7.0

1. Nov 29, 2016
    I didn't expect such a quality PC Port coming from Ubisoft especially knowing what they have been giving us over the last few years. Dishonored 2 should have been subjected to that kind of treatment. The game is well-optimised. Aside from this (which is still the most important part for a PC game), graphics look really stunning (especially in 4K) every so often, gameplay cunningly evolvesI didn't expect such a quality PC Port coming from Ubisoft especially knowing what they have been giving us over the last few years. Dishonored 2 should have been subjected to that kind of treatment. The game is well-optimised. Aside from this (which is still the most important part for a PC game), graphics look really stunning (especially in 4K) every so often, gameplay cunningly evolves and attires itself with pleasant additions that make the overall experience globally well better than before. The map size is honest (twice as big as WD1's), content literally pours, the city's atmosphere is riveting and the storyline, despite being quite formulaic, lets itself get enjoyed thanks to a clever writing as well as charming characters.

Keep going Ubisoft. 9/10 well-deserved.
  2. Nov 29, 2016
    Awesome game, PC version runs well to!! This is a vast improvement over the first game, the writing is much better, the online aspects are improved and the new gadgets and such are great to. Pick this up asap, this is the game Watch Dogs 1 should have been. Oh yeah and the game world is wonderful, makes me want to visit San Fran.
  3. Nov 29, 2016
    Thank you, Ubisoft. After Mafia 3 and Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2 has restored some of my faith in PC versions.

I will admit: I was mildly terrified. Putting aside the fact that the original Watch Dogs was disappointing on the cosmic scale, the documents included with the review code made it sound… more than a little demanding. There were mentions of 10-series GeForce cards, and a 20-page PDF detailing all the Nvidia whatsits included within. After Dishonored 2 turned out to be a game that limped rather than ran, I’m not going to lie: I spent 20 minutes of the download time weighing up the value of some very expensive video cards.

Fortunately, Watch Dogs 2 runs incredibly well. Not quite flawlessly unless I drop the graphics more than I really want to, but well enough that I don’t actually have any complaints.
  4. Feb 15, 2017
    Great game, fun characters, fantastic location. I really loved exploring the SF locations and interacting with npcs (listening to conversations, stealing money). I loved all the side quests and photo locations. My only problem was the puzzles, while they're not super hard, I would like the option to skip them when I replay, sometimes I just wasn't in the mood for them. But I did feel greatGreat game, fun characters, fantastic location. I really loved exploring the SF locations and interacting with npcs (listening to conversations, stealing money). I loved all the side quests and photo locations. My only problem was the puzzles, while they're not super hard, I would like the option to skip them when I replay, sometimes I just wasn't in the mood for them. But I did feel great when i figured out a difficult one. I love the melee take downs (how that pool ball on a rope is non lethal I have no idea) and the options you have when contemplating your approach. Also I love that being spotted is not an auto fail, you can fight your way out if you can manage to isolate each guard. The drones are great for those hard to reach places that seem impossible in early game. The skill tree feels confusing but there are some great things to invest in. I really liked the character of Marcus and the hackers, especially when compared to some other ubisoft game characters (like those unrelatable douchbags from farcry 3). This game is super refreshing, I look forward to playing another (never played WD1). Only problem was I had one mission that kept crashing near the end so i never got around to finishing but I did get over 50 hours of playtime and will probably just start over again because I really love this game Expand
  5. Feb 22, 2017
    Disclaimer : I hated Watch_Dogs 1

Pros : Very good character development Great Graphics Fun gameplay and hacks really are intuitive this time Drones! Batman like Tech view makes things so much easier to track No research point or other goody are too difficult to reach and are neatly labelled in map. Great Controls. I am using all my hotkeys. Very well designed controls. Great
    Disclaimer : I hated Watch_Dogs 1

Pros :
    Very good character development
    Great Graphics
    Fun gameplay and hacks really are intuitive this time
    Drones!
    Batman like Tech view makes things so much easier to track
    Great Controls. I am using all my hotkeys. Very well designed controls.
    Great Music and sound.
    Hack city, hack cars on street, send cops or mob after any target... list goes on and on.

Cons:
    Crashes sometimes.
    Not properly optimized.
    Explosive devices are too powerful and infinite. Once you get 5 explosive (refilling infinitely) and ability to drop them by drones you have basically won the game.

Really great game with a great campaign. Go for it.
  6. Mar 12, 2017
    For Watch Dogs 2 I had pinned strong hope. And didn't care that the game is now Sunny, the youth and the hipsters-hackers. The main thing that was interesting to play. With this Watch Dogs 2 to copes great!
    The story plot, he's playing in the background. The game has good characters and most importantly - interesting mission. The plot is simple, but the story missions are very good. In theory they are monotonous - strike to and crack something. But in practice, missions are interesting and varied. I went mostly stealth, almost without entering the building jumper here an indispensable thing. Side missions are not sad, but very exciting. Somewhere contribute in the leaked trailer for Ubisoft, and then decide to give money to the people or to make donations, watching a funny emotion.
    In the game, as for me, minus 3: 1) Cars. They are better than in the first part, but still mediocre. They are very sharp, and large trucks almost uncontrollable. 2) Shooting. I almost didn't shoot and when he shot is suffering. The hero is very frail, of course it's good, because he's just a guy without armor, but a quick death is assured. 3) Artificial intelligence. When you're going stealth and you notice one guard, then you notice EVERYTHING and quickly pulled together for you. Come help, and they just absolutely know where you are. This is so frustrating.
    I'm at the cons for the most part didn't pay attention and enjoy this great game. This time optimization is great! Really one could expect, excellent optimization from Ubisoft. Finally, in the game there are no towers. And in General almost not felt that this is a game from Ubisoft. It is, of course, not better than Gta 5, but the feelings somewhere. And of course Watch Dogs 2 is much better Mafia 3. The graphics are good, not amazing , I play on medium settings. But the characters, objects felt some kind of plastic.
    Good plot, interesting story and side missions. A great optimization, well-researched city, nice graphics, interesting and varied gameplay focused on hacking . Watch Dogs 2 - a great game about hackers, not about murderers. It has flaws, but still I advise you to play, you will not regret. Walkthrough for 23 hours and I want more stories in this world.
  7. Dec 28, 2016
    I haven't enjoyed a video game like this since a while. This game is pure fun, especially in co-op missions. Graphics are excellent, the world in game feels very alive. In my opinion this is a GOTY material. GET IT!
  8. Dec 2, 2016
    Great graphics, good optimization, awesome characters, world is completely open from the start, fun and interesting missions, hacking everything, drones and jumpers are awesome to use, seamless and fun multiplayer without loading screens, memes everywhere.

