7.1

1. Dec 1, 2015
    It's a thinking man's shooter. Twitch FPS players look elsewhere. This game is all tactics and I love it. The ones griping about it play instant gratification FPS titles like COD which gets old almost immediately. I won't go on about the details inside the game because I'd rather people discover it for themselves, but if you like hardcore teamwork games, this is high up that tree. I'dIt's a thinking man's shooter. Twitch FPS players look elsewhere. This game is all tactics and I love it. The ones griping about it play instant gratification FPS titles like COD which gets old almost immediately. I won't go on about the details inside the game because I'd rather people discover it for themselves, but if you like hardcore teamwork games, this is high up that tree. I'd suggest you join a clan because pubbing alone is not a viable option. Other than that, it gets a 9/10. I love everything about it, but if it had more maps, it would have a solid 10. Also, I don't care for campaigns, I never play FPS campaigns anymore, they really are all the same. Expand
  2. Dec 1, 2015
    Finally FPS which requires usage of brain unlike some retarded CoD or one of the million CoD clones.
    Awesome maps, destructible environment, great weapons, unlocks etc. GOTY material.
  3. Dec 1, 2015
    The game's good. But definitely not worth your $60 right now. Issues include laggy servers; buggy netcode; limbs poking through walls (leading to stupid deaths with many cheating accusations); not receiving any renown (credits used to unlock characters) or XP after matches; the annoying (standard now) ubisoft payment plan, $60 for an incomplete game, then charge for credits to buy extraThe game's good. But definitely not worth your $60 right now. Issues include laggy servers; buggy netcode; limbs poking through walls (leading to stupid deaths with many cheating accusations); not receiving any renown (credits used to unlock characters) or XP after matches; the annoying (standard now) ubisoft payment plan, $60 for an incomplete game, then charge for credits to buy extra items and boosters to help unlock characters or items. There are so many little and large issues that I can't recommend anyone to buy it at the moment. It's a REALLY fun game, when it works. But it's really infuriating with some of the issues that the developers failed to iron out after the closed, or open beta stages of development.

Also, f**k ubisoft. You get around 300 renown/match, and you usually don't even get any XP or Renown from matches, due to a really annoying bug, and the ops (characters) start at 500, going up in increments of 500 up to around 2500 (I think.) It takes absolutely forever to unlock all 20 ops at this rate.

Anyways, the gameplay is great. If they fixed the netcode, and the annoying little bugs, I'm sure it could be a contender for CS:GO.
  4. Dec 1, 2015
    Tom Clancy is turning in his grave. I'm not sure who took over when Tom Clancy passed away but they are doing an awful job trying to cash in on the legendary writers name. Tom always wanted his name to represent quality and that is why Rainbow Six was always known as a special forces simulator. Every time I played it since childhood I had a blast. Rainbow six is the sole reason that fueledTom Clancy is turning in his grave. I'm not sure who took over when Tom Clancy passed away but they are doing an awful job trying to cash in on the legendary writers name. Tom always wanted his name to represent quality and that is why Rainbow Six was always known as a special forces simulator. Every time I played it since childhood I had a blast. Rainbow six is the sole reason that fueled my interest in military life and eventually led me to serve my country.

-The is probably the biggest disappointment of the year for me and probably any fan of the franchise. No single player?! What? Rainbow six always had an amazing single player experience, multiplayer was just an addition. This is by far the biggest negative the game has.

-The game plays like a mix of call of duty and battlefield, this is not a good thing because Rainbow six was always unique in it's own style. It was the arma or flashpoint of special forces. Not a generic shooter.

-The AI is stupid. I haven't seen such useless AI in years, I didn't even think it was possible for developers take so many steps backwards in coding the AI, but rainbow six siege just proves it.
    At one moment I was on one side of the room looking at an open door, I see an AI run up and hide beside the door entrance with his arm sticking out in my view. I just pistol his arm till he died. Then a second AI ran up and I did the same.

-The game is a borefest. Like I said it feels like a generic shooter mixed with call of duty. I already played black ops 3 and it was crap, why would I want to play another call of duty type game this year.

-Absolutely no incentive to work as a team. In Rainbow six it was a blast working as a team.

-The levels are boring. Anyone remember Rainbox six vegas? It looked amazing at the time, the attention to detail was phenomenal. Remember looking out the window from the casino beyond the city scape and seeing little cars driving on the road in the distance? Well In siege you won't find that. The maps are boring and bland.

-Destructibility is nothing new, just generally under utilized by game developers because they are lazy. Anyone remember red faction?

-The rifle and pistol sounds, very unrealistic. As someone who has spent a lot of time at the range I can tell you this game actually has worse sounds than call of duty.

All in all, I feel bad that Tom Clancy's name is smeared in this trash game. Please don't buy this just to show them we want a real rainbow six game and not call of duty.
  5. Oct 11, 2017
    R6: Siege is Ubisoft's attempt to kill two birds with one stone by reviving a previously established IP and using a fast pass ticket into the competitive e-sports industry with one title. In doing so all they have established is that they can make games that are flawed by technical faults that heavily detract from an otherwise enjoyable experience.
    You assume the role as one of 33
    You assume the role as one of 33 playable operators, each with a unique and distinguished special ability, and play alongside four other players in 5v5 multiplayer attack versus defend game modes. Round are respawn-free, meaning if you die, you're out until the next round.
    Multiplayer is where this game is significantly flawed, which on further inspection is a big concern considering that this game is a multiplayer game.
    A reporting functionality does exist, something that is a must have for every multiplayer game, but despite this, it never seems to actually do anything. This is partially due to the consistent influx of hackers that swarm multiplayer games throughout the year, and also down to the fact that users reporting other players don't receive any form of communication on what action was eventually taken on the reported player, if any was taken at all!
    The matchmaking system is inherently flawed, and new players can expect themselves to be paired up with other new players against a team full of people that should be competing for thousands of dollars in the competitive pro league.
    The game is also riddled with bugs and glitches; some of which are addressed, but most of which are described as 'identified by the development team' and no more. So much so that they even skipped a whole DLC to provide a 'season long' (3 months) period of updates exclusively aimed at fixing issues, which was aptly named 'Operation Health'. Many players (including myself) will tell you that although this season fixed many bugs, for every bug that was fixed, another 10+ were introduced.
    It is evident by all of these attempts that Ubisoft are trying to fix this game to a point where it would excel at being a great tactical multiplayer shooter, but seasoned game design veterans like themselves should know that simply trying is not enough to meet today's industry expectation.
    As with most Ubisoft games, they try to emphasize the highly accurate and realistic visual graphics. What actually happened at launch was a terrible mess of broken lighting in nearly every inch of your screen, and textures that simply didn't live up to the expectations that Ubisoft themselves set during their E3 demo.
    As time has gone on, they have got much better, and the next update promises to improve the overall graphical quality of the game, so I have no real basis to fault them on in the graphics department writing today in 2017. Had I been writing this review a year ago, we may have seen a different story being presented.
    Player progression is an aspect of R6: Siege that I often find being misinterpreted by reviewers who haven't explored the game far enough to understand how player progression actually works. Ubisoft offers two versions of the game, the starter edition, and the standard edition. This pricing model allows gamers who aren't completely sold on the game to purchase a cheaper version where they don't instantly start with a large collection of operators (classes) to play with. They can then choose to unlock these operators with in-game currency, which cannot be purchased with real life money. This is a great move by Ubisoft which allows all players, independent of financial capacity, to experience all of the different operators in the game.
    Gameplay mechanics are where Rainbow Six: Siege properly excels. Players can use RC drones with built in cameras to scope out areas of the map before engaging, and many operators have different traps and gadgets to apply a multitude of effects (both positive and negative) to players who happen to stumble across them, ranging from concussion mines to toxic smoke canisters. These mechanics provide a fun and unique playing experience with a map that is dynamically changing throughout the round, promoting players to think on their feet and adapt to the present situation. This plays well into the re-playability of the game; you are almost guaranteed to never have a match that plays out in a predictable scenario that you have experienced before.
    Options menus are where most PC games fall very short of the mark, but R6: Siege is an exception to this. The game features a highly extensive yet immensely intuitive settings screen, and good news for some gamers, the game features out-of-the-box ultrawide 21:9 aspect ratio support. The 'Ultra HD texture pack' that they offer, which is more than 20 gigabytes in size, doesn't seem to offer any form of improvement to the graphics unless you're using a fancy Dell 8K monitor, but heavily decreases the frame rate of the game, so unless you want to be the very best, you'll probably want to pass on that option.
  6. Aug 12, 2016
    This is an amazing game with elements where CSS was not able to achieve. Current CSGO is very poor vs dynamics and tactics from R6: Siege. I highly recommend R6: Siege. Every new DLC with operators brings new tactics and new style of the game in general
  7. Jul 18, 2018
    Before, Rainbow Six: Siege used to be one of the best games, but now, most of the members are toxic. And, Ubisoft recently implemented a toxicity filter, where if you say anything toxic, you get banned. Before that, I rarely encountered people using toxic language. But now, way more people than before start calling people different spellings of the n word to get around the ban, whereBefore, Rainbow Six: Siege used to be one of the best games, but now, most of the members are toxic. And, Ubisoft recently implemented a toxicity filter, where if you say anything toxic, you get banned. Before that, I rarely encountered people using toxic language. But now, way more people than before start calling people different spellings of the n word to get around the ban, where before almost no-one used anything of that sort. And, there are people tricking other people into saying banned words, and I got tricked, and I was banned for 30 minutes (not too bad) and lost a ranked match and put my team at a huge disadvantage since it kicked me out. I would give this game an 8 or a 9 but because of how toxic the community has gotten after they implemented a horrible toxicity filter, I'm giving this game a 1. No other game immediately bans you for using a bad word. They often block your ability to chat for a while, or will replace those words with something else. But Siege just goes and bans you, even if you didn't mean to say it and were tricked. Also, if you type to someone to bring frags (frag grenades) and forget to type the r, you're banned. No way to undo the ban. And, I think that ban prevents you from refunding the game on Steam, so if you're tricked into saying something and you get banned, and you don't like the game, you're stuck with it. Also, there are words I've never even knew were toxic such as "c**n" (replace * with o.) And, in ranked, there are huge amounts of cheaters because Ubisoft hasn't updated the anti-cheat in a while. Overall, I would wait to get this game until this is all resolved. Expand
  8. Jul 24, 2018
    A good idea in the begining for sure. But it's not as realistic or beautiful as ubisoft promised. Bugs, hackers, servers and the way to get new operators (wait or pay) make me very frustrated about this game. So nop, it s worth maybe 10 euros. Talk about the new agents. It's a joke! I don't call this stuffs technology but magic. The netcode is in the air and you die a lot just because theA good idea in the begining for sure. But it's not as realistic or beautiful as ubisoft promised. Bugs, hackers, servers and the way to get new operators (wait or pay) make me very frustrated about this game. So nop, it s worth maybe 10 euros. Talk about the new agents. It's a joke! I don't call this stuffs technology but magic. The netcode is in the air and you die a lot just because the game is not able to work. Expand
  9. Feb 14, 2016
    My biggest problem with R6S is the amount of pointless restrictions and omissions in the game.

