6.7

1. Oct 31, 2017
    Bethesda is turning into EA. It's obvious that this is barely a mediocre gaming experience, and yet everyone praises it. Why?! It's the same game as the first Wolfenstein except worse from every technical aspect. Just a generic, nazi shooting game and it's poorly done. How does that happen in 2017. They've cut corners everywhere. Graphics are exactly the same as before only now the gameBethesda is turning into EA. It's obvious that this is barely a mediocre gaming experience, and yet everyone praises it. Why?! It's the same game as the first Wolfenstein except worse from every technical aspect. Just a generic, nazi shooting game and it's poorly done. How does that happen in 2017. They've cut corners everywhere. Graphics are exactly the same as before only now the game chokes on shaders, LODs and other inane, unnecessary crap that in turn, amps up the system requirements for NO GOOD REASON. Also, crashes, freezes, lags. Seriously? What a load. To hell with its "messages", characters and whatever else you find to praise undeservedly. If it were a movie, this would make SOME sense. This is a game, and it's barely playable, so who cares about the characters, and political statements? Managed to bore me to tears in three levels. Utter nonsense. Expand
  2. Nov 1, 2017
    I gave this game a Zero on release because it crashed and gave black screen and was unplayable. After the first update the game works now smoothly have not had a problem yet with R9 290 at 1080p Ultra settings. Some of you may still have problem but I am speaking for me and my hardware.

Now on to the game itself. Well the game is fun if you loved The New Order then you will love this one too. Good action and nice graphics with beautiful music.

I hate all propaganda they put in games and moves and bunch of pure politician Bullsh*t and incorrect historical information and events. But this is the world we're living in today its based on a Lies. Either you play the game and ignore these stuff just like me or you skip the game. This game mostly base on shooting stuff and not a story driven game. If you are looking for story then there are better game choices out there.

Be aware of all the critic reviewers today. They all have been payed on every big game made by a big company like Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft and so on. And most of the Critics gives the same reviews to PC as Consoles when they only played it on Console. Most of them have NO IDEA how the game run on PC. This is getting out of hand and there is absolutely no reliable source no more. To hell with this evil world... Do not trust the critics wait and see for yourself how the game is and runs by watching videos on release.
  3. Oct 28, 2017
    Some serious issues with the pc port, artifacts, crashing, fps slow downs, i have more than adequate hardware that surpasses their recommended specs.

Despite that i got a few hours out of it without crashing today and only minor issues with audio and video. The real issue was how bad the game is. If you ignore the cutscenes and setting, with the worst characters i have ever seen in a video game, you can get a few decent hours of fun out of the shooting, the problem is that you can't separate the plot, story and characters from the game.

It beats you over the head with some of the dumbest commentary i have ever listened to. It's so bad it's like a caricature of a caricature. when you go that far it just becomes silly and tiresome. Idk what Bethesda was thinking giving this game to anyone in Sweden. but they've managed to pull a Mass Effect Andromeda in the worst possible way.

The only people who will enjoy this are people who can ignore everything but the few hours of gunplay it gives you.
  4. Oct 28, 2017
    Enjoyed the previous games. But this seems to be Bethesda laziness showing as usual. They haven't really created anything new and this just seems to be a rehash of what they had before with some blended cutscenes, like what they did with Fallout 4.

The other part is there are numerous bugs and performance issues, again just like Fallout 4. I'm not sure what's happening at Bethesda these days but they seem to be failing in quality and any type of originality.

Definitely not worth $59. Rent or wait until it goes on discount.
  5. Oct 27, 2017
    Really wanted to love this game, but the performance is just terrible. It constantly freezes or crashes to desktop. If I don't completely restart my machine after a crash it runs at < 10 FPS. Yes, my drivers and directX are completely up to date. Yes I meet the minimum requirements. Running Doom 2016, Wolfenstein New Blood, Witcher 3 etc is no problem and look great. This game has someReally wanted to love this game, but the performance is just terrible. It constantly freezes or crashes to desktop. If I don't completely restart my machine after a crash it runs at < 10 FPS. Yes, my drivers and directX are completely up to date. Yes I meet the minimum requirements. Running Doom 2016, Wolfenstein New Blood, Witcher 3 etc is no problem and look great. This game has some serious problems and I can't recommend it until they're fixed. Expand
  6. Oct 27, 2017
    Had much expectations for this new shooter, BUT FPS DROPS AND PERFORMANCE what the **** Ive played WITCHER 3 on HIGH+ settings (minus Nvidia hairwork) and GTA V on High-to-ultra settings - zero problems! It drops to 15 FPS and back to 60. All the time - freezing or crashing to desktop. What the hell. Can't remember when was the last time I've seen this behaviour from a new release.

Game

Game has MASSIVE problems and I can't recommend it. "Come again after a few patches" (c)
    Best advice - just download the pirated version (Its already out there) and see if It works well for you.
  7. Oct 28, 2017
    Enjoyed the first game and other releases, But as others have noted this has become highly politicized and taints everything in the game and just makes it hard to enjoy. You play games to escape the real world not to get bombarded by Leftist/Antifa/BLM propaganda. If you want a game to be able to escape and blow off some steam, this isn't the game for you. Lots of other titles outEnjoyed the first game and other releases, But as others have noted this has become highly politicized and taints everything in the game and just makes it hard to enjoy. You play games to escape the real world not to get bombarded by Leftist/Antifa/BLM propaganda. If you want a game to be able to escape and blow off some steam, this isn't the game for you. Lots of other titles out there right now you can spend your hard earn money and time on instead of having to watch long badly done politicized cut scenes. Expand
  8. Oct 29, 2017
    I was hoping for a game, but instead I got politics. It's really hard to enjoy a game when you feel like the developer is just using their game as a vehicle to let you know how they view the US and it's people.

Sadly, there are a lot more problems than just the politics. The characters themselves, the character models, dialog, and story are terrible. My favorite person in the game was Sigrun Engel. What does that say about the other characters in the game, including BJ?

The actual game play is good, but it's almost impossible to enjoy the game considering all of the other flaws. It's hard to believe this game was made by the same developer that made the last game. I really liked that game. Now it seems like even that game is tarnished. It makes me wonder if some of the programmers from Mass Effect Andromeda got hired by Machine Games.
  9. Oct 29, 2017
    Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my first language.

Despite the fact that I knew this game was going to be catering to the current political scene, I wanted to believe that it was just a marketing decision and would have no impact on the game. I was wrong. The whole central point of wolfenstein was killing nazis. This game instead tries to make it as if you are what the far
    Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my first language.

I was wrong.

The whole central point of wolfenstein was killing nazis. This game instead tries to make it as if you are what the far left believes is the antithesis of nazis: Communist revolutionaries. This game isn't fun, it's politics with some gameplay.

The gameplay is extremely bland. They wanted to make this a story game but the plot is awful. The level design is worse.

The game itself is extremely unstable and crashes frequently. The only people that would defend this game are partisan to the politics endorsed by it.
  10. Oct 29, 2017
    What a sad follow up to a great series. The PC version is ludicrously buggy, and is clearly not ready for release yet. This is probably more on the publisher than the developer, but, from a consumer standpoint, its hard to see a distinction.

The writing is atrocious, and actually may make ME: Andromeda look good. Its absurd, politically heavy handed to a degree I've never seen before, and detracts greatly from the already dodgy gameplay (good luck using stealth).

Steer clear.
  11. Oct 27, 2017
    BUGGY MESS
    This is not a complete review i will adjust later
    BUGGY MESS
    This is not a complete review i will adjust later

took me an hour just to get the damn thing to work on pc, i feel many would just give up. tons of ugly screen tearing. in game vsync is broke. had to disable in game and enable in nvidia control panel. But had to do so in some unknown order combination with rebooting and turning off and on in game since i couldnt repeat the solution. basically its working good enough but still some tearing. also had to disable the dpi resolution option in the executable properties to get 4k to work..oh i also had to install a latest hotfix from nvidia even though the fix said it was for kepler cards i have win 10 and 1080ti fully updated. i guess bethesda doesnt test their pc game on win 10 or nvidias latest cards. Annoying.
  12. Oct 29, 2017
    I enjoyed the other two Wolfenstein games, But... This was rubbish ! Cut scenes are way way too long and very lefty political ! I was expecting they would improve and update the Wolfenstein Nazi shooter, but it looks like the developers got bored and spent the time adding very left wing propaganda cut scenes of three and half hours long +++ Dull as dish water. I've played many good PC fpsI enjoyed the other two Wolfenstein games, But... This was rubbish ! Cut scenes are way way too long and very lefty political ! I was expecting they would improve and update the Wolfenstein Nazi shooter, but it looks like the developers got bored and spent the time adding very left wing propaganda cut scenes of three and half hours long +++ Dull as dish water. I've played many good PC fps and adventure games and this must be the lowest in my honest opinion. You will wish you had spent your hard earned money on another game, believe me. Good luck in finding a fun game to play without politics being rammed down your throat :( Story + Gameplay + Performance + Fun = 0 Expand
  13. Oct 28, 2017

-Hitler in the game

-Story and the cutscenes is like a C category movie.
    -Gameplay is boring
    -Anya and DJ or BJ? blazkovizs is a typical superhero,
    -Voice acting is horrible why BJ is always so calm?
    - Facial express is horrible for a late 2017 game
  14. Oct 28, 2017
    Stuttering, freezing, crashes, black screen frozen, fps drops, audio sounding fuzzy, blurry 720p looking textures, Chromatic Aberration added to game, Vulkan Vulkan is worst here lot of graphical bugs. Same problems I have with the new doom is black screen freezing and buncha graphical bugs like outlines all cause OpenGL/Vulkan.

