4.9

1. Jun 4, 2020
    Counter Strike for Mobile Phones. It is a simplistic and more simplified version of CS GO. Game feels clunky and has no speed factor. Shooting in the head is easier. Hero skills are nice and is really great innovation, but overall it is boring to play and watch. Monetisation model is horrible and over the top!
  2. Jun 3, 2020
    valorant has an interesting design, good idea of what shooters can be and a higly anticipated match for a shooter as competitive like csgo so, comparations will be made, great art design, a solid fps foundation, but it falls short in promises such his anti-cheat even with his intrusive vanguard, can be easily noticed cheaters among teams, and not ending the match as it boldlyvalorant has an interesting design, good idea of what shooters can be and a higly anticipated match for a shooter as competitive like csgo so, comparations will be made, great art design, a solid fps foundation, but it falls short in promises such his anti-cheat even with his intrusive vanguard, can be easily noticed cheaters among teams, and not ending the match as it boldly claims, peeker advantage seem much more prominent than other game even with both teams even having the same ping, another promise that valorant did not accomplish, gameplay can feel stiff at times, rounds can depend very much on abilities way too much, some are way too broken, in-game purchases are kinda expensive for what is worth, the game pass is the only purchase that seems reasonable,as for the maps, in short ( all feel like several re-skin versions from the map inferno of csgo) Expand
  3. Jun 4, 2020
    Pros - The GUI, tutorial and training mode is nice.

Con - This Game is really slow and boring, The guns all seam the same. The matches take forever to play.

Very disappointed with all the hype coming in.
  4. Jun 3, 2020
    Clean aesthetics, players highly visible which is perfect for competitive play. Guns are available regardless of attack/defense which is nice. Abilities are interesting but it will take time to see the meta really develop. Buy system isn't punishing, can undo purchases before round start and teammates can request buys which is nice.

Maps leave something to be desired though. Especially

Maps leave something to be desired though. Especially with how much control is given to both teams before round starts, you're left with redundant engagements and it feels as though there isn't much variation in regards to how you can play for map control. Again this could change over time with map updates and how abilities are utilized, but it did leave me a bit unsatisfied.

Expect the AC to not be perfect out of the box, they are "deep learning" just like Valve has been for CSGO. They were dishonest in that regard when initially rolling out this game.
  5. Jun 2, 2020
    3/10 . I feeling empty when playing it . Stupid map designing , unbalance weapon , broken character skills and hitbox . i review after played 2 games with good K/D/A .
  6. Jun 2, 2020
    Seems like a bootleg counter-strike. I honestly don't see it hitting big as it doesn't seem to have anything unique to stand out.
  7. Jun 2, 2020
    If this wannabe-esports-title would be a carbon copy of CSGO, it'd deserve 7 for effort. Because anti-cheat and true free-2-play.

If this wannabe-esports-title would NOT be a carbon copy of CSGO, with better balance, more diverse gameplay and much more humane developers, it'd get 10/10-GOTY-whatever. But something went wrong... It looks like CSGO and feels like CSGO despite trying

But something went wrong...

It looks like CSGO and feels like CSGO despite trying to be as far from CSGO style-wise and gameplay-wise.

Same game mode (because who plays cs_ maps, if you know what I mean).
    Same 2-resps-2-plants-few-sidewalks maps.
    Same items. And no, making grenades part of characters' skills doesn't count as 'different weapons'.
    LESS balance because of characters diversity.
    Broken netcode.
    Intrusive anti-cheat which average user will be unable to disable after exiting the game (because it has rootkit-like anti-anti-cheat protection) - and which will keep guzzling computer's resources.
    No certainity with monetization. It is suspicious nowadays...

The only good things about this game are that it:
    1. Has some chances to break CSGO monopoly,
    2. Fewer cheaters.

Yet another game for streamers.
    A shame. A real shame.
  8. Jun 2, 2020
    Developers should learn the meaning of the word balance. There are not many characters in the game right now and it is very easy to balance them. They stole a lot of good points from CS:GO, but, for some reason I did not understand, they did not steal everything else, and the result was not very good.
  9. Jun 3, 2020
    this game is pretty good but everytime i play this game it feels like im missing something big, it feels empty, if i didn't played the game i would just said that this is just a csgo clone but this game is definitely more, just not enough they could've done so much more. its very early from release so its understandable, if you're expecting something different i wouldn't recommend playingthis game is pretty good but everytime i play this game it feels like im missing something big, it feels empty, if i didn't played the game i would just said that this is just a csgo clone but this game is definitely more, just not enough they could've done so much more. its very early from release so its understandable, if you're expecting something different i wouldn't recommend playing this game. or if you just want to play a 5v5 fps game try it, otherwise check it again out after a few months

i would leave this game a 5/5 but the kernel level for the anti cheat is just a bit much
  10. Jun 3, 2020
    The gameplay was terrible the matchmaking is terrible and the most fun i had was abusing some toxic player.
  11. Jun 2, 2020
    This games feels like brick, its like csgo but with a stick in wheels, and there a hero's, they voice lines will make you cringe, all you need to know about them. 0/10 poor copypasta from other games, and poor realization.
  12. Jun 2, 2020
    Vanguard smashing your computer
    Graphics below the level
    It makes so much company profit, but its riot technology is indie game level.
  13. Jun 2, 2020
    Slow, boring, smooth yet somehow clunky, the guns feel janky, honestly it could have been made better in Gary's mod... I hope they fix it.
  14. Jun 2, 2020
    As a CSGO player with more than 3000 hours on the game that grew tired of the broken state of CSGO, I was excited for Valorant because it was offering a cheater free experience. Sadly, Valorant is absolute garbage and it made me miss getting spin botted on CSGO.
  15. Jun 4, 2020
    what is this? a paladins mixed with counter strike? poor copy of a CS im not going to play a poor game like this, maybe in future with some att I will try this game again...
  16. Jun 3, 2020
    kernel ring 0 AC cant stop cheats, also doesn't uninstall with the game and runs from boot so will kill your fps in other games
  17. Jun 2, 2020
    This game feels sluggish and clunky. It feels like someone has modded a game and released it way too early. Abilities feel meh and weapons feel lackluster. Checked out the skins you can buy to be shocked at how over priced they are. $120 for a set of average looking skins. This doesn't feel like a riot game when you compare it to their beloved League or even newly released polishedThis game feels sluggish and clunky. It feels like someone has modded a game and released it way too early. Abilities feel meh and weapons feel lackluster. Checked out the skins you can buy to be shocked at how over priced they are. $120 for a set of average looking skins. This doesn't feel like a riot game when you compare it to their beloved League or even newly released polished masterpiece card game runeterra. This feels like they hired a bunch of interns, whipped them until the game was barely complete, spat on it a bit and served it to their fanbase. What a steaming pile of **** Expand
  18. Jun 2, 2020
    I was very confused in the first few matches: The game looks and feels completely unfinished, very raw. The animations are a joke, the graphics, the movement, the shaders and textures.. everything reminds me strongly of freeware shooters from 2007.

I expected a refined, fine tuned team based shooter. In reality this is nothing but a paid twitch hype. The games style is very childish,

The games style is very childish, its a Team Fortress ripoff. The menus and settings are very nice and should be like this on every game. But the game itself.. wow. I cant believe people are playing this over ANY other current multiplayer shooter.

