6.8

1. CKelley
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lets just say theres a reason its so cheap. Its a knock off of Bethesdas work through and through. Take the setting of oblivion, take out the cool characters, take half of morrowinds equipment, and throw in a bit of fable 1 combat and you get this mutilated baby. Only buy if you happen to have some change in your pocket that you dont want
  2. RaxBlack
    Dec 6, 2009
    If you find this game in the sale bin and are willing to look past the fact that it is not everything you wanted in an RPG pick it up and give it a play. However, be warned that the voice acting in this game is a joke and only good if you have a sense of humor. Then there are the bugs. Its nothing game breaking but it does destroy the experience. The biggest one that comes to mind is the If you find this game in the sale bin and are willing to look past the fact that it is not everything you wanted in an RPG pick it up and give it a play. However, be warned that the voice acting in this game is a joke and only good if you have a sense of humor. Then there are the bugs. Its nothing game breaking but it does destroy the experience. The biggest one that comes to mind is the end of the game, the end cut scene was missing a good chunk of the voice overs. So all in all this game proves that the game designers "It's all about gameplay" theory is totally wrong. Expand
  3. Sep 20, 2015
    I thought I'd give this game a try even though plenty seem to find it terrible and unfortunately I have to agree.
    This game is very outdated with ugly graphics and atrocious voice acting. Nothing managed to grab me and want to keep playing, story seems boring and cliche
    I normally try to play a game for at least 10 hours before writing a review, but the voice acting immediately put me off, sounds very robotic with no emotion behind the words, sounds like someone is bored and just reading the lines half heartedly straight off the bat.
    The default controls are horrible as well, space for action and e for jump.

At least you can change it. Though I could not map shift to anything at all and trying to map the tilde key just resulted in opening a dialogue function.

Character creation is extremely limited, you can only play as a male and change his hair and features a tiny bit.

I do not need to play much at all to decide that I really hate playing this game. It's terrible in every way. Talking to NPC's is like a form of torture, listening to dialogue that sounds like someone is very bored makes me want to mute the sound.

A waste of time to play such a bad game when there are heaps better games I can spend my time playing.

But if you feel the need to give it a try maybe get it on a sale. But to me this game is not worth playing even if it was free.
    It is not a joy for me to play at all.
  4. EricE.
    Mar 7, 2008
    Pros: Gorgeous graphics. Cons: Bad voice acting, bad cut scenes, too easy to get yourself into trouble with the townsfolk and killed, horrible control scheme.
  5. Jun 30, 2014
    I got TW and TW II in a GoG package sale super cheap. I've played through the game, but didn't bother with completing every side quest. It really wasn't worth the effort to bother and I really only played it because I wanted to go into TW II having played the first game and it came with it.

This is a horrible game. The interface is clunky, the voice acting is Resident Evil level awful, and the graphics are dated and inconsistent. The rendered cut-scenes look worse than the actual game does, and that's saying something.

That said, it's not the worst way you could spend your time, but just about any other open world RPG would be better. The lack of quality leads to some amusing moments, but it's not really enough to make up for how bad this game is. It's also not particularly difficult and once the main campaign is over, the game ends.

You're much better off with something like Elder Scrolls or Divinity, but if you've burned yourself out on those games and are looking for something to scratch the open world RPG itch and don't mind a heavy amount of cheese, this is awful if you get it cheap. You might enjoy it in an 'it's so bad it's good' kind of way, but don't expect more than that out of it, and be prepared to deal with the awkward interface and frustratingly flighty enemies and poor ranged combat.

Melee works fine, bows are useless, and spells are largely only good for stopping fleeing or kiting enemies so you can run up and smack them with a melee weapon. Weapons can be swapped and there are multiple hot bars, but even those are a little awkward to use. Not to the point that they don't work.

The sequel is far better, but the events of this game happen just previous to TW II. You don't need to play this to enjoy the far superior sequel, but you'll probably get a little more out of TW II if you have.

If you can get it super cheap, blow through it with some cheat commands before playing TW II. Powering through the main quest doesn't take that long. Otherwise I really can't recommend it. It's not unplayable or devoid of fun, but lacks any sort of polish and is riddled with minor bugs. I've yet to run into anything game breaking and most are graphical in nature.

Get it cheap, and even then only if you've tired of better games of the same type and/or are looking to play Two Worlds II with more insight on the lore of the game's setting. Even then it's best to just cheat God-mode yourself and blow through the campaign without worrying much about the various side quests.

