7.1

1. Sep 9, 2020
    A bit lite being just slightly in control of an RC-car, that only have full inputs in all directions.. except forward that it goes full speed ahead until it hits a wall and turns around, going full speed the other way.
    The only thing the game have in common with skateboarding is the inclusion of a few pro skaters.. and skateboards that take the role of the stampeding RC-car.
    It's a

It's a game that were mildly amusing 20 years ago.. and now looks quite damn good, while feeling insanely old. (like me)
    Half of the tricks looks like crap still.. not sure if they used the old ones to get the retro feel, or if they are just incompetent.
    Yes I finished the game enough to get to use the idiot Jack Black.. and by that time I already felt quite finished with the game.
    The soundtrack haven't aged well either i had to turn every damn song off after hearing them all.

If I got value for the money? Maybe.. as I spent quite some time trying to find what used to be fun.. but didn't find it.
  2. Mar 12, 2021
    Hits you right in the nostalgia bone correctly... but doesn't do much more after that. I bought this game to play online but the only people that play online now are those that can hit 10million combos, making it very hard as a casual. After beating both 1 & 2 i'm satisfied with the gameplay but i dont see myself playing it anymore until i get nostalgic about it again in 5 years+

Generally favorable reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 23, 2020
    The genre-defining extreme sports game ollies from the past to present, and sticks the landing.
  2. Sep 22, 2020
    After some missteps in later incarnations, the remaster of THPS 1+2 returns the game to its strong roots, providing the addictive mixture of challenge and fun that will keep people coming back to shred for a long time.
  3. Sep 14, 2020
    It is pretty clear to me that Activision wanted to make the purest remaster that they could while still bringing the quality of life changes that everyone deserved in 2020. In my personal opinion, this is the best title of the year, especially with the fact that I can play it at a constant 60FPS with my 2700x and 2080 and it is as smooth as butter. There are fast load times and even smoother bail transitions which allow you to get right back into the action faster.