6.3

1. Nov 17, 2020
    Decent Game lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  2. Oct 31, 2020
    Love it. It's just mindless fun and I wish breakpoint was also like this game. Sadly it isn't and as a result it failed hard.
  3. Oct 17, 2020
    After beating the game twice i can confidently say that this game is awful and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone ever.
  4. Oct 10, 2020
    Fantastic graphics, superb setting, fun missions, great gunplay. Can't say enough how much I love this game.
  5. Aug 1, 2020
    Aceptable entrega de la saga ghost recon.
    Es bastante divertido aunque no tiene una optimizacion perfecta.
    La historia es bastante simple aunque cumple
  6. Jul 6, 2020
    It's one of the most average games I've ever played, If I ever had some fun playing It was because of the shooting and open-world, because the story and characters were so bland It made me angry It wasted my time. Also the perfomance on PC is utter garbage as expected from Ubisoft.
    It's still is my shooting game of preference.
  7. Jun 2, 2020
    is the game fun? yes, does it have issues? yes, am i fine with those issues? yes,
  8. May 14, 2020
    This game has everything you need in tactical shooter game of this decade. It has really good graphics, locations, story and most important shooting tactics. It beautifully represents the open world of bolivia with jaw dropping graphics and ease of travel are the major advantage of the game.
    The only weak point of the game is the number of bosses in the story. It took lot of time then the normal open world game. but, still it was fun to play.
  9. Apr 12, 2020
    Great game, would recommend..
    Gameplay loop can get repetitive after a while in single player.
  10. Apr 3, 2020
    Ghost Recon Wildlands is perfect tactical shooter game hit feeling is perfect and open world is very big its my favorite game and recomend you to buy game and give chance to game because you can have fun and i played this game 89 hours. I had lot of fun.
  11. Mar 30, 2020
    Просто ужасная игра с кучей багов, данатом и прочим говном! Пустая трата дене
  12. Mar 24, 2020
    The gameplay can be fun, but is overall unenjoyable due to many glitches and weird AI behavior. I was highly disappointed.
  13. Jan 1, 2020
    Ghost Recon Wildlands

Ghost Recon Wildlands

I absolutely adored the original Ghost Recon series by Redstorm, Wildlands is somewhat relatively similar in regards to giving your ai team mates orders and scouting out the objective and decide how you're going to approach the objective. The coop in Wildlands is on point, the solo in Wildlands is also on point. It's pretty difficult to find a large HUGE open world map detailed with missions for you and your online buddies to carry out and drop in and out seamlessly.

All of this can be done solo too with the help of ai team mates, the ai isn't actually too bad with my personal experience. If they got stuck they eventually magically warp to you (which is nice) not causing performance issues or crashes due to your ai teammates glitching out in a rock or what have you. Also the enemy ai won't detect your ai squad mates until you issue an order, that way your ai mates are not giving you away in stealth operations. Once you issue a fire command or any other order...they become visible to enemy ai. Nice touch Ubi.. well done. That's a finer example of sacrificing realism for game play...worth it.

Wildlands I mostly play solo (since most of my friends are rambo online) and I had a great experience with using and issuing orders to the ai team mates. A pretty good array of weapons and gadgets, and the progression system is detailed with lots to work on and many skills and drone gadgets to aquire. The game is gorgeous as well, running on the Anvil 2.0 engine this game actually looks better than Breakpoint if you ask me I own both. Breakpoint looks decent but not as sharp and as clear as Wildlands.

The shooting mechanics seem well done, bullet drop every weapon seems different to shoot and use. You can have first and third person aiming, and also a fairly easy ui to navigate. The optics look good and seem to actually work for ranging targets etc.

Overall nice solo/coop 3rd person shooter. Lots of replay value and they still support ops online.
  14. Dec 9, 2019
    Скучнейшая игра, неоправданно прожорливая для своей графики. Унылейший сюжет, который вообще никак не может заинтересовать. посредственный геймплей, кривое управление транспортом. В общем плюсов даже выделить не могу.Скучнейшая игра, неоправданно прожорливая для своей графики. Унылейший сюжет, который вообще никак не может заинтересовать. посредственный геймплей, кривое управление транспортом. В общем плюсов даже выделить не могу.
  15. Nov 14, 2019
    High production levels, but super repetitive gameplay.
    Multiplayer is boring because most people think they're Rambo, not ghosts.
  16. Nov 10, 2019
    At start it's somewhat generic 3rd person shooter, but the fun starts in co-op. Gameplay is quite fun, weapon customization actually does something and you can feel the difference between different weapons. There is also so much possibilities to do things in unusual way thanks to the open world structure. I'll give 2 examples. First is a mission where you have to drop off a truck in enemyAt start it's somewhat generic 3rd person shooter, but the fun starts in co-op. Gameplay is quite fun, weapon customization actually does something and you can feel the difference between different weapons. There is also so much possibilities to do things in unusual way thanks to the open world structure. I'll give 2 examples. First is a mission where you have to drop off a truck in enemy base and leave without raising any alarms. You can do that normal way and try to sneak out or take down all enemies quietly. Alternatively you can sneak into a nearby building, get to the top and base jump out of the base. Second example is mission to interrogate base commander. You can get in normal way, or get a friend to fly you in a helicopter over the base, jump on a parachute on top of the building he's in and after interrogation have you friend pick you up with the same heli. There is lot of cool freedom in that game, you just have to use it. And they are the first game I know to actually solve issue with exposition over comms in open world, where fighting can start any second and distract you. Expand
  17. Oct 30, 2019
    The game is really just not that good. It's a checklist simulator. I have about 60 hours played in this game, and I would say that's mostly because of co-op multiplayer with friends. I can hardly remember the landscape and gamplay, and I can honestly not remember anything about the actual story of the game...
  18. Oct 23, 2019
    не плохая игра ,ну быстро надоедает ((сюжета мало
  19. Oct 7, 2019
    Плюси: Не плохая графика, разные биоми, напарники (боты) которые довольно частенько комментируют, тактончик.
    Минуса: сюжет для галочки, всего пару видов побочек на такую большую карту. Оптимизация и лаги на старте.
    В целом не плохой середнячок.
    В целом не плохой середнячок.
  20. Oct 5, 2019
    I don't usually buy the soundtrack of a game, but when I do I listen to it until I hate every song. Anyway, the game is amazing with disabled HUD, it's like real life. I still have nightmares of being close to Unidad. I haven't completed the predator mission, that bastard alien is invincible?
  21. Oct 1, 2019
    Este jogo te, uma ideia muito boa porém executada de forma errada, depois de um tempo as missões por sim só acabam enjoando por serem muito repetitivas é apenas "vá lá vasculhe uns aquivos de informações em determinado posto avançado" ou "destrua determinada mercadoria" até achar determinada pessoa, consegue ser um shooter muito genérico não esboçando nenhum realismo em questão de cadênciaEste jogo te, uma ideia muito boa porém executada de forma errada, depois de um tempo as missões por sim só acabam enjoando por serem muito repetitivas é apenas "vá lá vasculhe uns aquivos de informações em determinado posto avançado" ou "destrua determinada mercadoria" até achar determinada pessoa, consegue ser um shooter muito genérico não esboçando nenhum realismo em questão de cadência de tiro ou recuo. O que era para ser seu forte que era a questão stealth é bem fraco também com uma inteligencia artificial muito fraca dos inimigos sabendo em muitos momentos onde exatamente onde você está ao serem chamados atenção, corpos de inimigos no chão simplesmente somem não dando pára você esconder.
    Falando do mapa em si é muito variado e muito bonito explorando muito bem a vegetação do pais onde se passa dando uma imersão muito boa do jogo acho que um dos pontos mais forte do jogo.
    Agora em questão da versão PC é realmente lamentável muitas quedas de quadros muita vezes não conseguindo segurar os 60fps nas mais variadas resoluções possíveis rodei ele em duas configurações diferentes sendo:

Processador: FX 6300
    Memoria: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
    Placa de Video: GTX 1050TI 4GB

Porcessador: I5 7400
    Memoria: 12GB DDR4 2400MHz
    Placa de Video: GTX 1660 OC 6GB / 2000 mhz

E tive uma péssima experiencia com essas duas configurações ficando de 35 a 80 frames na segunda configuração e na primeira de 30 a 50 frames.
  22. Sep 28, 2019
    Game was not ported correctly to PC, as a result too many draw calls are initiated resulting in system utilization between 30-80% and fps of 20-40 no matter system specs or settings.

Tested on: i7 2600k@5.5GHz/1070ti R7 2700@4.8GHz/1080ti Both gave 40fps@1440p regardless of settings, limited by draw calls hammering the CPU. Don't buy any PC titles from this developer, they do

Tested on:
    i7 2600k@5.5GHz/1070ti
    R7 2700@4.8GHz/1080ti

Don't buy any PC titles from this developer, they do not port them correctly and the games all have serious technical issues.
  23. Sep 7, 2019
    I finished the game and I liked it :

- the map is very large - the weapons feeling (recoil, sound) is good - technically well-optimized - many ways to win combats - the helicopter is a good idea and the helicopter combat is very satisfying when you destroy many enemy vehicles with rockets - missions are varied enough to feel not too repetitive - the synchronous fire is
    I finished the game and I liked it :

- the map is very large

- the weapons feeling (recoil, sound) is good

- technically well-optimized

- many ways to win combats

- missions are varied enough to feel not too repetitive

- the synchronous fire is very useful

But :

- far landscape fextures are low quality

- close high quality textures sometimes do no load or too late, even on a high-end PC (9900K, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, Intel Optane 900p)

- not tactical enough : one can give only basic orders to your 3 mates.
  24. Aug 24, 2019
    Ghost Recon Wildlands is a great open world shooter and I enjoyed it from the first second. It offers an experience like currently no other game.