Just stop using OpenGL/Vulkan id in your engines please

Just stop using OpenGL/Vulkan id in your engines please add DX11 support soon. In the mean time I ain't neva buying id tech games again or id software ones.

At least DX11 works better on Win 7-Win10. So please release a DX11 patch soon so I can finally play this game at a stable fps and have better and cleaner looking graphics like I do with witcher 3/new prey/elex/all other single-player games.
  15. Oct 27, 2017
    This games introduction so far is great, played 3 hours so far.

There's alot of graphical artifactings. Cause the game is using Vulkan and not DirectX I'm getting a ton of black dot line shimmerings mostly in front of my view. This happens alot for most games using OpenGL/Vullkan most notable Wolfenstin: The New Order and Rage which are 2 id tech 5 games with OpenGL. Frankly I'm
    This games introduction so far is great, played 3 hours so far.

Frankly I'm done with this id Software not supporting DirectX11 on Winodws in their engines is making me never buy their games on their engines again.

Directx on PC or bust. Last game I will ever buy on id tech.
  16. Oct 30, 2017
    This boring derivative shooter is using a venerable franchise to make a quick buck by injecting the game play with a story riddled with anti-white propaganda and social engineering.

The 'punch a Nazi' refrain goes well beyond the traditional villains of the series and expands the virtue signaling to anyone who is white. We discover our hero was abused as a child by his white father who, surprise surprise was a terrible racist and anti-semite. We discover that the great hope for the world is the multi-ethnic group of resistance fighters which are a carbon copy of other SJW productions like Star Wars The Force Awakens.

The developers here have gone OUT OF THEIR WAY to push a particular narrative here and it is visible in the opening minutes of the game and continues throughout. Its poison, and it should be rightly rejected and called out for the damage it is doing not only to gamers, but to what is left of Western Civilization.
  17. Oct 30, 2017
    Much worse than was the New order, a weak story, weak humor, average gameplay
    Disappeared grotesquely the Nazis, if the first part was interesting to watch, now it is not
    Left the game in the middle, it is not necessary to spend your time
  18. Oct 27, 2017
    My scores first:
    Visuals - 7/10 (all looking good, but definitely not "next-gen" )
    Sound - 7/10 - acting is top, all good with ambient, but guns.. gun are super flat. Gameplay - 5/10, gunplay doesn't feel powerful, levels are extreme corridor-minded. AI, super agressive - cool BUT you are can die from 3-5 good landed bullets even on easiest difficulty. You'll be dying a lot and you'll
    My scores first:
    Visuals - 7/10 (all looking good, but definitely not "next-gen" )
    Gameplay - 5/10, gunplay doesn't feel powerful, levels are extreme corridor-minded. AI, super agressive - cool BUT you are can die from 3-5 good landed bullets even on easiest difficulty. You'll be dying a lot and you'll rage because epic moments gonna be ruined by insta-death from nowhere.
    Story - 6/10 - US under nazi setting is old and doesn't really work. Character's actions are not very natural.

I start a game, excited and so on, it is Wolfenstein II let's kill some nazies.. oh.. what I'm looking at? Some unneeded drama from main hero's childhood. For some reason main hero is super attached to a character who was just a cardboard background in 1st game? O_o... Ooookay. Further cutscenes are trying to show me why Nazi's are a bad thing - I get it... but where is cheesy killing mfking nazies action I loved 1st game for? Nope.. still don't see it.

Next 2-3 hours into the game, I'm raging because of super sensitive main hero's health bar.. it drops from 1 bullet to 10%... I lower difficulty level, nope, still same **** - AI is shooting with 100% precision. Oh! Epic moment, huge experimental soldier-robot appears in the middle of corridor, and...... shoots me dead with 1 bullet,replay from checkpoint>replay from checkpoint>replay from checkpoint>replay from checkpoint.... "i'd better stop playing for today.. may be tomorrow".

So.. you get the idea. BUT I'd say it is very classic FPS from 2000-2005 times. Sadly gameplay is absolutely NOT like DOOM, which was fun, adictive, balanced.

overall score: 6... sadly.
  19. Oct 30, 2017
    I just felt I HAD to give this game a review here to offset ever so slightly all the morons.

This game is phenomenal. It tells a terrific story and is visually stunning. It seems the negative attention it's receiving is from A) morons who think it is a SJW statement masked as a game. B) (and this one is even more absurd) terribly optimised. To address both, no it is not a SJW

This game is phenomenal. It tells a terrific story and is visually stunning.

It seems the negative attention it's receiving is from
    A) morons who think it is a SJW statement masked as a game.
    B) (and this one is even more absurd) terribly optimised.

To address both, no it is not a SJW peice, it is rather condemning of a Nazi ideology though so if that makes you uncomfortable maybe have a conversation with yourself.

And secondly, the game is about as well optimised and polished a release on PC this year, hell even the last few years. Both this and Destiny 2 are fantastic examples of how to leverage the power of PC and deliver a visually stunning experience, with performance that scales very well across various configurations.

The gunplay is fantastic, story is engaging, visual and aural presentation is phenomenal...honestly a standout title of the year. The current 5.6 user rating it has on metacritic is sadly a reflection of the community of gamers and not at all representative of the quality of this title
  20. Oct 27, 2017
    Great gunplay, great performance, great story. What more can you want in a shooter? Really enjoying it so far. The alternate history is cool, and the characters are interesting. Definitely recommend buying.
  21. Oct 27, 2017
    I’m going to start by saying that I have never played a Wolfstein game before. All developers should look at Wolfstein 2: the new colossus, admire and try to mimic the amount of optimisation that went into this title. The game runs smooth as butter on my 980 ti 4790k, unlike many big budget PC games.
    The story is great, way above your average evil vs good storyline. Controls are fine, gameplay in general feels balanced, nothing bad to say here. I think this one is a winner for me!
  22. Dec 15, 2018
    Отличная игра. Приятная графика, тонкий юмор, хардкорный геймплей. Единственная серия игр, которую я перепроходил без чувства скуки.
  23. Oct 5, 2018
    A nova sequência cumpre lindamente seu papel e é um dos maiores FPS dos últimos anos. Traz uma experiência única mesmo usando os modelos anteriores da franquia, e merece ser jogado por todos os amantes do gênero.
  24. Oct 27, 2018
    voto 82/100.
    Grafica e gameplay a mio parere molto superiori al primo.
    Storia non allo stesso livello.
    Resta un ottimo gioco, molto coinvolgente e gratificante.
  25. Dec 9, 2018
    An amazing and thrilling experience crippled by technical issues and bad optimization.

GOOD This game is seriously badass! Weapons feel great! They really pack a punch which makes shooting nazis very very satisfying. I love how slick and smooth movement feels. The graphics are an eye-candy. I spent much of the game just looking at how nicely detailed the enviroment is, especially

GOOD

This game is seriously badass! Weapons feel great! They really pack a punch which makes shooting nazis very very satisfying. I love how slick and smooth movement feels. The graphics are an eye-candy. I spent much of the game just looking at how nicely detailed the enviroment is, especially when exploring Eva's Hammer. The post-war enviroments combined with some very cool soundtracks and sound design make for a great atmosphere which makes just simply moving around in the world a delight.

Another thing I loved is how lovable each character in the story is. Everyone feels really fleshed out, there's great chemistry between the Kreisau members and the voice acting is top-notch! The cinematics between gameplays are great especially during some wonderfully done comedic moments.

BAD

Wolfenstein II is very badly optimized and extremely demanding. Even though I have more powerful hardware than the recommended requirements I still had to lower Image Streaming down 2 levels to High and Shadow Quality down 1 level to Ultra. Even then I still had some very noticeable FPS drops in certain expansive areas. I had just upgraded my PC specifically so I could play this game on max, so this was very disappointing.

Furthermore, for a game that gives you the power to be a hardcore killing machine it gives you very little opportunities to fully unleash your fury and shoot and destroy to your heart's content. In quite a few action sequences I was like "yeaah finally let's shoot some nazis bang bang die die!" and 20 seconds later everyone is dead. I mean, the action was still satisfying, but I felt like much more could have been done by letting you go on an insane killing spree every once in a while.
  26. May 19, 2018
    After playing the brilliant Wolfenstein New Order and solid (if not equally good) Old Blood, I was really looking forward to New Colossus. I was fairly sure it will be my GOTY.
    However, I am extremely disappointed - the writing is plain bad, the humor and humanity so present in the first game vanished and were replaced by unfunny jokes by unlikeable characters. The impact and authentic emotions portrayed in New Order are just not there, it feels forced and is so badly written that the only thing missing are full-on fart jokes.