I still am doubting that this is the finished product everyone was so hyped about. The maps are TINY, extremely simple, the whole thing feels like a first draft. A proof of concept, made by 3 dudes to show their boss some ideas, using dummy shooter game.
  19. Jun 2, 2020
    I'll summarize it "This is a terrible game " .
    lagging, awful , clunky , boring, feels dead
  20. Jun 3, 2020
    Back to 2008! This game has not brought anything new to the gaming community. She does not have graphics and original gameplay.
  21. Jun 2, 2020
    В принципе игра хорошая производительность превосходная, но магия это уже лишнее, и стоит упростить меню, и сделать визуально отображаемые элементы характеристик оружия. Почему игра на рейтинг доступна только команде из 5 человек, у меня нет возможности собрать такое количество людей, сделайте автодобор команды из таких же людей, иначе приходится играть без рейтинга. Игру удалил, так какВ принципе игра хорошая производительность превосходная, но магия это уже лишнее, и стоит упростить меню, и сделать визуально отображаемые элементы характеристик оружия. Почему игра на рейтинг доступна только команде из 5 человек, у меня нет возможности собрать такое количество людей, сделайте автодобор команды из таких же людей, иначе приходится играть без рейтинга. Игру удалил, так как сливаю, из-за магии. Expand
  22. Jun 2, 2020
    The pure trash. Can't believe that this has been released in 2020. Shame on you Riot.
  23. Jun 2, 2020
    The graphics are ugly, I feel like I'm playing a game from the early 2000s. The game is so slow and not dynamic. In addition it is unbalanced. Lots of noise for not much.
  24. Jun 2, 2020
    It's overall bad, weapon design is hideous, matches too long with repetitive rounds.
  25. Jun 3, 2020
    The game feels like trash, dumbed down version of Counter Strike, it's basically a Chinese rip off to it. Full of cheaters and malware, it will ruin your PC and make other games don't run well.
  26. Jun 3, 2020
    half counterstrike + half overwatch + a little bit anticheat program which players make insane
  27. Jun 3, 2020
    Preface: Interesting as to how Metacritic is being trolled, 118 (as of writing) negative reviews and over 8,000 cheaters banned from beta. There was a rumor in beta that all bans were to be wiped and that cheaters were to be given "another chance". However, that was not the case and they have as of yet, not found a way to spoof HWID to be able to make a new account....

On to the review

On to the review - As someone that has played CS or "tactical shooters" since 2000, I feel I'm in an adequate position to review VALORANT. The game is a fresh coat of paint if you will on a stagnant genre, with its low barrier to entry and interesting twist on "utility" aka agent abilities, it opens the door for some interesting game play.

Other games in recent memory have tried to have their take on tactical shooters (R6 being a prime example) however, the barrier to entry I feel was too high and there was too much to learn for a reasonable competitive environment, not making this friendly for the more casual player. VALORANT does this perfectly, as the saying goes "Easy to play, Difficult to master".

Once ranked is released, this will become even more casual friendly. I played in Beta and unranked was almost exclusively newer players learning the game. Couple that with a successful match making system for ranked, I think that players of all skill levels are able to find fair matches.

The visuals in VALORANT are exactly what a tactical shooter needs, clean, crisp and easily able to spot players. The games aesthetic succeeds in so many ways, its art style doesn't look out of date but its not so texture heavy that only top of the range hardware is able to run the game.

The agent selection and balance currently is in a good spot, there are a few abilities that will need a tweak to bring all agents into a similar power level however, that is the art of game balance and an ever changing meta. Riot have proven thus far during the beta that they are up to the challenge but are not willing to make knee-jerk changes right out of the gate.

Movement in the game feels great, CSGO/CS:Source you feel as if you're on skates. Something about it just doesn't feel right. R6 I can't explain, again, it just doesn't feel right to me. VALORANT seems to nail the feel of movement from CS 1.6.

Bullet registration feels good, very good in fact. Riot's server locations (for me) have not produced anything higher than a 35ms ping, usually 20-25ms. This alone makes the game feel crisp.

My one complaint is the skin prices. I feel Riot has dropped the ball here. I understand that many will still buy skins, heck, I probably will, however, I won't be buying as much as I would if the prices were more reasonable. I hope this is addressed further down the line.

To wrap up, I think VALORANT has the key foundation of being a successful esports title, there are a few missing features that desperately need adding (The observer function isn't that great, Demo recording and a meaningful overtime, sudden death does not cut it). However, Riot has stated they're looking into changing/adding most of these concerns. The games low spec requirements for play are great for an all inclusive community. If/Once Riot address the skin prices and adjust the aforementioned features for esports, perhaps this will earn a 10/10, however, until then, I currently give this game 8/10.
  28. Jun 3, 2020
    I can't really say that i can compare it to CS as I only played CS for like from Beta 0.6 to 1.0 and stopped playing about 15 years ago. But this game is just the right mix of nostalgia and some new fun features for an old dog like me. **** love it. sure the graphics are basic, but wasn't that the hole point? Thats like complaining that cyberpunk will be single player.. If you looking forI can't really say that i can compare it to CS as I only played CS for like from Beta 0.6 to 1.0 and stopped playing about 15 years ago. But this game is just the right mix of nostalgia and some new fun features for an old dog like me. **** love it. sure the graphics are basic, but wasn't that the hole point? Thats like complaining that cyberpunk will be single player.. If you looking for a high graphic game that challenges your pc, this isn't it. If you play CS and think this is the new alternative, that's not it either. If you looking for some fun times in a tactical fun shooter, give it a try. perfect 5/7. Expand
  29. Jun 3, 2020
    I have played the Valorant closed beta over the last 6 weeks so I have quite a few hours in the game so far. Let me be up front in saying that I think an 8.5 score is fair, but I'm trying to balance out the 0 score reviews being left by those who appear to have had enough time to decide the game is trash after a single day of full release.

This game most often gets summarized as "CSGO

This game most often gets summarized as "CSGO style shooting with Overwatch heroes." While I do think this is a great way to describe the game to someone I think it's important to state that it's unique compared to both of these games. If you compare to Overwatch, the style of shooting is vastly different and you're in for a much more tactical feeling shooter. If you compare to CS you're going to complain that the hero abilities are too easy to use and there isn't enough skill involved.

If you're a hardcore CSGO or Overwatch player and all you do is compare Valorant to those games, yes, it's going to feel different. I would argue that's the goal since this is an entirely different game. As well, Valorant has been in full release for a day at this point, so there will of course be some content differences as far as map count, hero count, etc.

From a gameplay perspective I have very much enjoyed Valorant. I am coming from R6 Siege myself. I've thought about getting into CSGO but at this point I don't really have any desire to dedicate myself to a game where other people are already 5k-10k hours ahead of me. I like the short rounds and the round pacing feels good. If you die early you aren't waiting on the sidelines for too long and with a best of 13 format you have plenty of opportunities to try different strategies within a single match.

I think the shooting feels very fair. Rarely do I die and feel as if it was the game's fault or a player had a cheap angle on me. It's always very apparent that I made a mistake and how I could have played it out more successfully.

The graphics are intentionally very basic (or "dated" as some may say) as Riot wanted this game to run on as many systems as possible. I'm not going to fault the game for simple/clean graphics when that is its intent. Visually it's very easy to differentiate targets and see other players which I find very refreshing compared to Siege and the limited time I've spent with CS GO. You don't need to go download an application to crank up your saturation just to see enemy players.

Hero abilities generally feel fair. While there's still balance that needs to happen, none of the agents are in an oppressive state and none are so worthless that picking them is a true death sentence for your team.

Developer engagement with the community has been excellent and they've responded to problems quickly up until this point. I don't think there is much Riot could do to be any more responsive or invested. This bodes well for the life of the game, not to mention their track record with League.

