7.0

1. Nov 29, 2016
    I didn't expect such a quality PC Port coming from Ubisoft especially knowing what they have been giving us over the last few years. Dishonored 2 should have been subjected to that kind of treatment. The game is well-optimised. Aside from this (which is still the most important part for a PC game), graphics look really stunning (especially in 4K) every so often, gameplay cunningly evolvesI didn't expect such a quality PC Port coming from Ubisoft especially knowing what they have been giving us over the last few years. Dishonored 2 should have been subjected to that kind of treatment. The game is well-optimised. Aside from this (which is still the most important part for a PC game), graphics look really stunning (especially in 4K) every so often, gameplay cunningly evolves and attires itself with pleasant additions that make the overall experience globally well better than before. The map size is honest (twice as big as WD1's), content literally pours, the city's atmosphere is riveting and the storyline, despite being quite formulaic, lets itself get enjoyed thanks to a clever writing as well as charming characters.

Keep going Ubisoft. 9/10 well-deserved.
  2. Nov 29, 2016
    Awesome game, PC version runs well to!! This is a vast improvement over the first game, the writing is much better, the online aspects are improved and the new gadgets and such are great to. Pick this up asap, this is the game Watch Dogs 1 should have been. Oh yeah and the game world is wonderful, makes me want to visit San Fran.
  3. Nov 29, 2016
    Thank you, Ubisoft. After Mafia 3 and Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2 has restored some of my faith in PC versions.

I will admit: I was mildly terrified. Putting aside the fact that the original Watch Dogs was disappointing on the cosmic scale, the documents included with the review code made it sound… more than a little demanding. There were mentions of 10-series GeForce cards, and a 20-page PDF detailing all the Nvidia whatsits included within. After Dishonored 2 turned out to be a game that limped rather than ran, I’m not going to lie: I spent 20 minutes of the download time weighing up the value of some very expensive video cards.

Fortunately, Watch Dogs 2 runs incredibly well. Not quite flawlessly unless I drop the graphics more than I really want to, but well enough that I don’t actually have any complaints.
  4. Apr 21, 2018
    Slightly above average game for me. Gameplay-wise feels more polished than WD1 and finally I could properly drive cars with mouse and keyboard (I stopped playing WD1 after an hour due to this). The story is mediocre and boring. Collectibles are there so you can access more collectibles? The city is boring, missions range from interesting to boring as well. I couldn't care much about theSlightly above average game for me. Gameplay-wise feels more polished than WD1 and finally I could properly drive cars with mouse and keyboard (I stopped playing WD1 after an hour due to this). The story is mediocre and boring. Collectibles are there so you can access more collectibles? The city is boring, missions range from interesting to boring as well. I couldn't care much about the characters either. Unlike Far Cry 5 and Assassin's Creed Origins, where the environment carries half of the game, there were no real interesting locations in San Francisco for me. There is an in-game app so that at least you have some incentive to visit landmarks, but not much else. Expand
  5. May 4, 2017
    It's a competently put together game. There were some breakthrough moments where the characters seemed to be more than just a painful attempt to be relevant but those were too few to overcome how dull and repetitive the game is in general.

The story overall while better than the original is horribly uneven. You have the choice of peacefully resolving issues with stealth but you can also be a one man killing machine. Wiping out hundreds of people and bombing buildings. Regardless of which way you play there's no reaction by the protagonist or the rest of the team. They still crack jokes and consider themselves the righteous good guys even after you've just murdered a bunch of security guards on a college campus.

The single player experience gets dull and repetitive after a while. The drones while really interesting at first make all the missions trivial to complete once you've unlocked some key upgrades.
  6. Jan 30, 2018
    Pros:
    Nice graphics, style, music, geek culture, city, story.
    Cons:
    Annoying monotonous open-world gameplay. Boring monotonous puzzles, I don't like more than 50% additional missions and completely ignore annoying online missions: I prefer singleplayer modes in all the games.
  7. Mar 29, 2017
    This game is...unfinished.
    This game is...unfinished.
    I've enjoyed every bit of this game, and it may well be one of modern Ubisoft's best, but i feel like it was hasted to get out. The character developement screen has "aggressive", "trickster" and "stealth" ratings on perks, this made me expect there was some rating system at the end of quests. There is none. The physics are mediocre, and sometimes wall climbing is bugged. The characters in the story interact in interesting ways...until they don't. They just stop, like there was no time to end their story. Even the main quest ends abruptly, i was expecting a couple more quests before the final one.
    This is a step in the right direction, but when the direct competitor is GTA5 and the bar was set so, so high almost 3 years ago, you can't sell a game that compares more to GTA4 and expect people not to notice.
  8. Jan 27, 2017
    Very rarely do youi find a game with suchs swings between its highs and lows. Much like the first game, there is a lot to like, and a lot to loathe.
    The game looks great and is well-optimized, though compared to the piss-poor technical state most AAA games now are released in, that's not saying too much.
    The stealth and hacking gameplay is much improved from the first one. There is a bit too much reliance on the buggy and copter, and their inclusion has had a negative effect on level design, but it allows for more freedom to pick your playstyle, at least on most missions.
    Some of said missions are quite fun too. Along the main story Ubisoft eschewed the usual mission tropes like the race, the forced stealth, the timed mission etc and allowed you to approach them more indrectly, something that greatly helps immersion and keeps you from the "going through the motions" feeling you ofetn get with gta-clones.
    Unfortunately, the difficulty of said missions is all over the place. Some are so easy to one-shot they don't even feel like a challenge, while some had me resetting from checkpoint upward of 20 times. Neither is inherently bad, but the inconsistency is jarring. The most common reason for the spikes is an over-abundance of guards, making sneaking almost impossible.
    This is a problem because the combat in general and the gunplay particularly is absolute trash. All weapons from pistols to sniper rifles feel grossly underpowered. There is no feedback from enemies when hit, and when you meet heavy guards toward the end of the game, they can tank 7-8 headshots from a shotgun at close range before going down, not even stopping their own gunfire meanwhile.
    The writing in the first game was bad because of its dour tone clashing with the content. But at least you could imagine Aiden Pierce as someone capable of killing his way through an army to get to where he wanted. Marcus is protrayed as always upbeat, wise-carcking, meme-spouting good guy looking out for the people, so when he goes on a rampage, everything just feels off.
    The other characters go grossly underdeveloped and thus descend into caricatures. Not a single time could I even imagine how they grew up, what they had gone through or who they even were. Out of the central cast you only learn any background about 2 of the characters, one of which is introduced later in the game and the other is killed off.
    The series still has a way to go to be good. As it is, Watch Dogs 2 improves on the first game in some ways, but takes some steps back in others. The series needs to find a narrower gameplay focus or get lost in the mediocrity it is in now.
  9. Jan 24, 2017
    I played and enjoyed the first one. While this one is pretty much the same game with minor changes, additions and different characters, it's the characters that got on my nerves through the whole game. They were all pretentious and cheesy. The game mechanics were great and I enjoyed playing it, but with the excessively liberal teen divas, I was sure I'd see Aaron Spelling in the writing credits.
  10. Jan 25, 2017
    It's not a bad game. It's not a good one either. It's perfectly average and generic. There is nothing that would distinguish it from the flood of generic GTA clones. If you plan on buying this game consider spending the money on the real drone or remote controlled car instead. You'll probably have more fun playing with those.
  11. Jan 19, 2017
    WD2's graphics are more ugly than GTA5 and consume more system resource than GTA5. I think this game even worse than Far Cry Primal because WD2 has the graphics that are similar to GTA4.
    WD2's story is boring. Both Watch Dogs 1 and 2 have a boring map, stupid A.I. and bad background Musics.
    In conclusion, Watch Dogs series is not a must-play open world game title.
  12. Jan 21, 2017
    I believe that a game should bind you to itself in the first hour of gameplay either with its story or its fun game mechanics. WD2 obviously has "a bit" from both these qualities, but neither were enough to keep me playing the game more than an hour.
  13. Feb 15, 2017
    Great game, fun characters, fantastic location. I really loved exploring the SF locations and interacting with npcs (listening to conversations, stealing money). I loved all the side quests and photo locations. My only problem was the puzzles, while they're not super hard, I would like the option to skip them when I replay, sometimes I just wasn't in the mood for them. But I did feel greatGreat game, fun characters, fantastic location. I really loved exploring the SF locations and interacting with npcs (listening to conversations, stealing money). I loved all the side quests and photo locations. My only problem was the puzzles, while they're not super hard, I would like the option to skip them when I replay, sometimes I just wasn't in the mood for them. But I did feel great when i figured out a difficult one. I love the melee take downs (how that pool ball on a rope is non lethal I have no idea) and the options you have when contemplating your approach. Also I love that being spotted is not an auto fail, you can fight your way out if you can manage to isolate each guard. The drones are great for those hard to reach places that seem impossible in early game. The skill tree feels confusing but there are some great things to invest in. I really liked the character of Marcus and the hackers, especially when compared to some other ubisoft game characters (like those unrelatable douchbags from farcry 3). This game is super refreshing, I look forward to playing another (never played WD1). Only problem was I had one mission that kept crashing near the end so i never got around to finishing but I did get over 50 hours of playtime and will probably just start over again because I really love this game Expand
  14. Feb 22, 2017
    Disclaimer : I hated Watch_Dogs 1

Pros : Very good character development Great Graphics Fun gameplay and hacks really are intuitive this time Drones! Batman like Tech view makes things so much easier to track No research point or other goody are too difficult to reach and are neatly labelled in map. Great Controls. I am using all my hotkeys. Very well designed controls. Great
    Disclaimer : I hated Watch_Dogs 1

Pros :
    Very good character development
    Great Graphics
    Fun gameplay and hacks really are intuitive this time
    Drones!
    Batman like Tech view makes things so much easier to track
    Great Controls. I am using all my hotkeys. Very well designed controls.
    Great Music and sound.
    Hack city, hack cars on street, send cops or mob after any target... list goes on and on.

