6.2

1. Minty
    Mar 12, 2006
    I've been playing R6 since the original and Lockdown is an insult to the R6 name. Starting with the positive: it has good graphics, sound, and each gun feels/shoots different and is fun to use. Too bad they didnt program any AI because that is what totally ruined the game for me. Completely untactical, it feels more like Serious Sam arcade shooting range. Your teammates that are I've been playing R6 since the original and Lockdown is an insult to the R6 name. Starting with the positive: it has good graphics, sound, and each gun feels/shoots different and is fun to use. Too bad they didnt program any AI because that is what totally ruined the game for me. Completely untactical, it feels more like Serious Sam arcade shooting range. Your teammates that are selected for you have less than 50% chance of killing an enemy when you send them in a room and usually run past the enemy (who had his back towards the door) and into some preset location in the corner of the room and getting shot. So you pretty much solo the whole game but its not hard since the enemies arent facing your direction when you enter or stare at you while you put bullets in their face. Every level is nothing but a long series of rooms or corridors and the 100+ enemies per level stand around waiting to get shot. Oh and the physics on the enemies are alot worse then Raven Shield. Expand
  2. SlipW.
    Apr 7, 2006
    Ok your going to ask. Why the hell did you give it a Zero. Heres why ok. I was the number 1 Rainbow Six (the original game) online ok (not to brag just keep reading). And the multiplayer has always been about out thinking your opponent and teamwork. Where is it in here? I dont see it this is should be called Rainbow Six: HALO Edition. There is no realism and wtf is up with the guns? there Ok your going to ask. Why the hell did you give it a Zero. Heres why ok. I was the number 1 Rainbow Six (the original game) online ok (not to brag just keep reading). And the multiplayer has always been about out thinking your opponent and teamwork. Where is it in here? I dont see it this is should be called Rainbow Six: HALO Edition. There is no realism and wtf is up with the guns? there not realistic (excludng a few) Half of them are fake. Im just 110% shocked that Ubisoft screwed up the Rainbow Six name. UBIsoft needs to crawl into a hole and shoot its self in the head for what they have done to this franchise. GJ on Raven Shield and putting a new R6 in devlopment but heres the funny part, its XBOX only lmao funny huh? UBIsoft should just go into Microsoft studios. To stay on topic and not stray off into the vast wilds of an over populated Used games rack filled with Splinter Cell games. The single was like playing a game of chess... remember those days fellas and ladies? Well now there is 10x more enemies to kill and they arent just any ol' enemy they run AT YOU. So all you have to do is shoo the randomly placed barrel next to the group and thats it. as I said Earlier GFJ UBI now kill yourself Expand
  3. Jul 6, 2013
    SlipW That was just brilliant! :D

But really! this game is really an insult/disgrace to R6 name...