As far as skins and agent grind goes, I believe skins are a bit overpriced. The battle pass feels very fair at $10. I doubt skins will come down in price because it's very evident that people are willing to pay $10-$15 per gun skin.

Over all I have been having a great time with the game. The map pool is small right now but every game feels fresh from my perspective. I think an 8.5/10 is very fair for an initial launch review and I'm looking forward to more content and game modes. Give it a shot if you are looking for a fresh twist on a competitive shooter.
  30. Jun 3, 2020
    The game is good, quite dynamic and fun. Of the shortcomings, I’ll note only bugs and drawdowns (I never encountered them but heard about them), but the game is just starting and I think Riot will fix it. (People who play cs go are more likely to play it, because people said that the valorant will kill Cs go, personally I don’t think so, unless it takes some online). P.s. Sorry for myThe game is good, quite dynamic and fun. Of the shortcomings, I’ll note only bugs and drawdowns (I never encountered them but heard about them), but the game is just starting and I think Riot will fix it. (People who play cs go are more likely to play it, because people said that the valorant will kill Cs go, personally I don’t think so, unless it takes some online). P.s. Sorry for my English, used a translator. Expand
  31. Jun 3, 2020
    Свежий глоток воздуха после cs go ,как же нелепо занижать оценки этой игры из за того что это прямой конкурент cs go
  32. Jun 3, 2020
    Great game! I love it to be honest. What i specificaly like is the agents in valorant, that's the best way and competitive gameplay. Worth a try!
  33. Jun 3, 2020
    Взята стрельба из кс, способности похожи как в Owerwatch , но все же это самостоятельный проект. Он испытывает пару недоработок. Но я верю в разработчиков.
  34. Jun 3, 2020
    Such a fun and loveable game I had a blast when I played the game yesterday i love it
  35. Apr 24, 2022
    Valorant has dethroned CS:GO as the best esport and shooter. Many people like to describe this game as a blend of OW and CS:GO which is quite an unfair comparison. It does have the same search and destroy, economy-based gameplay of Counter Strike and many different agents each with their own abilities to choose from. Valorant's gun-play mechanics are easy to pick up for people new to theValorant has dethroned CS:GO as the best esport and shooter. Many people like to describe this game as a blend of OW and CS:GO which is quite an unfair comparison. It does have the same search and destroy, economy-based gameplay of Counter Strike and many different agents each with their own abilities to choose from. Valorant's gun-play mechanics are easy to pick up for people new to the genre and there is an agent that fits everybody's playstyle. A lot of people feel the game doesn't have enough content (4 maps, 11 agents) which is true, but Riot is constantly adding new characters and maps to the game. Valorant has some charm about it that can't be explained that makes it feel like a fresh experience even though its really just a combination of multiple formulas. This game has been review bombed, so please don't take the user score seriously. Expand
  36. Jun 3, 2020
    Очень даже неплохо. Интересные механики. Заинтересованность разработчиков в улучшении игры. В принципе ,вполне гуд в перспективе. Не такая скучная как CS, не фановая и казуальная как овер(от овера тут разве что стрела ханзо и стенка мей),но и не такая разнообразная пока как R6. Поставил бы 8,но слишком уж занизили кокоэсеры рейтинг опустили. Сравнивать игру с овервотчем - вообще омегалул .Очень даже неплохо. Интересные механики. Заинтересованность разработчиков в улучшении игры. В принципе ,вполне гуд в перспективе. Не такая скучная как CS, не фановая и казуальная как овер(от овера тут разве что стрела ханзо и стенка мей),но и не такая разнообразная пока как R6. Поставил бы 8,но слишком уж занизили кокоэсеры рейтинг опустили. Сравнивать игру с овервотчем - вообще омегалул . К слову для дурачков,которые говорят о воровстве и копирайтер,сначала погладить ,кто над игрой работал.. Там и разрабы из овера и(при этом от первой тут 2 св половиной механики) Expand
  37. Feb 14, 2021
    Game sucks_________________________________________________________________
  38. Feb 4, 2021
    It's CS:GO but worse at everything and microtransactions are 5x the price...
  39. Feb 6, 2021
    It’s bad. Ranking system is not based on skill, but on match make luck. Lost my promo to platinum fame only because 2 out of the 5 people on my team left the game.
  40. Feb 8, 2021
    WOrst matchmaking i ever seen in some game....Trash game like every riots game.
  41. Mar 14, 2021
    Its a competitive game where sprays are RNG and you can jump shot a guy holding the angle. Enough said. Garbage, 0/10.
  42. Dec 26, 2020
    As with Riot's other games, they do nothing to discourage leaving during non-competitive play, therefore your initial experience with the game will be imbalanced teams plagued by disconnects and leaves on either side.

One wonders why they fail to address such a simple issue with some system of deincentivization.
  43. Feb 5, 2021
    The amount they charge for skins is an insult. F2P? No matter. Still an insult. Stay away.
  44. Feb 7, 2021
    already mentioned, great potential but falls short.
    already mentioned, great potential but falls short.
    match making is awful - win rate for me is 24% and usually middle frag. do not invest in this game without friends, solo queuing is a VERY painful experience. the chill modes (spike rush) can be fun, but again MM and they have a golden gun that should be out of the game. also certain agents just wreck this mode. leads me to Riot just won't make some obvious changes to make this game better; especially for casuals. almost 4 seasons and they won't put in a default agent selection for mooseheads who don't want to pick an agent, so these snowflakes and the toxic players make this a big NO-GO for nice friendly people looking for fun.
  45. Feb 6, 2021
    This game is complete trash.
    It's a low-tier chinese CSGO clone that fails at being fun or original.
    The characters are bland, the maps are bland, the... EVERYTHING is bland and uninspired.
    This game was PAINFUL to play (unlike CSGO) and perfectly encapsulates the safe and inoffensive tripe that the CCP is really going for in gaming today. Absolutely forgettable and an easy hard pass.
  46. Feb 15, 2021
    Wanna play Valorant. Okay, 1st find some friends, and then maybe just maybe you'll enjoy this game. The community is so toxic and all are try hards just waiting to get a few kills more than you and start to trash talk.

Pros: 1. Good fun with friends. Cons: 1. Unbalance Agent and Gun Meta. Wanna win buy an Odin LMG and spam until you kill one. 2. Worst Player progression. If you

Pros: 1. Good fun with friends.

Cons:

2. Worst Player progression. If you want to earn some cool things just by playing you have to up to 120000XP points to unlock just one gun skin. One Match gives you around 4000Xp if you are winning. All the gun skins are for pistols.

3. Suck Players up Microtransaction system. If you wanna buy skins for guns 1st you have to buy Extra VP just so you can buy the Bundle then Sped more money on RP another currency you need to upgrade visuals of the guns you just buy for around 60USD Full gun bundle will cost you around 120USD with all Effects unlock. (there is also a 350USD Elder Flams bundle)

3. Worst Battlepass and Progression system. The BP never gives your VP back so you can buy the next one for free. You only get 2 Daily challenges that give you a total of 4000XP. Riot is so greedy they just completely lost the meaning of a battle pass. They just acting like they are the Only FTP game in the Milkyway Galaxy.