And then there's the gameplay. The level design here is abysmal. You frequently have no idea what to do or how to get there. You're stopped by invisible walls, ledges that can't be jumped on for no apparent reason, vague objectives. The combat feels worse than in the previous game. All in all, this is a much, much worse game than the stellar Wolfenstein New Order. Avoid.
  27. Mar 20, 2018
    Almost everything about this game felt awfully bad... The plot was simply atrocious. The whole story was boring, the whole thing with BJ's childhood was totally off topic and badly executed and so were the other characters- very bad development. What I hated most was the environment. Wherever you went it was all about ruins and hangars. The other chapters were interesting to explore whileAlmost everything about this game felt awfully bad... The plot was simply atrocious. The whole story was boring, the whole thing with BJ's childhood was totally off topic and badly executed and so were the other characters- very bad development. What I hated most was the environment. Wherever you went it was all about ruins and hangars. The other chapters were interesting to explore while in The New Colossus I was eager to finish the level as quickly as possible.
    The humor was awful, not to mention the political thematic and the racism that were leading throughout the whole game.
    The different weapons dual wielding wasn't a bad idea but it was terribly executed.
    Side missions- beyond terrible.
    Somebody should' ve put a mini map or some signs in the submarine, because I spent nearly half an hour to find where the bloody aircrafts are...
    Collectibles were basically impossible to spot, I guess the idea of the collectibles are to be more or less highlighted so when you get your eye on them, to know that is a collectible and just a common object.
    The only good thing about the game was the music, especially while in combat.
    I hope that Bethesda will read some user reviews and the next game will be better done, because overall The New Colossus is nothing more than a catastrophe.
  28. Mar 25, 2018
    Most of the game feels relatively similar to the previous installment, which isn't bad because the previous game was quite fun. The game also runs very well on my moderate system.

The problem here is the story... You don't feel like you are actually playing as BJ, you don't get that same sense of baddassery, even worse you eventually run into a racist black lady who spends most of the game being racist towards white people, mostly males. Instead of the protagonist shutting down the racist remarks he actually joins in.. When killing Nazis isn't quite enough, it has to be killing WHITE Nazis.
  29. Jun 21, 2018
    Buggy and non-enjoyable mess. Wolfenstein: New Colossus pushes progressive real-world political propaganda in its plot way too hard and way too much. For example the part were a clown version of Hitler shoots a character which looks and behaves like Ronald Reagan was distasteful in my opinion. The game is patronizing towards gamer and underestimates intelligence of its audience. This isn'tBuggy and non-enjoyable mess. Wolfenstein: New Colossus pushes progressive real-world political propaganda in its plot way too hard and way too much. For example the part were a clown version of Hitler shoots a character which looks and behaves like Ronald Reagan was distasteful in my opinion. The game is patronizing towards gamer and underestimates intelligence of its audience. This isn't an entertaining game. However it's visually impressive and audio is decent with some interesting music. Level design isn't bad but it isn't good either. I cannot recommend this to anyone except hardcore fans of the Wolfenstein: New Order and far-left game journalists of Polygon, Kotaku and alike. Expand
  30. Jun 22, 2018
    PROBABLY THE WORST SHOOTER I HAVE ENCOUNTERED THIS YEAR. I liked Wolfenstein New Order and did not mind the Old Blood spin off either. Both had decent stories and enjoyable balanced game play. Then along came the New Colossus. Its well named because in my opinion this is a colossal mess, in every sense.

Lets start with the game play. Most of the weapons that worked so well in the other games are missing much of the up-gradable aspects that made them fun to use and more importantly effective against waves of enemies. By contrast the latest game might as well have armed you with a spoon and a blunt bread knife. The result of under-powered weapons is an exhausting corner shooter where if you are lucky you can use a choke point to pick off opponents one or two at a time. If not be prepared to die again and again even on lower difficulty settings. The balance on hit points to armour and health seems horribly skewed in favour of your opponents too. Just to make a frustrating un-enjoyable experience even more so.

Putting aside the crummy game play is an equally crummy story that makes no sense in the context of the past game stories, holding together about as well as a Chinese Rolex. Unlikable key characters don't help either nor does a overdose of political correctness with a dash of misandry. Being a white male, who of course no doubt makes up the majority of players, is seemingly, not such a good thing if this nonsense is to be believed. A Gone with the Wind long string of pointless video cuts scenes does not help things along either.

Lastly to top off this crap sandwich there's the bugs. I could not get this game to run on my high end gaming rigs native resolution of 1920 x 1080 and instead had to apply a setting I have not used in many years. I also had to tone down the high end textures and graphics I paid handsomely for, for no obvious reason.

Is there any upside? Well the graphics, even on lower settings, are nice and the level design creative and interesting.

Regrettably that's all I find to like here. I have played games since Space Invaders days and I know the gaming world inside out. For me this title epitomizes what poor game design looks like which is inexplicable as the previous games in the series whilst not show stopping, were least playable and enjoyable.
  31. Jun 23, 2018
    Most disappointing game for me in a long time. I read some of the mixed reviews but still figured I would love the game considering how much I liked New Order and the political issues don't bother me at all. However, it's all the gameplay changes that in my opinion are for the worse that has resulted in me not having much fun with the game. The combat and shooting feels off, the newMost disappointing game for me in a long time. I read some of the mixed reviews but still figured I would love the game considering how much I liked New Order and the political issues don't bother me at all. However, it's all the gameplay changes that in my opinion are for the worse that has resulted in me not having much fun with the game. The combat and shooting feels off, the new perk system isn't nearly as fun it feels more grindy, not being able to replay levels sucks since I loved doing that to find missed items in the first one, can't even press M to open the map have to maneuver through the cumbersom awful menu screen (another negative it's so cumbersome this time), mission objectives don't list the story unless you press enter on each one every single time, sound effects are awful grenades sound like fire crackers and hitting something with a metal axe sounds like dinging something with a butter knife and there are tons of graphical glitches I've found so far. Above all this - IT JUST ISN'T FUN! All of the things I've listed so far are annoyances or little things, but above all of that I'm just not having fun playing it. I also detest the mein leben achievement considering how buggy the game is and having to do it all in one sitting - it's just stupid. Overall I'm shocked at how much worse this game is than New Order, but that's just me. Expand
  32. Aug 10, 2018
    Okay, I refunded this game. Not because of the gameplay, graphics or technical problems. I'm just so sick and tired of naive politics on popular games. These should be fun and not far left or right propaganda pieces
  33. Jan 15, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I give it a 3/10 for sheer visual effort most of which is taken care of by id's engine anyway. The game is insanely short, just when it starts to get going -- it ends. I felt like I was watching a bad movie with an okay FPS shooter sprinkled around it. There are massive gameplay flaws relating to ammo and overall direction in the game that will leave you tearing your hair out at how frustrating some points can be. I never felt Wolfenstein needed a more fleshed out story but here we are I guess -- and how does that story pan out? Terribly. The main villain is defeated unceremoniously by an FMV sequence and the game ends. Such a cop out honestly. Expand
  34. Jul 6, 2018
    ı played other 2 games and loved them but this is really sucks. graphics was really good, gameplay was good too and my fps was upper than 60+, but the new characters are really **** Story is written by child like ; lets not be racist, lets defend freedom. In conclution, story was really ****
  35. Aug 15, 2018
    Idiotic story, basically an Antifa recruiting tool, will never buy anything from these devs again.
  36. Dec 3, 2017
    The 30 minute video intro aside (I'm exaggerating slightly), the 15 minutes game play was curtailed by the dreaded online connection error 03 at the weepie wife cutscene...didn't even manage to get out of the wheelchair. If Bethesda are determined to tank their reputation they're going the right way about it by releasing poor, bug-riddled sequels (yes Dishonored 2, I'm looking at you),The 30 minute video intro aside (I'm exaggerating slightly), the 15 minutes game play was curtailed by the dreaded online connection error 03 at the weepie wife cutscene...didn't even manage to get out of the wheelchair. If Bethesda are determined to tank their reputation they're going the right way about it by releasing poor, bug-riddled sequels (yes Dishonored 2, I'm looking at you), but this is about the worst I've experienced since STALKER: Clear Skies and look what happened to GSC. Expand
  37. Feb 10, 2018
    Just Meh. The game was OK at best until poor coding kept crashing it and preventing toggling. and the HW requirements are insane for 21:9 Now a lot of users can't even play it with crash write errors without starting all over. No support, can't play and just a lame linear game overall. Avoid.
  38. Jan 12, 2018
    It's a mediocre game, but what it boils down to is that they tried to force politics down your throat. What a shame, another series bites the dust due to societal pressure...
  39. Nov 23, 2017
    Couldnt bring myself to finish the game, it got way to political, I like killing nazi's as much as the next guy, but I feel it was too cringey at times, and was obviously talking about the "nazi's" present in America right now. I tried my best to ignore the political message, but it was too hard at times.
  40. Jan 13, 2018
    Lacking gameplay and too many cutscenes = no fun. Apparently cutscenes are easier to produce than exciting gameplay. The graphics are good but the game is too linear. It's like 'playing' a movie. Difficulty settings aren't scaled very well. Shooting someone in the head 10 times is a bit overkill for "easy". And the Nazi bashing gets old very quickly, We get it - Nazi's are bad. You knowLacking gameplay and too many cutscenes = no fun. Apparently cutscenes are easier to produce than exciting gameplay. The graphics are good but the game is too linear. It's like 'playing' a movie. Difficulty settings aren't scaled very well. Shooting someone in the head 10 times is a bit overkill for "easy". And the Nazi bashing gets old very quickly, We get it - Nazi's are bad. You know what else is bad, this game.