Ubisoft is getting back on its track and I love it
  9. Nov 30, 2016
    screw that GamersBeat's review. this game changed a lot from last watch dogs.
    Improved graphics and optimization on PC, great characters and narratives.
    tho game basics are still little kinky and hard but I love this and you guys may like this!
    and even multiplayer gotten powerful and not boring!

* I run this very smoothly on Ultra and FHD, GTX 1070, DDR4 16G, I7 6700K@4.4.
  10. Nov 30, 2016
    Honestly this game is great. My only 'complaint' is I wish it had first person mode like GTA V that said, I love the game's representation of san fran and it runs very well at launch, which sadly is saying something right now. Like dishonored 2, fallout 4, etc. all had horrible optimization at launch. Funny after the AC fiasco ubisoft really stepped that part up, both division and this runHonestly this game is great. My only 'complaint' is I wish it had first person mode like GTA V that said, I love the game's representation of san fran and it runs very well at launch, which sadly is saying something right now. Like dishonored 2, fallout 4, etc. all had horrible optimization at launch. Funny after the AC fiasco ubisoft really stepped that part up, both division and this run very well and it's a great game. Hands down, watch dogs 1 with a better location, more fun vibe and more freedom. derp, it's great. Did I say how good it was? Expand
  11. Dec 3, 2016
    This is my first review here. I created an account just to say that WD2 is an outstanding game. I don't remember the last time I were so excited about an Ubisoft game. It's a really good and well written game (, and surprisingly polished too). The PC port is nigh perfect, maybe only the AA is a little underwhelming. Compared to some really poor PC ports like Deus EX: MD WD2 looks likeThis is my first review here. I created an account just to say that WD2 is an outstanding game. I don't remember the last time I were so excited about an Ubisoft game. It's a really good and well written game (, and surprisingly polished too). The PC port is nigh perfect, maybe only the AA is a little underwhelming. Compared to some really poor PC ports like Deus EX: MD WD2 looks like something from another planet. The city looks alive, the people and situations are over the top but believable. In short, WD2 is a great game and in my opinion it is well worth the full price. One of the best games from '16. Expand
  12. Nov 29, 2016
    Watch Dogs 2 is just an upgraded version of Watch Dogs when looking at game play. The setting and characters are a huge improvement. The mission design is a lot better. Performance is not amazing although with an MSI 1080 GTX and 6700k I get about 65ish FPS on 1440p ultra everything. Those saying this game runs badly on the 1080 are doing something wrong. I've put about 6 hours into thisWatch Dogs 2 is just an upgraded version of Watch Dogs when looking at game play. The setting and characters are a huge improvement. The mission design is a lot better. Performance is not amazing although with an MSI 1080 GTX and 6700k I get about 65ish FPS on 1440p ultra everything. Those saying this game runs badly on the 1080 are doing something wrong. I've put about 6 hours into this game and I can say that this game is good. As a cheap person maybe not 60 dollars good but certainly 40 dollars good. Expand
  13. Dec 1, 2016
    This game is solid.

This game is solid.

Watch Dogs 2 perfectly hits the gameplay that I'd want from a hacking game! Coming from a programmer, the puzzles presented by this game in both missions and free roam feel similarly challenging to the puzzles I deal with in day-to-day work. You aren't writing literal lines of code in this game, but when you're writing code, you're not necessarily thinking about the code you're writing so much as the problems you're trying to solve. And Watch Dogs 2 channels that same spirit in a great way.

It's hard to say exactly why, but Watch Dogs 2 nails gameplay much better than the original Watch Dogs game did. It could be the more colorful environment, the more responsive NPC's, the new abilities between RC and drone... there's a lot more to unpack in this second Watch Dogs game! The game doesn't feel repetitive as the first one did. Even if there are missions and activities that are repetitive, they don't bother me because they're actually fun! Things that are repeatedly fun are never a bad thing.

Smaller notes:

- Better music, and the radio stations are a great addition. That said, they could use more entertaining host chatter (see GTA's radio for better quality there).

- The driving feels too clunky for lower end cars, but just right with higher end cars. - not saying lower end cars should perform as well as higher end cars, but that lower end cars can be slower and worse at turning without feeling completely unenjoyable the way they do now.

- The dialogue is still horrible. Watch Dogs 2 is a game that involves very mature themes, but has the tone of a PBS kids show trying to be cool. Watch Dogs needs both better writers and better voice actors. Character performance in this game is very poor. That said, the gameplay is great! And that's what we're all here for.