Defenders can block doors and use remote explosives but don't get shields, flashbangs or decent DMRs; attackers are not allowed to use the heartbeat sensor or block the doorways behind them. There are no destructible light sources or thermal scopes. Even though there are cameras in the game, motion detection alarms are not an option. It's as if Ubisoft were trying to make Counter-Strike with mutually exclusive classes instead of a proper next gen squad tactical game with customizable loadouts.

While the maps are decent, they also have an element of luck to them, with some positions being easy to defend and some downright atrocious for any mode, and the position itself being random and not changeable (can't move the hostage/container/bombs). Getting the short end of the stick is never fun.

And mechanically it's not very fun either. Instead of deployables being placeable via their projected model like in many other games, R6S forces the operator to shuffle back and forth until they magically raise their hands into the 'can deploy' position. It's not realistic, it's deliberately crippled control. Of course, barbed wire, bear traps and whatnot can not be placed on stairs, no, sir. Only on flat surfaces with at least a meter of free space behind them (for the operative to stand when deploying). All the traps, even the mechanical ones, have IFF, e.g. the barbed wire doesn't slow down allies. MAGIC!

When the game works, it feels good. Yet, most of the time it just feels like "Game1 and Game2 did this so much better" and makes me wish for far more freedom in choosing loadouts and doing things.
  10. Jun 2, 2018
    First of all I must say; I'm not writing this review as a FPS player. When I play games, I spend most of this time primarily on RPGs and then on strategy games. That's why I'm going to make this comment completely like, "How's the taste of this pasta on that restaurant?"

I would like to state that you will not get used to playing if you are alone or even there are 4 people, because the usage areas of operators are so wide. Gather your 5 friends and play the game more effectively. So, you can play in a much more coordinated way if you have 5 friends in a team. In the simplest case, if the operators in the team are not the kind that support each other, the game becomes unbalanced.

The vanilla operators are also very good, but the Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3 operators are well balanced with each other. It can take some time to learn and get used to the main equipment that all operators have. Do not break your morale while playing that moment.

The community of the game is worst! Not all of them, but almost 85% are worst. I can write pages about it. I don't even want to mention. So, I will pass that part... Sorry.

If you are playing the highest graphical texture in this game so that the graphics are good, there is no point in telling you. The game is a tactical based game and it does not even take 5 minutes. So do not do this for a 5-minute pleasure. It also causes the game to load late. If there is a difference between the pleasure you feel during sex and the pleasure you feel at the peak, there is such a difference. If you continue playing, of course you can increase graphical quality and even download Hihg-Res Textures from the store page. But if you like to play in casual like me, you do not even have to.
  11. Mar 24, 2018
    An absolute joke of a "game". 3 years after it's release, the original game breaking bugs are still there, competitive mode is still in "BETA", and lag switchers are rampant as always, 1/4 of OP's are unbalanced, and their hitboxes are broken, don't bother getting this trash.
  12. Jun 14, 2018
    This game, I wish i could rate it higher. Its not a bad game at its core, the gameplay is solid, the graphics even turned down are good and turned up it looks nice. The weapons are interesting and have plenty of variety and the formula is solid. I have put quite some time into it and sometimes its great.
    The problems come from the community. I dont really have gamer friends so I play casual, i have never played a single ranked game. Unfortunately the game is really biased towards groups. It is really clear when you come up against a team who talk and know each other as they just destroy the other team. Which is not a bad thing in itself, but when you are in a team of randoms is is a gamble which rarely pays off. You often end up in games with some of the most obnoxious people you could expect, who abuse the vote kick because they are bored or scream and rant because you didnt do what they wanted. Despite the fact that they never talk about plans, you are just expected to do everything for them. Team kills are rife and i dont mean accidental ones when people just walk into your firing line. Expect to be killed by your own team on 3/5 matches, either for not being telepathic or just for being the first one they see.
    If the game takes a minute to load, because it wont start until the whole player count are fully loaded up and ready (a good thing), then get ready to see a chat full of unnecessary and offensive nonsense.
    The calibre of your random team mates goes downhill drastically when school is out, a clear difference. to the point that i wont play evenings or weekends just because it is not fun.
    Ubisoft seem to take half hearted attempts to stem the toxicity but it makes no difference. For a while they were banning all over the place for toxic behaviour and the game became a nicer place for it, then they let up and its back to being unpleasant again. In my opinion they should be policing the game better in some way, it is a really high profile game and they should be making a point with it.

if you have a good group of friends then i imagine this game is awesome. The game itself is great, well supported and kept fresh and interesting. If it wasnt for the free reign of trolls and toxicity its would be an 8-9 for me, which i think is a real shame.
  13. Jul 10, 2018
    Focking NetCode and Ping problem ('cause i'm in Russia i allways have 70+ ping). Ping really maters in this game (like in all other) so it can be like: I peek corner, see a person, hides and somehow i die. i like "Dafuq", and runnig lokking a KillCam, and you now what? I didnt even hide behind a corner, i just get HeadShooted immediately after peeking. *Nice*
  14. Feb 11, 2018
    **** this game, I smashed my mouse for 50 euros, headphones also barely go to me, anti-cheat is **** in older games there is no such problem, for example cs 1.6. Do you enter the game what greets you? A child is tearing at the whole house. And in the second team? ****ing cheaters who not pick you but he kill you, and on the demo it's like he got out in the middle. And hitbox, you shoot in**** this game, I smashed my mouse for 50 euros, headphones also barely go to me, anti-cheat is **** in older games there is no such problem, for example cs 1.6. Do you enter the game what greets you? A child is tearing at the whole house. And in the second team? ****ing cheaters who not pick you but he kill you, and on the demo it's like he got out in the middle. And hitbox, you shoot in the head and he do not get anything, he shoots you in the arm, and you get in the head, logic. Expand
  15. Mar 22, 2018
    I played this game for 40 hours in pvp mode via uplay. I bought starter edition but earlier i played on standard (during free week)

Gameplay wise this game is great, shooting feels nice, tactical options are giving a nice touch to your usuall run and kill. Thinking is almost as important as good aim. Unfortunatly matchmaking is a joke so at first you will be crushed by veteran

Unfortunatly matchmaking is a joke so at first you will be crushed by veteran players, either high level/rank or smurf accounts. This game is half made of smurf accounts. Strating from lvl 20 you may play rankeds where low ranking players will be much closer to your lvl of skill. This brings another problem as veteran players expect you to know maps etc.

Toxic comunity is middle name of this game. You gonna be yelled at, and they gonna rage on chat. Occasionally you will be kicked or teamkilled. Its normal. That said there are also nice people in this game, generally based on my experience in Europe, 25% are toxic, 10% are nice, and rest simply doesnt give a **** Playing casual means nothing, they rage all the same.
    Game is also plauged by bugs. Every now and then im throwed out from mm because "The game you are trying to join is full." One day i couldnt play at all because mm wasnt working at all, so i couldnt find a match.

Netcode and hitboxes are a big flaw too, sometimes it registers hits strangly, you see that you or enemy was aiming in one place and bullets fall in another (im talking about single shoots no recoil included). Sometimes in a death cam i can see that enemy is standing not where i saw him on my screen.

Game isnt cheap at least by my standards, you buy this game and still have to unlock operatos. I bought starter edition as i dont mean a little grind. Time to unlock one basic op is around 10 hours. On standard edition it is much faster and takes up to one hour.

As for fixing this game by ubi, I simply dont believe they are able to. Developers are working slowly, which can be a good thing, but they are workign to slowly. Most of bugs i have been experiencing are in this game from begining. When i bought this game about 2 week ago i got 2 free ops instead of 6. I contacted ubi support, but they werent able to fix this. So if they cant fix missing operators i doubt they can fix netcode etc. Most of problems are persent because of using Anvil engine, known from AC series, it doesnt work in multiplayer shooter with destructable objects.

After considering all of the above i can give 5 out of 10. If all of the problems would be removed we would have 9/10 tactical shooter, sadly i doubt it will ever happen.
  16. Jun 19, 2018
    Game is epic... but technical aspect of this game is rubbish. Servers, ghost algorithm, match making, make this game one of the worst I played in my life and also best game ever (idea of tactical fps). When you rich point of skill where you know the maps and operators, technical part will make this game so bad, that you will jump to another one. Overall bad game!
  17. Aug 24, 2017
    We're into the 2nd year of this product being considered fully launched on the market, but it's only ranked mode is still in beta...
    There's no requirements for getting into ranked, and the devs spam free-weekends so often that it's about as bad as finding servers full of 12-year-olds who just learned how to turn a computer on.
    There's a lot you can say about Siege that is positive,

There's a lot you can say about Siege that is positive, but the developers, even during this "operation health" project that they've claimed will improve the game, are never fixing the critical issues that make the game have no incentive for you to even try and play.