After reciting some lines back to Hitler and then trying to look for a mechanical arm (I think these parts were supposed to be funny), I gave up on Wolfenstein II. It gets a 4 for an optimized engine using Vulkan, that's it.
  41. Mar 13, 2018
    That is exactly what is wrong with the corporations - creating stuff for all the wrong reasons. Although "The New Order" was absolutely great and gorgeous old-school fanciness, this one can't be further from it. Here you go:
    - the voice acting is just short of vomit inducing
    - this whole mess seems almost like a randomly generated story - the environment is so uninspired - it's a pity
    - the voice acting is just short of vomit inducing
    - this whole mess seems almost like a randomly generated story
    - the environment is so uninspired - it's a pity that it does look... well, quite pretty
    - the game-play feels so normal and it is so far from addictive that it's hard to believe this is even possible
    - it's the perfect example of a brutally mediocre game in a skin of a great title
    This is all fine by me, but I can't help to wonder, how in the hell most of the youtube reviewers seem to have liked it? Are those corporations playing it backwards again?
  42. Jan 14, 2019
    LOVED the first one! HATED the second simply because of the story - lets make it as politically correct as possible! That's not what the first one was about and it has completely RUINED the second one
  43. Nov 9, 2017
    Shooting is still fun, but plot... o my fckn god, this is sooo stupid. Graphics? Good, but not brillant. We only have tunel-like maps....

I'm really disappointed
  44. Nov 16, 2017
    have played the new order half a dozen times and will probably go a few more. but i struggled to get through new colussus even once.

gameplay/story very much like new order. probably a bit too much. think a new hope vs the force awakens. felt a bit tired in that regard and didn't have the awesome soundtrack new order had. but the biggest problem is cut-scenes. way too many that can't

but the biggest problem is cut-scenes. way too many that can't be skipped through.

another problem is politics. the inclusion of bj's father. the stereotypical boogie man of the click bait press: straight white male, wife beater, anti-semite, racist anti black, complaining about the plight of the straight white male.

and last 2 of the most bizarre scenes i've ever seen in a game. 1st is the pissing/vomiting hitler. 2nd is anya pregnant and topless in the trenches with bj near the finale.
  45. Dec 13, 2017
    Pros:
    +It's pretty.
    Cons: -Level design is atrocious; the levels are like someone chucked spaghetti into the map editor and shipped it. There will be situations where I have to hunt for minutes to find the way forward, and even scenarios where I can hear the enemies running and shouting but cannot find them. I can't emphasize how bad the level design is; this game feels like an
    Pros:
    +It's pretty.

Cons:
    -Level design is atrocious; the levels are like someone chucked spaghetti into the map editor and shipped it. There will be situations where I have to hunt for minutes to find the way forward, and even scenarios where I can hear the enemies running and shouting but cannot find them. I can't emphasize how bad the level design is; this game feels like an expensive chore.
    -The default enemy encounter involves a bunch of soldiers/robots/dogs and a commander who can trigger endlessly spawning enemies. But ANY enemy spotting you triggers the alarm, even if said commander is sixteen rooms over. So you can either attempt stealth or dash for the commander and pray that enough shots miss you that you don't have to reload. Sadly, stealth in this game is not functional or fun. So grab that rosary and get ready to reload often!
    -You can double-fist any weapon in the game, but the interface for switching weapons is BEYOND AWFUL. Let's say that you're dual wielding silenced pistols and see an enemy that requires more firepower. Switching to your machine guns should be fluid, right? WRONG! You select the machine gun, but that leaves you with one machine gun and one pistol. So you press the machine gun key again, and you put away the pistol and fold out the stock on one machine gun. The THIRD press finally allows you to dual wield machine guns. But each of these transitions takes several seconds, and this is not a game where enemies will give you a chance to leisurely swap out weapons for ten seconds every time.
    -I'm not sure if it's the weapons bob, but movement in this game feels off and is slightly unsettling to my brain.
    -Plot and characters is really stupid. You're basically taking on all of occupied America with about twelve people, including old men and pregnant women.
    -The tone of the game is schizophrenic. You spend half the time moaning about dead friends and a broken body and the other half mowing down legions of Nazis with ease.

Skip this game and play Doom 2016 again. As a Wolf:TNO fan I literally registered on Metacritic just to warn people off this game.
  46. Jan 17, 2018
    This game is bad. Yes, the graphics have been improved from The New Order and The Old Blood, and yes, the mechanics have been refined to what can honestly be considered perfection. The problem is, however, everything else. Gunplay feels great, but the guns themselves have no real variety or character, unlike before. Characters are hard to really care for, unlike before. Presentation isThis game is bad. Yes, the graphics have been improved from The New Order and The Old Blood, and yes, the mechanics have been refined to what can honestly be considered perfection. The problem is, however, everything else. Gunplay feels great, but the guns themselves have no real variety or character, unlike before. Characters are hard to really care for, unlike before. Presentation is sort of... boring, unlike before. The story is also rather drab and uninteresting, unlike before. I never thought it would be boring to kill nazis, but this game proved me wrong. Expand
  47. Jul 8, 2018
    A slow and boring oddly paced sequel to the great game that was New Order. Also unacceptably buggy on the PC.
  48. ABR
    Jul 9, 2018
    This story is really pointless, it's just sequel for the sequel. The New Order has brilliant and dramatic ending. This game ruins everything, makes story full of ha-ha, politics.

Game has 5 minutes (at least) cutscenes and non-immersive gameplay. If you starting to feel you like this game, cutscene happens. If you starting to feel you like the story of BJ, Grace Walker happens. This character is like a walking template. If you starting to feel drama, ha-ha happens.

If you starting to like wolfenstein series, WOLFENSTEIN II: THE NEW COLOSSUS happens.

3 for mission on the venus and birthday party.
  49. Aug 17, 2018
    WTF is going on in the story... I'm just... I just... WHy? is this FUN??!? WHY!?!?!?

Save your money.
  50. Jan 17, 2018
    This game is completely waste of money. Made probably by team of feminist that were trying to push their **** agenda and that fu**ed up immersion. Bethesda, im not gonna buy your games anymore.
  51. Dec 2, 2017
    Not a great follow up game. First game was really made you wanting more and was in a great tempo from start to finish. But this game, funny moments here and there but nothing new, when you finished you ask yourself "why even?".
  52. Aug 28, 2018
    I'd like to enjoy this game but frankly the bad performance, sheer lack of decent level design, and unfun gameplay just make it impossible to play. It's a shame because it has potential (Who in this modern day doesn't want to kill nazis and klansmen?) but they seriously need to hire at least one person who actually knows anything about game design and engine design before it could possiblyI'd like to enjoy this game but frankly the bad performance, sheer lack of decent level design, and unfun gameplay just make it impossible to play. It's a shame because it has potential (Who in this modern day doesn't want to kill nazis and klansmen?) but they seriously need to hire at least one person who actually knows anything about game design and engine design before it could possibly get there. Expand
  53. Dec 7, 2018
    technical complaints, bugs, freezes, crashes, screen tearing, no proper Vsync, jarring drops in fps, can't launch game (cannot write dump error)
  54. Dec 18, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Oh boy. I dont know where to start... Well, first off lets just get the good things out of the way.
    The game was stable for me and ran very well with a mid-range PC. Probably due to all the patches since release.
    The graphics are pretty good and sometimes I was really impressed, like when a light source behind a characters ears made them light up red, like in real life. You can kill over the top bad Nazis.
    Yeeeaaahhh.... Well, thats about it.
    Now the bad.

Ill get straight to the point: This game is proud to be a game made for racists, while claiming to be anti-racist (Nazi killing DUH!). It displays racist mentality and ideology all the time and sees it as good and even funny. But only against whites - and BJ agrees. The whole game is a complete and utter propaganda piece for modern neofascists. A few examples:

Socialism/Antifa:
    Communists are the good guys. Forget history. Communists are the good guys now. Even though much more people died under Communism than under Nazism and held millions hostage for many decades. Who cares! They are our friends now and are displayed as funny and relatable, and contrary to real history, they didnt hook up with the Nazis instead (yes thats what German communists and socialists did, they were even in the SA - the vast majority of the SA)! Sure sure.
    Yet somehow they display them in the right light by accident. They fool stupid BJ easily when he meets them for the first time, like the liars and hypocrites they were in history.
    In the end credits you see resistance fighting, which almost exactly look like Antifa with "Rise" displayed and "Were Not Gonna Take It" playing in the background. Can you be even more obvious?

Feminism:
    BJs girlfriend is displayed as a complete uber-woman, saving his life all the time, while being in the last few weeks of pregnancy. One scene is so ridiculous and obscene that I even fear this gets censored when I type it out. Lets just say it involves her saving BJ again, ripping off her clothes and then letting out a Rambo-yell while killing dozens of Nazis and getting showered completely in Nazi blood while grinning like a lunatic. Yes, you see it all.
    Also 70-80% of the resistance is female. A whole submarine with 80% women.
    The biggest racist is a woman too, btw. Shes more racist than the actual daughter of one of the worst Nazis depicted.
    Men are generally displayed as doofuses and **** Even the black ones.

To make this all a little more logical: I have recently seen an interview with Bill Whittle on Youtube called "The Left Killed Star Wars". He explains in great detail how the left is doing propaganda and using old well known IPs to rewrite history (even in culture) and use it for their propaganda. This game falls perfectly into his prediction. It is exactly done like he explains. For example he says how they mostly do prequels to rewrite the story to their liking, ignoring what happened before or how characters were before, even if it completely contradicts the original lore.
    This game has a lot of sequences where BJs history is explained, and they do exactly what Whittle describes. Its amazing and disgusting at the same time.