- A surprising addition to the game is NPC interaction! You can now greet, insult, flirt, and more with the NPC's. It feels like a basic version of the kind of interaction you might get in a Sims game. However, the interaction quickly loses its glimmer after the first two or three interactions with the same NPC. With it being a surprise feature, I can't complain. It's nice to have! And now I realize how much more interaction with NPC's I'd like from open world games. The few seconds when you're waiting to see how an NPC will response really make the world feel alive. And then when things become predictable, that life is drained completely. This is a place where Watch Dogs could really outshine both GTA, which has equally bad NPC interaction, and The Sims, which doesn't really feel like an open world at all.

Alright, I've said enough. If you're interested in this game, go ahead and buy it! Don't buy it for the story though. Buy it just because it's really fun to play.
  14. Dec 3, 2016
    This is definitely a great open world game, unlike GTA, the pedestrians in the game are really diverse, not just some random guy that let you kill. And the story is much better than the first Watch Dogs game. When you're trying to sneak in some place, you have a lot of option to choose how you sneak into it. WD2 really is a fun game, it let you do basically what ever you want to do, and itThis is definitely a great open world game, unlike GTA, the pedestrians in the game are really diverse, not just some random guy that let you kill. And the story is much better than the first Watch Dogs game. When you're trying to sneak in some place, you have a lot of option to choose how you sneak into it. WD2 really is a fun game, it let you do basically what ever you want to do, and it contain quite many humors for you to laugh a while. The PC optimized is very good, you can run ultra settings at 1080p and still stay solid 60 fps with a GTX1060 6GB. combine all of that, Watch Dogs 2 is the greatest game Ubisoft made within years. Expand
  15. Nov 30, 2016
    The game ran perfectly from the 1st Boot UP, updated to the latest nVidia Drivers and i can play the game with at least 55 FPS with several ULTRA settings and the rest with Very High on a 980Ti, 16GB DDR4, i5 6400 with OC at 4.5GHZ (yes, i5 6400 with OC)
    The game feels awesome, much better then Watch Dogs 1. Will really enjoy the game (going to go in a adventure)
  16. Nov 29, 2016
    Really good game, fun missions,

Performance is not top notch, but Frame time is steady and control response is good. Which means experience overall is good
  17. Nov 30, 2016
    PC version is just so smooth. The characters and story are just so amazing considering the original game. San Francisco is just an amazing for a hacker like Marcus to wreck havoc especially during bounty hunter missions. Ubisoft has clearly made their statement well.
  18. Dec 17, 2016
    Great improvement over the original and a fantastic location for an open world game. Quite a good PC port, but needs further optimisation. Overall, a very solid sequel.
  19. Dec 11, 2016
    Surprisingly this is a very good game. Unlike the first Watchdogs this one has atmosphere and immersion and most importantly Ubisoft didn't try to fob its customers off with a fake E3 demo to result in massively downgraded graphics.

Unlike Mafia 3, the side quests and optional extras are actually enjoyable and most of the time they don't feel repetitive! I was not a huge fan of Ubisoft with their recent releases but i have to say they have gone up in my expectations with WatchDogs 2.

A huge immersive world. Very few glitches (except for the multiplayer part when you complete a steal a vehicle mission both of you have to get in and out of the car twice for the mission to complete and receive reward but currently not everyone knows this so they just leave and you lose the points which is annoying) and it's great they picked a real city for this version because right now i am loving the mission in Alcatraz.

I was a big fan of Watchdogs 1 until it actually released and turned out to be a tired old repeat of what Ubisoft do but i was very surprised at how much they listened to the negativity they received.

Buy Watchdogs 2. You will not regret it.

Think of it as a graphically upgraded GTA V with lots of technology and cool gadgets :)
  20. Dec 5, 2016
    Awesome game. I like the characters and San Francisco setting. Donut guys are super fun) It is good that WD2 has black intelligent man as their main hero ;)
  21. Dec 11, 2016
    While the first Watch_Dogs was dodgy at best, Watch_Dogs 2 runs great on PC. The protagonist and NPCs are well fleshed out and interesting to interact with.

The game caters to varied playstyles too, I love what both the RC Car and Drone brings to the game.