Cons:
    Crashes sometimes.
    Not properly optimized.
    Explosive devices are too powerful and infinite. Once you get 5 explosive (refilling infinitely) and ability to drop them by drones you have basically won the game.

Really great game with a great campaign. Go for it.
  15. Mar 12, 2017
    For Watch Dogs 2 I had pinned strong hope. And didn't care that the game is now Sunny, the youth and the hipsters-hackers. The main thing that was interesting to play. With this Watch Dogs 2 to copes great!
    The story plot, he's playing in the background. The game has good characters and most importantly - interesting mission. The plot is simple, but the story missions are very good. In theory they are monotonous - strike to and crack something. But in practice, missions are interesting and varied. I went mostly stealth, almost without entering the building jumper here an indispensable thing. Side missions are not sad, but very exciting. Somewhere contribute in the leaked trailer for Ubisoft, and then decide to give money to the people or to make donations, watching a funny emotion.
    In the game, as for me, minus 3: 1) Cars. They are better than in the first part, but still mediocre. They are very sharp, and large trucks almost uncontrollable. 2) Shooting. I almost didn't shoot and when he shot is suffering. The hero is very frail, of course it's good, because he's just a guy without armor, but a quick death is assured. 3) Artificial intelligence. When you're going stealth and you notice one guard, then you notice EVERYTHING and quickly pulled together for you. Come help, and they just absolutely know where you are. This is so frustrating.
    I'm at the cons for the most part didn't pay attention and enjoy this great game. This time optimization is great! Really one could expect, excellent optimization from Ubisoft. Finally, in the game there are no towers. And in General almost not felt that this is a game from Ubisoft. It is, of course, not better than Gta 5, but the feelings somewhere. And of course Watch Dogs 2 is much better Mafia 3. The graphics are good, not amazing , I play on medium settings. But the characters, objects felt some kind of plastic.
    Good plot, interesting story and side missions. A great optimization, well-researched city, nice graphics, interesting and varied gameplay focused on hacking . Watch Dogs 2 - a great game about hackers, not about murderers. It has flaws, but still I advise you to play, you will not regret. Walkthrough for 23 hours and I want more stories in this world.
  16. Dec 28, 2016
    I haven't enjoyed a video game like this since a while. This game is pure fun, especially in co-op missions. Graphics are excellent, the world in game feels very alive. In my opinion this is a GOTY material. GET IT!
  17. Dec 2, 2016
    Great graphics, good optimization, awesome characters, world is completely open from the start, fun and interesting missions, hacking everything, drones and jumpers are awesome to use, seamless and fun multiplayer without loading screens, memes everywhere.

Ubisoft is getting back on its track and I love it
  18. Nov 30, 2016
    screw that GamersBeat's review. this game changed a lot from last watch dogs.
    Improved graphics and optimization on PC, great characters and narratives.
    tho game basics are still little kinky and hard but I love this and you guys may like this!
    and even multiplayer gotten powerful and not boring!

* I run this very smoothly on Ultra and FHD, GTX 1070, DDR4 16G, I7 6700K@4.4.
  19. May 6, 2018
    One of the worst triple A games I've ever played. It is even worse than the first WD (which was a pretty awful game), this one is so frustrating, the controls don't even work properly and the control scheme is a joke. If anyone wants to buy this crap, just stay away, you won't have any fun playing it, you will lose your time and you will only get frustrating playing this crap.

The worst

The worst part of this game are the characters. It is clear that **** tried to make it more appealing to teens, but they failed so hard this time, making the characters wannabe cool kids with "cool" gadgets, including social media into this game and ****

The missions are HORRIBLE. They are incredibly forgettable, just go there hack that, go there hack that.

****, you failed hard with this one
  20. Nov 30, 2016
    Honestly this game is great. My only 'complaint' is I wish it had first person mode like GTA V that said, I love the game's representation of san fran and it runs very well at launch, which sadly is saying something right now. Like dishonored 2, fallout 4, etc. all had horrible optimization at launch. Funny after the AC fiasco ubisoft really stepped that part up, both division and this runHonestly this game is great. My only 'complaint' is I wish it had first person mode like GTA V that said, I love the game's representation of san fran and it runs very well at launch, which sadly is saying something right now. Like dishonored 2, fallout 4, etc. all had horrible optimization at launch. Funny after the AC fiasco ubisoft really stepped that part up, both division and this run very well and it's a great game. Hands down, watch dogs 1 with a better location, more fun vibe and more freedom. derp, it's great. Did I say how good it was? Expand
  21. Dec 3, 2016
    This is my first review here. I created an account just to say that WD2 is an outstanding game. I don't remember the last time I were so excited about an Ubisoft game. It's a really good and well written game (, and surprisingly polished too). The PC port is nigh perfect, maybe only the AA is a little underwhelming. Compared to some really poor PC ports like Deus EX: MD WD2 looks likeThis is my first review here. I created an account just to say that WD2 is an outstanding game. I don't remember the last time I were so excited about an Ubisoft game. It's a really good and well written game (, and surprisingly polished too). The PC port is nigh perfect, maybe only the AA is a little underwhelming. Compared to some really poor PC ports like Deus EX: MD WD2 looks like something from another planet. The city looks alive, the people and situations are over the top but believable. In short, WD2 is a great game and in my opinion it is well worth the full price. One of the best games from '16. Expand
  22. Jan 21, 2017
    Какая же несуразица, а не игра. Сюжет не интересный, задания какой-то набор слов и фраз, 90% заданий вообще не понятно куда едешь и что делаешь и зачем это вообще нужно. Все что происходит по сюжету совершенно не интересно и пресно.Какая же несуразица, а не игра. Сюжет не интересный, задания какой-то набор слов и фраз, 90% заданий вообще не понятно куда едешь и что делаешь и зачем это вообще нужно. Все что происходит по сюжету совершенно не интересно и пресно.
  23. Mar 21, 2017
    Negative Aspects
    - The Story Is Small and very poorly made
    - For a 2016 AAA Game the graphics are very bad
    - The game is full of bugs
    - AI is extremely stupid
    - Physics are extremely strange
    - Almost didn't change from Watch Dogs
    Positive Aspects
    - Different Story and Place
    - New Items like quad-copter and jumper make the game different
  24. Nov 29, 2016
    Watch Dogs 2 is just an upgraded version of Watch Dogs when looking at game play. The setting and characters are a huge improvement. The mission design is a lot better. Performance is not amazing although with an MSI 1080 GTX and 6700k I get about 65ish FPS on 1440p ultra everything. Those saying this game runs badly on the 1080 are doing something wrong. I've put about 6 hours into thisWatch Dogs 2 is just an upgraded version of Watch Dogs when looking at game play. The setting and characters are a huge improvement. The mission design is a lot better. Performance is not amazing although with an MSI 1080 GTX and 6700k I get about 65ish FPS on 1440p ultra everything. Those saying this game runs badly on the 1080 are doing something wrong. I've put about 6 hours into this game and I can say that this game is good. As a cheap person maybe not 60 dollars good but certainly 40 dollars good. Expand
  25. Dec 1, 2016
    This game is solid.

This game is solid.

Watch Dogs 2 perfectly hits the gameplay that I'd want from a hacking game! Coming from a programmer, the puzzles presented by this game in both missions and free roam feel similarly challenging to the puzzles I deal with in day-to-day work. You aren't writing literal lines of code in this game, but when you're writing code, you're not necessarily thinking about the code you're writing so much as the problems you're trying to solve. And Watch Dogs 2 channels that same spirit in a great way.

It's hard to say exactly why, but Watch Dogs 2 nails gameplay much better than the original Watch Dogs game did. It could be the more colorful environment, the more responsive NPC's, the new abilities between RC and drone... there's a lot more to unpack in this second Watch Dogs game! The game doesn't feel repetitive as the first one did. Even if there are missions and activities that are repetitive, they don't bother me because they're actually fun! Things that are repeatedly fun are never a bad thing.

Smaller notes:

- Better music, and the radio stations are a great addition. That said, they could use more entertaining host chatter (see GTA's radio for better quality there).

- The driving feels too clunky for lower end cars, but just right with higher end cars. - not saying lower end cars should perform as well as higher end cars, but that lower end cars can be slower and worse at turning without feeling completely unenjoyable the way they do now.

- The dialogue is still horrible. Watch Dogs 2 is a game that involves very mature themes, but has the tone of a PBS kids show trying to be cool. Watch Dogs needs both better writers and better voice actors. Character performance in this game is very poor. That said, the gameplay is great! And that's what we're all here for.

- A surprising addition to the game is NPC interaction! You can now greet, insult, flirt, and more with the NPC's. It feels like a basic version of the kind of interaction you might get in a Sims game. However, the interaction quickly loses its glimmer after the first two or three interactions with the same NPC. With it being a surprise feature, I can't complain. It's nice to have! And now I realize how much more interaction with NPC's I'd like from open world games. The few seconds when you're waiting to see how an NPC will response really make the world feel alive. And then when things become predictable, that life is drained completely. This is a place where Watch Dogs could really outshine both GTA, which has equally bad NPC interaction, and The Sims, which doesn't really feel like an open world at all.