+ Best looking game to date. The graphics are stunning. + Good performance and configuration options. Ultra settings are demanding, but that is to be expected. + Size of the world is unmatched I think and it feels very realistic. + Great

+ Best looking game to date. The graphics are stunning.
    + Size of the world is unmatched I think and it feels very realistic.
    + Great variation of landscapes and locations.
    + Good shooting mechanics and weapon/movement controls.
    + Many customizable weapons.
    + Coop gameplay is very fun.
    + Great attention to details in many areas of the game.

= The story isn't great, but it serves well for an open world game like this. You get most information on the run and there are no interruptions, similar to The Division.

- Some missions are incredibly badly designed, especially the ones where you have to protect NPCs.
    - Vehicle physics have a lot of room for improvement.
    - A few animations could be better.

-- Terrible AI. Both team and enemy AI are very cheap and bad in every possible way, to the point that it distracts from the gameplay.
  25. Jul 13, 2019
    This game easily can be the next farcry3-like breakthrough, but it needs much more work. So much bugs, freezes, quits suddenly, it's like somehow programmed in the kindergarten or by spongebob. The gameplay, the story, the open world could be the best if the game could be run without sudden quits in the middle of the quests. It's a crap.
  26. Jun 20, 2019
    A giant pile of garbage.
    Ubilol should really retire from the market and sell their franchising to some better software house.
    This game is **** like everything else is coming out from their offices.
    I want old Ghost Recon series back.
  27. Jun 18, 2019
    The Open World looks great, that's about all the positives about this game.
    But the ridiculously slow bullet velocity alone makes this game barely worth playing, unless you have no problems with weapons that feel like pea shooters.
  28. May 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wildlands is a really great game if you play with three other players that are into playing in a serious tactical style.
    Playing Solo this game is still very good but you miss out on using it as a more serious military sim game.
    Even though there are three A.I teammates you can use in game it is very limited to what you can command them to do. For instance there is not even a basic flank order which was very disappointing.
    You can command them to hold position, go to a specific area you highlight(all three not just one will go to that spot) and you can tell them to regroup and to fire. Those are the only commands in game for them, :(
    Another thing that may turn many off about this game is it is part RPG in that you have to loot supply boxes scattered all over the map to get points to add skills and do many side missions that are very repetitive!
    There is the steal a plane side mission, steal a helicopter, start a radio and defend until timer runs out, breach a entrance door and hack a computer that is defended by enemies in the building, stop a convoy and lastly a turn off a radio tower and race to a second before the time runs out.
    These were all fun the first few times BUT after 6 or 7 times they become pretty boring.
    To unlock weapons and mods for them you have to first get the info to where they are by using Intel by interrogating lieutenants then they will be highlighted on the map. Some are in area's that are guarded and some are not.
    Overall it is a good game solo but is not a "Ghost recon" game like earliest versions.
    I don't think this should have even been called a "Tom Clancy Ghost recon" game honestly.
    That is not saying i did not have a lot of fun playing it but it just is not the same as advanced warfighter from 2006.
    Like i said earlier if you have three friends that like to play in a serious tactical military sim style like the guys on the Youtube channel F.I.S.T do then this game is well worth the money.
    If you will be playing it solo then grab it on sale it can be a lot of fun for $20-$30
  29. May 10, 2019
    I like to describe this game in terms of a fusion between The Division and GTA: Online. Gunplay in this one is amazing, I can't really think of any other game in which I would enjoy shooting as much. Missions are somewhat repeatable, but as environment and stealth are two crucial factors on the highest difficulty level (which I do recommend a lot), they vary a lot in that regard. Add someI like to describe this game in terms of a fusion between The Division and GTA: Online. Gunplay in this one is amazing, I can't really think of any other game in which I would enjoy shooting as much. Missions are somewhat repeatable, but as environment and stealth are two crucial factors on the highest difficulty level (which I do recommend a lot), they vary a lot in that regard. Add some coop interactions with a group of friends (I only played on coop), and you have a solid experience for many, many hours to come. Expand
  30. May 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I stopped playing to write this. I made this account to write this. The game is nothing like past ghost recon games, it is not fun, it is the standard Ubisoft open world fare that seems to come out with the irritating regularity of a period.

the game is annoyingly inaccurate, and I am not talking "my M4A1 is a 5MOA gun in the game when the platform is traditionally 1MOA." My AI controlled squadmate CONSISTENTLY fres his sniper rifle full auto when in a vehicle. Enemies can fire perfectly accurate streams of death using machine pistols at 50+ yards, and villagers seem to ignore the special ops troops shouting in English while killing gun wielding maniacs.

I stopped playing when the following exchange happened between my character and a squadmate.

"Ok I found the location for a cocaine factory, it is in an abandoned meat processing plant"

"Alright boss let's go bust some heads"

"We can't, the door to the building is protected by a passcode, which is in the computer of one of their lieutenants"

freaking what??? the crack special military team made up of the best of the best soldiers is stopped by a freaking code lock??

I was out at that point, my immersion was gone. The old Ghost team would have blown up the factory, killed everyone, and been back stateside before anyone missed them.

Ranting aside I do have one final question. Why open world? This game could have been a level based Third person shooter and nothing of narrative value would have been lost.

In the end the game is bland, boring, and can be replaced by it's previous counterparts.

if you like tactical combat go play MGS5. if you like sniping gameplay, go play Sniper Elite. if you have a hankering for third person shooters, Spec Ops: The Line has not gone anywhere.

in short: Bland Boring and Dull, I got it on sale for $14 and I think I paid too much for it
  31. May 5, 2019
    Complete the first region and you've seen it all.

After being introduced with the first story mission thats it, no whatsoever story drives the game further, except ... go out there and kill endless leaders to unlock the big boss.
  32. Apr 1, 2019
    Played ghost mode (permadeath mode) for 16 hours being extremely careful and having almost reached level 30 (level cap). Got out of a helicopter, fell through the map and died. Everything I did up until that point was a waste of my time. Save yourself from a mediocre, poorly optimized and bugged game. The devs gave up on it so why shouldn't you?
  33. Mar 24, 2019
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands
    Is TPS/FPS shooter which takes place in Bolivia
    Drug Cartel of Santa blanca took over whole Bolivia and Ghost Team is going to defeat them. there is also military faction of UNITAD (Army of Bolivia), and also the friendly rebel faction (People of Bolivia). exploring the country is very interesting, and also very beautiful mountains. car driving is bad. car won't
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands
    Is TPS/FPS shooter which takes place in Bolivia
    car driving is bad. car won't explode if you fall from 50meter place. it will just crash.
    game is made for coop but can be playable on Single player with 4 friendly AIs.
    Character customization is very big, you can choose what to wear, which camo, which tattoo, hairstyle, logo etc.
    I advice you to buy it on Sale only! buy it its great game
  34. Mar 5, 2019
    Changing old review to 0 for the reasons below

Changing old review to 0 for the reasons below

Simply put, Ubi-soft broke the game and then blamed it on another party for their mistakes and even in the past 5 or 6 months since the major gamebreaking bug for RTX card users surfaced, Ubi-soft has done nothing to fix the problem, the bug is so severe that it completely breaks the game and the only sure way work-a-round is to play in offline mode until Ubi decides to fix this problem, which - they probably never will - but yeah! Its totally fine for them to throw in a huge array of new microtransations and loot crates since the last time I played /slow claps

Please consider this game right now to be [Early Access]

I decided to do my review now after spending about 50+ hours playing, maxing out my character and finding almost all the collectables - and I still have plenty to do, however that replayability will be limited once you have essentially seen and done everything that Ghost Recon Wildlands has to offer.

Even though I've enjoyed my time playing the game, yes its FUN to play - its also frustrating and in classic ubisoft style - its full of bugs and glitches it is simply not finished right now and needs some big patches to fix a lot of the bugs, some of which are hilarious but totally ruin the co-op immersion. There is also a considerably amount of design flaws which seriously are stupid such as chain link fences which you can ram and destroy with vehicles, but you can't destroy them with grenades or C4.

Stealth vs Loud; The former is one of the problems with the game as quite a few missions require perfect stealth to complete otherwise its instant fail and you have to restart; many of these are nearly impossible in public co-op for the obvious reasons, whilst failing or dying has little consquence it can become annoying having to keep backtracking in order to complete the missions and as for death, put it simply you'll die - most of the time you'll suffer WTF deaths or unfair deaths due to narcos or unidad spawning from thin air, this issue still persists and really ruins a lot of the fun when your suddenly surrounded by 10+ unidad troopers + attack helios in the space of 20 seconds, the balance here is just horrible, not to mention the unidad can, and will often disrupt your missions and even sometimes causing you to fail the missions just because 'they can'

The AI is horrible, your team mates are literally just tag alongs most of the time- in fact, if you had the option to go alone it probably would be better since they are that dumb. Enemy AI is broken as well, some enemies function with zero brain functions and will just allow you to kill them easily, others will know exactly where you are at all times - they'll shoot through walls, fire mortars - enemy helicopters will circle you constantly until you can kill them, and by the way? Totally forget about surviving against unidad apache gunships.

Driving is also a major problem and needs tweaking, this was one of the major concerns in the beta. Its essentially doesn't work very well, cars and ground vehicles feel like they wobble sometimes and its very easy to lose control, Helicopters are even worst and takes a lot of practice before you can fly like a pro; as for destroying targets in helios...forget about it, not happening.

Wildlands greatest assest is the eye candy, They really made Bolivia look spectular, the graphics are 10/10 easily but its a shame about the rest - potentially in a years time Wildlands will be an awesome game but right now; be prepared for many issues.

Pros

Awesome Graphics and Scenery
    Plenty of collectables
    Good co-op experience
    Fun to play
    Character and Weapon Customization

Cons

Bugs and glitches everywhere
    Bad A.I
    Unidad soldiers are very unbalanced
    Bad Driving mechanics
    Potentially P2W
    Micro-transactions
  35. Feb 28, 2019
    + Plus
    Missions and options with strategies to done one missian are hundreds.
    Team play - Its really fun to play with friends. You feel like you're in anti-terrorist simulator. Graphics 10/10 Effects / Sky /grass/ trees etc........ oh my god !!!!!! Realistic weapons, vehlices and sounds from it etc...... Give commands to your crew and use special abilites - mega ! Adding points
    + Plus
    Missions and options with strategies to done one missian are hundreds.