After around 18ish hours oof play, I can honestly recommend this game to anyone who want a GTA style game with a geek/hacker vibe to it.
  22. NBT
    Nov 29, 2016
    I must admit .. i am surprised how good watch dogs 2 is compared to the first game .. its clear they learned allot .. the game basics are still there but with better skills that are way more fun than before .,.. a good story ( not the best but still a good story ) and well .. the encounters aka multiplayer .... multiplayer has gotten an enhancement compared to the first game with moreI must admit .. i am surprised how good watch dogs 2 is compared to the first game .. its clear they learned allot .. the game basics are still there but with better skills that are way more fun than before .,.. a good story ( not the best but still a good story ) and well .. the encounters aka multiplayer .... multiplayer has gotten an enhancement compared to the first game with more modes than before .. i find my self actually having fun when random encounters happen ( and i normally hate pvp) its well implemented. the only thing i am missing now is to be able to play side and main missions coop with my friends .. but we cant get everything .. anyway .. i am having allot of fun... and you might to if you sort of liked the first game Expand
  23. Dec 31, 2016
    Wonderful game. It's really fun, and exceptionally written. No fat in the script at all. Only jokes and important plot related stuff. The game play is really enjoyable. It's very Saints Row 2, and that's very high praise coming from someone like me.
  24. Feb 1, 2017
    The first Watch Dogs game went down in history as one of the most disappointing games of the generation. I personally gave it two chances to play, but just didn't have much fun with it. The story was depressive and also a bit boring with a forgettable protagonist, plus the gameplay was lacking as well. Chicago also wasn't exciting enough and the graphics downgrade was obvious from theThe first Watch Dogs game went down in history as one of the most disappointing games of the generation. I personally gave it two chances to play, but just didn't have much fun with it. The story was depressive and also a bit boring with a forgettable protagonist, plus the gameplay was lacking as well. Chicago also wasn't exciting enough and the graphics downgrade was obvious from the start. With Watch Dogs 2, Ubisoft wanted to make sure they made all those things right, and glad to say that they not only did that but also gave us one of the very best games of 2016. The main character, Marcus Holloway, is a young, colorful hero who is not only a master hacker, but also great in parkour, fighting, driving and shooting. San Francisco is the new setting of the game, and it serves as one of the best open world maps in any game I ever played. The city is just full of life and seems like every NPC in it walking the streets has a purpose. People are working out, walking dogs, doing martial arts at the park, they do yoga, they greet each other on the streets, they sit around under a tree chatting, they talk on the phone, get into car crashes, play guitar, go shopping and the list just goes on and on. There is never a boring scene anywhere, and I often just spend time walking around doing parkour, and exploring all the sights and sounds.
    Without spoiling much of the story, I can also say that this time around taking down the "Big Brother" is a lot of fun with many interesting characters you meet on the way. Marcus joins the hacker group DeadSec pretty early on and from then his main purpose is to win his war against the government.
    There are also many activities to do in San Fran, my favorite being taking down gangs and stealing their money stash. Your dollars you can spend on buying cars, weapons, new equipment for hacking like drones, food, clothes and there is also an upgrade system. There are side missions as well like freeing other captured players and thanks to multiplayer there are plenty of co-op and PvP matches.
    I could write about this game for hours, but I rather go back and play it now. All in all, it is an amazing sandbox experience with great action, smooth driving, cool parkour and an excellent story. Must play for everyone who likes the genre.
  25. Feb 28, 2017
    Five Word Review: Enjoyable story and fun gameplay.
    Favorite Thing: The jumper and quadcopter made exploring hostile areas more fun (less risky too!). Oh, and that spider bot ... the game needed more of that thing.
    Least Favorite Thing: That painting/graffiti side quest. What a bore! Playtime: ~ 20h (all side quests, no multiplayer) Enjoyment: 8/10 Recommendation: Fans of this style
    Five Word Review: Enjoyable story and fun gameplay.
    Least Favorite Thing: That painting/graffiti side quest. What a bore!

Playtime: ~ 20h (all side quests, no multiplayer)
    Enjoyment: 8/10
    Recommendation: Fans of this style of game should play.
  26. Feb 1, 2017
    Great work! One of the best step forward in game series. First Watch Dogs was soooo bad and contained tons of bugs and broken mechanics, just a bad copy of GTA with 1-dimensional character.
    The new game is like the fresh breath! Awesome city, good graphics (with mediocre optimisation tho), LOTS of funny missions, some funny dialogs, great driving (mostly) and shooting experience, great sounds. But: no story, no "gta-style" scenes, poor OST. But the great improvements are characters: they're funny, they're hipsters, and the most important, that they aren't obnoxious and easy to listening their bla-bla-bla. Interface is also good, some puzzles are pretty challenging. Gameplay lets you to make a lot of funny ways to complete missions.
    I hope one day, Assassin's creed will be improved that way...
    7 / 10
  27. Feb 20, 2017
    the game is great! I can't understand why its rated so low,

I played and enjoyed GTA 3 and GTA 4 but found GT5 to be just more of the same old tings with a bit of bling added, but once you peel all the bling away its the same old game. Where as Watch Dogs 2 is more interesting and holds my attention for longer with the challenge of getting things done stealthy instead of running in
    the game is great! I can't understand why its rated so low,

Where as Watch Dogs 2 is more interesting and holds my attention for longer with the challenge of getting things done stealthy instead of running in there guns blazing, which if you want you can do the whole guns blazing shooting every npc that moves.

I am holding off playing it online till My buddy gets it so we can play together, So i wont comment on that just yet but from what I have read and seen on twitch it looks as good as the single player if not even better.

I do wonder if UBI shot themselves in the foot with the console release coming before the PC as there was a problem with the online play on the consoles that needed a patch but by time Sony and Microsoft did the security checks on the patch it was released after the game came out and I feel this may have damaged the games reviews online. If they had released the PC version first there would have been no delay in the patch and all would of gone unnoticed.
  28. Mar 15, 2017
    Overall this game is just a joy to play but the story lacks at points. The PC performance is really good even on my GTX 960 I can get 1080p medium settings and a solid 40 - 60fps depending on my location. The world is absolutely beautiful and has a lot to actually explore for a Ubisoft game. The gameplay is smooth and solid. If you are a fan of stealth or action this game is for you. IOverall this game is just a joy to play but the story lacks at points. The PC performance is really good even on my GTX 960 I can get 1080p medium settings and a solid 40 - 60fps depending on my location. The world is absolutely beautiful and has a lot to actually explore for a Ubisoft game. The gameplay is smooth and solid. If you are a fan of stealth or action this game is for you. I like that this game punishes you for going in guns blazing. The characters are well written and well developed but never really seem to change over the course of the game. The side missions are a nice distraction but not much else just classic Ubisoft stuff. The main story is where the game falters. Watch Dogs 1 had a better story overall in my opinion and the story to Watch Dogs 2 never really has any high or lows, it just stays in the middle. I honestly think that the story is there to compliment the open world and all the activities that are there to do. If you are a fan of stealth or open world games this is a good game just to relax and enjoy rather than get really serious about. Expand
  29. Mar 18, 2017
    Although Watch Dogs 2 hasn't redefined gaming, it's definitely an innovative game. The gameplay is very good and the way we're able to utilize remote control cars and drones to complete missions is brilliant and adds a lot of fun to the game.