Alright, I've said enough. If you're interested in this game, go ahead and buy it! Don't buy it for the story though. Buy it just because it's really fun to play.
  26. Dec 3, 2016
    This is definitely a great open world game, unlike GTA, the pedestrians in the game are really diverse, not just some random guy that let you kill. And the story is much better than the first Watch Dogs game. When you're trying to sneak in some place, you have a lot of option to choose how you sneak into it. WD2 really is a fun game, it let you do basically what ever you want to do, and itThis is definitely a great open world game, unlike GTA, the pedestrians in the game are really diverse, not just some random guy that let you kill. And the story is much better than the first Watch Dogs game. When you're trying to sneak in some place, you have a lot of option to choose how you sneak into it. WD2 really is a fun game, it let you do basically what ever you want to do, and it contain quite many humors for you to laugh a while. The PC optimized is very good, you can run ultra settings at 1080p and still stay solid 60 fps with a GTX1060 6GB. combine all of that, Watch Dogs 2 is the greatest game Ubisoft made within years. Expand
  27. Nov 30, 2016
    The game ran perfectly from the 1st Boot UP, updated to the latest nVidia Drivers and i can play the game with at least 55 FPS with several ULTRA settings and the rest with Very High on a 980Ti, 16GB DDR4, i5 6400 with OC at 4.5GHZ (yes, i5 6400 with OC)
    The game feels awesome, much better then Watch Dogs 1. Will really enjoy the game (going to go in a adventure)
  28. Nov 29, 2016
    Really good game, fun missions,

Performance is not top notch, but Frame time is steady and control response is good. Which means experience overall is good
  29. Nov 30, 2016
    PC version is just so smooth. The characters and story are just so amazing considering the original game. San Francisco is just an amazing for a hacker like Marcus to wreck havoc especially during bounty hunter missions. Ubisoft has clearly made their statement well.
  30. Dec 17, 2016
    Great improvement over the original and a fantastic location for an open world game. Quite a good PC port, but needs further optimisation. Overall, a very solid sequel.
  31. Dec 11, 2016
    Surprisingly this is a very good game. Unlike the first Watchdogs this one has atmosphere and immersion and most importantly Ubisoft didn't try to fob its customers off with a fake E3 demo to result in massively downgraded graphics.

Unlike Mafia 3, the side quests and optional extras are actually enjoyable and most of the time they don't feel repetitive! I was not a huge fan of Ubisoft with their recent releases but i have to say they have gone up in my expectations with WatchDogs 2.

A huge immersive world. Very few glitches (except for the multiplayer part when you complete a steal a vehicle mission both of you have to get in and out of the car twice for the mission to complete and receive reward but currently not everyone knows this so they just leave and you lose the points which is annoying) and it's great they picked a real city for this version because right now i am loving the mission in Alcatraz.

I was a big fan of Watchdogs 1 until it actually released and turned out to be a tired old repeat of what Ubisoft do but i was very surprised at how much they listened to the negativity they received.

Buy Watchdogs 2. You will not regret it.

Think of it as a graphically upgraded GTA V with lots of technology and cool gadgets :)
  32. Dec 5, 2016
    Awesome game. I like the characters and San Francisco setting. Donut guys are super fun) It is good that WD2 has black intelligent man as their main hero ;)
  33. Dec 11, 2016
    While the first Watch_Dogs was dodgy at best, Watch_Dogs 2 runs great on PC. The protagonist and NPCs are well fleshed out and interesting to interact with.

The game caters to varied playstyles too, I love what both the RC Car and Drone brings to the game.

After around 18ish hours oof play, I can honestly recommend this game to anyone who want a GTA style game with a geek/hacker vibe to it.
  34. Jan 21, 2017
    Unstable, prone to crashing, and incredibly buggy. Police are ridiculously, unrealistically relentless, and cars handle like complete and utter crap. Combined with Stealth mechanics from the 90's, it's just plain terrible.
  35. NBT
    Nov 29, 2016
    I must admit .. i am surprised how good watch dogs 2 is compared to the first game .. its clear they learned allot .. the game basics are still there but with better skills that are way more fun than before .,.. a good story ( not the best but still a good story ) and well .. the encounters aka multiplayer .... multiplayer has gotten an enhancement compared to the first game with moreI must admit .. i am surprised how good watch dogs 2 is compared to the first game .. its clear they learned allot .. the game basics are still there but with better skills that are way more fun than before .,.. a good story ( not the best but still a good story ) and well .. the encounters aka multiplayer .... multiplayer has gotten an enhancement compared to the first game with more modes than before .. i find my self actually having fun when random encounters happen ( and i normally hate pvp) its well implemented. the only thing i am missing now is to be able to play side and main missions coop with my friends .. but we cant get everything .. anyway .. i am having allot of fun... and you might to if you sort of liked the first game Expand
  36. BFM
    Feb 13, 2017
    This game is overrate trash.

It starts with the terrible controls and physics. You can't walk between stuff, you can't climb up/over so much stuff that you should be able to, you can't look up or down because the camera just gets blocked from moving to far, you can't exit a camera hack without aborting the current conversation/discussion that you want to listen to because
    This game is overrate trash.

It starts with the terrible controls and physics.

You can't walk between stuff,

you can't climb up/over so much stuff that you should be able to,

you can't exit a camera hack without aborting the current conversation/discussion that you want to listen to because they just bound everything to ESC,

the game runs much worse than GTA V while looking 6 years older,

animations are constantly glitching up,

physics are worse than in every mobile game,

You fall and glitch through falls or get stuck in things,

the game freezes and crashes sometimes,

you constantly see the exact same people and cars next to each other like it's a world full of clones,

the police is more stupid than in GTA 3,

don't try to escape by hiding inside a large bush or behind some stuff like you could do in GTA 5 - even if nobody saw you going there, they just know where you are, run to your position and shoot you, even if there is 0% line of sight,

When you send the police to arrest someone, they usually just end up walking against a wall on their way back to the police car,

and so much more on.

Yes the game has fun parts when it comes to the hacking or spying on others, and the story and characters are a little bit more likable then in your usual "We totally know that young people think is cool!"-Ubisoft game.

But you just can't enjoy this, because you will constantly be frustrated by Ubisoft either having no clue about good game design, programming and quality management, or simply not caring about it.
  37. Dec 31, 2016
    Wonderful game. It's really fun, and exceptionally written. No fat in the script at all. Only jokes and important plot related stuff. The game play is really enjoyable. It's very Saints Row 2, and that's very high praise coming from someone like me.
  38. Feb 1, 2017
    The first Watch Dogs game went down in history as one of the most disappointing games of the generation. I personally gave it two chances to play, but just didn't have much fun with it. The story was depressive and also a bit boring with a forgettable protagonist, plus the gameplay was lacking as well. Chicago also wasn't exciting enough and the graphics downgrade was obvious from theThe first Watch Dogs game went down in history as one of the most disappointing games of the generation. I personally gave it two chances to play, but just didn't have much fun with it. The story was depressive and also a bit boring with a forgettable protagonist, plus the gameplay was lacking as well. Chicago also wasn't exciting enough and the graphics downgrade was obvious from the start. With Watch Dogs 2, Ubisoft wanted to make sure they made all those things right, and glad to say that they not only did that but also gave us one of the very best games of 2016. The main character, Marcus Holloway, is a young, colorful hero who is not only a master hacker, but also great in parkour, fighting, driving and shooting. San Francisco is the new setting of the game, and it serves as one of the best open world maps in any game I ever played. The city is just full of life and seems like every NPC in it walking the streets has a purpose. People are working out, walking dogs, doing martial arts at the park, they do yoga, they greet each other on the streets, they sit around under a tree chatting, they talk on the phone, get into car crashes, play guitar, go shopping and the list just goes on and on. There is never a boring scene anywhere, and I often just spend time walking around doing parkour, and exploring all the sights and sounds.
    Without spoiling much of the story, I can also say that this time around taking down the "Big Brother" is a lot of fun with many interesting characters you meet on the way. Marcus joins the hacker group DeadSec pretty early on and from then his main purpose is to win his war against the government.
    There are also many activities to do in San Fran, my favorite being taking down gangs and stealing their money stash. Your dollars you can spend on buying cars, weapons, new equipment for hacking like drones, food, clothes and there is also an upgrade system. There are side missions as well like freeing other captured players and thanks to multiplayer there are plenty of co-op and PvP matches.
    I could write about this game for hours, but I rather go back and play it now. All in all, it is an amazing sandbox experience with great action, smooth driving, cool parkour and an excellent story. Must play for everyone who likes the genre.
  39. Sep 18, 2017
    I was waiting until my problem could be solved by Ubi, the game is good, in basically all the aspects is better than his predecesor, but the game have a real problem in the optimization field, my laptop can run the game in high settings 1080p no problem, at least it should, but the game continues sttuttering since i first open it, i tried everything, from user fix to ubi suggestions, andI was waiting until my problem could be solved by Ubi, the game is good, in basically all the aspects is better than his predecesor, but the game have a real problem in the optimization field, my laptop can run the game in high settings 1080p no problem, at least it should, but the game continues sttuttering since i first open it, i tried everything, from user fix to ubi suggestions, and until this day almost an entire year from release the game still suffering on this problem at least in my case, my computer can run The witcher 3, Gta V. Doom, even the poorly optimized Nier:automata, but this game is almost impossible to enjoy, literally 1 year Ubisoft, and your game still broken, ty. Expand
  40. May 13, 2017
    It is what exactly this product is a rehash of the first. A full-fledged 1.5-stink Ubisoft engine miles away. Somehow they had to write off the disaster of the previous one. And the truth, I'm not going to throw my money in reheated trash, I have serious games to invest for and they are falling.
  41. Feb 28, 2017
    Five Word Review: Enjoyable story and fun gameplay.
    Favorite Thing: The jumper and quadcopter made exploring hostile areas more fun (less risky too!). Oh, and that spider bot ... the game needed more of that thing.
    Least Favorite Thing: That painting/graffiti side quest. What a bore! Playtime: ~ 20h (all side quests, no multiplayer) Enjoyment: 8/10 Recommendation: Fans of this style
    Five Word Review: Enjoyable story and fun gameplay.
    Least Favorite Thing: That painting/graffiti side quest. What a bore!

