7.3

1. Mar 24, 2019
    The negative reviews tell truth. The writing is really bad (after Act I it's a joke), the gameplay is meaningless and the devs just missed the point. Yes, you do face difficult choices (moral) but you don't care about it. All you care are the reputation bars. So... Let's kill this guy, who cares if he is innocent, but this faction needs it or I'm dead. Sounds great on paper but to beThe negative reviews tell truth. The writing is really bad (after Act I it's a joke), the gameplay is meaningless and the devs just missed the point. Yes, you do face difficult choices (moral) but you don't care about it. All you care are the reputation bars. So... Let's kill this guy, who cares if he is innocent, but this faction needs it or I'm dead. Sounds great on paper but to be honest... you just sit there and do whatever for these reputation bars. If you won't, then you lose, if you do, then why should you care? And investigation mechanics? There's no such a thing, more like beautiful interface trying to hide that there's no actual gameplay.
    Wouldn't recommend anyone for a full price, and even on a deal only to people who really enjoyed the trailer (and you can leave the game after Act I, the second one is just worse).
    We see there a lot of super sweet reviews and I honestly don't know why, maybe some people really enjoy this game, but I don't, and I feel like you shouldn't, because it's just a way to get your money, give you a promissing concept for 2 hrs and leave you without refund opportunity with a crapy game in your library.
  2. Mar 24, 2019
    I'm sure that the indie game website was paid to write that review. There's no way anyone would give this game 9/10. It's clearly a manipulation.

This game is Text + UI, 100% of it. And the UI is sweet and clear, but the text is... questionable. With all the animations and cutscenes one may wonder why they didn't hire a writer? Or why they hired such a bad one. You can find better (I'm talking about execution) games in early access than this. And I don't even see how this game could be better. For now, it's 6/10 at its best. If you are really into French stuff and revolution... go ahead, you have 2 hrs to refund, right? I didn't. I played it to the end. I feel like I lost my time. Gameplay is tedious and I wouldn't mind if they delete it. The story is just simple, don't question it, don't think about it, it's here for your entertainment. The audio is just bad for 8-10 hrs. Maybe one can like it but I don't believe that you can enjoy it for such a long time over and over again.
    The developer delivered us a mediocre indie horror game in the past but I really wanted to believe that We the revolution will be a good game. It isn't. I like how some people changed their positive reviews to negative ones after a few days. The game feels like an early access title where only first act is playable, and the second one will be released in the next update. But steam page says it's not early access, so... 6/10. I got really mixed feelings about this title and the devs. There's something unhonest (or I'm just emotionally hurt because of my RIP hype) about this game. It gets significantly worse after 2 hrs (when you can't refund), the animations and promotion clips are just 10/10 when they can't hire a decent native writer? It would be awesome to get french dubbing, but eng is good enough here. And the dev delivered us a horror game 2 yrs ago in full 3D. I don't get it how it works, but I understand they wanted to do something more meaningful when we don't need more mediocre horror games. I didn't write a review on steam because there is no mixed option (neutral review) and I guess you should be really careful if you want to play it.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 13, 2020
    We. The Revolution’s striking looks and memorable moments are all too often overshadowed by myriad gameplay mechanics and a constrained, confusing plot.
  2. Jul 8, 2019
    Good game. But only that. Not for everyone, especially not for children and minors. Too much text will turn off some players. But excitement for every new case and hope that you will behead Robespierre will be enough to keep you until the end.
  3. Apr 27, 2019
    We. The Revolution manages to plunge us into the darkest era of France, with an innovative scenario, and the special appeal to play as a judge. There is always something to do, and the system of choices and repercussions is cruel but just. It's a good thing that you can go back in time whenever you want and make different choices. The game is as expected: immersive and refreshing.