Well, this is a game, so lets also talk about the gameplay:
    Its boring and bland. The weapons are boring (you end up using the same 1 or 2 all the time and they dont even sound powerful), the difficulty of the game is just sheer numbers of enemies coming from all sides and you not being able to get into a well defendable position quickly enough. But if you play smart and always have enough ammo (which is easy), even the biggest enemies are a laugh and cant even hit you once before you kill them. You just sit back and let the enemies come to you and pick them off one by one. Yeah. Very thrilling...
    The maps are completely streamlined. Some rooms have several ways to enter (stealthy and ramboey), but its still straight forward.
    I only kept playing because the game made my jaw drop to the floor the whole time because of the blatant and extreme propaganda and I wanted to see if they can top it even more (and yes, till the end it gets worse and worse). I have honestly not seen such blatant propaganda anymore since I was in school and got taught about the horrible things Nazis and Soviets did and how they fooled their own people to believe their lies, made up their own "science".

So all in all this games only purpose was very obviously the propaganda. The story is ridiculous and boring. The gameplay was the worst of them all. Even playing the old Wolfenstein 3D was more fun. Yes, I played every single part since the first one. I loved the series. Until now.

My prediction for the next game: The twins of BJ will fight against more Nazis and they will be women, lesbian and/or transsexual while wearing communist symbols.
  55. Sep 14, 2018
    Could have been great, until they decided that killing Nazis wasn't enough and had to inject SJW nonsense into the game.
  56. Jan 29, 2018
    Politics helped ruin this game. Don't get me wrong, can't get too upset about killing Nazis, but this game absolutely revels in it, so much so that its a big disgusting. It seems like this was just put out to push a narrative.

The sad thing is its not just politics that makes this game weak. Its far too short. Game play is boring, and weapons are super bland. I would suggest skipping this title.
  57. Dec 2, 2017
    A game with much potential, but ultimately fails to deliver. The visuals are beautiful, but you are constantly relegated to tunnels and alleyways. You almost never get an opportunity to experience them.

Gameplay is repetitive and frustrating. The difficulty of the game doesn't stem from problem solving and some kind of skill cap, it stems from poor level design, enemies that constantly appear out of thin air behind you, and playing a character that seems to be wearing paper for armor.

The story is cliche, but ok. My issue is that well over half the bloody game is wound up in long cutscenes or wandering around a horribly confusing U-boat doing errand missions.

The fights are frustrating as you are constantly running around looking at the floor pounding the pick up key to grab armor shards and what not... you hardly get to spend any time actually shooting.

As mentioned before, the level design is really piss-poor and horrifically un-intuitive. Half of the missions have you crawling through endless vent shafts or cloned hallways trying to find some obscure room or button. It's really not that fun.

All in all, a game that carried so much potential, but ultimately fails to deliver.
  58. Feb 16, 2018
    Game looks great. The constant searching around for ammo and the head bobbing really ruins the entire thing for me. I can play 2 minutes of it before I get nauseous. All the fixes for this keep getting erased by the developer. Just add the option in the graphics. Completely unplayable.
  59. Nov 9, 2017
    Just as good as predecessors, story-wise, better graphics, excellent sounds. The New Order was probably a bit better.

-1 for too much Social Justice Warrior politics, even though its understandable during the current trend and the subject matter. No need to make it so ham-fisted, it undermines the character of BJ, and is space that could be filled with so much more, such as better historical extrapolation about a Nazi America, more regional characters (surfers, ranchers, latinos, mobsters...) and its just such a tiring trend at this point, besides.

Machine Games is one of the best boutique studios out there.
  60. Nov 6, 2017
    The story and the overall mood felt quite disjointed and inconsistent in this one. It's like they wanted to go with emotional melodrama at first with BJ's constant ♥♥♥♥♥ing and complaining, the depressing childhood abuse scenes etc. but then at some point they changed their minds and went full crazy with some utterly absurd but hilarious levels and set pieces.

I thought the crazy bits

I thought the crazy bits were genuniely creative and well done, but the "serious" bits were very superficial, boring and drawn out. The characters, although plentiful, were one-dimensional and I didn't really care about any of them.

The game itself is a lot of fun. Visually it looks great and runs very well, the controls feel good and the shooting is satisfying. Given the crazy unrealistic setting the enemies could have been a bit more diverse, particularly in terms of strategy, but they're still quite fun. The stealth mechanic is very questionable but luckily not forced.

7/10 for the story (5/10 for the "serious" parts and 9/10 for the crazy parts)
    9/10 for presentation
    8/10 for gameplay
  61. Jan 29, 2018
    No configurability (no option to hold-to-crouch!), poor pacing, preachy, BJ is a big baby, cheezy dialog, and the levels all look the same. Need I say more?

This game was not meant for people who want a hardcore PC FPS experience and a complex, thoughtful story with characters that don't spew the average SJ claptrap. Also, take a look at the menu -- clearly this game was rushed and

Also, take a look at the menu -- clearly this game was rushed and does not have the same heart as the original...
  62. Nov 16, 2017
    This is just a mediocre fps with a big flaw story and characters. Story is pure political and anti white SJW propaganda that should never be in any game. Also saving world from Nazis who used atomic bombs is pure irony because they were not the ones that have used nuclear weapons to end World War 2.
  63. Dec 22, 2017
    I enjoyed previous Wolfensteins and Doom but this game is just not fun at all. Frustrating gameplay, poor level design, broken difficulty. The game just doesn't know if it wants to be stealth or all guns blazing - does neither well. Great music and graphics but the game doesn't have a backbone. Avoid
  64. Nov 2, 2017
    Very good game that keeps to it's roots. The graphics are great and what is the most fun is that this is a true first person shooter I've played since the last wolfenstein came out.
    The story is good, the animations, script, gameplay is great. There is a slight sjw element in this but thank god it's not overbearing.
    Best of all, no microtransactions, no lootboxes and no bs. Just a FPS
    Best of all, no microtransactions, no lootboxes and no bs. Just a FPS that allows you to mow down nazis.
    I also love the heavy metal / rock music that plays throughout the game. The credits are great, I know it's weird I'm praising credits but the music mix is great at the end.
    Also I had zero performance issues or sound issues as everyone mentions. I think it's people just looking for reasons to **** on this game.
  65. Nov 18, 2017
    while The New Order was new and fresh, and actually was a true "Wolfenstein" game, this one is nothing of the sorts.

The first and foremost problem that comes into my mind is: STEALTH SECTIONS!!! are you crazy?? Stealth in a wolfenstein game???? If I wanted to play Thief, I would play Thief, not Wolfenstein! This game should be all about cartoonish action (like The New Order was), over the top and crazy guns.
    Instead here you're forced through endless stealth section, poorly executed, killing enemies with your axe. It's just stupid.

Of course stealth sections were added to hide the fact that this game is 4-5 hours in length without them, it's a cheap gameplay tactic when you have no idea what to do, so you just thrown in lengthy stealth sections that will stretch the gameplay a few hours and call it a day.

The next issue falls in the "Alien: Colonial Marines" (or No Man's Sky..) category: THIS GAME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WAS SHOWN AT E3!!! It's impressive that no one noticed that! They clearly rushed an unpolished and unfinished game, just to cash in on the success of previous Wolfenstein entries, without spending too much money on development. The games feels unfinished and released "as-is". There's nothing here of what was shown during the presentation.

On the technical side, I was not expecting much, the idTech engine used here is old and it shows, but that's rarely an issue with me, I don't care much about graphics.

Yes the game is very politicized and it has all the "pc" cliches, but that's a cheap trick to get high reviews today, don't fall for it. You make a bad movie/game, you throw in a woman/black/whatever hero and boom, you get 10/10. Same that happened with Star Trek: Discovery. But we should review the game here, not the politics, so I'm not commenting on it. And it should not cloud your judgement in anyway. In the end, Bethesda has to sell, like every company. And to sell you need to follow trends. Today "politically correct" is a trend, a sort of "product" to sell, and you have to exploit it if you want to survive. Then it's up to you making a good or bad product with it.

I had no technical issues of the sort, no freezes, no crashes, nothing. But this does not change the fact that the game is as bad as it can be.

