- Publisher: Imperium42 Game Studio
- Release Date: Sep 29, 2017
The 3D online multiplayer game of social deduction, mischief & betrayal inspired by medieval politics and the Werewolf/Mafia genre. Sit around the tabletop and attempt to distinguish friend from foe before it’s too late!
Positive: 0 out of 1
Mixed: 1 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Oct 16, 2017Throne of Lies is yet another addition to the very specific social deduction genre, requiring time and patience to get the best experience. For those who don’t mind doing a little bit of homework before starting a game, Throne is a great experience which raises the bar for the genre.
Oct 5, 2017Normally I don't give 10's, but these indie devs have outdone themselves. For $10, you get online matchmaking, 0 pay2win factors, andNormally I don't give 10's, but these indie devs have outdone themselves. For $10, you get online matchmaking, 0 pay2win factors, and interactive gameplay that feels different every game. I like their unique art style, too. The Discord community is awesome with friendly devs (that sometimes play with the players).
I followed their Kickstarter a long time ago and my score would have been different back then. However, now, they are well-deserving of 10/10!… Expand
Dec 2, 2017Throne of Lies is a great game, It has changed a few times quite a bit in my short stint. While the roles change more and more the idea staysThrone of Lies is a great game, It has changed a few times quite a bit in my short stint. While the roles change more and more the idea stays the same. Find out who is what and use as much information as you can to win.
One of the hardest things to do is learn what roles do and what abilities they have or why certain things give you different prompts but once you get a handle, its great fun. Sometimes even death will not stop you from helping your team out in a tight spot.
I've seen quite a few bug fixes over the past few days which has improved the stability of the game and different weirder interactions as there was a major patch earlier.
The developers have a good idea of what can be quite a pain to deal with, even removing roles that are not as fun until they can bring forth a proper fun class.
My only problem is when someone makes a big mistake, but such is the game and learning is a rough process so it's forgivable.
I have never touched a game in this genre, but after watching it being played i had to try it out and it was by far more fun than i expected and feels rewarding to win or even just get as far as you can.
For $10 i found this a steal.… Expand
Apr 28, 2019Im a six on this game because of players, concept, The overall content is Good, Probably would be worth a 7, but the other players can beIm a six on this game because of players, concept, The overall content is Good, Probably would be worth a 7, but the other players can be toxic. Don't listen to negative reviews as they are annoyed for being banned off this wonderful game, I'd still be playing tTown of Salem if it wasn't for this games appearance.… Expand
Nov 5, 2019This game is too chaotic to feature legitimate deduction, so it can't really be considered to be of the mafia genre. Most classes are unfun toThis game is too chaotic to feature legitimate deduction, so it can't really be considered to be of the mafia genre. Most classes are unfun to play and the game takes too long to learn to play properly for barely any benefit exactly because of this chaotic nature. It's just that everything Throne of Lies does, Town of Salem does better.
The lead dev is unfortunately psychotic, causing multiple members of their development team to quit over the guy. It's a shame, because I see potential in the game if the game is overhauled. But it won't happen.… Expand
Aug 7, 2019There's the idea for a fun game in here, but it's far too clunky and poorly executed.
I would love to see someone else make a moreThere's the idea for a fun game in here, but it's far too clunky and poorly executed.
I would love to see someone else make a more lightweight and better-designed and balanced version of this game.
As it stands, even if it were a free game it wouldn't be worth the time.… Expand
Nov 11, 2017Would not recommend. It would an "ok" free to play game, but with a price tag its completely not worth it at all. Its fun at first because itsWould not recommend. It would an "ok" free to play game, but with a price tag its completely not worth it at all. Its fun at first because its fresh, but there are glaring problems with the game that made me lose interest fast.
1) A lot of roles are simply not fun to play. This happens when developers are trying to create as many roles as possible to make the initial impression on the customer without putting much thought into it and not playtesting it properly.
2) The balance is abysmall and developers showed no signs of having any real expirience on how to balance the game. If you would look at the patch notes you would see what i mean, randomly over-buffing and over-nerfing roles, completely random reworks and removals. I am not sure what these changes are based for. It really shows that this is their first game and they are over their head on how to balance all these roles they implemented.
3) Techical issues - random crashes, hotkeys not working, loading screen stack bug, etc
4) In-game bugs (Skills randomly not working as intented, a lot of stuff really, deserve its own post)
5) Graphic style is... bad. I am really confused because what they showed during the kickstarted looked WAY better. Now it looks like childish crap, huge turn off
6) The community are a bunch of cribabies that threatens you with bans all the time. If are happen to play against a group of friends they will bandwagon to ban you if they just dislike you and YOU WILL get banned.
7) The developers are bad at taking feedback. Multiple instances of players getting forum/game banned just for arguing with developers which is complete insanity.
8) Just one game mode - no competetive Q, no all random chaos, etc - Check out Town of Salem - much superior game in my opinion, it has some issues sure, but ToL is much worse anyway.
9) Despite the roles having skills, its gets boring fast.
I hope a better developer will make a similar game, the idea was not bad. Hopefully a talented developers will pick up the idea and make a good game out of it, but it wont be Throne of Lies.… Expand