6.7

1. Jun 4, 2018
    HISTORY
    HISTORY
    Vampyr already starts with an intense and heavy prologue to already let the player involved with the story, even though this may leave him a little lost about how the game will be since the first hour of play is fairly linear. You take on the role of Dr. Jonathan Reid, a renowned physician who served in the war and has now been transformed and seeks answers and revenge from those who did this to you. The story is rather focused on the city of London, devastated by an epidemic.
    The Vampyr universe is greatly expanded in terms of mythologies and cultures, creating space for various types of organizations and groups in the game, such as secret vampire societies, shady sororities, hunter groups, and high-class vampire societies that govern the region, as well as other things that you discover throughout the game. The game is full of characters, each with its own characteristics and missions. Although Vampyr's promotional images that show cities full of people moving and interacting are a deceptive advertisement, you really feel inside a living and functional place.
    In the game you will need to know how to divide your bloodthirsty vampire side with your renowned doctor side, taking advantage to feed on these characters or helping them and improving the city. Your choices will affect the direction of the story of the game, as well as the direction of each city district and the destination of the characters that are there. As the game progresses (the main story takes 15 to 20 hours to be completed) the story is getting as intense as the prologue but leaving more room for choices rather than demotivating linearity.
    A big problem of the game is to force you to have a certain personality and affection for a certain character, something that I as a player did not understand where it came from and I could not relate because of the choices I made in the game. The DONTNOD Entertainment team had done something similar and forced on Life is Strange and it seems they made the same mistake.
    Gameplay
    As Vampyr it is an RPG of choices, open world and full of combat, I will divide this session into two parts: Choices and Combat.
    In terms of choices, the game has more effect on your actions than on dialog options. While it's amazing that you can just go on an NPC that would normally give you several missions, interact with the world around you and simply choose to kill him to quench your blood thirst (and gain a lot, but a lot XP with it), the dialogue options are almost always limiting and in the whole game only in 3 or 4 moments you will make big decisions because of these options. In some moments where you think you need to make a decision of extreme importance in the game, he chooses the destiny for you as well.
    Whenever you sleep, that is when you can evolve, the game shows the results of your actions in each district, showing if the district has become healthier or gone into chaos. Depending on the level of the district, certain NPCs will act differently and may improve the status of some and in worse cases, leading to the death of others.
    Already in combat, the game is sensational in every way. The combat is very similar to Witcher 2 and 3 (this is not going to be the last time I'll use Witcher for reference in this review), except that instead of being a hunter with equipment prepared to defeat a certain monster, you are the monster needing to watch out for hunters who know all their weaknesses. The game does not have a lot of variety of enemies (inferior vampires, hunters, monsters and vampires of high level), but knows to vary in the abilities that each one of them has as you get stronger in the game, which is great since, in a universe only of vampires, to escape of the pattern with enemies only to satisfy the will of the combat player, would be a negative point in the whole lore of the game.
    Hunters will only start with swords, torches and silver pistols, but as you progress through the game, the same hunters will start to carry crosses, garlic, higher precision rifles and even flamethrowers! The same goes for lower vampires, who will be stronger and have some new abilities. High level vampires find you only in some areas of the game and will start to use more skills similar to yours.
    Another thing the game has in common with Witcher 3 (not that this is Witcher 3's original or inspired by it), is the Witcher's sense. In the case of Vampyr, vampire sense. And it works the same way and is used by the game in the same way, you change your you change your vision to follow traces of blood or see enemies hidden by the map. Unlike the Witching sense, the vampire sense is not so charged to be used in so many missions and can be used more strategically by the player to avoid fighting or locating things hidden by the map.
    Concluding
    Vampyr is a very, very good game.
  2. Dec 20, 2019
    Innovative and atmospheric RPG. This is an underrated little gem! Convincingly combines RPG with TPP-action and adventure elements. Even reminds "Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments" a bit. Love it!
    9-10/10
  3. Jul 25, 2018
    What a great game when it comes to the story. It's so interesting and the whole atmosphere is just pouring out of the screen. The gameplay is average... the game is easier if you suck out the blood of people and harder if you don't. It's all about your choice and immersion in all of this. I really liked this one and I will probably come back to it in a few years. Pickens approves!
  4. Jun 5, 2018
    I have been playing for several hours now and the truth is that it surprises me a lot. Good graphics, good story so far and combats that will make your fingers ache from both dodge knock knock and of course, drink the blood of your enemies.
    It has something like 2 parts, the monsters and the living, from whom you have to feed and decide who live and who does not. This clearly affects the game according to the decisions you make. Recommended
  5. Jun 5, 2018
    Con solo 5 horas de juego estoy gratamente sorprendido.