Don't buy this game at full price, what until it drops to something like 29 or 39.
  66. Nov 8, 2017
    Graphics: 5/10
    Story: 4/10
    Sound: 6/10 Gameplay: 2/10 Fun Factor: 0/10 I normally wouldn't bother writing a review but I'm writing one for this game to counter what I feel is undue praise heaped on a sub-mediocre game. There is absolutely nothing remarkable about this game, well at least nothing remarkably good(plenty of remarkably bad elements) First the minor but numerous
    Graphics: 5/10
    Story: 4/10
    Sound: 6/10
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Fun Factor: 0/10

I normally wouldn't bother writing a review but I'm writing one for this game to counter what I feel is undue praise heaped on a sub-mediocre game. There is absolutely nothing remarkable about this game, well at least nothing remarkably good(plenty of remarkably bad elements) First the minor but numerous problems: the graphics are sub-mediocre(would have been nice 8 years ago I suppose), the gun design is uninspired, the character design is generic, and the story is just sloppy. Taken together these minor flaws are enough to ruin any otherwise potentially good game however they are not the main problem with this FPS. The main problem I have with this game is that the controls are terrible. Swimming is ridiculously stupid, you feel like you're swimming through some extremely odd viscous fluid and you can only hold your breath for about 20s before you start taking damage. Beyond that traversing the world is made artificially difficult. You will often find yourself in position where any normal human being would jump a half a foot up, grab a railing and climb over it. In this game however such feats of common dexterity are made impossible resulting in janky puzzles you have to solve when you really just want to vault the f'ing railing. I find this type of gameplay/level design inexcusably amateur.
  67. Nov 9, 2017
    The best mission I think is flying to a Venus when we first see Hitler and that Hitler! Very well depicted his old age and crazy) Okay, let's get down to the game itself - wetting the fascists was super fun! Very convenient operation, the graphics are excellent! But a lot of whining from Blaskovitz for this 9 and not 10 I put this game!
  68. Nov 14, 2017
    Best story shooter in 2017! Loved it from the beginning! I don't know what issues other have with the performance, but on my GeForce 670 it works perfectly. And I also don't see problem with the politics in this game. Politics are in new COD WOW, when they tell you that only americans won WOW II alone. The dumbest COD. This Wolfenstein is about fun and I really liked it. I don't play andBest story shooter in 2017! Loved it from the beginning! I don't know what issues other have with the performance, but on my GeForce 670 it works perfectly. And I also don't see problem with the politics in this game. Politics are in new COD WOW, when they tell you that only americans won WOW II alone. The dumbest COD. This Wolfenstein is about fun and I really liked it. I don't play and don't like multiplayer games at all and if so many people will bullish good single games - in 5 years there will be only dumb multiplayer games. Expand
  69. Nov 30, 2017
    Just amazing, had no issues.
    .........................................................................................................................
  70. Dec 2, 2017
    Good, deep a lot of character. Strong story and cutscenes. Beautiful graphics. Overall really high quality top class game. But gameplay lacks. So its not completely perfect but its worth playing, experiencing. Top class games are rare.
  71. Dec 5, 2017
    Some people here are taking this game way too serious... i found it a little repetitive but good and fun its like wolfenstein the new colossus was directed by Quentin Tarantino with lots of blood weird dialogue and situations if you played any previous wolfenstein you will probably enjoy this
  72. Apr 3, 2018
    i played 40 hours. the game is nice, but for me now, a like only open world games
  73. Oct 30, 2017
    What a piece of **** The sound glitches every three seconds. rendering the thing unplayable. How can they release a triple A title in such a state? Massive disappointment is all I have experienced, but I've only seen the intro.
  74. Nov 4, 2017
    Absolute garbage. Terrible optimization, more than 50% of the game is cut scenes. No tonal consistency. Its unbelievably short. It is unreal, how much this game is being charged for. I can't recommend this at all. Skip it.
  75. Nov 3, 2017
    I'd give the game a 5 but it tried to kill my pc. Arkham knight at least spared it.
    Even with the nVidia 388.13 driver and having recommended specs, the game has been able to bsod my pc twice during first half of my playthrough and I couldn't even play the rest of the game. After some point all my save files were corrupted and caused bsod on start. Only game able to bsod my 4 year old pc and it has done it about 6 times. Weird texture bugs, some clipping problems are icing on the cake.
    While story and the characters being arguably good and voice acting perfect; in the first half of the game there is a cutscene or level transition for every 10 nazis you kill and it gets very annoying getting murderblocked like that. After every mission you go to hub and get some exposition, which promotes storytelling but diminishes gameplay. If you are expecting constant nazi killing and action, too bad. The storytelling parts are trying to give too many political messages, you'd think the game is made as progressive leftist propoganda material. It would be good if it had diversity and anti racism undertones but in here they tried to fit every issue ever brought up by leftists to this day. The mild wackiness of the previous titles has gone up to eleven and prevents you to take this game a bit more seriously. Hovewer intentionally or not, some moments are going to make you laugh out loud. There are no boss fights, the only thing closest to a boss is the big mechs similar to the previous titles. The ending makes the game feel like it's cut short, like MGSV.
    Gameplay is very similar to the previous titles with some new types of enemies like combat robots. For some reason footsoldiers have more health but armored enemies are weaker. You can upgrade your weapons and later in the game you can get some interesting character upgrades. Gameplay is bloody and fluid, enemies play agressively and will give you a fight but it doesn't mean they are smart.
    Game looks good and yields high performance even on older rigs. The only issue I had with graphics aside from bugs is the contrast, everything is either too bright or too dark. Good for setting a style, but hurts the gameplay.
    Overall, it can be bought a year or two later with DLCs as an actually finished and playable game, I recommend you to avoid it like plague in its current state and price.
  76. Nov 1, 2017
    awfully buggy, shallow and pedantic story. A trite tale told a million times before. How about show some courage and go after real fascists like ISIS? Oh too cowardl;y for that though, go after easy targets that don't punch back because there are like 500 of them in existence. Stunning and brave...
  77. Nov 2, 2017
    I love how they implemented the Wolfenstein Theme into the U.S. and showing off the bigotry of the white supremacy. We get a way more realistic setup and also the characters around us also feel more real then the games before, which felt more like a dumb Duke Nukem vs Nazis, without losing the dark humor Wolfenstein always had
    I am impressed with the map design and the cut scenes.
    I am impressed with the map design and the cut scenes.

Graphic Settings are maxed out and the game runs very smoothly. No crashes or fps drops so far.
    The game is also very light on the CPU
  78. Nov 3, 2017
    Terrible optimization. Freezing constantly. Had to update drivers JUST TO START THE GAME... I have a new high end computer and can only play it on medium settings without freezing/glitching (too much) and then 1 hour into the game... the game crashes and the save file is corrupt.... F@#K you Bethsada... You guys make potentially great games but you dont have s@#t for optimization testing...
  79. Nov 4, 2017
    Lol. So much low spec crying babies. I have 2 years old graphic card and didn't notice any problems, except crashes, which were fixed after drivers updating. This game has great graphics, funny characters and dynamic gameplay, but if you have a **** pc then you'll be frustrated like all these haters.
  80. Nov 7, 2017
    Save your money: this game sucks. It's supposed to be this fast-paced shooter like Doom, but you have to pick up health packs and armor bonuses. No regenerating health (well you do regenerate up to the next 10 health points, whee), so if you don't constantly just keep pressing E all the time, you'll die. Sure, you can usually spot health bonuses and ammo, but when the sh*t hits the fan,Save your money: this game sucks. It's supposed to be this fast-paced shooter like Doom, but you have to pick up health packs and armor bonuses. No regenerating health (well you do regenerate up to the next 10 health points, whee), so if you don't constantly just keep pressing E all the time, you'll die. Sure, you can usually spot health bonuses and ammo, but when the sh*t hits the fan, good luck spotting this easy-to-miss items. So in firefights, you're just running around hitting E all the time.

Sometimes you get stuck on the edges of obstacles that look like you should be able to get around, there's the stupid "hold a button to pick up an item" trope that makes you die when you're trying to unmount a heavy weapon. The controls and gameplay feel slow and sluggish, a horrible fit for this kind of game. There's terrible input latency, which would be fine for a JRPG, but for Wolfenstein or any really fast-paced shooter, this really hurts the quality of the gameplay severely.

The graphics are just okay. They're not bad, but in 2017 in a major-budget action game, I expect a lot more. There's barely even any dynamic lighting. With games like Quantum Break showcasing passable global illumination a couple years ago, there's no excuse why Wolfenstein II shouldn't also be using some sort of GI technique, except that they went with the ID Tech 6 engine when better choices exist. While the graphics in this game won't make your eyeballs bleed, don't expect to have your socks knocked off.

The often slow-paced and frankly boring-as-hell cutscenes really break up the gameplay momentum. Fortunately, you can skip these, and you might as well, since the story is unoriginal, uncreative, and just plain boring. At least the voice acting is good, but with such a boring story, it all goes to waste.

This game is yet another overhyped pile of crap. If this is what people think is a good game, then I fear for the future of the video game industry in general. I hope you like free-to-play Android games, because if Wolfenstein II is any indication of what's considered cutting-edge triple-A material, then it won't be long until people get sick of AAA titles, stop buying them, and nobody makes them anymore.
  81. Nov 5, 2017
    I had a great time with this one and while I normally don't play games for too long in one sitting anymore these days with this one the further I got the longer I had to play with each sitting (just one more sequence, just one more level...).

Very little doubt the story is going to not fit with everyone but there are two things you need to realize when playing: - It's an alternate

- It's an alternate reality
    - It's a friekin' game, enjoy it for what it is and if the cut-scenes and story upset you then good news: most of them can be skipped!

So don't get your panties in a bunch like a lot of others appear to have you'll get:
    - A wonderful game that ran smooth as silk for me. A lot of reviews seem to suggest otherwise so I might just have been lucky (hell I never even bothered updating my graphics drivers lol).
    - Excellent gun-play
    - Weapon customisation and a perk system that rewards your particular play style
    - Some really gorgeous looking levels
    - Decent challenging FPS experience that forces you to react quickly making it an adrenaline fueled delight to work your way through.
  82. Nov 1, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before I could properly play the game, the game itself crashed my graphic drivers. I spent 2 hours, looking how to fix that, and all I had to do was, I just had to turn off motion blur.
    Game itself is meh. Stealth got ruined, if your shot is not well placed and an enemy spots you, that's it, the alarm will go up. Enemies can easily spot you and instantly alarm goes on, stealth mechanics in TNO were way better. You will not be able to complete a level 100% stealth. New guns feel weak, they sound like guns from CoD. Storytelling is kinda ok, but they push leftist agenda over proper storytelling.

