7.6

1. Sep 4, 2020
    - Incredibly long save loading for that kind of the game. 30 Hours of your game will be load screens, each small location load about 1-2 min on SSD nvme.
    - The explanation of game mechanics is awful.
    - The game doesn't even explain how to kill a robot at the start of the game. - Bugs, bugs, bugs... + Amazing quests + Big location to explore + A lot of secret places + Loot and items
    - The explanation of game mechanics is awful.
    - The game doesn't even explain how to kill a robot at the start of the game.
    - Bugs, bugs, bugs...
    + Amazing quests
    + Big location to explore
    + A lot of secret places
    + Loot and items useful and interesting to investigate
    The result - you can't enjoy the game wrong step of stupid AI can destroy themselves. If you left some screens mission can be failed and there is no warning about it. Wanna replay? Welcome to another 10 hours because of LONG LONG load screens. These aspects just kill the game.
    Also, there are no patches, developers just forgot about the game. And the price, it's definitely doesn't worse the money they want for this buggy game
  2. Jan 30, 2021
    Played this without having played the first two games. That being said, I found it underwhelming. I don't know if there would be backstory from the previous games that gave me the motivation to find the story from the beginning of this one to be interesting, but nothing in this game alone is going to make a lot of people care about the overall story arc. The main story dilemma didn'tPlayed this without having played the first two games. That being said, I found it underwhelming. I don't know if there would be backstory from the previous games that gave me the motivation to find the story from the beginning of this one to be interesting, but nothing in this game alone is going to make a lot of people care about the overall story arc. The main story dilemma didn't really give me a compelling reason to go for either of them. I just found myself not caring and basically flipping a coin on which direction to go. I guess with story options, writers aren't supposed to make one way more attractive than the other, but imo that should be accomplished by writing them both as compelling, instead of writing them both as uncompelling. I found the story to be uninspired, derivative of the opening "oh you were attacked, so at least dislike these people" with a few funny quirks in the identities of some factions. So that's the main pro - factions that have quirky, memorable identities. But quirky wont make you have a tough decision if circumstance invites you to completely obliterate them to finish some quest to be rewarded with a random widget. Other cons are the armor and weapon mod system that discourages using mods until you get to your endgame weapons, and I felt like every mechanic was borrowed from 100 other top-down turn-based games. Some weapon categories, it just seemed like the developers got tired of making them once they got to like 7-8 tier, so that's where they topped out. Idk, I guess it wasn't terrible, which is why I'm giving it a "mixed" level score, but it was a disappointment and I'd probably rather have the hours of my life back. Expand
  3. Feb 15, 2021
    It's generally pretty good. But it also gets pretty repetitious as enemies and tactics used don't really change all that much. I got about 25 hours in and just grew tired of it. Overall 6/10 but one point knocked off for excessive PC nonsense. Most of the best results require you to follow the "woke" path too.
  4. Dec 31, 2020
    It's a solid RPG which builds well on the previous Wasteland releases and the genre overall.
    Though, as a 39 y.o. fan of Fallout 1 and 2, I'll skip it simply because it seems to be targeted at teenagers. I couldn't help but yawn when seeing all the cliche cinematography tricks with which they try to build up tension. Like, as soon as you come to a cliff, a ranger falls down. Some idiotic chatter on the radio etc. I dunno, all this just adds to the feeling of linearity. The game drags you through this silly 10-y.o. targeted stuff... I guess they need it for sales, and since the console version will probably sell more copies than the PC one. Well, good luck.
  5. Oct 12, 2020
    Combat is fun, but this game lacks any interesting villains. Most of the game is spent blasting psychotic clowns of one type or another. This would be okay if their motivations were presented in a relatable way somehow, but they're not. For every moment where the characters are presented convincingly, there is another situation where it feels like a chatty individual from a contemporaryCombat is fun, but this game lacks any interesting villains. Most of the game is spent blasting psychotic clowns of one type or another. This would be okay if their motivations were presented in a relatable way somehow, but they're not. For every moment where the characters are presented convincingly, there is another situation where it feels like a chatty individual from a contemporary B-movie has wandered into your game and is completely unfamiliar with the gravity of whatever situation you're in. For lack of a better word, it's immersion breaking. I wish that W3 either took itself completely seriously or not at all. Instead it swings back and forth in a chaotic way and there is no method in the madness.

Combat is fun though. Fun enough for me to have played it twice. I'm told that the normal mode is too easy, which is why I tried hard and ultra hard. I recommend hard mode. Ultra hard is full of absurdities. I spent the first third of the game constantly running out of ammunition. Most enemies can one-shot you... but not your pets, which have 10 times your hp and much better armor than you do. The robot I had following me was also much tougher than my characters, and even though it can't be revived once killed I managed to keep it around until the end of the game.

Another problem is that the game is short. In W2 there were two maps, and here there's only one. It's also drab. I know it's post-apocaliptic but I expected some elements of beauty in the wasteland. Instead it feels as if I've spent 50 hours wandering around a derelict psychiatric hospital, unable to look up at the mountains.

The main quest feels a bit weak. I honestly thought it was just a prelude to something grander and more elaborate. However, there is a decent amount of C&C in the game. You can take the Patriarch's side to the end, which I thought was pretty cool.
  6. Sep 9, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has a good base upon which could many good things have been built. Unfortunately it didn't happen. Whole game's story feels like chapter 1 of a supposed to be much bigger game plot wise. There are no interesting plot twists, no interesting or secret antagonist behind the scenes, no nothing..
    The early game tricks player into thinking that this is an awesome game, a masterpiece. But as time goes on it becomes clear that it's not. I was constantly expecting something to happen in the ranger base, like some prisoners escaping, some interesting guests coming with interesting propositions, maybe someone coming to look for one of my companions or something...didn't happen. Nothing unexpected or thrilling happened. It felt like something should happen with certain characters after making some choices, but it didn't happen as well. Game feels like there is a lot of cut or unfinished content. Another weird thing is that companions feel like empty husks. They are boring, there are almost no missions or agendas of their own, no interesting dialogue with the player. World map exploration is lacking big time.Voice in my mind said: "now i am gonna find some bunker with secrets and some good mystery quest".Nope, didn't happen.. Almost all quests end up in combat.. Combat on supreme jerk difficulty is good in the early game and in one area in late game. All other time it's not challenging. Weapons are unbalanced. With some of them killing even strongest enemies in one turn,or even one shot(snipers), others taking all day and night to kill with. Combat AI is kinda dumb. Turrets killing friendly targets, enemy killing it's allies as well, weird enemy positioning and tactics. There is no respec in the game, only new characters creation and removal of old. Yes you can create character with same name and looks but it becomes a chore after a while. An you lose some perks gained from npcs. In a crpg game with a lot of posible builds, respec option is a must. On top of all these things, loading screens are time and mood killers. They take forever. Inventory management is a mess. These are negatives, and i am not even talking about bugs.
    On a positive side game has lots of well written dialogues, which are voice acted. But sometimes i found myself skipping them. Don't know why, maybe because most of them are about the same apocalyptic craziness and most of them starts to feel like forced crazy. Its like game writers made a bet who's gonna think of more over the top crazy **** and forgot to write some other dialogues for the game. But still, dialogues and options during them are good. The game's looting system is awesome. One click- loot all room. Amazing feature, i've never seen before. There is no inventory weight, no fuel for exploration. It's perfect that way. There is also npcs reaction to certain things you have done, choices and consequences. But it feels it should be more of that. There are also couple of good songs, but they play one time each only. Sound effects are good. Animations are also cool, for example something exploding. Game has it's moments, but you cannot build a great rpg game mostly on dialogues and comedy. Without a good story, memorable characters, mystery and intrigue there is no soul.
  7. Feb 2, 2021
    Can't change the camera movement keys. This is something unacceptable in 2020.
  8. Aug 29, 2020
    Played enough to see some of the most annoying bugs. I had to load back on old saves a few times already. I love Wasteland 2 and the lore Wasteland 3 offers. I am enjoying the role playing and choices the game has so far. This needed a little more work and does not feel polished enough. I could have waited another month.
  9. Aug 30, 2020
    Aftger putting several hours into the game (singleplayer!), all dialogs crashed and I am not able to progress the game - not even loading old savegames worked....This along with many other bugs is a joke - who even allowed to release game in such state??!! Wasteland 2 was a huge mess, Wasteland 3 is the same messy - they didn't learn a thing....Fix, then release it!