Tenemos un juego que recuerda vagamente a las mecánicas de combate de Remember Me aunque con mucho más componente RPG, solo en su vertiente de desarrollo de personaje y perks. Aparte nos encontramos con una parte que es más aventura de investigación, con misiones, conversaciones con personajes y secretos. Estas son muy
    Con solo 5 horas de juego estoy gratamente sorprendido.

Aparte nos encontramos con una parte que es más aventura de investigación, con misiones, conversaciones con personajes y secretos. Estas son muy importantes para luego el tercer elemento.

La condición de vampiro del personaje le pondrá en la tesitura de elegir aquellos de los que se alimentará. ¿Quién se lo merece?

Aparte, gráficamente es mejor de lo que esperaba y su rendimiento, sorprendente.

Totalmente recomendado si te gusta la ambientación, los vampiros y los juegos de género mixto con RPG y combate.
  6. Jun 7, 2018
    I cannot for the life of me understand some of the bad or mediocre reviews this game has received.
    This game is a master piece among rpg games.
    You can choose to kill and drink from none, one person or you can slaughter them all. And you can talk to all the npc's in the game except those that basically are dying or crazed lunatics. All of them have their own backstory, secrets, morals,
    This game is a master piece among rpg games.
    All of them have their own backstory, secrets, morals, voice and uniqe apperance.
    All your choices have a bad or positive effect on your surroundings and effects if the game will be easier or harder to complete.
    Your choices of who you kill or dont kill will also have an impact on the different npcs based on the npc's relations to each other and on the enviroment.
    Combat is first very slow when you start out but become faster and requires more skill and dodging as the game progress. Unless you of course kill every one and are an upgraded beast of a vampire.
    This game also does not require a lot for your computer to be able to have this game set on high or ultra, and so far I have not experienced any bugs, lags, crashes, freezes or anything game breaking. In other words the game is running very smoothly.
    The animations are amazing and the different skills you can aquire makes you feel bad ass, I mean you can get an ability that allowes you to make someone explode from within.
    The enviroment and atmosphere is eerie and dark, the music is absolutely wonderful and the vampire sight that allows you to see trails of blood and literally look inside someones body is to me perfect.
    Only thing I think is.... "bad" with this game is that I thought the graphics would be slightly sharper (but they are by no means bad) ,and when you feed in combat all enemies stop to stare at you nom down on their friends neck xD
    But to me that is so insignificant complaints that they do not really matter.
    Bottom line is I love this game and cannot recommend it enough.
  7. Jun 5, 2018
    Not sure why many media outlets are giving this game subpar reviews. It's been a lot better than I expected it to be. So far i'm about 4 hours into it and i'm completely engrossed in the story. Gameplay is also very fun.
  8. Jun 7, 2018
    Another game that is "ruined" by publisher which didnt give enough time devs to "finish" the game. it could be much better if only they would release it later and work on details,animations, etc...
  9. Jun 14, 2018
    Great story!, just finished the game by playing good samatarian role, I gotta say I had doubts about the plot at first but they managed to put pieces together and finaled the game quite well, lively characters where you can relate to them to evaluate whether they're worthy to embrace or spare. I havent valued human lives in any game before. the combat is somewhat repetitve but since all iGreat story!, just finished the game by playing good samatarian role, I gotta say I had doubts about the plot at first but they managed to put pieces together and finaled the game quite well, lively characters where you can relate to them to evaluate whether they're worthy to embrace or spare. I havent valued human lives in any game before. the combat is somewhat repetitve but since all i care about is story in a game, this game deserves a solid 9 from me. Have fun and thanks DONTNOD! Expand
  10. Oct 3, 2018
  11. Feb 20, 2019
  12. Jun 8, 2018
    I love the atmosphere of the game and the moral choice that you have to do, it's one of the fist I care about what I'll do to NPC. Awsome job
  13. Jun 10, 2018
    Игра местами кривая, и не очень отзывчива к игроку, но не путать с хардкорностью Тёмных Душ.
    Плюсы: Шикарное музыкальное сопровождение будет с вами на протяжении всей игры. Атмосфера Лондона 1918 года, по словам разработчиков всё воссоздано по "секретным документам" и фильмам тех годов, выглядит сносно, приятно лицезреть как Порт, так и последнюю локацию, всё очень гармонично и к месту. Сюжет, к сюжету можно отнести и второстепенные квесты. Очень часто ловил себя на мысли, что уже 40 разговариваю вместо того, что бы делать что либо. Сначала о основном сюжете, он не плох, есть твист в конце, и персонажи которые находятся на первом плане неплохо раскрываются к концу сей истории. Задачи которые выдают горожане тоже не сдают планку, и зачастую взяв обычное рядовое задание в стиле "подай принеси" может перерости в нечто большее.
    Минусы: Весьма скверная боёвка, игра хочет походить на Души, но получается очень посредственно. Анимации - нет резких рывков персонажей и на том спасибо, но часто случается, что плащ может застрять в ноге Доктора Рида, и прочее, но это мелочи. Немного затянули, и под конец игры вместо того, что бы поубавить вражин, их только стало больше.
    Итог: Почему такая высокая оценка, должен признаться это единственная игра которую я прошел до конца за последний год. Цепляет она в первую очередь, диалогами, лором, сюжетом, персонажами, и т.п. Это игра не про гринд, и о лутбоксах, не о прокачке персонажа до Мистера Вселенной, она о конкретных людях (вампирах), и о конктретном случае.
  14. Aug 9, 2018
    I'm currently 5 or 6 hours in and so far I'm very surprised this game got so much ****
    The story is absolutely immersive. The characters are all very interesting and the music and voice acting is great, too. The atmosphere is a bit Bloodborneish with exciting encounters all over this H.P Lovecraft alike universe.
    While I can understand why people would dislike the combat (although I
    While I can understand why people would dislike the combat (although I don't, I don't think it's better or worse than any game of this kind) I cannot even comprehend why people would moan about it being bland or flat. Nor can I understand why one would complain about the graphics, it runs great on max with a 970 so I suppose if your gear is completely horse balls that would be a fair accusation. I guess people didn't think it lived up to the hype - or maybe they thought it would be a Life Is Strange 2.0. I truly recommend this game is you're a fan of darker RPG games.
  15. Jun 13, 2018
    This game is awesome. Wait! Wait! But it's for narrow target. It's probably not for you and before buying watch some gameplay on yt.