A few examples:
    It takes 10 games to get a rank assigned in Ranked mode. The game rigs the 10 games so you are almost always with randoms and usually other unranked players, but rarely against other unranked players and usually organized teams.
    Upon being ranked, you will be given a poor rank thanks to this even if you perform well (Because the rank system is extremely volatile and even if you get 30 kills, losing is still that punishing), and you will begin waiting 10-15 minutes for a game because it now refuses to put you with anyone other than those at said horrendous ranks, but the game will continue to tell you that you will only wait 1 -2 minutes, and will continue blatantly lying at all times.
    There's no requirements for people to have before playing Ranked, so people jump straight into Ranked and ruin it for everyone else after just learning the keybinds in on game of casual. This is a problem with the community, but it's one that is critical and fixable by the devs.

The only reason this game hasn't become as horrendous as Counter Strike Global Offensive is because, unlike Valve, they haven't started banning people for complaining on the forums. Yet.
  18. Jan 2, 2017
    Rainbow Six: Siege fits a missing hole in multiplayer FPS games of which I've been searching for quite some time: a hardcore, squad based close quarters experience. You may be thinking that Counterstrike offers this too, but the experiences are very different.

Rainbow Six Siege provides a very interesting dynamic between the two teams: the defenders hold a position of extreme control over the attackers, who spend their time slowly wresting control from the defenders, either through direct confrontation or taking their resources apart.

The difference between the two teams is striking: the defenders have access to fixed position CCTV that offers a huge amount of visibility in a fixed-- and easily destroyed position-- whilst the attackers have access to drones, which offer mobile visibility but from the level of a small rodent, affording the attackers less direct information but the ability to see any part of the area. The defenders are given time to set traps, put up barricades and attempt to funnel the movements of the attackers into specific chokepoints, whilst the attackers are given flashbangs, explosives and longer range weapons to shoot into the buildings.

This set up creates a lot of tension, as defenders feel like homeowners experiencing a break in whilst the attacking team feel like unwelcome invaders in a hostile world, which has helped to create one of the most intense multiplayer experiences I've had in a while.

The slower, more methodical pace required by both sides and reliance on information and teamwork creates a solid experience, but one which requires a few friends and a teamspeak/discord server. Playing which a matchmade team just does not work as well, as many will be averse to using the microphone and so information is not distributed to the team fast enough.

Graphically, the game is serviceable: weapons tear up scenery, explosions and smoke pop off all around you and lights reflect across the floor as you make your way through the match. This is great, but the graphics can sometimes feel a little flat, which can make distinguishing between the many different operators relatively difficult.

The audio design is where the game comes into it's own. You will quickly find yourself relying on the various sounds heard throughout the level, from the zipping noise of a rappel to the heavy footed running of an enemy above you locating the objective. All of these instill a sense in more experience players and create some very tense moments: in a recent game I was sprinting toward a hostage when the floor below and wall to the side of me erupted into a hell of bullets as two enemies had picked up my footsteps.

The destructible environments of the game are top-notch. Walls blow apart, barricades are destroyed and hastily rebuilt and bullets fly through soft surfaces, creating another level to the map design and engagements felt throughout.

Though the game is not perfect due to difficulties playing when friends are not around and the graphics can make things less clear than they could be, I would still recommend picking this game up in any sale.
  19. Jan 22, 2016
    El juego establece una clara diferencia entre los FPS de salir corriendo y disparar para poder avanzar. No podrás hacer eso aquí. Se requiere un poco más de táctica y paciencia, para poder avanzar en las misiones. Esto genera en la experiencia de juego una inmersión que nos permite disfrutar más cada nivel.

La experiencia de juego que tuvimos fué bastante refrescante, en un mundo donde

La experiencia de juego que tuvimos fué bastante refrescante, en un mundo donde existen muchas opciones de juegos FPS y casi todas son muy similares. Es difícil que un juego en este género aporte algo nuevo. Tom Clancy´s Rainbow Six Siege lo hace.
  20. Jan 28, 2018
    Average
    Might be one of the best games , but under Ubisoft they ruined it
    First of all in the beginning the game was so cool and realistic now it seems a cartoon game more likely Overwatch than hunting Terrorists As every game of Ubisoft you must have a premade team to play if you don't have premade team you have trouble since the enemy team might be premade team even in Casual which
    Average
    Might be one of the best games , but under Ubisoft they ruined it
    more likely Overwatch than hunting Terrorists
    As every game of Ubisoft you must have a premade team to play
    if you don't have premade team you have trouble since the enemy team
    might be premade team even in Casual which is not fair for low levels players
    and that s why people quit , but I don't wonder since is an Ubisoft game
    and I can't expect the best , in the last years I am very negative towards Ubisoft .
  21. Feb 19, 2018
    Awesome game, i do very much love this game. 2 marks lost because of team killers and sometimes toxic community. I haven't come across cheaters yet or noticed it i guess but when a 12 year old says "I hate this map, i'm just going to team kill." it just removes the fun. There needs to be consequences for stuff like that otherwise it makes a toxic environment. It wouldn't be hard to setAwesome game, i do very much love this game. 2 marks lost because of team killers and sometimes toxic community. I haven't come across cheaters yet or noticed it i guess but when a 12 year old says "I hate this map, i'm just going to team kill." it just removes the fun. There needs to be consequences for stuff like that otherwise it makes a toxic environment. It wouldn't be hard to set something up where a match is red flagged for the admins when a team kill happens followed by a report, come on UBI. Other than that operators are pretty well balanced and fun, love the tactical and teamplay, not very many games gives you this kind of play. Expand
  22. Dec 29, 2016
    This game was fun (respect between players) but now the community exist only of trollers cheaters and teamkillers. Netcode is the worst I have seen in a video game. If you search for a good FPS skip this piece of **** (less headache).
  23. Feb 5, 2016
    Probably my favorite online shooter that came out in 2015. Has a similar feel of Counter Strike mixed with some Battlefield. I would rate this much higher than an 8 if it wasn't for some bugs and server issues. (Seriously they should let us host our own servers).

But the gameplay and map designs are solid. Kudos Ubi, you made a game I am willing to buy from you.
  24. Dec 28, 2015
    Let me clear it out first - the game itself, its moment-to-moment gameplay and features are amazing. I really, really enjoy some moments of it, and i think this game may have huge potencial...
    BUT
    BUT
    Everything is completely ruined by an awful, i repeat, HORRENDOUSLY AWFUL, tech-side state of the game and its servers. And im not alone here. Seriously, have this game went through multiple test stages, or they just say so? I dont know how they cold have missed all of these issues. And they are found amongst the majority of players, and you can find those in pretty much any negative review for this game:
    - awful netcode with random delays and discrepancies between what you see and what you actually get, even with 40 hours to actually understand whats going on, and experience everything, that developers **** up.

In short - dont buy it now. Read reviews later down the update line, 2-3 updates/patches in. See if most of these problems are fixed, and if they are - then go for it, you'll have a lot of fun.
  25. Dec 20, 2015
    -awful hit detection
    -awful lighting and blinding effects (your eyes should naturally adjust to lighting, you don't in this game at all to the point where you should just avoid engaging enemies in areas of different lighting)
    -barely any content. (people that complain about battlefront should play this game) good initial premise of what a tactical shooter should be, but failed to
    -awful hit detection

good initial premise of what a tactical shooter should be, but failed to deliver on critical areas
    I'm a huge fan of tome clancy tactical shooting games, but this was just a disapointment
  26. Jul 3, 2017
    It's really similar to CS:GO so if you like it, you might like R6 Siege.
    But if you are a fan of Battlefield, then this game is probably not for you.
    It's really "camping oriented" and the pace is really slow. It's limited to 5 vs 5 so it's harder to find friends to play with when compared to Battlefield. Indeed, ideally, you need 5 players, no more, not less while in Battlefield, it's
    It's really similar to CS:GO so if you like it, you might like R6 Siege.
    But if you are a fan of Battlefield, then this game is probably not for you.
    It's really "camping oriented" and the pace is really slow.
    Indeed, ideally, you need 5 players, no more, not less while in Battlefield, it's less important and you can have many squads of 5 players ...

It's a simple multiplayer game with no real single player mode.
    I played for about 10 hours and I feel already bored by the game.
    While I think Battlefield could be more tactical, R6 is just too limited for me.
    Despite the various operators (20) and maps (15) for now, the gameplay is quite repetitive.

Edit : after reaching level 15 and getting more used to the game and watching serenity17 videos on youtube, and playing with my team on discord, I can understand a little more what people like about this game and I've started to like it
  27. Aug 15, 2016
    Absolutely fantastic game. As I read in another review, it's a "thinking man's shooter" for sure. The maps are destructible, forcing creativity in both defensive and offensive roles; the unique abilities of each operator only serve to enhance the experience, serving up a metagame not unlike what you'd find in the MOBA genre - although with more meaty action. Essentially, if the olderAbsolutely fantastic game. As I read in another review, it's a "thinking man's shooter" for sure. The maps are destructible, forcing creativity in both defensive and offensive roles; the unique abilities of each operator only serve to enhance the experience, serving up a metagame not unlike what you'd find in the MOBA genre - although with more meaty action. Essentially, if the older Rainbow Six games, CS: GO and Dota were all merged into one, that would be Siege.

There are customisable loadouts, attachments to add to your weapons, completely altering their statistics (recoil, flash hiders, angled grips giving you quicker ADS transitions etc.). If you like competitive multiplayer games, you're doing yourself a disservice by not trying it out. In my opinion, this is now the only competitive shooter worth playing. Period. The maps, too, are full of detail with so many avenues to explore and ways to breach your objective.

I'd advise playing with friends, however, or at least using a mic as this game is heavily team-oriented and you will certainly suffer playing online without one.

That said, it's not perfect. There are a few issues such as semi-auto shotguns having too much range, a couple silly operator buffs such as Pulse's heartbeat scanner - but all in all, this game is fantastic. Surprisingly, the devs have given it patch after patch - something you definitely don't expect from Ubisoft, considering their post-release support generally leaves much to be desired. So for this reason, I have no doubt everything will be sorted (Pulse and semi-autos get nerfed this month so the perfect game will then become godlike).

