- Publisher: Zoink!
- Release Date: Dec 7, 2015
- Also On: PlayStation 4, Xbox One
- Summary: From the creators of Stick It to The Man! comes a new one to four-player co-op stab-you-in-the-gut-a-thon. Embark on an adventure with the Zombie Vikings. A putrid posse sent on a mission through the most epic of worlds to retrieve Odins lost eye. Play as the most fearsome Vikings everFrom the creators of Stick It to The Man! comes a new one to four-player co-op stab-you-in-the-gut-a-thon. Embark on an adventure with the Zombie Vikings. A putrid posse sent on a mission through the most epic of worlds to retrieve Odins lost eye. Play as the most fearsome Vikings ever raised from Norse soil - Gunborg, Seagurd, Hedgy and Caw-kaa. Hack through the gingerbread swamps of Molgaga. Cruise through the intestines of the Midgaard Serpent. Fight giant poultry.… Expand
- Developer: Zoink!
- Genre(s): Action, Beat-'Em-Up, 2D
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 4 out of 5
Mixed: 1 out of 5
Negative: 0 out of 5
Jan 11, 2016Zombie Vikings is an experience that would've been better if the bugs had been cleaned up and there were more meat to the gameplay.
Dec 8, 2015Zombie Vikings is a solid title for those who love the core concepts that power it and have good memories of Streets of Rage or Golden Axe and also offers a good entry point for those who want to see what a modern take on the brawler looks and plays like.
Dec 14, 2015If you are fond of a "special" sense of humour and you love co-op brawlers, then Zombie Vikings should be added on your wishlist.
Jan 25, 2016Zombie Vikings is the first beat-‘em-up game where the story and jokes are so good that they make you slog through its tedious combat.
CD-ActionMar 4, 2016It’s a shame that the developers didn’t use the time gap between PS4 and PC versions to polish the latter. [02/2016, p.43]
Positive: 1 out of 2
Mixed: 1 out of 2
Negative: 0 out of 2
Mar 21, 2016As a huge fan of Stick it to the man I had high hopes for Zombie Vikings. I wasn't let down, the humor is really my cup of tea and there's aAs a huge fan of Stick it to the man I had high hopes for Zombie Vikings. I wasn't let down, the humor is really my cup of tea and there's a lot of more gameplay compared to Stick it. One of the best things is that there's couch co-op! Sure the PS4 launch was a little shaky but they fixed it pretty quick and now for the PC version they added more enemies and fixed a lot of things that the early players had trouble with. Playing with friends in the same couch is they best way to play this game, I highly recommend it!… Expand
Sep 8, 2022Here is my Zombie Vikings Video Review:
Is Zombie Vikings the game that everyone who likes beat ‘em up orHere is my Zombie Vikings Video Review:
Is Zombie Vikings the game that everyone who likes beat ‘em up or hack ‘n slash genres should consider adding to the game library? It has unarguably many pros - humorous and crazy story based on Norse mythology, funny cutscenes, several characters to choose from before each level, variable and distinctive enemies, light RPG elements in the form of weapons and ruins, mini quests, reasonable difficulty, responsive and user friendly controls, original graphical stylization, great soundtrack, likable sounds and voice acting. However, there are also some cons - there are not big differences between the game characters along with absence of their development, clunky movement in 2.5 environment sometimes, no health bars for your enemies except bosses, gameplay based on hitting the primary attack button most of the time, placement of some checkpoints and the distinctive style of humor is not for everyone. The game is very suitable for family playing especially thanks to local co-op multiplayer for up to 4 players which is really great. I would not only recommend it to pre-school kids as the game might be scary for them at some moments.
- several main characters
- variety of enemies
- weapons and ruins
- mini quests
- reasonable difficulty
- voice acting
- local multiplayer
- small differences between the main characters
- lack of deeper RPG elements
- clunky movement sometimes
- absence of enemies' health bars
- mostly about smashing primary attack button
- location of some checkpoints
- dark humor is not for everyone
Zombie Vikings brings a distinctive sense of humor and original graphical stylization to the traditional beat ‘em up (or hack ‘n slash) genre and can be really enjoyable for some time. It would be even better with deeper RPG elements, bigger differences between the main characters and more complex gameplay based on combination of attacks. Thanks to local multiplayer and also the fact that I have actually enjoyed the game most of the time I am giving Zombie Vikings Thumb Up and VideoGaming Father’s Index 7 out of 10 - recommended with some discount.… Expand