8.8

1. Oct 9, 2013
    Great looking game and very fun to run around the city, but the game play is the most boring I have ever played. I play games on the hardest level and this game is just horribly slow. In the beginning fights it takes over 10 minutes to kill 10 goons. The harder level does not mean it should take forever to kill people. It should just be harder. This game is extremely slow and boring if youGreat looking game and very fun to run around the city, but the game play is the most boring I have ever played. I play games on the hardest level and this game is just horribly slow. In the beginning fights it takes over 10 minutes to kill 10 goons. The harder level does not mean it should take forever to kill people. It should just be harder. This game is extremely slow and boring if you are on the harder levels. Other than the graphics this game wasn't worth the money. Expand
  2. Jun 12, 2013
    I hate that Batman have to find question marks or items to go next mission, it takes a lot of time to find it, figure it out. I don't like martial arts games, slow motions.
  3. Aug 9, 2019
    This game is an overrated mess and I was sorely disappointed from the lack of creativity the world had to offer in Arkham Asylum, Batman moves like a ballerina and I remember in all of the comics, Batman is a tank. All of a sudden he is a ballerina who defies the laws of physics. The story is a disaster and a few days after finishing this game, I don't remember anything about the story.This game is an overrated mess and I was sorely disappointed from the lack of creativity the world had to offer in Arkham Asylum, Batman moves like a ballerina and I remember in all of the comics, Batman is a tank. All of a sudden he is a ballerina who defies the laws of physics. The story is a disaster and a few days after finishing this game, I don't remember anything about the story. The story really started out strong with Bruce Wayne fighting with handcuffs in his suit, now thats what I wanna see. Then **** goes down with penguin and sollomen zombie, I don't know it goes downhill from there. Ok lets talk about the combat, not very good. Most of the combat consists on mashing the square and triangle button, that is it you don't even have to look at the screen, you will win every time. This game has what most open world games have in common, boring, unoriginal, repetitive missions that disrupt the flow of the main campaign. The stealth in this game isn't really creative at all, using some elements from other games, that are in-fact a lot better than this. Credit to videogamedunkey, for some of the points I used in this review. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 42 Critic Reviews

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Dec 29, 2011
    Arkham City is the best reflection of the Batman-comic books ever. Not because of the sheer amount of famous enemies that challenge our hero, but thanks to the amazing atmosphere that oozes from every pore of this remarkable action game. [Nov 2011, p.70]
  2. Nov 29, 2011
    All in all, outside of a few minor issues, I couldn't ask for a better Batman experience. If Arkham City was a graphic novel, it would be considered a classic.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Nov 18, 2011
    Arkham City should be celebrated as a shining achievement for the action-adventure genre for its masterful execution. [Holiday 2011, p.70]