As for the rest

As for the rest (judging by 4-5h of gameplay...) - graphics is fine, voiceacting is very good, locations are nice (however fog of war is akward...), guns mechanics feels satisfying. Can't say much about story :/
  10. Aug 30, 2020
    -game engine logic flaws: step out of a room and the whole room is fog of war. move one meter forward into the room and the whole room becomes visible.
    -dumb down combat: enemies do not fight each other. I lured radioactive frog monsters into a mercenery group and they ignored each other and both attacked me.
    -game breaking bug: shelf one of your mains and he loses progress without skill
    -game breaking bug: shelf one of your mains and he loses progress without skill point refund
  11. Sep 2, 2020
    Wasteland 3 is a good game. It copies Wasteland 2 gameplay mechanics almost 90% and increased the production value significantly. Unfortunately it's not a great game for several reasons.

It has some bugs, extraordinary long loading times and a few performance issues (e.g. the Scorpitron fight in the Tellur mine was more of a slideshow, on a 1080TI with Quad Core processor...). These are issues that can be fixed in upcoming updates and I won't subtract score points for them. However, there are a few other things broken (at least in my opinion) which are not easily fixed or changed.

First of all the game feels too linear. Free exploration is possible but since the game is heavily focused on combat you cannot simply explore any region you like because most (if not all) sidequests involve combat and thus have a minimum level requirement.

Exploration is not rewarded. Loot seems to be partly predefined but generally randomized and the armor/weapons you find are mostly crap and never interesting. Vendors always sell the same stuff, I've never seen them restock with higher-level items, except for the HQ vendor. I find the item system lacking in every sense.

The skill system was overhauled to create a steady feel of progression by spamming the player with attribute and skill point allocation on every level-up. I don't like the new system at all. You're constantly assigning points every few minutes which is very annoying, but you don't really notice the changes in combat because of its low granularity so what's the point? On the other hand, having the opportunity to assign skill points every few minutes makes it too easy to progress your character's skills. I never had the problem that e.g. my safe cracking skill was too low because I would just wait for the next combat to give me enough XP for the next level and then I'd assign the required points. That lowers the replayability significantly because you will have seen all of the content in the first run already.

Interface is ok, but unfortunately it's not optimized for PC. It still works but it could be better. What I really dislike is the missing filter for the individual weapon types and subtypes. I'm constantly browsing the list trying to find the submachine guns or assault rifles. This should be fixed in a patch!

Quest design is good but as I said everything is centered around combat. I wouldn't have thought I'd ever say this but why is there not a single fetch quest? Or an exploration quest without combat? It tries to stay true to its predecessor but a little bit more role-playing would have been appreciated.

I don't know if I'm too stupid to understand it but I think there is nothing like a stealth system implemented in this game. There is a stealth perk somewhere in the tree but I'm not sure what it does exactly. Standing within the perception radius of any hostile creature will make them spot you after some given time, no matter what you do. This makes it impossible to get through a crowded area without triggering combat. On the other hand I think the game's simply not designed to work that way which is a real shame because it would have opened up other ways of playing it which was one of the strengths of Fallout 1/2 which some people seem to compare W3 to. In my opinion W3 does not share anything with Fallout except for the general setting.

The world map is just a gimmick. It looks good but navigating sucks. You can't scroll or zoom, which is extremely counterintuitive. I like the idea with the truck that can be used in combat but then again its usage is limited to exterior areas.

All in all it was fun to play but it wasn't really what I expected. I expected either an improvement over Wasteland 2 in terms of gameplay mechanics or a deviation from the original towards a more role-playing centered experience. What we have here is just a Wasteland 2 in a higher production value package with a lot of X-Com mixed in, heavily optimized for todays generation of impatient casual and console gamers.
  12. Sep 6, 2020
    I really love this genre and have played in almost all similar games.
    I played almost 40 hours and so far I am extremely pleased, I heard about technical problems, but they have not yet affected me in the gog version.
    + Quests delight with variety and unusual situations. + The battles are quite interesting, but I chose the normal difficulty and it seemed to me in vain, if you are an
    I really love this genre and have played in almost all similar games.
    + Quests delight with variety and unusual situations.
    + The battles are quite interesting, but I chose the normal difficulty and it seemed to me in vain, if you are an experienced player, it is better to start on hard.
    -The disadvantages of the game, in my opinion, can only be attributed to long downloads and minor balance problems.
  13. Sep 6, 2020
    Very good role-playing video game.

PROS + The story won't blow your mind, but your decisions really matter a lot in how it unfolds and is interesting. + Turn-based combat is fun and can get quite challenging if you're not careful. + The soundtrack has surprised me, especially there are 2 songs that will get into your head for days. CONS - The AI ​​of allies can be
    Very good role-playing video game.

PROS

+ Turn-based combat is fun and can get quite challenging if you're not careful.

CONS

- The AI ​​of allies can be improved. They cross over of fire or gas clouds in a suicidal way

- Loading screens take too long
  14. Sep 17, 2020
    Look past some of the bugs, the game is absolutely amazing and really may be the best game of this genre ever made. Cant say enough good things about it! Will remember it for a long time :)
  15. Oct 16, 2020
    Its a great game with a intriguing story but the game lags alot and crashes every 20 minutes. I would rate it higher but at the moment there are too many glitches.
  16. Aug 30, 2020
    horrible buggy mess.wait for 1-2 months to be this game patched out and finnished.under these problems is a nice game but not like this,.
  17. Aug 31, 2020
    +fun combat
    +fun dialogue(sometimes)
    +fun locations -very terrible performance issues -many game breaking bugs -voice acting -tons of long load screens -writing feels too over the top Overall, i strongly suggest you don't buy this at the full price of $60 if you want to play. This feels like an early access game, complete with tons of bugs and performance issues.Wait for a
    +fun combat
    +fun dialogue(sometimes)
    +fun locations

-very terrible performance issues
    -many game breaking bugs
    -voice acting
    -tons of long load screens
    -writing feels too over the top

Overall, i strongly suggest you don't buy this at the full price of $60 if you want to play. This feels like an early access game, complete with tons of bugs and performance issues.Wait for a price drop or download it from the xbox game pass if you really want to play . The theme and combat of the game is good, but they are both overshadowed by its many problems.
  18. Sep 7, 2020
    broken and busted. Sure the game is fun but the bugs are game breaking. Losing quest stuck on map ypou name it.
    the coop is even worse were you will lose quest progres get stuck nad so on. avoid for and wait for patches..if they fix it
  19. Sep 4, 2020
    Too much of the plot, the worldbuilding and even the basic design seem uninspired and linear. Unfortunately the overall mediocracy of "Wasteland 3" is undermined by technical issues beyond the stuff that can be patched; the voiceacting is often cringeworthy, the UI is unintuitive, the Ai - in and out of combat - is easily confused, and the roundbased combat has been dumbed down.

But

But what really bothers me is how unnecessary the whole game feels. If this was a TV series, this would be one of those filler episodes that you could just forget about and skip in a rerun. It's cobbled together from every post-apocalyptic franchise out there, but what could be - should be!- an all-you-can-eat-buffet feels like those three day old leftovers you find in the fridge.

Unfortunately InXile also seems to have confused me with a beta tester. So if you are in the mood for stale, by-the-book gameplay, at least wait for the worst bugs to be fixed.
  20. Aug 30, 2020
    The wasteland 2 had many jokes inbetween the serious moments, but here? The entire game feels like one, it relies heavily on the "haha eggplant big" or "haha parrot say bad word", it honestly feels like it was written by an epic redditor seriously thinking that the humour is quirky in some way, because calling someone "simp" is funny, even if it makes no sense.

And what about the

And what about the goddamn time quests that expire before you even take them? Is that supposed to be funny too?
  21. Aug 30, 2020
    it could be a 9 maybe even a 10, but I dont know why someone releases a game in this state. It really feels if QA was not really in place :-(
    phoenix point was/ is in the same state since 9 month
    1.) bugs, bugs, bugs. Crashs every few hours. Flying guns in fog of war. 2.)slowest possible loading times even on the fastest available consumer m2 ssd. Travelling is such a pain in this game
    phoenix point was/ is in the same state since 9 month

3.) Sneaking is not nice solved m
    4).) selecting the whole group is always a pain

Nevertheless its a great game, i wouldnt recommend it right now but it offers

1. Great setting
    2. Great dialogues
    3. Great voice acting
    4. Great quests
    5. I like the peogression skills and weapon.
    6. Animal taming +++ and Clones
    7. Garage and KI is fun
    8. Nice robots and chickens
  22. Sep 6, 2020
    unfinished, a lot of bugs, unbalanced combat, weak story. Wasteland 2 far more better game than this.
  23. Sep 5, 2020
    A lot of annoying bugs, not gamepad friendly, difficult is a mass too hard in normal too weak in easy. There is no fast travel so you gonna take a lot of time just walking. Main chars dont have any personality. But gameplay is very fun and story too.
  24. Aug 30, 2020
    This game can be described with one word: Mediocrity.