Graphics 10/10 Effects / Sky /grass/ trees etc........ oh my god !!!!!!
    Realistic weapons, vehlices and sounds from it etc......
    Give commands to your crew and use special abilites - mega !
    Adding points to sklills - mega !
    You can change look from 3rd to 1st person ! MEGA ! !!!
    That sounds when you stay you hear wind and everything its cool !

Vehlices work pretty good
    And open, open open
    World!!!!!!!!
    All time when i'm buing game i'm looking for calm for something new , for freedom ! I love games with open worlds
  36. Feb 27, 2019
    This is a tripleA game and worth any penny spent on it. The map is vast and it's incredible the number of missions u can do, loads and loads of fun things to explore. While I had concerns with this game (if it would run in my PC) actually runs pretty well and with no complaint about it.

What the game lacks is a bit more of updates, except that for all good hours I've spent 10/10. Tom clancy already my fav, Rainbow six also a top Title!!!! pretty good!!!
  37. Feb 26, 2019
    This game is seriously underrated. It's filled with plenty of content, multiplayer, challenges, and customization to last for hours. It's not perfect, but if Ubisoft continue to improve upon this design in the next iteration of Ghost Recon, it has the potential to be a GOTY contender.
  38. Dec 24, 2018
    Woow: this is surprisingly very good game! Solid gameplay - good solo, better with friends (cp-op). In comparison with Fallout 75 it is little gem. I liked story, I liked RPG aspect. Big and colorfull world to explore.
  39. Nov 28, 2018
    Ghost Recon Wild-lands could have been a good game but sadly its only a mediocre one. There are a number of aspects to this game that let it down. The most obvious is the Uplay interface that can best be described as a marketing tool. Unlike Steam that mostly gets out of your way Uplay is simply a nuisance that constantly trying to sell you things even when the game is loading.

The

The second biggest failing is the confused mix of arcade style game play and strategic military shooter. It should be one thing but really its both and its a discordant mix. Things constantly pop up on your screen, rubbish about movies, tutorials, insistent requests to join on line play and other nonsense that like Uplay simply get in the way and can best be described as "screen graffiti". This arcade interface is simply a nuisance and its not helped by a needlessly complex mapping system that in trying to help you simply confuses. Less would have been far more.

With its open world game environment you would have thought good vehicle physics would be a must. Well you would be wrong again. Ground vehicles handle like buses with choppers being the only decent form of transport.

Game plays a mess too. Because of the annoying arcade interface you often find it difficult to work out simply things, mission parameters and the like. The net result if failed missions where have to go in with no real idea of what it is you are to do let alone how you are expected to achieve anything.

Gun physics are mediocre too. Things like zooming sniper sights are limited and poorly executed. Guns feel awkward and under powered. Enemies seem to know where you are for no obvious reason turning you into a bullet magnet in short order.

I played this game half halfheartedly and could not really get into it. It's deficits are so conspicuous and extensive that like Far Cry 5 its more frustrating than it could ever be said to be enjoyable.

A unenthusiastic 4/10 from me.
  40. Nov 17, 2018
    hated it at first and barely played, watched a video on youtube showing how to play hardcore no hud and I am now enjoying it immensely. Great open world with lots of options.
  41. Oct 25, 2018
    Nice weapons, nice customization in general.
    But after a short time, the game is pure repetitive, the world is boring and the story is lame as **** Jean Claude Van Dame movies from the 90 kick ass comparing to this.

Petty for the mechanics, and the potential of the game, looks like a **** corporate product.
  42. Oct 3, 2018
    Are you use to Tom Clancy games from the past that felt like semi decent simulators. Welp abandon that feeling because this is reskined farcry. everything feels toony and loose and BASIIIIC. got bored in the first 20 minutes.
  43. Sep 22, 2018
    Breathtaking enviroments, sometimes a gripping and entertaining coop-experience that shines when you clear a camp while providing cover-fire from a distance and let your buddies get close!

But: The single-player gets boring very fast, because there are not enough ways to approach objectives and the AI - while doing a decent job - just can't do that many experiments you would try!

But:
    The single-player gets boring very fast,
    because there are not enough ways to approach objectives

The Coop-experience on the other hand CAN turn this game into a "tactic"-sort-of mix of Just Cause and Far Cry!

But weapons shoot like garden-hoses with a ridiculous bullet-drop and a laughable travel-speed of your bullets.

Problem is:
    All the "missions" are getting repetitive very fast!
    There is not much variety and once you completed multiple Raids, liberated some camps and hijacked another convoy,
    you've done it all!

Its a wasted opportunity,
    because the landscapes look very, very good,
    but are filled with all the same missions and tasks!
  44. Sep 18, 2018
    This is open World game with tons to do. Wildlands is really awesome with good story, many side missions and its getting FREE updates! This game deserves much more love than stupid 6/10 .. This game has some bugs but its Amazing, big and fun.
    9.5/10 !!!
  45. Sep 9, 2018
    Worst Ghost Recon I have ever played. Repetitive, useless to even try to beat missions stealthy, physics are the worst I've ever seen. Useless bugs that still haven't been fixed... I want the old GR back.
  46. Aug 14, 2018
    After 80 hours of gameplay... (I have the Uplay version)

Could be good if the constantly bugs (the reason for the rating) are not so annoying... it is one of the most bugged game I ever played. And the new DLC (Year 2) came with many new bugs. Really, only buy with a good discount. Some pros: Graphs are beautiful, with varied landscapes. Really big open world. Coop is very nice.
    After 80 hours of gameplay... (I have the Uplay version)

Really, only buy with a good discount.

Some pros:
    Graphs are beautiful, with varied landscapes.
    Really big open world.
    Coop is very nice.
    Sniper shooting is cool.
    Nice weapons.
    Good voice acting
    The drone is cool.
    Sync shoot.

Bad:
    IA of the enemies sometimes are extreme dumb (they can crash their cars and kill their friends and you are blamed for this if you are in the area)
    Enemies sometimes spawn from nothing, near to you.
    Unidad can be annoying, appearing in the middle of a mission (occur too much)
    Missions are repetitive after some time.
    The missions appear to be "side quests" only.

Some (few) of the bugs:
    The sniper weapon constantly loses their supressor and you need to go to the menu to equip then (in some weapons, it is impossible to equip after you lost it).
    In coop, players can see things different from the other (for example, one player see a running helicopter, other no).
    Sometimes the game closes.
    In the 2 last updates (Uplay version) I had to reinstall the entire game, because the update failed after the download (17GB + 14GB).
    In coop, one play accomplished the mission and the other not, even doing the mission together.
  47. May 16, 2018
    It started out fairly good. But simply put, the rest is repetitive. Must have friends to play this and enjoy it for longer periods of time. I tapped out around 6 hours. Environments were great though. Plenty of diverse space, the problem is there is not much to do in it.
  48. Apr 27, 2018
    While the game is generally enjoyable, what completely destroyed it for me was the Sam Fisher mission, which is a horrible exercise in frustration.
    Part One: you have to sneak through a base filled with enemies like a metro on rush hour. One look in your direction and it’s mission over. Also, grenade lures are completely random. Sometimes the enemy walks towards them to investigate, other times they ignore them or walk directly towards you. You are not allowed to take out anyone, so, you’ll complete part one about 33% of attempts, based mostly on luck. You arrive at the destination and plant a few mines to prepare for part two, then you meet the legendary Sam Fisher.
    Part Two: since time is of the essence, Fisher goes blah blah blabber blabber blah blah blah for *minutes*, and you can’t skip the conversation, even if you have heard it twenty times already. Then all hell breaks loose. You weren’t allowed to kill anyone but now you have to kill everyone. Riiight.
    Usually at least two of your AI teammates are down before they even reach you, and then you have to survive wave after wave of enemies, while in a scarcely defensible rooms with multiple openings that allow the enemy great opportunities. Forget about reviving the fallen AIs, you’ll just die.
    Again, if you have a good assault weapon and some luck, you survive. This happens about 40% of the time.
    Part Three; time to exfiltrate, finally! Unfortunately, enemies are everywhere, and there are multiple helicopters overhead, armed with rockets. Taking down the copters is pointless, since they respawn immediately. You might manage to get out of the compound and into the wilderness, but copters will still keep flying directly overhead, and you’ll eventually be spotted. At that point, enemies from all directions will kill you. If they don’t, the rockets will finish the job.

After several hours of frustration, I’ve decided to give up the mission. Yes, it’s optional – as is the game, tho. If the only way to enjoy the game is to avoid playing it, or parts of it, it speaks volumes about the quality of the design. Too bad.
  49. Apr 24, 2018
    It's always TUT... TUT... GAME OVER. Mission failed before you even start it. You have a fraction of second to hide which is impossible. Then instantly appears an infinite army of soldiers. If they at least removed UNIDAD and left only cartel enemies, it would be playable.
  50. Apr 20, 2018
    The impressiveness and beauty of Bolivia in Ghost Recon: Wildlands are irrefutable, but not enough to cover up the emptiness that plagues the land, despite the seemingly endless supply of repetitive missions and pointless collectibles.
  51. Apr 15, 2018
    I think my favourite part of this game is that you can complete a mission HOWEVER you want. It almost feels like a single player PUBG without the looting.

