8.4

1. MarkH.
    Nov 22, 2004
    Fun Game for the price. It does get a little boring, but I tend to be more of a first person shooter kind of player... also really into the Grand Theft Auto Series... Anyway, the biggest problem I have with this game is the graphics quality and the lack of contrast between the animals and the scenery at distance. This makes it very difficult to zero in on a deer using your scope at Fun Game for the price. It does get a little boring, but I tend to be more of a first person shooter kind of player... also really into the Grand Theft Auto Series... Anyway, the biggest problem I have with this game is the graphics quality and the lack of contrast between the animals and the scenery at distance. This makes it very difficult to zero in on a deer using your scope at distances greater than 70 yards. I have a huge, high quality TV, so I know that isn't the problem. In real life, a 300+ yard shot is not out of the question, in this game you'll have a very hard time seeing the beast at that range which is unfortunate since most of the rifles you can use will easily be accurate at those ranges. I'd still give it a 7 because it is unique and a great way to have some hunting related fun during the off season. Expand
  2. Sep 24, 2015
    This is the kind off game you could have fun with by freely driving around the map and shooting whatever you want. But just as you're having fun the warden pops up grabbing you by the ear and saying: "You don't have a tag to kill this animal. Don't do that again!"

Luckily there is also a Quick Hunt mode, which i prefer more than the Career mode, although it's finished much to quick: you kill the required animal and that's that. There are a few mini-games like clay shooting but they are very short lived and not much fun either.

The main problem with this game, just like with all Cabela's hunting games i guess, is that your character gets tired really fast while running. And since most of the animals in this game notice you really fast and run much faster than you can, this makes it very hard to catch up with them. It would be nice if you could sneak up to the animals and get up close to them, but that seems nigh impossible in this game.

The good thing about this game is that the map is a lot more open than Cabela's Dangerous Hunts (2003), there are a lot less invisible walls and you can actually walk up some of the hills. Also you can use a vehicle to move around the map but it handles really bad.

The graphics in Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2005 Adventures are very bad for a PS2 game, making it hard to see the animals especially in a big distance. The sound is pleasant enough, walking around in a forest hearing the birds sing can be rather relaxing and nice.

I'm giving this game the same score as Cabela's Dangerous Hunts (2003): a 6 out of 10.

1. The gameplay is very basic – anyone who wants to learn how to play it will learn how to play it whether they've played a lot of games before or not. Expect the average non-gamer to get at least a few months out of this one.
  2. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    The problem is, right out of the gate, the career mode makes things way more boring than it needs to be. [March 2005, p.95]
  3. AceGamez
    Graphically it's not up to the standards we've seen that the PS2 is capable of.