Pretty much skip it unless you're a hardcore fan of this type of game and are willing to put up with it's many, many flaws.
  6. MattiasG.
    Mar 8, 2008
    I was really disappointed in this game i spent the time to install it and then found that despite having all the requirements to run the game it would crash after the introduction. Naturally i went through the troubleshooter walkthroughs and tried to fix any issues my machine might cause with it when that didn't work i tried deleting the game and reinstalling. This time it would I was really disappointed in this game i spent the time to install it and then found that despite having all the requirements to run the game it would crash after the introduction. Naturally i went through the troubleshooter walkthroughs and tried to fix any issues my machine might cause with it when that didn't work i tried deleting the game and reinstalling. This time it would crash on the opening screen. After looking at the forums and seeing other customers complaints and seeing that questions were unanswered by the company that produced the game i gave up on it. Take my advice dont buy it. Any game that doesn't work isn't worth the time and money I put into trying to get this to work. Expand
  7. J.B.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Very disappointing. Set on difficulty, critters in the starting area can one-shot kill you. Combat is difficult, unintuitive, and frustrating. Animals in the world scale to your level so you never really feel like you
  8. thisdude
    Dec 3, 2007
    Tbh... I have never been so put off a game than I have with two worlds. Obviously in games things aren't what you expect them to be but Two Worlds just takes it to a whole new level and then defecates all over the place. It is simply the worst game I have ever played.
  9. DrewN.
    Oct 5, 2007
    Yet another european RPG with horrible voice acting, cheesy soundtrack, and inept combat animations. The long and seemingly unending dialogue in the beginning of the game had me reaching for the ESC button. I gave it a Four (and not lower) as I intend to pick it back up sometime later, and after I get over my initial anger at paying full price for what seems t be yet another POS from Yet another european RPG with horrible voice acting, cheesy soundtrack, and inept combat animations. The long and seemingly unending dialogue in the beginning of the game had me reaching for the ESC button. I gave it a Four (and not lower) as I intend to pick it back up sometime later, and after I get over my initial anger at paying full price for what seems t be yet another POS from across the sea. As for comparisons to Oblivion, initial impression - the game doesn't even come close. Verdict? Addicts of the RPG genre, buy it when its on the bargain shelf or used. If you're not nuts about RPG's, give it a pass unless someone gives it to you, and even then only play it with you've naught else to play. Expand
  10. DaveW.
    Aug 25, 2007
    The graphics are average, and there isn't much in the way of art direction. How people can rate this above even a 5 is beyond me. The gameplay is lacking, the environment dull, and the story boring. In short, a generic RPG that doesn't even compare to most lesser titles in the genre.
  11. BillM.
    Sep 16, 2007
    No LAN support!!!! Terrible art, graphics technology, sound, voice-acting, performance, combat-mechanics, no first-person combat... If they hadn't have compared this game to Oblivion, it might have been acceptable, but they raised the bar too high and have crippled themselves. I'm so disappointed in this game that I'm blacklisting the developer.
  12. Dec 7, 2010
    Poor Graphics, poor audio, pure failure. This game hits the nail on the head of 'Glitch' and corrodes depressively by trying too hard to concept so differently in comparison of other Role-Playing Games. The Complete misconception consists of unrealism by enabling the ability to forge an item with another item of it's self, in a combination of greater power. Overall, The game exceeds anPoor Graphics, poor audio, pure failure. This game hits the nail on the head of 'Glitch' and corrodes depressively by trying too hard to concept so differently in comparison of other Role-Playing Games. The Complete misconception consists of unrealism by enabling the ability to forge an item with another item of it's self, in a combination of greater power. Overall, The game exceeds an outstanding 10/10 for bug exploration. Expand
    May 13, 2007
    Disappointingly it's almost an exact copy of Oblivion just far worse in every aspects.
  14. RomeoL.
    Sep 2, 2007
    Realistically, this is a very "boring" game, by boring, I mean everything is very standard, but with a few negative points to drag even the standard quality down. The repetitive "stylish" melee attacking swing, you don't go and does your Kung fun move in killing a wild pig don't you? One could argue, Oblivion and other RPG also have a fixed attacking movement, so why didn
  15. AnonymousMC
    Jan 7, 2008
    Couldn't last more than 3 hours. Game crashes often (that is, if you succeed in making it work in the first place - as of 2008-01-07). For the quality of graphics, I find the game a little slow. I was disappointed to find that you can't play the main storyline in multiplayer mode. I'd like to be a little more thorough, but my patience has limits.
  16. BruceM.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Probably one of the worst RPGs I've played. The graphics are below average and the sound quality is very poor. Character generation? What character generation? Combat is about the only thing I did like in this game. Especially when you are on horseback, not to many games offer this method of combat.
  17. FredD.
    Jul 24, 2008
    Awful game, the voice acting made me want to hit myself with a spanner. The game itself is very buggy and the combat is awful - ones first experience of a game should not be of small creatures that can kill you in a hit.
  18. DanO.
    Oct 10, 2009
    I bought a legitimate copy of this game and it installed, but won't run because it claims "This version of the game cannot be run in your location". I bought a US copy of the game and I'm in Boson, USA. So now I'm out of luck... can't play the game.. support are unhelpful.. i'm out of money. DO NOT BUY!
