8.4

1. Jan 14, 2019
    One of my favorites in the Tony Hawk series! This game is amazing! Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 improved the gameplay from the previous installments and made it even better. Instead of the 2-minute classic mode timer, this game allows the player to explore the levels open ended which makes the gameplay even better, and there's more goals this time. Levels in this game are very well designedOne of my favorites in the Tony Hawk series! This game is amazing! Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 improved the gameplay from the previous installments and made it even better. Instead of the 2-minute classic mode timer, this game allows the player to explore the levels open ended which makes the gameplay even better, and there's more goals this time. Levels in this game are very well designed with several great places for massive combos. Also, this was the first game to have the inclusion of the Spine Transfer and a freestyle trick system. This game also has a fantastic soundtrack and it's personally my favorite soundtrack in the Tony Hawk series. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 is an amazing game and one of the best in the Tony Hawk series! Expand
  2. Oct 17, 2018
    Greatest THPS game for me i know lot of guys pick 3 insted of 4 but for me Definetley 4
    i spend years playin than bought amarican wastelad gush it was bad
    THPS4 was masterpiece amazing songs
    great quests awesome and fun one !
  3. Sep 29, 2018
    THPS4 is a winner! Playing it will grant you hours upon hours of game playing fun! Some of its goals are a bit frustrating and take time to achieve.
    There are at least 8 maps to explore, plenty of goals,dozens of avatars and customizations. There is a possible secret map that I myself have never been able to unlock. I dare you to discover every "gap" in the game, i never could! The music selection is grunge, but this can be turned off if so desired. Thps4 is the best of the thps series from what i have seen. i am yet to play THPS5, which has received bad reviews.
  4. Apr 16, 2017
    Yet another fantastic game to follow up its previous titles.
    This game added spine transfers as well as larger worlds, more great music and more interactivity.
    THPS4 takes everything from the previous games and improves upon them to make one of the greatest skateboarding games of all time.
  5. Oct 22, 2015
    If you can complete all of the 190 very challenging goals this game has to offer, then you've probably mastered the art of video gaming. It's rare to see a series so consistently awesome.
  6. May 25, 2015
    Great game. In fact, one of the best. Take on challenges, explore awesome environments, and play as your favorite skaters, or create one. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 is a fun, and entirely fulfilling video game for both gamers and skaters.
  7. Feb 21, 2015
    Some goals very difficult to complete without cheats. Like snake pylon run in kona cannot be done without 'slomo'' cheat as well as 'misty flip' hut gap goal. collect the rivets in shipyard, 'slomo' Some goals require looking up on net to get info to complete-developers were not clear in details, how to's or hints. Many 'reverts' required to complete landings without bailing. The gameSome goals very difficult to complete without cheats. Like snake pylon run in kona cannot be done without 'slomo'' cheat as well as 'misty flip' hut gap goal. collect the rivets in shipyard, 'slomo' Some goals require looking up on net to get info to complete-developers were not clear in details, how to's or hints. Many 'reverts' required to complete landings without bailing. The game has a tendency to lose speed in the beginning stages as this is felt by play player going up half pipes,etc. Many 'pro challenge' goals require 'slomo' to complete. Graphics are good for this old of a game. Some goals brainy, others stupid. However I would rate this a 7 Expand
  8. Aug 29, 2013
    One of my most cherished PS2 games. The free-skating, varied missions, huge levels that encouraged exploration it all adds up to a very solid title that pushed the series into a fresh direction while retaining and refining what made the earlier releases so great. A lot of people prefer 3 but I personally think this is the best of the first 4 Tony Hawk games.
  9. Nov 25, 2011
    I've got one word for this game: Outstanding. Even more is packed into this game with over 100 hours of challenges and secrets to uncover as well as a slew of things to do, including free skating, timed high score runs, and Career Mode. A masterpiece of gaming, for sure.
  10. Oct 19, 2011
    My favourite skating game of all time, sandbox-style levels with quests from npcs, and rpg levelling of stats and tricks, the game design is awesome and the soundtrack is perfect, a perfect embodiment of the world of skateboarding at the time.