There are a lot of puzzle elements to many of the missions and the skills tree allows you to upgrade various different skills. These skills allow you to complete missions in different ways. For example, you can choose to upgrade social engineering skills, which will eventually allow you to use a gang attack on your enemies. You would just need to get close enough to an enemy to assign a gang hit on him. If gang attacks isn't your cup of tea, you can put an APB on one of your enemies and then watch a police officer rush to the scene and arrest him.

You can also upgrade your remote control car and drone, upgrade your vehicle hacking skills, markmanship...etc.

Overall, this is a great game.
  30. Dec 1, 2016
    An easy 9/10. I find it refreshing how well the game runs after playing through the s**tstorm that was Mafia 3, No Man's Sky, Quantum Break and other select ports that were truly awful. The textures on Mafia 3 compared to this is like playing this on a playstation 2 and Mafia 3 on a Sinclair Spectrum 48k.

The graphics on Watchdogs 2 are really quite good for an open world game. I run

The graphics on Watchdogs 2 are really quite good for an open world game. I run an i5-2500k at 4.2ghz with 16GB RAM. a GTX970 at stock and a ASUS ROG G-sync monitor, so you can see. my rig is 5 years old with just a graphics card update. My CPU is far from ideal yet this runs and plays without my CPU hitting 100% much. I have this at a mix of ultra and high with MSAA off in favour of the other performance enhancing AA. I am getting between 40-60 FPS with almost zero stuttering (I used to be a member of the 60FPS brigade until I got my g-sync monitor. Now, so long as it isn't a shooter, I can easily live with 40-50FPS - the difference is non existent.

At first glance it looks like there is hardly anything to do because there are almost zero icons on the city map. This soon changes after the first half hour or so. I haven't played more than 4 hours yet and my score may change but I couldn't give it a 10 at this stage. One thing I am certain though is that unlike some other successful open world titles, the first few operations missions I did were not a walk in the park, even on normal difficulty I had issues trying to complete the mission at the studios using stealth alone. Ended up having to shoot my way out.

If you are on the fence thinking this is going to be a poor to average game like the first Watch Dogs, then be assured - it isn't. If you are like me and couldn't care less about the u-play DRM then you're in for a treat. If you won't buy because of u-play, well - its your loss. I don't see much of a difference between having to use u-play instead of steam
  31. Dec 31, 2016
    I enjoyed the first Watch Dogs, but I mostly ran straight through it, one main mission after another, without caring much from the side content that felt out of place. I'm playing Watch Dogs 2 very differently and enjoying it immensely: the setting and story give me more incentive to explore and play with the world, and with many cool gadgets and skills at my disposal, this is a lot ofI enjoyed the first Watch Dogs, but I mostly ran straight through it, one main mission after another, without caring much from the side content that felt out of place. I'm playing Watch Dogs 2 very differently and enjoying it immensely: the setting and story give me more incentive to explore and play with the world, and with many cool gadgets and skills at my disposal, this is a lot of fun. If you like silly humour (the game does not take itself too seriously), the story is also pretty entertaining... overall a great open world game, and it's also beautiful and runs very smoothly on my GTX 970. Expand
  32. Jan 11, 2017
    Watch Dogs 2 is actually pretty impressive piece of game and is even ahead of GTA 5 in some aspects. I wasnt expecting much from Ubisoft, their games are usually pretty looking, but very boring after a while, but this isnt the case. Watch Dogs 2 is imho hot candidate for a game of the year! Buy it.
  33. Dec 23, 2016
    Very fun experience with many memorable moments.

An engrossing open-world adventure in an excellently modelled environment which doesn't take itself too seriously. Performs and looks great on PC. Design, textures, and music are all very well done. Multiplayer elements are creatively integrated and optional (I recommend leaving the default settings allowing PVP invasions).
  34. Dec 31, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the game GTA V should have been, superior in every way, with more to do, an exciting and meaningful plot, dialogue that's both relevant and humorous and multiplayer is handled brilliantly. The online experience has been blended seamlessly with the single player, which is a real blast when you're exploring and another player pops up. It makes the world seem even more teeming with life.
    It has a really non-linear approach to carrying out missions, letting you choose how stealthy you want to be and not punishing you either way. The sneaking mechanics are a joy but it's still nice to run in guns blazing every now and again
  35. Dec 9, 2016
    A pleasant surprise!
    Wasn't thinking of buying this Watch Dogs, because how cheated I felt with the first one, but I don't regret buying it! With the recent big titles of Ubisoft being well optimised and often that they are releasing good/mediocre games, my faith for Ubisoft is starting to restore.
    A pleasant surprise!

The PC version of Watch Dogs 2 is fairly optimised, with some settings taking too much of an fps hit in my opinion. What I mean by that is, I can't, for example, play this game stable (60 fps) if I turn on 2x MSAA, Nvidia's own settings or turning up extra details. However, the game looks good even if I turn those settings down/off.

Both the side missions and main missions are fun if a bit repetitive. The hacking aspect of the game is, of course, a part of the missions, but I can often choose how I want to complete it: either by killing everyone, doing it stealthy or hacking. It feels enough different for me to keep going. Sidequests are often times fun and goofy, which makes the repetitive hacking feel a lot more rewarding and therefore more fun. The one thing that really didn't feel that much fun was the collecting part since it often made me go up a really high roof and then climb all the way down again.