Sometimes I feel like hiding in the hills and picking off heads, and other times I feel like landing a bird in the middle of a farm and watching the team shoot everyone up. That's the beauty, you can do whatever you want. And on a 1080TI, this game looks gorgeous.
  52. Apr 3, 2018
    The year is 2018 Ubisoft has moved into games as a service.
    Always online laggy garbage. Microtransactions; 2 season passes... Bland open world. Terrible driving mechanics. Overall buggy and disappointing experience. Terrible ai; terrible stealth. The worst Ghost Recon game that dares to call it's self Ghost Recon.
  53. Mar 11, 2018
    This game is like Skyrim, you do the missions, then you get bored and explore the whole map and do some random **** I have explored %57 of the map with my spare time. The most fun thing to do in this game is skydiving. It's so fun, you should try it out.
  54. Mar 1, 2018
    뭐 옛날에는 어땟을지 몰라도 지금은 완전 최고죠.
    그런데 DLC를 산다고하면 고스트워말곤 사지않는게 좋습니다.
    게다가 이 게임 호환만 잘됬으면 좋겠네요.
  55. Feb 12, 2018
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands is a beautifully-crafted open world game packed with so much action and too much visual satisfaction. The theme and setting of the game resembles that of the Just Cause games minus crazy explosions and spy-tech with somehow a bit more methodical gameplay. The game may be a little repetitive, but just avoid being burnt out and you'll find yourself wantingTom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands is a beautifully-crafted open world game packed with so much action and too much visual satisfaction. The theme and setting of the game resembles that of the Just Cause games minus crazy explosions and spy-tech with somehow a bit more methodical gameplay. The game may be a little repetitive, but just avoid being burnt out and you'll find yourself wanting more each day. Expand
  56. Jan 28, 2018
    The Campaign game is cool and fun
    the multiplayer is so stupid , I wonder how is possible they did something so bad
    In the beginning it was cool with thermal , basically every match lasts 8 minutes and they never end also the enemies need to be revived they don't die at all which is very stupid in my opinion because in this way the match never ends . Then finding an enemy if you play
    The Campaign game is cool and fun
    because in this way the match never ends .
    Then finding an enemy if you play solo is almost impossible , in the past you had the thermal now if you don't have premade team is almost impossible spotting enemies on the trees
    One of the worst games I have ever bought , so sad I can resell it because is for pc .
  57. Jan 27, 2018
    A re-skinned version of the division. There is absolutely nothing good about this game, from its time wasting travel mechanics to broken stealth system. On the upside they solved the bullet sponge problem of the division, on the downside, your guns still suck and feel arcadey. Great for a perfectionist who enjoys playing the same stealth mission 50x times because the detection system is broken.
  58. Jan 17, 2018

BAD Optimization
    We need a nuclear base pc to run this game at 60 fps ¬¬
    Very very high requeriments
  59. Nov 25, 2017
    I am disappointed in this game, I have played and liked playing other Tom Clancy games but this one is just bad. When running away for danger in the mountains if you fall in a crevice game over you cannot get out. You can not just run wherever you want and sometimes you can go up but cannot go down the same way. If you encounter unidad soldiers you cannot stay and fight as they come inI am disappointed in this game, I have played and liked playing other Tom Clancy games but this one is just bad. When running away for danger in the mountains if you fall in a crevice game over you cannot get out. You can not just run wherever you want and sometimes you can go up but cannot go down the same way. If you encounter unidad soldiers you cannot stay and fight as they come in endless hordes. I was in an armory and decided to stay since I had endless ammo. After playing this way for an hour I just gave up since it would never end. I counted shooting down 25 helicopters, over 100 Unidad soldiers, and countless vehicles. Weapon strength doesn't make any sense. The HTI Sniper rifle can shoot down a helicopter with 1 shot but does no damage to SAM sites. If you disable a SAM site using explosives and leave it re spawn's. Speaking of re spawning, if you use the drone to surveil the area and identify all the enemy additional ones randomly respawn right next to you and kill you. I have had vehicles re spawn with min of 3 solders with no way to prepare.
    The game just seems unpolished. One should be able to go anywhere on the terrain like you can do in Phantom Pain. You shouldn't have to be directly in front of the ammo container of object you need to interact with, weapons should not have unrealistic power like the HTI sniper rifle etc etc. Sorry Ubisoft you missed the mark on this one, very disappointing given that the other Clancy games were well thought out and executed.
  60. Nov 14, 2017
    + A large and beautiful open world
    + Pretty good game to play in coop

- Terrible car physics
    - Boring campaign
    - Stupid AI
    - A lof of repetitivly missions and activities
    - No PvP mods on release

Ghost Recon Wildlands is a good example of destroying a nice game concept by doing game without a bit of creativity.
  61. Oct 15, 2017
    Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands is a game which shows the weaknesses of open-world games. It is a game where there is an enormous amount of stuff to do, and yet, almost all of the stuff is the same, and it is a game without a strong sense of progression.

Your goal in Ghost Recon: Wildlands is to bring down a drug cartel which has taken over Bolivia. You do this by taking down a bunch of cartel bosses, who lead to their bosses, who lead to their bosses, who lead to the head of the cartel. The world map – about 400 square kilometers of land – is broken up into 20 or so regions, each of which is ruled over by a cartel leader. Within each area, you collect intel which leads to missions, which then get completed in order to unlock a confrontation with that area’s leader, where you kill them, capture them, or cajole them into turning on their cartel masters. Beat two of these bosses from a single portion of the gang (Security, Influence, Production, or Smuggling), and you unlock the ability to take on that section’s “underboss”. Beat all of these bosses, and you get to take on the boss of that section of the gang.

The thing is, you can take these on in any order you want. As the game starts, you are dumped into Bolivia with a marker on your map to lead you to your first mission objective; after that point, you are introduced to the idea of how to get more missions, and you are let loose on the world.

Because you can attack the bosses in any order, they don’t really tie together very closely; each area has its own little self-contained story, which only really intersect in that you unlock additional story segments, in the form of little videos, after beating each area. However, these have to be pretty vague about which bosses you’ve beaten, as there’s no particular order to them, so it really just shows a growing sense of desperation by the cartel.

Unfortunately, this is really the only flavor there is in the game. This is a “realistic” game, and like many “realistic” games, it falls into the trap of making the enemies have very little sense of variety. All the enemies can be taken down with just a few bullets – or often, a single bullet from a more powerful gun, like a sniper rifle – which really robs the combat of any sense of diversity. There are vehicles, but in the end, there is very limited variety in vehicles – there are the vehicles that are just cars with dudes in them, there are vehicles that have turrets on top of them, there are helicopters with dudes in them, and there are helicopters with turrets on them. In addition to “dude with gun” and “dude with sniper rifle”, that is the “variety” of enemies in the game, and you will experience all of them quite early.

This leads to very, very limited variety in the sort of challenge you face. Worse, all missions basically are “kill the dude/all the dudes”, “sneak into an area without being detected (while killing dudes along the way)”, “stop the dude and then interrogate them/put a tag on a vehicle you stopped”, or “kill some dudes and steal a vehicle that you drive off to some other location in”. There are hundreds of these missions in the game, so they repeat not just frequently, but incessantly. Worse, even the set dressing on these missions repeats heavily; there’s a set of missions which involve blowing open a radio station tower and then going in to shoot some people and hack a system within a time limit, and you do this mission something like nine times over the course of the game. Not even basically the same mission; exactly the same mission, just in different locations. The same goes for stealing planes/helicopters and flying supplies to hidden rebel bases, with the only real breaks there being a few missions where you must carefully avoid anti-aircraft systems (or, more likely, blow them up pre-emptively).

Having a big world is pointless if it is just the same things over and over again, copy-pasted into 20 different areas, and that’s precisely what Ghost Recon: Wildlands is. All the production values in the world can’t disguise the samey, repetitive gameplay, and you will get bored with the game long before you get anywhere near the end.
  62. Oct 14, 2017
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 8
    Story : 6
    Sound : 9
    Overall : 9
  63. Sep 24, 2017
    I have played almost all of the Tom Clancy Ghost Recon games and I have to say this one is just bad. Missions change regularly as you're trying to complete them. Related missions just seem random. Altogether, poorly conceived and executed.
  64. Aug 27, 2017
    Ubisoft wouldn't be Ubisoft if have released the sensible game based on a cooperative game in the big open world. There is no plot here, there is no live dynamic world too. What in her in general to do? To kill stupid mob with thousands and to smooth out bekrayny open spaces of Bolivia? There is no graphics, physics and though some diligence to make a good product here. Usual the conveyorUbisoft wouldn't be Ubisoft if have released the sensible game based on a cooperative game in the big open world. There is no plot here, there is no live dynamic world too. What in her in general to do? To kill stupid mob with thousands and to smooth out bekrayny open spaces of Bolivia? There is no graphics, physics and though some diligence to make a good product here. Usual the conveyor game from Ubisoft. Perhaps if to play to the companies of people, then a game is more interesting. But not one my acquaintance didn't begin to play this game (( Expand
  65. Aug 26, 2017
    [ Continued from review by Ajje, containing summary and likes ]

Essence of the game: Kill all drug cartel fiefs (everyone cartel related really). Disliked: * Infinite respawn. If you die, all your clearing is for naught. If you move a couple of meters away from an area you've cleared, your labor is for naught since all enemies and threats re-appear. This utterly kills the sense of
    [ Continued from review by Ajje, containing summary and likes ]

