8.8

1. Jun 26, 2011
    This is an EXCELLENT game. It is very cheap (only 10$ on steam) and it has a lot of replay value. Unreal is set on the surreal and beautiful planet Na Pali, and the environments range from luscious waterfalls to dark caves. The multiplayer is also fun, and you are able to play with bots. I'd recommend you pick it up (especially if You like older FPS'.)
  2. Nov 9, 2011
    one of my many all time favorites I actually prefer this to UT.(but that seems uncommon) it has a tournament type part to it. but i like the single player story mode just travel through interesting levels and kill monsters. classic stuff.
  3. Jan 1, 2012
    Graphics and soundtrack of this game played in a league of their own, managed to impress easily and sucked you in unreals well designed atmospheric world. Sadly epic never managed to release games this good again. Unreal 2 was a pure dis-appointment.

Remember this game to be at like 93-94 meta-score and user score. Where are all the reviews gone?
  4. Dec 30, 2013
    If you're a fan of games like Quake and Half Life, you need to give Unreal a shot. It's got the same fast paced action with nothing to interrupt it at all, no cutscenes or overuse of scripted events. It's also got a long campaign that'll leave you playing for hours upon hours and the planet Na Pali is the perfect beautiful and atmospheric setting for this game.
  5. Apr 2, 2014
    Great graphics, incredible soundtrack, challenging AI, and no-frills gameplay all come together to create an unparalleled atmosphere that has yet to be matched. And this game's development began in a garage!

This is the game that got me into games so in giving it a 10 I'm giving it a very biased score. But if you enjoy FPS games in the slightest, do yourself a favor... Download the

Download the ultra high-res textures for the best experience.
  6. Apr 12, 2013
    En su tiempo fue una verdadera revolución, Con sus texturas, su ambiente físico, que logró cautivar a muchísimos de nosotros. Hay que destacar que se logra explotar bastante bien su Unreal Engine, Su música acorde a los niveles, una obra maestra. El modo Multijugador se lleva todos los aplausos.
  7. Nov 23, 2012
    One of the most innovative and atmospheric first person shooters ever released. This is a beautiful classic. The amount of effort put into this game must have been astronomical on the developers with how large the levels are, how advanced the AI were for 1998, and the innovative multiplayer game types.
  8. Feb 26, 2017
    Incredible level design. This was the game that demonstrated how levels could be big - really big. The graphics were unmatched for the standards of the day. I would go as far to say that it wasnt until half life 2 that half life really became undisputed champion of FPS's. Because unreal always had half life 1 licked when it came to the graphics engine. Its not as good gameplay wise,Incredible level design. This was the game that demonstrated how levels could be big - really big. The graphics were unmatched for the standards of the day. I would go as far to say that it wasnt until half life 2 that half life really became undisputed champion of FPS's. Because unreal always had half life 1 licked when it came to the graphics engine. Its not as good gameplay wise, but it demonstrated where FPS's were going, and that was a special moment. Hands down better than Quake 2, which is its only real rival really (not including half life). Expand
  9. Aug 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awesome Atmosphere, Sizzling Sound Track, Wicked Weapons and Epic Enemies! That can only scratch the surface when describing Unreal. When the game was originally launched in 1998 I saw all the previews and trailers and couldn't get my head around this game. As soon as you finish the first stage and enter Napali Falls I was in shock and awe at the graphics, scenery which was overflowing with atmosphere. In this day and age of Extreme Graphics engines, Unreal falls behind but back in 1998, Unreal was as about cutting edge as you could get and back when you eyes would bleed rainbows at the power of the Unreal 1 Tech engine, but I feel I must come to a conclusion. This is the best game I've ever played and ill be VERY surprised if a future game can trump this. This is my favorite game of all time. EPIC GAMES .inc i salute you! Expand
  10. Aug 4, 2015
    This game in my opinion has the best and the most effective on player atmosphere FPS game ever! right from the start even on menu, you feel lonely, depressed and scared. graphics is great and all textures colored grey, black and sometimes dark green and blue that helps a lot to create a strange and mysterious atmosphere. also the music is amazing. most of the times with the help of greatThis game in my opinion has the best and the most effective on player atmosphere FPS game ever! right from the start even on menu, you feel lonely, depressed and scared. graphics is great and all textures colored grey, black and sometimes dark green and blue that helps a lot to create a strange and mysterious atmosphere. also the music is amazing. most of the times with the help of great level design and atmosphere puts you in an endless nightmare of being alone among the monsters!
    You will find some PDA during the game usually beside a dead body that with reading it you can feel deep inside how miserable and lonely that guy was before dying.
    I can't say enough about amazing things that happened to me during playing this game.
    You should experience it by yourself!

There are no critic reviews yet.