Sometimes I feel like the story of the game try to take itself seriously, and sometimes like it isn't. That kind of work in the sense that the hacking group is created by young hipster people. Basically, it is a decent story, with some weird parts and characters. The one thing that kind of disturbed me is that the group works to help the people living in San Fransisco, but I can still go around killing innocent guards and people during missions. It would have been nice with some kind of moral mechanic in the game so that I got less or lost followers.

My favourite thing is the amount of customization you can do to the character. It would have been nice having that amount to the cars and weapons as well, but you always want more I guess. I have never seen a game with soo many clothes options.

Overall, it's a good game and I highly recommend it.
  36. Dec 16, 2016
    A really great game.
    Closer to MGS V than it is to GTA V.
    But unlike the Kojima game, they did everything right. The Open world is beautiful with a lot of different environment, and a great level design the infiltration is great, the challenge is there, the seamless multiplayer is a great idea (that you can deactivate) The gameplay has a lot of surprises and the way you play change
    A really great game.
    Closer to MGS V than it is to GTA V.
    But unlike the Kojima game, they did everything right.
    the infiltration is great,
    the challenge is there,
    the seamless multiplayer is a great idea (that you can deactivate)
    The gameplay has a lot of surprises and the way you play change overtime with the new skills

I hope a sequel will be in the work
  37. Jan 9, 2017
    This game is far better than most people say and think.
    I believe many reviewers did not play it: that's why they said that plot and characters are dull and intended for a young public. This is only apparently true, but it becomes false as you keep progressing with the story.
    This game is far better than most people say and think.
    Let's put it this way: Ubisoft is really unique as a major software house, as it tried to create games with powerful and delicate social, civil and cultural themes. Assassin's Creed games managed to do so, with highs and low of course, but they introduced important concepts: freedom of thought, rights of minorities, anti-systemic philosophy etc, all within a dense cultural and artistic setting.
    Yes, you may say that such messages are not always well rendered in Ubisoft games, but at least they tried.
    Watch Dogs 2 is a game like that: it has something to say. It is not perfectly formulated, but the fact it does is enough for raising it over most existing games.
    WD2 is packed with civil, educational and powerful social messages, all in a lightweight and funny fashion, by means of a group of teenagers that are quite well characterized and devoted to important cultural battles.
    Also, it is technically fantastic, the gameplay is interesting and fun enough, and the story is decent though not so well paced or narrated.
    It basically has the same flaws of all Ubisoft late games: a lack of inspiration in the script, due to the intent of making the game likable to the masses at all costs.
    This is your main mistake, Ubisoft: you have to DARE again, you have to go back to the time when you created an amazing game set in Middle-east and whose protagonist was an arab. You don't have to be afraid of the masses, as they do NOT know what they want. Ubisoft, you must become again the maker of games with powerful meanings and messages.
    And Watch Dogs 2 is a step to the right direction.
  38. Jan 7, 2017
    Watch Dogs 2 has improved very well ! Watch dogs 1 was not really what i waited for, but watch dogs 2 was very complete, with a beautifull map and amazing graphics. The hacking could have been better and more usefull in free roaming, but this game still amazing !
  39. Jan 19, 2017
    Much better than the first game! Fun, colors, memes, game is more fun, yummy to play. This should be the new trend of the current games. I remember that the first game was very dark, sad, too serious.
  40. Feb 14, 2017
    No Word required for this awesome game, Awesome MP events, nice graphics, weapons, dress customization, awesome cars and awesome hacking experience, lot more better than watch dog 1. . .and awesome acrobatic movement makes awesome game. . .
  41. Jan 26, 2017
    Watch Dogs 2 я прошёл за несколько дней и я вполне доволен этой игрой. Эта игра имеет превосходный сюжет. Она не была сделана для тупой стрельбы как это было в GTA, она заточена под сюжет и стелс прохождение, хоть и ИИ хромает.

В игре присутствует довольно не плохое количество шуток которое разбавит скуку. Также присутствует полная русская локализация за что большое спасибо. В плане

В плане оптимизации: в отзывах вижу слишком много жалоб на оптимизацию скажу так: при моём железе (AMD Phenom II X4 945, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb RAM) игра на средних настройках работает без единого лага. Так что те у кого лагает поковыряйте у себя ПО, там явно есть проблемы.

Google Translation:
    "Watch Dogs 2 I went for a few days and I'm quite happy with this game. This game has an excellent plot. She was not made for a blunt shooting as it was in the GTA, it is tuned for the story and the passage of stealth, even though the AI ​​is lame.

The game has a fairly good number of jokes that will dilute the boredom. Also there is a full Russian localization for which many thanks.

In terms of optimization: in a review, I see too many complaints about the optimization will say this: if my hardware (AMD Phenom II X4 945, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb RAM) game on medium settings works without any lag. So those who proposes to dig deeper in their software, there is clearly a problem.
  42. Mar 14, 2017
    Watch Dogs 2 has a super great story to offer with the added humor of the game that makes it enjoyable. You don’t even have to do a mission in order to enjoy the game – just roaming around the great city of San Francisco or stalk other people is enough to enjoy the game, it’s like your playground.
  43. Dec 28, 2016
    A fun, lighthearted game that brought a smile to my face many times even though I was in a bad mood while playing it. You don't need to use anything other than the stun gun and the gadgets to beat it, there are guns in it but actually not using them makes the game more fun and the story and characters make more sense that way. Performance-wise, you will need to tinker with the options aA fun, lighthearted game that brought a smile to my face many times even though I was in a bad mood while playing it. You don't need to use anything other than the stun gun and the gadgets to beat it, there are guns in it but actually not using them makes the game more fun and the story and characters make more sense that way. Performance-wise, you will need to tinker with the options a bit to get it to run smoothly, because some of them completely murder the framerate. On my 4790k/16g ram/gtx 1080 I had to turn down Extra Details to 30%, Nvidia specific shadows off and not go full ham on the AA to get it to stay above 60 on 1080p (everything else on Ultra, including the Ultra texture pack).