4. Worst Map Designs. Icebox is the best example.

5. Riot doesn't give a fuk about player feedbacks.

47. Jun 10, 2021
    Step 1 - Google Valorant Hacks
    Step 2 - Reach Radiant
    Step 3 - Scam some stupid "esports org" thinking this will be the next mainstream competitive game (lol as if) and get paid
    Step 4 - kiss any dignity or self respect goodbye. But at least you're not as incompetent as riot games...
  48. May 28, 2021
    Everything wrong with multiplayer games in one game. 0 is too generous a score.
  49. Jan 28, 2021
    Oynanış: 6/40
    Hikaye: -
    Grafikler: 2/20
    Sesler ve Müzikler: 1/10
    Sonuç: 13/100
  50. Dec 25, 2020
    During the beta the game was truly wonderful, had my doubts about their anticheat, but it was all fine in the end.

After the beta, I got my diamond rank back, was playing normally until my screen turned black. After my screen turned black (apparently my graphics driver somehow got disabled) I had to restart my PC and rejoin the match, we'd lost a round so it was fine, we won it in the

After my screen turned black (apparently my graphics driver somehow got disabled) I had to restart my PC and rejoin the match, we'd lost a round so it was fine, we won it in the end.

The next match during the first round my mouse and keyboard got disconnected (both USB connected) and I couldn't do anything again, waited the whole round afk, I couldn't do anything so I force restarted my pc again.

The next match I got a message in the middle of the screen saying that my antivirus has crashed (Bitdefender), and I couldn't start it again due to the service having been forcefully closed as well, so yes, another restart.

After this restart my keyboard was disconnected mid game (note: this issue with my keyboard / mouse being disconnected mid match was happening in the beta as well, and I had reported it via a ticket and they confirmed to have fixed it, and I didn't change my mouse/keyboard since the beta), so yes, I had to do another force restart mid match.

Some time later I played on discord with several friends, I noticed that they were strangely silent on discord so I asked them ingame if they are there as they weren't responding... apparently they were talking but their discord had frozen for them (they couldn't do anything with it), and of course after they told me that I noticed that my discord was also frozen, and in my case even explorer.exe (program you use to open folders in windows 10) was frozen as well, with the "top bar" being transparent, only the buttons being visible.

I uninstalled the game as I had enough issues with it, and to my surprise ALL of the problems were indeed being caused by the game (or the anticheat).

Yesterday i installed the game again as I was in the mood to play some matches, and to my non-surprise, my system started acting strange again, keyboard / mouse getting disconnected, monitor going blank, steam / discord being forcefully closed or set to a not-responding state, my antivirus crashing, leaving me exposed, just this time I wasn't even given a message that it crashed (thanks for making me browse the web while not being protected @Valorant Team).

TL;DR: I seriously do NOT recommend you install this game.
    The game is fine don't get me wrong, but the anticheat simulates exactly what it feels like to have a severe virus infection.

From the symptoms my system was having, I can only conclude that you MUST uninstall your antivirus from your system.
  51. Jan 5, 2021
    I've been playing this game since beta phase, in April/May. I'm a veteran in FPS shooters, having 1k+ hours of TF2, 1.5k+ hours in csgo and so on. So here, I can tell that I know how to shoot, move, think and play a fps game.

During the beta, this game was promissing. Matches was fun, netcode was somewhat satisfying, everything seemed to work well. But then, surprisingly 2 weeks after the beta ends (yes, 2 weeks) came the disaster, I mean, the real game.

This is by far the worst popular FPS ever made. Seriously. The worst. I can tell it now that I have a huge ammount of hours on it playing through the ranks (currently Diamond3). I've tried real hard to keep on the game, but I just can't.

Community is toxic. By toxic I mean TOXIC. It's the worst game community that I've ever saw. Basically every game will have a player screaming and complaining about how everyone is bad and sucks while he can't even shoot someone. Months ago I was tired of csgo, but man, csgo looks like a playground when compared to this game.

But ok. You can always play with your friends right?
    Yes. Then you have the lobbies. They're not balanced AT ALL. They're always unbalaced. Sometimes you're playing with a guy that lookes like he's never played before at the same time that you're playing against a guy that seems to be a pro player.

And hacks... yeah, they're there. Riot keeps pretending they're not with they invasive anti cheat that looks more with a malware, but yeah. they're everywhere. It's nearly impossible to play like 3 games without having a rack in at least one of them.

And... the hitreg. Man, this is bad. You shoot in the head and the server register on the chest. Simple as that. Sometimes you spray on your opponent and the shoots go like through the enemy instead of hitting him and you just.. die.

Seriosly. The main idea of valorant is good. It had potential to be a good and a fun game, but ended up as disaster to make money with skins and create a forced competitive scene with a lot of orgs spending money on ex-csgo players to make more.. yes, money.

If you want a good tactical fps, there's a lot of them out there. But valorant is one to be avoided. This game fails in every single aspect. It's a joke.
  52. Feb 2, 2021
    this game is so **** it's not even worth downloading the community is toxic as **** the gameplay is horrible it's just a failed ripoff of cs:go this game deserves to ****ing die along with the developers of this ****ty ass game this game is just sad so sad. ****ing degenerates ****s imagine thinking a cs:go style game with powers would be a good idea stupid queers go eat a dick
  53. Mar 2, 2021
    trash game with trash recoil , skill is nothing in this game b-cause of trashhhh recoil and random.
  54. Mar 21, 2021
    3 Points:
    1. I always get chat-banned for no reason.
    2. New Update: You can't play competitive with a chat ban.
    3. When you play many games, you get +15 rank points for a win and -30 for a loss, so completely unfair.

WHAT A **** GAME
  55. Dec 30, 2020
    Riot Games, why did you made a CS clone with heroes instead of cloning something more modern like CoD MW? Just why? The old movement and shooting system of CS doesn't flow with heroes and abilities like Overwatch.

Valorant lacks identity, feels tacky, sluggish and rough. The art style of the game is pretty amazing, but anything gameplay related feels out of place, just bad design. The first season pass had no hero skins in it, it was too difficult to grind, and it didn't give back any riot points. Also weapon skins in the store are overpriced af.

It's free to play, if you're into online shooters give it a try, see if it suits you. Some of my friends who were pretty hardcore in CS didn't even like Valorant, while others loved it. It' a pretty mixed bag. But overall, personally, I don't see any reason to play this over CoD MW, R6 Siege Overwatch or even CS:GO itself.
  56. Jun 15, 2021
    Just another run of the mill multiplayer shooter, made specifically for the gullible mainstream audience.
  57. Dec 24, 2020
    I created a metacritic account just to rate this piece of crap. At first I liked the game so much. But because of the unresolvable crashing bug with vanguard and the tremendous amount of smurfs on rank queue, not to mention all the bugs and glitches like character being stuck, weapon switch glitching, this game is dead. Its wanting to be relevant but in reality it is dead. Worst esportI created a metacritic account just to rate this piece of crap. At first I liked the game so much. But because of the unresolvable crashing bug with vanguard and the tremendous amount of smurfs on rank queue, not to mention all the bugs and glitches like character being stuck, weapon switch glitching, this game is dead. Its wanting to be relevant but in reality it is dead. Worst esport game in history. Expand
  58. Dec 25, 2020
    So I've been a competitive fps guy for more than 6 years and i love cs go but why do it hate valorant so much. every time i get into a match the game mechanics just pisses me off. doesn't happen in csgo. So i came here, made an account to rate this broken game once in for all before i shift deleted the crap fest.
  59. Feb 2, 2021
    Cheap chinese copy of cs go that installs a root kit your pc,the gameplay feels like plastic,the gun shooting is so lame the characters animations are omg not even funny,the graphics are so bad and i get it that this is a competitive and it's not made for graphics but compared to cs go it looks so washed,some abilities let you fly across the map,just a cheap ugly chinese copy.
  60. Feb 25, 2021
    This game is unplayable. You'll climb and then when the game thinks your too high of a rank it will purposely put you in match's that it will think you'll lose resulting in 5 to 10 game losing streaks. Until the game puts you against trash people to make you feel better. Rinse, wash, repeat. When its not smurfs, its trolls who ruin your games. Maps look like a 5 year built them with legos.This game is unplayable. You'll climb and then when the game thinks your too high of a rank it will purposely put you in match's that it will think you'll lose resulting in 5 to 10 game losing streaks. Until the game puts you against trash people to make you feel better. Rinse, wash, repeat. When its not smurfs, its trolls who ruin your games. Maps look like a 5 year built them with legos. Riot still has the guy who farted in peoples faces working for them. There CEO was a sexual predator which I'm sure they knew of and wanted to keep it under raps. Boycott Riot Games. Expand
  61. Feb 25, 2021
    I activally play games for around 13 years. I never saw a game with that much hackers and smurfs with a lifetime of nearly one year. Every third lobby has a smurf, every fifth Lobby has a hacker. And then they say Vanguard is a totally advanced Anti-Cheat-Software. I really have to hold back my laughter. Last time i saw something like this was in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (but it was 8I activally play games for around 13 years. I never saw a game with that much hackers and smurfs with a lifetime of nearly one year. Every third lobby has a smurf, every fifth Lobby has a hacker. And then they say Vanguard is a totally advanced Anti-Cheat-Software. I really have to hold back my laughter. Last time i saw something like this was in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (but it was 8 years after its release ;) ).