Voiceacting is mediocre. Graphics are mediocre. Characters are mediocre. There is no memorable character whatsoever. Combat is mediocre. This game had absolutely nothing that could blow me away, it's just a small upgrade from Wasteland 2. If you're a fan of Wasteland 2 (for some reason), then sure, you will like this game. But
    This game can be described with one word: Mediocrity.

Voiceacting is mediocre.
    Graphics are mediocre.
    Characters are mediocre. There is no memorable character whatsoever.
    Combat is mediocre.

This game had absolutely nothing that could blow me away, it's just a small upgrade from Wasteland 2. If you're a fan of Wasteland 2 (for some reason), then sure, you will like this game. But if you expect quality like Divinity: Original Sin 2 or, god forbid, some Fallout 2-esque game...then go away, this ain't it, chief.

I managed to play it for 6 hours before the boredom became unbearable.

And of course a mediocre game gets a mediocre score.
  25. Sep 8, 2020
    It became a bit casual compared to the prequels but the dev managed to make the change in a good way. It could be even better if they got more budget from crowdfunding I guess.
    the battle system is fun and good enough.
    the game mechanism became simpler but more enjoyable. The plot, dialogues, and voice actings are good enough overall. WIsh It had more choice tho. I can not think of any
    the battle system is fun and good enough.
    the game mechanism became simpler but more enjoyable.
    I can not think of any critically bad things about this game compared to the prequel.
    But there are some bugs which are a bit annoying.
    The characters could be more interesting if dev managed to make more quests about them.
  26. Sep 7, 2020
    My first wasteland game and I'm happy to say I'm enjoying myself. I dont feel left behind having not played the first two games, and I enjoy the classic rpg style and gameplay. I'm playing on gamepass, but I definitely could see myself purchasing this or dlc for this title.
  27. Aug 31, 2020
    This game is fantastic, it only came out 4 days ago and I already sunk over 40 hours into it without realizing. Basically, it continues from Wasteland 2 as feeling like a 'true' Fallout 1 and 2 successor, so it would basically be Fallout 1 -> Fallout 2 -> Wasteland 2 -> Wasteland 3 (I don't count Fallout Tactics). The RPG elements, choices and consequences, dark humor and setting FEELThis game is fantastic, it only came out 4 days ago and I already sunk over 40 hours into it without realizing. Basically, it continues from Wasteland 2 as feeling like a 'true' Fallout 1 and 2 successor, so it would basically be Fallout 1 -> Fallout 2 -> Wasteland 2 -> Wasteland 3 (I don't count Fallout Tactics). The RPG elements, choices and consequences, dark humor and setting FEEL like the original Fallout games, and the combat has changed from Wasteland 2's initiative based system to something more like the modern XCOM games, which I think feels a lot more fun in practice. My only real complaint about the game so far is the loooong loading times even on a PC with an M.2 SSD, Ryzen 5 3600 and 16gb DDR4-3200 RAM. I also kinda wish character models didn't suddenly lose their hair/go bald when you put hats on them, maybe that is something that can get improved on with a patch or mods. Fantastic game though. Expand
  28. Sep 1, 2020
    Wasteland 3 Review - Sawlyn @SawlynAExcello

Score: 9.5/10 ~~~~~~~~~~ This game grabbed me from the start, having a good time playing this game, if you're at all a fan of RPGs, Wasteland 3 is unmissable. Excellent combat, interesting story and choices with major consequences, post-apocalyptic atmosphere is very well portrayed with well-placed dark humor, make Wasteland 3 the best in
    Wasteland 3 Review - Sawlyn @SawlynAExcello

Score: 9.5/10
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Excellent combat, interesting story and choices with major consequences, post-apocalyptic atmosphere is very well portrayed with well-placed dark humor, make Wasteland 3 the best in the Wasteland series.

Positives:
    ~~~~~~~~
    + Excellent combat, very challenging, but fair
    + Interesting story, dark humor, choices with major consequences
    + Great graphics and the post-apocalyptic atmosphere is very well portrayed
    + Perfect voice acting
    + Good soundtrack
    + Good character customisation
    + Great skill tree and attributes
    + Stacks of weapons and armours

Negatives:
    ~~~~~~~~~
    - A few minors bugs
    - Loading screens takes a while
    - Can and should improve fast travel
    - Can and should improve inventory
  29. Sep 12, 2020
    Even if this game weren't a buggy, unworkable pile of trash it would still be bad. The mechanics, story, and gameplay all fall flat and are not entertaining. You compare it to a similar game like Divinity Original Sin 2 and you easily see this game delivers far below par. Add on top of this that this game is a buggy mess littered with game-breaking bugs and terribly long load times (evenEven if this game weren't a buggy, unworkable pile of trash it would still be bad. The mechanics, story, and gameplay all fall flat and are not entertaining. You compare it to a similar game like Divinity Original Sin 2 and you easily see this game delivers far below par. Add on top of this that this game is a buggy mess littered with game-breaking bugs and terribly long load times (even on SSD) all over the place and this is the easiest 0 rating I've ever given in my life. Expand
  30. Sep 3, 2020
    QUIT USING YOUR CUSTOMERS AS BUG TESTERS!
    QUIT USING YOUR CUSTOMERS AS BUG TESTERS!
    Wasteland 3 has more issues than Fallout 76! Fallout 76 got ripped a new one, while Wasteland 3 gets almost universal praise. In this current state the game is unfinished and virtually unplayable - hence a 0. Crashes, crashes and more crashes - to add salt to injury the loading times are inexplicably long: this is not a state of the art game that would justify such loading times!
    Seeing this game, I can't but wonder, what took the devs so long to make this? Quality testing? Hell no! Stunning visuals/ cutscenes? Nope, still the same as in Wasteland 2! Seriously, InXile, what the ef did you do in those years??? It feels more like a Wasteland 2.5 . Groundbreaking new game mechanics? You wish!
    It even does not have that much tactical depth to it: there are no factions! Two different enemies (mutants & raiders) don't fight each other, but both attack my group. Hell, even classic DOOM had monster in-fighting!
    The camera has issues as well and don't get me started on the botched stealth system. Graphics look badly outdated, I personally did not care for the cartoonish style.
    If you have Wasteland 2 - stick with that one and avoid Wasteland 3 like the plague.
    Re-fkin-funded!
  31. Sep 29, 2020
    its just so boring i spend 6 hours with this crap its full of bugs,freze at every chance loading screens are so damn long all dialogs are **** all voice acting is **** quests are boring characters are boring all the game desing is boring even it doesnt even worth a dollar
  32. Byv
    Aug 29, 2020
    I just get tremendous pleasure from the game. It is interesting to read all the dialogues, lore of the game. The combat mechanics are great. The interface is convenient. Cool music and sounds. Of course, I would like to have faster level loadings, because even on the SSD they are quite long and have fixed several bugs. Otherwise, I am very happy with the game.
  33. Sep 3, 2020
    Long gone are the days when a game would be released in a state that could be actually played.

Just wait 2-3 years for the game to be fixed, this is maybe an alpha version. Far too many game breaking bugs, right now I can't progress because I have companions randomly leaving the team. However, as long as we keep buying this crap, companies will release it. The only way to stop this

However, as long as we keep buying this crap, companies will release it. The only way to stop this is to stop pre-ordering games (I did not preorder this, but many did of course, so they could be the first to stream).