    This game makes sense, like respawn patrols after the night or more chaos on the streets after the killing. It really does. Dialogues are... different, but it's all part of the setting. And there is no pace at all. You can spend whole 2 hrs just talking and next one just fighting. It won't be easy, simple couch experience, but it's worth your time.
    The kill people to get experience is great system but again, not for everyone. It's really specific game for specific player. Don't buy this game just to tell people that it's medicore because of gameplay. Because it's not! It's different kind of game. You want action rpg? Go play something else. Vampyr is more RPG than action and the whole idea is to give player some dilemmas. You can feel chained to the main story or tired of developers' decisions about gameplay but the experience is unique. Stop looking for vivid descriptons. Watch someones gameplay, 30 minutes should be enough, and decide if it's your cup of tea or not.
    For me? It's my cup of tea -> 9/10
    However I get it, it's not for everyone. And I'm not special snowflake, and you're not too. Just try it before buying, and don't complain I haven't warned you.
  16. Jun 8, 2018
    Хорошая игра, хороший сюжет, интересный . С учетом того что все разработчики бояться делать игры про вампиров а эти рискнули и сделали, молодцы разработчики. Вроде это их первый проект (если я не путаю) и за то что тема почти не востребованная (вампиры) и за хороший сюжет 9 баллов. Маловато доп квестов и жизни в городах. Ну надеюсь все исправят во второй части и на этот раз не будутХорошая игра, хороший сюжет, интересный . С учетом того что все разработчики бояться делать игры про вампиров а эти рискнули и сделали, молодцы разработчики. Вроде это их первый проект (если я не путаю) и за то что тема почти не востребованная (вампиры) и за хороший сюжет 9 баллов. Маловато доп квестов и жизни в городах. Ну надеюсь все исправят во второй части и на этот раз не будут затягивать так долго с разработкой игры. Expand
  17. Jun 6, 2018
    This game is really great,it deserve all the praise,it may not be perfect but its definetly a very well made game,hope in the future it will get even better.
  18. Jun 5, 2018
    Sooo Good its was best game last two years, Это дикий топ играешь за вампира и отдыхаеш тупо, на расслабе убиваешь и кайфуешь, да да я
    Это Руффер вам говорит, самый крутой парень в России
  19. Aug 12, 2018
    One of the bests RPGs I've played recently. Amazing storyline, great characters, soundtrack and atmospheric scenarios as well as a very interesting RPG/leveling system. I'm not a big fan of its fights mechanics, but you get accustomed after a few rounds. I happily invested 45 hours of gameplay to finish it. Would totally pay for a Vampyr sequel :)
  20. Jun 5, 2018
    Let's start with a very controversial aspect of the game: graphic. It's ok, it's good, it's something that let the game have a nice look while running with no problems on most gaming PCs. The art is super, but that is one of the strong suits of Dontnod. Gameplay is like a detective graphic novel mixed with a RPG style in which every conversation can be important, choices are to be made andLet's start with a very controversial aspect of the game: graphic. It's ok, it's good, it's something that let the game have a nice look while running with no problems on most gaming PCs. The art is super, but that is one of the strong suits of Dontnod. Gameplay is like a detective graphic novel mixed with a RPG style in which every conversation can be important, choices are to be made and consequences are very story changing. The story itself seems ok, you feel the anger of Reid, you want to know more about the people in London, you want understand what us happening and eat you can do to save people. Combat system is not the main focus of the game, but it's working well, fast and simple enough, yet you can die if you are too lazy. It's good. This game is really very good Expand
  21. Jun 6, 2018
    I love the story and how NPC's back story is part of the game play. I like the way the present combat. It's not the primary action of the game. So many people have gotten used to hack and slashing through games that anything else must seem weird to them. Feels more like a graphic novel going to video game. There are a few flaws that prevent me from giving a better rating. The conversationI love the story and how NPC's back story is part of the game play. I like the way the present combat. It's not the primary action of the game. So many people have gotten used to hack and slashing through games that anything else must seem weird to them. Feels more like a graphic novel going to video game. There are a few flaws that prevent me from giving a better rating. The conversation camera doesn't allow a better view of the characters when they talk and panning seems limited. Maybe there is a reason for it, but sometime it's annoying. Some people unfairly give this game very low scores. Expand
  22. Jun 16, 2018
    Brilliant game! I Liked it very much, story is very interesting, dialogs are great. There some minuses like fighting but overall it is very nice game to spend 30-40 hours. It is more like a detective quest than fighting RPG. I don't understand all the people who hate this game.
  23. Jun 7, 2018
    I bought a game for decide: play or back this game?
    i saw many reviews and heard many hate about this game and after play i want finaly say
    That game in actually is success! i realy many time play in this game and it was be intresting. fight mechanic works amazing! Fights in this game wery hard, and i, like dark souls lover, realy appreceate this sustem! many say: in the game many
    I bought a game for decide: play or back this game?
    That game in actually is success!
    many say: in the game many excess mechanics and wery tediously conversations. that ambigous statement, because i did hear them with realy fine pleasure! but some time i skip some sensless words but this doesnt mess me play!
    I dont passed this game until end but i wery glad i bought this!
  24. Jun 9, 2018
    El juego necesita pulirse en animaciones y fisicas. Pero esta bastante bien :)
  25. Aug 4, 2018
    He de decir que como fan de los rpg y los vampiros he disfrutado demasiado el juego, pero hay que ser justos para reseñarlo.
    La trama es interesante, te mantiene enganchado para saber que ha pasado, hablar con los personajes llenos de historias de los distritos y así descubrir sus misterios. Da giros argumentales los cuales son bien ejecutados, empiezas buscando respuestas de que te ha pasado y las respuestas son tan inquietantes que nada es como parecía.
    El combate es sólido pero nada del otro mundo, cumple su función y ya está.
    Vampyr implementa un sistema de progresión bastante original, como se hace fuerte un vampiro? bueno pues alimentándose, te pone en un papel moral, de quien alimentarse es un tema, hay que saber que todas tus acciones tendrán sus consecuencias, y eso es maravilloso, el hacerte pensar detenidamente y no el matar a todo mundo sin que pase nada.
    Gráficamente tiene una estética maravillosa, con el problema que no está muy bien optimizado, da tirones bruscos por momentos, pero no lo hace injugable.
    La banda sonora es perfecta con la ambientación, precisa en el momento de ser implementada y bastante agradable y épica.