Support is almost unavailable. You often only get the same computer generated message.

Champions are unbalanced. Weapons are overpowered.

You can't get any skins worth mentioning without paying money. These are not exactly small amounts either. It's between 15-30€ per skin, which is absolutely hilarious.

The game doesn't really have any new features. You take CS:GO, give it a new look, vary the hand grenades a bit, and take a few small features from Overwatch. That's pretty much it.

Was it a complete waste of time? Yes. Was it fun? At first yes, after the third cheater/smurflobby it became less so. After they didn't care if you reported them (pretty much everyone didn't care), it was clear to me that the support is overtaxed or disinterested as long as they make good money from the game.

Overall, the game was an absolute disappointment.
    The fusion of Overwatch and CS:GO with a near perfect anti-cheat program just sounded too good to be true. It was obvious that this wouldn't work out. Especially not with Riot. Because what have they ever managed to do well, except League of Legends, which is also just an improved copy of Dota. In the future I will probably stay away from this publisher with great certainty.
  62. Feb 26, 2021
    A boring rip off of CS-GO, feels very dry, terrible map design, slow boring gameplay
  63. Mar 15, 2021
    To be honest, the ideas of this game arent new, as everyone can see. The modes and map designs are pretty much straight ripped and recycled from CS:GO and the characters aren't really interesting.
    The game is pretty darn unbalanced as well. You can't really run a sniper unless you want to hold an angle for five minutes, and you are pretty much forced to hit headshots, or you will lose in 90% of cases. Sure, in other shooters like Rainbow Six Siege or CS:GO, you also have an advantage if you can hit the heads. But here, its simply frustrating. If i get shot in the head by an AK in CS:GO im just like "ok fine". But here, the rage factor is a thousand times higher. The graphics quality also isn't great. Maybe i just don't like the style of the game. Another thing that bothers me, is the fact that you walk slower for a period of time when getting shot at. From a balancing point of view, this may make sence, but if you die because of this, you just want to uninstall the game and never play it again. Another point are the cosmetics. Sure, they look cool, but they are overpriced AS HELL, and you can t just play to unlock, them, you are FORCED to pay money. The anti-cheat also isn't great. Sure, it works and you rarely see cheaters, but it is always running in the background using CPU capabilities.
    And if you exit it, you can'T just open int up again, you have to restart the ENTIRE PC. If the devs were to fix these issues, it would be a great game, but as of right now, it sucks (been playing since beta day 1 btw. , just for credibility)
  64. Mar 16, 2021
    "advanced" anti cheat works like trash, numerous cheaters, not fun gameplay, trash community
  65. Mar 26, 2021
    I hate the afk penalty bs because if I go afk for ONE ROUND, i get a afk penalty offense for "ruining other people's experiences". I hope that they fix this because if you go afk so many times (like 5 times), then you will get TOTAL GAME BANNED. Gotta love the people working over their in riot games. I HAVE A WEEK BAN BC I HAD TO EAT DINNER LIKE WTF?!?!?!
  66. Apr 4, 2021
    The optimization of the game is very bad. They are competing with Ubi..., which is worse.
  67. Aug 9, 2021
    a trash game. i play valorant since the realese and I think it's not a fun game because my lag spike and the gameplay
  68. Nov 14, 2021
    Valorant pretends to be a competitive tactical shooter. It is not. The characters have abilities that have no place on a comp shooter. The majority of characters/abilities are just gimmicks to attract new casual players. Target audience is probably 10 to 15 year olds. The gunplay itself is very stale and boring. The map design awful with no details or interesting features like CS GO forValorant pretends to be a competitive tactical shooter. It is not. The characters have abilities that have no place on a comp shooter. The majority of characters/abilities are just gimmicks to attract new casual players. Target audience is probably 10 to 15 year olds. The gunplay itself is very stale and boring. The map design awful with no details or interesting features like CS GO for example. The ranked mode is completely busted. It is full of smurfs/cheaters (same thing really) ,trolls, AFKers, etc. Having multiple accounts is essentially allowed which helps to break the ranked mode even more. The player count is super inflated and Riot will never fix it. Skins are full of gimmicks and silly animations in order to make 13 year olds spend their parents money. The monetization system is blatantly predatory and anti consumer. I would stay away from this game and I hope it dies soon so a new trend of actual team based competitive shooters can take the spotlight. Expand
  69. Jun 17, 2021
    game is so buggy that it is not even worth being played. Could not find any redeemable qualities in the short time I tried to play it as it looks like a pre-alpha more than anything else.
  70. Jul 13, 2021
    Esta wea es simplemente mala wn y aburrida, en serio dale una oportunidad y de las puras animaciones querras eliminarlo de lo cancerigeno que es.
    Hice una critica mas larga pero se me borro asi que me dio la wea
  71. Jun 25, 2021
    The devs are too busy accommodating the streamers with their nerfs of less viable characters and not enough to actually balance the game. Jett needs a nerf. Simply the most OP character. No time limit on her Ult, she can switch to and from her weapons and Ult, and get reloaded if it kills someone. After the most recent update I've found the matchmaking they were trying to fix is even worseThe devs are too busy accommodating the streamers with their nerfs of less viable characters and not enough to actually balance the game. Jett needs a nerf. Simply the most OP character. No time limit on her Ult, she can switch to and from her weapons and Ult, and get reloaded if it kills someone. After the most recent update I've found the matchmaking they were trying to fix is even worse somehow. Even with all that aside, heavily latency driven. Peaker's advantage in this game is horrible. The fact that ADSing in this game is a disadvantage says a lot about what is wrong with this game as well. The more the devs touch the game, the worse it gets. Expand
  72. Feb 25, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Para arrancar es una copia del CSGO de eso que no quepa ninguna duda, las armas son lo mismo, las mecanicas de combate (excluyendo la magia) son las mismas y una gran parte de la magia son Molotovs Humos Flashbangs y Granadas con diferente textura, por cualquier insulto te banean el chat de voz lo cual es bastante tedioso teniendo en cuenta que el publico por lo menos en latino america son Minas y Chilenos afeminados o peruanos que se quedan afk, la verdad una verguenza la moderacion de todos los juegos de Riot, si quieren jugar algo desinstalen esta basofia y jueguen CSGO Expand
  73. Apr 9, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The hero skill balance is poor, the map cannot be selected, and the matching mechanism is very bad Expand
  74. Dec 25, 2020
    I have been played this game for a month and this makes me quit the game. If you get to bronze 3 and try solo queueing good luck! I have encountered at least 1 player throwing in my team and its not even a joke. I look at their kills and see 2 kills and 13 deaths. Then I see that they are missing on purpose. Then their report button seems to do nothing. I have once trio queued in a gameI have been played this game for a month and this makes me quit the game. If you get to bronze 3 and try solo queueing good luck! I have encountered at least 1 player throwing in my team and its not even a joke. I look at their kills and see 2 kills and 13 deaths. Then I see that they are missing on purpose. Then their report button seems to do nothing. I have once trio queued in a game and met a thrower in a game and we reported him over 100 times and the report didn't do anything Expand
  75. Dec 29, 2020
    |RUS| игра полный отстой , дохуя багов , пиздец с серверами , нет никакой оригинальности , отстойная озвучка , имеет кучу технических проблем !!!
    |ENG| the game sucks, **** bugs, **** up with servers, there is no originality, sucks voice acting, has a bunch of technical problems!!!
  76. Dec 30, 2020
    Максимально слабая игра с максимально отвратительным комьюнити
  77. Jan 3, 2021
    this game gets nothing right, never actually punishes wrongdoers in the game such as hackers and smurfers so its impossible to rank up no matter how much times i report it riot wouldnt care how bout letting only 1 account per device PLEASE im tired of this nonsense
  78. Jan 3, 2021
    Just... BAD. Only played it for like 4 days and already bored, there's a fps game that is way better than Valorant tbh. It's 2020 and they can't even get the gun right, even CSGO have way better mechanics of the guns. Talking about guns, the guns can't be any worse tbh it's already really bad that it can't go even worse. Oh, and the abilities is so BaLAnCeD, an agent that litteraly use aJust... BAD. Only played it for like 4 days and already bored, there's a fps game that is way better than Valorant tbh. It's 2020 and they can't even get the gun right, even CSGO have way better mechanics of the guns. Talking about guns, the guns can't be any worse tbh it's already really bad that it can't go even worse. Oh, and the abilities is so BaLAnCeD, an agent that litteraly use a bomb to fly and then uses it ult to frickin rocket launch the enemies that can litteraly wipe them out? The most BaLaNCEd abilites i've ever seen, a agent that can flash you and make you blind MULTIPLE TIMES, of course It's so BaLANceD. The matchmaking is terrible and there's a bunch of toxic player in the game. Expand
  79. Jan 4, 2021
    Absolute disaster of a game. Due to the game being free there is no real penalty to hacking or smurfing. lobbies are filled with a mix of players who have never touched a tactical fps in their life and people who have played CS:GO since launch causing for massive skill gaps and incredibly unfair gameplay. Skins are priced far too high even for a free game and the lack of skin trading and aAbsolute disaster of a game. Due to the game being free there is no real penalty to hacking or smurfing. lobbies are filled with a mix of players who have never touched a tactical fps in their life and people who have played CS:GO since launch causing for massive skill gaps and incredibly unfair gameplay. Skins are priced far too high even for a free game and the lack of skin trading and a half decent market system doesn't help either. Characters are unbalanced and meta is strictly enforced in games via your sweaty team who will throw games and belittle you the whole game if you underperform. Needless to say, don't get this game if you're looking for a good tactical fps. It may look promising but trust me, its as bad and toxic as any other, Expand
  80. Jan 8, 2021
    pls get rid of valorant penalties valorant forces you to leave and they give you a penalty pls get rid of this and pls let non gpu computers play
  81. Jan 7, 2021
    In short, the game is poorly and quickly made copy of CS in order to make money. It sucks in every aspect of the game. Don't even try it.