In the end it's your (our) fault for keep on buying games on pre-prder instead of waiting. Gaming companies just care about pre-order and first month sales, they know that's all that matter.
  34. Aug 31, 2020
    Pls play this game. If you're a fan of the oldschool cRPG's, you must have this gem!
  35. Sep 25, 2020
    The say its got a coop. i want to play that. i cant. so, its an unfinished not playable game. 1 month after release , the patch says "We’ve made over a dozen individual changes aimed at improving performance and stability, especially on consoles." fu*k consoles. pc master race, dont give a **** about consoles.
  36. Aug 31, 2020
    This is my game of the year so far. While performance isn't amazing (lots of stutters especially using the "highlight all" key) it doesn't even come close to making it a negative experience. Amazing world building and characters, constantly making choices that have big and small effects in the world, really fun and engaging combat and leveling / build system. Its the old school falloutThis is my game of the year so far. While performance isn't amazing (lots of stutters especially using the "highlight all" key) it doesn't even come close to making it a negative experience. Amazing world building and characters, constantly making choices that have big and small effects in the world, really fun and engaging combat and leveling / build system. Its the old school fallout experience in a massive and pretty package with tons and tons of content. Expand
  37. Sep 19, 2020
    I tried to convince myself to this game, unfortunately the game is so ugly that more than 20 minutes per session is impossible to bear. Even the old fallout 2 with its sprite animations seems much more aesthetic than this.
  38. Sep 5, 2020
    I really loved this game, from the story to the characters and everything in between. I loved the characters and the scenery. Amazing dialogue delivery had me shaking a few times....a huge upgrade from wasteland 2. Love it, well done Inexile. Just a few bugs here and there, but im sure they will be fixed....hoping for some new dlc to come out so we can get back to playing!! also can neverI really loved this game, from the story to the characters and everything in between. I loved the characters and the scenery. Amazing dialogue delivery had me shaking a few times....a huge upgrade from wasteland 2. Love it, well done Inexile. Just a few bugs here and there, but im sure they will be fixed....hoping for some new dlc to come out so we can get back to playing!! also can never stress enough waiting for wasteland 4 !!! :) Love u inExile thank you for sticking with the beloved franchise. Expand
  39. Sep 7, 2020
    If your a fan of Isometric RPGS i highly recommend this game. Its pretty rough around the edges with some bugs and performance issues but it has really interesting characters, well done voice acting and its an absolute joy to explore the world map and find side quests and build your characters up.
  40. Sep 8, 2020
    It’s a brilliant post-apo turn-based game. I have already 40 hours on it & can't get enough of it. TWO best games ever are: Fallout & XCOM and this is crossbreed of them. What more can you ask for? :)
    Just one imperfection: loading screens (Jesus Crist! or maybe Holy President Reag..! is more apt :)
  41. Dec 9, 2020
    Although I like the dev team and recognize this is a product made with love... it's still not a good game.
    The story has always been basic, but this was pretty bad. Most characters and factions don't make any sense and it's hard to sympathise with any of them. Secondary and main characters have zero depth and personality.
    Combat system is too much of a mess. Somehow my sniper does as

Combat system is too much of a mess. Somehow my sniper does as much damage as my revolver user, and I just have to rely on crits to survive, while even with top armor, most opponents can one-shot me. Not particularly strategic or fun.

The more you get into specifics, the worst it gets. Some skills are super important, others have zero relevance.... all depending on what items you find. Zero strategy, again, my team essentially all did the same but with the same weapons. Ah, and somehow assault rifles and "big guns" are the worst weapons?
    AI is crap, followers always get stuck in your way.
    Lots of tiny bugs everywhere...

I almost quit several times, but I made it to the end, just because I like finishing things. But solving the final fight with a couple of persuasion checks... really? After so many generic fights that I was forced to do for no reason?
  42. Dec 28, 2020
    Played it thanks to having it on MS GamePass. Biggest downside for the game is that it will be inevitably compared to Dinivity Original Sin 1 and 2. And once you do you'll have to accept it doesn't really compete.

The party system is good, it's generally easy to make a balanced 6 member squad that covers the most useful skills. The turn-based combat is enjoyable too. The story beyond the combat feels a bit thin though. The world feels empty and the driving around just ends up being tedious and pointless. It's also very obvious that several quests have limited angles to approach them. While there's some choices you can make it's not that you feel like you are really supposed to play "your way".

Not sure about replay value either, I definitely didn't feel like it immediately after nor after a few weeks went by. Might try it eventually just to see how far off story you can go.
  43. Aug 30, 2020
    Pro : nice game, graphic and gameplay are ok.
    Con : this is not Wasteland !
    - graphics are cartonish and above wasteland 2 ! - voice acting is a job : why did you do that ? - gameplay are ok : unless you use mouse and keyboard - wasteland 2 had some jokes and a bunch of serious moments : wasteland 3 is a constant joke ! - repetitive gameplay - no personal inventory. just a one
    Pro : nice game, graphic and gameplay are ok.
    Con : this is not Wasteland !
    - graphics are cartonish and above wasteland 2 !
    - voice acting is a job : why did you do that ?
    - gameplay are ok : unless you use mouse and keyboard
    - repetitive gameplay
    - no personal inventory. just a one shared bag for the team : we are not psXbox players !
    - for the second time in his long life this old man had asked for a refund !
  44. Sep 6, 2020
    Riddled with game breaking bugs, completely unfinished in its current state, yet they were sure to include a AAA price tag. The amount of manual saves I have to do while playing co-op is mind numbing, takes me completely out of the games immersion, and still does little to nothing to alleviate the massive issues this game has. We have lost several hours of progress on numerous occasionsRiddled with game breaking bugs, completely unfinished in its current state, yet they were sure to include a AAA price tag. The amount of manual saves I have to do while playing co-op is mind numbing, takes me completely out of the games immersion, and still does little to nothing to alleviate the massive issues this game has. We have lost several hours of progress on numerous occasions and have finally given up. This game is unplayable. Until its patched and fixed to a massive degree we're done. Sloppy. Buggy. Unfinished. Mess. How disappointing. Expand
  45. Sep 7, 2020
    Another unfinished and buggy game from a newly Microsoft owned studio. Wait another half year if they fix the numerous bugs and glitches.
  46. Aug 29, 2020
    Pros: Detailed world, the scope and the graphics. The game looks quite nice.
    Cons: Boring/repetitive game play. The trailer looked great, and the first few hours of real game play were all right, but from there it quickly becomes a chore
  47. Aug 29, 2020
    While game has it's charm, seems like it didn't have proper QA testing. If you want to play co-op with a friend - don't buy it until massive bug-fixing patch or you'll be pretty disappointed in first couple of hours - amount of game-breaking bugs in multiplayer is huge, including full game-progress wipe at random location transfers.
  48. Sep 1, 2020
    An improvement over the already amazing Wasteland 2 in every way. Better UI, Graphics, gameplay and content. Dont get the bugs issue everyone is going on about. I'm about 20 hours in and literally not come across any bugs yet at all. Amazing sequel.
  49. Sep 15, 2020
    Wasteland 2 was a janky, weird, broken, fantastic roleplaying game. It maintained a sort of gallows whimsy throughout its playtime that was bound to leave an impression on anyone, good or bad. The struggle between the rangers trying to rebuild some semblence of the old world and their nemesis insisting at knifepoint that all the old ways must die was as fascinating as it was (sometimes)Wasteland 2 was a janky, weird, broken, fantastic roleplaying game. It maintained a sort of gallows whimsy throughout its playtime that was bound to leave an impression on anyone, good or bad. The struggle between the rangers trying to rebuild some semblence of the old world and their nemesis insisting at knifepoint that all the old ways must die was as fascinating as it was (sometimes) screen-smashingly difficult. The depth of occasional frustration as well as occasional brilliance panned out to a unique and memorable RPG in the spirit of niche nerd titles of days gone by. It was developed for PC after a lengthy crowdfunding period and ported to console a few years later.

Wasteland 3 is an isometric-3D tactics game with a fully voice-acted narrative and RPG elements. Unlike its predecessor WL3 was released simultaneously on console and PC rather than being ported to console later. In many ways this choice doomed this game to sell much better than its predecessor while simultaneously being a buggy mess on console and an utter mediocrity on PC.

Combat is both the highlight and the main gameplay loop. WL3 is indeed a fun tactics game. The combat overall feels both strategic and punchy, though I was well sick of the slow animation speed by midgame. Your journey is mostly linear but every mission has a recommended level listed so stumbling into fights you can't win is unlikely...in fact, even on the highest difficulty, I was thoroughly OP for the last third of the game.
    Combat losing its zest is a ubiquitous RPG problem, by endgame one is usually either steamrolling everything or fighting improbable bullet sponges...it's at this point that an RPG would fall back on worldbuilding, narrative and characterization to give proper gravitas to the final battles, even if the mechanics of the battle have become boilerplate to the player. Unfortunately WL3 presents an anemic story told by 'functionally' voice-acted cardstock NPCs on a bleached paper background that we are assured is snowy colorado and not just a blank page.
    The camera is pulled quite far back and all of the VFX are layered on like varnish. The audiovisual experience is a swampy mess much of the time, overlaps and strange volumes and brightnesses...everything looks and sounds slightly like a postapocalyptic wasteland and slightly like a glitchy game about to crash. There ARE impressive details sprinkled about that help to give the setting some presence but too often they are all but invisible, swallowed up by ambience and bloom.
    The story is told with a low word count, limited player interaction and inconsistent charecterization. None of the villains are interesting or in any way morally grey or likeable. The main antagonist has a silly anime hammer and an "Iron Throne" made of missiles...my eyes rolled across the floor. That's about as deep as it gets, he may as well have been an anthropomorphic truck the whole time.

