6.7

1. Aug 13, 2012
    This game is a complete disaster. The ONLY GH game I've ever returned the store...unbelievable! All the aerosmith songs are heavily censored (for some odd reason) and most of the other songs are unbearable (such as the annoying all the young dudes). Half the good stuff from their older days is rerecorded in a nausiating fashion, and their songs of the 80s such as the other side, dudeThis game is a complete disaster. The ONLY GH game I've ever returned the store...unbelievable! All the aerosmith songs are heavily censored (for some odd reason) and most of the other songs are unbearable (such as the annoying all the young dudes). Half the good stuff from their older days is rerecorded in a nausiating fashion, and their songs of the 80s such as the other side, dude looks like a lady, and angel are missing altogether. truly an all time low point in Guitar Hero's history. Expand
  2. NickV.
    Jul 5, 2008
    Very poor song selection. The sound seems off key on a lot of songs(Live Versions). Non Aerosmith songs are not well known and not fun to listen to.
  3. MikeG.
    Aug 3, 2008
    I generally like all of the other gh games but this one is the worst. when i pick a player thats who i wanna use mainly because of the color of the track the notes come down, forcing me to use perrys blue background makes it hard for me to pick out the blue notes. and the song selection sucks. i was hoping for a few less aerosmith songs and more cover bands (which were lame) but we get a I generally like all of the other gh games but this one is the worst. when i pick a player thats who i wanna use mainly because of the color of the track the notes come down, forcing me to use perrys blue background makes it hard for me to pick out the blue notes. and the song selection sucks. i was hoping for a few less aerosmith songs and more cover bands (which were lame) but we get a lot of songs, many i never wanna play again. in general a lot of aerosmiths songs seem like they were {originally} written just to fill record/cd space and go on forever with very little change. Expand

#23 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2008

Mixed or average reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. But ultimately how much you personally enjoy Guitar Hero: Aerosmith depends on how much you like the band. If you love Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith is easily the best Guitar Hero yet.
  2. If you're a Guitar Hero-loving Aerosmith fan then go and get it already - add a couple more points to the final score! For everybody else, it could be one to miss; after all, Guitar Hero World Tour (and the DS' On Tour) isn't too far away.
  3. I am by no means the ideal Guitar Hero player so I enjoyed the less rigorous songs that this version offers thanks to Joe Perry’s repetitive riffs.