6.2

1. Fuz
    Sep 29, 2018
    A really good metroidvania. Excellent pixel art graphics, plays well, the setting and story are interesting, the map is well designed and it's just overall fun to play.
    The cons: Don't like much the combat system (although the "orb mix" is a nice idea), the backstep is kinda unresponsive and sometimes is just better to get hit and keep going, instead of lose time fighting some annoying enemies. Bosses sadly are nothing special. Also, and this is the worst flaw, the "vanilla wow style" fetch quest are ATROCIOUS and a huge detriment on my enjoyement of the game.
    All things considered, it's a very good take on the metroidvania genre.
  2. Nov 13, 2020
    It's a competent game... but that's really all it has going for it. Competent doesn't save it from being easy, repetitive, and unengaging. It basically borrows its metroidvania identity and doesn't fully flesh out its own identity (outside of its mundane story).

This game will stand on its own due to its the community of people that identify with the game, and the development of features such as randomizers.
  3. Jun 21, 2020
    A good platformer/metroidvania "death to the keyboard" type. Nice music, beautiful pixel art and over-dramatic story attached. Works fine on Ubuntu 18.04. Notebook with Intel® HD Graphics 4400 is enough.
  4. Jul 19, 2021
    The game was not bad, I finished the game in 2 days. The beginning of the game was fun, towards the end I got bored. The level design is not very good, it repeats itself. The difficulty level is not set well, you have a little difficulty in 1-2 bosses at the beginning of the game. You become a god especially after half of the game, even though I didn't grind, I was killing the enemies inThe game was not bad, I finished the game in 2 days. The beginning of the game was fun, towards the end I got bored. The level design is not very good, it repeats itself. The difficulty level is not set well, you have a little difficulty in 1-2 bosses at the beginning of the game. You become a god especially after half of the game, even though I didn't grind, I was killing the enemies in 1-2 hits. This causes you to get bored of the game quickly. The upgrade system feels unnecessary. Orb powers are unbalanced, especially Plasma Orb is overpowered. Using potions has made the game very easy, you are officially immortal. I liked the story and the music. Enemy designs weren't bad either. It was nice to go back in time and help the people there. The game is worth playing but don't expect too much. Expand
  5. Mar 8, 2021
    I can give this game an overall 6. It copies SOTN and Order of ecclesia to the point of being a complete and utter ripoff, also it's hardly a challenge... There is just nothing interesting about this game, I could've said that the story is interesting, but there is almost no story(and the story that is in the game is in the form of text that you have to read and this is a METROIDVANIAI can give this game an overall 6. It copies SOTN and Order of ecclesia to the point of being a complete and utter ripoff, also it's hardly a challenge... There is just nothing interesting about this game, I could've said that the story is interesting, but there is almost no story(and the story that is in the game is in the form of text that you have to read and this is a METROIDVANIA GAME...)
    Final score is AVOID.
  6. Jan 13, 2022
    Media duración, pasillero, e intenta involucrarte demasiado en una historia que no me parece para nada atrayente. Igualmente, el explorar todo el mapa para encontrar objetos/mejoras y los combates contra los enemigos son bastante buenos, no inventa nada nuevo, lo único que me pareció innovador es la mecánica del tiempo que se puede usar para sacarle provecho en más de una ocasión, yMedia duración, pasillero, e intenta involucrarte demasiado en una historia que no me parece para nada atrayente. Igualmente, el explorar todo el mapa para encontrar objetos/mejoras y los combates contra los enemigos son bastante buenos, no inventa nada nuevo, lo único que me pareció innovador es la mecánica del tiempo que se puede usar para sacarle provecho en más de una ocasión, y también los orbes que son distintos tipos de armas. Es un metroidvania simple que toma cosas de todos los juegos de éste género (aunque el mas obvio es el SOTN).
    Si te gusta el género, no te va a disgustar pero te va a parecer muy simple

Mixed or average reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 2, 2018
    A strange metroidvania in that it puts its story wholly at its front, Timespinner is a unique time-travelling experience whose subject matter is more mature than it may seem. Plus, you get to have a partner dragon.
  2. Oct 30, 2018
    A lovely Castlevania-like adventure with intriguing time-control mechanics. It also looks and plays great.
  3. Oct 9, 2018
    The pixel-art is faultless and the gameplay is pleasingly reminiscent of the classics, but Timespinner doesn't offer much that feels new.