TL;DR

If you are a die-hard fan of turn-based tactics combat this game is probably worth your time.

If you like Wasteland 2 and were hoping for a more iterative followup WL3 will likely leave you frustrated and disappointed.
  50. Sep 8, 2020
    Just what the F**k is this f**king piece of sh*t? (I am just imitating the tone of the character in the game.)

I thought wasteland 3 must be better than wasteland 2, I mean, it must be, isn't it? Well, it isn't. It turns out to be a scrap. Pro: 1. Sorry but there is no pro. The only pro seems to be it's light effect. But, light effect means nothing to it's visual effect, and the

Well, it isn't. It turns out to be a scrap.

Pro:
    1. Sorry but there is no pro. The only pro seems to be it's light effect. But, light effect means nothing to it's visual effect, and the game's graphics is just bad. Although you may think the bad graphics is still acceptable, but it will be unacceptable when this bad graphic is burning down your GPU and making the load time incredibly long at the same time.

Con:
    1. Too many bugs. Buggy and broken. The more you play the game, the game becomes slower. Make a random weird move, boom, the game is totally broken and sorry but you have to load your save.

2. Incredibly long loading time. If you want to go to an inner room from the world map, you need to load about 3~5 times, (for example world -> downtown -> bar -> basement.) with each load about 3 to 5 minutes (and I'm even using an NVM-Express SSD, not an HDD). Basically over half of your playing time will be spent on loading.

3. Boring story. What is this f**king story? An RPG without a good story is just garbage. The story of this game is so boring, I won't spoil it but I'm sure you won't like it. The story of this game is just like the stories in those boring Chinese MMO games. Upgrade your team, defeat the boss, boom, f**king game's over.

4. The repetitive missions. This is not a MMO game, isn't it? It's an RPG game! The creators of this game surely believe this game should be a MMO game, so they make their game-play like this: Go fight some enemies and get reward. Go deliver some item and get reward. Go save some people and get reward. So repetitive, so boring, and so stupid.

5. Bad gaming experience. A good game should have a very fluent and comfortable gaming experience, which apparently cannot be found in this game. For example, there is no item sorting in this game, which means if you want to find a proper weapon or item, you have to find it yourself in hundreds of garbage items, not to mention there is even a so-called "junk" item category in this game, WTF... For another example, you can only sell things by right-clicking the item and selecting "Sell" option. But what if I have hundreds of junk items in my bag and I want to sell them all by only one click? Sorry, you can't. Sell them one by one, and don't forget to right click!

6. The super weird environment in the game. Every NPC, every character, even robots and animals, are so damn crazy, they just can't talk normally. Every npc in this game is just like those lunatics in Mad Max when they talk. I know this is a post-apocalyptic world, but should every living thing, even animals, be crazy? You might believe that animals will not be so crazy, not until you meet a little parrot who only yells the most vicious sentence to you. By the way the first line of this review is only me imitating the way those in-game characters speak.

7. There is no freedom of choice in this game. The best thing of C-RPG games is that you can make different choices in different situations. Letting this guy live, letting that guy die, every choice should matter in C-RPG games. Well, not in this game. In this game, you can make some choices indeed, but whatever you choose, if you are not choosing to be a good guy, boom, the game is over. In other words, you can only choose what the game want you to choose, choosing other options means the game is over. And I'm not joking, I'm serious. In the very beginning of the game, you will face an important NPC, but if you choose not to corporate with him, boom, game is over. Yeah it's real, the game is really over. You probably think other games may also have a game-over beginning, but this is not only in the beginning. Any time later in the game, if you don't choose what the game want you to choose, game is over.

Conclusion:
    It's not I don't like C-RPG games. On the contrary, I love C-RPG games. Divinity Original Sin 2 is the best game I have ever played in recent years. But this Wasteland 3? I was hoping this would be a good game, at least I hope this game can be equal to its predecessor. However, it's such a disappointment, this game is just garbage. Wasteland 2 is even far better than this, although I don't like wasteland 2 either.
  51. Aug 31, 2020
    2020 year. Seriously? It is not possible to look at it. The graphics are worse than Fallout Tactics. The animation is terrible. Perhaps there are gorgeous quests, but I'm not ready to look at it.
  52. Aug 31, 2020
    One of the most immersive worlds ever created, it just feels so alive. This is mainly down to the fantastic voice work, of which there's a ridiculous amount, absolutely everything is voiced and voiced well. The story is also interesting and engaging, and the missions are enjoyable, even side quests are worth doing for upgrades and just fun interactions, you never know who you're going toOne of the most immersive worlds ever created, it just feels so alive. This is mainly down to the fantastic voice work, of which there's a ridiculous amount, absolutely everything is voiced and voiced well. The story is also interesting and engaging, and the missions are enjoyable, even side quests are worth doing for upgrades and just fun interactions, you never know who you're going to meet along the way. I can't name many games where you can pay to have sex with a goat, but you can in Wasteland 3.

Gameplay-wise it's solid, nothing innovative but it does the basics well. Switching to team-based turns was a good idea, the combat plays out much smoother this way. The game also has a ton of content, you're looking at 60+ hours at least, and there's no way you'll see everything in one playthrough.

Where the game really falls down is performance, stability and lack of polish, the game is riddled with bugs. I would describe it as a great game that's not in a great state, it needed to be delayed at least 3 months IMO. The loading times are also very long, probably the longest I can remember in recent memory, and they're frequent. The frame rate is generally OK whilst travelling the world but it really chugs in combat as the Unity engine just can't cope. There are also several bugs relating to performance, for example, every time you hit shift to highlight objects the game freezes and haemorrhages frame rate, these aren't problems unique to myself, everyone is suffering from them regardless of hardware. Co-op is another big issue, there are countless bugs and crashes related to this mode, so if you want to play with a friend you may wish to wait for a few patches. My advice, in general, would be to wait, this is a game that will only get better with time and I really do feel it's worth waiting for.
  53. Sep 3, 2020
    -frame drops
    -slow fights
    -loading times
  54. Sep 5, 2020
    I’m having a lot of fun with this game. It’s a very good game. The world is living and intricate the map is detailed and well designed. The areas are well connected. I like the characters and the dialogue is able to be both gritty and funny as and when it chooses. The choice you have as a player is great. The items are varied and really well implemented. The weapons look great and can beI’m having a lot of fun with this game. It’s a very good game. The world is living and intricate the map is detailed and well designed. The areas are well connected. I like the characters and the dialogue is able to be both gritty and funny as and when it chooses. The choice you have as a player is great. The items are varied and really well implemented. The weapons look great and can be modded etc. Plenty of customisation. The music is fantastic. There is a lot to like.

But... For me... it has to compete against the best game ever made in Divinity Original Sin 2 which is a very difficult proposition.

Wasteland 3 is a very enjoyable game but I’m comparing it to the greatest of all time so of course I’m going to be disappointed on occasion. Particularly during combat. There isn’t the variety of skills, and approaches to combat that makes DOS2 so brilliant.

However, there are moments of sheer brilliance in this and it is a must play.
  55. Sep 13, 2020
    It amazes me that game companies after all these years still don't understand that you cannot release an unfinished game. Now what could have been a great game, will get a low rating.

The game is not finished. The bugs are game-breaking. For example my teammates with the status loyal leaving my team after like 60 hours after a fight with raiders, doesn't matter what I do. Mistake enemies for allies. Or the constant incredible lag that starts in fights every 2 fights. Or combat music playing together with music on the radio in a massive mess. Quest chains not completing, or things happening against your choices. etc. Did they even play through this game before releasing it?

The players need an excuse for this game, especially at full price. It's sad because it has a lot of things going for it.