Why I won't give it 0 is because I remember my friend and I got some FEW hours of playing together...
  4. DevinK.
    Mar 30, 2006
    I just finished this game. And I want that time of my life back. Not only is this game a disgrace to the Rainbow Six franchise, it is a disgrace to modern First person shooters. Take a look at Half-life 2 and Far Cry and you'll understand what AI is SUPPOSED to be doing. Take a look at Ravenshield, Athena Sword or Swat 4, and you see what a squad based shooter is SUPPOSED to be like. I just finished this game. And I want that time of my life back. Not only is this game a disgrace to the Rainbow Six franchise, it is a disgrace to modern First person shooters. Take a look at Half-life 2 and Far Cry and you'll understand what AI is SUPPOSED to be doing. Take a look at Ravenshield, Athena Sword or Swat 4, and you see what a squad based shooter is SUPPOSED to be like. Sure the game is pretty. The sound is aweful. There should NEVER be a time when I have to edit a file to make my sound work properly. Thats just bad QA. The only reason I didn't give Lockdown a 1 is because I remotely enjoyed the multiplayer. That is when I could actually connect to a game. Expand
  5. Mick
    Mar 5, 2006
    Yet another sterling example of style over any sort of substance. No wonder the slack jawed mouth breathers are giving it such high numbers. No mission planning, completely linear levels and apparently programmed without any AI at all. What a pathetic joke this game is.
  6. JamesT.
    Mar 9, 2006
    Simply the worst game I have played in a LONG TIME. Just not up to the standards of the brand.
  7. s10wabs10wab
    Apr 8, 2006
    A game that may have been quite acceptable 5 years ago - today this is a disgrace - a blatent misuse of what was a good franchise. In no way should anybody waist good money on this game. Buy SWAT 4 or just replay your old classics just not this game.
  8. MattN.
    Jun 7, 2006
    Well first I gotta say I didn't finish this game, I played through a few levels then uninstalled it and put SWAT 4 back on. Now I knew this game wasn't gonna be better than SWAT going in and I have enjoyed a couple of the previous versions of R6 but this one really sucked balls. They have completely changed the character/nature of the game. The graphics are good but certainly Well first I gotta say I didn't finish this game, I played through a few levels then uninstalled it and put SWAT 4 back on. Now I knew this game wasn't gonna be better than SWAT going in and I have enjoyed a couple of the previous versions of R6 but this one really sucked balls. They have completely changed the character/nature of the game. The graphics are good but certainly not amazing enough to make you willing to overlook any of the gameplays short comings (all of which have been covered in previous reviews). It's was so not what I was expecting it's unbelievable, I just finished playing Hitman 3 and I think that was far more realistic. I'm gonna have to be really desperate before I reload and finish this. Overall very poor effort, I really wish I hadn't bought it. Expand
  9. PaulB.
    Feb 16, 2006
    This game is a total Joke. The A.I is no where near as good as any of the old games.
  10. ThomasF.
    Feb 19, 2006
    Single player and co-op modes are the best aspect of this game but compared to past r6 games, even they are mediocre. Adversarial multiplayer is a joke. Terrible game.
  11. JerryO.
    Feb 19, 2006
    I give this game a 1, only because there are worse games out there, on the market. The sad fact is that this game does not deserve the Rainbow 6 branding, It may have been an alright game for a new series, but it does not belong in the R6 family. I expect the sales of R6 3:Raven Shield to steadily grow again, as that game is far better than LD could ever hope to be.
  12. RonJ.
    Feb 24, 2006
    No true rainbow six fans would like this game. Console port, buggy and poorly designed.
  13. ErikE.
    Jan 21, 2006
    While not a total disaster, Lockdown feels too mechanical, exhibits too many ugly textures and doesn't use the Source Engine's features enough to warrant much interest.
  14. JustinJ.
    Feb 17, 2006
    i agree with the yahoo review. do yourself a favour install ravenshield this game is a DUD! what were the developers thinking, do yourselves a favour and get a new line of work. youve done enough damage to the franchise.
  15. RobA.
    Feb 21, 2006
    This just doesn't come close to the more recent squad based shooters out there. Yeah it looks superb but the AI of both your squad and the enemy is terrible. I've seen my entire squad wiped out by a single enemy who'd strolled up behind them and casually shot them all in the back in turn while not one of them turned around. Alternatively i've gone into many rooms and This just doesn't come close to the more recent squad based shooters out there. Yeah it looks superb but the AI of both your squad and the enemy is terrible. I've seen my entire squad wiped out by a single enemy who'd strolled up behind them and casually shot them all in the back in turn while not one of them turned around. Alternatively i've gone into many rooms and shot one guy and his mate has just stood facing the wall with his gun down whilst shouting "They're here!" I've watched my squad break open a door and then blind themselves on their own flashbangs. I've been denied the use of the sledgehammer to break open doors because it's apparently been used too much. Why? Has it run out of swing? And what's with the use of tables and scaffolding to block corridors? Surely the world's finest special forces wouldn't be stumped by a piece of furniture? Or unable to duck? And i should just mention the level design. In the old games you always had multiple choices of routes to your objective but here it's completely linear. And the levels don't even make sense half the time. Long sprawling corridors that all look the same and the occasional really dumb thing like a grand staircase that leads down to a brick wall! And just to get really pedantic why don't my bullets smash lights or puncture tyres? They do in Splinter Cell and other older games. If you want to see how a game of this type should be done get yourself a copy of SWAT 4 or SC Chaos Theory. And to the guy who claimed "AI is fantastic" please play FEAR and see just how good AI can be these days. Expand
  16. RyanW.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Very bad. horrible recoil. ohh wait, when Ii played it had no recoil, only crosshair spread... an insult to the R6 name. This is not tactical at all. Atleast the halo fanboys like it.
  17. IanI.
    Mar 26, 2006
    Game is horrible, how can you go from a game that prides itself in being a realistic strategy shooter to a completely linier take on modern combat? As for the graphics, it utilizes some newer effects (such as fancy tile reflections) but it is all marred by the complete lack of a physics engine making the whole world seem confining and underdeveloped. Oh so if I take a shotgun to the Game is horrible, how can you go from a game that prides itself in being a realistic strategy shooter to a completely linier take on modern combat? As for the graphics, it utilizes some newer effects (such as fancy tile reflections) but it is all marred by the complete lack of a physics engine making the whole world seem confining and underdeveloped. Oh so if I take a shotgun to the bottle on the ground nothing happens...that great. By far the worst thing about the graphics in this game is the shadowing, sure the environments look o.k. and the player molding is good but the shadows appear as a blob of highly visible pixels that barley mirror the shape of the object (and that Expand
  18. IsaacC.
    Sep 24, 2006
    I only played through the first two levels of this game, and then promptly uninstalled it. After years of dissappointment, seeing Ubisoft neglect the R6 series on the PC, I thought this game might just bring back my enthusiasm for the franchise. The only reason I ever really enjoyed the Rainbow Six series was because of the unprecedented realism found in the series. I was sadly I only played through the first two levels of this game, and then promptly uninstalled it. After years of dissappointment, seeing Ubisoft neglect the R6 series on the PC, I thought this game might just bring back my enthusiasm for the franchise. The only reason I ever really enjoyed the Rainbow Six series was because of the unprecedented realism found in the series. I was sadly disappointed when I played this game. It just seemed to me that this game was nothing more than a port of the console series. Ubisoft has focused too much on pleasing console players of the series and has come to forget the roots of Rainbow Six. The realism, planning, intensity and difficulty found in previous R6 PC games was nowhere to be found. A true disappointment to all true fans of the series. R.I.P. Rainbow SIx Expand
  19. Nov 14, 2011
    Absolutely terrible, I don't even know why they even made this crap. Yes, trust me, crap, don't know what it is. And AI is dumb as hell, they tried to flash the room but eventually flash themselves, and me. What the heck is that?? Don't bother this rubbish, please.
  20. May 12, 2020
    Horribly average, but immediately is knocked down with a stupid 90's sexist, misogynist cutscene of some pervert staring at, and making comments about a woman team members' butt while in a ventilation system.

Red Storm disbanding seriously hurt this franchise.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

It's another throwaway shooter with bad AI, forgettable single player levels, and glib unremarkable multiplayer options. Here lies Rainbow Six. Rest in peace, while we go reinstall "Raven Shield."
    Lockdown got rid of everything that made its predecessors stand out and kept the bad A.I. and even worse backstories. Even without the burden of living up to its predecessors, Lockdown is -- at best -- a generic shooter with pretensions at realism.
  3. Lockdown for the PC is more tactical than the console versions and definitely a lot of fun, but it's still got a noticeable arcade flavor.