I could spend all day just free skating the levels.
  11. Apr 26, 2011
    9/10 = Amazing = Extremely well designed, very challenging, and very fun. Great sports game.
  12. LividFiction
    Nov 26, 2006
    Whenever I think of skateboarding games, my mind immediately jumps to THPS4
  13. DavidC.
    Jul 2, 2006
    I have to say I was reluctant to buy the game due to it being the same format as TH1, 2 and 3. Although it is not the best TH game on the shelves i have to say it impressed me!
  14. CoryK.
    May 2, 2005
    This game is the best TH game ever. There is so much to do and the addition of talking to people to get objectives is cool. The gameplay has kept evolving and this is the end product of 4 years of improvement.
  15. Someidiot
    Mar 9, 2005
    Are you even joking?? i'm not sure where to start on why this doesn't deserve a 95% average, so i won't bother. i will say that it is basically the same game that came out on the PS1 about 8 years ago, with a bit more novelty crap added on, it aint bad but its all a bit pointless really.
  16. AndyS.
    Dec 29, 2004
    I'm not to fond of skateboarding games, I'd rather get out there and do it my self. When I do play though this would be a good choice. It's online and has not too many flaws, but I'd rather lpay somthing with a background story about more than a guy's carrer. (No affence Tony!) Try simpsons skatboarding or something really playable.
  17. AndrewM.
    Jul 15, 2004
    The best skating game EVER to be made on Earth.
  18. DavidS.
    Apr 29, 2004
    Its Rocks!!! I love this game...!
  19. DabomB.
    May 15, 2003
    This game is the best!!! Great graphics, well thought out, huge levels, great cheats, and kickass tricks!! anyone who rated this game under a seven can just go to hell!
  20. BobG.
    Apr 24, 2003
    thps 1 2 and 3 are totally nothing if we compare with this faboulous game!
  21. MattG.
    Apr 2, 2003
    This game is awesome. Try using the Moon Gravity cheat, Matrix mode, and Cool specials all at the same time. I've gotten 50 million points in one combo using the quarter pipes between the huge barge containers in the Shipyard.
  22. NickI.
    Mar 4, 2003
    This game is too good to be true, the fact there is no time limit is soo sweet!
  23. AndrewS.
    Feb 21, 2003
    I think this game is absolutley lame. Tony Hawk pro skater 3 is a million times better. I don't know what they were thinking when they made this game.
  24. Matt
    Feb 18, 2003
    This game rocks! If u don't have this THEN GET IT! dude u can play online and make an crated skater and it has alsume graphics! So go to thew nearest Walmart or K-Mart or an electronic store and buy this game just think every second u r sitting at your house doing nuthing u could be haveing the time of your life playing Tony hawk Pro Skater 4.
  25. EdZT
    Feb 14, 2003
    This game is the besssssssssst!!!!!!!!
  26. wnutter
    Jan 18, 2003
    This is one of the best skateboarding games out . The difference that tony hawks pro skater 4 has from the other 3 is that u can take your time to go artound the levels and fint out secret places with out having to go on free skate . the people have arrows over their head like mat hoff man pro bmx it makes the game play much easier. you can do flat land tricks , when u grind u can changeThis is one of the best skateboarding games out . The difference that tony hawks pro skater 4 has from the other 3 is that u can take your time to go artound the levels and fint out secret places with out having to go on free skate . the people have arrows over their head like mat hoff man pro bmx it makes the game play much easier. you can do flat land tricks , when u grind u can change the grind with out jumping , and diferent lip tricks. the bad thing about this game is that it has some terrible little games u can do like dodge monkey crap and bet on slappers. i gave this game a score of 8.( glitch in the game if u have unlocked a pro trick object do a lip trick on it then remove the object u will b stuck in the air) Expand
  27. GeneR.
    Dec 16, 2002
    This is one of the best games out. It has a great replay value and is much harder than the last THPS2. I u don't like it u suck.
  28. Shawn
    Dec 1, 2002
    Before this i didnt think activision and neversoft could get any better but they have taken skateboarding games to a whole new level with this the greatest installment in the tony hawk pro skater series.
  29. DavidM.
    Nov 29, 2002
    Man does this ever rule! The graphics are awesome, in practice you skate in the pipe that the characters skate in, the levels are about 100 times bigger, and the bail realisticness has been revamped. SO AWESOME, DUDE!!!!!!
  30. ZiggyStardust
    Nov 7, 2002
    Another great sequel for a quickly evolving series. They've added the spine transfer which allows ya to line up with where you're about to land once airbourne. The career mode is now much more challenging, and longer (190 goals). It's also open ended. The career mode isn't limited to 2 minute bursts like before. It's surprisingly much more enjoyable this way. Another great sequel for a quickly evolving series. They've added the spine transfer which allows ya to line up with where you're about to land once airbourne. The career mode is now much more challenging, and longer (190 goals). It's also open ended. The career mode isn't limited to 2 minute bursts like before. It's surprisingly much more enjoyable this way. Levels are also a little more realistic this time around. On the negative side of things, a couple of the goals where Tony gets to take a break from skating (tennis and dodge monkey poo) have unbelievably bad animation. Going from great next gen graphics, to completely horrendous is a little shocking. Thankfully, the bad animation is only there for 2 of the 190 goals, so it's a pretty minor. A great game! Expand
  31. AmandaN.
    Nov 3, 2002
    This is way better than any of the other tony hawk pro skater games. way bigger, plenty more to do, and more challenging.
  32. AdamJ.
    Nov 1, 2002
    Gettin rid of the times is the best thing since they introduced the manual! And Tom I, yes they are all the same BUT they are absolute masterpieces of programming
  33. TBoy
    Oct 25, 2002
    So much better than THPS3! The gameplay will allow for much more use out of the game.
  34. JohnS.
    Oct 23, 2002
    The game thps4 is the best game i ever played.the graphic is better,the levels and the players! i say that its just the best!!!!
  35. NaveedD.
    Oct 18, 2002
    This game is great, its much better than TPS3 and more levels, plus the levels are much bigger! A+++
  36. TomI.
    Oct 15, 2002
    For Godssake another Tony Hawks. They're all the bleedin same!!!!!

#13 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#6 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

Featuring a lovely variety of online-multiplayer games based on the best trick system in gaming, THPS4 is terribly addictive and ridiculously fun.
  2. PSM Magazine
    The total package is a much bigger leap forward than "Hawk 3" in almost every way. [Holiday 2002, p.42]
  3. Even if you aren't interested in the online portion, Activision and Neversoft have still nailed down another extremely solid sequel to the Tony Hawk franchise.