Kudos to the community manager, 'Its_Epi' as well, for being as responsive and communicative as his position allows.
  28. Dec 26, 2015
    This game has low expectations for itself and fails to reach even those.

Pro: Tactical Teamwork Con: Everything else. Is this what we expect for $60? It functions like Insurgency's autistic cousin. It tries to cover up it's horrible graphics with the most extreme case of Motion Blur I've ever seen. The AI will shoot you through walls with 100% accuracy (then instantly troll you
    This game has low expectations for itself and fails to reach even those.

Pro: Tactical Teamwork

Con: Everything else.

Is this what we expect for $60? It functions like Insurgency's autistic cousin. It tries to cover up it's horrible graphics with the most extreme case of Motion Blur I've ever seen. The AI will shoot you through walls with 100% accuracy (then instantly troll you with a killcam). Guns have no recoil/uniqueness. You can only destroy objects/walls marked as destructable (not some Red Faction contender as lauded). Servers plainly don't work. No single player. 40% of the unique content requires microtransactions AT LAUNCH, feels like Game of War. R6 bucks my a $$.

Multiplayer had the potential to be a fun $20 game on it's own, but it's lack of competition modes other than Attack/Defend make it absurdly over priced.

A total bust. Thanks for the refund Steam.
  29. Oct 1, 2016
    - bad ranked system
    - bad hit detection
    - server issues
    - monotonous gameplay
    - high number of different bugs
    - stupid and imbalanced matchmaking
    - bad balancing
  30. Dec 2, 2015
    Pros:
    - Intense and punishing tactical-squad based shooter.
    - About a dozen maps, intricately designed and balanced for both offensive and defensive teams. - Destructible environment - Several Operators to choose from with unique weapons and abilities. - Rewards team cooperation and strategy - Not a COD clone Cons: - Bugs (for now) - Players who do not communicate or cooperate
    Pros:
    - Intense and punishing tactical-squad based shooter.
    - Destructible environment
    - Several Operators to choose from with unique weapons and abilities.
    - Rewards team cooperation and strategy
    - Not a COD clone

Cons:
    - Bugs (for now)
    - Players who do not communicate or cooperate with their team are often a liability

To all the players comparing this game with Vegas: This is NOT Vegas. Just because it doesn't have the same features of one game doesn't make it a terrible game. Siege wasn't designed with 3rd person in mind. 3rd person would grant campers a huge advantage. In Siege, one must rely on their senses to determine enemy position, i.e. footsteps in the next room, someone walking through barbed wire, etc. These minute features are what make this game such a fantastic tactical squad-based shooter. You have to strategize with your team, accurately execute plans to complete the objective or fail together.

This isn't for the COD player looking for quick-kill gratification. You won't find anyone sprinting across the map with guns blazing. That'll only get you killed. In fact, sprinting creates so much noise you'll quickly find yourself watching your corpse get teabagged via killcam.

My one and only gripe with the game as of release are the bugs. Hopefully Ubisoft can fix these soon.
  31. May 24, 2016
    The gameplay is brilliant. But see how i noted the game ? The technical side shows how bad is Ubisoft at making PVP FPS.
    No mistake here, i love the idea of the game, i love the way it plays.
    Unfortunately, the hit detection is bad, the ping compensation is the worst i've seen in a FPS, the MM is regularly failing, and the anti-cheat is not working. Ubisoft does not communicate with
    No mistake here, i love the idea of the game, i love the way it plays.

Ubisoft does not communicate with the community, and they probably won't improve much the game since the engine is not made for FPS games.

My conclusion... it could have been brilliant and a major game, and now it's dying. Sad.
  32. Sep 16, 2017
    So, the game is in Beta since launch (don't miss that beta sign when entering multiplayer) it's still haveing a big ptoblem with hacks they can't detect and the massive netcode problem and pings are all over the place. And then they want you to pay for 2 Season passes for a game in beta.
  33. May 22, 2016
    This game has:
    - the worst matchmating system I have ever seen
    - teamkillers - no possibility to report teamkillers - unbalanced maps (in some areas there are 7 windows + doors to get in, so its quite impossible to defend with a random team, in others there is only one door) - dlc characters are sighty op ( oh wow you can unlock them with ingame money, just invest 30h gameplay for
    This game has:
    - the worst matchmating system I have ever seen
    - teamkillers
    - no possibility to report teamkillers
    - dlc characters are sighty op ( oh wow you can unlock them with ingame money, just invest 30h gameplay for each of them)
  34. Dec 22, 2016
    A glitch fulled horrible mess. Hackers shooting through walls with a terrible anti-hack system. I've even seen people flying. On xbox one I wrote a good review but on PC this is just terrible.
  35. Dec 1, 2015
    To get the most fun out of it, press start on main menu and turn certain modes on and off. I like playing mostly classic terrorist hunt and bomb defuse TH. On TDM, I play mainly hostage rescue. For operator I go with Sledge. He has powerful weapons and is good for beginners. I'm glad SP is basically challenge tower training missions. Story campaign is too overblown in other Rainbows.To get the most fun out of it, press start on main menu and turn certain modes on and off. I like playing mostly classic terrorist hunt and bomb defuse TH. On TDM, I play mainly hostage rescue. For operator I go with Sledge. He has powerful weapons and is good for beginners. I'm glad SP is basically challenge tower training missions. Story campaign is too overblown in other Rainbows.

This is very much like any other traditional Rainbow 6. The explosive environments add so much challenge and tacticle planning. The only thing that keeps this game from getting a 10/10 is that they didn't include local co-op and a tps cover system this time. If you like games like Socom, Unit13, Ghost Recon, Swat, Counter Strike, or anything related to armed forces/ espionage, this is a dream come true.
  36. Jan 12, 2016
    Took me 5 hours to install the game between crashes, failed updates and Uplay.

When I finally think I'm getting somewhere and the game loads the Multiplayer starts crashing after joining a match. Tried all the tricks in the book and was unsuccessful in fixing the problem. Support is of no help at all.

Paid 60$ for a **** singleplayer campaign.

I think I've found a company as bad as EA.
  37. Aug 13, 2016
    Hit registration issues still exists after so much updates, mach making is lotery, sometimes you cant see enemy in enviroment textures, very ping dependand game. The game can be great in not GREADYsoft.
  38. Jan 4, 2016
    Stay away until it gets fixed, matchmaking is terrible, the worst i have seen in a AAA game. Overpriced and buggy. Gameplay is fun. Simply you pay full price for a multiplayer only BETA. Classic Ubisoft, Ubisoft never changes.
  39. Dec 30, 2015
    In theory, this game is finally a new approach to online gaming. However, the sad truth is that Ubisoft simply can't satisfy online gamers due to a **** netcode, a bad foundation for a multiplayer game and a truly **** up price policy.

This game should've been either a free2play title or a 20-25€/$ download title, not a full fledged 60€/$ full-price game with 29€/$ season pass attached to it.

The matchmaking simply does not work. There is no server browser. There are 10 maps (that play exactly the same whether you play at day or night, since the core of the gameplay is focused on the INSIDE of the buildings) - 20 characters to chose from, that can't go through any progress, as there simply is no progression ingame. That's it. Roughly 3 modifications that are basically all the same and once you have unlocked everything (took me 20 hours for all modifications + all operators) then you're done with the game basically.
  40. Jan 2, 2016
    1 point for single player. Multiplayer is simply not working. Game has serious camera issues. (You can't see the enemy, but he can see half of your body) Random grenade kills (got killed through solid wall) Defense cannot leave the building. (In tutorial enemy always waits at extract, but you are unable to do the same) You cannot choose the map you would like to play. All the scenarios1 point for single player. Multiplayer is simply not working. Game has serious camera issues. (You can't see the enemy, but he can see half of your body) Random grenade kills (got killed through solid wall) Defense cannot leave the building. (In tutorial enemy always waits at extract, but you are unable to do the same) You cannot choose the map you would like to play. All the scenarios feel the same. The could have easily replaced hostage/bomb/hazardous material with a flag or potato... Expand
  41. Dec 17, 2015
    Boosters, skins, all for microtransactions, i dont hate the game, it just shouldn't be rainbow six. The super fast gameplay is much like COD and on top of that there is no campaign. This game is far from worth $60
  42. Dec 12, 2015
    Ubisoft has hit an all time low. Charging on both ends and even if one did pay for the completely absurd mircotransactions- it still falls short of being worth it.

There is a lot of potential with this game, but their sheer greed has ensured that this game will die on the vine. Welcome to the no-fly list Ubisoft, you will never get another dollar from me, I promise you.
  43. Nov 23, 2016
    I don't know why so many guys still playing this game.
    this game got a buggy net-code and update is little as tail of mouse.
    ubisoft locked all around the bugs in this game. I can't believe how this game has pro league? + Great personalities on characters + Small size tactics - Sensitive and unstable servers (Net-code) - awful DLC policy - little amount of update - so many bugs
    I don't know why so many guys still playing this game.
    this game got a buggy net-code and update is little as tail of mouse.
    + Great personalities on characters
    + Small size tactics
    - Sensitive and unstable servers (Net-code)
    - awful DLC policy
    - little amount of update
    - so many bugs (body coming out from the wall and stuttering issues and Etc)
    - bad team balancing
    - repeating gameplay
    - bad balancing (especially from DLC's)
    - Bad hit detections
  44. Dec 3, 2015
    Would not recommend buying this game. It's team focused so you won't be getting max fun when playing alone. Apart from that it may be difficult to find a match. Overall this game does not worth the price tag.
  45. Dec 20, 2015
    Why does everything have to be dumbed down nowadays. And more importantly why did you had to dumb down rainbow six: one of the most realistic games of it's time! So what is exactly wrong with this game. Well let's find out:

Pros: -The graphics are a definite upgrade from the previous games. It looks pretty damn good. But that's about the only thing that went into next gen from this

Pros:
    -The graphics are a definite upgrade from the previous games. It looks pretty damn good. But that's about the only thing that went into next gen from this game!!!! Now on to the cons:

Cons:
    -As i said numerous times now, this is an incredibly dumbed down version of the previous Rainbow six games. Remember when you had to find out where the enemy was and you had to check every door to make sure you don't get ambushed..... Well **** that **** in this game you just gotta send a little beacon thingy and it tells every enemy position to you. For Christ's sake if i wanna find out where the enemy is without effort i might as well cheat.
    -Another thing is the guns. Yeah they all look and sound great but hey just don't feel powerful. Remember in the previous games (especially in the first 3 Rainbow six games) when you got a new gun it really packed a punch. Here they just feel like pee shooters.