Playtime: ~ 20h (all side quests, no multiplayer)
    Enjoyment: 8/10
    Recommendation: Fans of this style of game should play.
  42. Feb 1, 2017
    Great work! One of the best step forward in game series. First Watch Dogs was soooo bad and contained tons of bugs and broken mechanics, just a bad copy of GTA with 1-dimensional character.
    The new game is like the fresh breath! Awesome city, good graphics (with mediocre optimisation tho), LOTS of funny missions, some funny dialogs, great driving (mostly) and shooting experience, great sounds. But: no story, no "gta-style" scenes, poor OST. But the great improvements are characters: they're funny, they're hipsters, and the most important, that they aren't obnoxious and easy to listening their bla-bla-bla. Interface is also good, some puzzles are pretty challenging. Gameplay lets you to make a lot of funny ways to complete missions.
    I hope one day, Assassin's creed will be improved that way...
    7 / 10
  43. Feb 20, 2017
    the game is great! I can't understand why its rated so low,

I played and enjoyed GTA 3 and GTA 4 but found GT5 to be just more of the same old tings with a bit of bling added, but once you peel all the bling away its the same old game. Where as Watch Dogs 2 is more interesting and holds my attention for longer with the challenge of getting things done stealthy instead of running in
    the game is great! I can't understand why its rated so low,

Where as Watch Dogs 2 is more interesting and holds my attention for longer with the challenge of getting things done stealthy instead of running in there guns blazing, which if you want you can do the whole guns blazing shooting every npc that moves.

I am holding off playing it online till My buddy gets it so we can play together, So i wont comment on that just yet but from what I have read and seen on twitch it looks as good as the single player if not even better.

I do wonder if UBI shot themselves in the foot with the console release coming before the PC as there was a problem with the online play on the consoles that needed a patch but by time Sony and Microsoft did the security checks on the patch it was released after the game came out and I feel this may have damaged the games reviews online. If they had released the PC version first there would have been no delay in the patch and all would of gone unnoticed.
  44. Mar 15, 2017
    Overall this game is just a joy to play but the story lacks at points. The PC performance is really good even on my GTX 960 I can get 1080p medium settings and a solid 40 - 60fps depending on my location. The world is absolutely beautiful and has a lot to actually explore for a Ubisoft game. The gameplay is smooth and solid. If you are a fan of stealth or action this game is for you. IOverall this game is just a joy to play but the story lacks at points. The PC performance is really good even on my GTX 960 I can get 1080p medium settings and a solid 40 - 60fps depending on my location. The world is absolutely beautiful and has a lot to actually explore for a Ubisoft game. The gameplay is smooth and solid. If you are a fan of stealth or action this game is for you. I like that this game punishes you for going in guns blazing. The characters are well written and well developed but never really seem to change over the course of the game. The side missions are a nice distraction but not much else just classic Ubisoft stuff. The main story is where the game falters. Watch Dogs 1 had a better story overall in my opinion and the story to Watch Dogs 2 never really has any high or lows, it just stays in the middle. I honestly think that the story is there to compliment the open world and all the activities that are there to do. If you are a fan of stealth or open world games this is a good game just to relax and enjoy rather than get really serious about. Expand
  45. Mar 18, 2017
    Although Watch Dogs 2 hasn't redefined gaming, it's definitely an innovative game. The gameplay is very good and the way we're able to utilize remote control cars and drones to complete missions is brilliant and adds a lot of fun to the game.

There are a lot of puzzle elements to many of the missions and the skills tree allows you to upgrade various different skills. These skills allow you to complete missions in different ways. For example, you can choose to upgrade social engineering skills, which will eventually allow you to use a gang attack on your enemies. You would just need to get close enough to an enemy to assign a gang hit on him. If gang attacks isn't your cup of tea, you can put an APB on one of your enemies and then watch a police officer rush to the scene and arrest him.

You can also upgrade your remote control car and drone, upgrade your vehicle hacking skills, markmanship...etc.

Overall, this is a great game.
  46. Apr 20, 2018
    Let's start off this review with the positives. The game idea is a pretty cool concept and the game-play is enjoyable. The negatives: Driving does not feel as natural as it should, Quests get boring after a while and the biggest factor ( my personal opinion ) is that the story is too political ( which is alright if done right ). The game tried too hard to please the SJW that it is veryLet's start off this review with the positives. The game idea is a pretty cool concept and the game-play is enjoyable. The negatives: Driving does not feel as natural as it should, Quests get boring after a while and the biggest factor ( my personal opinion ) is that the story is too political ( which is alright if done right ). The game tried too hard to please the SJW that it is very offsetting at times during the story. Expand
  47. Dec 20, 2016
    Ubisoft: we know the driving was horrendous in WD1 we will improve it slightly in WD2, but because we are so confident and deluded about how horrible the actual driving mechanic still is, we will make the first story mission about driving because that is how confident we are about our inability to master driving mechanics, oh on top of that we will not offer you an option to skip theUbisoft: we know the driving was horrendous in WD1 we will improve it slightly in WD2, but because we are so confident and deluded about how horrible the actual driving mechanic still is, we will make the first story mission about driving because that is how confident we are about our inability to master driving mechanics, oh on top of that we will not offer you an option to skip the mission. Good luck on wasting your money for this broken game plague with crash and pop ins! Expand
  48. Dec 3, 2016
    It's a good game, but perhaps should've been an expansion to the original Watch Dogs.

The original Watch Dogs was one of those games published by Ubisoft close to the beginning of the PS4/XBone generation that caused a great deal of negative feedback from consumers. People didn't like it because it was very glitchy and had many technical issues. The same thing happened with another

The same thing happened with another of Ubisoft's titles, Assassin's Creed: Unity. What is speculated is that the feedback for Unity was so poor the next game in that series, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, got worse sales as a result - though it could also be attributed to people getting sick of having so many titles in that series as well. Unfortunately, it's clear as day that Watch Dogs 2 received poor reception due to the original game's poor initial release.

Watch Dogs 2's release doesn't have the glaring issues that the original game had. It's a fun game, but like many other of Ubisoft's open-world titles, has a bit of a "collectathon" feel with the many kinds of optional side content you can do. The game has its own set of main characters and does indeed continue the plot laid out in the original Watch Dogs.

I can see that Ubisoft wanted this game to have a more relaxed feel. But, I feel that compromises the plot. The original game actually did have a very lengthy narrative - probably of a similar length to Grand Theft Auto 5. I remember, just from the storyline alone, you could spend 20-30 hours alone.

The storyline of the original Watch Dogs, to me at least, felt epic with you taking down several company leaders and even getting backstabbed by a few of your friends - I was genuinely surprised by the time I reached the game's ending. The expansion pack, Bad Blood, even wrapped up the story of one of the antagonists who had escaped the plot of the original game.

This game is a bit shorter that the original, but it doesn't have that same feeling of ambitiousness. This game likes to joke around a lot, almost needlessly. Think of it like Borderlands, but not quite to that extreme. Actually, the change between Watch Dogs and Watch Dogs 2 is exactly like the change between Saints Row 2 and Saints Row 3 - the plot having a much less serious tone and the gameplay introducing many simplifications.

The gameplay has been simplified greatly and the number of hacking puzzles where you have to rotate hacking nodes has been significantly reduced. There are many "apps" you can use on your character's phone that make the game much more easy and less repetitive. For example, you can call cars to your location and you can also fast travel to shops on the map. These are good things to me because they are a new standard for open-world games of this gaming generation and make the game a great deal more convenient.

I feel that this title didn't do enough to differentiate itself from the original. It somewhat feels like Far Cry: Primal - you know, a game that might've done better if it was an expansion, rather than a standalone new title in a series. Like the many other titles that Ubisoft has published within the last few generations, this game uses similar UI and gameplay features like its other open-world games, and if you're anything like me you're probably starting to see the trend and get a bit tired of it.

Though there were changes in gameplay elements, a lot of the game just feels like the original and even after a few hours, I found myself getting bored from playing this, even though the original came out over two years ago.

The original was the first of its kind with all of its hacking and puzzle elements, and you'd see people sharing funny images of the data your character can see about the random pedestrians in the game. But this game really doesn't bring anything new to the table, and you hardly hear people talking about it or sharing videos like the original game. People, though a bit disappointed, were still very intrigued by the game's unique hacking system and its first implementation in an open-world style game.

This title certainly does have a new and interesting plot, but that can really only take a game so far. It was quite risky for Ubisoft to produce a sequel to the original game, and unfortunately it seems that the sales didn't meet their expectations.
  49. Dec 20, 2016
    Este juego reutiliza todo del anterior watch dogs. Gráficamente sigue igual. En rendimiento es sigue igual de mierda. La inteligencia artificial es una basura con retraso mental. Está lleno de bugs y de detalles absolutamente nada cuidados. Lo único bueno a diferencia del anterior watch dogs y razón por la que le doy un 4 y no una nota menor, es su historia, la cual es considerablementeEste juego reutiliza todo del anterior watch dogs. Gráficamente sigue igual. En rendimiento es sigue igual de mierda. La inteligencia artificial es una basura con retraso mental. Está lleno de bugs y de detalles absolutamente nada cuidados. Lo único bueno a diferencia del anterior watch dogs y razón por la que le doy un 4 y no una nota menor, es su historia, la cual es considerablemente mejor que la del Watch Dogs 1. Expand
  50. May 19, 2017
    I don't like games that crash when I am playing in action. It happens sometimes with Watch Dogs 2. It makes me angry. I have Haswell processor, 16 GB ram, GTX1080 and W10. That is enough gear to run this game, but it gets random freezes and all I can do is to kill it via Task Manager. :-(
    Another thing is that I have a constant feeling that I play GTA V rip-off.
  51. Dec 1, 2016
    An easy 9/10. I find it refreshing how well the game runs after playing through the s**tstorm that was Mafia 3, No Man's Sky, Quantum Break and other select ports that were truly awful. The textures on Mafia 3 compared to this is like playing this on a playstation 2 and Mafia 3 on a Sinclair Spectrum 48k.