En definitiva recomiendo este juego a todo aquel buscando una historia buena, que en estos tiempos puede ser difícil de encontrar.
  26. Jun 7, 2018
    It's great, Finished,Full game! for 50€. At last something interesting on PC (for me). Graphics, not that amazing but not bad either needs some tweaks for lightning. Soundtrack not bad. Great story. Every person has a story and is unique. Choices have a real impact not like Telltale bs. Beautifull London and that atmosphere...Mmmmm nice. Theres not a lot of skills but it's a small game andIt's great, Finished,Full game! for 50€. At last something interesting on PC (for me). Graphics, not that amazing but not bad either needs some tweaks for lightning. Soundtrack not bad. Great story. Every person has a story and is unique. Choices have a real impact not like Telltale bs. Beautifull London and that atmosphere...Mmmmm nice. Theres not a lot of skills but it's a small game and it gets job done. Combat system like witchers no problem with that. The difficulty system is very interesting and you can be only mad at yourself if you are bad. Maybe a fast travel between hideouts would be great. No problem with optimisation. No long loadings. Very few bugs in my playthrough.
    This is't AAA game. This isn't Sony game where they give a billions of $$$ to a "never heard of studio". Buy it. We need more games like these. Don't hate it. With great sales we might have Vampyr 2 in future with better everything. But first I want dlc or something after that ending. I want more. It was enough (no open ending) but I want more.

