that the bundled price is $40. The value is even better as this package is available to members of Microsoft’s Game Pass program.