Pros:
    *A lot of gear and weapons
    *Pretty fun combat when it works
    *A lot of humor (never chuckled this much at a videogame before)
    *Doesn't shun from the grittyness of the wasteland
    *Good dialog options and choices
    *A sense of acomplishment
    *Level system
    *Good difficulty level and you actually have to use money and upgrade to finish encounters.
    *Music/Ambient is very good overall

Cons

*Really bad story, basically attacked and kill those who did it. But some funny none-player characters.
    *Incredible amount of bugs and lags
    *Shallow main characters, really lacking the deep characters present in other similar RPG:s like Divinity or Pillars of Eternity.
    *No fast travel and extremely long loading times. What where they thinking? It's one thing having no fast travel in the vechicle map, which is fine. But within cities with the huge loading times just to turn in a quest and a dialog for 3 min then ruining and loading for 10. Incredible..
    *Clunky performance in combat, feels slow.
    *The inventory is terrible. No sorting, not working proprly. Terrible comparing. Statusboxes very unclear.
    *Cliché and mediocre enemies. Everyone is a crazy cult. Normal people doesn't seem to exist. Few gray lines. Full crazies.
    *Graphics are old and outdated and stiill the game runs like ****
    *No group healing (again what where they thinking?). It's not fun. Just pure annoyance having to manually heal each person after every fight. There is a reason other RPG:s have "rest" or "bedroll".
    *Useless anticlimax ending

Anyway, this game without all bugs deserve a 6 maybe a 7 for sure. It has many funny moments and addicting combat. But in this state I think a 5 is more than the game deserves.
  56. Sep 7, 2020
    Game is full of bugs, perfomance issues, lack of balance, storytelling is a fully absurdish, the game feels cheap and non-atmospheric. After a good second part its a big step back and I'm completely disappointed. And russian localization stupid and amateurish. The game is not worth the money.
  57. Aug 31, 2020
    I had more Bugs Performance issues and glitches with this game than Fall out 76, yeah that bad. I really thing this Game Pass Idea i promoting lazy games design, just look at the human character , just look at them , they are hideous. Game being review boosted by certain sites in the ever honest games media, no sure the reason though.
    Not 50 seconds into this game and you are treated to
    Not 50 seconds into this game and you are treated to the extreme low budget effort and a complete half arsed effort. After like 15 minutes of loading you get to the character select screen and your eyes melt. Almost all the character look like either Burn Victims or Been String Victims. They are offensive to look at. These are not humans, even this early in the game and the game is clearly made my armatures.
    I played a good 2 hours of it and it the same old affair, ive played heaps of this game and it does nothing new, Only original aspect is the fact it was released full of bugs and glitches, I am not going to list any, because I would be here all day. Was waiting month for this on Game Pass, I have downloaded it like a dozen times and its still buggy at launch,
  58. Aug 30, 2020
    Juego impresionante, desafiante , donde te cuentan una verdadera historia de sobrevivientes.. TECNOLÓGICAMENTE PARA LA VISTA QUE EMPLEA SE VE MUY BIEN , los personajes tienen diversas habilidades donde cada uno tiene su funcion, los combates por turnos son entretenidos.. MUY RECOMENDABLE
  59. Aug 29, 2020
    wasteland 3 is a perfect mix of Divinity Original Sin, Xcom, and a little bit of Fallout.
    maps are enormous with lots of details, quests are challenging and almost every choice has consequences, tons of loots and customization for rangers and old classic country music make this game an amazing RPG.
    I give it 9/10 because of the numerous and long loading screens. It even shows annoying loading screen when u want to visit a small building in an area.
  60. Aug 29, 2020
    they need to iron out the bugs but so far so good. Not perfect but very fun and has character.
  61. Aug 29, 2020
    The game is alot like the previous wasteland games so if you liked them you will like this one too.
    I have heard of a few bugs on the game i havent seen too many so far. My playtime currently is 13 hours. I will edit this when i get more hours in if you can edit this. The gameplay is what you would expect from a wasteland game and its pretty smooth. Story is ok so far. Theres lots of humour and the game doesnt take things too serious.

Now the complaints i have:
    -Like others have said the loading times at the moment are unacceptable for 2020. No matter if you have super duper SSD every time you go to a different (map) the game loads for a 1minute minimum.And this wouldnt be that big deal if there wasnt so many map transitions and there is a lot of them. Also same load time every time you have to load a game. If they can somehow fix this issue i could easily give this game 9/10 maybe even a 10/10 who knows.
    -The inventory/skill UI isnt very good but not game breaking.

Hopefully InXile will iron out the loading times and the bugs.
  62. Aug 30, 2020
    Well, this is still wasteland 2. But much, much better. I'v had a feeling that game is missing something while i was playing W2, and i don't have such a feeling while i play W3.
    If you compare W3 with W2 it's gonna be.
    +Better soundtrack (it' was pretty easy, w2 sountrack is just ambient) +World feels more alive +Better roleplay +combat system is now easier to understand thanks to
    If you compare W3 with W2 it's gonna be.
    +Better soundtrack (it' was pretty easy, w2 sountrack is just ambient)
    +World feels more alive
    +Better roleplay
    +combat system is now easier to understand thanks to better descriptions
    -Awful optimization, and i mean AWFUL. When game bugged with a The TAB button stuck, it was under 5 FPS (And config is i5-9500f, rtx 2070s, and 16gb ddr4, 1440p)
    P.s. And me personally didn't have any problems with co-op
  63. Aug 29, 2020
    One of the best games I have ever played I was addicted for hours so much fun!!!!!
  64. Aug 29, 2020
    En Wasteland 3, tomas el mando de un escuadrón de Desert Rangers, hombres y mujeres de la ley en un mundo posnuclear, que intenta reconstruir la sociedad desde las cenizas. Más de un siglo después de la caída de las bombas, estás librando una batalla perdida para mantener con vida a tu amada Arizona. Excelente secuela
  65. Aug 29, 2020
    Great game.. having lots of fun.. The graphics are great.. Dialogues too.... It´s a must play... congrats for the great game
  66. Aug 30, 2020
    It's been a long while since I've enjoyed a video game this much. Improves on the previous one in every possible way. The amount of choice and story reactivity here is truly impressive on a scale I'm not sure has ever been attempted before.
  67. Sep 11, 2020
    Didn't like the last one and took a risk. I'm quite surprised how good the game is. There are some real choices and the world and people you meet are quite interesting. Someone called it the true fallout and i think this is quite fitting. Worst thing about part 2 for me was the save scumming for skill checks and i didn't reload a single time for this purpose in part 3 in the 50 hours iDidn't like the last one and took a risk. I'm quite surprised how good the game is. There are some real choices and the world and people you meet are quite interesting. Someone called it the true fallout and i think this is quite fitting. Worst thing about part 2 for me was the save scumming for skill checks and i didn't reload a single time for this purpose in part 3 in the 50 hours i played up to now.

Rated it a 10 before but the loading times get really annoying especially later in the game where you don't have to explore the map, but perhaps just have to revisit a single person. Feels like 30% playing 70% loading.
  68. Aug 29, 2020
    Finally a great game from inXile. It has good story and dialogues, interesting quests, elaborate choices and consequences of these choices, interesting combat and very fun character creation system. It also delivers quite a bit of challenge on highest difficulty were we can't just distribute skill points or attribute points randomly and still succeed. This is rather rare these days (notFinally a great game from inXile. It has good story and dialogues, interesting quests, elaborate choices and consequences of these choices, interesting combat and very fun character creation system. It also delivers quite a bit of challenge on highest difficulty were we can't just distribute skill points or attribute points randomly and still succeed. This is rather rare these days (not counting indie games). Also, the graphics are good and music and soundtrack are just superb.

In addition the world feels alive and responds to our actions. Newspapers tell about our deeds, in the radio much happens, there is some great exploration here and we have really nice gadgets and a vehicle. In general the game is very polished and even though there are occasional bugs it's nothing game breaking (plus it's to be expected from such a massive game). Best AA game in many, many years,
  69. Sep 4, 2020
    Отличная игра, если вам нравится тактический геймплей в стиле х-ком. Наконец они допилили Wasteland до приемлемого уровня. Давно уже не видел чтобы в игре действительно работали навыки и умения, да и требовались не только один раз за всё прохождение, чем даже игры от беседки не могут похвастаться. Добротная ролевая система для такого уровня игры. Не настолько проработанная как в тех жеОтличная игра, если вам нравится тактический геймплей в стиле х-ком. Наконец они допилили Wasteland до приемлемого уровня. Давно уже не видел чтобы в игре действительно работали навыки и умения, да и требовались не только один раз за всё прохождение, чем даже игры от беседки не могут похвастаться. Добротная ролевая система для такого уровня игры. Не настолько проработанная как в тех же пилларсах, но и не прикрученная ради галочки как в фоллачах Тодда. Не идеал, но крепкая достойная игра. Expand
  70. Aug 29, 2020
    Masterpiece of an RPG.
    Crest combat and character voice. Soundtrack also awesome.
  71. Sep 1, 2020
    An upgrade in nearly every dimension from Wasteland 2. The only thing which feels superficial about it is the multiplayer, which should be avoided until it can be patched and fixed.
  72. Sep 14, 2020
    Unlike other turn based games like XCom, for example, there is no graduated difficulty, with the game being, I feel, unreasonably difficult from the get go. The result is either you will persist or become frustrated, as I did and walk away.