Vampyr doesn't suck. haha
  27. Jun 7, 2018
    This game is amazing. The story is great, the characters are interesting and so are the games mechanics. The optimization for PC is very well done, it runs pretty smooth on older hardware too. It's a shame games like this don't get the recognition they deserve anymore and people rather go for "Call of the same game every year but this time with battle royal mode 9". Buy this game and tellThis game is amazing. The story is great, the characters are interesting and so are the games mechanics. The optimization for PC is very well done, it runs pretty smooth on older hardware too. It's a shame games like this don't get the recognition they deserve anymore and people rather go for "Call of the same game every year but this time with battle royal mode 9". Buy this game and tell your friends about it! Expand
  28. Jun 10, 2018
    tem uma história ótima, um dos melhores jogos de vampiros que ja joguei. gráficos medianos, sistema de combate simples (porém divertido)
    os pontos negativos são; o jogo é muito curto fiz tudo q dava pra fazer em dois dias, as expressões faciais não são boas, e no inicio do game a animação da movimentação do personagem me incomodou um pouco (me acostumei)... os defeitos não ofuscaram a qualidade da história por isso pra mim a nota foi merecida
  29. Nov 15, 2018
    I quite enjoyed this game. It has some features that make it a very appealing game, specially the fact that you can behave whatever the way you want and then face the consequences. Leveling up is also affected by these choices. Do you want to be more powerful? OK,...you only need to go and murder some of people. That's great,
  30. Jun 26, 2018
    I would have put an 8-9 but this game needs to compensate for the bad reviews it got. Its definitely worth buying. I played with a controller and the combat was very satisfying.

Pros: Combat: Dodging bullets, stunning enemies and then finishing them with skills. It was a fairly decent combat mechanic that never gets boring. But its not the combat that makes this game shine.

Pros:
    Combat: Dodging bullets, stunning enemies and then finishing them with skills. It was a fairly decent combat mechanic that never gets boring. But its not the combat that makes this game shine. Storytelling and level design are vastly superior to many games.

Story: The story was a decent 9. Minor flaw was the forced romance that doesn't suit a game with multiple choices and consequences. You play as Dr Reid and renowned surgeon in blood transfusions(see the irony) and upon acquiring his powers he goes on an investigation to understand what happened to him and what that means to the world. The way they present the lore on vampires and backstory for each character is amazing. But the main story can stand on its own. How your character progresses through his predicaments throughout the story and how he copes with it is entirely up to the player. I would say in a way, you kinda create your own story.