The leader of Kreisau circle dies, her place is taken by most unlikable character ever. Grace. MachineGames probably tried to make her look cool and badass, but I hated her, she tries to be a leader, she swears a lot, tells everyone what to do, and it made me cringe so hard. Creators of the game pushed most of that agenda through her (how America is weak and submitted to Nazi's, white people are racist, it's men's fault that Manhattan got nuked, "balls of steel" is a term, that Grace thinks should be more feminine and doesn't like that and the only ones that put up a fight against Nazis are mostly black people, so on and so on). From a zero-f*ck giving Nazi killing machine, Blazkowicz got turned into a little-b*tch, that constantly whines about everything. Internet is full of political correctness and such, I expected to play a game where I can brutally murder Nazi's but instead I got a game, where political correctness, anti-white propaganda is showed down your throat. Soundtracks aren't heavy metal anymore, which pumped me up in TNO, instead it's some loud music, even doing stealth plays. When you f*ck up during stealth in TNO, heavy metal starts playing. But here, the same type of music is playing throughout the level. Heavy enemies, for example supersoldaten are less threatening, and its enough to shoot half a clip of submachine gun into his head to kill him.

During the section where you find out who is sending signals, Supersoldaten that are in Section F are the new type of Supersoldaten, not the old ones. Same goes for the new type of cyber-dogs, that you kill in a sealed off section of the U-Boat, when you try to close a gas leak. You can see how low of an effort was put in.

During the most dangerous missions (for example the New Orleans one), Anya tags along with Fergus (or Wyatt) to help him. Now, what the actual f*ck. The U-boat is FULL OF REBELS, but instead they send Anya, who is pregnant WITH TWINS to fight the war! What about Bombate or many other "fighters"?

Overall, the game is a flop. Storywise it's a huge flop, because it has many plotholes in it, gameplay wise it's a flop too, because the stealth is ruined, guns are weak, enemies are not threatening. MachineGames f*cked up for good, and this shows, that you shouldn't get hyped up for a game. I got stuck at levels, because I didn't know where to go, because there were no proper objective markers. And the most annoying were U-boat intersections, because U-boat is a labyrinth, and you have to navigate your way through it, doing side quests and whatnot.
  83. Nov 7, 2017
    The game play alone is standard action shooter, I'd give it 7/10. It's fun, you get to blow people with big guns or melee. It's gory and exciting. For a while.

So after playing with guns and blowing everything up the game gets repetitive so I decided to play stealth which is more challenging and kind of hard/unreasonable sometimes. The way everybody knows where you are in a second if you get spotted is a bit unreal.

But the real reason what I give it only 3 out of 10 is SJW propaganda. I mean if I'm paying for the game leave the propaganda out of it. It's sad and insulting to expect for people to pay for it.

It's an action game not a propaganda campaign.
    The selection of guns is limited. There are some customizations available but only 3 per gun.
  84. Jan 21, 2018
    Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype...................................................................
    Nah, wait for huge sale, or if you want good FPS, then buy Doom, or even Destiny 2 is better, than this outdated garbage with worst optimization and banal story, yes, I'm not joking Destiny 2's story is a genius thing in compare to that crap, graphics also quite blah, too many effects to hide low quality world and somehow justify bad optimization, whole game feels that made like : **** Off, Eat This and Shut Up!!!.... NO!
  85. Nov 2, 2017
    The most sorry story script line ever. Who ever even wrote this? I can't imagine someone coming up with something like "Hitler comes in, starts puking and pissing his pants coughing all over the room killing actors". What the hell? This guy must be totally insane or utterly stupid. Characters acting is the most dumb **** **** i've ever laid my eyes on. Nazis are shown **** up. RebelsThe most sorry story script line ever. Who ever even wrote this? I can't imagine someone coming up with something like "Hitler comes in, starts puking and pissing his pants coughing all over the room killing actors". What the hell? This guy must be totally insane or utterly stupid. Characters acting is the most dumb **** **** i've ever laid my eyes on. Nazis are shown **** up. Rebels aren't really any better at all. It can be easily interpreted like some story of a guy who was beaten by his daddy trying to prove to all world he's the man. His wife fighting shoulder to shoulder to main character with.... excuse me... Being pregnant. Literally the dumbest **** i've ever had to see. Understand me right gameplay is quite good and reminds me of so called game FEAR. But still this is so stupid, so **** up, so miserable and sorry i can't give this game a good review. Who is this game made for? Hillybillys? Total disappointmet. This game totally wants me to become racist after that **** God i'm so pissed off after that stupidity. Expand
  86. Nov 2, 2017
    One of the worst games when it comes to optimization. Highly unstable with frequent crashes and bugs. Maybe after they fix most of the issues it will be worth something but you should avoid it. Also very schizophrenia story pacing and too many cutscenes.
  87. Nov 7, 2017
    If look on good side in wolfenstein. We can see:
    -> quality fight animation, great grafic, nice setting and cool soundtrek.
    But all of this, unfortunately, ruin by: ->awful plot where drama and stupid jokes make in players the cognitive dissonance, ugly characters a small amount type of enemies, and corridor levels. For me big problem in some characters. I don't know how people can
    If look on good side in wolfenstein. We can see:
    -> quality fight animation, great grafic, nice setting and cool soundtrek.
    But all of this, unfortunately, ruin by:
    For me big problem in some characters.
    I don't know how people can love characters in this game. Look at this.
    -pregnant woman who can killed trained nazis. Yes she can shoot, run, jump and drunk with her big stomach. And nazis who spent much time in war and seized all World can't kill her.
    -womanizer black guy who use women like comfort object.Yes for him women are only body nothing else.
    -fat girl who don't afraid die by Diabetes Mellitus, and she mad pervert. (auć)
    -crazy man who afraid aliens and ready to shoot in his allies.
    -junkie or man who can be kill by his crazy prosthesis hand. Yes they are good fighters too. 9000 killed nazis by facepalm confirm it.
    - and my "favorite character" communist "yea". I was stupid that i thought that communists as nazis. Thousands of killed Poles, Hungarians, Russians, Americans and another nations who "weren't killed" by communists confirm it. Creators in MachineGames says to us "communists are good guys never mind".
    In conclusion i want to say it's very bad that creators use us like stupid sheep who can eat everything. And looks so terrible when people who protect this game, instead of arguments call opponents nazis because they don't like this garbage.
    If you want to play in good Wolfenstain games try to play in Return to Castle Wolfenstein, or Wolfenstein: The New Order. About this game, avoid this thing.
  88. Oct 31, 2017
    This games story is so good I'm up to the part at New Orleans, however this game has some of the worst performance/fps drops/black screen freezing/and graphical issues I have ever seen with a game.

The id tech engine is fantastic though it using Vulkan is a kick-in-the-face to us PC gamers Machine Games should of used Directx11 I have no problems reaching stable 60fps and none of the black screen and graphical bugs I experience with Vulkan I am also using Nvidias latest 388.13

I never buying games on id tech or using OGL/Vulkan ever again I have had these problems with other games using OGL

Sorry Bethesda, either get id n' Machine Games to add Dx11 for their games from now on or I never buy Dx11 gives me much, much better performance and no graphic bugs.

Serious hope for Dx11 patch in few months.
  89. Nov 2, 2017
    id stop using opengl and vulkan in your games, never have I been so disappointed with a PC game with such performance issues. I have Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb driver 388.13.

Never buying games running on id tech again unless they use DirectX 11, none of the DX11 games I go have fps drops i get fps drops in the 40's and artifacting graphics. Sadly I can't do a refund on steam since I got 8

Sadly I can't do a refund on steam since I got 8 hours played so far.

Bethesda and their quality control and letting whoever is incharge of id's engines to have opengl/vulkan should be fired.

Only a few pros I can say about Wolfenstein TNC:

Pros

- No micro-transactions
    - No multi-player
    -All single-player

Here's to hoping we get 10 hour story dlcs.
  90. Nov 24, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has bad graphics, runs like **** on gtx 1060, ryzen r5 1600 overclocked, 8 GB DDR4 3000MHz. Story is **** Gunplay is slow and boring. There isn't a lot of weapons either. Iron sights are useless, since everything is so inaccurate. If you like shooting games, go play DOOM, not this. It isn't even worthy of 30 € price (which it doesn't have) Expand
  91. Jan 9, 2018
    My main gripe is that:
    Gameplay in New Colossus, is more "Take Cover and fire back" than the old-school Run-and-Gun style especially at higher difficulties. The issue is that B.J's Health is limited to 50 for 2/3 part of the game. This makes combat less, "fluid", since you're forced take cover more often.
    Honestly, I just used 2 weapons at most, throughout the entire game: the default
    My main gripe is that:

Honestly, I just used 2 weapons at most, throughout the entire game:
    the default Nazi submachinegun and the Assault rifle. Fully upgrade those two, and you can kill 90% of the enemies in the game.

Story is overblown to becoming downright ridiculous and stupid. It's CRINGEY at most, and many of the characters are annoying, to be honest.
    In fact, there's more cutscenes than actual gameplay.
    I also have this weird feeling that, this game is CONSTANTLY trying to push its SJW agenda onto player's faces? Its kinda irritating.

Since, I'm playing the PC(Steam) version, I suffered several crashes, which forced me to replay missions occasionally. My PC isn't the fastest, but I believe its more than enough to handle this game. (i5-4690K @ 3.5Ghz, RX 580 8GB)

New Colossus is still a GOOD shooter, despite my issues with the game. But New Order, in my humble opinion, was still far, FAR superior than this sequel.