I don't mind a challenge but i do expect to be given at least a little time to get comfortable before the game becomes tougher. All in all I think this was a poor decision by the designers which will see this game appeal to die hard turn based fans only.
  73. Aug 30, 2020
    I'd give the game a 10 if it wasn't for the bugs, which I believe will be patched. I'll just keep it plain and simple. If you A. Love XCOM and B. Love Fallout 3, then get this game. The storyline is engaging and fun, the combat mechanics are just like XCOM, and it's got the Fallout world. What more can you ask? On top of that, Microsoft Gamepass for new members is just $1 the first month.I'd give the game a 10 if it wasn't for the bugs, which I believe will be patched. I'll just keep it plain and simple. If you A. Love XCOM and B. Love Fallout 3, then get this game. The storyline is engaging and fun, the combat mechanics are just like XCOM, and it's got the Fallout world. What more can you ask? On top of that, Microsoft Gamepass for new members is just $1 the first month. So I picked this up for a buck. What more can you ask for? Expand
  74. Sep 5, 2020
    Amazing game, lots of fun. One of the biggest surprises for me. I hadn't been waiting for it honestly, but once I saw reviews and gameplays I immediately bought it on Steam. Feels like a dream come true for an old gamer who remembers all the great games of the 90s. This if literally Fallout 2 with 2020 graphics and Xcom combat system. What more can you ask for? Buy it, support the devs andAmazing game, lots of fun. One of the biggest surprises for me. I hadn't been waiting for it honestly, but once I saw reviews and gameplays I immediately bought it on Steam. Feels like a dream come true for an old gamer who remembers all the great games of the 90s. This if literally Fallout 2 with 2020 graphics and Xcom combat system. What more can you ask for? Buy it, support the devs and rejoice! Expand
  75. Sep 5, 2020
    I don't often write reviews but wow what a fantastic game, I've not been able to sleep because I can't get myself off of this game, it entices you to keep going and discover more, the dialogue is fantastic so far characters have a certain charm and they all merge to their environments, some of the interactions are hilarious without being overtly cringeworthy, the combat is fast-paced forI don't often write reviews but wow what a fantastic game, I've not been able to sleep because I can't get myself off of this game, it entices you to keep going and discover more, the dialogue is fantastic so far characters have a certain charm and they all merge to their environments, some of the interactions are hilarious without being overtly cringeworthy, the combat is fast-paced for turn based, exploring is rewarding, the game keeps opening up and more and more content is available, decisions you make have risks and rewards, you don't always get the best stuff for being the nice guy, multiple playthroughs are definitely required.

The game does suffer from some launch performance issues, some fights become a stuttering mess and the graphics aren't going to knock your socks off any time soon, some textures are blurry and load times are atrocious, but honestly this is one of those games where the gameplay is that good, I can actually forgive the game for not being perfectly optimised, and from what I have read Inxile are working hard on getting this game patched to run better.

Best RPG I have played since the Witcher 3, triumphs Div 2 in every aspect, get this game on Gamepass and stick with it for a few hours until it opens up, you do not want to miss out on this game.
  76. Sep 5, 2020
    Game is amazing, I can't put it down! Light years ahead of Wasteland 2. I must if you like Tactical RPG's and in game decisions which have an impact.
  77. Sep 7, 2020
    Замечательная игра ,с интересным трешевым лором. По сравнению со второй частью , Wasteland 3 выглядит дороже и качественнее. Музыкальное сопровождение подобрано отлично и очень хорошо передает атмосферу. Буквально оказываешься затянут в дикий, постапокалиптический вестерн. Геймплейно игра осталась прежней, но обросла целым ворохом новых фич, которые неплохо вписываются ,и в целом делаютЗамечательная игра ,с интересным трешевым лором. По сравнению со второй частью , Wasteland 3 выглядит дороже и качественнее. Музыкальное сопровождение подобрано отлично и очень хорошо передает атмосферу. Буквально оказываешься затянут в дикий, постапокалиптический вестерн. Геймплейно игра осталась прежней, но обросла целым ворохом новых фич, которые неплохо вписываются ,и в целом делают игровой процесс интереснее. Оружия и брони, разных примочек для них и ваших персонажей очень много, что лично для меня не мало важно (Можно даже киборгом стать!). Особое уважение за диалоги и диалоговую систему в принципе. К чему я привык в играх от obsidian. Ты видишь в диалоге доступный вариант с циферкой твоего навыка и уже заранее знаешь, что этот вариант максимально верный и прибыльный для тебя. В Вейстленд 3 это так не работает!
    Сюжет увлекает и ставит игрока перед нелегким выбором. Несмотря на шутливый и трешевый стиль повествования, игра отправляет тебя в довольно жуткое приключение , где игроку нужно принимать не простые решения, в которых вы неоднократно будите сомневаться по ходу повествования.
    Поставил 10 баллов, но к сожалению в игре много багов и объективно ,в текущем состоянии, это должна была быть 8. За все прохождение игра ни разу не вылетала и все эти баги из разряда - раздражающие. Диалоги с патриархом лагают, Бои подвисают во время хода противника, пару раз слетали статы до начальных у основных персонажей ( с которыми стартуем) и т.д.
    Самый критичный - загрузки вплоть до минуты на ССД и в целом не слабом ПК. К примеру в Колорадо-спрингс , что бы добежать от базы рейнджеров до дворца Патриарха, вам нужно пройти 3 загрузочных экрана. Тем не менее я здорово провел время с этой игрой.
    Итог - Подождите пару крупных патчей и бегом играть. Если вам нравился Fallout 1-2 , то Wasteland 3 это то почему вы так скучали. По отличной рпг, с большим количеством диалогов и вариативностью . По чувству втянутости в игровой мир и возможностью на этот игровой мир влиять. И по роботам коммунистам конечно же.
  78. Sep 7, 2020
    this game set a brand new standard for what Rpg Suppose to be, the breathtaking opening, the human conflict within the game, it really makes u feel for the character. it doesn't dumb down itself for the crowd, unlike most of the RPG game today where you can achieve the "perfect" ending, it makes u reconsider what you did within this short period of your gaming time, there isn't a timethis game set a brand new standard for what Rpg Suppose to be, the breathtaking opening, the human conflict within the game, it really makes u feel for the character. it doesn't dumb down itself for the crowd, unlike most of the RPG game today where you can achieve the "perfect" ending, it makes u reconsider what you did within this short period of your gaming time, there isn't a time that I wasn't on edge when making hard decisions, the moment where u know what you did is futile but you have to keep going because the wasteland is depending on you, your family back in Arizona is depending on you, you are the rangers, people are depended on you. it begs the question of what is more important, the virtue of just or keeping equilibrium within a corrupted system. who says video game cant be profound Expand
  79. Sep 8, 2020
    One of the best Classic RPG I have ever played. Story, character progression, number of potential build for party, characters, open world map, humor, ways of dealing with encounters, MUSIC, moral choices - everything is here and it’s beautiful. This one will be added to Best RPGs of all time.
  80. Sep 22, 2020
    If you are a fan of isometric turn-based RPGs, this is a no-brainer. One of the best games I've ever played being a fan of the genre. The story is pretty good, but the way it is told is amazing. The character in this game is what really set it apart for me. Multiple times I was laughing out loud at the content of the game. That being said, the combat and builds you can put togetherIf you are a fan of isometric turn-based RPGs, this is a no-brainer. One of the best games I've ever played being a fan of the genre. The story is pretty good, but the way it is told is amazing. The character in this game is what really set it apart for me. Multiple times I was laughing out loud at the content of the game. That being said, the combat and builds you can put together are a TON of fun and lend itself to quite a bit of replayability, especially being able to side with different factions in the vein of the fallout franchise. The combat feels good, kind of like X-Com, and the weapon variety is cool too, somewhat reminiscent of borderlands for me. So yeah for me this was like Fallout, Xcom and Borderlands in one. As for the cons; there are definitely bugs and clunkiness that is pretty annoying at times, as well as the load screens can be pretty bad. The game continues to receive updates, so these issues should be mitigated in future builds. Expand
  81. Dec 11, 2020
    Nieco gorsza od dwójki, uproszczenie mechanik paradoksalnie zabrało jej nieco uroku. Poza tym nierówna. Są fragmenty fenomenalne (Reagan), jak i wypełniacze fabuły. Niemniej i tak byłoby 8, gdyby nie problemy techniczne, których - przynajmniej tuż po premierze - było sporo.
  82. Mar 6, 2021
    Much like The Outer Worlds, another game by an RPG studio recently bought by Microsoft, this is a game that should be more ambitious given the resources of the publisher behind it. Instead its just like Wasteland 2 with snow. This disappointed me because trailers I'd seen of the game had showcased conversations with full facial animations, this is something that only happens during someMuch like The Outer Worlds, another game by an RPG studio recently bought by Microsoft, this is a game that should be more ambitious given the resources of the publisher behind it. Instead its just like Wasteland 2 with snow. This disappointed me because trailers I'd seen of the game had showcased conversations with full facial animations, this is something that only happens during some interactions though. Maybe InXile got the Microsoft cash too late in development to really make this game stand apart from its predecessor, either way it didn't hold my interest like other CRPG's such as Pillars of Eternity 2 InXile's most recent The Bards Tale entry. Expand
  83. Aug 30, 2020
    I don't care what anyone says - this is the Fallout 3. Rodd Boward BTFO!