The online interactions are fun but unfortunately a bit buggy, for example I was solving some kind of circuitry puzzle, another player joined my game and I was no longer able to interact with the puzzle. I had to boot him by exiting the game and reloading, and then the puzzle worked again. A few moments later I joined a co-op mission and the other player was afk, so we both just stood there, while the game would not let me abandon the mission, because you need the other player's permission (??) to do that, so once again I had to exit to the main menu and reload the game.

A few frustrating moments aside, it's a fun game, which has already been discounted quite heavily, so it's definitely worth a buy.
  44. Feb 4, 2017
    Best vs GTA V in any terms of coolness. Very detailed game and updated vs 1st one which was great too. Really impressive fights and those hacking are cool
  45. Dec 30, 2016
    Fun game. One of the better open world games other than GTA. So many things to do in the game. I think they could've added a little more side missions. Wished the game was optimized a bit better for performance. Can't wait for a sequel.
  46. Dec 26, 2016
    I was really sceptic before release about this game. After really average first Watch Dogs, I thought that going so "casual" into whole "hacking" thing will only make it worse, but I was wrong, really wrong.

If you approach this game with distance and open arms for it's parody of "group of hackers" theme and won't take it seriously, you will have lots of fun. The best things in my

The best things in my opinion are references to pop culture, games and movies, and every crew member that seem like cool geek and not some grey guy with depression like in first Watch Dogs.

The technical side of the game is also pretty good, as far as I am concerned I have not encountered any bugs (except not working multiplayer that was a major problem shortly after release of the game).

It may not be a competition for GTA series, but it's definitely worth checking out.
  47. Jan 20, 2017
    I'm surprised to see this game doesn't get more love. It's both superior to GTA in terms of gameplay and the closest I've been to experiencing the fun of the original Deus Ex. This game lets you both plan ahead of mission of wing them as you see fit. The open roaming is a blast, with a myriad of little tactical enigmas to solve. The multiplayer is a blast, especially if you don't gettingI'm surprised to see this game doesn't get more love. It's both superior to GTA in terms of gameplay and the closest I've been to experiencing the fun of the original Deus Ex. This game lets you both plan ahead of mission of wing them as you see fit. The open roaming is a blast, with a myriad of little tactical enigmas to solve. The multiplayer is a blast, especially if you don't getting bored of strictly structured genres such as MOBAs or CS-likes. The single player is the only slight letdown. It's good, but not GTA5 good. Expand
  48. Jun 25, 2017
    Wow, this game really surprised me. The first one was mediocre and underdelivered. The second one redeems the series with humor, graphics, and gameplay. It was a super fun game from start to finish for about 30 hours. I would definitely recommend it over Assassin's Creed or Far Cry. And if you can push it to ultra (like on a 1080ti), oh my does it look gorgeous.
  49. Apr 16, 2017
    Excellent game, superb PC port. It's so great to play a game that KNOWS WHAT IT WANTS TO BE! If you liked the Kingsman movie, you'll love this. It's a bit over-the-top, but not Saint's Row levels. It truly is an ode to geekdom and internet culture. Absolutely sublime game. Story DLC expensive, but adds a lot and is IMO well worth it. Ridiculous, but amazing.
  50. Jan 22, 2018
    Amazing gameplay, if it had story from WD1, it would be perfect game. Online also good.
  51. May 11, 2017
    Gameplay : 8
    Graphics : 8
    Story : 7
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 8
  52. Apr 29, 2017
    Inarguably a better game than its predecessor, Watch Dogs 2 is an energetic, crazy and overall fun title that unfortunately possesses some flaws affecting its welcoming tonal shift.
  53. Oct 18, 2018
    +Отличная игра ребята
    +квесты интересные - часто поднимают глобальные темы, например, если у каждого есть Live score, то в кого врежется машина управляемая ИИ в вас или в того у кого он выше?
    +нормальный графоний +живой мир, много чего услышать можно +Паркурчик +не задалбывает, действительно интересно +Много задродских тем - кто сильнее один хищник или 3 чужих? +Интересные персонажи
    +Отличная игра ребята
    +нормальный графоний
    +живой мир, много чего услышать можно
    +Паркурчик
    +не задалбывает, действительно интересно
    +Много задродских тем - кто сильнее один хищник или 3 чужих?
    +Интересные персонажи

-Мелкие баги с музыкой, бывало застрявал
    -Однообразные механики
    -Сначала проходил тихо, потом взял себе пушки ибо надоело
    -Непонятные статтеры
    -Присутсвие отсутсвие мимики, вроде есть, но нет
  54. Feb 15, 2017
    Graphics: 9
    Gameplay: 8
    Game Plot: 6
    Optimization - 6

Overall: 7.25

The game is good for a single pass. If the lack of serious plot is not critical for you it will be a good gaming week)))
  55. Mar 2, 2017
    This game isn't bad, but I like first WD is more. Of Course, in Watch Dogs 2 graphics is not many better and awesome physics, but I think storyline and gameplay in Watch Dogs is better than in Watch Dogs 2. Of course, band in this game is good, but in first WD is more good, but this game is good for Ubisoft, but Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, For Honor and Ghost ReconThis game isn't bad, but I like first WD is more. Of Course, in Watch Dogs 2 graphics is not many better and awesome physics, but I think storyline and gameplay in Watch Dogs is better than in Watch Dogs 2. Of course, band in this game is good, but in first WD is more good, but this game is good for Ubisoft, but Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, For Honor and Ghost Recon Wildlands is much better. Expand
  56. Nov 5, 2018
    Loved this game!