Okay i think that's enough ranting for me. I am just disappointed that i never got what i was promised. I was hoping for some fun and strategic gameplay but instead i got Rainbow six for 12 year olds. It is sad really.
  46. Dec 2, 2015
    Rainbow Six Siege offers a change of pace from your traditional run-and-gun shooters of today, bringing the real experience of teamwork to the table unlike any other game today. Players will be required to think more tactically about how they achieve victory rather just point and shoot. However, the £40 retail price is a little high given that it lacks the well-known Tom Clancy storyRainbow Six Siege offers a change of pace from your traditional run-and-gun shooters of today, bringing the real experience of teamwork to the table unlike any other game today. Players will be required to think more tactically about how they achieve victory rather just point and shoot. However, the £40 retail price is a little high given that it lacks the well-known Tom Clancy story driven experience that core fans enjoy. Expand
  47. Dec 7, 2015
    The game can be fun but there is a lot to be said for this game. It has moments of tense action but it feels like a game much cheaper than the 60 dollar price tag. No campaign, no real single player, the content is quite limited as well as the game modes. It's all variations on attack and defend. The variety of the original R6 titles are missing. The purely 1 life TDM in symmetrical mapsThe game can be fun but there is a lot to be said for this game. It has moments of tense action but it feels like a game much cheaper than the 60 dollar price tag. No campaign, no real single player, the content is quite limited as well as the game modes. It's all variations on attack and defend. The variety of the original R6 titles are missing. The purely 1 life TDM in symmetrical maps are gone. There is so much missing.

The realism is there where 1 or 2 shots will kill but the netcode and/or hit detection is fuzzy as hell. Watching replays it's infuriating when even the replay shows the bullet "hits" not actually hitting you.

The graphics are mediocre and are below what AAA titles provide these days.

All and all the game would be great at about half the price it is currently. The game could be heading towards pre-mature obscurity with a dwindling playerbase. Hopefully they fix the price so more players can come in.
  48. Dec 10, 2015
    The game takes a good idea, and completely wrecks it. Almost like Ubisoft didn't even try, or was rushed. It is a great concept, but the coding of the game falls flat on its face when trying to deliver the experience. Every game begins with a match of RC Pro AM remote control car derby if your offense, or run around doing the same old BS if your defense. The netcode is from the 90's andThe game takes a good idea, and completely wrecks it. Almost like Ubisoft didn't even try, or was rushed. It is a great concept, but the coding of the game falls flat on its face when trying to deliver the experience. Every game begins with a match of RC Pro AM remote control car derby if your offense, or run around doing the same old BS if your defense. The netcode is from the 90's and bullets don't always register a hit, which is a HUGE issue considering that most of the time it is 1 shot 1 kill. Graphics are pretty heavily outdated, and in game actions are painfully ugly. Why can one side pick up barbwire, but the other can't? Who smashes barb wire with the butt of a gun? Who disarms a bomb with a butt of a gun? All these things make the game feel incomplete, rushed, and just pretty darn fake which takes you out of the immersion that it was designed to be. Lastly, content to price is far far FAR off! Wait until after Christmas, then pick it up for $19.99. But even then be careful, people may of stopped playing making matches almost impossible to find.... If they decide to even fix their online servers which go down constantly without any notice. Expand
  49. Dec 4, 2015
    The game itself is pretty good (9/10), but since it is based on multiplayer only, the horrible netcode makes the game a pain in the ass. Shooting an enemy to the head five times, seeing blood and then the guy turns areound, shoots back and kills you? That's routine. Just like other guys shooting air while they can't even see you, because you are hidden behind a wall (impenetrable) afterThe game itself is pretty good (9/10), but since it is based on multiplayer only, the horrible netcode makes the game a pain in the ass. Shooting an enemy to the head five times, seeing blood and then the guy turns areound, shoots back and kills you? That's routine. Just like other guys shooting air while they can't even see you, because you are hidden behind a wall (impenetrable) after you peaked and suddenly you are dead from their fire. Trying to hit someone with single shots while they are running is also a lottery. Either you are lucky and hit the spot where the game things the guys is, or the guy just runs away (while you clearly hit him in the back with your sniper rifle). That's the biggest problem the game has. There is also problem with clipping. When you lie down near a wall, quite often there is an enemy on the other side who can see your legs or head clipping through the wall. The worst thing about this is that they can just kill you while you can't do anything about it. I am not going to mention some smaller problems, because they are not important. Expand
  50. Dec 7, 2015
    You can buy this. If price is about 20-25 euro. If you have friends(a team of 3 at least) - you can buy this for 35. If you love pain - you can buy it for full price and enjoy **** connection, matchmaking, lags, unsynchronized players (just like Battlefield, only worse!). And you can buy season pass for Windows hanging bugs (prepare your restart button). Tough it can be funny sometimes.You can buy this. If price is about 20-25 euro. If you have friends(a team of 3 at least) - you can buy this for 35. If you love pain - you can buy it for full price and enjoy **** connection, matchmaking, lags, unsynchronized players (just like Battlefield, only worse!). And you can buy season pass for Windows hanging bugs (prepare your restart button). Tough it can be funny sometimes. If you are not playing with a team of imbecile randoms, who don't do **** Expand
  51. Dec 1, 2015
    By playing all the closed and an open beta, along with the release on day 1, all I can say is: most issues were fixed, gameplay is vivid, action plays out great, i love the graphics, map design, and overall depth that the game has. Cons? Ye, there are few of them. Hitboxes, lack of single player campaign. But... I dont mind. Love the game so far.
  52. Dec 2, 2015
    At last, one game that really tries to shuffle things around, to re-define our pre-conceptions about first person shooters.

+ Refreshing asymmetrical gameplay. (Operators, Reinforcing/Breaching) + Tense action, each kill is rewarding, you never know where the attackers will hit or how the defender will fortify. + Rewards tactics over quick aiming, brings back communication to gaming,

+ Refreshing asymmetrical gameplay. (Operators, Reinforcing/Breaching)
    + Rewards tactics over quick aiming, brings back communication to gaming, people are playing as a team.
    + Procedural destruction is the very first time we have a next gen feature that really impacts gameplay.
    + Buttery smooth 60fps with all this destruction
    + Free maps DLC for the next year!
    + Dedicated post-launch support from the dev team
    + Microtransactions are just a shortcut, not pay to win, you can unlock everything you want by simply gaining XP.
    + Although not a single player focused game, plenty of options to have fun (Situations, TerroHunt, TerroHuntClassic)
  53. Dec 1, 2015
    Great shooter mechanics with tactical gameplay and tons of gadgets guarantee hours of fun! There's a ranked system too for those of you who like to play competitive. Best enjoyed with friends.
  54. Dec 1, 2015
    Very hardcore and tactical gameplay - quite punishing if you're up against a good team -- picked it up for around 30USD - so not fussed about value for money;
    A bit of a shame that there is no story line and multiple loadouts -- def. not worth $60+ like some people are paying
  55. Dec 1, 2015
    A nice alternative to other online shooters. Anyone raiting this game very low for not having SP is an idiot, the game never claimed to have a campaign and as such should not be docked for not having one. The multiplayer is a lot of fun, especially when with a good group that doesn't treat it as 5 lone wolves. I would recommend this game to anyone who has grown tired of CoD and wantsA nice alternative to other online shooters. Anyone raiting this game very low for not having SP is an idiot, the game never claimed to have a campaign and as such should not be docked for not having one. The multiplayer is a lot of fun, especially when with a good group that doesn't treat it as 5 lone wolves. I would recommend this game to anyone who has grown tired of CoD and wants something more tactical, slower paced, and with smaller, but more important, teams. Expand
  56. Dec 1, 2015
    A refreshing take on the FPS genre that sits closer to CS: GO on the FPS spectrum than it does to BF/COD. I expect this game to get polarized reviews, either people will love it, or hate it because experience can differ heavily. When you have a team that works together with mics and coordinates, its one of the best games I've played in the last couple years - however when you have a loneA refreshing take on the FPS genre that sits closer to CS: GO on the FPS spectrum than it does to BF/COD. I expect this game to get polarized reviews, either people will love it, or hate it because experience can differ heavily. When you have a team that works together with mics and coordinates, its one of the best games I've played in the last couple years - however when you have a lone wolf that insists on doing their own thing or a team that doesn't really coordinate it can be very frustrating. Overall my experience has been really positive (PC), people seem to be getting into the spirit of the game and while there are a couple bugs, there isn't anything too major that detracts from the overall experience. Although there are still micro-transactions, I give props to Ubi for free DLC maps and operators. Overall I think this is a strong shooter that will get better in the coming months. Expand
  57. Dec 2, 2015
    I think it's the best Multiplayer FPS in this year. It give us so high quality tension during playing this game. Recently,also, the problem of matchmaking is perfectly fixed so I can focus on playing it.
  58. Dec 7, 2015
    Refreshing, Fun, and Competitive.

Refreshing, Fun, and Competitive.

I think the game is really well-made, and the developers put a lot of thought to he competitiveness of the gameplay. Of course, there are things I question should be in the game, such as the online market for pay2get stuff (like $29 season pass that unlocks characters, Currency Booster, and EXP booster), but I don't foresee these items giving mid-level players much of an advantage.

I should note that the tutorial is horrid. And the Scenario mode's gameplay is too punishing to casually learn the game as a tutorial. For instance, I didn't really understand how to remotely ignite explosive charges or understand the uses of drone/ extra drone for a few rounds into the game. So, I hope Ubisoft enhances the tutorial, because it'll deter a lot of new players.

Oh and another thing: There're way too many non-English speaking players on the game. Can we somehow limit the matchmaking by regions?