Long version. Cons of the game: -Netcode is a joke. Even on 20-30 ms it feels like playing CSGO on 70-100 ms. Sometimes, after hiding behind the wall you are teleported back and killed. Even when changing weapon sometimes you travel back in time.

Long version. Cons of the game:

-Netcode is a joke. Even on 20-30 ms it feels like playing CSGO on 70-100 ms. Sometimes, after hiding behind the wall you are teleported back and killed. Even when changing weapon sometimes you travel back in time. Enemy peaks looks like a prefs. Occasionally, you will see a packet loss spikes exactly on the time of your death. All of these on 20ms ethernet connection. The code quality is not even close to what is expected from such aim oriented game.

-Sound is just terrible. It takes a lot of experience in order to understand where the sound is coming from. Half of the times events don't produce any sound. Enemy can make a giant strafe and you hear no sound of steps.

-Weapon shooting is very random. The bullet can fly to nowhere even if you already stopped. Hitboxes are terrible as well. You can often see a direct hit from your op on your death screen. Moving shots are pretty effective and this make the duels very stupid. They are too random and skill is not very important.

-It doesn't have a lot of obvious things: replays (want to know whether you played against cheater or a pro? No replay for you, sorry), console, custom maps, dedicated servers (even stupid tutorial is on Riot server). It seems to much to ask for a new game, but you're copying CSGO, can you please copy the good staff too.

-Bugs. A lot of them.

-The animation is not smooth. This is a big issue for movement. Basically, they only have moving and standing still animations. It leads to very sudden enemy stop and it often looks like they killed you on the move.

-Graphics is terrible by the way. They are just drawing spheres instead of smokes. One could tell it's the style of the game, but I think Riot wanted to make the game as cheaply as possible.

-Anticheat consumes all resources of your PC and there are still cheaters in the game.

-Matchmaking is full of smurfs and rank of the player doesn't reflect the skill level.

-Maps are rather boring. It makes strategic part of the game basically absent. Fast rushes is the most common strategy even on the highest level.

-Competitive scene is a CSGO nursing home. Mostly consist of ex-CSGO players who can't compete due to age or ban. Have some good young players bought out by Riot from other games. The competitive matches look rather boring.

-And the main problem of the game is marketing. The prices are stupidly high. And cosmetic updates are the main focus of the developer team. I think if Riot put some effort into making this game good, it would be pretty nice competitive game. But the problem is that they won't. It makes money already and it is not economically reasonable to spend developer's time on improving the game. May be, in 3-5 years they will slowly fix the game, but it doesn't worth waiting.

Pros? Hard to find but:

-I generally like the ultimate mechanics. It gives you a way to get out of disadvantage and makes gameplay a little more dynamical.

-I could have said 128 tickrate servers, but due to terrible code of the game, it doesn't give any advantage.

To conclude, I don't know how it is possible but they were copying CSGO and made a game even worse than CSGO is. I only played this game cause my friend likes it and doesn't want to play CS.
  82. Jan 14, 2021
    In the beginning you have fun ... In the first game ... In the second it becomes stressful to bring a toxic community beyond the famous run and shoot.
  83. Jan 14, 2021
    Plain garbage, bullets never register, trash physics and garbage graphics..one more time riot games shows how trash they are
  84. Jan 14, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Such a **** **** game why would they add a map that's so ****ty named icebox it's so **** Expand
  85. Apr 9, 2021
    - Toxic. Toxic. Toxic.
    Avoid if you want to have a good time. - Too many bigheaded people, or plain children. Even though their ToS says certain ages cant play, they still do and RIOT doesn't do anything against that.
    - A lot of exploiters/abusers and cheaters. You can indeed just google for cheats, and ruin the ranks for a few days before a ban, and then just refund/exchange your
    - Toxic. Toxic. Toxic.