Disliked:
    * Infinite respawn. If you die, all your clearing is for naught. If you move a couple of meters away from an area you've cleared, your labor is for naught since all enemies and threats re-appear. This utterly kills the sense of achievement, and makes any kind of military strategy pointless. Take out 3 SAM sites in the belief that you can safely fly in the area. Haha, they're too far apart, so the first will respawn as you reach the third. Sigh.
    * Respawns in the most illogical location (e.g. in a small closet you just cleared, as soon as you turn your back to it). Greatly diminishes use of tactics.
    * The horrid zombie wave of cops in GTA is here re-skinned into Unidad (corrupt Bolivian military), but they've been tuned up to be even more relentless than in GTA. This attribute coupled with the random spawning issue makes this game mechanic totally game and immersion breaking at times. Aweful aspect of the game which you'll come to hate with a passion.
    * No way to progress time. This is particularly annoying if you prefer doing certain activities in daylight and others at night. E.g. infiltration at night time and scouting at day. I hope UBI will fix this in future titles, as I had to leave the game running for half an hour, doing something else while waiting for the game to cycle 12 hours. Just a pointless time wasting limitation that greatly reduced the enjoyment.
    * The enemy AI I would say is OK compared to other FPS titles, but there's one annoying aspect to it. The AI has an incredible ability to immediately spot where you are if an enemy finds a dead buddy, or if you covertly snipe them from way afar. Either this was poor design, or a gimmick by UBI to force you into a shoot and move tactic. It's just not realistic that they can 100% pin-point your location by finding a dead comrade, or seeing a buddy hit the dirt by a single sniper bullet. Some uncertainty would be advised when UBI tunes their next title, as not even the best real world sniper will find his enemy from a single gun echo and bullet crack.
    * Horrid vehicle handling. Especially aircraft (planes and helicopters). Land vehicles were not great either. Rockstar and Bohemia have nailed vehicle driving. Why does UBI continue to fail when the have blueprints from the competition?
    * Cheap tricks employed to extend the game time. All the backtracking, the A+ search the level team used for placing items maximally away from you. Spawning zombies into the middle of your mission area (Unidad appearing out of nowhere when you're trying to infiltrate a Santa blanca stronghold, and calling in their infinite dead army, leading to you having to reload the game).
    * That the skill tree is gated by you having to do the most boring fetch quests (stop the same friggin convoy a billion times), where you need to increase a combination of 4 different counters. Each fetch quest gives you a small bump in one of those stats.

Final verdict from me is a solid 7.4 / 10
  66. Aug 26, 2017

The game overall plays out like this: 1. Enter a region. 2. Receive a radio communication from the task giver, where she tells you about the fief in the region, that she has no idea where that person is. However she knows about a couple of points of interests (typically 4-5) which are then marked in gold

The game overall plays out like this:
    1. Enter a region.
    2. Receive a radio communication from the task giver, where she tells you about the fief in the region, that she has no idea where that person is. However she knows about a couple of points of interests (typically 4-5) which are then marked in gold on the map.
    3. You travel to each POI and as you reach each of them, they transform into another POI on the map, some distance away.
    4. You travel to that new POI location.
    5. Once you've visited all of POIs in the region, a final POI is marked on the map.
    6. You travel to the final POI and is tasked with killing or kidnapping a person.
    7. You again travel a fair distance to some specific safehouse where you drop the kidnapped person off, and the story progresses a bit. You are told about the impact of the loss of this fief to the cartel organisation.
    8. Repeat 26 times from step 1.

This game is long. The main reason for that is cheap padding.
    1. A constant back and forth travelling (backtracking) where travelling between a single POI to another may take 3-4 minutes by helicopter or many times that with a land vehicle.
    2. In between each step above, you will face an infinite number of enemies, that respawn "as soon as you turn your back on them". Or more accuratly, as soon as you've moved a short distance away.
    3. In order to not be annihilated you need to upgrade your skill tree and that is accomplished by... you guessed it, boring fetch quests, travelling to yet other POIs on the map, where you have to kill hordes of respawning enemies.
    4. You can't just acquire new and improved weapons and addons for your weapons stash from killed enemies, no you need to travel far and wide to hundreds of additional POIs, where the same "Crate" will exist with a trophy in it.
    5. Each item you seek is typically placed as far away from you as possible, while still fitting in the overall story segment. For example, it's almost certain that if there's a village with an item in it, then the item will be located in the highest building, at the top floor, as far away from the stairs as possible. It seems UBI used an algorithm for travelling salesman problem where they inverted the heuristic to produce the location with the furthest travelling distance from any other point on the map.

Liked:
    Even though the game has all the problems mentioned in the separate review, the cheap tricks to pad its length, and the constant repetition, I still found it a blast to play, in small chunks.

* Performance, it ran beautifully at 60 FPS on my Intel Core i7 4770, with a Geforce GTX 1080 and 32 GB RAM at 1920x1200 resolution. No crashes.
    * Voices. Acting was rather good I found and added quite a bit to the immersion. Your team mates respond to surroundings. In the beginning I was impressed by the variety of comments by the AI mates, but found they ran out of ambient dialogue after about 10% into the game. A potential for improvement in UBIs future titles, but as a proof of concept, I think it turned out rather well and applaud the devs for the idea.
    * Graphics. The scenery is absolutely stunning. From snow covered mountains to dense jungles. Nothing beats flying a helicopter over cities, canyons, bridges, the jungle and the alps. It's something very relaxing about it. The character models also looked great. Attention to detail was overall very high imo.
    * Gunplay. Bullets have trajectories! Head shots are fatal! Unarmored enemies are not bullet sponges! Weapon handling feels a bit on the realistic side when compared to other titles, with weapon weight and stats playing into how the weapons behave. Overall I found gun fights highly enjoyable, which really is a saving grace as you wade through the hordes of zomb... I mean cartel and unidad soldiers.
    * Rebel assistance. This is a new thing I believe in UBI titles. Along with your skill tree, there is a separate branch which allows various forms of assistance from bolivian rebels. The types include sending grunts to help you in gun fights (can make a HUGE difference, especially for timed challenges), calling in mortar strikes (Awesome, especially for taking out pesky drone jammers), helping with recon etc. I found the former two great, while the rest I never saw a use for.
    * Your AI mates aren't completely useless! They're definitely not Rainbow six good, but they're much better than in your average FPS title.
    * The story was OK. It definitely wasn't CDPR good, but much better than other UBI titles. It also served a purpose, giving you enough of a justification for exploring areas. Judging this aspect entirely within the UBI bubble, I'd give it above average, akin to AC 1-3 where the story still had some value.

To be continued ...
    [ Due to 5000 chars max, I'll try posting my cons in a separate review. ]
  67. Aug 26, 2017
    GRW is supposed to be a blend of Ghost Recon's tactical squad-based combat with an open world. While the gameworld is immense and nice to look at, it is a chore to interact with. The gameplay is fun for the first few hours, but this is Ghost Recon in name only, as a lack of tactical options makes the gameplay repetitive.

Pros + Open world is immense and very pretty + Bullet physics

Pros
    + Open world is immense and very pretty
    + Bullet physics are excellent, with realistic velocity and no bullet sponge enemies
    + Three squadmates that you can Sync Shot with

Cons
    - Open world doesn't change with your actions other than more rebel patrols. Bases respawn with enemies and SAM sites respawn to screw with air travel that is not fun to begin with.
    - Both enemy factions, the Cartel and the Unidad military, shoot you on sight because disguises are apparently beyond the skill of your spec ops team.
    - Being engaged on sight is a problem because Unidad spawns UNLIMITED enemies GTA-style, which forces you to retreat. These f*ckers can cause mission failure as they randomly patrol mission areas.
    - Those extra rebel patrols? They are designed to "help" you by engaging the Cartel or Unidad when they're searching for you. They helpfully draw enemies into your area when you're trying to hide, and helpfully shoot those lieutenants you need to keep alive to interrogate.
    - Vehicles have wet noodle physics inspired by Police Quest in the 80's. Try landing a plane with no gauges on a landing strip shorter than your driveway.
    - Your squadmates cannot be ordered to give suppressing fire, or be positioned individually, or have their loadouts modified, or do anything other than Sync Shot
    - Higher level missions can instafail due to inexplicable time limits, or being spotted by an enemy, or other designs that are lazy rather than challenging

On the rare occasion GRW tries to be inventive, it ends up failing miserably. Example: you need to protect a target from the Cartel on his way to the airport. Said target drives away from you quickly, so if you stop to engage the Cartel the mission fails. Since you can't clear out the first Cartel cluster that shows up and ALL enemies of the same faction have the same status in the gameworld, you end up aggro'ing the whole city. As you drive through enemy fire, rebels helpfully stop in the middle of the road to slow you down. The first Unidad patrol that spots the action gets drawn in, which begins their unlimited spawning circus. Now that there are more enemies than bullets in your inventory, the guy you need to protect gets out of his damaged car to cower in a corner.

GRW was a solid 7 the first dozen or so hours. But the gameplay gets progressively worse due to repetition in tactics and mission design that is lazy at best, and piss poor at worst. As a sum of it's parts, I would score GRW firmly in the red.
  68. Aug 4, 2017
    All in all ... this is a good game! - it is fun - it offers tremendous freedom in a sunny, south american landscape - and there are plenty of "bad" guys to remorselessly kill.

Well - of course this game has quite some problems. But first of all - at least to me ... it felt like playing World in Flames 2 again. (or Far Cry 4 -t here are so many games that are very similar in that regard)

One major problem of the game is the AI - again - it just feels like games have made quantum leaps in visuals, audio - (and sometimes a leap backwards towards casual gameplay and complexity ) ... but what has not improved noticably is the AI.

Enemy bots are simply suicidal - they do not mind stepping into a pile of dozens of fallen comrades into a doorway ... where they just saw one after another of their own being shot. Because of that - the game is anything but challenging. I have not seen the AI take smart, alternative attack routes - use smarter weapons (lobbing a grenade, hide and lay low etc. ) .. in that regard - the AI is even more stupid than the AI in Far Cry 4 (which was pretty similar but had its moments in ... mostly highly scripted missions )

The game offers so many approaches - scout drones, distraction, remote explosions, mines and and and ... sooo much ... when all you need is a doorway and placing the crosshair head-high (cause all bad guys have the very same statue)

The game has a neat skill system that somehow feels like cheating. At first the game appears to be a more "realistic" version of world in flames or Far Cry 4 .. but after a short while it turns out to be just as much arcade as the others. It does look more realistic - but a short ride on a motocross bike downhill reveals that physics and bodily harm is on an arcade level.

Controls are very good - for all - vehicles, on foot and in the air. Especially vehicles feel well done. On foot animations are wonderful (i have never seen such complex animations in other games) and the game even allows (mostly) full character customization!