The graphics on Watchdogs 2 are really quite good for an open world game. I run

The graphics on Watchdogs 2 are really quite good for an open world game. I run an i5-2500k at 4.2ghz with 16GB RAM. a GTX970 at stock and a ASUS ROG G-sync monitor, so you can see. my rig is 5 years old with just a graphics card update. My CPU is far from ideal yet this runs and plays without my CPU hitting 100% much. I have this at a mix of ultra and high with MSAA off in favour of the other performance enhancing AA. I am getting between 40-60 FPS with almost zero stuttering (I used to be a member of the 60FPS brigade until I got my g-sync monitor. Now, so long as it isn't a shooter, I can easily live with 40-50FPS - the difference is non existent.

At first glance it looks like there is hardly anything to do because there are almost zero icons on the city map. This soon changes after the first half hour or so. I haven't played more than 4 hours yet and my score may change but I couldn't give it a 10 at this stage. One thing I am certain though is that unlike some other successful open world titles, the first few operations missions I did were not a walk in the park, even on normal difficulty I had issues trying to complete the mission at the studios using stealth alone. Ended up having to shoot my way out.

If you are on the fence thinking this is going to be a poor to average game like the first Watch Dogs, then be assured - it isn't. If you are like me and couldn't care less about the u-play DRM then you're in for a treat. If you won't buy because of u-play, well - its your loss. I don't see much of a difference between having to use u-play instead of steam
  52. Dec 17, 2016
    Ubisoft clearly knows when to change something...but i don't like this trend of making sandbox games that are all so similar, with lot's of things to do and get bored of. Misions are created to give you the option to do it stealth mode or just killing everyone, but either one is going to get you the same results, and when you do that, the game turns unplayble in terms of following theUbisoft clearly knows when to change something...but i don't like this trend of making sandbox games that are all so similar, with lot's of things to do and get bored of. Misions are created to give you the option to do it stealth mode or just killing everyone, but either one is going to get you the same results, and when you do that, the game turns unplayble in terms of following the plot.

You get praised for completing a mission killing civilians that has nothing to do with the mission just as if you do it without touching anyone, and the group was supposed to be some teenage hackers trying to change things on the city.... it just doesn't make sense for me.

If you are going to keep it that way and give the two options at least, i think this is a step forward from the original, but I'm not sure if it turns the game better than the prequel or not.
  53. Dec 3, 2016
    Okay I will try and be nice. This is a Ubisoft open-world game first and foremost. You can be expect lots of collectibles, side activities. However, this is a Ubisoft open-world game which means, the world feels dead, the missions are repetitive and boring the graphics aren't the best, and there is nothing that could be called emergent gameplay. None of the simplified mechanics actuallyOkay I will try and be nice. This is a Ubisoft open-world game first and foremost. You can be expect lots of collectibles, side activities. However, this is a Ubisoft open-world game which means, the world feels dead, the missions are repetitive and boring the graphics aren't the best, and there is nothing that could be called emergent gameplay. None of the simplified mechanics actually work together to create amazing moments. The controls are pretty clunky, so get used to having to reload a lot because you jumped out of cover instead of switched, or because you hacked the wrong person. The guns are bad, the cars are boring to drive, and there is little interaction with civilians. That being said it's not terrible. They try with the humor although it feels a bit heavy handed. Satirizing silicon valley and San Francisco through clever of popular stereotypes is one thing(think GTA V), but simply ripping off real life is another(Tom Cruise-esqe character, Scientology standing). Watch dogs feels like dated game design, and not the best game design at that. Not the best, nor the worst game ever. If you like Assassins Creed, Far Cry, the Crew, the first Watch Dogs then there is a chance you will like this. If, however, you find yourself always comparing games to GTA V, the Witcher 3, or MGS V you will be disappointed. Its sad to see such a major studio only making one game with different skins. Last thing, how in the world did Ubisoft manage to make car chases the most tedious thing ever? I am literally bored out of my mind as I wait for the chase to be over. Expand
  54. Dec 31, 2016
    I enjoyed the first Watch Dogs, but I mostly ran straight through it, one main mission after another, without caring much from the side content that felt out of place. I'm playing Watch Dogs 2 very differently and enjoying it immensely: the setting and story give me more incentive to explore and play with the world, and with many cool gadgets and skills at my disposal, this is a lot ofI enjoyed the first Watch Dogs, but I mostly ran straight through it, one main mission after another, without caring much from the side content that felt out of place. I'm playing Watch Dogs 2 very differently and enjoying it immensely: the setting and story give me more incentive to explore and play with the world, and with many cool gadgets and skills at my disposal, this is a lot of fun. If you like silly humour (the game does not take itself too seriously), the story is also pretty entertaining... overall a great open world game, and it's also beautiful and runs very smoothly on my GTX 970. Expand
  55. Jan 11, 2017
    Watch Dogs 2 is actually pretty impressive piece of game and is even ahead of GTA 5 in some aspects. I wasnt expecting much from Ubisoft, their games are usually pretty looking, but very boring after a while, but this isnt the case. Watch Dogs 2 is imho hot candidate for a game of the year! Buy it.
  56. Dec 23, 2016
    Very fun experience with many memorable moments.

An engrossing open-world adventure in an excellently modelled environment which doesn't take itself too seriously. Performs and looks great on PC. Design, textures, and music are all very well done. Multiplayer elements are creatively integrated and optional (I recommend leaving the default settings allowing PVP invasions).
  57. Dec 31, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the game GTA V should have been, superior in every way, with more to do, an exciting and meaningful plot, dialogue that's both relevant and humorous and multiplayer is handled brilliantly. The online experience has been blended seamlessly with the single player, which is a real blast when you're exploring and another player pops up. It makes the world seem even more teeming with life.
    It has a really non-linear approach to carrying out missions, letting you choose how stealthy you want to be and not punishing you either way. The sneaking mechanics are a joy but it's still nice to run in guns blazing every now and again
  58. Dec 26, 2016
    Cute... - ish. But still Ubisoft crap. And until they sort out their serious customer service issues, along with their friends EA and Steam, I would urge you not to buy any of their products.
  59. Apr 26, 2017
    Game is simply TRASH! After playing about 7 hours I decided to delete this garbage.

-Boring ass characters! -Mechanics are not fun at all! -The world and the style are not original I mean it feels like every Ubisoft game lately is the exact same. And by that I mean the Colors and the graphics and the animations even the feeling of the gameplay. -The plot is good yet it fails because

-Boring ass characters!
    -Mechanics are not fun at all!
    -The plot is good yet it fails because of all the horrible things in the game.
    -Not the best optimized game.

I just want to finish this review by saying WTF were you thinking by having a black hip hop dude as a hacker?
    Are you some kind retarded Ubisoft? I guess you are because you have not had one good game in years.

I really loved the first Watch Dogs it was refreshing and new. Did not have the best story but hell WAY better than this trash.
  60. Dec 9, 2016
    A pleasant surprise!
    Wasn't thinking of buying this Watch Dogs, because how cheated I felt with the first one, but I don't regret buying it! With the recent big titles of Ubisoft being well optimised and often that they are releasing good/mediocre games, my faith for Ubisoft is starting to restore.
    A pleasant surprise!

The PC version of Watch Dogs 2 is fairly optimised, with some settings taking too much of an fps hit in my opinion. What I mean by that is, I can't, for example, play this game stable (60 fps) if I turn on 2x MSAA, Nvidia's own settings or turning up extra details. However, the game looks good even if I turn those settings down/off.

Both the side missions and main missions are fun if a bit repetitive. The hacking aspect of the game is, of course, a part of the missions, but I can often choose how I want to complete it: either by killing everyone, doing it stealthy or hacking. It feels enough different for me to keep going. Sidequests are often times fun and goofy, which makes the repetitive hacking feel a lot more rewarding and therefore more fun. The one thing that really didn't feel that much fun was the collecting part since it often made me go up a really high roof and then climb all the way down again.

Sometimes I feel like the story of the game try to take itself seriously, and sometimes like it isn't. That kind of work in the sense that the hacking group is created by young hipster people. Basically, it is a decent story, with some weird parts and characters. The one thing that kind of disturbed me is that the group works to help the people living in San Fransisco, but I can still go around killing innocent guards and people during missions. It would have been nice with some kind of moral mechanic in the game so that I got less or lost followers.

My favourite thing is the amount of customization you can do to the character. It would have been nice having that amount to the cars and weapons as well, but you always want more I guess. I have never seen a game with soo many clothes options.

