- Summary: In SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis, SpongeBob and Patrick stumble upon the lost magical amulet that will take them to the legendary city of Atlantis. Players will join them and the rest of their Bikini Bottom pals as they ride in a magical bus for a soaking new adventure. Hoping to uncoverIn SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis, SpongeBob and Patrick stumble upon the lost magical amulet that will take them to the legendary city of Atlantis. Players will join them and the rest of their Bikini Bottom pals as they ride in a magical bus for a soaking new adventure. Hoping to uncover the treasures of Atlantis in order to fulfill SpongeBob's dream of finding the "World's Oldest Bubble," players will control whether the city brings everything he desires, or if Plankton's evil plan will burst his bubble. [THQ]… Expand
Positive: 0 out of 3
Mixed: 3 out of 3
Negative: 0 out of 3
If you love the characters enough to watch the sometimes countless hours of television he is on, then this will be a walk in the park for you. Even though there will be times you will be annoyed by the adventure to Atlantis, there is no real reason not to visit the sponge under the sea.
Positive: 0 out of 2
Mixed: 0 out of 2
Negative: 2 out of 2
May 28, 2019Story: Spongebob and Patrick begins are blowing bubbles until they got trapped in a big bubble that carries them into a cave. The duo makeStory: Spongebob and Patrick begins are blowing bubbles until they got trapped in a big bubble that carries them into a cave. The duo make their way through the cave, avoiding ghost pirates and searching for ladders to venture deeper, where they find the missing half of the Atlantean Amulet...
• Blitz games follow the story of the Atlantis special pretty well within the game with slight changes.
• I hate the actual episode of the same name from the show personally, mainly because I find the story so uninteresting, boring and underwhelming for the entire special. It's not Blitz games' fault that the show was really declining in quality at this point. It really didn't help they had to make a game of a terrible special either.
Gameplay: The main characters, Spongebob, Sandy, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs and Plankton have different abilities, most often, these abilities are related to them from the show and/or special itself. The gameplay changes depending on the level from platforming, driving, on-rail shooter and QTE sequences. With each level your graded on how well you did and will earn a Gold, Silver or Bronze token which you can use to spend at the shop in this game.
• The gameplay is quite creative and tries to be different for what material it has to work with.
• Trying to get the Gold Tokens offers a little challenge and collecting tokens allows you to buy
Arkwork, costumes for Spongebob (sadly only Spongebob), commentary you can play in the levels and even arcade games that are clones to old retro games. This made the game more interesting to play, to see what you could unlock.
• The on-rail shooter and platformer parts of the game are fun.
• Some nice easter eggs from the show.
• This game is only three hours long. This is a really short length and that's not much longer then the special it's based on, which is crazy to think about. You might replay the levels to get the Gold Token or try out the commentary that might make it a 4/5 hour experience, but that's if you even give a f**k about the bonus features.
• Some levels are just QTE the whole time which is not even proper gameplay to me. The sad part is this is the case for over FIVE of the levels, yes five.
• The gameplay for the rest of the game types can be really bland at times.
Sound and Music:
• Most of the voice actors are in this game and do a good job for what they've got to work with. The commentary feature you can unlock for levels is actually fine to listen to.
• The music is very average in this game. Some tracks from are reused from Creatures From The Krusty Krab in this game, which I don't mind too much since there is original music here, but the new music is just alright at the best of times. It's a forgettable soundtrack.
• Clancy Brown (Mr. Krabs voice actor) and the late David Bowie (Atlantis King voice actor) are not present in Atlantis Squarepantis for their voice work. In fairness the David Bowie replacement is very good. But they didn't even get a replacement voice actor for Mr. Krabs so he only makes strange noises that kind off sound like him and he sticks out like a sore thumb.
• The writing in this game funny enough sounds like some of the crappy writing from the show around the time. Funny that it spread to the video games as well. Look, the games never really had the same quality of writing as the show (except maybe Lights, Camera, Pants!) However, this games writing is bad.
Performance and Graphics:
• The game did run very smoothly. No crashes, no slowdown, just ran like you would expect it to.
• Although a little better then Creature From The Krusty Krab, the graphics in Atlantis are very sub-par in this game. Some of the characters such as Mr. Krabs and Squidward are ugly as hell. Textures look dull even for ps2. This game came out in 2007 as well, a year when we got some gorgeous looking games, so it makes this game look even worse for it.
• Animations and cutscenes look so clunky this time around and even a bit off from the rest of the game.
Verdict: I have a little bit of empathy for Blitz games trying to make what little the 45 minute special had to offer and make a full game out of it. Unfortunately this game is below average and one of the weaker Spongebob games to this day. It's better then Revenge of the Dutchman, but it's lacking compared to the rest of the other games before this game.
Story: 4/10 (Not really Blitz fault)
Sound and Music: 6/10
Performance and Graphics 5.5/10
Overall Rating: 4.5/10… Expand
Mar 31, 2019Тупая пиздоболия в которой нету смысла, зачем Blitz Games это выпустили и вообще начали делать не понимаю.Кто прочитал тому привет.Тупая пиздоболия в которой нету смысла, зачем Blitz Games это выпустили и вообще начали делать не понимаю.Кто прочитал тому привет.