Take control of one of the most technologically advanced armies in the Imperium - The Adeptus Mechanicus. As Magos Dominus Faustinius, you'll lead the expedition on the newly rediscovered planet of Silva Tenebris. Manage resources, discover long-forgotten tech, plan tactical operations usingTake control of one of the most technologically advanced armies in the Imperium - The Adeptus Mechanicus. As Magos Dominus Faustinius, you'll lead the expedition on the newly rediscovered planet of Silva Tenebris. Manage resources, discover long-forgotten tech, plan tactical operations using the Noosphere technology and control your Tech-Priests every move.
Your every decision will shape the missions ahead and ultimately decide the fate of the troops under your command. However, choose your path carefully - the Imperium depends on it.
Flesh is weak! Upgrade your Tech-Priests limbs with mechanical augments made from the blessed metals of the Omnissiah. Customize your team with hundreds of possibilities, creating a squad to suit your playstyle.
* Difficult Decisions
Make tough decisions that will forge the future from your Ark Mechanicus, The Caestus Metalican, and send you towards alternate endings for a truly unique playthrough.
* Experience the Noosphere
Use the Adeptus Mechanicus' evolved human cognition to scan unexplored tombs for valuable data in order to gain a tactical advantage over your enemy.
* The Library
A compelling story written by Black Library author, Ben Counter, specifically crafted to fit the unique personality of the Adeptus Mechanicus faction.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Warhammer 40000: Mechanicus Brings XCOM To 40K
Dec 3, 2018The game admirably blends dark Warhammer motifs and a wide array of tactical and strategic decisions on the battlefield. Although Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus is not without faults, it's one of the few games in the Warhammer sci-fi setting that I wish it had a sequel. The high amount of customization, the appealing story and narrative, as well as the deep turn-based strategy elements make Mechanicus a must-play title for all Warhammer and TBS genre fans.
Nov 26, 2018Overall, Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus isn’t a bad game. It certainly has its issues, especially in the balancing department, but aside from that, the issues don’t tend to seriously hurt what you’ll be looking for if you’re considering playing this game. The game isn’t ground-breaking, but it’s not a step backwards either.
Nov 17, 2018This one is the surprise of the year for me. I expected a mildly entertaining Xcom clone in the skin of a medicore done Warhammer 40k story.This one is the surprise of the year for me. I expected a mildly entertaining Xcom clone in the skin of a medicore done Warhammer 40k story. Goog god, i couldn't have been more wrong.
Let's start with the most important thing first....the tech adepts actually SPEAK THE CHANT MECHANICUM *nerd gasm*.
Ok, now that we got that one out of the way:
- the story was written by Ben Counter who is one of the better writers in the Black Library. So you can expect a solid story and no lore breaking nonsens.
- interessting characters that react different to your decision
- the game is Xcomish, but has more than enough good mechanics to stand on it's own. (the CP system is imo short of brilliant)
- really neat soundtrack that compliments the overall atmosphere of the game… Expand
Nov 23, 2018Я надеюсь, что это не последняя игра по вахе от этих разработчиков. То, как они передали атмосферу - это во истину круто, я никогда такого неЯ надеюсь, что это не последняя игра по вахе от этих разработчиков. То, как они передали атмосферу - это во истину круто, я никогда такого не видел. В плане атмосферы, эта игра является лучшем воплощением вахи за долгие годы.
Игра имеет крайне малый бюджет и её разрабатывала довольно малая студия, что иногда даёт о себе знать, но в целом, добиться такого, с учётом 2х этих фактов, нереально сложно, я искренне надеюсь, что мы увидим ещё 1 игру по вахе от этих разработчиков.… Expand
Nov 16, 2018Plays like Xcom were you have extra Cannon Fodder in addition to your soldiers. I like how you can modify your Tech-Priests and that you canPlays like Xcom were you have extra Cannon Fodder in addition to your soldiers. I like how you can modify your Tech-Priests and that you can combine different "classes". Difficulty sometimes looks really hard but overall it is more then doable on the standard setting. Voice Acting and Story telling is absolutely amazing when you know in advance what the Mechanicus actually is. I can imagine without pre knowledge people will read one of the weirdest stuff they ever read :D. Really great game, much better then expected. Of course it isn't a AAA title but it's a really solid and well designed game.… Expand
Nov 18, 2018XCOM 40K, but I like this a lot more than I like XCOM, your mileage may vary.
