8.5

"Ya ready?
    Lets go
    Yeah, i wont hold back

....KOI! "

THANK YOU SEGA AND RYU GA GOTOKU STUDIO!
  2. May 17, 2019
    One of my favorite Japanese game series PC needs more games like this. It's not perfect and the gameplay could had been better but once you start playing it's one of these games that drows you in. The characters, the story, the battles and every little detail in the environments it's a game that was made with care and has a soul of it's own.
  3. May 19, 2019
    I had never heard of the Yakuza series until March 2019 and have since placed Yakuza Kiwami 0, 1 and 2. They've quickly become my favorite series. For 0 and 1, I ignored all of the minigames and side-content; as I was so engaged in the story. For whatever reason, in Yakuza Kiwami 3, I found myself completing all the side-missions and they were also fun. Although, I'd probably ignoreI had never heard of the Yakuza series until March 2019 and have since placed Yakuza Kiwami 0, 1 and 2. They've quickly become my favorite series. For 0 and 1, I ignored all of the minigames and side-content; as I was so engaged in the story. For whatever reason, in Yakuza Kiwami 3, I found myself completing all the side-missions and they were also fun. Although, I'd probably ignore the Majima Construction minigame; unless you want to listen to the song.

SEGA, please release 3, 4, 5 and 6 for the PC.
  4. Jun 21, 2019
    Игра вывозит на аутентичной атмосфере, харизматичных персонажах, прекрасном сюжете и захватывающих сайдквестах. В плане геймплея заметна явна деградация - вместо трех боевых стилей из предыдущих игр, нам оставили лишь один, отчего повторяющаяся комбинация ударов оооочень быстро утомляет. Ах да, обожаю саундтрек, чистое безумие.Игра вывозит на аутентичной атмосфере, харизматичных персонажах, прекрасном сюжете и захватывающих сайдквестах. В плане геймплея заметна явна деградация - вместо трех боевых стилей из предыдущих игр, нам оставили лишь один, отчего повторяющаяся комбинация ударов оооочень быстро утомляет. Ах да, обожаю саундтрек, чистое безумие.
  5. Aug 1, 2019
    Due to some technical issues to the PC that yet to be fixed i cant recommend this game at a full price the story is pretty much like every yakuza story and the mini games are the sames as the previous 2 games.The combat and visuals are improved and are pretty good and i loved the mini games but there are alot of various bugs that ruin the overall experience and i feel like this importDue to some technical issues to the PC that yet to be fixed i cant recommend this game at a full price the story is pretty much like every yakuza story and the mini games are the sames as the previous 2 games.The combat and visuals are improved and are pretty good and i loved the mini games but there are alot of various bugs that ruin the overall experience and i feel like this import was rushed out because of it.I can only recommend this after the bugs are fixed or at a discount price. Expand
  6. Oct 2, 2019
    Another great Yakuza game on the PC.

Kiwami 2 is the first Ryu Ga Gotoku studios game using the new Dragon Engine that we got to try here on the PC and, as such, new small issues have appeared, and I want to start this review commenting a bit on those, and the overall quality of the PC version that QLOC has made. Firstly, this new engine is obviously more advanced, everything looks a
    Another great Yakuza game on the PC.

Firstly, this new engine is obviously more advanced, everything looks a lot better, with more complex shading and lighting, character models also look better, etc. NPC density on the streets of both Kamurocho and Sotenbori is amazing, and overall the game runs quite well if we meet the recommended specs, at least for 1080p all maxxed, minus of course the very taxing Super Sampling.

Now, on the subject of Aliasing, this game is one of the worst in recent times, since the standard FXAA or SMAA barely do anything to make most complex surfaces look smooth, it’s the opposite: lots of the geometry in the game have an insane amount of shimmering and jaggies, even when doing 4K dowmsampling. I’ve read it has to do with lighting effects and other stuff, and it’s on the developers’ side to fix that, if they ever. Not even SSAA at max removes the annoying jaggies and shimmering completely and that’s a shame, because the ports of Yakuza 0 and Kiwami were excellent on this regard, the image looked clear and smooth, and the SSAA worked as intended on those games; granted, it was a different engine, and also a different studio doing the ports (Lab42), but well, it is what it is.

With that out of the way, well holy hell, this game is AMAZING. I still consider Yakuza 0 more complete overall, since the Kiryu/Majima stories are very well developed there, it felt like two games slapped together with a lot of character development for both characters and, for me personally, it was the first contact with the franchise, as I didn’t play the originals and don’t play on consoles.

Kiwami felt a bit lacking to me, but I expected it, being the very first game but with the new engine and some additions. The story was solid, intense but the game was considerably shorter…still a blast to play.

Now, Kiwami 2, it’s like in between those two for me, It’s an excellent game, there’re lots of improvements for sure, especially graphical ones, but I think I enjoyed the combat in the previous two games a bit more, with the style switching and all that. We can still do a lot of what was possible before, now in Kiwami 2, but it’s simpler and more streamlined, which to me is a little bit a step backwards, but nothing off putting, really.

Characters are a forte on this franchise, and Kiwami 2 has very interesting characters, some new, some old, and still quite a lot of character development for some of the oldies, while also introducing us to some new interesting faces that surely will play important roles in the future of the saga.

The scripts are well written, the expressions and animations on the characters are top notch, and it’s obvious that the Ryu Ga Gotoku studio know how to do their stuff.

Performance as I said earlier has been fine on my oldie 4690K and GTX 1070, played capped at 60 FPS and 1080p, all maxxed, minus SSAA, no slowdowns ever, in general pretty smooth.

There have been a couple patches that have ironed out some of the initial launch bugs, and it’s possible that there are still some to come, who knows. The game is fine right now, except the Anti Aliasing issue, so if you can live with that, don’t miss this amazing game and story, it’s another great chapter for this saga.

And of course…mini games, yeah, not much to say there, they’re addicting, some of them still too complex since I’m not familiar with Japanese games, but there sure are a lot of mini games, so we can spend a lot of time enjoying them, doing side quests, etc.

All in all, more Yakuza greatness on the PC, and again I thank SEGA for making it possible to enjoy these games on the PC, and at decent prices too. An amazing publisher, and I hope the trend continues, I’ll keep supporting these good games as much as possible, for sure.

Solid 9/10 and not 10/10 because of small technical quirks related to the Dragon Engine, like its terrible Anti Aliasing...other than that, simply amazing.
  7. Jul 21, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ναι το θέλω την yakuza 2 τίποτα άλλο ευχαριστώ πολύ Expand

1. Jun 18, 2019
    Yakuza Kiwami 2 is a fantastic sequel and a game worthy of the Yakuza title. It improves on almost every aspect of the original, creating a much more immersive version of Kamurocho and deepening the already compelling relationships between the recurring characters. It also has a better villain and more engaging side quests. Yes, there are annoyances, bugs, and some pacing issues with the overall plot, but on the whole, Yakuza Kiwami 2 is a wonderful addition to the Yakuza franchise. I'm already looking forward to my next visit to Kamurocho!
  2. May 20, 2019
    Yakuza Kiwami 2 offers a unique blend that is needed in an industry where the norm otherwise follows a specific template. It does not copy other successful concepts but is instead a fusion of elements that made us love Sega classics like Shenmue, Virtua Fighter and Streets of Rage. And what other game lets you go directly from an arcade, make a stop at a karaoke bar and then on to the top of a skyscraper to fight a yakuza boss and his pet Bengali tigers?
  3. May 16, 2019
    Strong plot, thoughtful characters, rich content, Yakuza Kiwami 2 is undoubtedly one of the games you should play.