Writing and voice acting really shine, you can tell people working on this have vision, enthusiasm AND talent, a combination that impossible to find these days in big projects. Graphics are no slouch, offering beautiful and immersive views even if you sometimes stop to wonder what a Moskvich 412 doing in Colorado.
    I don't care what anyone says - this is the Fallout 3. Rodd Boward BTFO!

As for the combat system... Being a fan of gritty and straightforward JA2 i'll take this over XCOM any day of the week.
    Also pleasantly surprised by the quality of release version, virtually no bugs.

A preorder i do not regret in the slightest.
  84. Aug 31, 2020
    No toggle walk/run option....................... why? Goodbye Wasteland III.
  85. Aug 30, 2020
    While it does have a few bugs it's one of the most enjoyable RPG's I've played in years. Strongly recommend this one.
  86. Sep 4, 2020
    Wasteland 3 is the new standard for CRPG games! Every aspect of this game has been improved upon from Wasteland 2. The story, decision making and role playing elements are the best in the genre. Don’t miss it!
  87. Jun 10, 2021
    It's almost comedic how this game presents men and women.

Male leaders are tyrants or complete idiots that couldn't do anything if not for stronk and smart women around them. Ane there's usually a quest to replace a male leader with a female one. Meanwhile female leaders are absolutely bestest and if they fail at anything, it's because they are against impossible odds, like your
    It's almost comedic how this game presents men and women.

Meanwhile female leaders are absolutely bestest and if they fail at anything, it's because they are against impossible odds, like your first leader who while outnumbered, outgunned and mortally wounded, still defeats like 10 guys and wants to keep fighting. And they guys she's fighting are complete one-dimensional evilbandmans who tell you they gonna kill you and sex your body. And in case you missed that subtile dialogue, they lick their knives.

Another great example are the Patriarch's (LOL) kids. One son is a one-dimensional villain who literally does everything that's evil. Another son is a one-dimensional whiner. And everyone says how they are pieces of thrash that should just be disposed of. But no one talks like that about the daughter (or any other female in the game) who is responsible for a lot of bad things, yet everyone talks about her with utmost respect.
  88. Sep 12, 2020
    Dude, this game is unplayable. I get to the kodiac, and the game crashes. Every. Single. Time. Every time. I just spent the last 30 minutes restarting and reloading and reloading from old saves... Every time. I was wondering why it said that only 80% of players got the "Fixer Upper" achievement. This is why.

Why was a game released that has this kind of bug in it? I'm not a game tester.

Why was a game released that has this kind of bug in it? I'm not a game tester. You want me to be though? Fine. Pay me for it. Stop charging us full price for a game that's a glitchy mess.
  89. Aug 31, 2020
    I`ve played maybe 5-7 hours so far and there is a lot of exploring first town and doing mostly side quests you can find, game is quite immersive and well voiced, graphis are pretty descent too. Hopefully game stays so good further down the line.
  90. Sep 2, 2020
    Wasteland 3. BEST. RPG. EVER. Divinity 2 was the the all time RPG for me. W3 is better. It's been a while since finishing a game has had as much satisfaction as W3. So now I need to start up another campaign and do it even better. 60hrs sunk in and im going back again......
  91. Sep 2, 2020
    I’m not usually one who plays games like this one but it was actually good. I’m actually enjoying myself with this game so much I’m planning to try Gears Tactics eventually.
  92. Sep 13, 2020
    This game has so many issues/errors that it shouldnt be released ... for sure its not worth its price ,wai till its patched and around 5 euro

PROS: -postapo RPG -soundtrack CONS: -many issues,errors and not working elements -good soundtrack - but annoying if u hear the same song in the loop over and over during long combat -poor combat mechanics from Amiga era (level already set

PROS:
    -postapo RPG
    -soundtrack

CONS:
    -many issues,errors and not working elements
    -poor combat mechanics from Amiga era (level already set by xcom or divinity 2 shall be minimum for novaday games)
    -poor graphics
    -boring long combats missing a lot of tactical elements and issues like shooting through walls and so
    -boring stories youve already experienced too many times in other titles
  93. Sep 4, 2020
    Classic turn based RPG, except You control a full party.
    So many different choices each with different outcome. If You enjoy tabletop RPG style games, this one is a no-brainer
  94. Oct 27, 2020
    So many bugs it's actually amazing this studio has ever made a game before. Just not worth money and likely not worth the time to play it on gamepass.
  95. Sep 18, 2020
    This is one of the coolest RPGs I've ever played. It's very in-depth in terms of gameplay, the awesome combat and amazing score. It's just so detailed and the world is a joy to explore. I love how everything's voice acted as well.
  96. Feb 21, 2021
    Graphics looked like it released in 2012. Gameplay's OK; story isn't as engaging as Wasteland 2. But the biggest issue is the uninspiring visual style & dated textures.
  97. Dam
    May 7, 2021
    8 month old game feels like it's in beta.
    Saw on reddit and in patch notes that a lot of the bugs had been fixed, but it is still far from enough.
    30 minutes into my second session, the game made my PS4 crash, and it took several tries to boot it back up. Apart from a hard crash, I have only a few hours in already encountered several bugs: Tutorials not showing up when they should.
    8 month old game feels like it's in beta.
    Tutorials not showing up when they should.
    Gamma setting showng up between sessions.
    Audio settings are not saved betweens sessions.
    Squad members turning onto the same character model.

Some of my favorite games are the XCOM and Divinity: Original Sin games, so I was pretty excited to try out the Wasteland franchise. But even looking at the finished parts of the game is also disappointing. (Subjective opinions):
    The UI is ugly.
    Ingame character models look like PS3 graphics.

It is clear that there is a good game buried somewhere in this mess. Maybe give it a year or two, or wait for a remaster/new gen version.
  98. Sep 12, 2020
    It's a very good game with some minor annoyances which detract from what is otherwise a great experience. Great writing masks a fairly clichéd plot. But the UI and inventory management is frankly a bit of a mess. This doesn't ruin it by any stretch. But it could do with some TLC.
  99. Jan 29, 2021
    This is the way fallout should have remained. Best RPG since Divinity Original Sin 2.
  100. May 26, 2021
    the game is out for almost a year now and it is still the most broken game i have ever played, every 10 minutes the game have a different bug and the only way to fix it is to close/reload the game, one time the game stops responding mid conversation or suddenly the game just won't let you move your character around.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 60 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Nov 16, 2020
    Wasteland 3 should actually be called Fallout 3, as it has much more in common with two legendary Interplay/Black Isle Studios games than any later entry to the Fallout series. If that’s not a sufficient recommendation, let me put it plainly: Wasteland 3 is the best turn-based post-apocalyptic RPG in many, many years. Yes, at the time of writing this review there were many gameplay and technical issues that needed to be addressed as soon as possible, but the fun this game offered made it very easy to look past them. [11/2020, p.46]
  2. Oct 26, 2020
    Wasteland 3 is one of the best RPG's of 2020. Your choices matter, your build matters, everything you do matters. You don't just play this game, you live in it.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Oct 21, 2020
    Clichés and predictability don’t make the playthrough of Wasteland 3 any less enjoyable. After all, good post-apocalyptic RPGs are always in short supply. [Issue#248, p.36]