The visuals of this game are breathtakingly amazing on ultra settings - and pretty terrible on low settings. (kind of what its supposed to be i guess) - with the little problem that even on low settings - the game is quite demanding .. for how it looks. (textures and loading times do not seem optimized)

The missions are varied enough - and i have not encountered notable invisible walls on a map that can only be decribed as HUGE.

conclusion:

This is a great game to kill some time and mess around. At the same time - it offers quite some longer term motivation with regularly unlockable gadgets and stuff. The close quarter controls are not great in my opinion - and the forced 3rd person perspective can be problematic. The AI is terrible but cheats enough (constant stream of reinforcements...) to be a light challenge.

I can fully recommend this game - for a little bit 90s action movie nostalgia - and cheesy one liners.
  69. Aug 4, 2017
    Good concept with druglords.
    Big open world, but filled with repetitive tasks.
    For the deluxe errant boy feeling. Normal difficulty is too easy, one level higher is too much. You'll be stormed from all sides but you cannot find cover from all sides at the same time. the slightest thing triggers a reinforcement so doing a mission stealthy is just impossible. However, the most
    Good concept with druglords.
    Big open world, but filled with repetitive tasks.
    For the deluxe errant boy feeling.
    However, the most frustrating is when you interrogate a person you cannot move anymore. Quite often during this vulnerable period you get shot or ran over by a car. Bad checkpoints, or should I say, none at all. This means you have to redo the whole mission.
  70. Jul 29, 2017
    This game, especially from Ubisoft, surprises me how generic and bland it looks and plays. They must have put their D team on this. Game looks dated. Ugly characters. Stiff animations. Controls poorly. Has a boring story with long winded cut scenes. NPCs on your team are useless. Brings nothing new to the open world scene except that its more poorly executed than the rest. Gave up after anThis game, especially from Ubisoft, surprises me how generic and bland it looks and plays. They must have put their D team on this. Game looks dated. Ugly characters. Stiff animations. Controls poorly. Has a boring story with long winded cut scenes. NPCs on your team are useless. Brings nothing new to the open world scene except that its more poorly executed than the rest. Gave up after an hour of play. Just can't take it any more. Expand
  71. Jul 26, 2017
    I have put about 14 hours into this game and I just cannot continue. Horribly optimized for the PC. Repetitive game play and missions. The only good thing about this game is the graphics and the environment. This is just overly bland and I really wish I did not pay full price of this game. You got me this time Ubisoft....you got me this time. I usually like to go to a pretty descriptiveI have put about 14 hours into this game and I just cannot continue. Horribly optimized for the PC. Repetitive game play and missions. The only good thing about this game is the graphics and the environment. This is just overly bland and I really wish I did not pay full price of this game. You got me this time Ubisoft....you got me this time. I usually like to go to a pretty descriptive review of the why's the score I have given a game but this is not worth the effort. Maybe worth it if you can find it under 15 dollars. Expand
  72. May 29, 2017
    its a decent game, quite fun in short bursts. unfortunately its also very bland/vanilla with nothing special about it whatsoever. very ubisoft. on my ps4 pro it ran fine however i found the controls vastly inferior to pc. on pc though with a gtx 1070 i was struggling to hit 60fps
  73. May 19, 2017
    This game while far from being a military simulator like that of Arma 3, is still a lot of fun to play and is up there with my favorite releases for 2017. This is the first Ubisoft game I've ever purchased and was sure I had made a mistake doing so after (buyers regret). However, I was incredibly surprised and have come to greatly enjoy this game. I haven't played this in co-op, whichThis game while far from being a military simulator like that of Arma 3, is still a lot of fun to play and is up there with my favorite releases for 2017. This is the first Ubisoft game I've ever purchased and was sure I had made a mistake doing so after (buyers regret). However, I was incredibly surprised and have come to greatly enjoy this game. I haven't played this in co-op, which seems to be the positive of this game from some, yet I am having a lot of fun in solo. Once I beat the game solo I will start rocking co-op with my buddies, but wanted to air it out that its not a "must" to enjoy WildLands, which was the impression I had going in. The story is lackluster and can easily be ignored. The graphics are a solid 8.5/10 and PC optimization is a 9/10 having surprisingly stable fps and no stuttering even during autosaves. (I own a 1080 FTW 2, Intel 6-6000K, 32gb Ram, ect). I'd also like to note I have yet to encounter any bugs so far (60 hours). The civilian AI is programmed poorly, at times being annoying, where as the cartel AI is well done, which is good since theyre the ones you that shoot at you haha. There are lots of options for customizing your game experience from difficulty modes, hud options and the like to tailor to your liking. The game itself is huge and offers many tactical options to employ at your own discretion for quest you take. There are lots of weapons to obtain, side quest to complex and in-game lore to find. Last GTA game I played was GTA 4 and will say the vehicles for WildLands remind me of a GTA game, very arcadey, simple controls and just awful physics. If your buying this game expecting a military sim or any sort of realistic gameplay, you'll be disappointed. If your going into it like I did, expecting a casual, open world, military themed shooter, you'll be blown away and have lots of fun. Overall this game is an easy 9/10 for me. Expand
  74. May 9, 2017
    This is as generic as generic gets. A massive and undeniably beautiful open world with only a handful of things to do over and over.

First and foremost, let me just say that this should NOT be played singleplayer. The characters and dialog are so unbelievably one dimensional that you will find yourself groaning as every single attempt at humour falls flat. Throw between one and three friends into the mix and there it is possible to glean some entertainment out of this.

Taking on a fortified base in complete silence, synchronising shots with your sniper buddy while your two man ground team move in the shadows. There is no denying how much of a badass you will feel when you nail that headshot or wipe out an entire squad of enemies in a single flurry of sniper fire. Even when things don't go to plan, the subsequent firefights are hectic and sometimes hilarious.

Unfortunately, you will find yourself doing the same thing every half hour. There are side missions you can tackle, but the variety is extremely lackluster. Trigger a radio antenna then race to another, defend a radio when it broadcasts rebel propaganda, steal a guarded chopper/plane or stop and tag a supply convoy. That's basically it. There are so many tactics that can be applied to complete these objectives, but you will quickly find the best method and this suddenly becomes routine and dull.

There is a nice level of customisation with your character's gear and weapons, allowing you to spend literally hours tweaking your setup and making yourself look as professional or as goofy as possible. Sadly, the game is lacking in the "goofy" aspect, instead trying for force the serious tone of the game. There are weapon paints available such as bright red or pink, but surprise surprise, you have to pay extra for them.

In my personal opinion, you can get ten times the enjoyment out of GTA:Online, which doesn't limit you to four players, has PVP if that's your bag, and is constantly being updated for free.
  75. Apr 25, 2017
    Es como una mezcla de farcray en 3° persona y gta es un juego de 10 y eso que no es mi genero preferido,divertido,buenos graficos,totalmente personalizable,el mapa increiblemente grande,muchas misiones y para nada repetitivas de 10,accion,explosiones esta servido no me esperaba un juego asi de Bugisof aun que la optimizacion es marca de la casa jajaja no va lo bien que deberia de ir esperoEs como una mezcla de farcray en 3° persona y gta es un juego de 10 y eso que no es mi genero preferido,divertido,buenos graficos,totalmente personalizable,el mapa increiblemente grande,muchas misiones y para nada repetitivas de 10,accion,explosiones esta servido no me esperaba un juego asi de Bugisof aun que la optimizacion es marca de la casa jajaja no va lo bien que deberia de ir espero lo arreglen con actualizaciones y se consiga un buen rendimiento.
    No entiendo la nota aqui ni comentarios de gente que yo creo que ni lo jugo ya sabemos todo como marcha aqui la gente toxica
  76. Apr 17, 2017
    I can't say much for or against Wildlands. It's another generic military cover shooter with shiny graphics and boring characters. It has some nice customization of your appearance and weapons, and in particular a lot of gun camos. I hear a lot about performance problems, though I haven't encountered such, it DID crash on exit, for what thats worth. I also hear alot about ♥♥♥♥♥♥ drivingI can't say much for or against Wildlands. It's another generic military cover shooter with shiny graphics and boring characters. It has some nice customization of your appearance and weapons, and in particular a lot of gun camos. I hear a lot about performance problems, though I haven't encountered such, it DID crash on exit, for what thats worth. I also hear alot about ♥♥♥♥♥♥ driving controls and I will say the ground vehicles were a bit squirrley, and It seemed like I couldn't fly a helicopter up and forward at the same time- but at least they don't want to fall out of the sky like Battlefield choppers. The spy drone mechanic was nice, but im wondering why the "sync shot" ability only works on one guy. You have a team of up to three AI guys backing you up, can't they shoot three enemies? There might be a way of doing this though, I didn't read up on the upgrade trees.