Overall, it's a good game and I highly recommend it.
  61. Dec 16, 2016
    A really great game.
    Closer to MGS V than it is to GTA V.
    But unlike the Kojima game, they did everything right. The Open world is beautiful with a lot of different environment, and a great level design the infiltration is great, the challenge is there, the seamless multiplayer is a great idea (that you can deactivate) The gameplay has a lot of surprises and the way you play change
    A really great game.
    Closer to MGS V than it is to GTA V.
    But unlike the Kojima game, they did everything right.
    the infiltration is great,
    the challenge is there,
    the seamless multiplayer is a great idea (that you can deactivate)
    The gameplay has a lot of surprises and the way you play change overtime with the new skills

I hope a sequel will be in the work
  62. Jan 9, 2017
    This game is far better than most people say and think.
    I believe many reviewers did not play it: that's why they said that plot and characters are dull and intended for a young public. This is only apparently true, but it becomes false as you keep progressing with the story.
    This game is far better than most people say and think.
    Let's put it this way: Ubisoft is really unique as a major software house, as it tried to create games with powerful and delicate social, civil and cultural themes. Assassin's Creed games managed to do so, with highs and low of course, but they introduced important concepts: freedom of thought, rights of minorities, anti-systemic philosophy etc, all within a dense cultural and artistic setting.
    Yes, you may say that such messages are not always well rendered in Ubisoft games, but at least they tried.
    Watch Dogs 2 is a game like that: it has something to say. It is not perfectly formulated, but the fact it does is enough for raising it over most existing games.
    WD2 is packed with civil, educational and powerful social messages, all in a lightweight and funny fashion, by means of a group of teenagers that are quite well characterized and devoted to important cultural battles.
    Also, it is technically fantastic, the gameplay is interesting and fun enough, and the story is decent though not so well paced or narrated.
    It basically has the same flaws of all Ubisoft late games: a lack of inspiration in the script, due to the intent of making the game likable to the masses at all costs.
    This is your main mistake, Ubisoft: you have to DARE again, you have to go back to the time when you created an amazing game set in Middle-east and whose protagonist was an arab. You don't have to be afraid of the masses, as they do NOT know what they want. Ubisoft, you must become again the maker of games with powerful meanings and messages.
    And Watch Dogs 2 is a step to the right direction.
  63. Dec 21, 2016
    There is nothing in this game what will force you to play it. The story mode horrible, silly characters, bad jokes, boring game-play, weird controls and so on.

And on the other side there is too much things which will annoy you that much that won't launch this game anymore. And every time you trying to give this game second chance - game disappoints you. I rate it 0/10 because I

I rate it 0/10 because I think this game is horrible. Don't buy this game. Better buy Rainbow Six, Far Cry or Steep. Ubisoft sometimes make total garbage and I can't clearly understand why, because some of their games are just very good (without negative things but still good).
  64. Jan 7, 2017
    Watch Dogs 2 has improved very well ! Watch dogs 1 was not really what i waited for, but watch dogs 2 was very complete, with a beautifull map and amazing graphics. The hacking could have been better and more usefull in free roaming, but this game still amazing !
  65. Dec 8, 2016
    Frustrating, repetitive Gameplay, lags, framedrops and freezes. Thank you Ubi for this **** game!
    For all waverers: Only buy this game if you realy like unfair moments
  66. Jan 19, 2017
    Much better than the first game! Fun, colors, memes, game is more fun, yummy to play. This should be the new trend of the current games. I remember that the first game was very dark, sad, too serious.
  67. Feb 14, 2017
    No Word required for this awesome game, Awesome MP events, nice graphics, weapons, dress customization, awesome cars and awesome hacking experience, lot more better than watch dog 1. . .and awesome acrobatic movement makes awesome game. . .
  68. Jan 26, 2017
    Watch Dogs 2 я прошёл за несколько дней и я вполне доволен этой игрой. Эта игра имеет превосходный сюжет. Она не была сделана для тупой стрельбы как это было в GTA, она заточена под сюжет и стелс прохождение, хоть и ИИ хромает.

В игре присутствует довольно не плохое количество шуток которое разбавит скуку. Также присутствует полная русская локализация за что большое спасибо. В плане

В плане оптимизации: в отзывах вижу слишком много жалоб на оптимизацию скажу так: при моём железе (AMD Phenom II X4 945, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb RAM) игра на средних настройках работает без единого лага. Так что те у кого лагает поковыряйте у себя ПО, там явно есть проблемы.

Google Translation:
    "Watch Dogs 2 I went for a few days and I'm quite happy with this game. This game has an excellent plot. She was not made for a blunt shooting as it was in the GTA, it is tuned for the story and the passage of stealth, even though the AI ​​is lame.

The game has a fairly good number of jokes that will dilute the boredom. Also there is a full Russian localization for which many thanks.

In terms of optimization: in a review, I see too many complaints about the optimization will say this: if my hardware (AMD Phenom II X4 945, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb RAM) game on medium settings works without any lag. So those who proposes to dig deeper in their software, there is clearly a problem.
  69. Mar 14, 2017
    Watch Dogs 2 has a super great story to offer with the added humor of the game that makes it enjoyable. You don’t even have to do a mission in order to enjoy the game – just roaming around the great city of San Francisco or stalk other people is enough to enjoy the game, it’s like your playground.
  70. Dec 10, 2016
    I was skeptical due to my slightly less than favourable experience with the first one, but I had some leftover cash in my Steam wallet and decided to give it a shot.

Hell, I was surprisingly enchanted by the game. In a myriad of game titles that was released as a garbage port in PC, Watch_Dogs 2 improvement was pretty apparent. PC only features, multiple graphical settings, and a constant 60+ FPS even on the highest setting. Ubisoft has clearly learned from their mistake on the first title and has given the treatment and care their PC crowd wanted.

The game itself was alright. Marcus Holloway is a completely different opposite than Aiden Pierce in character, story, and the way they approach their problems. In a way, these fits nicely as WD2 was a cheerier version of WD. When Aiden was dealing with grief and loss, Marcus and his colorful crew was just trying to fight the big brothers. Cliche sure? doesn't make it any less interesting.

Not to mention Ubisoft finally managed to gather together a crew you get attached with. I mean sure, all of them are to the extreme spectrum of comical, but you couldn't help to think if that was indeed how the younger generation in San Francisco reacts. In fact, they managed to make the dialogues interesting that I couldn't help and laugh with their interactions.

One last thing to touch is the gameplay. There are improvements and there are a step backwards. For once, Marcus's hack power is less powerful and sophisticated than Aiden. Most of the time, you have to accomplish your mission via stealth as Marcus could not as much punishment as Aiden could. This fits the them as while Aiden was a highly trained Fixer, Marcus was simply a 22 years old kid with an above average athletic ability. Furthermore, while Aiden's hack power bend the Chicago CTOS to his will, Marcus' power lies more in his ability to create distraction and move between walls with his new NetHack power. They both have their own strength and weaknesses, but I do think Aiden is a better hacker in gameplay especially during car chase and escape.

Speaking of car chase, I feel like driving is worst in the second one as I found it harder to escape from chase like I did with Aiden. Maybe that also due to the fact that Aiden was highly trained.

I enjoyed the game, but you might wanna wait till a sale unless you really really loved the first Watch_Dogs. It's a great game. Was it a perfect game? far from it. Did I had fun with it? Absolutely.

That'll do Ubisoft, that'll do.
  71. Dec 28, 2016
    A fun, lighthearted game that brought a smile to my face many times even though I was in a bad mood while playing it. You don't need to use anything other than the stun gun and the gadgets to beat it, there are guns in it but actually not using them makes the game more fun and the story and characters make more sense that way. Performance-wise, you will need to tinker with the options aA fun, lighthearted game that brought a smile to my face many times even though I was in a bad mood while playing it. You don't need to use anything other than the stun gun and the gadgets to beat it, there are guns in it but actually not using them makes the game more fun and the story and characters make more sense that way. Performance-wise, you will need to tinker with the options a bit to get it to run smoothly, because some of them completely murder the framerate. On my 4790k/16g ram/gtx 1080 I had to turn down Extra Details to 30%, Nvidia specific shadows off and not go full ham on the AA to get it to stay above 60 on 1080p (everything else on Ultra, including the Ultra texture pack).

The online interactions are fun but unfortunately a bit buggy, for example I was solving some kind of circuitry puzzle, another player joined my game and I was no longer able to interact with the puzzle. I had to boot him by exiting the game and reloading, and then the puzzle worked again. A few moments later I joined a co-op mission and the other player was afk, so we both just stood there, while the game would not let me abandon the mission, because you need the other player's permission (??) to do that, so once again I had to exit to the main menu and reload the game.

A few frustrating moments aside, it's a fun game, which has already been discounted quite heavily, so it's definitely worth a buy.
  72. Jan 27, 2017
    - "If you are 9 years old and from the word" memasy "you begin to roll on the floor, the game you enjoy it"
    But for others:
    The problems are the same as in the first part of the series: Physics half-dead city The interaction with the outside world Of the main problems can be noted is not the best optimization when compared with Rockstar Games and their brainchild of Grand Theft
    But for others:

The problems are the same as in the first part of the series:

Physics
    half-dead city
    The interaction with the outside world

Of the main problems can be noted is not the best optimization when compared with Rockstar Games and their brainchild of Grand Theft Auto V. The shooting too lame.

The pros of the game:

Huge beautiful city
    Music
    Animation

A separate theme - a side job. Ubisoft has made a big step in this direction, now they run parallel to the story more interesting.

What could be better than to sit in the car and ride on the sunny San Francisco with great music? This car physics. As they were driven bad, and are found, the benefit of the game is moving quickly and it saves us from the torture of cars.

The main difference from the 2 Watch Dogs Watch Dogs - visual component
    From the grim Chicago to San Francisco, which is filled with bright colors.
    The graphics have improved too. improved detailed drawing of the character, lighting, and others.