Lastly, I think game will have a hard-time retaining casual-players. There is not gameplay that really stands out to me, and doesn't give players the flexibility to be creative. I would've like to see a feature where users could create their own maps, and a server list for custom games/scenarios where I could play a round with 10 v 10 or 15 v 15 or with Multiple objectives.

Overall I think the game is well made and really fun. I'm looking forward to any improvements Ubisoft will make to it.
  59. Dec 3, 2015
    Great tactical gameplay, incredibly tense atmosphere and fun gunplay. This game is really a blast, especially with friends. The maps are very well designed, and the operator system allows various different play styles.

Technically this game is also really good. There are a few hiccups regarding networking sometimes (2 days after release), but not to an extent where it affects the enjoyment of the game I feel.

To the Rainbow Six veterans. I am a fan of the series since Raven Shield. Of course, the series has evolved, an Siege has not that much in common with Raven Shield anymore. But It is a very good game on it's own and maybe should not be compared to it's predecessors (i know it's called "rainbow six", but obviously for marketing reasons). But if you liked R6 for tactical gameplay and it's great atmosphere you will like Siege, too, that's for sure.
  60. Dec 6, 2015
    i'm a big rainbow six fan been waiting for this game a long time but have to say it not really what i was hoping terorist hunt is more a trukey shoot with enemys that just keep comming it more a fps shooter then a tactical game good thing is i got vegas for free a that's a much better game that this a big big shame !!!!!!!!!
  61. Dec 7, 2015
    It's a really cool team action! Of course, now game has problems with a lot of not-master players and problems with match-making, but I think, it will be fixed soon, in some months after release.
    But guys, this game offer to you really awesome situations and you will be happy as a child regularly!
  62. Jan 19, 2016
    Polished game but lack the essence of great fps games. The "maps" are very small and the gameplay is fast paced, not really addicting game. There is much room to learn from suceess games like CS.
  63. Sep 19, 2016
    Game Blew harder than Mount St. Helen in 1980...

....................................................................................................
  64. May 5, 2017
    Hey there. I’m here to give anyone that’s willing to listen my opinion on a game I’ve been playing for quite some time—Rainbow 6 Siege. I’m just going to get right to the point:
    Siege might have been the best FPS I’ve ever played, but it ends up falling so flat that it hurts. It’s one of those games that most people classify as having potential—but just to waste it and not do what could’ve been done several times better. I’m not saying that Siege has to meet every single one of my expectations, or that it needs to be what I want it to be—I’m trying to say that as a game in its genre it needs to cover some bases before even trying to be an FPS.
    I’m talking about net code, fixing the issue with peekers advantage, giving spawn protection to attackers for a few seconds to protect them from spawn camping, and lastly preventing players with more latency to benefit from said latency. These are things that have a DIRECT influence in the way people play the game. It affects how each round plays out, how encounters work, and how players approach the game. If you know that you will have an advantage over someone if you peek them first, you’re more than likely going to run in and go for a peek. If you know you can get one or two picks at the very start of the round, you’re more than likely going to take the risk and take out those key ops. If you see you’re connected to a server and you’re lagging a bit—and you have peekers advantage, you’re more than likely going to run in first.
    Most people take any advantage they can get. And are they to blame? No, I can’t say they are. I myself am guilty of peeking outside, spawn killing, and rushing in. If my team is down by one, or if we’re tied up, or if the other team is outperforming us by using these things to their advantage, why am I going to take it? I won’t.
    And here is where my problem with this game really comes in: it almost forces you to accommodate your play style to these factors. Most matches play out the same way now. The same repetitious outside peeking, excessive rushing, defenders not doing their job—which is defending the objective, etc. I feel like as a player, I’ve lost the advantage in being to choose the way I play the game. I feel constrained in my choices in play-style because everything I’ve tried doesn’t work. I don’t really like the way I have to play the game now, but because it works I do it. And that’s where the game becomes just about winning and that’s where the fun factor ends for me. I try my best to only play when my friends are online as well. When they aren’t, I stick to terrorist hunt. But when they are on, they ultimately suffer the same fate—and for the most part, share the same opinion.
    Lastly, I feel like the game puts too much of a focus on adding in new operators. It is clearly an important part of the game and helps to “shift the meta”, but the season passes and the constant weapon skin additions really just detracts from what I would consider other important content. And by content I mean fixing the stuff that I’ve mentioned earlier. I’m not about to claim that I know anything and everything about how to manage a game like Siege, but from my perspective I’d shift focus.
    In summation, the problem I have with this game currently is that it lacks the foundation it needs to support its wonderful concept. It focuses too much on other things—like weapon skins and other gear—when it should be directing its focus on what makes the game function. By allowing problems like peekers advantage, spawn killing, and using latency as an advantage, the game shoots itself in the foot. It limits the player’s choices regarding play-style tremendously, and instead of building on its concept—it stunts its growth. You can’t build a house without a solid foundation.
  65. Nov 27, 2017
    2 months after "operation healt" old bugs are back + new bugs, poor anticheat, a loots of smurf in game. True game looks nice and ubi have nice idea to make game but it's not all... if i will life only from my ideas i will don't life more than one week!!
    **** this and ubi
  66. Dec 2, 2015
    It's basically a glorified version of Counter-Strike with destructible walls and a couple of more gadgets. Which is not a bad thing. Counter-Strike is very popular. However, it is lacking in some key areas. Small number of maps. No dedicated servers. Cannot play vs. your friends. Only 5 v 5.

As professional reviews have stated...this is basically a demo. But my biggest issue is that it is literally 4 times as expensive as Counter-Strike. $60 is laughable for this content.
  67. Dec 1, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. That game is only hardcore gamers and smash the crappy cs;go ,many way to play ,operators, destruction , weapons recoil and many things wchih make that game amazing . Expand
  68. Dec 2, 2015
    I've played all of the Rainbow Six games starting from the first one in 1998. And what comes to multiplayer, this is the best Rainbow Six, ever. Extremely tactical, slow paced thinking (and speaking) man's shooter.

It has practically no single player, so be warned. There is a series of offline tutorials called "Situations" which take about a hour to complete. There's been a lot of

There's been a lot of controversy about micro-transactions, but not really worth the fuss. I bought the standard version, and after 1st day I already had 10 of the 20 operators unlocked. All the Season Pass does, is giving this a bit faster. There is no pay-to-win in this game. And there is absolutely no reason to buy the expensive editions, standard has it all.

All of the future DLC maps and operators will be free (there will be 4 maps and 8 new operators in 2016).

THE GOOD

The MP is intense, addicting, punishing, extremely tactical. It's mostly slow paced, but when the action breaks out, it's sharp and brutal. The game feels fresh, which is not common thing for a shooter.

Without VOIP there isn't much point in this game though. It requires communication and planning. It's not for people who are not willing to instantly talk with strangers, or have 4 friends to squad up with. Fortunately 95% of players on PC have a microphone, and are willing to use it with random people too. You can't coordinate a breach (every wall and ceiling taken down in a timed blast, and whole team busting in) without VOIP. For one thing. VOIP really is mandatory, unlike in some other games.

10 MP maps doesn't sound like much, but they are extremely detailed. There is so much to learn, various routes and intricacies. Everything that looks like it can be taken down, shredded to pieces with gunfire or blown holes into with C4, can be. Almost anything that looks like you can rappel it up/down, can be. No set rappel points.

Still I have to admit, would have wished for a bit more maps at launch. Then would have given it a 10.

THE BAD & AND THE UGLY

It would be a perfect hardcore shooter, but unfortunately there is hit reg problems. Which is not excusable for this sort of game, with no respawns, aiming at competitive gaming.

If they fix that, my score will remain at 9. I'm trusting that they will, since it was specifically promoted as e-Sports game by Ubisoft. If this is not fixed, I will come back and change my rating into a 6. It's not a huge issue for casual play because it doesn't happen all the time, but the game is not ready yet for e-sports.

CONCLUSION

Definitely can be recommended, if classic tactical shooters like SWAT 4 light your fire. This is pretty much like multiplayer-only SWAT 4. But it's not instant gratification shooter like Battlefield or COD. Running around trying Rambo stuff will get you killed in 5 seconds.

Don't buy from Steam, there is plenty of cheaper places, for example G2A.com. I got mine for €35.50. People who are suspicious about G2A, no worries. I've bought 6 CD-keys from there and they all worked perfectly.
  69. Dec 2, 2015
    Wonderful game, not quite as good as teh first few Rainbow games, but MUCH better than the last few crappy ones (Lockdown and Vegas1/2). Oh yeah and the audio and soundtrack are very well done!

The gameplay is top notch, destruction is fantastic addition and the unique cahracter classes are all very well done. The only issue I have is sometimes there are matchmaking issues when looking for a game.

I was not expecting much with this game as I was dissapointed by the last 3 rainbow games, but this game is a ton of fun and a wonderful surprise. It rewards teamwork and communication, grab a few friends and get ready for some great fun! Best Ubisoft game in years and best rainbow six game in ages.
  70. Dec 1, 2015
    The multiplayer is too good! so many ways to breach. Here you have to be very careful since you only have one life. It makes for a whole new gaming experience.
  71. Dec 1, 2015
    Very fun and fresh game for current FPS market, especially as a 5man premade with friends. Epic destruction, geatr graphics, map design, especially sound design. Probably a little overpriced tho.
  72. Dec 2, 2015
    It's very intense and strategic, you have thousands ways to attack or defend which make this game very fun to play. Comunication is everything and all operators are very balanced with their specials skills.
  73. Dec 4, 2015
    Rainbow Six: Siege is a surprisingly entertaining game which brings the classic Tom Clancy series into the modern era in a genre which has been quiet in recent years. This game is by no means perfect with some flaws as expected but Ubisoft have produced a title that fans of the classic genre will certainly enjoy.