Story & characters: 3/10
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Graphics: 7/10
  92. Nov 2, 2017
    Good story, Action. Interesting people. Common guys you can kill Nazist in that game.I have played on ps4 and on pc. Optimization on ps4 is good. Optimization on pc is 10 assassins creed unity out of 10
  93. Nov 1, 2017
    Iterative, boring, and wholly unnecessary. This installment of the series is roughly as samey and plodding as the original was refreshing and innovative. I had come to enjoy the mini FPS renaissance we've been having in gaming over the last few years with Wolfenstein: The New Order and the revamped DOOM. This game, however, just isn't on par with those titles.

Perhaps then, that's this

Perhaps then, that's this game's purpose. Where the first reboot was very much right place, right time to remind us what made story driven linear FPS's great and why they dominated the gaming scene for so long, then Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus exists to remind us why they fell out of favor so dramatically. Save your money, this one isn't worth the time.

Note: I have no problems with the political controversy surrounding this game. Shooting Nazis is fun and if you find yourself upset with the idea of a brutal Fascist regime being taken apart brick by brick, it says more about you than the media. I will say, however, I believe the developer embraced the controversy as a way to hype a game they knew was deeply mediocre. This game earned it's rating on a wonky story, crummy gunplay, and it's penchant to spawn enemies behind you and in blind spots.
  94. Nov 3, 2017
    Unfortunately the game feels unfinished and lacks the diversity of the New Orders level designs. A lot of the levels are very bland and you find yourself repeating some of these levels, it begins to feel like filler after a while. That's not to say there aren't some great levels here, but not as many as the original. Also the story as crazy as it has always been is absurd in places. To theUnfortunately the game feels unfinished and lacks the diversity of the New Orders level designs. A lot of the levels are very bland and you find yourself repeating some of these levels, it begins to feel like filler after a while. That's not to say there aren't some great levels here, but not as many as the original. Also the story as crazy as it has always been is absurd in places. To the point where it becomes laughable. I enjoyed my time here but it could have been better. You should play this game but not at full price

Overall Wolfenstein 2 is an oK game, but it falls short of the original greatness of the New Order. There are however some great moments of fun to be had.
  95. Nov 5, 2017
    Personally I don't understand why at this game such high ratings and all so eulogize it. It is just ordinary linear shooter. Yes the shooter old school and to shoot in it it gives pleasure. Yes interesting alternative story (but only the concept). But all spoil typical stereotypes about people and the biggest that I hate - tolerance. If you white - you are a Nazi (Russians and Poles willPersonally I don't understand why at this game such high ratings and all so eulogize it. It is just ordinary linear shooter. Yes the shooter old school and to shoot in it it gives pleasure. Yes interesting alternative story (but only the concept). But all spoil typical stereotypes about people and the biggest that I hate - tolerance. If you white - you are a Nazi (Russians and Poles will precisely estimate) if black - you battle for independence of the USA. I also didn't hear bigger nonsense. And why the black aunt fills with everything? Who is she in general such? The ending in general crosses out everything as it is possible to make the plot culmination murder of some cranky Nazi, it is simpler only in games of the Assassin's Creed series.
    PS. To kick the lying Hitler it is invaluable.
  96. Oct 29, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cutscenes. lots of Cutscenes. I was screaming at my monitor by the end of the game, how dare they put those moments in grainy, 30FPS, 720p cutscenes. even a quick time event would have been preferable.
    The gameplay is a little rough. They took TNO's gameplay, and applied sandpaper. Stealth is pointless now, you aren't going to be able to successfully stealth it, yet the game features so heavily on commanders and stealth kills.
    The story is OK. not quite as grasping as the previous games, and quite wishy washy and muddied.
    Back to cutscenes. so many cutscenes. anything important that happens is in a cutscene, and this is a shame. there are many beautiful interactive moments back at the home base, and it is a shame this wasn't expanded to the rest of the game. Of course certain scenes have to be cutscenes, but there were far to many.
    Lets also not forget the "it as only a dream" level. And how there are many obvious open ended plot points (and a few plotholes that only a second playhtouigh may clear up)
    As for the bugs, the game ran very smooth for me on a mid-high PC, but a few issues with mouse pointer popping up, broken level waypoints and the odd texture / mesh glitch. two hard crashes (during cutscenes, now you see why i'm not keen on them!)
    Either way, 15 hours of entertainment, may consider trying to 100% it, don't feel empty, but don't feel full (and i'm someone who very much focuses on 100% games)
    Its not the bombastic power fest that TNO was, but a steadier gentler trudge through the Wolfenstein world.
  97. Nov 6, 2017
    This weekend just past I played 'Wolfenstein II The New Collossus' for more than 10 hours. I am far from finished but even at this stage I can say without doubt that for me personally this may be the best PC video game I have ever played, at least so far. This was unexpected. 'Wolfenstein' is an old franchise. One with a wonderful pedigree for sure but by now I thought that perhaps I hadThis weekend just past I played 'Wolfenstein II The New Collossus' for more than 10 hours. I am far from finished but even at this stage I can say without doubt that for me personally this may be the best PC video game I have ever played, at least so far. This was unexpected. 'Wolfenstein' is an old franchise. One with a wonderful pedigree for sure but by now I thought that perhaps I had tired of shooting nazis and storming wildly imaginative military industrial complexes. I was wrong.

The first thing that surprised me is both the depth of the story line and the emotional nuance of the characters. Our hero B.J. Blazkowicz is introduced us through a series of memories from a childhood that is unpleasant to put it mildly. I really like the back story and how we learn it as a frame to his current attitude. But the story line from there only gets deeper and more involved. I haven't cared this much about a character or story line since Vampire Masquerade all the way back in 2004.

This serves to makes some of the plot changes and 'Game of Thrones' like deaths that much of a shock when they occur. For shocks there are. Be prepared for decapitations and violence on an epic scale. But these are built into the story and game play brilliantly. For this is a thoroughly enjoyable game to play as well as experience. The stealth/melee attacks as as good or better for example as those in 'Far Cry' whilst upgrade able weapons and ranged attacks offer variable options in how to progress levels.

I also really like the way that sometimes when it seems impossible to make progress, for example after many failed attempts to jump to a rescue, I had to finally realize that I really wasn't meant to escape that way. Pausing, rethinking years of standard game play, I found alternatives ways to move forward. This is refreshing and Machine Games deserve kudos for taking a fresh approach.

There is also much humour in the game. I laughed out loud to find one nazi officer in his room with a VR headset on oblivious to the carnage going on around him. Another time you get to over hear an enemy celebrate finding a working toilet. These lighter moments are terrific and add enormously to the games enjoyment. I would not describe the scene with Hitler the same way but it was still amazing. This was the first FPS game where I had to grab a pen and paper to write down and memorize an actors lines. That too made me smile.

If I could ask for more it would have been for more outside, open levels. At one point we come across a parade of nazi soldiers. It would have been enormous fun to wreck havoc with that. All in all this is a wonderful game and for those like myself that may feel the best days of the FPS are over I am pleased to say that this is not so. This game is really terrific.
  98. Nov 1, 2017
    Intresting story with equal parts action, story, humor and grittyness. Doesn't overbear with a ton of guns you don’t need. Straight and to the point the whole way through.
  99. Oct 31, 2017
    Shooting is super tight and feels great, a little slow paced but very satisfying. Gorgeous, great story, lots of dead nazis and salty incels. If you liked Doom or the Wolfenstein reboot you'll like this
  100. Nov 6, 2017
    Had no problems whatsoever playing this game. No technical issues as opposed to other reviewers.
    As for the game itself, well obviously everyone sees in it what they want. I really don't see any threat to white people, or the western civilization or negative/positive discrimination for that matter. There are 2 (two) main characters which are black and 7 (seven) or more main characters which are white. So like wtf people? It goes very well in the settings of occupied U.S. of A. as, surprise surprise, there were (and are) a lot of black people in the country. Deal with it you racist pricks.
    Story is not too complicated but well executed. The cruelty of Frau Engel and her band of morons gave me shiver up my spine. The readable documents nicely contributed to the complexity of the world and pictured the nazi hate to untermenschen and their total lack of care for the lives of non-nazis, which were treated as livestock.
    Gameplay is nicely fast paced and fluent as in the previous games.
    I would give it a 10, but it seems that they focused primarily on the story and forgot to implement boss battles or any remarkable enemies.
    All in all a very good game which could be better if there were bosses or any other notable (and killable) enemy characters other than Frau Engel which you also see like 3 times total.

Also Hitler gave it a zero. That means it cannot be bad ;)

1. CD-Action
    Jan 10, 2018
    Shooter of the year! It plays great, looks spectacular and sounds amazing. What’s more, despite an apparent lack of seriousness it’s not afraid to bring up difficult subjects, mixing comedy and tragedy in a stunning way. It’s a ridiculously good game. [13/2017, p.30]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 2, 2018
    The re-ignited fight against the swastika is great action fun once again. It is a pity that a story is not intriguing enough, and it applies to it: what’s long, is stupid. [Issue#280]
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Dec 30, 2017
    Hopefully, by the time Machine Games starts work on Wolfenstein 3, they will find a writer who understands that fast-paced action does not mix well with protagonist’s constant complaining. [Issue#225, p.52]