It seems like the kind of game you could have left as a 6-10 hour pipe shooter without adding the illusion of additional game time via a freeroam mode. Based on what I've seen so far, it's at least passably playable, but I've played many other games that do what it does better. It's at least co-op focused, which already puts it a step above Rainbow Six: Siege.
  77. Apr 9, 2017
    Amazing game ! For Open World lovers you will explore Bolivia and its cities with tactical and co-op missions, this game is really cool ! And you must be expert to drive the chopper :D

Four thumbs for Ubisoft!
  78. Apr 8, 2017
    I've played unpatched early access games that don't crash this often. None of the CTDs are consistent. Sometimes its during an explosion, other times I'm just lying in the grass doing nothing. Other times I'm 25 minutes in to stealthily dispatching an entire base just to lose it all to Ubisofts inability to roll out a working game despite having a full AAA studio's budget and resources.I've played unpatched early access games that don't crash this often. None of the CTDs are consistent. Sometimes its during an explosion, other times I'm just lying in the grass doing nothing. Other times I'm 25 minutes in to stealthily dispatching an entire base just to lose it all to Ubisofts inability to roll out a working game despite having a full AAA studio's budget and resources. With a 5820k @ 4.5GHz and 1080ti I still get stuttering and FPS dips down to the low 30s. I got this game for free through a promotional deal and I still don't feel like I got my money's worth. Expand
  79. Apr 8, 2017
    it's an unbelievably fun game with a colossal open world and fantastic Co-op. This is a game that appeals to the large audience but may disappoint some fans of the ghost recon franchise who prefer a more tactical game. There is fun to be had here for over 100 hours.
  80. Apr 6, 2017
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands is an open world sandbox with beautiful environments. It offers a tactical experience to play solo or in a 2-4 players Co-op mode.
    If you play this game in the single player mode, the rest of your team will be AI controlled, but I have to say that it’s not as good, or as fun as playing it online with friends. And I have to say that this game is amazing to play with friends (or with random players via matchmaking in a borderlands style system, so you can play with friends or with other players even if you are at different points in the story and the game will still grant you some Xp for helping them with missions you already completed.) You can switch from Sp to Co-op on the fly at any time.
    Character creation and customization is really good, I loved it and without being as deep as it would be in an MMO it’s still amazing for a game like this.
    Stealth is your best ally but you can also launch frontal assaults, or something in the middle, it’s totally up to you. You will find out that you can complete your missions in different ways. To achieve that, you have several weapons at your disposal and accessories to choose from.
    Gameplay wise, it feels like a mix of other games like Far Cry 4, GTA, the division, etc. but that’s not bad if you enjoy that kind of games.
    I am having a lot of fun with my friends playing, I like the freedom I get to do the missions in different styles, although they can get repetitive, which has been highly criticized and I agree, secondary missions are repetitive. I supposed they made it that way so the game can artificially feel longer (this is a common issue with open world games in general), but at least you can be creative so playing them after several times can still be fun.
    The enemies can be though and they can be a real challenge at some points, where the best thing to do is just run instead of face them, a quiet outpost can quickly become a war zone. Enemies will hunt you down and it will get nasty, so team work is very important. Be prepared to die a lot here. I like a good Co-op challenge and GRWL has it.
    There are a lot of Vehicles to choose from and Imo they are not as bad as people say, choppers and airplanes are actually fun after some practice and jumping from them with a parachute is amazing. Ground vehicles are a bit clunky but decent, same with boats.
    There is a skill point advancement system that will make you and your team become even more efficient.
    The game needs more polish and It has bugs, but they are not game breaking and they can be fixed with patches.
    Bolivia looks stunning, I enjoy the huge and open landscapes the game has, it’s really impressive with so many zones and biomes, a night and day cycle and dynamic weather, a beautiful eye candy.
    The story is ok, a bit generic at some points, but it didn’t get boring and the bosses have a lot of personality and a lot of background, if you like to follow the always optional files and leads you will enjoy this part too.
    To sum up: GRWL is fun if you play with friends, it offers a lot of freedom and possibilities, its huge. On the negative side, it can get repetitive, but if you love co-op you should really give it a chance.
    I love Ghost Recon Wildlands, I really do.
  81. Apr 6, 2017
    Very different from the beta. In the retail game you get our famous Master Race advantage, on ULTRA settings, the game looks gorgeous, like, really gorgeous, and of course, the game was intended to be played on COOP, so, if you have a good PC rig, and 3 more friends, you can rest assured that you're gonna have one hell of a ride, it's a very very fun game. 120+ hours and we still getVery different from the beta. In the retail game you get our famous Master Race advantage, on ULTRA settings, the game looks gorgeous, like, really gorgeous, and of course, the game was intended to be played on COOP, so, if you have a good PC rig, and 3 more friends, you can rest assured that you're gonna have one hell of a ride, it's a very very fun game. 120+ hours and we still get online to get some more.... i would dare to say, i'll just say it.... Its like MGSV, but on 4 player coop. THere, it's been said. Expand
  82. Apr 3, 2017
    Ok, so here we go:
    I usually not so "good hearted" with nowadays shooters, because of reasons... and this game does not make an exception from that list!
    Ok, so here we go:
    This game is a good idea, and mainly a "'meh good" game. The 6/10 point perfectly suits the game in it's all round up critic/review. Be warned! Some players find this review too "hard" and rude, but hey: It's a AAA game for 60 eur, so... let's look at the game in a bird perspective: This game has many good things/solutions/features in it, but unfortunately it has exactly the same amount of bad.
    In details:
    - Good weapon customization/Really bad controls for heli's
    - Good graphics/Bad AI
    - Very good story concept ("maffia tree")/Repetitive and nonsense missions
    - Good game mechanics, playing style options (drones, sync shot feature, command rose, etc.,)/Sometimes unnecessary and annoying TPS view (in CQ firefights for ex. imho!)

I'm sure i'm missing a lot from this list, but these are just the things i remembered. The main things that are drive me crazy in this game are: heli controls, AI, and ballistics... The helicopter controls are a joke... really. You played any game where you controlled a helicopter? Forget it! This is the worst and hardest way to do it! My heli control (mouse) sensitivity is at 15%, and sometimes the little pushes on the mouse, makes the heli spin like a modernfokker! Sometimes, doesn't even response to the pushes... seriously... makes me crazy sometimes. And you have to do missions with it... no jokes! AI is bad too. But you probably heard that from the everywhere :) It's a known fact now :) Your team mates just walk past you, even if you give them "fall in" command. Sometimes walk to a enemy, and sits next to him. Enemy does not give a **** And suddenly the enemy (after 3-5 sec.) beginning to realise the presence of your buddy, and you only see the attack begins on your whole squad because that idiot team mate sat next to an enemy... Joke really. And the AI's strange list is far from over! The ballistics in this game is (IMHO!) very bad too. The bullet from a assault rifle, beginning to drop at 50m(around 170 ft). That is a joke. If you look at videos, you can see for yourself this "anomaly". I don't know the game dev's why find this "feature" so awesome nowadays... That is why i don't play BF1 too. The devs of DICE began to use this in BF3, but in BF3 there was exactly the same as in real life. Only the sniper rifles used tracer bullets to see the bullet drop. In BF4 they tinkered it up (bullet drop) imho, because the maps doesn't have that much space to really mess with the zeroing. This game... New era! Bullet drop the fokk out of all the guns! Even pistols... The M40A5 rifle dropped 10-20cm's in just 50-70m's for me!!! It's a joke really :D IRL: MV:777m/s so yea... it makes roughly 350m's in just half of a second...
    All the boys and girls out there: If you want to play this in solo mode: Don't buy it!!! I bought it because of some undemandig guy's told me: "It's good in single player too!" No, it isn't. Really. In the beginning it is a refreshing and cool looking game, yes. But if you play it enough time, you will see that this game is made to be played in co-op with at least 1 or 2 friends. In every aspect for real. There are missions that you can't even make without real people in you team. (deactivate towers for ex. where you have to disable comm towers one after another, but if you disable the first one, the game tells you: "Rush for the second tower!" You got 45 seconds... impossible even with a heli, believe me)
    All i can say: This game is a good idea, and a good game! But if you want to play solo and somewhat real gunplay/shooter: miss out on this one, or wait for it when it gets AT LEAST 20-30% discount!
    I'm sure i'm missing a lot of good and bad things. But the majority of people can already make a decision from this review.
    So a maximum of 6 outa 10!
    Over and out.
  83. Mar 30, 2017
    If only UBISOFT would have decided to give us :
    - Better driving experience
    - Better voice acting

That game would actually be a success !
    Why Ubisoft ? Why ?
  84. Mar 30, 2017
    This game is very good game. One of the best games from Ubisoft and one of the best games of 2017. Graphics is on high level, normal optimization, good storyline, interesting main characters with Stalker mask and three companions for main characters, amazing gameplay, awesome firefight. This game deserve 9/10, this is best Ghost Recon game. Very good, even better than For Honor.
  85. Mar 28, 2017
    Nice game, beautiful enviroment, but it lacks on music, and secondary quests are so repetitive. I love the options on doing the quests, so you can infiltrate and such things that other games marked as "stealth" lack of, but obviously, the AI of the teammates is messy, so if you want a fully infiltration without being discovered, you better leave your team behind and use them just for theNice game, beautiful enviroment, but it lacks on music, and secondary quests are so repetitive. I love the options on doing the quests, so you can infiltrate and such things that other games marked as "stealth" lack of, but obviously, the AI of the teammates is messy, so if you want a fully infiltration without being discovered, you better leave your team behind and use them just for the sincro shoot. So: good enviroment, good on alternatives, good on customization, but it lacks on music and AI. Expand
  86. Mar 28, 2017
    A good game, with some issues, very good and fluid graphics. In my opinion a very cool coop sandbox game with little bit story many guns and a lot of action.
  87. Mar 28, 2017
    very thoroughly thought of and visually exciting game, great shooting physics. It's basically a Far Cry with co-op mode. Unfortunately that implies a loss in the plot consistency - there's no way around that.
  88. Mar 27, 2017
    I'm giving this a 9/10 because the game really is what you make of it. I've played this entire game CO-OP with my friend and taken the most realistic approach to every scenario in the game, I've got 68 hours played and I've enjoyed every moment of it. I've seen a lot of people complaining about texture issues and bugs, but I haven't experienced any of them yet so I can't put that into myI'm giving this a 9/10 because the game really is what you make of it. I've played this entire game CO-OP with my friend and taken the most realistic approach to every scenario in the game, I've got 68 hours played and I've enjoyed every moment of it. I've seen a lot of people complaining about texture issues and bugs, but I haven't experienced any of them yet so I can't put that into my review.
    The map is quite beautiful and so far I've enjoyed every single zone, the weather has felt dynamic and realistic. That's a very nice detail! I can't say how much I enjoy the sound of the doors opening and closing on cars and the sound of the rain hitting things. It's a very nice detail.
    I've got some issues with how some of the vehicles feel weightless and the helicopter controls are a bit wonky but if you just figure out how they work, they're not a big problem. I can't say that any of the physics have really made me enjoy the game less. I've seen a lot of people complaining about missions failing when you get detected, and I can't agree fully with them that it's a bad thing. If you take a nice slow approach to most missions, you'll get in and out fine without any hassle. Just plan it out, recon the area a bit and just be silent. I felt like I was really working towards taking El Sueño down bit by bit by bit. I didn't go to complete each of the four pillars one at a time, but I spread out. First I took down a buchon here, then another one here, just because I wanted it to feel more authentic. And it did. Like I said earlier, the game is really what you make it, like most open world games are.
    Those are my two cents and I'd recommend this game to anyone who's like me, really.