Siege is largely a multiplayer team-based game which centers on casual or

Siege is largely a multiplayer team-based game which centers on casual or competitive 5v5 matches on a variety of maps with hostage defence and bomb defusal being the primary objectives. Matches are best of 5 alternating rounds in which you and four others team up in attack and defence. There are only 10 or so maps available but each vary in size and style and as the objective point changes location in each round; everything feels fresh and both sides must work hard on offense and defence. You can also team up with 4 friends against the AI and play out MP scenarios although the dreadfully coded AI leaves a lot to be desired.

The structure of the game surrounds earning XP called Reown points - these can be spent on unlocking operators who each have their own special equipment and loadouts to be used in the field. There are around 16 operators to unlock in the basegame and all differ and can only be selected by one player in each team in the lobby. Reown can also be used to unlock attachments, camo's and other additional customisation elements. Some attack operators can blast through walls, hammer down barricades, bypass traps whereas the defensive operators can use their equipment to counter the opposition with strategically placed traps and positioning. Everything feels well-balanced and the level of customisation is fantastic.

The disappointing aspects of Siege is that there isn't really a worthwhile single player option - you can solo some scenarios as a lone wolf but these aren't very satisfying and can be extremely difficult even on normal difficulty. Other issues surround the poor netcode and typical Ubisoft server reliability. The visuals feel somewhat dated and the mechanics are a bit clunky but despite this; there is plenty of fun to be had without the woes getting in the way. The general controls may lack fluency but at least you feel like you're in control of a tactical operator and not some arcadey Call of Duty character.

Overall; Rainbow Six: Siege rejuvenates the vintage genre and is a worthy successor to the classic games in the series. It demands tactics and teamwork and each match is never the same. The game does have a few issues and perhaps isn't as polished as we would have hoped but nevertheless, it's a good purchase especially if you have dedicated friends to play with. If you are looking for a single player experience, this game is not for you but even if you are a solo player just wanting to jump in casually; it's a easy game to get into and tremendous fun throughout.
  74. Dec 6, 2015
    I fail to understand why Ubisoft took the direction it did. I thought during the Alpha that it was going to become something more. Instead, it seems to follow the direction most FPS out there are going and that is short term investment. Why did games for the PC support 8 player COOP in the past, but not today? I wished they had used the Unreal Engine 4. PC games are like 2nd classI fail to understand why Ubisoft took the direction it did. I thought during the Alpha that it was going to become something more. Instead, it seems to follow the direction most FPS out there are going and that is short term investment. Why did games for the PC support 8 player COOP in the past, but not today? I wished they had used the Unreal Engine 4. PC games are like 2nd class citizens now. We get ports, and everyone knows how well Ubisoft makes them. Look at Hawx.

I'm not spending 60 dollars on a game with such limited content, no dedicated servers, and a MP only focus. It's pure laziness on the developers side, and like Activision it is a stab at the PC community to force us to play the way they want us to play. In the words Jay Wilson, "You are having fun incorrectly."

I've waited over a decade for a true sequel to the original R6 series. Takedown: Red Saber could have been that had it not played like abandonware from day one.

If Ubisoft really cared about the Tom Clancy series they would have taken a look at GroundBranch.
  75. Dec 1, 2015
    Le meilleur des jeux Rainbow ! J'attendais impatiemment sa sortie et je ne suis pas déçu du tout !
    Mes pics préférés sont Sledge, Thermite, IQ, Bandit.
  76. Dec 6, 2015
    I was expecting a standalone game as Rainbow Six Vegas had an excellent single player campaign, but i guess those days are long gone ever since companies like Ubisoft and R* have started a new trend of micro transactions which focuses less on game play and more on grabbing the money from gamer. Disappointing !
  77. Dec 1, 2015
    I will be honest. I really dislike Ubisoft. Like, I actually find the joke "Why is EA the worst company in the US? Because Ubisoft is in Europe" funny. I have also no "Rainbow Six fandom" to speak of, nor do I even remotely enjoy Counter Strike. Now, with all that out of the way let me get to the review.

I started playing in the Open Beta. I was hooked. I normally don't buy games, this one I actually ended up buying. The game offers so many moments you can remember the next day, clutch saves, lucky snipes and the lot. You feel like you're actually doing something, instead of mindlessly shooting everything that moves.

The game feels very balanced, and the developers are actually listening to the community. They have laid out a roadmap of what's to come in 2016, new operators, new maps and it's going to be completely free. Coming from a LoL player that is still playing because of how competitive the game is, I feel like this is going to be in similar fashion.

Some people I see are whining about how you have to unlock Operators and all that, which is absolute **** There are 20 operators in the game. After doing the tutorials and situations, which are singleplayer content, I ended up with 7800 Renown. Which allows me to unlock 2 Operators from each of the 5 CTU'S for a total of 10. So with about 2.5 hours of playtime, I unlocked half of the Operators. I think that is beyond fair, in fact I'm quite shocked. I feel like I am at no disadvantage whatsoever.

The game feels great. You can get it for 30$ and in my honest opinion, that's a good deal. I can't wait to get back into it.
  78. Dec 4, 2015
    Ok, let's start with the cons and get those out of the way.
    1 - The game should have a single player campaign. Not that the game needs single player, but because one is entitled to it when paying full price for a game. So, campaign or lower price.
    2 - The player ping is sometimes a bit high when the game match-makes for you. 3 - The graphics could definitely be better. There, those are
    Ok, let's start with the cons and get those out of the way.
    2 - The player ping is sometimes a bit high when the game match-makes for you.
    3 - The graphics could definitely be better.
    There, those are the cons as I see them, on to the positives:
    The game is real good ol' fun! Tactical FPS at its best. If you liked the classic Rainbow 6, Rogue Spear series you will feel right at home. The feel when moving around in the game is actually quite similar to the classic RB6 titles. Also, the new mechanics with breakable walls etc, have been implemented really well. They add to the experience instead of becoming gimmicky and unnecessary. There is really not much more to say, try it out and I'm sure you'll have fun.
  79. Dec 1, 2015
    A good FPS online game,the maps are really well designed,every maps offers lots of ways for players to go,enemy can come from all directions.It looks like a pro version of Counter Strike.Multiplayer and terrorist hunt are fun and challenging,the AI has improved a lot from the beta.And Ubisoft said that there will be a lot of free DLC.But the game really need a single player campaign,everyA good FPS online game,the maps are really well designed,every maps offers lots of ways for players to go,enemy can come from all directions.It looks like a pro version of Counter Strike.Multiplayer and terrorist hunt are fun and challenging,the AI has improved a lot from the beta.And Ubisoft said that there will be a lot of free DLC.But the game really need a single player campaign,every rainbow 6 has a campaign...And the server is pretty bad,ran into loading bugs or lagging problems sometimes.Love all the operators in the game,each of it is unique and have cook gadgets,make everyone in the team really have something to do.Best destrucible environment in gaming I have ever seen.In it's current state,this game is lack of content for sure,needs more mode,more maps and more weapons,.Hope that they can come up with new DLC soon. Expand
  80. Dec 1, 2015
    I wasn't even planning to play this game. Then I gave the open beta a shot and I was hooked. Such an interesting multiplayer - constant mind games, constantly tricking the opponent. This isn't a call of duty zerg rush to win game, this is a tactical shooter that encourages teamwork. Really amazing graphics and sound.

I am very impressed Ubisoft and the dev team behind this game. A

I am very impressed Ubisoft and the dev team behind this game. A solid game that I will play for a long time.
  81. Dec 5, 2015
    no campaign no co-op campaign just multiplayer and small co-op terror hunts NOT worth the money.
    I think you are better off waiting till the price hits rock bottom like £5 in the bargain bin.somthing tells me that wont be long.
  82. Dec 2, 2015
    This is a very strategic and sophisticated shooter with destructable environments and a focus on teamwork (not nearly as fun without cooperating on headsets). The atmosphere and tension is great and the operators you can play as are unique with their own cool skills and gadgets. There will be more content added over the next year so I'm not bummed like some critics are. The gameplay isThis is a very strategic and sophisticated shooter with destructable environments and a focus on teamwork (not nearly as fun without cooperating on headsets). The atmosphere and tension is great and the operators you can play as are unique with their own cool skills and gadgets. There will be more content added over the next year so I'm not bummed like some critics are. The gameplay is fresh and the want to stay alive is even higher and the gunfights are that much more intense. Love it. Only cons are some bugs/glitches that need to be fixed but overall its a worthy installment in the series. Expand
  83. Dec 7, 2015
    Rainbow Six Siege take many points from other first person shooters that have grown to dominate the market, while also putting it's own twist on things. While the game is limited in modes, there are many operators, guns, and customization options to satisfy. It's how the game relies on tactical gameplay that sets it apart from other games and that's why the game is very fun to play andRainbow Six Siege take many points from other first person shooters that have grown to dominate the market, while also putting it's own twist on things. While the game is limited in modes, there are many operators, guns, and customization options to satisfy. It's how the game relies on tactical gameplay that sets it apart from other games and that's why the game is very fun to play and worth a purchase. Expand
  84. Jan 3, 2016
    Smokescreen, failure to synchronize, error codes, random crash & disconnects, I cannot give the game any other notation because I can't actually play the game.
  85. Jan 3, 2016
    Shooda,Wooda,Cooda. I video game is only as good as its weakest link. In This case it has nothing to do with the great gameplay this game offers but instead its poor netcode and server stability.

What good is an online only game if you can't connect to a server.
  86. Jan 3, 2016
    I was playing this game over 60 hours and now i have deinstall the technical broken piece of software. The gameplay can have make fun but currently the issue to big and cant anymore be to ignored.