The game as a whole turned out fairly specific, the game itself advise to buy when prices are.
  73. Dec 11, 2016
    +Fun to play mostly
    +Movement Animation
    +Enjoyable Story +Fun & Fast Online Gameplay **** Optimization for PC -Similar NPC's Faces it kills Immersion -They made it resemble GTAV : -Similar hack locations it feels boring with time ** I like it, but it has horrible optimization it drops to 41~48fps while driving a car with Titan X Pascal SLI on 4K?! As usual from Ubisoft they
    +Fun to play mostly
    +Movement Animation
    +Enjoyable Story
    +Fun & Fast Online Gameplay

**** Optimization for PC
    -Similar NPC's Faces it kills Immersion
    -They made it resemble GTAV :
    -Similar hack locations it feels boring with time

** I like it, but it has horrible optimization it drops to 41~48fps while driving a car with Titan X Pascal SLI on 4K?! As usual from Ubisoft they continue to provide the worst optimization.
  74. Nov 29, 2016
    Really? What to say to a game that get 24fps with a gtx 1080 and i7 6700k in 1080p and not in ultra?
    What another shame ubisoft. You are a shame in performance!
  75. Feb 4, 2017
    Best vs GTA V in any terms of coolness. Very detailed game and updated vs 1st one which was great too. Really impressive fights and those hacking are cool
  76. Nov 29, 2016
    I was unable to launch it, the game just crashes after a quick splash image. Looks like the Uplay launcher is not working.

Very disappointing. My rig is all up to date with the latest drivers and hardware (gtx 1080, 64GB RAM etc), never have any issues with other games. Will have to wait for a patch or for Ubisofts 56kbps dialup servers to be up again.
  77. Dec 30, 2016
    Fun game. One of the better open world games other than GTA. So many things to do in the game. I think they could've added a little more side missions. Wished the game was optimized a bit better for performance. Can't wait for a sequel.
  78. Nov 29, 2016
    Nothing new in the game.Lot of bugs on pc for me not good
    for me personally i didn't like the game.For 1800rs not good game to buy.
    As i have expected after Assassin's creed unity was worse butthis game didn't run properly on nvidia GTX 970 i will not recommend this game
  79. Dec 26, 2016
    I was really sceptic before release about this game. After really average first Watch Dogs, I thought that going so "casual" into whole "hacking" thing will only make it worse, but I was wrong, really wrong.

If you approach this game with distance and open arms for it's parody of "group of hackers" theme and won't take it seriously, you will have lots of fun. The best things in my

The best things in my opinion are references to pop culture, games and movies, and every crew member that seem like cool geek and not some grey guy with depression like in first Watch Dogs.

The technical side of the game is also pretty good, as far as I am concerned I have not encountered any bugs (except not working multiplayer that was a major problem shortly after release of the game).

It may not be a competition for GTA series, but it's definitely worth checking out.
  80. Jul 25, 2018
    This game sucks. Like really.

Pros: 1. Good optimization. Cons: 1. The controls are a piece of garbage. 2. The driving is terrible and unrealistic as hell (never thought that driving could be more unrealistic than in GTA V). 3. Shooting is terrible. 4. The environment feels like a piece of cardboard toy (pedestrians, cars, buildings, the city itself etc). 5. The story is just
    This game sucks. Like really.

Pros:
    1. Good optimization.

Cons:
    1. The controls are a piece of garbage.
    3. Shooting is terrible.
    5. The story is just boring and childish, characters are not charismatic and uninteresting.

I've never seen a game this bad before.
  81. Jan 20, 2017
    I'm surprised to see this game doesn't get more love. It's both superior to GTA in terms of gameplay and the closest I've been to experiencing the fun of the original Deus Ex. This game lets you both plan ahead of mission of wing them as you see fit. The open roaming is a blast, with a myriad of little tactical enigmas to solve. The multiplayer is a blast, especially if you don't gettingI'm surprised to see this game doesn't get more love. It's both superior to GTA in terms of gameplay and the closest I've been to experiencing the fun of the original Deus Ex. This game lets you both plan ahead of mission of wing them as you see fit. The open roaming is a blast, with a myriad of little tactical enigmas to solve. The multiplayer is a blast, especially if you don't getting bored of strictly structured genres such as MOBAs or CS-likes. The single player is the only slight letdown. It's good, but not GTA5 good. Expand
  82. Sep 6, 2018
    is insane make a secual of the first wacth dogs. just for this, WD2 is worst than WD
  83. Jun 25, 2017
    Wow, this game really surprised me. The first one was mediocre and underdelivered. The second one redeems the series with humor, graphics, and gameplay. It was a super fun game from start to finish for about 30 hours. I would definitely recommend it over Assassin's Creed or Far Cry. And if you can push it to ultra (like on a 1080ti), oh my does it look gorgeous.
  84. Apr 16, 2017
    Excellent game, superb PC port. It's so great to play a game that KNOWS WHAT IT WANTS TO BE! If you liked the Kingsman movie, you'll love this. It's a bit over-the-top, but not Saint's Row levels. It truly is an ode to geekdom and internet culture. Absolutely sublime game. Story DLC expensive, but adds a lot and is IMO well worth it. Ridiculous, but amazing.
  85. Jan 22, 2018
    Amazing gameplay, if it had story from WD1, it would be perfect game. Online also good.
  86. May 11, 2017
    Gameplay : 8
    Graphics : 8
    Story : 7
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 8
  87. Apr 29, 2017
    Inarguably a better game than its predecessor, Watch Dogs 2 is an energetic, crazy and overall fun title that unfortunately possesses some flaws affecting its welcoming tonal shift.
  88. Oct 18, 2018
    +Отличная игра ребята
    +квесты интересные - часто поднимают глобальные темы, например, если у каждого есть Live score, то в кого врежется машина управляемая ИИ в вас или в того у кого он выше?
    +нормальный графоний +живой мир, много чего услышать можно +Паркурчик +не задалбывает, действительно интересно +Много задродских тем - кто сильнее один хищник или 3 чужих? +Интересные персонажи
    +Отличная игра ребята
    +нормальный графоний
    +живой мир, много чего услышать можно
    +Паркурчик
    +не задалбывает, действительно интересно
    +Много задродских тем - кто сильнее один хищник или 3 чужих?
    +Интересные персонажи

-Мелкие баги с музыкой, бывало застрявал
    -Однообразные механики
    -Сначала проходил тихо, потом взял себе пушки ибо надоело
    -Непонятные статтеры
    -Присутсвие отсутсвие мимики, вроде есть, но нет
  89. Feb 15, 2017
    Graphics: 9
    Gameplay: 8
    Game Plot: 6
    Optimization - 6

Overall: 7.25

The game is good for a single pass. If the lack of serious plot is not critical for you it will be a good gaming week)))
  90. Mar 2, 2017
    This game isn't bad, but I like first WD is more. Of Course, in Watch Dogs 2 graphics is not many better and awesome physics, but I think storyline and gameplay in Watch Dogs is better than in Watch Dogs 2. Of course, band in this game is good, but in first WD is more good, but this game is good for Ubisoft, but Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, For Honor and Ghost ReconThis game isn't bad, but I like first WD is more. Of Course, in Watch Dogs 2 graphics is not many better and awesome physics, but I think storyline and gameplay in Watch Dogs is better than in Watch Dogs 2. Of course, band in this game is good, but in first WD is more good, but this game is good for Ubisoft, but Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, For Honor and Ghost Recon Wildlands is much better. Expand
  91. Nov 5, 2018
    Loved this game!

Amazing graphics and aesthetics, better gameplay than the first game, overall a more sensible story, and fantastic characters and humor. I took 1 star for the following reasons: - The slow motion camera event when a police's car gets destroyed was removed :( - Console controls and design were annoying as **** I'm specifically talking about camera locks and
    Loved this game!

I took 1 star for the following reasons:

- Console controls and design were annoying as **** I'm specifically talking about camera locks and movement, but also the fact that you have to sit through a 10 second animation to enter or leave the Hackerspace...
    - The story is good but certain parts of feel forced.
  92. Sep 8, 2018
    I do enjoy some Open World Ubisoft games, I went into the game knowing it wasn’t just another crime GTA clone. This game has an interesting spin where you’re a hacker rather than just murderer who wants to kill everything. I also knew that there was a lot of character put into this game, they made their own memes, there are a lot of jokes, the characters are likable. On paper, it seemedI do enjoy some Open World Ubisoft games, I went into the game knowing it wasn’t just another crime GTA clone. This game has an interesting spin where you’re a hacker rather than just murderer who wants to kill everything. I also knew that there was a lot of character put into this game, they made their own memes, there are a lot of jokes, the characters are likable. On paper, it seemed like it was going to be something that is different but in a fun way.

After a couple hours of the game, my first thought was. I really don’t enjoy City Open World Games. There is just too much going on, too many NPC’s around and driving is just not fun. I also didn’t enjoy a lot of the missions, they felt very Stealth Heavy and I just didn’t have any fun with any of the missions. I wanted to go guns blazing but that’s not this game. It just wasn’t fun.