Amazing graphics and aesthetics, better gameplay than the first game, overall a more sensible story, and fantastic characters and humor. I took 1 star for the following reasons: - The slow motion camera event when a police's car gets destroyed was removed :( - Console controls and design were annoying as **** I'm specifically talking about camera locks and
    Loved this game!

I took 1 star for the following reasons:

- Console controls and design were annoying as **** I'm specifically talking about camera locks and movement, but also the fact that you have to sit through a 10 second animation to enter or leave the Hackerspace...
    - The story is good but certain parts of feel forced.
  57. Mar 23, 2017
    big improvements from the original watch dogs as they take the game a lot less seriously and have fun with it and the graphics that were shown off were what we got but the writing can be cringey at some points and on PC it is poorly optimised in some important locations across the map which is very well designed and contains a lot of funny pop culture references but random people can joinbig improvements from the original watch dogs as they take the game a lot less seriously and have fun with it and the graphics that were shown off were what we got but the writing can be cringey at some points and on PC it is poorly optimised in some important locations across the map which is very well designed and contains a lot of funny pop culture references but random people can join your session anytime which can be irritating at some times it is quite smooth with friends. Expand
  58. Jun 1, 2017
    The best game published in 2016 :

Pros : - well written main and side quests - good humor : npcs; robots, car hacking... - charming characters - many ways to accomplish the missions - the bank van attacks offer epic moments when chased by police - San Francisco and the Silicon Valley are entertaining places - the jumper and the quadricopter are great ideas - many hacking
    The best game published in 2016 :

Pros :

- well written main and side quests
    - good humor : npcs; robots, car hacking...
    - charming characters
    - many ways to accomplish the missions
    - the bank van attacks offer epic moments when chased by police
    - San Francisco and the Silicon Valley are entertaining places
    - the jumper and the quadricopter are great ideas
    - many hacking possibilities
    - living city, NPCs
    - many activites : sailing...
    - the best graphics : high resolution textures awesome in 4K, many details, inspired city tags, long-range visibility, awesome weather (rain, fog), enjoyable tourist places to visit, It is really a pleasure to walk around
    - well-optimized : it is the first game to use the CPU cores efficiently : my 5960X overlcoked at 4500 Mhz is used at 60 % and at 80 % in a few places. SLI works great too.
    - mulitplayer included in the solo story
    - many hours : about 90 hours for every single mission and a few multi ones.

Cons :
    - no manual saves
    - bad crouching movement : you can be crouched only by using the cover movement. If you no longer want to use the cover movement technique, you are no longer crouching.

The best open-world game, better than Watch Dogs 1, GTA IV and V.
  59. Jul 17, 2017
    This game is very cool, the hacking system has been developed against the first part however the optimization is awful. This game is not for weak computers
  60. Jun 5, 2019
    Watch Dogs 2 is a surprisingly good open-world stealth-shooter hybrid. The hacking mechanics in this game is all levels of fun and impressive along with its quality lore, controls, acting and visuals. It heavily focuses on the near-futuristic setting where Internet of Things rules the world which Ubisoft has executed elegantly.
  61. Jan 29, 2019
    loved it . watch dogs 2 is amazing 10 out of 10 big clap..........................................
  62. Feb 23, 2019
    The first part was a shame, because of this I did not want to buy part 2, but still decided. I did not expect such progress in plot and graphics from Ubisoft. The game is perfectly optimized. The i5 6600K and GTX 1060 3Gb comes with ultra settings at 90 fps. I Put 9 points because in some moments of the plot it was boring
  63. May 11, 2019
    Watch Dogs 2 is a very nice storytelling game. The graphics are good but the performance/optimisation is lousy. Even on highend hardware it runs terribly. The driving is also very bad. As I mentioned, the story is beautifully written. I feel connected to the characters and the game overall never gets boring. The online mode is nothing I can recommend, you can just hack and annoy some otherWatch Dogs 2 is a very nice storytelling game. The graphics are good but the performance/optimisation is lousy. Even on highend hardware it runs terribly. The driving is also very bad. As I mentioned, the story is beautifully written. I feel connected to the characters and the game overall never gets boring. The online mode is nothing I can recommend, you can just hack and annoy some other player, drive around, do some races and thats it. But overall the game is great. I hope there will be a Watch Dogs 3. Expand

1. Apr 3, 2017
    Unlike the first game where multiplayer was kind of a mess, the sequel offers a pretty solid multiplayer experience. Playing Watch Dogs 2 co-op is definitely a blast, especially if you're experiencing the game with a friend.
  2. Mar 8, 2017
    In the end, Watch Dogs 2 feels like an improvement over the previous game in the series. The characters are fun to play as and interact with, all of the hacking elements have a lot more depth and make more sense, and the world feels more alive and rich than ever before, design wise and graphics wise. However the game does suffer from mediocrity in regards to its shooting mechanics and stealth sections. Is it a fun game? Yeah, sure it is. Is it one of my games of the year? Not really.
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 13, 2017
    Hacking and stealth elements are so good in Watch Dogs 2 and as a whole the game is so much better than its predecessor that I managed to turn a blind eye to the fact that Dedsec members are annoying as hell. [01/2017, p.32]