3.7

1. Dec 1, 2011
    More polished graphics and a story plot extended to other nations and the terrain is also detailed and based off real world locations. But, the good really ends here. This is a obvious console port. This game unlike the original HAWX has bugs that need to me worked out, and the added game launcher just adds additional issues. The sounds and music have not changed which is sad since theMore polished graphics and a story plot extended to other nations and the terrain is also detailed and based off real world locations. But, the good really ends here. This is a obvious console port. This game unlike the original HAWX has bugs that need to me worked out, and the added game launcher just adds additional issues. The sounds and music have not changed which is sad since the original HAWX still had poor quality music and sound effects. The overall game play mechanics have not been improved. The HUD is also overly done which can be visually obstructing. Plus the unrealistic flight characteristics of the enemy including large bomber pulling off fighter plane maneuvers will leave you asking... what? But, it is still fun to play if you love to fly and dogfight, just dont expect a real life experience. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2014
    Okay... Hawx 2... i remenber i was thinking of buying this game since i got my eyes on it,because it looked similiar to Ace combat,and at the Time it was the only game that followed that on this aspect,and as i had already Hawx1 that was an Good game for me,i was willing to give it a shot.

So,is this a good game or not?! ern... yeah... in some aspects. First let's focus on the

So,is this a good game or not?! ern... yeah... in some aspects.

First let's focus on the History:

Blah Blah Blah of every single war game... Russians getting betrayed and a coup d'etat happens... with a bit of Middle eastern terrorists in between... so NO, The History is definitively a Con to this game. The creators could do Much... Much... MUCH MORE with the history. i'm tired of seeing Russia as only the Bad Guy in every single game... and i think you all know that i LOVE the Sukhoi jets... so,kill them makes me Very,very,very sad. it is a Step Backwards in my opnion,because i liked the history of HAWX 1, the Antares Plot and Everything... it made me feel that taste of Corporate wars i didn't in quite some time(ACE 3 JP)... but then,UBISOFT and Tom Clancy Slap this Generic History in my face,that i've seen a million times... for me, a good Arcade Flight simulator has to have an original history. and this Fails in every level. the only good thing is that i got to fly with the Russian Pilot... for a total of 3 Missions... and only in one i could use a SU-27... Shame on you Ubisoft.

Okay... i ranted too much... History... History... but what about the Gameplay?! is it as good as Hawx 1 or the Ace series?!
    On this aspect i'm glad to say that YES. in every aspect the Gameplay has evolved. I can now actually control my plane the way i always wanted... even stalling strategically without the need of that annoying OFF System,and even trough it exists, it is now Completelly Optional. i Finished the game without using it,and this control beign optional is Better for it. you can now land and take off on a dime,what i thought should be a default since Hawx 1,but it is a Nice Addition,and it made the game for the best. The Weapons have more realistic Loadsets,so you might want to make sure that every shot counts,or you will see yourself without missiles and relying on the Machine-gun to take that fast enemies... not a pretty sight i must say... but you can land strategically to rearm and repair your plane,what is a good add (it even made me remind of Ace 4 and Assault horizon as i land in the middle of the battle) but this landing system needs polish... because some times i'm sure i fully stoped my plane,but the Idiots on the Ground Crew don't come to rearm and Refuel me,while i'm being Murdered from above. so Ubisoft might still need to pack this up. but i got to mention as a F*ck up at release.

Okay... Music?! Generic Battle themes repeated over...and over... and over... and over again... so don't expect project aces sond quality... you'll not find any memorable music... hell... sometimes i've put my own tracks on the game.

and of course the AC130 and Drone/Glide Missions... meh... But it's there,and adds to the game.

My final Veredict: 7.5/10
    if you looking for a game that looks like Ace combat,Give it a try... but be warned of what i've said to you.
  3. May 20, 2017
    Sadly, a slip in quality from its predecessor (itself a mediocre yet crazy-fun action game). The designers hedged their bets with some flight-sim-ish features to the game like take off and landing, which ultimately detracted from mindless-action it should be good for.

1. PC Format
    Mar 18, 2011
    Some fun to be had in amongst the tedium. [Apr 2011, p.102]
    So even though HAWX 2 is a step forward when compared to its predecessor, it's brought down by an almost empty multiplayer, despite the numerous options, a boring single-player and a pretty "dense" AI when it comes to allies, while the enemies do their job very well, ironically. So well, in fact, that you'll be tempted to stick a fork in it and finish the story in co-op, which ultimately is a good thing. Too bad this decision is encouraged in such a brutal manner.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Feb 11, 2011
    Fun without the fundamentals, a simpering sim with irritating copy protection. [Feb 2011, p.58]