The Matchmaking is broken and Matches doesnt starting and stucking in perma loading screen. This two bugs a now over 8 days and no patches realeased for fixing. Another problem is the game

Another problem is the game dont have Anti cheat protection and i see many cheaters in this game.
  87. Jan 12, 2016
    Not fun. Made for snark marks but tom Clancy forgot that there's more to a game than guns and camos. Go check out MGS or Arkham Knight. This is for the boys that like to throw money in the trash for the fun of it.
  88. Dec 3, 2015
    This game is childish and non-realistic. And for me it has nothing to do with famous classical Rainbow Six series. Let me explain some details about it. My personal opinion about single-player (I understood, that the game is probably targeting the multiplayer), what I don't like in this game:
    - the atmosphere completely lost. I didn't feel like I am on a dangerous and important missions anymore. The mission in a plane gave me chills of nostalgia at first time I see it. But then, it came to nothing. The game is absolutely empty;
    - terrorists stay on their points and wait while you find them like dummies in the SWAT playground. Great, that's what I expect of Rainbow Six series;
    - terrorists shout about their actions loud, just I can kill them easily: "Reloading!", "Move to intercept". One of them shouted: "Hostile spotted!", just before shooting at me, and that gave me time to kill him first. Thanks!
    - one player campaign is dull, uninteresting and remind me of some bad B-movie;

And more, and more. Just don't want to talk about this game anymore. Judge by yourself.
  89. Dec 1, 2015
    One of the best FPS shooters of this year. It is a little slow paced and requires you to think before doing anything. A little service crashes happen sometimes, but still it will e resolved in near future
  90. Dec 1, 2015
    There simply is not enough game here to warrant the price. As a huge fan of both rainbow six vegas games ((And all their respective DLC content)), I feel extremely disappointed. This game consists of 11 maps in its entirety. Their content roadmap states they will be adding 4 more over the next year. So sometime by Christmas Next year, there will be 15 Maps. ((MAYBE.))

It is no

It is no coincidence that the ability to select game modes is hidden under different UI than any other FPS would ever have utilized. The Developers are clearly trying to stretch what little content they have as far as possible. This is shameful.

What game is there is certainly nice. The guns are nothing particularly amazing, but passable. The explosives are enough to illicit some tactical play. Nothing here hasn't been done before, better, Elsewhere. For a game with so little, Ubisoft then has the nerve to put in a cash shop, for boosters and skins. In case you weren't getting all of the limited content fast enough, and so they can churn out more recycled garbage.

The AI feels no different than it did in Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Released in 2008 with:
    12 maps, 4 DLC maps
    A Full Campaign.
    Extensive character Customization

The Maps themselves do not feel NEARLY as exciting as those in Vegas 2. We were going through neon sign graveyards, Bright, loud casinos, of various makes, a whole construction zone for CQB training, Oil refineries, Trainyards....I had the most fun on a shooter I'd had up until that point. I was hoping to recover some of that, but the wind is right out of my sales.

In Closing, This game is a major disappointment to any Vegas fan who expected more.
  91. Dec 4, 2015
    R6 Siege, as a tactical multiplayer game, is actually pretty fun. However, the distinct lack of weapon customizations as well as lack of maps make this a somewhat lackluster game. Add in the fact this game does not have the single player campaign the Rainbow Six series is known and lauded for, and you come out with a fun game but one that is not worth it's current price point. I recommendR6 Siege, as a tactical multiplayer game, is actually pretty fun. However, the distinct lack of weapon customizations as well as lack of maps make this a somewhat lackluster game. Add in the fact this game does not have the single player campaign the Rainbow Six series is known and lauded for, and you come out with a fun game but one that is not worth it's current price point. I recommend holding off until you can get this at a price point under $40. Expand
  92. Dec 1, 2015
    Finally a good solid cooperative fps game. It must have teamwork. Not just run and shoot like almost every fps games in the recently market. The graphics are ok. Great optimization on PC. The sound is astounding and a very important key to victory. Anyway, I am enjoying so much this game, not because it's perfect, it is not. But like I said, the fps market was having a lack of games like this.
  93. Dec 1, 2015
    I am extremely surprised and disappointed with this game. After a year and a half the game is only what was shown at E3 2014, no improvements whatsoever, why it took so long to finish is beyond me.

There is no story mode, only multiplayer, and no option to have AI teammates. The game is extremely limited. I was expecting it to be a modern version of rainbow six vegas 2, but instead you cannot select the mode, map or any details of terrorist hunts, it just cycles between different modes and maps. I prefer terrorists hunts and miss the day where you could play just that and pick your map and vary the amount of enemies, but no longer.

Likewise the pvp aspect also goes between different game modes. They completely eliminate the ability to make your own choices in this game. And for any mode you no longer have your own character, you only purchase specific characters which are limited to a few weapons. So you can spend currency upgrading a weapon but might not be able to use that weapon unless you're the first to select that character.

There are a lot of glitches in the game too, which with no changes to the game in a year I don't see how they havent fixed these big mistakes. Including seeing an enemy AI through a doorway and shooting them 15 times and it doesnt register any of the shots. Also for costing $60 MSRP (which im regretting the $30 I paid for it) the game acts much more like a free to play with all of the micro transactions to unlock guns and weapon skins.)

Connection issues: Assume this is a start up problem but while matchmaking only 1/4 searches finds matches, usually youll connect and then the host will leave and it kicks you out or it just stops searching after 8 seconds and brings you back to menu.

The only good I see from this game is that when selecting graphics options it explains exactly what all options does, which would be really good for any non-pc expert.

TL;DR This game is a huge disappointment, and Ubisoft has proven once again to be a terrible dev company.
  94. Dec 2, 2015
    Reminds me of my young ages when i was playing competitive 5v5 on cs 1.6. Finally something to give me the same feel. Great game, didn't have any problems with it in the first two days. Connecting everytime, no renown bug which i encountered only in the beta. Overall an extremely good game
  95. Dec 2, 2015
    When I played the open Beta I was surprised at how fresh the gameplay was. The last couple of years have been over crowded with COD clones and every developer seems to be copying COD. For what its worth Modern Warfare 1 was the best in my honest opinion. Anyway back to Rainbow Six. I played the original games on PC years ago and this was a pleasant surprise. Though it doesn't have singleWhen I played the open Beta I was surprised at how fresh the gameplay was. The last couple of years have been over crowded with COD clones and every developer seems to be copying COD. For what its worth Modern Warfare 1 was the best in my honest opinion. Anyway back to Rainbow Six. I played the original games on PC years ago and this was a pleasant surprise. Though it doesn't have single player elements to it, its all multiplayer. In my books thats not good. You need to be able to play a story mode. there has to be more to each level than just attacking and protecting, even if there was just a cut scene that you can watch.
    At first the games design is all based around attacking and defending, then unlocks, each particular attacker and defender have certain abilities. All the content that people complain about not being there is in fact there in the form of cutscenes for each character that you unlock. And well the 11 maps and then thats it. But the gameplay is very good. So good you will come back to it again and again. They say future updates will release more maps and characters to unlock, which in turn will just increase the longevity. Thats is true . Bit I can't help feeling disappointed towards the lack of single player missions. Even the single player situations for some reason don't run at the same frames per second in multiplayer than it does in the single player missions. Leaving controls and movement feeling laggy. Plus the AI is atrocious. Its just shoot the moving target and so on. No fun there. Anyway all in all, this game is fun for the basic element that it focuses on. The graphics are good when you are playing multiplayer and most importantly if you have a team that communicates its worth the purchase. Because each round will last a lot long if you work together rather than going lone soldier. 8/10
  96. Dec 3, 2015
    After like 6 hours of playing this game, Rainbow Six Siege is pretty much meant for PC because most people who played this game on console might be go a little reckless without teamwork and strategy, plus the netcode is a bit poor in this since it's ubisoft who tend to rush their games now.
  97. Dec 2, 2015
    I like the gameplay, the graphic, the atmosphere and so on...

I dislike that there's no really team play. Sometimes... but not always.
    And, if you watched the E3 trailer you will see, that there was AGAIN (Watch Dogs) a graphic downgrade

Whatever, in general, I've got my fun with this game. And playing this game with friends is even better.

Everybody should buy this game ;)
  98. Dec 2, 2015
    Great game. It requires ultra-fast reaction, weapon-handling skill and brains to use destruction and your gadgets properly. Btw, the destruction is super good. Way better than in bf bad company 2 or bf3 close quarters. The balance is pretty good too. Yeah, there are a few bugs, but i hope they will be fixed in near future and I believe that this game will be a great addition toGreat game. It requires ultra-fast reaction, weapon-handling skill and brains to use destruction and your gadgets properly. Btw, the destruction is super good. Way better than in bf bad company 2 or bf3 close quarters. The balance is pretty good too. Yeah, there are a few bugs, but i hope they will be fixed in near future and I believe that this game will be a great addition to collections of fps-lovers and cybersport events. Expand
  99. Dec 3, 2015
    Obviously reviews are essentially opinions and often not focused on the game itself but rather what players wanted/expected/demanded. Ubisoft sold RSS as a new style of RS game - one focused on just multiplayer. On that front this game delivers. It's unlike and FPS out there and very compelling. It does require tactics, logic and teamwork when playing other human teams. The AI is notObviously reviews are essentially opinions and often not focused on the game itself but rather what players wanted/expected/demanded. Ubisoft sold RSS as a new style of RS game - one focused on just multiplayer. On that front this game delivers. It's unlike and FPS out there and very compelling. It does require tactics, logic and teamwork when playing other human teams. The AI is not perfect, but much better than I expected.

I don't find the content limited - there are 20 maps I think and 3 modes (hostage, bomb, kill all) when playing Terrorist Hunt. There are many Operators to choose from and there is no grinding. You can get more than 6000 points just by completing the single player training Scenarios. This can unlock and fully equip 3-4 operators.

There is no pay to win element at all. Micro transaction are limited to skins and boosters.

This is a straightforward focused team based FPS that stands on it's own. I'm glad I bought it.
  100. Dec 7, 2015
    Team play with family or friends is awesome fun. High quality online multiplayer only. No campaign. R6 is a solid performer, while not trying to be everything to everyone. I love it.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 3, 2016
    An excellent and innovative breath of fresh air. The more I play, the more I like. I hope this is new role model for shooters to come. [Jan 2016]
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 4, 2016
    Siege’s multiplayer mode with its hectic pace and unpredictability seems to have a huge e-sport potential but with random teammates is often unplayable. [01/2016, p.52]
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Jan 20, 2016
    Unfortunately, there aren’t that many maps available, but each one of them has lots of details and alternate routes, like basements and balconies. Even the airplane is much more complex than the archetypical “long tube with seats.” [Issue#205, p.48]