World: Its an amazing visual representation of London back in 1900. It really feels like the city is decaying due to the disease. Its very dark. And the game makes you feel safe in populated zones. But when you go outside the safe areas, it feels like all hell has broken loose. Dead people around the corner, abandoned and creepy houses. You never know when a Skal is going to creep out on you. It was really well designed. The world seems alive. And NPCs arent just there to move the story forward but to make you live/roleplay the game a little bit. You can feed of any NPC at a given time and the game motivates you to learn more about the character before doing so. Once you get to know their backstory you get to make the moral decision of feeding or not on them. And you have to live with the consequences of your actions and how your action may affect the relations between NPCs or the world.

Replayability: You get 4 different endings depending on your playstyle. Makes it worth at least playing twice to see how playing good vampires vs evil vampires plays out and differs from one another.

Cons:
    Romance: The romance was the biggest issue with the story. It felt hurried and forced on you. There are no signs that the characters like each other and then suddenly its just there. It was weirdly done. I wish they add some more voice dialogue between them or at least make it optional.
  31. Jun 9, 2018
    Who gives a damn about Graphics?? Sheez the **** about graphics are God damn annoying!! I am very glad that we have a Great Vampire game and I give this game a VERY Solid 8 and 9-10 for overall ... Well done DontNod and Focus Home Interactive!
  32. Nov 18, 2019
    Atmosphere was the biggest plus for me in this game they really give the "gray" feeling throughout the game. You experience the low expectation of human lives and the general despair of the people. The protagonist is captivating and has a fairly well built character. The actions you take really affect the general situation of the society around you.