Sadly, this game is not fun for me. Different strokes and this game are not me. I don’t see myself playing this game ever again.
  93. Mar 23, 2017
    big improvements from the original watch dogs as they take the game a lot less seriously and have fun with it and the graphics that were shown off were what we got but the writing can be cringey at some points and on PC it is poorly optimised in some important locations across the map which is very well designed and contains a lot of funny pop culture references but random people can joinbig improvements from the original watch dogs as they take the game a lot less seriously and have fun with it and the graphics that were shown off were what we got but the writing can be cringey at some points and on PC it is poorly optimised in some important locations across the map which is very well designed and contains a lot of funny pop culture references but random people can join your session anytime which can be irritating at some times it is quite smooth with friends. Expand
  94. Jun 1, 2017
    The best game published in 2016 :

Pros : - well written main and side quests - good humor : npcs; robots, car hacking... - charming characters - many ways to accomplish the missions - the bank van attacks offer epic moments when chased by police - San Francisco and the Silicon Valley are entertaining places - the jumper and the quadricopter are great ideas - many hacking
    The best game published in 2016 :

Pros :

- well written main and side quests
    - good humor : npcs; robots, car hacking...
    - charming characters
    - many ways to accomplish the missions
    - the bank van attacks offer epic moments when chased by police
    - San Francisco and the Silicon Valley are entertaining places
    - the jumper and the quadricopter are great ideas
    - many hacking possibilities
    - living city, NPCs
    - many activites : sailing...
    - the best graphics : high resolution textures awesome in 4K, many details, inspired city tags, long-range visibility, awesome weather (rain, fog), enjoyable tourist places to visit, It is really a pleasure to walk around
    - well-optimized : it is the first game to use the CPU cores efficiently : my 5960X overlcoked at 4500 Mhz is used at 60 % and at 80 % in a few places. SLI works great too.
    - mulitplayer included in the solo story
    - many hours : about 90 hours for every single mission and a few multi ones.

Cons :
    - no manual saves
    - bad crouching movement : you can be crouched only by using the cover movement. If you no longer want to use the cover movement technique, you are no longer crouching.

The best open-world game, better than Watch Dogs 1, GTA IV and V.
  95. Jul 17, 2017
    This game is very cool, the hacking system has been developed against the first part however the optimization is awful. This game is not for weak computers
  96. Feb 6, 2019
    Loved Watchdogs 1, played it to death and was a really enjoyable experience. For Watchdogs 2 Ubisoft have tried to cram alot more hacking capabilities into the game and the controls and overall experience suffers. They have done a great job at making the AI more intelligent, this results in you arriving at a location, walking past an alley, being spotted by an eagle eyed AI character,Loved Watchdogs 1, played it to death and was a really enjoyable experience. For Watchdogs 2 Ubisoft have tried to cram alot more hacking capabilities into the game and the controls and overall experience suffers. They have done a great job at making the AI more intelligent, this results in you arriving at a location, walking past an alley, being spotted by an eagle eyed AI character, chased down and killed. The reason they have upped the AI, is to force you to use the Jumper and Quadcopter. This takes away the stealth part of the game that was really enjoyable in the first. The joypad controls on PC on top of this are annoying, you must push the left stick in to make the character run, push the right stick in to crouch. If you crouch behind a wall and then move away from the wall you stand up. The AI then instantly spot you and chase you down and kill you. It feels like they have spent that much time on the gorgeous graphics, that they threw together the gameplay. The Online hack in Watchdogs one was so much fun and enjoyable, probably the most exciting multiplayer experience ive playing in a long time has been now integrated into the game instead of the UI. Instead of going into the menu and choosing the join a online hacking session. Your now driving down the road and you drive directly into an online co-op game, smash into a Van, then you have to hide from 2 opponents who have just seen you T-total your ride. The cops arrive at the scene of the crash. You manage to get a way and hide from the co-op players and hide in a car. and the police pull up next to you and start flashing their lights signalling where you are, but they dont arrest you, because your in an online multiplayer game. There has been no thought gone into the game play from Ubisoft. It comes accross annoying and the way you approach the missions feel forced. They took away some of the things that made number 1 shine. Definately worth getting in the sale, but beware can be frustrating to play at times, especially the controls on a Joypad. Expand
  97. Jun 29, 2018
    Délka hry: TBA
    Datum dohrání: N/A
    Stav dohrání: N/A
  98. Feb 27, 2019
    Easily one of the worst games I've played. I play most major titles that come out and Watch Dogs 2 was one of the worst I've played overall. Boring story, awful main character(s)..the game does have great visuals, but Ubisoft usually does a good job with that, so that's not really surprising. The substance just was very underwhelming. I hung in there through about 35% of the game, and thenEasily one of the worst games I've played. I play most major titles that come out and Watch Dogs 2 was one of the worst I've played overall. Boring story, awful main character(s)..the game does have great visuals, but Ubisoft usually does a good job with that, so that's not really surprising. The substance just was very underwhelming. I hung in there through about 35% of the game, and then realized the game was becoming a chore to play - I sat back one day and just realized I didn't give two craps about the main character or his crew or the story and just uninstalled it. First game in about 15 years I haven't completed after starting. IMO Watch Dogs 1 was MUCH better in most respects - Watch Dogs 2 did make some improvements to the driving, so that was welcomed, but otherwise I'd take Watch Dogs 1 every time. Expand
  99. Jun 5, 2019
    Watch Dogs 2 is a surprisingly good open-world stealth-shooter hybrid. The hacking mechanics in this game is all levels of fun and impressive along with its quality lore, controls, acting and visuals. It heavily focuses on the near-futuristic setting where Internet of Things rules the world which Ubisoft has executed elegantly.
  100. Nov 7, 2018
    After the disappointment that was first Watch Dogs, i initially skipped Watch Dogs 2 upon its launch like many other people, but here i am in late 2018 having completed the sequel and while its not the big improvement i hoped it would be, its still a step in the right direction.

WD2 still doesnt reach the full quality of GTA, lets be realistic that even with its hacking emphasis, GTA is the series that Ubisoft is trying hard to emulate, to attract gamers who enjoy GTA. Only key area where Ubi rivals R* is the world building and attention to detail put in it. Exploring Bay Area can take your breath away if youre interested in the game for the purpose of virtual tourism. However gameplay and narrative wise WD2 still doesnt have what it takes to be a top tier open world crime game.

Driving is still pretty sub par, if not worse than in first game, cars feel way too twitchy, weightless with overly sensitive steering, no to mention the crappy crashing physics and some cars having to go through 100 gears when you fly the highways at top speed. Gunplay is nothing special, but some guns do sound pretty cool. Stealth can be somewhat fun due to hacking tools game gives you. The new traversal parkour system is pretty nice in action, but still the world is not as open as in GTA where you could go virtually anywhere, movement still can be clunky and restrictive where you should be able to scale something easily by logic. Cop chases can get annoying as hell due to cops being overly aware, the sheer numbers of cops game can throw at you all at once and their cars being relentless in stopping you with artificially increased speed compared to yours, like rubber banding of AI in racing games, the police heli especialy gets on the nerves if you dont have the skill unlocked to bugger it off. Marcus doesnt have much health, even on Normal difficulty game can be quite brutal if you go guns blazing without a strategy, this can be both good or bad depending on your play style. The enemy factions you face also over abuse the ''call for reinforcements'', they just keep coming and coming, and the enemy AI has ridiculous awareness of your position, they perfectly land every grenade thrown at you and they know excatly the place to rush once youre spotted, even if you changed your position while they didnt see you.

Bay Area in Watch Dogs 2 is seriously impressively recreated, then again Chicago was the strongest point in first game aswell. It can be fun just walking around the San Francisco, Sillicon Valley, Oakland or Marin and taking in the surroundings. Graphics are very good allowing the world to pop with detail. The NPC system is quite good aswell like in first game, however the more you play the more you start hearing the same dialogues NPC's can be having or the scripted interactions between them.

Story was yet another unimpressive Ubisoft affair. Still, the theme surrounding The Big Tech in Sillicon Valley, the power they hold and how they abuse it, its relevant stuff i have to say, especially now in 2018 when such companies have become overly political, condone censorship and try to meddle with ellections in USA and globally to get the result they deem ''right'' in their views. Main missions and side activities can be fun, but the main narrative and writing just goes by with you not caring much. Like when a key character dies in the game, you only care so much that you forget about it 5 minutes later. To be frank, before i tried the game, the cast of main characters semt pretty lame to me, but they are not that bad honestly, they did to a degree grew on me, but not to the point i would call them good or memorable, except maybe for Wrench and T Bone. Marcus himself, no matter how Ubisoft try to make him the exact opposite of Aiden, he ends up being the polar opposite with all his forced feeling cheeriness and rather shallow personality. The tone is much lighter than in the 1st game, there's lots jokes and humour, but its the kind humour thats rather hard to connect with if youre not a teen or younger, more simply put its not smart humour.

Then there's a big issue with how the narrative simply ignores the fact if youre playing the game with a lethal approach. You can can be cold blooded killer with Marcus, but he keeps acting like his hands are clean of blood and so does rest of your DedSec crew. It doesnt make any sense. You can see Ubisoft wrote the story in a way that it only assumes youre playing without killing people, thats cool if youre a stealth fan who likes non lethal play style, if youre not then thats another problem you'll face in connecting with game's story line and characters.

WD2 on PC also has some performance issues, very low frame rates in certain parts of the game world, occasional game crash here and there. Worst of all, the game can freeze up for several seconds before being playable again.

Even with some of its bigger flaws, in the end i still had decent time with Watch Dogs 2.

1. Apr 3, 2017
    Unlike the first game where multiplayer was kind of a mess, the sequel offers a pretty solid multiplayer experience. Playing Watch Dogs 2 co-op is definitely a blast, especially if you're experiencing the game with a friend.
  2. Mar 8, 2017
    In the end, Watch Dogs 2 feels like an improvement over the previous game in the series. The characters are fun to play as and interact with, all of the hacking elements have a lot more depth and make more sense, and the world feels more alive and rich than ever before, design wise and graphics wise. However the game does suffer from mediocrity in regards to its shooting mechanics and stealth sections. Is it a fun game? Yeah, sure it is. Is it one of my games of the year? Not really.
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 13, 2017
    Hacking and stealth elements are so good in Watch Dogs 2 and as a whole the game is so much better than its predecessor that I managed to turn a blind eye to the fact that Dedsec members are annoying as hell. [01/2017, p.32]