- A lot of exploiters/abusers and cheaters.
    You can indeed just google for cheats, and ruin the ranks for a few days before a ban, and then just refund/exchange your motherboard and cheat again. I don't know why you would do this, but people seem to do it on the regular. Vanguard is great but very intrusive. Be wary of the company behind this game. With that said, it doesn't seem to ban cheats instantly, so.... theres that...to consider.

- Matchmaking.
    It quite plainly is plagued with people from high ranks making accounts and playing at well below their ranks (smurfing). It is a real problem and basically amounts to cheating. - Why put a pro player in the amateur leagues for example. It ruins the experience totally.

Valorant, when all is equal, is a good game. But sadly it is not always and very rarely the case.
  86. Apr 17, 2021
    Valorant had a lot of promise and I gave it a legitimate shot playing from day two of the Beta all the way into Episode 2 Act 2. I'm sorry but the game just haven't lived up to expectations. The map design is really bad, the newest map Icebox is awful. The movement inaccuracy penalties are basically non-existent so you get running 1-tapped and walking 1-tapped all of the time makingValorant had a lot of promise and I gave it a legitimate shot playing from day two of the Beta all the way into Episode 2 Act 2. I'm sorry but the game just haven't lived up to expectations. The map design is really bad, the newest map Icebox is awful. The movement inaccuracy penalties are basically non-existent so you get running 1-tapped and walking 1-tapped all of the time making peaker's advantage extremely high. Because of the peaker's advantage being extremely high, it makes it basically impossible to hold any kind of angle where you have an angle advantage on the opposing player. They can run out and 1-tap you before you can even react to them swinging out on the angle. The ranking system as of Episode 2 Act 1 (patch 2.00) runs on some weird Hidden MMR system that is completely separated from your current rank. So if you are Gold 1 you Hidden MMR could be anything from Silver 2 up to Plat 2 and whom you are playing with and against would be dependent on your Hidden MMR and not your current Rank, it just doesn't work and creates awful disparities the the players skill levels within each match. For a more simplistic graphics game one would think the FPS would run better than say something like CSGO, however it doesn't, Riot has made the determination to render all resolutions except 1440P and 4k at 1080p and then downscale. You can't get additional FPS by running 1600x900 for example. Weapon balancing isn't done well, they don't tweak something slightly they just pretty much make it unusable all together, I'm thinking of the stinger nerf as and example or the right click Bucky nerf neither work worth a crap anymore and you don't have a good option on an eco round or a round you may want to force on. As a solo queue player your patience is going to be tested, you are going to have 1-2 players instant lock a dualist and then just completely underperform for their role making the controller player & Sentinel players pick up their slack. Riot's solution to complaints about this has been "don't solo queue, play with a pre-made" and that in my mind is a completely piss poor approach. Expand
  87. Feb 1, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It just feels so boring compared to other games. People are also extremely toxic on mic. I know that they encourage you to get a mic but people only use it to talk crap to teammates. I mostly play older games but this is one of the most toxic communities I ever seen and I just started to grief my team into losses deliberately due to their attitude. No fun in winning or losing rounds. Huge lack of variety. The progression system is not very interresting. Maps are pretty boring. It is a game made for CS players. I may have rated this game a bit higher if it was not for the toxicity on mic chat that this game offers which in itself is enough to make me not want to play this game. No desire to improve or get better at the game either. Honestly the most fun I had on this game was griefing toxic teammates.

It does offer some interresting things when it comes to the agents in game, but thats about the only positive thing I can really say. It just so goddamn boring and while ur boring urself to dead someone screams at you in the mic. So bad.
  88. Mar 19, 2021
    Could be nice, but its riots toxic community with a ton of smurfs. Big fat Dislike on this game!
  89. Nov 19, 2021
    Well, what can I say? I've given this game a few tries.
    And apart from irritation, it does not cause anything.
    The developers did not try at all and did a "rip-off". It's like doing something, but not understanding the essence, the root cause of the popularity of what you're trying to copy. I didn't expect such an approach from this studio at all. - The cards are boring, stupid,
    Well, what can I say? I've given this game a few tries.
    And apart from irritation, it does not cause anything.

The developers did not try at all and did a "rip-off".
    I didn't expect such an approach from this studio at all.

- The cards are boring, stupid, without balance, without meaning.
    But they are tall and probably beautiful for someone - either a snowman in the corner, or some other kind of sweetness.
    - The game lacks any balance at all and understanding why it was added and how it should work.
    - The game has a huge randomness (randomness) in everything. And the worst thing is in the hits, the bullets in the game fly anywhere, but not to the target. Especially if you move away from the line of fire.
    - It is forbidden to move in the game. Squatting and ratting are your tactics in this game.
    - I want to keep silent about ping games and players in general, it shows 50, but it feels like 500.
    - The company assures that there are very few cheaters in the game, but I don't believe that honest players can play so professionally, instantly finding the target and hitting it accurately. Although any movement is a fierce spread.
    As a result, something is clearly wrong with this game.

And the saddest thing is that time goes by, but the developers are satisfied with everything and they don't want to change anything.

The game is clearly worth comparing with any other free shooters, like Point Blank (which looks better against its background).
    But I like to compare it with Black Squad, which few people have heard of, but it surpasses Valorant by a head, and who wants to play a mixture of COD and CS, it's better to try Black Squad, at least the eyes don't get tired of it as much as from the toxic and caustic color palette of Valorant, and it's more fun and enjoyable to play.
    And those who want something in the spirit of overwatch, it's better to play TF2, which is the progenitor of overwatch and time-tested. (although at the start it was better balanced and that makes it more interesting).

A game in which so much depends on chance cannot claim even a little bit of a competitive spirit.

So that 1 point for trying and 1 point for effort.
  90. Jan 14, 2021
    Ошибка Van 138 не даёт играть !!!! А разработчики её уже год не правят !!!! Лучшая поддержка !!!1
  91. Jul 2, 2021
    ain't no way this is the next "big esports" it's boring, filled with rng (good luck trying to control your gun recoil), you get to be 100% accurate the moment you stop moving(with any gun) you also get flashed into oblivion and you don't hear or see it coming
  92. Jan 24, 2021
    If your good in fps game don't play this game I am in silver and I get 15+ kills every game so I get bad team m8 are so bad/toxic
  93. Jan 25, 2021
    Trash Game CS GO>Valorant. Delete this trash game. You have to pay for skins and characters. Trash game.
  94. Jan 31, 2021
    The one shot-meta in this game is terrible, armor is simply useless and it's a playground for unskilled players to get their one shot kill by camping in corners with an abysmal mobility, doing carries in a ranking game is just straight up garbage, Riot games should stay away from BR games should they tread into that territory in the future.
  95. Mar 7, 2021
    Valorant is supposed to be a contender for CSGO, but at the end of the day, Valorant might be worse than a game made 10 years ago, by a company who forsaken the game over and over.
    -So first of all, soon after the release date came a drama about their AC, which was intrusive and oversold by Riot Games. Not a good way to start.
    -Then came up a lot of record about server, hit reg, peeker
    -Then came up a lot of record about server, hit reg, peeker avantage issues. And again the game was sold to be on point with this well known problem in fps.
    -The gun play feel clunky sometimes but always rewarding because of the sound cue, try a match with no sound cue and you will notice how boring, it was to kill your opponent. I feel like there is too much placebo on this game to alleviate with some big problems.
    -The map architecture might be the biggest issue, claustrophobic, some spot feel not daring to engage in because you know that if you pass a doorway it will be a 50:50 from your right or left.
    It's a beginner mistake in term of level design when you do fps maps. On steam workshop you can find this kind of map being rated 1 star for CS GO.
    -The ability create a meta like in Overwatch, but if you look at the state of Overwatch over the years you will find out that it was always the same character over 80% of the time.
    And Valorant might be following Overwatch steps, with the way agents are made and also how they balance them.
    - Then finally come the E-Sport side and i will drop right their a KEKW and explain why i feel it wont last long or will survive like Overwatch at the expense of other games made by the same company.
    Valorant E-sport is just grabbing every subtop Cs-Go pro player to feed their player base with cash prize and money. It's again following the path of Overwatch on this side.
    By launching e-sport before the community is made and willing to have e-sport to follow.
    With the way they made their e-sport scene everything will be fine over 1 to 3 years in the best way, for OW it was 2 years. Then everything will stagnate and because they wont produce much in every aspects.
    They might end up investing a lot of money by the company or find partnership which aren't good for their community for the sole purpose of money. At the end even suck up from other game investment. Remember that riot is developing a fighting and an rpg game.