And yes i'm a little biased since the

And yes i'm a little biased since the setting is one of my favorite. So i can easily recommend to the fans of this genre. For outsiders, i would still say it's a decent enough game to play but maybe not so enthusiastic.
  33. May 16, 2019
    This game is bloody amazing, the history is fantastic, the gameplay, the main character is envolving, and the atmosphere blow your mind. The graphics are fine, could be better but ok, the optimisation on PC was a little bit rubbish, they should have focused more on this. But the history is so good that you end up ignoring the optimisation.
  34. Nov 20, 2019
    Хороший такой середняк категории три Б.
    Боевка куцая на грани уныния, дизайн викторианского Лондона отличный... есть немного напряженных диалогов с толикой и закосом под РПГ.
    Завязка сюжета банальная месть, но больше за такой срок и не сказать. Посмотрите больше видеообзоров и решайте нужно ли вам такое в библиотеке игр. Если все же решитесь, то вы будете заниматься решением
    Хороший такой середняк категории три Б.
    Завязка сюжета банальная месть, но больше за такой срок и не сказать.
    Посмотрите больше видеообзоров и решайте нужно ли вам такое в библиотеке игр. Если все же решитесь, то вы будете заниматься решением хозяйственных проблем больницы и искать того кто обратил Рида в носферату.
    В целом довольно интересно отыгрывать роль доктора Хауса с клыками, задачами завхоза на фоне синдрома носферату.
    Оптимизон есть и его нет одновременно, то есть 40-60 фпс на любых настройках говорит или о проблемах с дровами, или фпс локе.
    Или обо всем сразу!
    Картинка честно говоря не впечатляет, но в дождь мое старье высаживает до 30 фпс уверенно.
    Здесь много проблем с логикой элементов выбора, весьма кучая боевка Витчера на минималках и банальный спам врагов.
    Это та самая игра, которую вы можете полюбить закрыв глаза на много огрех, но лучше не советовать и не прослыть фанбоем
  35. Jun 15, 2018
    Um jogo bom, jogabilidade mediana porem o enredo e a historia são muito boa então acho que a unica coisa que falta é uma movimentação um pouco melhor (mas nada que atrapalhe)
    Então se você gosta desse tema eu recomendo
  36. Jul 1, 2018
    un po' sottovalutato come titolo, si tecnicamente non è perfetto, e i combattimenti per quanto ben fatti sono molto semplici, ma comunque resta un titolo ottimo dove la storia ma soprattutto la LORE fanna da padrone, la fusione tra scienza, magia, religione e vecchie leggende è ottimo, ma per coglierlo dovete leggere ogni singolo pezzo di carta che trovate, che per carità non sono maiun po' sottovalutato come titolo, si tecnicamente non è perfetto, e i combattimenti per quanto ben fatti sono molto semplici, ma comunque resta un titolo ottimo dove la storia ma soprattutto la LORE fanna da padrone, la fusione tra scienza, magia, religione e vecchie leggende è ottimo, ma per coglierlo dovete leggere ogni singolo pezzo di carta che trovate, che per carità non sono mai noiosi, ma una soluzione in stile bioshock dove invece che i pezzi di carta trovavi i registratori che ti raccontavano a voce le vicende della LORE, evitando di spezzare il gamplay per leggersi la lettera di turno, l'avrei apprezzato di più. Expand
  37. Mar 17, 2019
    Nice game, remind Bloodborn Skyrim Gotic. Worth buyng on a sale if you like PRGs and Vampyre theme
  38. Apr 14, 2020
    Great game, I enjoy evrythings : sounds, mood characters game play!!!!!! people who give less than 7 should have sex more and be more relaxed. Have fun
  39. Dec 28, 2019
    Довольно интересный проект,который на долго останется у вас в памяти
  40. Oct 15, 2019
    Vampyr is a pretty solid game! 6,7 does not represent what you will find it around 15/25 hours; average campaing. All the main NPC's have a great background and the narrative is so deep; really represents a chaotic city, with moral crises, sanitary problems, etc. The way that you need cure many NPCs - who often get sick - could be better; i would say that is so boring, break the imersion,Vampyr is a pretty solid game! 6,7 does not represent what you will find it around 15/25 hours; average campaing. All the main NPC's have a great background and the narrative is so deep; really represents a chaotic city, with moral crises, sanitary problems, etc. The way that you need cure many NPCs - who often get sick - could be better; i would say that is so boring, break the imersion, it's true, but thar game help you ignore that; just pay attention on the rich background and the lore create by developers Expand
  41. Nov 10, 2019
    Very underrated game in my opinion - overall a splendid Vampire romp.
    1 - Great atmosphere of old London - graphics are maybe dated - but really very nice stylistically
    2 - Combat - don't know what complaints are about - imagine Darksouls but made simpler for n00bs 3 - Sound is superb - especially music and voice acting 4 - RPG element is incredibly well done - your actions really
    Very underrated game in my opinion - overall a splendid Vampire romp.
    3 - Sound is superb - especially music and voice acting
    4 - RPG element is incredibly well done - your actions really affect the world and story
    5 - Bad optimisation - this game crashes a LOT sadly
    Finally - i think the bad reviews come from unrealistic expectations - in all honestly - this is better than 90% of AAA games i've played in the last couple of years - story is solid and actually makes sense for once.
    Score 10/10 to counteract stupidly low scores from some sad kids!
  42. Mar 29, 2020
    Vampyr is a hidden gem.
    I was reluctant to play this due to the low review scores but in my opinion it is probably the best RPG I have played in the last few years.
    The combat is a bit wonky but honestly that doesnt matter much because the story and characters are truly compelling.
  43. Dec 3, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The oppressive atmosphere of Victorian England and the plot, which is not revealed on the first try... The game is clearly underestimated. Plot is complex and multifaceted. The mechanics of gaining power are directly dependent on actions and this is an interesting move. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 35 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 31, 2018
    A horror action adventure game with cool duels, an impressive atmosphere with the need to think about the consequences of your actions. Unfortunately, the final experience is not perfect. [Issue#287]
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Sep 26, 2018
    It feels like the script was written by three different people. One’s responsible for all these cringeworthy lines, another came up with some truly interesting characters, and the third one thought that this would be a perfect opportunity to preach his values: for example, at one point our strictly-rational atheist doctor will have to confess his sins. [Issue#231, p.56]
  3. Jul 13, 2018
    Vampyr can bewitch with its atmosphere and conquer with the skillful delivery of a quality story. However, the RPG and action parts didn´t succeed, and the intended main pull in the form of heavy choices, whom to kill and whom to let live, is also lost to the lack of impact of your action. Although the game can entertain in the end, it often disappoints instead.