By the way, to everyone who says this is the most pathetic excuse of a tripple-A title, did you even see Mass Effect Andromeda? Jesus Christ.
  89. Mar 26, 2017
    You need a High end PC to run it, but i like it a lot. Imagine the best part of GTA V online with the heist missions, but in a complete open world, no limits, no loading screens. It's pretty fantastic. A living playground. If you play metal gear, playing alone in Wildlands it's gonna be EASY but thats not the point of the game; The point is to EXPLORE the world, find the weapons you love,You need a High end PC to run it, but i like it a lot. Imagine the best part of GTA V online with the heist missions, but in a complete open world, no limits, no loading screens. It's pretty fantastic. A living playground. If you play metal gear, playing alone in Wildlands it's gonna be EASY but thats not the point of the game; The point is to EXPLORE the world, find the weapons you love, upgrate them, do missions that are interesting and join online, make friends, it gets FUN, really fun. The thing i love the must is to kill npc with 1 single shoot, this is not like the division with sponge bullet npc, you can kill people in one shoot and you can also die if you get close to a guy with a shotgun, it's pretty epic. Expand
  90. DJE
    Mar 25, 2017
    Woeful shooting mechanics, horrible and immature dialogue and bland gameplay. The only positive I can say is the impressive sandbox that capture the Bolivian vistas. Why couldn't it be Rainbow 6 Siege mechanics in an open world like this?
  91. Mar 24, 2017
    This is basicly the divison but it's a reskin with **** AI partners that are nonexsistent to anyone else beside of you,i actually had the feeling that your "partners" were just an illusion as they were WAY to OP killing/shooting people but way to **** retarded to follow you properly without running into 50 enemies
  92. Mar 23, 2017
    On first launch, the game openned in Windowed Mode at 1080p resolution, which is very strange as no other game has exhibited this behaviour. The introductory video was periodically freezing, every about 15 seconds, while the music kept playing. In the main menu, I went into the options to set it up at full screen. It kept periodically freezing. I decided to exit, back to Windows, andOn first launch, the game openned in Windowed Mode at 1080p resolution, which is very strange as no other game has exhibited this behaviour. The introductory video was periodically freezing, every about 15 seconds, while the music kept playing. In the main menu, I went into the options to set it up at full screen. It kept periodically freezing. I decided to exit, back to Windows, and re-run. Same issue.

I know this is not a proper review of a game but I thought this would still be useful, as more people may purchase the game and find out that they can't play it.

I will update this review when the developers fix the game and allow me to give it a try.
  93. Mar 23, 2017
    This game is only good with friends. If you set out on your own you will be disappointed by the bland missions and the repetitive game play. The ridiculous moments of a stealth mission going to crap with a group is where the game shines. I keep playing, but the game just makes me wish Just Cause 3 was a Co-Op game. If you like collecting things you will never use - 10/10.
  94. Mar 22, 2017
    -Bigger open world but nothing to do with that except killing npc enemies.
    -Bland and real shallow of the storylines.
    -Plot is non existent.
    -Boring and repetitive gameplay.
    -Bad voice acting, Bad game sound overall.
    -Horrible driving vehicle mechanism.
    -Stupid and aimbot AI enemies and teammates.

Thanks to Ubisoft for releasing Bad products again and AGAIN.
  95. Mar 22, 2017
    Really strong open world game, best 3rd person shooter since The Division, best coop game since...I dunno. It's got a great story and characters are memorable. Would highly recommend!
  96. Mar 20, 2017
    It could of been a great installment, but it's completely hindered by awful team AI. While you try to protect the objective, your three teammates are completely useless while you get swarmed.
  97. Mar 19, 2017
    ARMA for babies, but that's okay in my book.

ARMA for babies, but that's okay in my book.

For a game that seemingly everyone hates, everyone I know or talked to that has it is having a blast. Is it buggy? Of course, it's Ubisoft. Is it repetitive? At this point, what game isn't? Is the story lame? Probably, I'm having too much fun driving around and giving SB some 9mm sized love to notice the story. It's beautiful, the cooperative is fantastic, the strategy to plan out each base is there (unless you have a loud teammate, God damn it Austin). At the end of the day I'm being entertained, if I wanted a story wouldn't be playing an Ubisoft game (except you Splinter Cell, please come back to us)
  98. Mar 19, 2017
    To review this game I have to compare it to other open world games.

To review this game I have to compare it to other open world games.

To start off, this game is EXTREMELY repetitive. Compare this game to Horizon Zero Dawn for example. It has a good story, cut-scenes, the world is smaller but more dense. There are only 5 Cauldrons, 6 Bandit Camps, limitied number of side quests etc. meaning the different mechanics isn't being milked/overused like they are in all Ubisoft games.

Wildlands has essentially no story worth speaking of other than the backstory of all the cartel members. All quests, no matter the goal (destroy something, interrogate someone, defend a place, gather intel), simply consists of infiltrating a base either by stealth or frontal assault. No matter the quest, this is all you do. The weapon chests, intel locations, side activites litter the entire map so after doing 20 of each you're so fed up with it that you'd rather kill yourself than doing it again.

In the end it boils down to how well the developers manages to hide the repetitiveness of the game. And Ubisoft does a very poor job with this, just like they do with all their open world games. They simply lack a soul. In GTA 5 the missions are so well designed (riding a motorbike on top of a train, climbing the ouside of a scyscraper, doing bank heists, driving a submarine etc) that it doesn't feel repetitive. Compared to Horizon, GTA 5 and Witcher 3 for example, this game feels extremely bland, repetitive and soulless.
  99. Mar 18, 2017
    It's unfortunately Ubisoft has turned the Ghost Recon franchise, and the Tom Clancy brand into such a casual, unrealistic, and inaccurate (in terms of military matters and firearms) game platform. Furthermore, the writing is incredibly trite and downright boring. Everything is just a flimsy excuse to travel to various parts of a gigantic map to kill and collect things... rinse and repeat.It's unfortunately Ubisoft has turned the Ghost Recon franchise, and the Tom Clancy brand into such a casual, unrealistic, and inaccurate (in terms of military matters and firearms) game platform. Furthermore, the writing is incredibly trite and downright boring. Everything is just a flimsy excuse to travel to various parts of a gigantic map to kill and collect things... rinse and repeat. Ubisoft games have the breadth of an ocean, and shallowness of a puddle. Expand
  100. Mar 18, 2017
    Time Played (In-Game Time): 1d 18h 36m 02s

Time Played (In-Game Time): 1d 18h 36m 02s

First of all, let us get right to the good parts. The world is awesome, the charactersmith (while lackluster in the long run) is awesome and so is the Gunsmith. I would also like to cite down many of the characters in the game being awesome. I took a real liking to Bowman and many of the minor bosses who all had distinct personalities - with some you actually feel quite a bit of sympathy for.

The problem is how this interlocks with the story. The story is average; mostly because the overall objective itself is not the story; the smaller battles waged against the local boss are. While the self-contained areas are nice, it feels crappy that they are not affecting the larger story or the world in general. Plot advances should have affected the world. As for the ending(s), I have only this to say. I confronted El Sueno with 100% Cartel Destabilisation and now I have to do it all over again just to see a different ending? **** that, the ending I got was satisfying enough and I do not see why it is called the "Bad" ending. Speaking of that, since I already had 100% destabilisation, I really ought to get the other ending at once.

Gameplay wise, the game is lauded as the best of Ubisofts Open World Formula. I do not agree, because such a system would obviously have the outpost system from Far Cry or something very similar to it. There is no way to secure more ground save for the unlocked safe houses and no way to actually see the rebels advance.

As for Vehicles, they are still a mess. Driving is far more complicated than it has to be, Armed Helicopters have no way of aiming your weapons making any sort of air support or air assaults futile.

Having completed the game solo, all I can express is disappointment over the AI Companions who are dumb as bricks and can do exactly three things well. Running alongside you and just shooting is not one of them.

I have also played a lot of Co-Op. This is a lot more fun but here there are issues here too. While flying, there are A LOT of freezes and that is just infuriating. The fact that squad banter is bugged here too since "everyone" is Nomad is just silly.

The integration with NVIDIA Ansel is a great idea but poorly executed. The latests patch that was supposed to fix many of the bugs simply added new ones.

Before the game was released, I made a point that some of the things brought up in the Beta would not affect my decision to purchase the game. They do however affect the total score and I will hold off with the season pass until I notice some real improvement.

The lack of AI Customization, the rather stupid behaviour of the AI Ghosts, the somewhat disjointed story that do not affect the game world all drags what is otherwise a pretty awesome game.

Total Score: 75 out of 100.
    Holt out.
  101. Mar 7, 2017
    There’s so much fun to be had here, and the co-op is probably the best I’ve seen in a long time. The country of Bolivia is massive and fun to explore, with plenty to do and visuals that never fail to impress.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 31 Critic Reviews

1. May 11, 2017
    Utilises the amazing PC technology of today to be, eh, okay. [Issue#261, p.68]
  2. CD-Action
    Apr 26, 2017
    Great visuals and a huge map are perfect foundations for a good open world game, but Wildlands falls short of expectations (because of unpleasant driving and flight models among other things) and it’s up to Ubisoft to remedy that. [05/2017, p.46]
  3. Apr 26, 2017
    Fun shooting and open world are great, but there aren’t many Ghost Recon elements and game simply feels dull at times.