• Publisher: Sega
7.1

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Apr 6, 2017
    La technique est plutôt correcte mais le jeu est sévèrement handicapé par une interface foireuse et des mécaniques grippées dont la conception est à revoir entièrement. Action ou infiltration, ça reste injouable : Sega c'est plus fort que toi.
  2. AndyP.
    Jan 21, 2005
    I nearly fell asleep during the interminably lonnnnng intro scenes. Naff dialogue and background. Sorry, but this one is either for my kiddies to play, or else it's getting swapped for just about anything. I am not a particular fan of third person games anyway - Tomb Raider was a similar yawn for me, however, at least Lara Croft is half good-looking, unlike the greasy looky sLeaza X.
  3. Sam
    Oct 25, 2005
    Gameplay was refreshingly fun, body physics were highly tuned to realism, very atmoshpereic, I liked getting emotionally attached to the characters (as they span over from the firstheadhunter) the only thing I didn't like about HR was the exclusion of the MOTORCYCLE damnit.
  4. JackWade
    Aug 27, 2004
    Best game ever!
  5. K.Kultus
    May 15, 2006
    The execution of this game is so poor it almost makes me cry, because it COULD have been fantastic. This game has a fantastic premise: a Fritz Lang - like Metropolis, an interesting backstory with deep characters and conflicts in a a divided society - "above" and "below"- sadly all which is good about the game is strangled at birth. Terrible targeting system, numb AI, and the worst The execution of this game is so poor it almost makes me cry, because it COULD have been fantastic. This game has a fantastic premise: a Fritz Lang - like Metropolis, an interesting backstory with deep characters and conflicts in a a divided society - "above" and "below"- sadly all which is good about the game is strangled at birth. Terrible targeting system, numb AI, and the worst stinker of them all: puzzles from Uranus. Add to this glitches and buggy graphics (the character shadows have a life of their own) and stretch the whole thing out over 30 hours and you have the heartbreaker that is HH:R. And as a previous poster commented, the intro is horrendously long: 12 min. of cut-scenes before you get to play! Expand
  6. Jul 16, 2019
    A masterpiece of a game. I understand peoples frustration with the targeting system, but once you get used to it, it really is rather easy. In fact, It actually makes the game more of a challenge.

Everything about Headhunter Redemption was perfection, from the storytelling, the gameplay, to the soundtrack. I really was hoping for more games from the Headhunter series, or at least a remaster of both Headhunter Redemption and Headhunter for the ps4.

If you haven't heard of this game, and you enjoy classic action/adventure/stealthy playstation 2 type games, I highly recommend you try both Headhunter and Headhunter Redemption. You will not be disappointed.
  7. Oct 31, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. feel Headhunter Redemption did not get the respect it deserved, and I as an avid gamer with many years of experience, am writing a review to let anyone reading this, (who also love the ps2 era games as much as I) know that this game is truly spectacular, and to not listen to the naysayers, because there are plenty of them. When the so called “critics” bashed this game, you already know the hive sheep will follow suit. One out of three people have a mind of their own, and luckily for me, I’m one of them. Headhunter Redemption is a true gem. I loved the story completely, the atmosphere, the gameplay and the delightful score by the musical genius Richard Jacques, who’s skills have been utilized by some of the biggest corporations, including Mercedes Benz, Audi etc. The intro starts with our protagonist from the first game, and it is set around the same time as headhunter. Jack has been called in for a job in Fortune Hills. A little girl is seen running from a man with a gun. The man doesn’t sound angry, he is very calm, and is telling the child that everything will be ok, although it clearly is not. The little child telling her daddy “no”, as she hides behind the dresser. As soon as her father is about to shoot, our hero shoots the man instead, bringing him to the floor. Jack calms the child, then notices a necklace around the child’s neck, then the game cuts to the opening credits. The opening credits explain everything that has happened, 20 years since the first game. If you have played Headhunter, you know that Zwieberg released a virus in order to destroy humanity, and Jack and Angela tried to prevent it from releasing. But in the end, the virus did release and many people lost their lives (sound familiar today?). After all of the civil unrest, a huge earthquake struck, leaving two societies in its wake. Above, where all the good people live, and below, where all the misfits, criminals, murderers aka the dregs of society etc live and work. In the credits, we get to finally see president Goodman, and he explains that there are forces from below, called the Opposition, who want to destroy the citizens of above. Opening credits end, and we’re now set in the present, where Jack is still a headhunter and gets called in to a break and entry in progress. He finds the suspect, gets into a scuffle, and the suspect manages to successfully out maneuver Jack Wade. He then notices the female’s necklace, it was the same one he remembered from 20 years earlier. He then changes his mind about apprehending the suspect, instead gives her the choice and a chance at a better life, and to take her under his wing as a headhunter. She refuses, and Jack has no choice but to bring her along with him, the old fashion way lol.

She wakes up the next morning, and Jack explains to her the situation, and how working with him is a better option than being forced below, with no future. Leeza seems to not have too much of a choice so she agrees and starts training in Jacks headquarters. She finds out that it was Jack who shot her father and this whole time believed that he had been killed, only to find out from her new trainee device, that he was sent below. After learning this, Leeza is totally on board, that she sneaks the keycard while Jack is asleep to enter below, and goes on this dangerous mission with intent to find more information on her father.

Leeza is our main protagonist, and we play as her 80% and Jack at 20% of the game. We do not get to play as Angela this time around, but she does make many appearances. Angela is now CEO of Stern Corp, which is a conglomerate corporation. They own and build weapons, smart chip technology, pharmaceuticals, Private Law enforcement (headhunting) and they control below. We learn from Angela’s first visit that Jack and Angela had a child together who died when he was only ten, unfortunately under Jacks watch. Angela and Jack, have since parted ways, yet he is still working under her. The rest of the game is about Leeza working on all the headhunter missions of below, and at the same time trying to find the whereabouts of her father. The story is really well written, and there is so much more to it than what I have told you. I can imagine HH:R being redone, and remastered with different choices and outcomes instead of some of the dreaded ones along the way. It is a very dark, a bit disturbing yet still truly a remarkable game that I have had the pleasure of playing. Hopefully something gets done and it does get a remake, with multiple endings as it really and truly deserves it, as does the original. Best

Mixed or average reviews - based on 29 Critic Reviews

1. It's cool that Sega has continued the series, but sadly, the finished product is about three years too late.
  2. PSM Magazine
    The game's kick-ass atmosphere and excellent visuals seem to have taken development time away from the play mechanics. [Nov 2004, p.88]
  3. games(TM)
    Story aside, everything that’s in the game is very competent and enjoyable but it doesn’t quite go out of its way enough to push the envelope as far as the overall experience goes, when compared to where the genre is today. [Oct 2004, p.116]