To conclude, their is still hope but Riot Games need to do the right choice and address the problems in the game with the right answers.
  96. May 6, 2021
    Riot is so slow with releasing new content. Only 4 maps, 12 characters and 2 game modes for launch, new content every 3 months. Most games don't even have an update schedule yet they release more content. Also Riot either releases a new map or a new character, not both of them at the same time which I understand but waiting 3 months for either a map or a character is just too long andRiot is so slow with releasing new content. Only 4 maps, 12 characters and 2 game modes for launch, new content every 3 months. Most games don't even have an update schedule yet they release more content. Also Riot either releases a new map or a new character, not both of them at the same time which I understand but waiting 3 months for either a map or a character is just too long and boring. I don't expect Riot to release both a character and a map at the same time every 3 months but the wait time is too long and usually not worth it. I don't expect much from the graphics but VALORANT somehow managed to disappoint me with this too. I am not even going to talk about the cartoonish graphics but I will talk about the performance. Although the graphics are cartoonish the game requires a high end PC for no reason. The servers are quite bad (unsurprisingly). 100ms feels like 350ms. Also latency spikes happen a lot. Microtransactions (skins) are extremely expensive. Paying 100$ just for something virtual is not worth it. I honestly do not like the gameplay, it's either too competitive or too still. And there is only 1 main objective, only 1 game mode. It is quite boring and nothing new in the FPS genre. Can't blame the game for people being toxic, but even with that much precaution, if people are still toxic, there is a problem. The weapons feel the same when you play with them except the pistols and snipers. They really had no new ideas for the guns and just copied real guns and gave them new names. The characters are not balanced and are not interesting at all. Most of them have the same abilities such as flashes and smokes and stuns. It feels boring and getting too repetitive. The lore is quite boring and I really don't like it. There is almost no official lore and people have been trying to find lore since the beta has released. The cinematics are also quite boring and don't have anything to do with lore other than small details. It's pretty much how a normal round goes in a match.

TL;DR:
    Overall pretty bad game with stuff stolen from other games and nothing interesting. Brings nothing new to the FPS genre and it's overhyped. Don't waste your time with VALORANT.
  97. Dec 8, 2021
    This game could be really decent but there are some flaws which totally ruined it for me
    1. Gunplay feels off. Spray patterns, spray recovery ton of rng
    1. Gunplay feels off. Spray patterns, spray recovery ton of rng
    2. Net code is atrocious. I have 50 ms ping. Any other game would handle it well, but not Valorant. You hit guy in head? Nope - this is body. Turns out the guy was actually on different position, so you shot hit body. Audio and visual feed is misleading. There is no way to be sure, that you killed guy with headshot. So you have to doublecheck it? But TTK is like 0.2s.
    3. Movement is slow and boring. But is your agent has movement ability (Jett, Raze, Omen, Yuzo) you can be fast. But not all agents can have those abilities
    4. Peekers advantage. You can't protect the angle, because you get killed before you can see the enemy.
    5. Agents feel unbalanced. Maybe they are actually balanced, but RIOT not disclosed any information about match statistics.
    6. No demo replays
    7. Cheaters? Not sure. You can't check it without watching replay.
    8. Intrusive anticheat. Does it help against cheaters? We have no demos, so no idea.
    9. Matchmaking. It is unfair. RIOT claims, game has huge playerbase. Not quite sure about it.
  98. Mar 18, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. lots of wallhacking aimbot, not worth to play dumb game. hack is free online and the anti- cheat system is weak as well. Expand
  99. Jun 30, 2021
    Pros:
    + Clean artstyle (no character skins, altering the visibility etc)
    + Lack of Pay2Win mechanics + Runs great, even on older hardware Cons: - No option to host dedicated servers/play locally - Abysmal map design (because of the abilities, I guess) - VAL 5 & VAL 43 errors, related to connection - I have never had similar problems with LoL servers - "You don’t kill with
    Pros:
    + Clean artstyle (no character skins, altering the visibility etc)
    + Lack of Pay2Win mechanics
    + Runs great, even on older hardware
    Cons:
    - No option to host dedicated servers/play locally
    - Abysmal map design (because of the abilities, I guess)
    - "You don’t kill with abilities" was a lie
    - Servers in EU are subpar - even though you use Paris/London/Frankfurt/Warsaw ones you still get teams full of CIS/Turkish players (that play with extreme latency), who refuse to communicate in English
    - Predatory in-game store with rotating section, in which one weapon skin (remodel/retexture of a gun) might cost up to 20€ - you can get an AAA game for that price (not on release, but after 6-12 months, yet still)
    - Battle pass is more unrewarding than fun, because you are forced to race against the time to ensure you will get all rewards (unless you pay for the rest of the levels or use A LOT of your free time to grind it)
    - Severe peeker's advantage, that makes you feel like you are being one tapped by running opponent
    - Gunplay feels like a downgrade when coming from the 9-year old CSGO system, I would even argue that CS 1.6 had better feeling at times (shoulder peeks are extremely overpowered)
    - In-game lobbies full of toxic brats that are undinsguishable from apes, when it comes to their mental state (this is not an overstatement, I ensure you this game might double as a test to discover aspiring sociopaths/psychopaths before they attempt their first wrongdoing)

I guess Riot is catering to the "eSports" audience, but please consider my suggestion: save your brain cells and find your next online game somewhere else. Having fun was never an option in Valorant.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 42 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 12, 2020
    Valorant has a high-quality and clean release without any problems. The game will definitely please fans of the competitive FPS genre. The eSports potential of the shooter has only become established over time, and the first tournaments are already planned. However, a high entry threshold requires serious skill training. But this only makes the game more interesting.
  2. Aug 7, 2020
    At first, this looks like just another Counterstrike clone. But there’s more depth and variety, despite the lack of content.
  3. Jul 29, 2020
    Overall, Valorant is a great game to play if you're a fan of first-person shooter strategy games. But it is also something that someone without experience with games like CS:GO can enjoy and pick up quickly. The Agents are, for the most part, balanced, and the planned addition of more should keep the game fresh. The overall style doesn't really land and the sound design needs to be fixed.