Strategy feels chess like, I consider that a huge compliment.XCOM 40K, but I like this a lot more than I like XCOM, your mileage may vary.
Strategy feels chess like, I consider that a huge compliment. Very tactical, multiple ways to accomplish your goals, every game is different, every tomb is different. Every decision matters, the upgrades you pick for your tech priests, the Sketarii troops you choose to take on the mission, which rooms you go to in the tomb before going to the objective, all of that makes a difference. As an example, the longer you take to get to the objective chamber in a tomb the stronger the necrons get. So you have to balance that danger with exploring the rest of the tomb and gathering resources, finding weapons... it's just awesome.
The whole concept is built around Adeptus Mechanicus, but I wish we could have more races. Maybe in a sequel, they've done such an awesome job on this one.
Game looks really good. Great value for money. If you like deep strategy or Adeptus Mechanicus you owe it to yourself to get this.
Not a AAA game, as evidenced by the lack of voice acting. But this small studio has produced a gem. Saddens me that there are no critic reviews, guess if no one is paying you for a review then you don't review it :(
Buy. This. Game.
Nov 19, 2018As a lot of people already said, this game is a pleasant suprise. Xcom 40k but with its own interesting mechanics. But what’s even moreAs a lot of people already said, this game is a pleasant suprise. Xcom 40k but with its own interesting mechanics. But what’s even more satisfying is the atmosphere, the soundtrack is perfect and the « voice » of the tech-priests, units and characters are verywell made, they do not speak but mimics the hybridation of flesh&machine, they actually sound scary and badass.
This is a true gem for 40k fans that, like me, have come to fear any new warhammer game because of the big deception that can come with it ( Looking at you Dawn of War III ). It is true to the lore, it finally show one of the coolest faction in the entire setting with the Adeptus Mechanicus, and not the everboring smurfs.
- Soundtrack and audio is amazing
- Nice choice of smooth graphic with beautifull lights and animations
- A lot of guns to toy with on your Tech-Priests : every weapon is in the game, from Plasma Culverin to Solar Atomiser, passing by Giant Mechanicum Power axes.
- Good use of the lore, and great writing. Dialogues are well written and express different views and beliefs among the Adeptus Mechanicus concerning Xenos and their Tech.
- Combat is interesting and puzzle-like . The Cognition Point system is a very cool mechanic, its like your reserve of Action Points or Mana that enables powerfull guns or powers and bonus moves, so you could spend it all in one turn for a big combo or a hit&run tactic with a melee priest but have nothing left for others. So you need to play around this system by gathering Cognition points around the map or ennemies to be able to keep using your best guns and powers.
- Might not be an issue for most, but there is a Time-limit in your campaign so you won’t be able to do everyhting before the end. Maybe the devs could add an endless mode or something, but for now it also encourages you to play multiple times to see different paths of unlocks and progression.
- Game appears to be a little to easy pass a certain acquisition of weapons and powers. But it’s mostly a balance issue that will be monitored by the devs as they seem to be very active.
TLDR : Just buy it, finally a good warhammer game !… Expand
Dec 5, 2018Everything done right here with the 40k license.
Pro: - Unique, fitting soundtrack - Deep representation of lore, style and harshness ofEverything done right here with the 40k license.
- Unique, fitting soundtrack
- Deep representation of lore, style and harshness of the Warhammer 40k universe
- Small bits of quirkiness
- Very well done and strategic turn based combat
- Nice upgrade and equip system for every tech priest
- Interesting storyline
- A little bit repetetive
- Would IMO have worked better with permadeath squads and reserve (like Chaos Gate)
- Some more cutscene would have been nice
Will buy all DLC… Expand
Dec 5, 2018Great audio and atmosphere, nice RPG elements, but the core game mechanics are very poor. Tactical combat mechanics are probably the worstGreat audio and atmosphere, nice RPG elements, but the core game mechanics are very poor. Tactical combat mechanics are probably the worst I've ever seen. It's a pity because it could have been a great game. If only the inspiration for this part of the game drew from the Jagged Alliance or Fallout Tactics.… Expand