  19. Anonymous
    Dec 14, 2007
    What the hell just happened? The voice acting sounds like it was done by hobos with DOWN syndrome. The character is cross eyed. The peasants bitch slap you for a one shot kill after getting in the way of my fighting. The sword fighting looks like a haphazard attempt at re-creating a seizure and the enemies are nothing but annoying. I mean honestly, I sat for a good minute, kicking dirtWhat the hell just happened? The voice acting sounds like it was done by hobos with DOWN syndrome. The character is cross eyed. The peasants bitch slap you for a one shot kill after getting in the way of my fighting. The sword fighting looks like a haphazard attempt at re-creating a seizure and the enemies are nothing but annoying. I mean honestly, I sat for a good minute, kicking dirt back and forth with some bandits; with the animations on the "dirty trick" move it looks like a faggoty little dance party. I walked up to a boar and died for no reason. I was riding a horse, fell through a level, and died for no reason. Next time "Reality Pump" why don't you just shit in my mouth? It tastes better, is edible, warm, free and makes for great shocker videos on the internet. Expand
  20. TonyW.
    Dec 26, 2007
    Two Worlds has, bar none, the worst voice acting I have ever heard. Their feeble attempts at making things sound more "fantasy-ish" with words like "'twas" and "thee" and "thou" ends in disaster. It's laughable for about 30 seconds and after that you're ready to throw your computer/console out the window. Turning voices off is the only relief. Once the NPC's and your Two Worlds has, bar none, the worst voice acting I have ever heard. Their feeble attempts at making things sound more "fantasy-ish" with words like "'twas" and "thee" and "thou" ends in disaster. It's laughable for about 30 seconds and after that you're ready to throw your computer/console out the window. Turning voices off is the only relief. Once the NPC's and your character (who you can't tailor very much - name, gender and race is already decided for you) shut up it makes for a decent gaming experience. Once you get used to the unresponsive control scheme, frustrating combat and odd animations that make your avatar look like he's in diapers, that is. Don't get me wrong - it really *is* decent but the polish just isn't there. You can tell from a mile off that this game was made with the best intentions but it fell short due to half hearted efforts. Bear in mind, though, that only the most stricken RPG fans (like me) will put up with this game for more than five minutes. The first little tutorial fight and the cutscenes during the intro is enough to make even the hardiest Tekken grinder cry. All in all I give it a 3. It doesn't deserve that much, actually, but again - it was decent. Expand
  21. TonyM
    Sep 27, 2008
    Appalling game to be honest, the voice acting feels like flossing your brain with razor-wire, the combat revolves around smashing the relevant button like someone possessed until the relevant bad guy is dead and you are quite likely to be killed by a boar for some reason. And don't get me started on the magic, which seems entirely incapable of killing anything until most of the way Appalling game to be honest, the voice acting feels like flossing your brain with razor-wire, the combat revolves around smashing the relevant button like someone possessed until the relevant bad guy is dead and you are quite likely to be killed by a boar for some reason. And don't get me started on the magic, which seems entirely incapable of killing anything until most of the way through the game. A thoroughly unenjoyable experience. Expand
  22. ZozoR
    Nov 2, 2009
    Use a frustrating Morrowind inventory (WITHOUT splitting it in those 3 parts weapons, armour, magic), copy and paste a little Oblivion environment along with confusing character movement (instead of facing the enemy when backpedal, HE - because you cannot play as SHE - turns his back to his enemy!!!) and you'll have Two Worlds.Voice acting is at best cheesy, close combat is lame, Use a frustrating Morrowind inventory (WITHOUT splitting it in those 3 parts weapons, armour, magic), copy and paste a little Oblivion environment along with confusing character movement (instead of facing the enemy when backpedal, HE - because you cannot play as SHE - turns his back to his enemy!!!) and you'll have Two Worlds.Voice acting is at best cheesy, close combat is lame, range combat is awful and frustrating and alchemy when it's not confusing, it is bugged (you mix 2 items for protection and get an item that gives you damage in %).You have TOO many ingredients with TOO many properties, TOO many pieces of armour named in TOO many ways.Frustrating and tedious in managing them. The skill system along with magic system is confusing or buggy (at level 20 you cannot use spells of a certain school because you're not trained in it even if you've explored around 50% of map).At last but not least after killing the 1001 wolf/boar/bear you'll SURELY get bored.Better play Oblivion nth time from the very start for other 200-300-500 hrs and you'll be FAR more satisfied. PS: I gave it 1 for the idea of improving the gear by using of 2 identical piece of equipment/weapon. Expand
  23. WoxR.
    Nov 11, 2007
    The game sucked. It...it's no good. You can align as you choose. That's one point. It's broken and barely works. Kinda like a blind man with no arms and one leg trying to win a marathon, this game just can't cut it.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 23 Critic Reviews

1. Overall, we were mostly frustrated while playing this game. Chalk it up to a poorly optimized engine, a dull and generic fantasy world, all drawn from an exceedingly overused gameplay concept.
  2. PC Gamer UK
    Two Worlds is worth a play, but only if you've exhausted the competition. And invested in ear plugs for when the characters start talking. [Aug 2007, p.88]
    Whilst not groundbreaking, Two Worlds offers some decent fantasy gaming. It's just a shame for the game that there's others out there that do the 'open world' RPG thing better.